100 lb. Club - Two-teens into ONEderland - So close you could SCREAM

Elladorine
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Hope it's alright that I start a new thread? I know we have a 500-post-limit rule and the latest one (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/264856-two-teens-into-onederland-so-close-you-could-scream.html) was at 512. :)

This is my very first post in this group. I'm so excited to be here! I honestly haven't been in the two-teens since I was in eighth grade. :o So aside from early grade school, this is literally the smallest I've ever been. :dizzy: I rebooted a healthy commitment to myself back in March of last year, and I'm closing in on the anniversary of keeping a food journal. It has done so much for me: I've lost 50 pounds in 50 weeks (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/276190-50-pounds-50-weeks-143-total-uncharted-territory.html). I've lost a lot of weight in the past (143 pounds total now) and have kept it off (aside from a 25 pound regain I've since recovered from, whew!), but this is the most consistent I've ever been. I'm really hoping I can get under 200 pounds sometime in July; if not, I'll just keep on trucking. :carrot:

Once again, I'm so excited to be here! Let's do this together. :grouphug:

CherryQuinn
02-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Oh god fresh thread and I'm still here :(

Elladorine
02-22-2013, 03:00 PM
But you're so close! :hug: You can do this!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-22-2013, 03:15 PM
OH... I can't wait to get to where you 2 are! I have a long trail.. but you show me that it is really possible. CONGRATULATIONS to the 2 of you and I will celebrate the 2 of you when you see ONEDERLAND wooo wooo

SarahFairhope
02-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Carly - Alright, that makes me feel a lot less crazy. :D Thanks. I also packed on the major pounds on depo, but there was other stuff going on. My husband is also snipped but this bc pill is suppose to help me get my possible PCOS under control. My nutrionalist said this morning to give it 30 days to balance out and it should very well help instead of hinder. I so, so, so hope that is true.

ELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi. :)

CherryQuin - I mean, I guess you're here but BARELY! You are like a nose blow away from that mighty onederland. Seriously. ;)

Beth - Haha, you crack me up. Its the 216 tango! :P

CherryQuinn
02-22-2013, 03:45 PM
So close yet it feels so far XD

elvislover324
02-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Welcome Elladorine!! So happy you are here!! But none of us plan on staying long!! :)

Happy Friday to everyone else!!

I'm getting anxious for my weigh-in on Monday and stress is no good for weightloss! I increased my calories about 200-300 a day and I want to trust my nutritionist that I am not going to gain weight. I know she is right but I feel like I have been eating so much food (isn't that a good feeling on a "diet"??). The increase is strictly with fruits and vegetable calories but mentally, it's so hard to wrap my head around. I lost over 100lbs following her instructions so I am sure she is right about this too but ugh! I wish I had an on/off switch for my head!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

elvislover324
02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Meant to say CherryQuinn, I saw on another thread about your engagement! Congratulations!!!:congrat:

CherryQuinn
02-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Meant to say CherryQuinn, I saw on another thread about your engagement! Congratulations!!!:congrat:

Thank you! It gives me more drive to lose the weight so I can be in the dress that I want XD

elvislover324
02-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Thank you! It gives me more drive to lose the weight so I can be in the dress that I want XD

You are going to be GORGEOUS!! And we are here to support you all along the way!! :hug:

bethFromDayton
02-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi all--I have to post so I'll be subscribed to this thread!

Today was a successful bathroom day (TMI--but all of you know what I mean), so I'm planning on 215 tomorrow.

(Why does dieting make me constipated and irregular both?)

elvislover324
02-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Today was a successful bathroom day (TMI--but all of you know what I mean), so I'm planning on 215 tomorrow.

This made me laugh, beth!! You know you are amongst friends when we all get what you mean and get excited for you! And go 215!!!

Mozzy
02-22-2013, 05:57 PM
205 today... So I'll be around for at least a little bit

SarahFairhope
02-22-2013, 08:15 PM

Engaged?! Wait, what? I missed this! How exciting!! Congratulations!! :)

April Snow
02-22-2013, 09:05 PM

What I really need is for you guys to all get into the 190s thread very soon and fill it up before I get there, Yes, I have a long way to go, but that is still the same thread I was posting on when I hit 198 in November 2011, and then the wheels fell off. :o :censored:

So when I do get there, I want a nice new thread, and not on that I will be jinxed on!! :lol: Plus of course, I want all the 200-219 people to get to Onederland and beyond!

CherryQuinn
02-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Engaged?! Wait, what? I missed this! How exciting!! Congratulations!! :)

Thank you!

thnknthin1
02-23-2013, 10:47 AM

Cherrry I'm right here with ya. I've been hanging at 204 for almost 2 1/2 weeks now. Everyone else went on to the next thread and left me behind :)

bethFromDayton
02-23-2013, 12:05 PM
214.4 this morning! I actually did something I rarely do, is to weigh in the middle of the night (or rather very early morning when I decided I wasn't getting up yet)--it was 215.2. I weighed again right before my shower--214.4.

DH says I only have to count the lower one, but I'm confessing my double weighing to all of you!

I didn't get myself up to exercise this morning, but I have a pretty empty day today so it'll get done--just a bit later. YAY for 214.4!

Lishar
02-23-2013, 12:56 PM
BethfromDayton I have dont that before just to see if there was a difference. Use the lighter one.

I was down to 211 but life got in the way. I did not eat up to plan on my work days. I find it really hard to get enough calories in when I work. I am an ICU nurse and am on my feet all day. I have a hard time eating and when I do frequently I eat lunch at 4pm because its so busy. Sooo 2 days of that and yesterday I was a slug and overate. So I am up 2lbs today mostly water weight I think. I am not happy about it but not overly concerned.

My plan today is water water water and going to the gym to get my walk done.

Have an amazing day Ladies.

CherryQuinn
02-24-2013, 10:40 AM
204.4. 204 has been around a few days now just going down in .2 increments. I can't complain as long as its going down but I will be happy to see 203.anything lol

Misti in Seattle
02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Okay, well, I'm not in this thread yet but I DID finally get to put it at the far end of my mini ticker, so just here checking things out and dreaming LOL. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can come back here legitimately. :cheer:

:rain:

bethFromDayton
02-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Good (late) morning, all.

The scale says 214.6 this morning, so I guess that 214.4 wasn't a fluke. I'm pretty pleased with that.

I didn't exercise yesterday--somehow, around dinner time, I start feeling really woozy--I even had to sit down while DH finished shopping at Lowe's. (He would have take me home if I hadn't found a bench and told him to go find what he needed.) And I love Lowe's. So, at any rate, I took my woozy self to bed early without even a walk around the block.

I am excited about being in the bottom half of the two-teens. I'm down 15 pounds in just under 7 weeks. Pretty exciting stuff!

elvislover324
02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Yay Beth!!! An even better weight than you were hoping for! Hope you are feeling better today. That woozy feeling can be so scary.

You are so close to 203 CherryQuinn! Maybe you'll go straight to 202 for being so patient!

Can't wait to see you here Misti!!

Happy Sunday to everyone!!

Lishar
02-24-2013, 01:08 PM
CherryQuin I have been going down by .2 all week. It all adds up.

Beth bummer about feeling dizzy. I hope you are not getting the flu.

I had an ok walk yesterday. I had to leave 15min early because I had to pee so bad. When I got back all the treadmills were taken. So I called it a day and left. I did walk a lot more. Shopping at a super Walmart will do that for you. :-)

So down to 211 today. I am happy about that. Edging closer to 199. I am very goal oriented. I wonder what my next goal should be after that? Maybe just 10lbs because the closer to goal the harder it is to get rid of weight.

bethFromDayton
02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
I think the 'woozy' was low blood sugar. I felt it again this afternoon and checked--and my glucose level was 84. Low for me.

I'm going to keep my meter with me and check blood sugar if I feel woozy again. If that happens, I'll have to talk to my doctor about decreasing my meds. That's a good feeling--that I might be getting myself in a condition where I can control my diabetes and cholesterol with fewer medications.

