Exercise! - Still need to lose 50 pounds should I....

Deadlydame13
02-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Just do cardio.? I don't know exactly when I should incorporate strength training help! Ur answer is greatly appreciated!!!:hug:

nelie
02-25-2013, 07:32 AM
If you only want to see a change on the scale, then do cardio. If you want to see a change in your body composition, then do strength and cardio. Doing strength training helps you keep your current muscle mass while losing weight. It can also help you give you a leaner look but the weight on the scale may drop more slowly as you won't be losing muscle weight and your muscles tend to retain water after your workouts.

Radiojane
02-25-2013, 10:48 AM
You will feel worlds better when you start weight training. It WILL help you lose weight. You just have to separate yourself from the scale number a little. When I started resistance training, I stalled my scale out for 30 days, but I could see and feel results. My clothes were looser. I could run up my steps.

If you absolutely have to see results on the scale all the time (and there's no shame in that, there are many of us that do), then stick with cardio until you're down to where you want to be. I would hate to see a water retention based stall discourage you from your work outs.

Deadlydame13
02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Thank you guys!