Ideal Protein Diet - Day 1 on Ideal Protein

View Full Version : Day 1 on Ideal Protein

Time to change
02-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Today is my first day on Ideal Protein. Not a big fan of what I chose for my first meal... (Fine herb and cheese omelet) and I think the vitamins may have been a bit rough on my stomach... But I am looking forward to do this! I have read so many positive posts in the last few weeks and have seen people reporting some amazing results!

leannekarella
02-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Today is my first day on Ideal Protein. Not a big fan of what I chose for my first meal... (Fine herb and cheese omelet) and I think the vitamins may have been a bit rough on my stomach... But I am looking forward to do this! I have read so many positive posts in the last few weeks and have seen people reporting some amazing results!

Welcome! :wave:

I personally prefer the plain omelet, and I add in some veggies (mushrooms, green onions) or I make a egg fu yung out of it by throwing in mushrooms and bean sprouts.

And yes, I had a few issues at the beginning with the suppliments, but my body seemed to have adjusted to it. I cannot take them if I have vinegar before. That really makes my stomach upset (such as after a salad with oil/vinegar dressng)

Hang in there. The first couple of days are a real pain, but it's well worth it.

sunkissed311
02-24-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm new too - just starting day five. The first few days were rough, but I feel like my body is starting to adjust. I think it will be hit and miss the first few weeks with trying all the packets - I've found a few good, and a few gag worthy lol. Wishing you great success!

Time to change
02-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks!!

star19600
02-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Welcome! The herb & cheese omelet is one of my favorites, but the foods do take a little getting used to. If you took the vitamins on an empty stomach, try waiting until after you've eaten next time. I figured that out on the first day, the multi makes me nauseous if I don't eat first. Good luck on your journey!

learning to fly
02-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Welcome! This will be likely the best thing (one of the best?) that you will ever do! :)

The roughness....I hope you have a good coach. I had a major issue with too much magnesium but I had no idea that that is what was causing me problems and my coach didn't tell me...I ended up quitting because I couldn't take it any longer and then had a much more difficult time starting again.

That is why it is important to get to the bottom of what is bothering you asap, because this diet is not meant to be uncomfortable! Actually people are meant to feel pretty good on it, so find a way to adjust what you need to achieve feeling okay with it all. Do not lose momentum!!!!

Msbehaving
02-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Hang in there. Vitamins in the morning make me sick to my stomach so I take them at lunch and dinner with food.

I like the omelet made up with vegies for lunch on the weekends. During the week I am doing ok with some kind of a drink or the cereal. I am using the soups also as the base for lots of vegies.

This program is working awesome for me....like nothing else I have ever tried. I am in my 4th week and feel fantastic.

ragdoll74
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Welcome!

Not sure if you took the vitamins before or after you ate. It might help if you take them a couple minutes after you finish your food.

Calisto
02-24-2013, 01:29 PM
I had to skip the morning vitatmin the first week until my body got use to the vitamins. But I have always had problems with vitamins and prenatals... By the 2nd week I could stomach it.

Good luck! I was not a huge fan of the herb one, liked it better as an omlet than as scrambles eggs though.

Time to change
02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Thanks. I took them immediately after eating. I will try to wait a few minutes tomorrow morning. A friend mixed some veggies in with the herb and cheese omelet and liked it. I have one more pack that I already bought so I will try it again next weekend!

Charbarot
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Welcome! The herb & cheese omelet is one of my favorites, but the foods do take a little getting used to. If you took the vitamins on an empty stomach, try waiting until after you've eaten next time. I figured that out on the first day, the multi makes me nauseous if I don't eat first. Good luck on your journey!

I agree..love the herb and cheese eggs. Not a big fan of the soups, except the tomato. The bars are good for the most part also.... But when it comes to the 'restricted' I like my crunchy curls

Desafinado
02-24-2013, 02:13 PM
I usually eat a little, take the vitamins/supplements, then eat the rest otherwise I get sick (I was like this before IP).

I love the herb and cheese omelet so much I never bothered to try the regular omelet. I don't mind the broc/cheese, chicken noodle, mushroom soups though I hated the tomato one (never tried leek) and I just started restricted items last week so I haven't had any bars yet. You'll find your rhythm though so good luck and happy losing!

Tziri
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
I had problems with vitamins at first too. The multi still makes me nauseous if I don't have enough in my stomach in the morning. The potassium pill was the worst for me though; that one made me sick no matter when I took it (luckily I don't have to take it anymore).

Anywho.. Welcome!!!

Charbarot
02-24-2013, 02:31 PM
I've always taken vitamins and supplements so that's not an issue. I did order the same vitamins from the plain protein site...been tracing them, they will be here tomorrow. On average, there was a $7-8 markup on each one at the place I go...so it's worth the savings for me

Airdebb
02-24-2013, 10:38 PM
My coach did not suggest any of the soups, only puddings and drinks. I thought maybe you had to work up to them. The vitamins do not bother me, drinking all the water and then going to the bathroom every fifteen minutes. I have been told it gets better though.

scorbett1103
02-24-2013, 10:44 PM
My coach did not suggest any of the soups, only puddings and drinks. I thought maybe you had to work up to them. The vitamins do not bother me, drinking all the water and then going to the bathroom every fifteen minutes. I have been told it gets better though.

There are some coaches who try and keep their clients on only the lowest calorie, lowest carb stuff for the first week or two. I don't know if there's a reasonable reason, or if they're just trying to tweak the first losses to be big, but there's no clinical/dietary reson for not letting people have the full variety of foods (restricted and unrestricted) straight from the start. The program is DESIGNED to work the way it is written - two unrestricted and one restricted item, every day.