For tomorrow, the big issue is if I can manage to get my nails done before going grocery shopping. The shopping has to happen--shopping Monday after work is part of the plan to have the proper foods. The nails, though, they are just too darned long and need to be done--and my nail tech doesn't work Tuesdays. (First world problems)

bethFromDayton
02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Happy Monday everyone.

Three days in the 214.x/215.0 range--I'm really down 15 pounds--that feels good, but sometimes I also feel like it isn't "enough" yet--since it doesn't really show. I go back and forth on this. I remind myself that 15 is on the way to 25 (which is when I expect it to start to show). I remind myself that 15 lbs in 7 weeks is the weight loss I was hoping for.

My blood sugar is way down--fasting was 84 this morning. I don't even know the last time it was "normal" (I don't test it very often). (I'm an in-denial diabetic) (84 is a healthy non-diabetic fasting blood sugar)

So, I know I'm doing everything right--but I wish it were faster....

elvislover324
02-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Weighed in at 216.4, down 1.8lbs this week. So cranky about it, I was perfect on plan and did all my exercise and then some! Hopefully it's just hormone issues and it catches up a bit next week. Was so hoping for a "5" where that 6 is, boo.

Hope you are all having a nice Monday!

CherryQuinn
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
203.4 today so dropped a lb from yesterday lol. My boobs oh my boobs they are just totalled. If they were a car they'd be written off. They are still big but you dont lose 14-16 inches around and a cup size or two and not have them just totalled. boob job and implants for me when im at goal!! Seriously I looked back at the pictures of me when I was heavier and wow I had an impressive pair, just impressive, gonna need to buy them now but thats okay I want them that impressive again.

I just took measurements. I lost 1.5 inches off my bust this month. Omg. No wonder they are wrecked. They can stop shrinking now... please. lol.

Lishar
02-25-2013, 10:43 PM
CherryQuinn I hear you about the boobs. After having 3 kids and losing this weight mine are a bit saggy. I would love to get a lift. A smaller cup size too. I have a hard time getting sports bras because I am 36DDD.

I keep losing in .2. an .4 . I guess I should be happy that I am losing instead of playing the up/down game. So I am 210.4 today.

CherryQuinn
02-25-2013, 11:15 PM
CherryQuinn I hear you about the boobs. After having 3 kids and losing this weight mine are a bit saggy. I would love to get a lift. A smaller cup size too. I have a hard time getting sports bras because I am 36DDD.

I keep losing in .2. an .4 . I guess I should be happy that I am losing instead of playing the up/down game. So I am 210.4 today.

i was 34 JJ now it seems im 34 F/G

fattymcfatty
02-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Scale finally read 206 today. Hallelujah.

CherryQuinn
02-26-2013, 10:26 AM
202.8 today. It was a good week, not for my boobs, but for me lol congrats on everyones weight losses this week!

bethFromDayton
02-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Yay on weight loss to fattymcfatty and CherryQuinn!

I'm up 0.2 today, but I'm not surprised by it. This lack of proper elimination is really getting uncomfortable. I'm even getting ready to start substituting water for some of my diet coke!

I don't know what my bust is going to do--it's been so long since I've been overweight instead of obese I can't predict it.

SarahFairhope
02-26-2013, 12:05 PM
202.8 today. It was a good week, not for my boobs, but for me lol congrats on everyones weight losses this week!

I feel so anxious and excited for you!! So close. Dude, I feel ya on the boob issues. Ive lost 40lbs, 10 of which I think MUST have come from my formally awesome rack. Le sigh! ;)

Down .4 for the WEEK. GAH! To hit my April 1 goal, I'd have to lose 3.25lbs/week until then. Yeah, thats pretty unlikely. Gah. Ive got to really get with it. Take out Indian is NOT going to get me there. Damn you tasty curries! ;P

SarahFairhope
02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Scale finally read 206 today. Hallelujah.

Yahoo for scale movement!! I know that has to have been frustrating.

All-

Is there some twilight zone stuff in this decade? Once you get here, weight loss just EEKs by? *grumble*

Lishar
02-26-2013, 12:33 PM
No change today. I had a hard workout yesterday. I will keep on keeping on plan.

Have a wonderful day Ladies.

bethFromDayton
02-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone--hanging out at 215 exactly right now and waiting for a whoosh!

My jeans are all too big. I've been threatening to put darts in the back--it's something I have to do now because they keep slipping down and I end up walking on the hems.

I saw a dietitian today. I wrote up how it went on a new thread in Calorie Counters, for anyone who might be interested. I was impressed with her and think she gave me good advice, including the need to watch other values than just calories.

My walks were slower than usual today (walked with a different coworker--she's even slower than I usually am)

I'm feeling upbeat--2 lbs/week is so slow, but I know it's the right speed, so I'm concentrating on that! (And convincing myself of it so when it slows further, I'll be ready for it.)

Take care, all.

bethFromDayton
02-27-2013, 04:06 PM
. I have a hard time getting sports bras because I am 36DDD

Have you tried the Enell bras? I went to a specialty store to try them and they actually work. I'm a 40DD, so we're not the same size, but I'm really happy with mine. They're sized a bit strangely (numbered rather than band and cup size).

Every other bra I tried on didn't do its job--I still flopped. This one was expensive ($60) but it actually holds me in and makes it possible to jump and move. (I did jumping jacks in the dressing room to test the ones I tried on.)

I don't remember who on 3FC told me to try them, but I'm really glad I did. Fortunately, it dries quickly, because I only bought one!

Lishar
02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I am glad I can finally fit in the regular store sports bra. I have been having to get news ones every 2-3months. The ones I bought in january are getting big. I cant justify paying $60 for 3months use.

I am down a little bit today. These last few weeks have been strange .2-.4 every day or two. Its adds up so I am not complaining. Again I would rather slow then a gain.

209.8 today. I am so happy to be below 210 and only 10bls to onderland. WOohoo.

thnknthin1
02-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Well I would say I am officially in a stall or plateau. I have been the same weight now for 3 weeks. Everyone that was posting on this thread when I was has moved on. I'm thinking I need to change things up somehow. Either increase my calories for a few days or ramp up the workouts. This is getting very aggravating and discouraging. This is by far the longest stall I've had. :(

the shiv
02-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Psst... thnknthin, you spoke too soon! I'm back up to 204. Stress eating. I'm seriously reconsidering the employment tribunal I'm going through, I don't know if I want to continue putting myself under so much stress for what would work out as a pittance if I win, when I might be better just letting it go and moving on with my life.

/rant

So, I think I'm back to keep you company. The stall you're having must be so frustrating!! Hopefully it'll be a quick road downwards for a while once you get your whoosh, and it might give you a nice buffer once you're into the 190s :)

SarahFairhope
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Lishar - Glad you were able to get in the store sports bras. I'm also going through sports bras every 2 months, and I agree, too much change for $60/pop!

the shiv/thnknthin - Sorry about the stalls/gain. :(

bethFromDayton
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
That is great that you can buy the sports bras at regular stores. They just were so ineffective for me that they weren't worth buying--they weren't any better than my daily bra. I hope this one lasts more than a few months--it's not at its tightest band yet.

shiv, I don't want to say I'm not glad to hear from you--but I wish it wasn't here! I'm rooting for you as you head back down to where you were. Deciding what is least stressful is really hard--best of luck figuring out what is the best path for you at this point.

Lishar, .2 a day is 1.4/week, so you're headed in the right direction. The more precise scales just let us see those little changes the way the old ones didn't.

thnkthn1: There are those who say that cycling your calories a bit--more one day, lower the next, etc. can jog a stall loose. Let us know what you decide to do.

