Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #1  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Default Coach said no substitutions?

So I told my coach yesterday that I sometimes have the EAS Carb Advantage shakes and I got a NO SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED speech. Yikes!

Despite my great losses, I was kind of upset by this. I feel like they just want the opportunity to sell me more and weren't focus on how I actually felt and was doing and what works best for me.

Any feedback on this? I'd really appreciate some insight on their response.

Thanks!

Last edited by SFNinerGirl; 02-26-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

EAS Drinks don't have as much protein as IP's, with IP you are getting 98% of the protein EAS drinks you are not. That is the reason
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #3  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

I understand why wuv.... but it seems like people on 3FC use them with the protocol, and if I am only having them post workout or on the go AND still having my meals.... I don't understand the problem.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl View Post
I understand why wuv.... but it seems like people on 3FC use them with the protocol, and if I am only having them post workout or on the go AND still having my meals.... I don't understand the problem.
To be honest you are not following the protocol 100% per IP standards that is the problem. The people using them are NOT on IP \BUT following the protocol. The products we suggest you use after your workouts give your body the correct amount of nutrients it needs to replenish
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

It's because Ideal Protein is a business. If you aren't using their products,

- they aren't making money

- they aren't taught how to administer the program with anything but IP products

Yes, many people add Alternative products, or use exclusively alternatives but follow the IP protocol. But that's not necessarily with the blessings of an IP clinic. There are a few out there whose coaches are OK with the use of alternatives but by and large most want you using their products exclusively if they are also going to coach you.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's because Ideal Protein is a business. If you aren't using their products,

- they aren't making money

- they aren't taught how to administer the program with anything but IP products

Yes, many people add Alternative products, or use exclusively alternatives but follow the IP protocol. But that's not necessarily with the blessings of an IP clinic. There are a few out there whose coaches are OK with the use of alternatives but by and large most want you using their products exclusively if they are also going to coach you.
And Sorbett, you know I support both!...always have
Old 02-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #7  
Back on the wagon again

S/C/G: 209/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Default no substitutions

The reason for no substitutions is because if you start messing with the protocal we can not predict your weight loss. It you do it the way it was designed they you will loose an average of 3-7lbs per week. Once you start deviating we can't control the outcome. It has nothing to do wanting you to spend money only on our products. And yes of course this is a business but when you look at all the food that is being taken out of your diet we need to make sure that you are getting the neccessary things put back in. If you don't like the way Ideal Protein runs their program then I would recommend you go lose weight a different way.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifferg91 View Post
The reason for no substitutions is because if you start messing with the protocal we can not predict your weight loss. It you do it the way it was designed they you will loose an average of 3-7lbs per week. Once you start deviating we can't control the outcome. It has nothing to do wanting you to spend money only on our products. And yes of course this is a business but when you look at all the food that is being taken out of your diet we need to make sure that you are getting the neccessary things put back in. If you don't like the way Ideal Protein runs their program then I would recommend you go lose weight a different way.
Now there's no need to take it that direction.

MANY of us have been very successful utilizing alternative products alongside the IP protocol. Nobody is knocking the program - which, by the way could also be followed simply by reading Tran's literature and is NOT exclusive to the clinics. And let's not pull the wool over anyone's eyes here - yes there is an element of ensuring your business is profitable. If a client is spending their money on alternatives, they aren't exactly helping to pay your coaches or overhead costs, are they?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Do not get me started in the number of "coaches' out there who don't know how to coach at all. Getting a tongue lashing or being accused of cheating like I have is NOT professional. There are ways of handling things ESPECIALLY when you in a business that is supposed to be helping the people. It works both ways.

IP is expensive and we all knew that when we started. BUT the choices are limited and the non restricts not that good, except for a few. If someone wants to use alternatives, they shouldn't get a tongue lashing but either continued support OR told in a PROFESSIONAL manner that alternatives are not allowed in the program at their clinic.

