Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/26/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 2/26/2013

lisa32989
02-26-2013, 06:57 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)gd

lisa32989
02-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Lets figure out a way to keep our little corner positive today.

If you're new please read the stickies before opening a new thread- lots of duplicates lately!

Reframe! Find a way to talk about what is going on without offering a complaint.
You might want to spend some time on the forum searching for a solution, rather than typing the complaint or starting yet another duplicate negative thread.

Lets talk about how good we feel, what we are doing to overcome adversity or frustration, or how our plans are working!

Lots of good stuff is happening here. We need to talk about how we persevere DESPITE what life throws at us! If you are having a rough day, there is lots of advise in existing threads. Just read. No need to start another. It really isn't a new phenomenon. It's called life. We all have trials. Lets talk about pressing through ours and coming out stronger!

And for everyone already doing this, go team! :cheer:

TrixieBesMonty
02-26-2013, 08:17 AM
I've been lurking since I started IP on January 8. I just wanted to introduce myself. I've lost 21.4 lbs. The best thing happened, my coach had someone fill in for her yesterday and I ended up switching to her. She has excellent energy. It made me feel rejuvenated! Feeling confident now.

Roo2
02-26-2013, 08:33 AM
The scale is moving 114.8 lbs::)

MyTime50
02-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Lets figure out a way to keep our little corner positive today.

If you're new please read the stickies before opening a new thread- lots if duplicates lately!

Reframe! Find a way to talk about what is going on without offering a complaint.
You might want to spend some time on the forum searching for a solution, rather than typing the complaint or starting yet another duplicate negative thread.

Lets talk about how good we feel, what we are doing to overcome adversity or frustration, or how our plans are working!

Lots of good stuff is happening here. We need to talk about how we persevere DESPITE what life throws at us! If you are having a rough day, there is lots of advise in existing threads. Just read. No need to start another. It really isn't a new phenomenon. It's called life. We all have trials. Lets talk about pressing through ours and coming out stronger!

And for everyone already doing this, go team! :cheer:

That's the kind of positive attitude and encouragement this thread needs! Nobody's perfect! Heck, that's why we are all here in the first place. It's hard enough to admit to ourselves that we've had a weak moment or have gone off the deep end, but to actually admit it in this thread takes some courage. For most of us, the issue of our weight and why we got here is a life long struggle and getting it off and keeping it off will be a life long journey too.
Let's teach the newbies how to use the forum so it benefits everyone without scolding them like a school student. Give tough love when needed and listen and encourage when needed too. We were all newbies at one time, but some have become our leaders and for that I am forever grateful.
That said, I am taking the knowledge and life lessons I have learned on this forum and continuing maintenance on my own. It's been one year since I joined this thread and I now have the tools to start living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle! I will always check in once and awhile to see how my favorite IPeeps are doing, especially Wuv and LizRR. I will miss Molly, Rainbow,IP43's sense of humor and Scorbett's expert advice! USMCVet, I hope you enjoyed your vacation and I wish you all the best on your IP journey
Stay OP and 100% everyone and thank you! :)

heritagesoftail
02-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Morning everyone ! Yesterday I went and stocked up on WF products, yum they do have some tasty things out there. Looking forward to my WI today 1st one. Not wishing for the big WOW but any drop will put me in the right direction. SO SO glad I found 3FC's , have a fantastic day everyone :)

Shawsy
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM
I have my annual physical today. Can't wait for the doc's reaction. Fifty pounds lighter since I saw him last!

heritagesoftail
02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I have my annual physical today. Can't wait for the doc's reaction. Fifty pounds lighter since I saw him last!

WOW , that Dr is going to have one nice surprise :carrot:

ragdoll74
02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
:welcome: TrixieBesMonty

Shawsy I bet your doc will be excited for you.

heritagesoftail good luck on your weigh in. The first one is always so exciting and a great dose of motivation.

