Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #16  

Height: magmeepEVE

Halfagain: Glad you're doing so well while away. That's great!

I know that sugar is my trigger, so even in maintenance, I think that I have to stay away from sweeter things, with or without sugar. I'm not sure whole grains are a trigger for me though (white flour, etc. is). I'm going to have to work through that when I start eating grains again. Being Vegetarian, and thinking about going back to being Vegan (I was never healthier, or had more energy than when I was Vegan), grains have traditionally played a large part in those diets.

Nolawhodatchick: You are rocking maintenance! Good luck figuring out what's next for you.

IdealProteinNewbie: Congrats on getting the scale moving again! So happy for you. I think part of this diet is figuring out how to work it for you. Those little adjustments really help, and I think that it makes us think about what are bodies need, which is a valuable lesson.

I had a great loss last week -- down 3.8. I won't whine about the lower loss the week before. This thread is just the best! Missed being here.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
I know that sugar is my trigger, so even in maintenance, I think that I have to stay away from sweeter things, with or without sugar. I'm not sure whole grains are a trigger for me though (white flour, etc. is). I'm going to have to work through that when I start eating grains again.

I had a great loss last week -- down 3.8. I won't whine about the lower loss the week before. This thread is just the best! Missed being here.
Oh girl, me too on the sugar/sweetened items. Grains are an issue for me (the more I learn about gut permeability, the more I know what I'll need to stay away from [gluten]). Yay for your whoosh & yay for being in the no whine zone. It is ALL GOOD!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I am glad I am not the only one looking ahead to phase 3 and trying to plan ahead I am sad that I will not be phasing off with many of the rest of you ladies who have been such great becons of support. But on the good side of that coin I get to read on your successes and plans which will help many of us later. I am so very appreciative of all of you ladies who take the time to not only plan ahead but share with the rest of us. Thankyou!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh girl, me too on the sugar/sweetened items. Grains are an issue for me (the more I learn about gut permeability, the more I know what I'll need to stay away from [gluten]). Yay for your whoosh & yay for being in the no whine zone. It is ALL GOOD!
Thanks, Lisa! And yeah, yeah, yeah on the sugar/sweetened thing. With my shakes, I try to get them less sweet, by adding more water, salt and coffee.

Good luck with the gluten tissue. I so hope it's not a problem for me, as it will make being a vegetarian more difficult. I just ordered some low carb tortillas and pita bread from Netrition that I'll use once I'm in phase 3/4. But I'll ease them in one at a time so I can see if they are causing issues for me.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Monica -

Just want to say - You look great. I love all your new shoes and new pictures. I'm glad you are having so much fum shopping and getting bargains too.

Your transformation is amazing....basically - you rock!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I am glad I am not the only one looking ahead to phase 3 and trying to plan ahead I am sad that I will not be phasing off with many of the rest of you ladies who have been such great becons of support. But on the good side of that coin I get to read on your successes and plans which will help many of us later. I am so very appreciative of all of you ladies who take the time to not only plan ahead but share with the rest of us. Thankyou!!!!
Oh, you'll rock maintenance, Monica! I love too that everyone is sharing they're experiences. When I started, I saved some recipes for phase 3, but I'm going to be doing two weeks of the cellulite reduction protocol and then move on to phase 2, so that's when I'm really going to work on my recipes for Phase 3/Phase 4. That way, I won't be dreaming about all those foods I can't have right now.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #22  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Day one of the training class I am attending this week was today. They had the whole carb loaded lunch laid out. I packed a salad and a EAS shake and did fine. It was only 1/2 day of training - bet tomorrow for the full day session they have morning carb-a-palooza along with lunch bunch o'carbs. My chair is located right next to the food table (only one fellow sitting between me and the spread) I should pay him to trip me if I make a move for it haha. It's what I get for showing up later rather than earlier to the training and having limited seats left.

I was thinking about a year ago how I would have been all over that food selection, but today it wasn't that hard to stay on plan. I totally agree that the grains and sugars are a huge trigger for me to want to eat more of them. Makes me want to keep avoiding them in maintenance so I don't get out of control like I used to be. I will stop and get a Star bucks Americano with a sugar free shot to bring in with me tomorrow. It should slay any gut buster donut ideas that may enter my head. Time zone differences have my sleep all hosed up tonight (yep I woke up and here I am reading 100% thread) the caffeine will do me good.