I'm wearing dress pants (instead of my usual jeans) to work tomorrow--since I have dress pants that fit and no jeans that fit!

the shiv
02-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Ah well... Started MFP today, if I want to go back to full IE I'll keep posting there, just with my weight/measurements. On the plus side, I ditched 3lbs of puffiness overnight so back to 201. I think I'll force myself to stay in this thread until I get past 196. I don't know how much truth is in the metabolic set point theory, but if I have one, it's there. Last time I got to 196 I bounced quite dramatically ;)

lunarsongbird
02-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Hooray! I'm a new-bee!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m66shiJv3z1qdfwcio1_500.jpg

Is anyone else nervous when coming to a new decade? I think.."Oh no...what if I gain like...5 pounds over night and I've jumped the gun? Maybe I should stay in my old decade for a week or two just to be safe."

thnknthin1
02-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi Lunar! I knew you would be here soon enough :)

Shiv I'm sorry to see you back in here but then again I'm glad to have you back, make sense? :)

As for me, I've been having around 1200-1400 calories per day lately to see if that will get the scale moving before I reduce my calories again. Maybe I was having too few calories. Many days I was taking in only 800-900 calories per day, it may have caught up with me. We shall see.

bethFromDayton
02-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Yay, lunarsongbird! Welcome!!!

I didn't have any problems moving myself here when I got below 220--I was at 219 for a couple of days and I moved myself happily!

I was 213.8 thos morning. I'm really enjoying getting used to the 21x thing--and it is going down.

Although it's not my posted mini-goal, I have a big weekend event March 22-24 and I'd really like to be at 210 by then (20 lbs down). My other big one is Memorial Day weekend (step-DD's wedding) and I'd like to be in ONEderland by then. But, since I don't really control that, I'm focusing on diet, exercise, and eating habits--I control those--and still daydream about the lower weight range...

SarahFairhope
02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
LUNAR!! Yay, glad youre here! Yeah, I totally get edgy in a new thread. Waiting for the scale to go HAHAHAHA! Gotacha!

But now worries. Youre ours now, mwahahahaha. But not for long Im sure. ;)

Elladorine
02-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I weighed in last night and had a gain. :p But I'm still under 220 :^: and following my downward trend nicely :carrot: so I'm feeling fine. :hat:

While I've repeated a lot of days in my C25K I'm not letting anything stop me. :running: Onward! :yes:

the shiv
02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi Lunarsongbird!! :D

Thnknthin, absolutely :) But hey, it gives me a chance to sort out switching up my approach... I think I'll need to do that every now and again ;)

lunarsongbird
03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome! I have a strong feeling that TOM will be arriving today and conduct funny business on the scale. I'm just going to keep up my water and moving forward.

I think March is a very exciting month. So much symbolism for new beginnings. It's a good month if anyone needs a reboot- and daylight savings time doesn't hurt. In less two weeks- you can start taking some leisurely walks outside after work! The sun will begin to set after 7 PM. Wonderful!

So what does everyone's weekend look like? DH is working the majority of it. So I will work on housework, getting my finances together, and planning meals for next week. This week I felt a little lost with meals.

bethFromDayton
03-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Up a little today to 214.4 (from 213.8) but that's okay--it's still a downward trend on the overall graph!

This is a cooking/baking weekend--it's going to be pretty hectic and I'll be doing lots of resisting. This is something I can do, though--just because I make it doesn't mean I have to eat it--and it definitely doesn't mean I have to eat it the way I used to.

CherryQuinn
03-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Been bloated last 4 days. Hopefully drops off soon. I expected as much after having a good week but I know itll disapear at some point.

lunarsongbird
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
beth- What are you cooking and baking this weekend? How often do you do cooking weekends?

CherryQuinn, I hear you on the bloating. :: sigh :: I'm convinced my uterus has a personal vendetta against me today.

I tried feeding my body a nice nourishing lunch- hoping it would settle down a bit- buffalo summer sausage, raw sharp cheddar, an organic apple and strawberry kombucha.

My consultant said that I'm not getting enough protein in during the day. She gave me a target of 180 grams and my butcher at the buffalo shop said that was crazy. So I'm in the process of researching the max protein I should be having a day- and that will be my target.

thnknthin1
03-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Finally back in the 204's today, 204.8 to be exact after upping my calories last week to break out of this stall I've been in for 3 weeks. My weight had gone up to 206.8 from increasing calories and now I'm hoping to get past my lowest of 203 and finally into Onederland!

bethFromDayton
03-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi all--

Up to do a morning workout before more cooking and baking. I'm up 2 lbs today (OUCH!) but I think it's primarily from the Chinese food we had yesterday. I ate too much :-(, but with that and the salt, I guess it's not surprising.

BFF and I are the Hospitality chairs of a big weekend event. We take care of all the food (5 meals, snacks, beverages) for a weekend long party held at a hotel. We're bring in food for one meal, but we make a large chunk of the rest of the food, and delegate some of the rest.

<skip this next part if you don't want to be tempted>
So, yesterday we made almost 20 dozen peanut butter cookies. We made an 11x15 pan of fudge. (I had 2 cookies and one piece of fudge--and that was IT--I didn't even lick a beater.) Today, we'll make a 12x18 pan of raspberry shortbread bars, cook 18 lbs of chicken, and prepare 20 cans of black beans with seasonings. If we have time, we'll make chocolate chip cookie muffins stuffed with Reese's miniatures. (I unwrapped 6.5 dozen of those things yesterday and didn't eat a single one.) If we don't have time, we'll make those and 4 batches of brownies on Monday.

We only do this once a year. This year is the first year I've done it while trying to lose weight, so I'm fighting a lot of temptation, but having trained the last two months to never eat standing up (including preparing food) really paid off yesterday!

After this weekend, we'll be done with food preparation and everything else is planning and shopping--many fewer temptations there!

SarahFairhope
03-03-2013, 10:50 AM
I tried feeding my body a nice nourishing lunch- hoping it would settle down a bit- buffalo summer sausage, raw sharp cheddar, an organic apple and strawberry kombucha.

My consultant said that I'm not getting enough protein in during the day. She gave me a target of 180 grams and my butcher at the buffalo shop said that was crazy. So I'm in the process of researching the max protein I should be having a day- and that will be my target.
180 grms?! Wow that does sound like a lot! Like, 7 egg whites at 810 calories gets you there. That takes up a lot of your plate!

This is a pretty good website with references at the bottom: http://www.livestrong.com/article/263525-daily-protein-intake-for-weight-loss/

Also, I'm not sure how your consultant works, but what % of your daily calories should come from protein?

bethFromDayton
03-03-2013, 03:44 PM

I'm calorie counting and I was told by a dietitian 81 grams of protein per day, and no more than 55% of my calories from carbs.

I don't know what type of plan you're following, though, so your consultant might have different macros in mind.

April Snow
03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
180 grams of protein sounds very high to me. I eat a lot of protein and even on my highest days, I'm in the 120s. I can't even imagine eating half again as much as that!

elvislover324
03-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Beth, I want to go be a taste-tester of all the food you and your BFF made, it all sounds amazing!! And YAY for you not being tempted, I'm so proud of you!! That took a lot of determination and willpower, I'm not sure I could have done it. Or maybe I could have, until the unwrapping of the Reese's, OMG!! Your water weight will come off, no worries. :) You must be exhausted at this point though.

Lunar, I looked at my protein numbers too and that seems really high. You might have to invest in some chickens, both for all the eggs and then all the chicken you will have to eat to get up that high! Is there a way you can email and confirm that number? We don't want you having a protein overdose!

I'm anxious for my weigh-in tomorrow as usual, I wish I could let go of the angst after all this time. I had great NSVs this week but mentally, I measure everything by the &**%$ scale. I ate more veggies this week than was on my plan (I read the paper wrong, ugh) plus I introduced fruit into my plan. I hadn't had fruit in over 6 months so that was a thrilling suprise. But 100 calories in a banana?? I never knew that it was that high in my whole life, I used to eat 1 or sometimes 2 everyday!

Hope you are having a nice Sunday. My husband had to work at 6am this morning and just got home a little while ago (on his day off even). Going to catch up on the threads and then try and close this laptop for the night. But I will be lurking via my phone, I can't help myself!! LOVE you guys!!

elvislover324
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Down 2lbs today, was hoping for more (I'm so greedy...). I think I have a mental block that's holding me back since I am getting so close to 199 (yes, 15lbs is close to me after where I started!).