Hope everyone has a great OP day! We're expecting to get hit with that snow storm this afternoon. The forecast is a mess,because they don't know how much snow/rain we are getting. Right now it's too warm for snow, but the cold air is supposed to move in this afternoon. Hopefully my evening commute will not be affected by it, but I'm keeping my eye on it and will duck out early if it does start to turn for the worse.

mrskuby
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Okay, only positives...Morning all! :D

Cheekyskeeter
02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I too hope everyone has a great OP day! Ragdoll we are expecting a big storm tonight as well...I'm secretly hoping for snow as I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow lol. Also, I have horses and rain on top of the snow will make the paddocks a disaster for my boys. We aren't expecting it to hit until this evening so hopefully I'll be home curled up in front of the fire by then.

Good luck with your physical!!! Your doctor should be proud of you! I saw my Doctor last week to have her check on my blood pressure. I stopped taking my meds about 2 and 1/2 weeks prior to seeing her and I'm happy to say my BP is within the normal range....without any meds!!! Yippeeee. I'm going to go back and see her in a month just to be sure. Feels great to get rid of those pills as I've been on them for years. Now the only thing I take besides my IP supplements is HRT....not sure I'll ever get off those (I had to have a full hysterectomy due to endometriosis almost 3 years ago).

ragdoll74
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm secretly hoping for snow as I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow lol.

Me too! :carrot::carrot:

jlnelson
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM

That's fantastic! Congratulations!!

Cheekyskeeter
02-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Me too! :carrot::carrot:

Ok ragdoll then keep doing your snow dance :carrot: and maybe we'll both get our wish!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

A1Texan
02-26-2013, 10:16 AM
It's another windy but warm day in Texas. Everything is "Moving" along great today after a "Stuffy" weekend. Gotta love the sound of a "flushing" toilet. :D

lisa32989
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
moving vs stuffy is always good
I'm hoping for a "clean" weigh in tomorrow!
:o

teresac
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Greetings fellow IP people! I am newto IP and new to this forum. I started IP on 2-12-2013. I reached the enormous weight of 197 and knew I needed to do something. A freind of mine lost 35 lbs on IP so I did my research and gave it a try. Here is my sadness though...I am PERFECT at following the IP guidelines during waking hours! NEVER deviate. But I am a night eater...I get up at night and eat, and it is so defeating when I wake up and realize that I have cheated AGAIN!!! I lost 4.6 lbs the first week, so I am losing, but weigh in on Thursday this week and am so afraid. I spent the weekend clearing my home of things I might get up and munch on, but I have a candy gift business that I run out of my home that cannot be removed. Usually the candy does not bother me, but last night, and a few nights in the past two weeks I have eaten some. I am just asking for any tips, encouragment, advice, or whatever from all of you awesome IP'ers! Thanks for sharing yourselves and your journey so us "newbs" can learn and be successful.

ragdoll74
02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
teresac- that must be an aweful feeling when you realise what you did. Can you talk to your doctor about this? He/she may have some ways to deal with it. I don't think you are alone with sleep eating.

Cheekyskeeter
02-26-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't have any advice either but I'm sure you're not alone. I hope you can get some help with that. It must be so frustrating for you.

Mother of the Groom
02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Good morning everyone!
I have a nsv I'm pretty happy about. On the weekend I made Carmel apple pies for the rest of my family and have resisted the urge to even have a little taste. Every night they have pie and ice cream and I dutifully have my iced cappuccino.:cp::cp:

mrskuby
02-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning everyone!
I have a nsv I'm pretty happy about. On the weekend I made Carmel apple pies for the rest of my family and have resisted the urge to even have a little taste. Every night they have pie and ice cream and I dutifully have my iced cappuccino.:cp::cp:

Have you tried Jicama? I think it tastes a lot like apple when baked. I peel it, cut it up, add some cinnamon and stevia then bake it...drizzle some WF caramel sauce on it and voila! Caramel apple dessert! :D Oooh and Nashua Nutrition has ice cream mix...I tried the choc and it's fantastic (esp w/ WF peanut butter and caramel sauce)...maybe there is a vanilla one?

