Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Excited, Nervous & Stressed

I'm a newbie here and I will start on my IP journey this Thursday. I will have my 1st meeting tomorrow night at 7pm....YAY (that's the excited part!) But I started a new job (really 2 new positions) this past Monday and I am extremely stressed and nervous. Stress triggers mindless eating for me I'm trying to prepare on top of all the other stuff I have to get done this week. So my question is. For all the veterans out that what are your tricks of the trade when it comes to being on the run for most of your day/week. I have looked in multiple places I don't have any WF products near me other than one place had the jellies. So I want to try to make some dressing ahead of time. Does this look phase I appropriate?

1/8 c olive oil
1/3 c apple cider vinegar
1/3 c Soy sauce
2 T Dijon or hot mustard
1 T garlic
ginger (optional)
wasabi(optional)
Blend on high
** I will not use ginger or wasabi - the simpler the better for me. **

Come he[[ or high water I work this plan and be successful....... but as far as the new jobs go...... fake it til I make it
TNmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #2  
Started IP 11/28/12

All the ingredients are Phase 1 compatible, just want to make sure you are only getting 2 tsp of oil a day.

I'm like you - a stress eater/emotional eater. The way I've overcome this is through a variety of things:

1) Drink some hot tea when you are itching to eat something you shouldn't.
2) Take a quick walk around the block and think about how great you're going to look when you reach goal and kept your commitment to yourself.
3) Make (in advance) cucumbers with a dash of apple cider vinegar and sea salt. Cucumbers are unlimited so I always bring a some to work with me when I need that crunch and salt. I've come to love this treat!
4) Drink lots of water.

Good luck..You can do it!
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #3  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Don't stress out, it's not worth it... I mix olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice and some herbs, my salad is perfect, it taste like italian dressing.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats on starting IP and a new job adventure!

The BEST piece of advice I can give as far as staying on plan when you're busy is to PLAN AHEAD.

I have 2 boys (age 6 and 3), I work full time, my husband is a full time student and I run a baking business out of my house. So I DEFINITELY appreciate the busy! Here's how I handled my first two months while I got in the groove and learned the program:

-Plan your packets for the week ahead of time. I sat down with my calendar, my packets, and seven ziploc bags. I set up my 3 packets every day for a week - that way I just had to grab the bag for that day and go! It also helped make sure I was having the 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted every day and not getting them mixed up. I wrote an R in Sharpie marker on the restricted item so I wouldn't forget.

-keep an emergency packet in your purse, at your desk and in your car. You WILL need it at some point

-Look at your schedule a week ahead of time - know when you will need to pack your dinner, when you may have to look into eating out options, and when you need to have something in the crockpot because you won't have time to cook when you get home. Just getting into the habit of thinking about dinner in advance will help create good habits for now AND later!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

I agree with everything above...planning is key to this program (and keeping the weight off in maintenance).

However, make sure you're following the official IP Phase 1 sheet, cucumbers are listed under 'select' veggies.

I do my prep once per week. I buy a package of chicken breast, lean ground beef, shrimp, etc. I weigh 8 oz raw on my food scale and individually freeze in zip-loc bags. Then I can just put one in the fridge in the morning and it's thawed when I'm ready to cook dinner that night.

I wash, cut and portion out 2 cups of veggies in bags so I can grab and go. Wash and cut up your lettuce so you can throw a salad together in no time. If you can take 1 hour per week and do these things you will save considerable time during the week and have sooo much less stress!

You can do it

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 02-27-2013 at 11:19 AM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #6  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Visit this forum for help! You will get helpful and supportive advice from the amazing members here who have come so far already like Scorbett, Lisa and Wuv2bloved. The best way to be successful is to duplicate the actions of successful people.

We're all here to support each other so post often
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #7  

I do the same as IdealProteinNewbie. Take an hour or so on a Saturday/Sunday and portion everything out. I too have 3 kids (ages 5, 8 and 14), work full time, husband works shift work and I run a cookie business out of my house. That hour or two of pre planning saves my butt every week. Good luck!
ecmcnamee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

All good advice! I too do as much prep in advance. I leave a mix of packets at work for those days when I rush out the door and forget my food My hardest day when I started was coming home from work the first day and not having anything prepped, lesson learned! I always leave a salad or some cukes and peppers cut up in the fridge for after work/pre-dinner hunger.

Plan, plan, plan! You'll do great! Welcome
mquinn106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

Pickles - if you like Dill Pickles - they are easy to grab when you want something and if you haven't had all your veggies - it counts. Plus after you eat a pickle and have that taste in you mouth - you won't want anything else except water!
my31rewards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #10  

Well my consultation was tonight. I weighed in.....BOOO :P. But now I have all my supplements and food. I've already portioned out my day for tomorrow, ready to get this ball rolling! Tomorrow is my 1st day....... wish me luck.
TNmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #11  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
Well my consultation was tonight. I weighed in.....BOOO :P. But now I have all my supplements and food. I've already portioned out my day for tomorrow, ready to get this ball rolling! Tomorrow is my 1st day....... wish me luck.
Good luck!!! You can do this!!!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
Good luck!!!
ecmcnamee is offline   Reply With Quote