I wonder if I should change my goal weight to a new lower number and maybe then the scale will just casually scroll on by 199 like it means nothing?

On a good note, I told someone today who thought I looked *so* skinny (??) that I had a good 50 more pounds to lose before I could really choose a weight to maintain. She looked at me like I had 5 heads, saying do you have 50 more to lose?? Made me feel good but alas yes, I do have 50+ more to go. Boo.

bethFromDayton
03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
I am up again today--3.4 lbs in 3 days. That is obviously not fat gain--and I've been 1000 calories under maintenance all three of those days. Very frustrating.

Today is our last baking day. For whatever reason, once they're in the freezer, I don't touch them again until we take them to our event. That was true even when I wasn't dieting. (My family doesn't touch them, either.)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

lunarsongbird
03-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback on protein. It does seem very high. Not dangerously high (from my research), but oddly high. It would require quite a bit of supplementing. And I don't necessarily want to do that.

It really goes against my idea of "normal" eating. I just want to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.

elvislover324
03-04-2013, 05:32 PM
It really goes against my idea of "normal" eating. I just want to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.

I don't think I will ever eat normal again in my life. I can't be trusted with myself. :(

Angihas2
03-04-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm totally stalking this thread.

April Snow
03-04-2013, 10:38 PM
I don't think I will ever eat normal again in my life. I can't be trusted with myself. :(

yeah, my "normal" is seemingly a weight gain diet and if I kept going, I'd be well over 300 lbs in the not too distant future, I'm sure.

But in a way, I do feel like I eat normally on my plan, in the sense that if I am hungry, I can eat. I have a different selection of foods to choose from, but I can never run out of calories or anything, and I never have to force myself not to eat. It is an interesting wake up call to see how much food I need to eat to be satisfied and how much more I ate just because it tasted good or I was bored or stressed out, etc.

(and yeah, I know, I'm not where near the teens but the people on this board are too interesting to not chat with you! :D)

Lishar
03-04-2013, 11:58 PM

That does seem a bit high. I have read you should eat around 1gm per lean body mass not total body mass. I have 134lbs of lean muscle mass. So I try and eat at least 100g of protein a day and try to get up to 130. I dont' always succeed. BUt 180 seems too high. What kind of consultant is this?

I gained weight over the weekend from not exercising and eating higher sodium foods. I did good drinking my water and flushed it out. Soo I am back to my low from last week. Fingers crossed I will see a loss in the morning.

I went to a beakfast buffet on Sunday. MY stomach has shrunk. I could not eat very much. I was so stuffed.

CherryQuinn
03-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Been bloated a week now. Went from over 5lbs bloated to 2-2.5 lbs bloated last couple of days. Its frustrating, I'm watching my sodium and my water in take to try and flush it out. I'm just so close to the 190s and it seems the last 2lbs to get to the 190s is going to be the hardest out of all the 133lbs ive lost.

bethFromDayton
03-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi all.

I'm up 5.2 pounds since Thursday--yes, 5.2 pounds in 5 days. I not only have not eaten an extra 3500 calories a day, I ate at a 1000 calorie deficit 3 of those days and a 500 calorie deficit the other 2. I'm sure that the reason I ate so much last night was because I feeling "wtf--if the scale is going up when I'm barely eating, what am I doing this for?"

Can that much be water retention and constipation? How else does one explain that much in such a short period of time? I didn't even gain like that taking a week long cruise where there's constant food!

I'm not really 'glad' to be back at work today after a super long weekend, but at least I am back on a schedule and plan--non-work days are harder to keep on track.

I don't want to change my ticker back to 219. That is so FRUSTRATING.

Lishar
03-05-2013, 12:27 PM
I am up today too. Mine is water weight. My rings are tighter too. I just need to continue to drink my water and keep on plan. It will come off just not fast enough. When I eat at home my sodium intake is much better. That is the plan of this week.

the shiv
03-05-2013, 12:27 PM
I gotta jump in on this. I'm hanging onto 199 for dear life, and just wanted to show you the fluctuations I had last month. I weigh in every morning, and here's how the past month of frustration looked:

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b540/skinnyshiv/DE091B85-AC8F-4427-B82F-0C5DA4AACBAA-12125-00001234B507DAD1_zpsb6868def.jpg

I have no idea if this is gonna help anyone, but to me this is what the Onederland Curse looks like :(

lunarsongbird
03-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Yup- 5 pounds can most definitely be water weight and waste. I did some math last Tuesday (because...you know, I hate those Tuesday weigh-ins). Water is incredibly heavy. And on a good day- I drink A LOT of water.

Only 2 cups of water, 16 ounces, weighs a pound! 64 ounces? 4.17 pounds. There are days where I can get over 100 ounces in. That's nearly 10 pounds in water. Thankfully I seem to flush most of it out.

Shiv- Onederland curse? OH noooez. I'm having enough trouble just getting into THIS and staying in! Sometimes are bodies are funny.

The consultant is through metabolic research center. Most of them are not trained nutritionists- so I usually do my own research and deep in my heart- I really feel that my body will tell me what/how to eat if I give it the proper tools (like not eating processed food, which I haven't done in over 2 months.)
So I'm just trying to focus on wellness and chugging forward.

thnknthin1
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Well I am back down to 203.8 today.....now I am hoping to get past that number seeing how I weighed 204 all of February.

Shiv I wish I had the Onederland curse :) You all left this thread without me, I have the two hundreds curse!

CherryQuinn
03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Im so frustrated with this bloat that Im honestly considering a water fast to jump start this

the shiv
03-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Man, did I post THAT wrong... Sorry :(

I have a onederland curse. I keep seesawing above and below 200. It is a right, royal pain in the ***!!

Maybe I just don't want to be thin. I kind of like being invisible.

CherryQuinn
03-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Man, did I post THAT wrong... Sorry :(

I have a onederland curse. I keep seesawing above and below 200. It is a right, royal pain in the ***!!

Maybe I just don't want to be thin. I kind of like being invisible.

I'm at the borderline to onederland and can't pass it. I'm starting to think 195-205 is like the worse weight to be. I'm gonna up my calories today like I did yesterday and drop them back tomorrow and if saturday I'm still bloated I will start a water fast for a bit to break through. I'm desperate now. I've tried everything else.

elvislover324
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
I had great losses for a few weeks (over 3lbs each!) and then dropped to 1.8 and 2.0 the past 2 weeks. I know those are still good losses but I have a feeling stress is holding me back.

I think I was getting obsessed and nervous approaching 199 (even though I'm 15lbs away, it's the closest I have been in a very long time).

I decided to change my ticker to a new goal and hopefully my brain will forget that 199 is my dream and we can concentrate on the 175.

I don't know why I play these games with myself. And I don't know why these last 15 to 199 seem so much harder than all of the pounds I already lost.

lunarsongbird
03-06-2013, 10:41 AM
It seems like nearly everyone has a pretty nice established set point when approaching onederland, especially if you haven't seen anything below 200 in quite sometime. My consultant and I were talking about that yesterday.

Elvis, I too have been thinking about my numbers lately. I've been trying to put things back into perspective, but when I'm only losing a pound or two or maintaining, my brain thinks, "NOT good enough. You can do better!" But I'm trying to get it to silence. Any movement in the right direction is perfection. Besides- this has never been about the loss for me, as much as the health and getting prepared to have a baby. So I try to focus on the big picture, but it's hard. -_- Especially since I feel like I lose an entire week every month to TOM.

elvislover324
03-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Elvis, I too have been thinking about my numbers lately. I've been trying to put things back into perspective, but when I'm only losing a pound or two or maintaining, my brain thinks, "NOT good enough. You can do better!" But I'm trying to get it to silence. Any movement in the right direction is perfection. Besides- this has never been about the loss for me, as much as the health and getting prepared to have a baby. So I try to focus on the big picture, but it's hard. -_- Especially since I feel like I lose an entire week every month to TOM.

Where is the on/off button to our brain?! I want to shut it off for about 3 months. I'm obsessed with this whole weightloss thing lately (more than usual). Running numbers at all times of the day, like it's in my control.