The hotel here is absolutely awesome with a kitchenette in the room, it's like home away from home. My two dinners so far have been made here in this room - and they were great even without a bunch of spices and my usual hot sauce. My boss is taking a few of us out to dinner tomorrow. It should be fun.
Love the carb-a-palooz term! Great job at keeping on track because you know it probably isn't as good as it may look. I'm not sure why I ever thought hotel training spreads were considered good eats. Starbucks Americano's are my go-to treat. Sometimes regular, sometimes decaf, sometimes with sugar-free syrup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I don't post often on this thread but check it regularly. I've been 100% OP since starting IP Jan. 11th and loving every minute of it (ok maybe I've forgotten the first few days that were a struggle but I'm here now and not looking back). I'm looking forward to hitting goal but will be honest I'm a wee bit concerned about the breakfasts I see for P3..... I've never been one to eat breakfast so the shakes in P1 suit me well. I'm sure I will figure something out when I get there.
I've come across a couple recipes lately that blend everything including oatmeal, yogurt, berries, etc into a protein shake for breakfast. If I can find them again I'll post in the P3 breakfast thread. It might be a good grab and go breakfast for you.

Quote:
Halfagain: Glad you're doing so well while away. That's great!

I know that sugar is my trigger, so even in maintenance, I think that I have to stay away from sweeter things, with or without sugar. I'm not sure whole grains are a trigger for me though (white flour, etc. is). I'm going to have to work through that when I start eating grains again. Being Vegetarian, and thinking about going back to being Vegan (I was never healthier, or had more energy than when I was Vegan), grains have traditionally played a large part in those diets.

Great loss! I am reading a book right now (actually a few different ones!) about The Carb Sensitivity Diet. It has you work through a cycle of introducing different types of carbs for a week at a time to determine what you may be more sensitive to than others. I thought I may try this to see if anything specific triggers me and then I could either try the reset program or just stay away from that item. Carb categories include legumes, high carb veg like sweet potatoes and grains (I stay away from gluten).

I had a calmer day today, no meltdowns, no temptations, just a bit of stress having to work through a lunch meeting. Tonight I'm planning another relaxation night in the sauna or bath. It is so nice being able to come here and here from people doing so well on the program, phasing off, being supportive, no whining, no cheating!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Monica -

Just want to say - You look great. I love all your new shoes and new pictures. I'm glad you are having so much fum shopping and getting bargains too.

Your transformation is amazing....basically - you rock!
Thanks so much.
Quote:
Oh, you'll rock maintenance, Monica! I love too that everyone is sharing they're experiences. When I started, I saved some recipes for phase 3, but I'm going to be doing two weeks of the cellulite reduction protocol and then move on to phase 2, so that's when I'm really going to work on my recipes for Phase 3/Phase 4. That way, I won't be dreaming about all those foods I can't have right now.
I am trying to just accumulate the recipes for now and then I will make my own creations and more research as I get closer as I too do not want to temp myself. What may I ask is the cellulite reduction protocol...I am interested in that.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post

Great loss! I am reading a book right now (actually a few different ones!) about The Carb Sensitivity Diet. It has you work through a cycle of introducing different types of carbs for a week at a time to determine what you may be more sensitive to than others. I thought I may try this to see if anything specific triggers me and then I could either try the reset program or just stay away from that item. Carb categories include legumes, high carb veg like sweet potatoes and grains (I stay away from gluten).

I had a calmer day today, no meltdowns, no temptations, just a bit of stress having to work through a lunch meeting. Tonight I'm planning another relaxation night in the sauna or bath. It is so nice being able to come here and here from people doing so well on the program, phasing off, being supportive, no whining, no cheating!
Glad you had a better day today, KitKat, and enjoy another relaxing evening. I need to do that. I had a late start today, and when I finally took a shower, I stayed in there longer than I ever should have. The hot water just felt so good, and just made the stress I was feeling disappear.