CupcakeLo
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
I am just about to finish my first week. I agree- it's tough. Especially being Girl Scout Cookie time. AND you're right, some of the foods are not as good as others. I just tried one of the yogurt drinks! Yummy! And the Salt & Vin. ridgets- also yummy!

I weigh in tomorrow- here goes nothing! I'm less worried about the number and more worried about shrinking inches! I'm getting married in May and my dress doesn't fit... like... not even close! I've gaind 20 lbs in the last 2 months. So something NEEDED to change.

I wish you luck!

bellasamimom
02-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Good luck :carrot:

I am finding this such and easy diet. I am learning so much about planning my food and eating smaller amounts.

emack13
02-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I am starting IP Thursday morning! I am a bit nervous because I am a serious foodie and I get bored so easily. I don't eat eggs or mushrooms so my coach said that I could just substitute them with something I did like. I happen to LOVE
soup thought, I was wondering what everyone thought of the chicken and the leek?

Also, I only have a goal of around 15-18lb weight loss. Has anyone else on here started with a smaller goal and been successfu?

Msbehaving
02-26-2013, 03:40 PM

Ditto on making an omelet or a frittata - I usually eat this at lunch with 1-2 cups of veggies mixed in (can be made ahead of time and reheated). Supplements early in the morning bother me, so I have AM ones at lunch with food. I was a breakfast eater before, but turns out I do ok with a drink in the morning now.

Msbehaving
02-26-2013, 03:47 PM

The soups are ok by themselves, at least most of them - depends on your personal taste. However, I don't eat any of them by themselves, but rather use it as a base to build a good soup with garlic, herbs, veggies in some assortment. Just finished a delicious mushroom soup - garlic, celery and mushrooms sautéed and added to IP mushroom soup, then simmered for 10 min. The chicken soup yesterday I just added a packet of True Lemon. The lemony acidity perked up the flavor and reminds me of a greek lemon chicken soup. There is a recipe for making flatbread out of the tomato basil soup, so I am going to try that next week - maybe use it as a base for a kind of a pizza?

SFNinerGirl
02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Congrats on starting. This program is fantastic and the results are amazing. It is hard the first few days as your body adjusts but hang in there and check in with your coaches for support and the 3FC forums. You're going to do great!

Alaskagirl92128
02-27-2013, 08:04 AM
I has a really hard time with my first choice too. I also have had problems with the consistency on stuff like the puddings. I have been trying to stick to stuff I know I like. Good luck!

minpinmama
02-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the program! You are going to love love love it. I have been on the program 31 weeks and just hit 74 lbs... Today is my first day on this forum!

IdealProteinNewbie
02-27-2013, 08:57 AM
I has a really hard time with my first choice too. I also have had problems with the consistency on stuff like the puddings. I have been trying to stick to stuff I know I like. Good luck!

While I enjoy the puddings as is, they do make amazing shakes. I make a delicious "Salted Caramel" shake. Throw the Dark Chocolate pudding powder in the blender with 8 oz water, a few ice cubes, Walden Farms Caramel Syrup, blend then sprinkle with sea salt.

Also, if you make them ahead of time (preferably the night before) and leave in the fridge it makes a world of difference!

scorbett1103
02-27-2013, 10:05 AM

I was never fond of the puddings as pudding, and the drink mixes were always too thin for me. So I took the suggestion of another IPer when I first started and made the pudding mixes with 10-12oz water and had them as shakes!

Time to change
02-28-2013, 07:16 PM
The end of day 5, and I am feeling great! :)

joysh
02-28-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm new too - just starting day five.

I am just about to finish my first week. I agree- it's tough.
I weigh in tomorrow- here goes nothing! I'm less worried about the number and more worried about shrinking inches! I'm getting married in May and my dress doesn't fit... like... not even close! I've gaind 20 lbs in the last 2 months. So something NEEDED to change.

I am starting IP Thursday morning! I am a bit nervous because I am a serious foodie and I get bored so easily... I happen to LOVE soup though, I was wondering what everyone thought of the chicken and the leek?

The end of day 5, and I am feeling great! :)

:balloons::welcome::welcome3::welcome2::balloons:

Welcome to all of you!! I've been on IP since June 14 and have lost 75 pounds! The first week can be a little tough, but believe me, it gets easier! I really enjoy the foods. I love the broc-cheese and chicken soups - leek soup is also good. I always saute some fresh garlic with mushrooms and colored diced peppers, then mix up the soup and pour it on top in the same pan. I do the same with the herb and cheese omelet and the a la king potage. The broc-cheese is still my favorite, but the others are good, too. That's my lunch + a salad.

Cupcake, you'll be in that dress with room to spare if you stick to this.

I've had 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted every single day since I began IP.

Welcome to the forums. You'll enjoy coming here for support and loads of ideas, recipes, and good conversation.

See you around!! :)

leadedge
02-28-2013, 10:54 PM
I am starting IP Thursday morning! I am a bit nervous because I am a serious foodie and I get bored so easily. I don't eat eggs or mushrooms so my coach said that I could just substitute them with something I did like. I happen to LOVE
soup thought, I was wondering what everyone thought of the chicken and the leek?

Also, I only have a goal of around 15-18lb weight loss. Has anyone else on here started with a smaller goal and been successfu?

I like both but I'd pick the chicken first. I shake it, nuke it and then let is sit for a bit so the noodles get tender. My best friend on IP is the George Foreman grill. I'm a total idiot in the kitchen so I grill everything on my GF! Peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini...if it fits I grill it!!