I don't have to worry about the TOM because of my medicine but I swear stress is worse than anything else! And the more I try not to stress, the worse it's getting. The fact that I weigh 214 makes me giddy beyond belief, the fact that I tried on a summer outfit last night and it fit now (!!) makes me even giddier, the fact that someone told me this week there is no way I can lose 50lbs more secretly made me dance inside (but yes, I do have 50+ to lose). But it seems that I keep putting those on the back burner and keep getting sad that I am "only" at 214. Why??? IDK. I think I should go put on a pretty outfit and rock my own world today with hair and makeup and jewelry. All dressed up and nowhere to go!

thnknthin1
03-06-2013, 11:13 AM
203.0 this morning! I think my stall may be over. Hoping to see 202's on the scale tomorrow! I'm getting so nervous about reaching 199, scared I will stall out again or will keep bouncing back up. I have consistently been going down the past 5-6 days, so anxious to see that elusive "1" on the scale. :)

Angihas2
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
*knockknock*

Almost here!! WI 221.6 this morning! I can't wait to be here again!! Hopefully I won't struggle as much through the 2teens as I did in the 220's.

Elvis - girl! Go get dressed up, pretty make up, hair and admire how far you have come. Your journey has been amazing!

elvislover324
03-06-2013, 11:26 AM
*knockknock*

Almost here!! WI 221.6 this morning! I can't wait to be here again!! Hopefully I won't struggle as much through the 2teens as I did in the 220's.

Elvis - girl! Go get dressed up, pretty make up, hair and admire how far you have come. Your journey has been amazing!

Can't wait til you are here, angihas2!! These 2-teens are killing me!! I hope they are nicer to you!

Aw, thank you. :) I think I might. I got dressed up yesterday (just a jean skirt and sweater but that's fancy for me these days lol). My husband got home from work and asked if we had somewhere to go!! Usually he comes home to me in my workout clothes! He never complains but I was in the mood to ooomph it up. I guess I need it today too!

bethFromDayton
03-06-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm excited for you, thnknthin1!

I'm at 217.2 this morning--up from my low of 213.8 and down from yesterday's return to to 219.0. I'm told that restaurant Asian food can add 5 lbs overnight--and two meals of it sure seem to have done that to me!

I'm home for a snow day today so my regular exercise (walking laps of the building with a coworker) isn't going to happen today. I'll take a mid-afternoon break and go do a workout DVD in the basement.

I'm awfully glad that I'm done with the baking and cooking for our event in two weeks. I will have a lot of work to do to get ready, and lots of it involves buying food, but it doesn't require making food, which is way more tempting!

I'm working at home today--it's a snow day and they closed the entire facility where I work. I think we only got about 4" of snow so I have no idea why.

thnknthin1
03-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks Beth!

I'm inching closer and closer.....202.4 this morning. The closer I get the more nervous I get it's going to stall out. Paranoid right? I guess from staying at 204 all of February made me that way. Can't wait to see 1 on the scale....been years!

Shiv hold that thread open :)

elvislover324
03-07-2013, 10:00 AM
I just walked on my treadmill for 45 minutes, already did an hour on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It seems to be helping with my anxiety but any weeks I exercise a lot (and an hour a day is a lot for me), the scale punishes me so bad. Weeks that I exercise a half hour a day seem to pay off great but that doesn't seem enough to me. Who ever thought I'd want to exercise more?:woops:

I'm so excited that MFP is going to tell me soon that in 5 weeks I will be in the 199s. :goodscale Right now depending on my calories for the day it goes anywhere from 201-203. It makes me sad that it's going to be 5 more weeks but at this point, I can wait (plus I have no other choice!).

Hope you are all having a good day, ladies!:grouphug:

lunarsongbird
03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I have my official WI tomorrow (a day early, because I work Saturday)- so I'm really hoping to OFFICIALLY be in the Two-teens. What do you call the single digits after two-teens? twos-screw you-I'm never coming back?

I think I had too much sodium yesterday. I'm going to check the scale and then start hitting the water.

bethFromDayton
03-07-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm dropping off that 5.2 lb gain--down another 1.2 today. It looks like it's going to take me a week to recover--I'm never eating Chinese again :-).

Back at work today--we keep making our walk a little longer (an extra hallway stuck in there) to keep in at the right length of time. I'd double if it my boss wouldn't start complaining that I ought to be working :-).

I'm not restricting as much as you are, elvislover, so MFP is still telling me 206-208 in 5 weeks.

Last night, I didn't feel like cooking dinner. However, dinner was all planned out, so I just followed my plan--and enjoyed my dinner just fine.

I keep telling myself this is a long path...and we're making progress on it!

SarahFairhope
03-07-2013, 11:49 AM
beth - Chinese food does that to me too. D@mn that tasty eastern cuisine! Glad to hear is shaking off. ;)

thnknthin1
03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I have my official WI tomorrow (a day early, because I work Saturday)- so I'm really hoping to OFFICIALLY be in the Two-teens. What do you call the single digits have two-teens? twos-screw you-I'm never coming back?

I think I had too much sodium yesterday. I'm going to check the scale and then start hitting the water.

Yay Lunar! Nice seeing you here. I like that name for the single digits....because I plan on never seeing them again!

thnknthin1
03-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Getting closer.......201.8 this morning :carrot:

elvislover324
03-08-2013, 08:25 AM
What do you call the single digits after two-teens? twos-screw you-I'm never coming back?

I just literally spit out my coffee laughing at this! :rofl:

bethFromDayton
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm re-losing that quick 5 lb gain--I'm down to 215 this morning (213.8 was as low as I was before I went back to 219 so quickly).

I think I'm going to shop for jeans this weekend. I'll just buy 2 pairs if I can find some, but I need to have just a couple of pairs that fit properly. I have dressier pants that fit and all the tops,jackets, and sweaters still work. I don't want to buy too much, but I know I'll feel better in proper fitting jeans. (And I wear jeans to work most days--I guess I could switch back to dress pants--but don't wanna!)

I'm having toe surgery in a few weeks--I'm worried about continuing weight loss with almost no movement--I'll be off my feet as much as possible for 6-8 weeks. I don't even know how soon I'll be allowed to do upper body exercise (or when I'll be up to it).

I'll be doing more cooking this weekend--but for us. I'd like to have some frozen meals in the freezer to make things easier for DH when I'm not able to be on my feet and cook.

Have a great day everyone.

lunarsongbird
03-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Greek yogurt mixed with Jason's chocolate almond butter. Oh...my...goodness. I have been in heaven for the last couple of days. I had no idea that eating healthy could be so indulgent.
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/images/Product/medium/110211.jpg
And the ingredients? Dry Roasted Almonds, Organic Evaporated Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Natural Vanilla, Sea Salt.

I'm in heeeaaavveeeennnnnn.

Official WI today! I'm hoping to officially be here now. Up until now I have obviously been a figment of your imagination. ;)

fattymcfatty
03-08-2013, 11:20 AM
204 this morning. This spot is fun since for my height I lose the "obese" title in two more lbs, then another 3 and I'm in onderland!

CherryQuinn
03-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Just an update I guess. Still bloated 3-4lbs. I don't know how to get it off. Went to the doctor and I have a list of health problems. I need to get down to 125-135lbs to solve a lot of them. Also have a rib cartillage condition which means I cant lift or exercise much, probably forever. So fun times. I really hope this bloat breaks I need to lose at least 10lbs before my surgery, well I suppose I don't have to, but the doctor said even a small bit like 10lbs would be better than the weight I am now.

Mozzy
03-08-2013, 09:18 PM
201-- get me the h*ll out of the 200's

merilung
03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Lunar - girl, you HAVE to try raw cacao powder and raw almond butter mixed together if you like the chocolate nut butters. Seriously, it gives me like a food induced orgasm and has no added sugar!

Skinnygirldreams
03-08-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm gonna join you girls I started end of jan at 209 I'm currently 203.6 after a small set back of 2 weeks. Back in the grind and hope to be out of the 200s on just a week or two. Keeping my fingers crossed.. Legs moving... And mouth closed! Jk bout the mouth part but I've come back to keeping my food diary it helps me stay accountable, good luck everyone keep up the hard work!