KitKat, please do share those smoothie recipes for Phase III. I love smoothies, and I've used them in the past when I was eating more healthfully.

Can you please tell me which book you'd recommend about that diet/reintroducing foods into your diet? Oh, if I have problems with legumes and grains, boy, I'm in big trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post

What may I ask is the cellulite reduction protocol...I am interested in that.
Monica, I've come across a couple of posts/threads I've bookmarked on the cellulite reduction protocol. I've not heard of so many people using it, or if it works all that well, but I figure, it can't really hurt. Here are the links I've bookmarked:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-protocol.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3268137-post7.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4449363-post4.html
Old 02-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #25  

Quote:
Glad you had a better day today, KitKat, and enjoy another relaxing evening. I need to do that. I had a late start today, and when I finally took a shower, I stayed in there longer than I ever should have. The hot water just felt so good, and just made the stress I was feeling disappear.

KitKat, please do share those smoothie recipes for Phase III. I love smoothies, and I've used them in the past when I was eating more healthfully.

Can you please tell me which book you'd recommend about that diet/reintroducing foods into your diet? Oh, if I have problems with legumes and grains, boy, I'm in big trouble.

Monica, I've come across a couple of posts/threads I've bookmarked on the cellulite reduction protocol. I've not heard of so many people using it, or if it works all that well, but I figure, it can't really hurt. Here are the links I've bookmarked:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-protocol.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3268137-post7.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4449363-post4.html
Thank you, I am going to look into that for when I am at goal. I have already been inquiring about the circuit gym for women in my town, can't wait to tone everything up.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #26  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I am up a little over 13lb, it's really showing in my boobs & belly! I definitely need to pick up some maternity jeans asap...my size 2s fit everywhere else but the buddha - I am using a rubber band and completely unzipping them now. I tried using my old bella band from my first pregnancy and it is too big - kind of in an in-between stage right now. My size 1 jeans are in retirement...for now!

Did a 6.5-mile run this morning and had a healthy breakfast, a few extra snacks than normal, and a great dinner of steak & asparagus! I am taking time this weekend to plan out my pregnancy meal plan now that my morning sickness is passing and nausea doesn't control my eating so much anymore...13 weeks and counting, looks like smooth sailing into my second trimester.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Great NSV today. Another skating mom asked me if I had lost weight. Finally! Not anther haircut question! So I said yes, old her about IP, and she's considering it. I can't believe I might be a positive influence on someone else. Yeah!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #28  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Thanks all for the support! I felt it today as I skirted the carb obstacle course in the training room once again. My predictions were right on the nose about today.

Starshine, what a great loss! Congratulations! I hear all of you peeps avoiding the sweets. We all have our triggers, but so far I don't think sweets is one of mine, unless it's combined with fat (oh heck I was gonna name some, but I'm sure you can figure out some combos like that). It is a siren's call for me with my restricted at night, and yet I eat the one and I'm done. I hear it start to call my name around 7 PM, and once I'm done I'm sad I'm done with it... but I have yet to get another one out and eat it as well - and I'm not seriously that tempted to most nights. A few nights with stress I've considered it, but didn't want to log the dang thing in my journal. So as long as I have that control I think it's good practice for me.

Monica you are doing so well, and you look amazing. Just keep it up (I know you will), we'll all be in maintenance together soon.

Wow so many great happenings here. I wish I could quote you all and such but I need to get to bed and see if I sleep tonight for a change (day three, hope it's the night). Just know you made me smile tonight. My smiling muscles are all sore from dinner tonight with my boss and team... it's really pretty cool to have your face hurt from smiling so much. Oh had a wonderful salad with some steak cut up in it. What a awesome dinner after the temptations today, and I have left over for tomorrow's lunch!

Off to bed! thanks for being you
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #29  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Go to the "weight comparison" thread if you haven't. I thought it sounded negative but it's a funny one. Have you lost a bale of hay or a baby giraffe?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #30  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Go to the "weight comparison" thread if you haven't. I thought it sounded negative but it's a funny one. Have you lost a bale of hay or a baby giraffe?
noooo its the elephant penis!...hahahahaha
Closed Thread