Greetings fellow IP people! I am newto IP and new to this forum. I started IP on 2-12-2013. I reached the enormous weight of 197 and knew I needed to do something. A freind of mine lost 35 lbs on IP so I did my research and gave it a try. Here is my sadness though...I am PERFECT at following the IP guidelines during waking hours! NEVER deviate. But I am a night eater...I get up at night and eat, and it is so defeating when I wake up and realize that I have cheated AGAIN!!! I lost 4.6 lbs the first week, so I am losing, but weigh in on Thursday this week and am so afraid. I spent the weekend clearing my home of things I might get up and munch on, but I have a candy gift business that I run out of my home that cannot be removed. Usually the candy does not bother me, but last night, and a few nights in the past two weeks I have eaten some. I am just asking for any tips, encouragment, advice, or whatever from all of you awesome IP'ers! Thanks for sharing yourselves and your journey so us "newbs" can learn and be successful.

Wow, that's a bummer! Can you maybe put the candy behind a door and either lock it or rig it up to make a noise to wake you up? It's just a thought...I'm sure you'll find a way! :hug:

LizJazz
02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
The scale is moving 114.8 lbs::)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Nolawhodatchick
02-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Wow, that's a bummer! Can you maybe put the candy behind a door and either lock it or rig it up to make a noise to wake you up? It's just a thought...I'm sure you'll find a way! :hug:

I remember reading somewhere that this is what someone had to do, put a lock on their cupboard. If OP could put the candy in a cupboard at night and put a lock on it, maybe it would help. It's a whole lot harder to unlock a cupboard to get something.

leannekarella
02-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Good Morning everyone!
Good day today. Had a nice little "whoosh" on the scale of 3 lb in 2 days after no scale loss in 8 days. The inches are down; my pants are falling off! :carrot:

And yes, it's soooo good when things are "moving"!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

SylviesGirl
02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Morning, All -- I had a couple "hungry days" on Sunday and Monday, but thankfully, that storm seems to have passed. I am so happy to say that I stayed OP throughout (lots of hot tea). WI is tomorrow. It will be the first TOM WI for me, so I am managing my expectations by reminding myself how much better I feel, no matter what the scale number may be.

I'm wondering how NinjaNurse did with her coaches yesterday. I hope it went well.

Where is everyone finding all these WF products? My grocery store only has a couple salad dressings. Does WalMart have them? Do you order them online?

Make it a great day, everybody!

SylviesGirl
02-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Good Morning everyone!
Good day today. Had a nice little "whoosh" on the scale of 3 lb in 2 days after no scale loss in 8 days. The inches are down; my pants are falling off! :carrot:

Falling off pants are a fabulous thing that I am looking forward to. Right now, all my pants are "fat girl pants." They are nothing I chose -- they are all things I had to settle for. I fantasize about the day I can actually pick and choose what I am going to wear rather than buying whatever fits.

You need new pants -- way to go!!! :carrot:

teresac
02-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I actually do have my candy in a locked chest, behind a locked door, and last night neither of these locks were in place! Thanks for the reminder of the importance of using all diversions! I love lookig at everyones starting weight an current weight. Gives me sooooooo much HOPE!

bttrhalf
02-26-2013, 12:03 PM
morning everyone, today is the last day of work then off the San Diego for a short vacation with my sister, she has not seen me since i lost all the weight. can't wait to see her face. i'm going to be starting phase 2 while i'm down there then back to P1 next week.
we are planning on shopping for clothes.
everyone have a great week:hug::D:D

IdealProteinNewbie
02-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Where is everyone finding all these WF products? My grocery store only has a couple salad dressings. Does WalMart have them? Do you order them online?

The best place I've found is Netrition.com.

They are $3.79/bottle with a flat rate shipping of $4.95.

Each bottle is $4.99 on Walden Farm's website (ouch!).

SylviesGirl
02-26-2013, 12:40 PM
The best place I've found is Netrition.com.

They are $3.79/bottle with a flat rate shipping of $4.95.

Each bottle is $4.99 on Walden Farm's website (ouch!).

Jeez, that's quite a $$ commitment for something I've never used or tasted. Well, I guess that's the nature of the beast with this plan, so I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for answering my question.

For those who will post here today, would you mind mentioning a WF product, or two, that you would say is the most useful/helpful to you so far? Thanks.

M35A2
02-26-2013, 12:43 PM
For those who will post here today, would you mind mentioning a WF product, or two, that you would say is the most useful/helpful to you so far? Thanks.