Elladorine
03-09-2013, 01:00 AM
I gained half a pound for the week . . . two teeny gains in a row but I'm still well under 220, whew! I'm so hoping the scale will go the right direction next Wednesday.

Skinnygirldreams
03-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Ella I hear ya on the small gains. I had a pound and a half gain since around valentines day. So here is to both of us leaping forward towards our goal!

dcapulet
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
210.1 :)

thnknthin1
03-09-2013, 12:16 PM
201.6 this morning.....I'm with ya Mozzy get me the "H" out of here! :)

bethFromDayton
03-11-2013, 12:26 AM
I know some of you (thnknthin1, mozzy) are chomping at the bit to get out of the 20x decade. I, on the other hand, want to get to the 20x decade!

It took me a week to recover from two Chinese meals out--and I was down to 213.0 this morning. That's 17 lbs, although I can't really count 213 until I hit 212.8--at least, that's my theory.

I have my meals planned out for next week, the grocery list updated for tomorrow's shopping trip after work, and I'm ready to have a great OP week!

Take care, all.

thnknthin1
03-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Heck yeah I'm chomping at the bit! Weighed in at 201.2 this morning, getting closer :carrot:
This has been a long time coming....started this journey a year ago. Can't wait to see that 1 on the scale, getting very excited and nervous all at the same time. I stalled out at 204-206 all of February and I think the scale is finally budging once again. February was definitely a testament to my dedication to stick with this.
I will definitely be doing the happy dance when I get to 199, it's all downhill from there :)

Angihas2
03-11-2013, 11:13 AM
220.6 this morning. It's my official weigh in day but I'm chomping at the bit to get into the 2teens!!!

lunarsongbird
03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I had a bit of a wild weekend. I went to a birthday party my MIL was throwing- and she's such a fabulous cook! And then yesterday, DH and I went out for some beers and carbs! Yet I still managed to stay in the two-teens, so I must solidly have my feet here. Awesome. Great feeling.

Here is a picture from November and then last Friday:
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpsxLFm7AM_zpsf3be1ecd.jpg

I'm down 25 pounds. I will take it!!

bethFromDayton
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
212.4 this morning, so I guess 213 might actually be real, meaning I've lost 17 lbs. I have a bunch of mini-goals in my head: 210 because it's a round number, 209 because it's a new "decade", and 207 because it's 10% of my body weight lost. (Ticker shows the last one)

I put two darts in a pair of jeans yesterday--they're much more comfortable to wear now. It only took me about 10 minutes--I don't know why it took me so long to get around to it when I've been talking about it for weeks. My jeans are all "big 20s" and my "ordinary 18s" don't fit yet, but the "big 20s" are too big. I don't want to buy any more if I can get these to fit well enough to keep wearing, and the darts make them comfortable and they fit much better. Before they were falling down on my hips and I was stepping on the bottoms since they were then too long. (This is a problem I'm happy to have, even if I don't want to spend the money on pants right now.)

I had an appointment this morning so I got to work late. I usually take a 19-20 minute walk with a coworker every morning and afternoon. I missed he morning one, but we took one 19 and one 11 this afternoon, so I'm still at my goal of 30 minutes/day.

Hey--I'm down to where the 2-teens aren't even teens anymore! Wowza!

:carrot:

Not that I want to kick anyone out of here, but thnkthn1 and mozzy--I want you to leave! :devil: Angihas2 will have to show up and keep lunarsong, skinnygirljeans, dcapulet, elvislover, me and everyone else company! :dizzy:

elvislover324
03-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Lol @ kicking out, Beth!! We need them to move on to the 190s and keep the seats warm for us with their skinny little butts!!

Everyone is doing so awesome here, we have awesome girlpower to keep us all on track.

Angihas2, hurry up and get here!! You are going to love this thread, just don't plan on staying too long!

I was down 2.2lbs today, a small loss for the 3rd week in a row. I am extremely stressed out and worrying about my weight is just holding me back, I just know it in my heart. I am amping up my exercise this week and see if I can walk fast and long enough to have the pounds fly away in the wind!

Hope you are all having a nice Monday.

fattymcfatty
03-11-2013, 06:26 PM
203 yesterday. I'm obese by a pound. Can't wait till I'm just overweight by a pound or so...

MadCowOnTheMend
03-11-2013, 08:57 PM
lunarsongbird- You have such a beautiful, natural shape!!! You look fantastic!!!

Sooo... what is onederland? Being in the 100s instead of 200s?

ladyfyre
03-11-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm new on this thread. I keep fluctuating between 216 and 214. I haven't been under 214 in at least 6 years. I can't wait to get under 200, it has been so long.

Xaria
03-12-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm also new to this thread. Hello everyone! :D

210.5 this morning. I'm so excited to nearly be out of the two-teens and so close to Onderland. So close I can taste it. This weight loss journey has been a long one for me. I never seem to be able to get under 205 before my weight balloons back up to the 220's. My body seems to like it there, but not so much my head!

The last time I saw a number that started with a 1 was probably ten years ago. I can't believe it's been that long! I hope to see it again *soon*.

elvislover324
03-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the newbies! You are going to love this group, except none of us plan on hanging around here long. :)

CherryQuinn
03-12-2013, 10:47 AM
201.8 today. I figure I am still 2 lbs bloated. Its taking a long time to get the bloat off. This last 2 lbs til the 190s will be the hardest ive ever done

bethFromDayton
03-12-2013, 11:07 AM
:devil: Cherry, you're on the list of people I think should leave this thread, already! You're almost there--I'm rooting for you!!!!

I'm at 213 this morning, so I'm going to move my ticker. (Three days: 213.0, 212.4, 213.0) And I'm a bit bloated :-( so I'm sure I'm really down to 213.

Tonight is a Chinese buffet--I'm working on my mindset--one plate of food only. That's it--one plate of food--no seconds. A big glass of water before going to the buffet at all. One egg roll. One crab ragoon. Visualize 1/3 cup of friend rice and maybe a 1/3 cup of low mein noddles. Be a bit more generous with garlic chicken or beef with veggies. One piece of sesame chicken. That's it. That's a whole meal. That's plenty of food. Maybe even more than plenty. No seconds. One trip to the buffet. I have a plan. A second glass of water while eating my single plateful. Another afterwards if I need it to not get more. I will be satisfied with that much food.

Looking at it like that, it's a huge amount of food--much more than I've been eating for dinner and feeling quite satisfied with. I can do this!

Think moderation thoughts at me, everyone!

thnknthin1
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Can someone please give me a swift kick out of here? :) I'm still holding at 201.2 this morning. I think I've been in this thread the longest now, I have officially taken up residence. As for my ticker.....I'm not moving that sucker till it reads 199! :D

thnknthin1
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
:devil: Cherry, you're on the list of people I think should leave this thread, already! You're almost there--I'm rooting for you!!!!

I'm at 213 this morning, so I'm going to move my ticker. (Three days: 213.0, 212.4, 213.0) And I'm a bit bloated :-( so I'm sure I'm really down to 213.

Tonight is a Chinese buffet--I'm working on my mindset--one plate of food only. That's it--one plate of food--no seconds. A big glass of water before going to the buffet at all. One egg roll. One crab ragoon. Visualize 1/3 cup of friend rice and maybe a 1/3 cup of low mein noddles. Be a bit more generous with garlic chicken or beef with veggies. One piece of sesame chicken. That's it. That's a whole meal. That's plenty of food. Maybe even more than plenty. No seconds. One trip to the buffet. I have a plan. A second glass of water while eating my single plateful. Another afterwards if I need it to not get more. I will be satisfied with that much food.

Looking at it like that, it's a huge amount of food--much more than I've been eating for dinner and feeling quite satisfied with. I can do this!

Think moderation thoughts at me, everyone!