WOW, I think I have gotten the courage to talk to my coaches tomorrow, come what may.

BTW: I only use EAS now in my coffee. It has not in anyway affected my losses.

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 02-26-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #10  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNinerGirl View Post
So I told my coach yesterday that I sometimes have the EAS Carb Advantage shakes and I got a tongue lashing and NO SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED speech blah blah blah.

Despite my great losses, I was kind of upset by this. I feel like they just want the opportunity to sell me more and weren't focus on how I actually felt and was doing and what works best for me.

Any feedback on this? I'd really appreciate some insight on their response.

Thanks!
I had to admit to my coach I was using some alternatives because of 2 reasons. With my health issues, I cannot have high sodium foods. Unless all I want is puddings and drinks through IP, (which does not work for me) I have to find alterntives. ALSO... We're a financially struggling family, and when I spend in one month on IP product what I normally spend to feed a family of three... OUCH!

My coach was NOT happy with this, he let me know he was not happy, because he says "I don't know what you're eating".

That make sense in a way... Because he had no clue about the products I was talking about, such as Health Smart and Wonder Slim...maybe he should do some research? I don't know.

Basically, I told him I'm doing it this way, if you don't want to see me anymore, fine. He said he'd still see me.

Quote:
That was pretty harsh. We're here for support, not tongue lashings. I have NEVER lost 3-7 lb a week, even when I was doing it strictly IP products. I am 2/3 alternative products now and loosing exactly the same amount of weight/average per week as I was from the beginning.

There is so much helpful information here on 3FC (Scorbett is my hero!) that I started searching ways to save money within the first few weeks, and by week 4 I was using them regularly. There ARE alternatives that work just fine on this diet...and you're right, maybe we're not fully IP, but we're following the protocol and can be 100% OP by sticking to it. That's what this diet requires, no matter what products we use, as long as we've done the research as to what is in them.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
IP has stopped saying that people will lose 3-7 lbs a week, by the way. It's not realistic.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

OH PUUUUUUUULEEEEESE!!!!!!! IP is a revenue producing business. We all know that. I don't like that we are all afraid to state our opinion on tbecause we will be attacked. I will not live in fear.....I have a right to say what I feel. Attack me if you so desire....I have more class than to attacke you Some of us don't have the money to spend on IP $27.00/ box. I supplement the required amount of protein as I am sure all others do as well on alternatives. EAS costs less than 50 percent of IP. Please give the "poor" folks a break We want to lose weight too
Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #13  
Back on the wagon again

Smile

I am not trying to "attack" anyone by any means! That is the last thing I want. I am a coach for IP and have been a dieter as well. I also worked for the company for a while. Of course they want to make a profit. No one is denying that. I have been to training with the company and have met Dr Tran in person. He is all about helping people reach optimal health. This diet is designed to keep the muscle and trim the fat. I just don't understand how you can do that on your own if you don't follow the protocal. Yes you may be losing the weight but do you know if you are losing mucsle and fat? Do you have a way of measuring that at your gym? or at home? I do have some dieters that only eat 2 of our meals a day and they are slowly losing. I just can't predict their results. I want to help people feel the way I do! THIS diet changed my life and I did have a hard coach. But I am very greatful for making the sacrifices I did to be able to afford to be on this plan. I wish everyone luck on their own journey to a healthier life!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #14  
Back on the wagon again

And they may have stopped saying 3-7 pounds a week but it is not because it is unrealistic. I lost 3.5 pounds a week for 5 months. They stopped saying it because people were not following it the way it was written so they can't guarentee the results. I feel like people are angry with the company and I am not sure why. If you don't like it then why are you doing it? Is someone forcing you to diet?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:

I was under the impression that the 3-7 lbs weight loss per week were old numbers and that the updated numbers for women anyway are much lower 2-3 is what my coach tells me. She said anything over 3 is more in line with mens losses.
Closed Thread