The BBQ sauce and the caramel dip are the only 2 that I really care for. Everything else tastes like a bunch of chemicals to me but then everyone's taste buds are different.

meinvt
02-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Teserac - i read about sleep eating on this forum so I know there are others in your predicament. Someone suggested chopping lots of veggies and putting them front and center in your fridge and cabinets, maybe your sleeping self will get the hint.

Week two weigh in: 3 lbs. Less than hoped for but so what, a loss is a loss and I'm delighted!

wuv2bloved
02-26-2013, 12:49 PM
You know where it is so you are going straight for it. Does it have to be in the house at all? is there a reason why you keep candy at home? if you have kids don't let that be your reason to have it around. Get them healthy snacks not junk.If you don't have control of your "night" eating then this will continue, I would eliminate it all together for now

mrskuby
02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Jeez, that's quite a $$ commitment for something I've never used or tasted. Well, I guess that's the nature of the beast with this plan, so I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for answering my question.

Here is a link to the thread for the WF products...before anyone gives you a hard time about not searching the threads before asking a question...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223323-walden-farms-product-reviews.html

mrskuby
02-26-2013, 12:52 PM
You know where it is so you are going straight for it. Does it have to be in the house at all? is there a reason why you keep candy at home? if you have kids don't let that be your reason to have it around. Get them healthy snacks not junk.If you don't have control of your "night" eating then this will continue, I would eliminate it all together for now

She runs a candy gift business out of her house.

LizRR
02-26-2013, 12:54 PM
No complaints here! I am up a little over 13lb and its all in my baby belly! Definitely need to pick up some maternity jeans asap...my size 2s still fit everywhere else but the buddha. Did a 6.5-mile run this morning and a healthy breakfast. I am taking time this weekend to plan out my pregnancy meal plan now that my morning sickness is passing and nausea doesnt control my meal planning anymore...13 weeks and counting, smooth sailing into my second trimester.

wuv2bloved
02-26-2013, 12:57 PM
She runs a candy gift business out of her house.

Thanks for the clarification :)

meinvt
02-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Falling off pants are a fabulous thing that I am looking forward to. Right now, all my pants are "fat girl pants." They are nothing I chose -- they are all things I had to settle for. I fantasize about the day I can actually pick and choose what I am going to wear rather than buying whatever :carrot:

Thanks for posting sylviesgirl. These sort of posts choke me up because finally I've found people who feel like I do! I like the wf thousand island but I cut it with mustard. The maple syrup is fine - tastes like any artificial syrup but not too thick. It's stronger than real maple syrup but better than nothing ::T. Balsamic is reeeeaaaly sweet.

UrbanHavok
02-26-2013, 12:59 PM

That's awesome, I'm in NYC dancing like the carrot for you :D :carrot::carrot:

ecmcnamee
02-26-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm on day 20 of IP, down 16 pounds and 9.5 inches. I had a hard time doing that by myself counting calories, doing the elliptical and lifting weights so I'm thrilled about that. Still trying to figure out some food combinations and am sticking with the basics for right now .. but so far so good. Happy Tuesday :)

jlnelson
02-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Small NSV to share: I grew up as a swimmer and every since I stopped swimming in college, I started to put on weight. Over the last few years, I really haven't been into swimming (suits look funny, no energy, etc). Yesterday night I jumped in the pool and I told myself that I would try to do 1000 yards (little over a half mile). I got to that point and still had energy, so I aimed for a mile (1650 yards). I still had energy and went on to do 2000 yards in all. I made myself stop becasue I was afraid of how sore I would be today. I still feel physically pretty good (we'll see what tonight brings) but I was so excited to actually be able to accomplish a workout. Thanks for letting me share!

SDChickie
02-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Hey all. Can someone either provide me the # or give me a link for the info on approximate total carb grams we are to have in Phase 1? I know I've read it before, but have no idea where and the search functionality is not particularly helpful. Thanks much! :D

wuv2bloved
02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Hey all. Can someone either provide me the # or give me a link for the info on approximate total carb grams we are to have in Phase 1? I know I've read it before, but have no idea where and the search functionality is not particularly helpful. Thanks much! :D

between 30-50 carbs

SDChickie
02-26-2013, 01:29 PM
between 30-50 carbs

Thanks, Wuv! Good to see you! ;)

wuv2bloved
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks, Wuv! Good to see you! ;)

welcome you are looking GREAT!