Mmmmm Chinese buffet. You're braver than me Beth, I don't trust myself at a Chinese buffet. It is one of my great weaknesses, love it love it love it! I'll be sending good vibes your way for moderation :)

bethFromDayton
03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Mmmmm Chinese buffet. You're braver than me Beth, I don't trust myself at a Chinese buffet. It is one of my great weaknesses, love it love it love it! I'll be sending good vibes your way for moderation :)

If it wasn't a group event, I wouldn't be going. When we want to go out to dinner lately, I always choose Applebee's because of their under 550 menu. I know I'm capable of overeating there, which is why I shared my plan here--I knew everyone would understand the need to psych myself up with a plan and an approach before I even got there!

BTW, here's a huge kick to get you out of here! You are so close--you can do it! You've done amazingly already and you can keep doing it!

elvislover324
03-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Can someone please give me a swift kick out of here? :) I'm still holding at 201.2 this morning. I think I've been in this thread the longest now, I have officially taken up residence. As for my ticker.....I'm not moving that sucker till it reads 199! :D

:kickbutt: Here you go! Hope this helps, even though we will miss you!

mygirlvj
03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Hello all, hoping to join you soon. Scale flashed at 219.2 this morning (keyword flashed). I'll give it a few more days because nothing would be worse than coming here and having to go back. :)

Xaria
03-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone and thank you for welcoming me. I too hope that my stay here is a short one!

My weight is wobbling between 210 and 211, which I expect for a few days. As long as it doesn't go above that, I'm okay for now.

I hope you all have another great day!

bethFromDayton
03-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Chinese buffet night was not a success. However, even after entering everything into MFP, it showed me just under maintenance level, so at least I didn't go over that. No more buffets until I'm stronger.

Still at 213.0 this morning.

CherryQuinn
03-13-2013, 09:41 AM
200.6 this morning. Figure I'm only a lb bloated now. Hoping to see 199 very soon but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

thnknthin1
03-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Cherry we can do it girl! I'm right there with ya......200.4 this morning. Come on let's race to Onederland! This has been a long time coming! :carrot:

bethFromDayton
03-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Cherry we can do it girl! I'm right there with ya......200.4 this morning. Come on let's race to Onederland! This has been a long time coming! :carrot:

And they're coming down the track--Cherry and thnknthn1--they're neck and neck, folks, as they head towards the line. Will one pull ahead, will they cross together?

My money is on one being down .6 and the other .8. Let's hear it for the racers!

thnknthin1
03-13-2013, 11:23 AM
And they're coming down the track--Cherry and thnknthn1--they're neck and neck, folks, as they head towards the line. Will one pull ahead, will they cross together?

My money is on one being down .6 and the other .8. Let's hear it for the racers!

Beth :rofl:

lunarsongbird
03-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Haha....That made me giggle. You ladies make me smile.

Well- my scale is finally going back in the correct direction. I don't know what that was about. I guess my body seriously and utterly hates wheat. :: sigh :: Oh well. I weighed in with a consultant I dislike. It also seems that I only see her when the scale is up. -_-

She wants me to pretend that beef and pork don't exist for a couple of weeks. I suppose that could work for some people, but that doesn't feel right to me. I'm learning to make healthier choices- and for me- healthy choices include grass fed beef and pastured pork.

I know for many people this is purely a diet...then they will go to maintenance and make different choices- eat different things. But I'm not on a diet. I'm living my life and loving it. I'm becoming more active. Oh- I signed up for a 5K for this Saturday:
http://www.csgrandprix.com/stpat/2007.jpg
And I'm fueling my body with super awesome food... (usually)...and my body will find it's happy weight. I will do everything I can to give my body everything it needs to get there, but avoiding my one serving of beef and pork a week isn't going to change much.

I suppose it's just interesting how people view what a weight loss journey should look like. And goodness knows our bodies aren't all the same, but some of the consultants at my center seem to think so.

CherryQuinn
03-13-2013, 01:15 PM
@Lunarsong. Id say do what feels right for your body. I unfortunately can't eat meat that isn't fish or chicken, but they can be a apart of a very healthy diet. I don't eat tres healthy but I guess its healthier than most. I cook all my meals with the occasional rice krispie square or baked potato chip snack , I don't eat out unless its a rare cheat day. I definetly eat too many carbs but I'm all northern euro descent and I already can't eat most meats don't ask me to live on fruits and veggies alone haha..id just fall off the wagon and eat all the sausages in town mmmm sausages. Bratwurst my dear dear bratwurst *plays tiny violin*. The way I eat now is probably the way I will always eat cause I view this as my lifestyle change too.

CherryQuinn
03-13-2013, 06:32 PM
i'll probably be at 200 for a while. i'm rebloating. everytime i get close i gain 3-5lbs of bloat. so itll be at least a few days up to a few weeks before i see 199.

fattymcfatty
03-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Rooting for you, Cherry!

NorthernChick13
03-13-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm following you, Cherry! You're so close! I am so excited :D I am so excited for EVERYONE, but today, I am excited for Cherry :)

thnknthin1
03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Cherry I expect to be up tomorrow. Went to see my parents today and of course we always eat when we get together, everything we do involves food somehow. So, we went out to eat, I made decent choices but know it was full of sodium. I'll be bloated with ya!

Angihas2
03-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Day 3 sitting in the 220 range. UGH!!! Ms Cherry and thnkthn, will you please move on into the 190's so I can move in? Pleasepleasepleaseplease?!?!?!

bethFromDayton
03-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Angihas2, as soon as you get down here, there won't be ruum for Cherry and thnknthn anymore, and they'll [have] to move. (While you're at it, then, bring more of the 220s and 230s crowd to move the rest of us along)

thnknthin1
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
I am trying but my scale just doesn't want to let go of that darn 2. I'm 200.0 this morning. I always weigh with my nightshirt on.....it was very tempting to weigh without this morning but knew I'd only be fooling myself :)

CherryQuinn
03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
oh god thnknthin1 thats just a cruel scale. I'm still 200.6. Hoping the bloat disapears within a few days

Elladorine
03-14-2013, 12:12 PM
I could feel TOM creeping up on me and figured I'd have another unhappy weigh-in at my meeting last night, but nope! I'm down over 2 pounds, getting me back on track with my one-pound-lost-per-week average. I'm at 216 now! And TOM hit full-force this morning so I'm hoping the scale looks extra good next week. :lol:

I'm in love with how the rainbow weight chart in my signature is shooting down, down, down . . . since the past month or so each new low is uncharted territory. :woohoo:

lunarsongbird
03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Ella, I like your chart too! Maybe I will do one for Spring. My March would look all sorts of crazy...down down UP UP UP down down down.

I'm comfortably at 217.2 this morning. I don't want to get TOO comfortable in the two-teens, but I am happy that I'm here. I'm thinking I don't want to set anymore monthly/seasonal goals. I just want to focus on being a healthier version of myself and maintain healthy habits. I realized that I'm not going to hit my "goal" for March, yet I'm not disappointed with this month- I'm still marching in the right direction- and that should be a win.

bethFromDayton
03-14-2013, 01:25 PM
I was 211.6 this morning--now I'm getting antsy to hit the 20x point. I've set my next mini-goal as 207, which is 10% of my body weight lost.

thnknthin--you are almost there. Down, scale, down! Cherry, I'm wishing your bloat away.

Does anyone besides me daydream about what weight you'll be at a certain date in the future? I haven't set time-based goals for weight loss--I have mini-goals in mind, but haven't said "I want to get to 207 by THIS date."

However, I find myself dreaming about what weight I can get to by DD the older's wedding, or our July vacation, or my nephew's bar mitvah (August). I pretty much stop there, except for 'the end of the year' concept.

I haven't written any of those down, but they go through my head all the time.

Mozzy
03-15-2013, 02:30 AM
Well I did it, I broke 200. See you guys on the next thread :-)

Angihas2
03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Congrats Mozzy!!!!

And thanks for making room!! 219.4 this morning! I made it!

Xaria
03-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Congrats Mozzy!

I'm 209 this morning. Getting closer!

bethFromDayton
03-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Yay Mozzy! I'll see you on other threads and MFP--but I'm so glad you're in ONEderland!

