Ideal Protein Diet - No veggies for lunch. What should I do?

FreeBird3
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
I was in a rush to get out the door this morning and forgot to bring my veggies with me to work for lunch. Should I just have 2 IP packets for lunch so that I don't end up feeling starved and risk falling OP?

Msbehaving
02-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Any chance you can sneak out to subway or somewhere and have them make you a salad? Anyone at work that you could borrow from for a day? Got a significant other or kids that would deliver to you?

I am keeping some of the steam in a bag veggies at work in the freezer for when I don't have time or am too lazy to get fresh veggies ready in the morning.

ragdoll74
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Don't double up on packets.

Just run out and find some veggies. I like the subway idea. Also if you have a market near by, they usually have cut up veggies all washed and ready to eat.

LA4Life
02-25-2013, 10:00 AM
if I ever forgot my veggies, I just doubled up at night and drank extra water at lunch

NinjaNurse
02-25-2013, 03:59 PM
This was me today!! I only had zuchinni and I already had some leftovers. Since I am addicted to the salad at work, I went to our caf. All they had was cucumbers, not my fave, but I added Mrs Dash and some malt vinegar to marninate. Looking forward to it now!!

scorbett1103
02-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I would echo what was already said - you can't double up packets, the packet is not nutritionally the same as the veggies and the point is to eat the right BALANCE of foods between packets, protein and veggies.

Subway does chopped salad, and most supermarkets sell veggies pre-cut or have a salad bar. In an emergency, I've even just grabbed one cucumber from the produce section (1 good sized cuke is about 2 cups veggie).

IdealProteinNewbie
02-25-2013, 05:26 PM
I've eaten a bell pepper as if it's an apple!

evepet
02-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Several times this summer I spent the day at my Toronto Hq. I always took a soup packet with me for lunch and bought a green pepper, cucumber, and tomato from the closest green grocery. Thankfully my Toronto Hq has a mini kitchen with some cutlery, so I had access to a knife - and sink. So I washed, and chopped up about 2 cups worth of these veggies and put them on a pile of paper towels. Offered the rest to anyone who wanted them. Dabbed the contents of a single-serve packet of WF on my veggies and enjoyed as finger food!

gazelle
02-25-2013, 08:09 PM
This weekend, I was stuck at a baseball tournament with a bar, but no veggies. I purchased 2 pickles from the concession stand and ate those for the veggies. Not what I wanted, but it worked in a pinch (I did have some extra water weight Sunday from the salt, but it was gone by Monday).