SylviesGirl
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Here is a link to the thread for the WF products...before anyone gives you a hard time about not searching the threads before asking a question...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223323-walden-farms-product-reviews.html

THANKS!

I do remember seeing that now that you mention it. ;) I'll go read up on it . . . I am trying to do this plan as frugally as I can, so I only want to buy a couple items and work with those until I am tired enough of them, then I'll move on to a couple more, if needed. Thanks again.

SylviesGirl
02-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Small NSV to share: I grew up as a swimmer and every since I stopped swimming in college, I started to put on weight. Over the last few years, I really haven't been into swimming (suits look funny, no energy, etc). Yesterday night I jumped in the pool and I told myself that I would try to do 1000 yards (little over a half mile). I got to that point and still had energy, so I aimed for a mile (1650 yards). I still had energy and went on to do 2000 yards in all. I made myself stop becasue I was afraid of how sore I would be today. I still feel physically pretty good (we'll see what tonight brings) but I was so excited to actually be able to accomplish a workout. Thanks for letting me share!

WAY TO GO! This is very inspirational to read . . . I look forward to a day when, after doing activity, I want to do MORE activity . . . glad to see it can happen! What a terrific feeling for you to have! Congrats. :high:

NinjaNurse
02-26-2013, 02:29 PM

So exciting!! I can't wait to see my DR in April. She's been very happy and supportive of me.

Who have thought we'd like going to the Dr??

:hug::hug::hug:

Tziri
02-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Haha. I can't wait to see my Dr. in July either! I should be close to my goal and can't wait for her reaction.

leannekarella
02-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Some places have a sample pack of WF products. You really should try them before you buy any amount. I blew through $40 at the start of this diet because I just bought everything that sounded good. It all went in the garbage except a couple of items.

My absolute favorite is the Pancake Syrup. The Strawberry Syrup is pretty okay... All the salad dressings, mayos, dips, made me gag and tasted like I was eating liquid plastics.

crazynette826
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm sure he will be excited for you! Good job!! :yay:

Good luck with your physical!!! Your doctor should be proud of you! I saw my Doctor last week to have her check on my blood pressure. I stopped taking my meds about 2 and 1/2 weeks prior to seeing her and I'm happy to say my BP is within the normal range....without any meds!!! Yippeeee. I'm going to go back and see her in a month just to be sure. Feels great to get rid of those pills as I've been on them for years. Now the only thing I take besides my IP supplements is HRT....not sure I'll ever get off those (I had to have a full hysterectomy due to endometriosis almost 3 years ago).
Yay for getting off of BP meds!!! That's awesome!!! :yay:
THANKS!

I do remember seeing that now that you mention it. ;) I'll go read up on it . . . I am trying to do this plan as frugally as I can, so I only want to buy a couple items and work with those until I am tired enough of them, then I'll move on to a couple more, if needed. Thanks again.
I really like the maple syrup, the bacon ranch, and the mayo. I didn't care for the BBQ sauce, but most others love it. It's tastes too maple like to me. If you check the walden farm site, you can check for more stores in your area that might carry other choices. I found a store, that I had no idea was there. They carry almost all of the different flavors!

my31rewards
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Woke up to a very beautiful day in South Louisiana - which are not very frequent - and I have to saw, it sure did make me feel beautiful today. I love seeing all the positive posts IPeeps!

As for WF products, I've bought the Thousand Island dressing, specificily for the Big Mac in a Bowl, the Pancake Syrup. Both are yummy to me. I bought the Peanut Spread - opened it, smelled it, gagged, and never tried it. It didn't even smell like peanuts, it had a very chemical smell. I've been looking for the chocolate syrup but my store has been out so I'm hoping that means it's good.

I've been drying all my pants and they are still falling off or dragging the ground! I love it, but I already feel short as it is.

