Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Alternatives to Ideal Protein where you can exercise

Betty Jewel
02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm looking for a diet plan, preferably with packaged meals that will provide the fastest results. I think most people recommend IP which sounds great until I realized that I would have to give up intense workouts. I really feel like that would be going backwards since it has taken me 4 months to like working out and going to the gym. I don't want to lose the progress I have made thus far and need a different plan.

Lolo70
03-03-2013, 11:23 PM
I did Jillian Michaels' 1hr strength and cardio programs on Medifast. I noticed no problems. I found it easy to follow, was never hungry and I lost constantly, though the losses were slower than on IP. I switched to an IP-like diet since. I found you cannot exercise on IP for a couple of weeks until your body readjusts. It is lower total carbs than Medifast and maybe puts you in ketosis whereas Medifast is borderline for some people. I still exercise, though I switched to Body Revolution, which is a shorter workout. I currently eat more than IP recommends, usually 4-5 packaged meals depending on whether I work out once or twice a day.

Overall, Medifast was easier to do for me as it was 5+1. The losses are better on IP as I am very sensitive to carbs. You can exercise on both, though with IP you need to readjust the number of meals you take to be on the safe side.

zoesmom
03-04-2013, 09:01 AM
I do Wonderslim and as well as Jillian Michael's. I just add 1 EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake on days I excercise and no problem. A lot of IP-ers exercise...general approach is to add 1 shake to replace lost calories. There is an EXCELLENT thread regarding excercise and IP here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205608-exercise.html)

workingit50
03-09-2013, 08:09 AM
I am 4 weeks into IP and the loss is good. I am trying to figure out how to add the right protein calories, etc on exercise days. You think a loss would occur with exercise, this week I am exercising less and losing more. Hmmm....I think it will be trial and error. Some exercise days I do an extra packet or have tried egg whites. Good luck!