Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #1  

Angry Looking for an email buddy...

Helloooooo out there,

I'm looking for an email buddy to discuss weight loss, exercise, sports acitivities, food choices, support methods, etc.

I'm female, 35, about 25 pounds over where I'd ideally like to be, and very physically active in a variety of activities.

I tend to think I'd probably have more in common with another chick (versus a guy) but I could be wrong. I'd hate to be close-minded that way! As long as the guy doesn't care when I go on a monthly I NEED CHOCOLATE rant, I'm game! I don't care if my buddy has more or less weight than me to lose, or is more or less active than I am. I just want to talk to someone who has some goals they want to strive for and likes to discuss all the issues around trying to be and maintain a healthy weight and make healthy food and lifestyle choices.

I've been looking through the buddy/group threads on the board, and even posted to one, but it seems like people are in a different time zone and I think I'd prefer to get to know one or maybe two people really well... FYI I'm the Florida in the U.S.

So, anyone interested in being an email buddy -- setting up some short- and long-term goals and then bashing the **** out of each other until me get there? I kid, of course!

Last edited by TheBigZoo; 05-29-2005 at 10:37 PM.
TheBigZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #2  
Vegetarian

Hey I am game!

I live in Missouri (central time zone) at Whiteman Air Force base (husband is active duty).

I am 26 (27 in June), and I have 2 daughters who are 5 and almost 3. I used to be in the Air Force, but I got out in 1997. I just quit my job a month ago so I can go to college full time.

I am going to be one heck of a busy woman! I just joined the BFL challenge and I am starting Monday the 19th, so I will be doing cardio and weights at my gym on base. My daughter starts Kindergarden in August, and my youngest will be going to daycare/pre-school at the same time. Then in September my husband is being deployed somewhere in one of the deserts overseas for 3 to 6 months. Breaking a sweat just thinking about! lol.

Does that count as active? haha.

My email is [email protected] if you want to be my email buddy. I think it would be fun to have a fitness buddy to write to each day and talk... it would give my other friends a break from hearing about it at every phone call! hehe.
islandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:51 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

See your private messages, and also join us on the main thread of Ladies who lift... we are a great bunch , if I do say so myself...

Later...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:56 PM   #4  

Hi there, I would love to be your buddy. I really need someone to talk to also. I am not real active but I love lifting weights. Since the beginning of January I have lost 10 lbs by lifting weights only. On a personal note, I'm living with a wonderful man but has never had an ounce of fat on him therefore he just doesn't get it. I want to become fit and lean. Hope we can chat. bye for now.
Got2belean is offline   Reply With Quote