I'm finally over that hump that I never was able to get over on other diets in the past. Seemed like I would not get below 231 so it feels great to be in the 220s in only 7 weeks!

mrskuby
02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
THANKS!

If you purchase something and it isn't good by itself, remember that you can use most stuff as an ingredient...for example, the PB is gross by itself but I make an asian peanut sauce with it that I use for stir fry, dip or even dressing. The alfredo itself wasn't great but I added seasonings and plenty of veggies and it made an acceptable substitute for alfredo. I used the garlic & herb pasta sauce as a marinade for chicken (but that's one I wouldn't bother buying again FYI). I don't throw anything out at my house...just re-purpose it! LOL That's why DH calls me the kitchen sink chef! :dizzy:

crazynette826
02-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I had weigh in today, down another 3.6!! :yay:

I love my coach! She's always so encouraging, and helpful! I really lucked out. I wish everyone could have a great coach like her. :)

heritagesoftail
02-26-2013, 03:38 PM
So did my first WI today and was down 3.2 . I am pretty happy as i have never lost that much weight in one week before. But secretly I wanted 5 lbs . Had a few obstacles my first week so really looking forward to the upcoming week.

And booked a cruise for Jan 26/14 - Calling it my skinny cruise

WI#1 -3.2

leannekarella
02-26-2013, 03:41 PM
So did my first WI today and was down 3.2 . I am pretty happy as i have never lost that much weight in one week before. But secretly I wanted 5 lbs . Had a few obstacles my first week so really looking forward to the upcoming week.

And booked a cruise for Jan 26/14 - Calling it my skinny cruise

WI#1 -3.2

That's great! And what a treat to look forward to!

gardenhoe
02-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I actually do have my candy in a locked chest, behind a locked door, and last night neither of these locks were in place! Thanks for the reminder of the importance of using all diversions! I love lookig at everyones starting weight an current weight. Gives me sooooooo much HOPE!

I may have missed this part but why do you have candy in the house? Girlie send that candy packin'!!!

..okay so I skipped a whole page and missed that you run a candy business out of your house.

SylviesGirl
02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I've been drying all my pants and they are still falling off or dragging the ground! I love it, but I already feel short as it is.

I'm finally over that hump that I never was able to get over on other diets in the past. Seemed like I would not get below 231 so it feels great to be in the 220s in only 7 weeks!

OMG, that's right! I can start drying my clothes!?! Yippeee! I haven't dried my jeans in ages, because they just barely weren't too tight. Thanks for reminding me!

Congrats on getting over that hump. It sounds like it is an important one for you. You and I are about the same size . . . same height, I mean, and started near the same weight. I know all about pants dragging! LOL Congrats again.

Thanks for all the help on the WF products. I didn't know they had a product locator on their site . . . I will try that. I have been trying to go as long as possible just eating very basic food, but I know I need to keep ahead of myself so that I don't get bored and rebel. :p

onmyway1014
02-26-2013, 04:30 PM
It IS funny to look forward to going to the doctor rather than dreading it.

I actually want them to weigh me now - Last time I was there the medical assistant wanted to re weigh me because she thought she had written the # down wrong - she was muttering that weight just can't be right and then said lets go back to the scale. I very proudly said - Oh its right - I've been losing a ton of weight. What a different feeling for me.

I have an appt tomorrow and I hoping they weigh me. Kinda silly since I know exactly how much I weigh at all times - but I like the kudos when the Dr. comes in. A few positive words go a long way with keeping my spirits up!

One last thing - I got a haircut and color - when I returned to school yesterday parents were asking me if I lost weight or got new glasses because I looked different/ younger somehow. :) One of the other teachers said - it's her hair!

It just cracked me up because when I started losing weight and my hair was the same old crappy style and color it had always been people said: Gee your hair looks great today! Now that it is actually different they say: Looks like you've lost weight.

Too Funny : and I'm not complaining - I'm happy they are noticing - I've lost almost 80 lbs - but I can't wrap my mind around the hair/weight connection/confusion. It reinforces what someone on here said recently: When you are really overweight people just don't see you.

MntRose
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Had my 5th week WI today and lost 1.2 lbs, I was really happy that the scale had finally moved a lilttle bit. So that brings my total to 15.1 <3

Asked my coach how much sodium would be okay for the extra deli meat she told me to add last week to my daily foods and she admitted she has no idea at all. So can anyone give me an idea or range for sodium that should be acceptable and still OP? Also off the top of your head it seems like Braggs Aminos should be okay but does anyone know for sure if they are okay to have OP?

:cheer2: Thanks and have a wonderful day :cheer3:

lisa32989
02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
teresac: Girl: Lock that candy up! And/or get it out of the house! Can it be somewhere else totally? Garage? Basement work room (locked)? Somewhere NOT in the kitchen! Is your doctor aware of your sleep walking/eating? I like mrskuby's idea of an alarm that would wake you up, as well. The more "barriers" the better!

leannekarella: So great to hear about the whoosh! And to know you were patient enough to wait for it. I don't recall hearing about any impatience :) I've really never experienced pants falling off. I've got that hourglass shape & the hips hold them up. I retire them out of sheer bagginess before they ever fall down. Must be a great feeling!

Morning, All -- I had a couple "hungry days" on Sunday and Monday, but thankfully, that storm seems to have passed. I am so happy to say that I stayed OP throughout (lots of hot tea). WI is tomorrow. It will be the first TOM WI for me, so I am managing my expectations by reminding myself how much better I feel, no matter what the scale number may be.

Thanks for sharing with everyone what you did you get past the hungries. We all get them, don't we? It is all in how we live through them! Sharing that here is SO helpful to others! Good for you on remembering to keep your expectations in check. The numbers and the scale WILL give you a pay off. Not always in "our" timeframe, but it happens!
Vitacost is a good source for WF products, and netrition. Sorry, I'm not a Walmart shopper so I can't speak to that.

Right now, all my pants are "fat girl pants." They are nothing I chose -- they are all things I had to settle for. I fantasize about the day I can actually pick and choose what I am going to wear rather than buying whatever fits.
Mine were too, back in Aug. I realized most of my clothes were things I bought because they fit. They were "okay" but nothing special. I am definitely dressing nicer now. I'm still not picking much...I had some smaller things in boxes and am supplementing with second-hand. I'll get new when I get to goal. THAT will be an experience (and expensive but worth it!).

Just like IP products, you'll find a range of tastes with WF products (what one likes, another dislikes). My go-tos: Strawberry spread, maple syrup, BBQ sauce, coleslaw mix, balsamic dressing.

Thanks for looking for that & sharing!
The daily is ALWAYS a great place for questions!

SDChickie: RE: Net Carbs
I know this was answered. I just wanted to point out we look at NET carbs.
The 3FC search is wonky and takes some time to learn. I usually try several times before I get what I'm looking for.

I can start drying my clothes!?! Yippeee! I haven't dried my jeans in ages, because they just barely weren't too tight.
Look at my signature. First thing that happened to me is I could start drying my pants again! Yay for you! This diet WORKS!

lumielumes
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Had my weigh in today. Down -3.4! Very happy!

funstaffordmom
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
The hubs and I are meeting with the Wellness Dr. to get on this diet. One of my co-workers and his wife started 1/1/13 and has lost 30# 25# respecitvely. Based on the increase is clothing size, I look forward to losing approx 25#. I'll learn the truth on Saturday when I weigh in :o I think the hubs will be looking at 40# to lose.

I'll be turning to you ladies for support :hug:

Annie

heritagesoftail
02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Had my weigh in today. Down -3.4! Very happy!

Way to go ......... Do the Happy Dance :carrot:

Dinie89
02-26-2013, 05:13 PM
today is a good day -- i spent the mornng demo cubards in the kitchen -- gonna be a long 3 weeks with no kitchen but i have pre cooked all my meat and have moved all my microwave downstairs -- going to be nice when done -- then this aftenoon i cleaned out my closet -- got rid of most of my XXL and XXL -- cant belive i am wearing an XL is most cases -- cant wait for WI tom to see that scale move =)

Suchawittygal
02-26-2013, 06:14 PM
So...how do you all think this will effect my weight at weigh-in on Friday? I'm thinking probably 1 lb. I'll find out after an MRI tomorrow if I need surgery. But regardless, I'm in a cast for 6 weeks. Torn UCL.

leannekarella
02-26-2013, 06:21 PM
So...how do you all think this will effect my weight at weigh-in on Friday? I'm thinking probably 1 lb. I'll find out after an MRI tomorrow if I need surgery. But regardless, I'm in a cast for 6 weeks. Torn UCL.

Ohhh nooo!
The cast alone probably weighs a pound, if it's anything like the ones I've had in the past.

Wishing you a speedy, as pain-free recovery as possible! :hug:

leannekarella
02-26-2013, 06:21 PM
The hubs and I are meeting with the Wellness Dr. to get on this diet. One of my co-workers and his wife started 1/1/13 and has lost 30# 25# respecitvely. Based on the increase is clothing size, I look forward to losing approx 25#. I'll learn the truth on Saturday when I weigh in :o I think the hubs will be looking at 40# to lose.

I'll be turning to you ladies for support :hug:

Annie

Welcome!
We're all here for you! :D

NinjaNurse
02-26-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: Dr visits. I jumped on the scale last time I saw my Dr!!

Someone at work thought my face looked too thin?? HUH?? I don't have a Winter coat that fits anymore so I am always under bulky clothing. Still a long way to go!!!

lisa32989
02-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Oh no!
You won't just have cast weight. Inflammation is water weight, too.
Hoping for no surgery & quick recovery

Just know, even if the scale isn't forgiving for a while, you are STILL losing fat and the scale WILL catch up!

A1Texan
02-26-2013, 06:50 PM

You know you don't have to shake that drink mixer that hard. :rofl:

Shawsy
02-26-2013, 06:57 PM
This is a nice positive daily thread today. Nice to hear all the good news (well, except for that cast and torn UCL!).

Today's physical went well. Everything is certainly going in the right direction. At 5'10" and 207 lbs according to the doctor's scale, I am no longer "Obese" and just "Overweight" on the BMI chart.

I was a little puzzled by the Bod-Pod results year over year as they are inconsistent with what the IP Clinic scale is telling me about BF% or more specifically about lean mass loss. I'm not about to put a damper on the thread though. I will have to do some more reading - my expectations may need some adjusting after I learn some more.

Anyhow. To those of you with upcoming visits to the doctor, may you WOW them with your losses, your blood chemistry and whatever else they test you for. It sure is a nice feeling for a change!

Suchawittygal
02-26-2013, 07:05 PM

LOL..I know Texan, but I just can't help myself!!

Oh no!
You won't just have cast weight. Inflammation is water weight, too.
Hoping for no surgery & quick recovery

Just know, even if the scale isn't forgiving for a while, you are STILL losing fat and the scale WILL catch up!

Oh man, Lisa, I never even thought about the inflammation, hopefully the anti-inflammatory medication I'm taking will help me out with that.

Ohhh nooo!
The cast alone probably weighs a pound, if it's anything like the ones I've had in the past.

Wishing you a speedy, as pain-free recovery as possible! :hug:

Thanks Leanne.

I was really looking forward to hitting the 140's on Friday, but I think this might push that out one more week. We shall see.

Cheekyskeeter
02-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh no suchawittygal! I hope you recover quickly!!

wendywendy
02-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Wuv...you are looking AMAZING....congratulations!!!!!!!

SweetShe
02-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Week 8 Weigh in...-3.5 lbs. Total of 27 lbs - and 16.5 inches! It will be a full two months on 3/5 so I'm hoping for a full 30 lbs gone!

I have some work events next week and dinner but I'm confident and have pretty much everything planned. I'm going to bring a veggie platter and shrimp cocktail to the pizza party...

I see my Dr. on Friday so I'm excited to step on that scale - amazing isin't it?

Mother of the Groom
02-26-2013, 09:54 PM

Oh that's the pits. Positive thoughts for no surgery and a speedy recovery.

omg, I laughed so loud I scared the dogs..lol. :lol:

crazynette826
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM

Bummer!!! Hope you don't have to have surgery. Sending good vibes your way!