Welcome Angihas2! New decades are awesome!

I was at 210.2 this morning--down over a pound from yesterday, but I have no idea how that happened :-). I did drink more water than usual. Even while telling myself not to focus on time, I did want to be down 20 lbs by our big March event, which is next weekend. I'll see a bunch of people I haven't seen since New Year's and more I haven't seen since early December. And I'm down 20 lbs!!!! (okay, 19.2, but I was using a less precise scale when I started this.)

And YAY to Xaria for breaking into the 20x decade!

thnknthin1
03-15-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm moving on with Mozzy, drumroll please.......199.6 this morning!! :carrot: It took me 1 year and 2 months to get here but I'm finally here in Onederland. Can't believe I made it, seemed so far, far away when I first started. When I began this in January of 2012 I didn't even think about reaching goal because that was too intimidating/discouraging because it was too far off, so this whole time I've been concentrating on getting under 200. Now I can set my sights on my goal now and take it 1lb at a time. Thank you all for the encouragement you have given me!! :hug:

bethFromDayton
03-15-2013, 10:16 AM
thnknthin1--when I saw you were the most recent posts in the thread, I anxiously scrolled to your post and got the news I was hoping you'd be able to post!!!!!

I'm so excited for you! You've lost 80 pounds--that is just an incredible amount. That's 28% of your initial body weight--they say it only takes 5-10% to make an improvement in your health--you've done wonderful things for yourself!

Congratulations!

CherryQuinn
03-15-2013, 10:41 AM
congrats mozzy and thnknthin. im 200.4 today. its the week before my period so i expect to lose the water weight next week when it hits.

lunarsongbird
03-15-2013, 10:47 AM
WOOHOOO!!!! What an exciting day for everyone! It's so inspiring and makes me feel SOOOO good inside to see other people reach their goals!!
http://blog.3dcart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/yay.jpg

Mozzy and thnknthin- SO SO excited for you!!

Ang- I'm so happy you are here! I logged on today just to see if you made it! (And I also because I promised myself I'd log on everyday.)

Beth, Sometimes I will daydream about a weight. However, yesterday DH told me that MIL wants to take us on a Germany river cruise during the holidays to see the Christmas markets. OOOOHHH MYYYYYY! HOLLLLLY COW! HEAD EXPLODED SO EXCITED!!!

I could definitely be in a normal BMI at that time and have an entirely new wardrobe and fit in that stupid airline seat SOOOO much better!! I've never been abroad. This is BLOWING MY MIND.

So yes...day dreaming in full gear. Motivation even stronger.
In heaven.

Xaria- Is that a new decade for you?! WONDERFUL!!

This thread is on FIRE today!!

thnknthin1
03-15-2013, 10:48 AM
thnknthin1--when I saw you were the most recent posts in the thread, I anxiously scrolled to your post and got the news I was hoping you'd be able to post!!!!!

I'm so excited for you! You've lost 80 pounds--that is just an incredible amount. That's 28% of your initial body weight--they say it only takes 5-10% to make an improvement in your health--you've done wonderful things for yourself!

Congratulations!

Awww.....thanks Beth :hug:

thnknthin1
03-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks Cherry and Lunar :)
I've been in this thread for about two months.....as glad as I am to move on I will miss everyone. :grouphug:

thnknthin1
03-15-2013, 11:09 AM
I had to snap a pic this morning of the scale ;)

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/thnkthin/45e0cefc-4fe2-464d-8fa9-442feb41969d_zpsdeb8b2e5.jpg

CherryQuinn
03-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm gonna have to do that when I see it too, thats a good idea. :)

elvislover324
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Yay Mozzy and Thnknthn!!! Save some seats for us over there!!! So happy for you!!

Welcome, Angihas2!!! I knew you could do it, so happy you are here!!!

Congrats Beth, 20lbs is the biggest hurdle to get through and you did it, yayyy!!!! And I certainly do dream about different weights, I just can't picture myself in them. But I also couldn't picture myself as heavy when I was in the 300s. It's so weird, I really don't feel "that" different now that I am 100+lbs lighter. I mean, I move faster and easier but I don't think I take up that much less space. Even though I certainly do. It's weird. And..today I am dreaming about 160. That would be a miracle. I'd be like a stick figure!

Yayy Xaria, so happy you made it to the 2-oh numbers, I am praying for that on Monday!!!

Cherryquinn, I give you so much credit for hanging in there with a positive attitude. That 200 mark is really starting to push my buttons for you!!

Lunar, seriously, German river cruise?! I wish my in-laws were fun like that. But then I think I couldn't spend more than a day with them or I'd be jumping overboard. Sounds amazing, I want to go with YOU!!!

Hope everyone is having a Happy Friday!!

elvislover324
03-15-2013, 11:52 AM
I just looked up to see when I joined the 2-teens. It was 2/18. I feel like I have been in here for like 10 months. It's been 3 1/2 weeks. What is wrong with me?

thnknthin1
03-15-2013, 06:53 PM
I just looked up to see when I joined the 2-teens. It was 2/18. I feel like I have been in here for like 10 months. It's been 3 1/2 weeks. What is wrong with me?

Elvis - there is absolutely nothing wrong with you! I had to go back and find when I started in this thread....it has been so long I was in the thread prior to this one, which was 2 months ago. I told my DH that this decade has been the hardest of all the decades since starting this last year, I don't know why but it was. I'm one sodium packed meal from being back in here :)
Hang in there, you're doing great :hug:

elvislover324
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Thank you, thnknthn. No salt for you!!

I wish this was like gradeschool, may I please skip a grade?? :D

CherryQuinn
03-16-2013, 10:21 AM
200.2 :P its going down .2 everyday. I'm just waiting for my TOM in 3-4 days then I will probably drop down to like 197 or 198 lol

immaculate
03-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone! I weighed in at 219.4 this morning, so I'm hoping it's okay that I join you here! I'm extra excited about this because I'm down 20 pounds from my starting weight and halfway to onderland!

dcapulet
03-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Moved down to 208.8 today - every little bit counts!

elvislover324
03-16-2013, 12:53 PM
I was just thinking...might need a pedicure for my 199 scale photo-op!! OMG can't wait!!

bethFromDayton
03-16-2013, 02:40 PM
210 even this morning. DS is coming over this afternoon--I haven't seen him in a while, so I hope he notices! DH says my waist looks thinner and he sees a difference in my face.

I'm even going to update my ticker today.

CherryQuinn
03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
199.8 . Just barely there but Its a 1 and not a 2. *packs bags and hugs everyone* I'll save you guys seats in the next threads.

bethFromDayton
03-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Way to go, Cherry! I'm so thrilled for you!

elvislover324
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
199.8 . Just barely there but Its a 1 and not a 2. *packs bags and hugs everyone* I'll save you guys seats in the next threads.

:carrot::dance::dancer::flow2::hat::cp::bravo:
:cheer3::cheer2::woohoo::congrat:

CherryQuinn
03-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys :)

lunarsongbird
03-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Hooray! There is so much movement in this thread! It's just great!!! WOOHOO!
Congrats Cherry!!

Welcome, Immaculate!!

SweetAsCanBe
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
I made it to the two-teens!!! I stepped on the scale this morning and it's hanging out between 218& 219. I haven't been here in probably 5 years. So excited!! Just the motivation I needed to keep myself on track with my husband (who likes to pig out) home on a 3 day weekend.

Eta: Cherry, I just saw your ticker at the top....WOW!!! You have done an amazing job!!

Lishar
03-17-2013, 03:19 PM

Woohoo Congrats.

I am starting to lose again. I have broken another plateau AGAIN. hopefully this is will last for awhile. Fingers crossed. I lost 2lbs since yesterday. I had to rezero and reweigh because I did not belive it at first.

immaculate
03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Congrats, Cherry!

side salad
03-17-2013, 09:47 PM
i'm in the 2teens! woop haven't seen the 2teens since i was in my mid teens. i'm even wearing jeans that still had the tags on this morning, which i bought when i was 16, but didn't fit and i couldn't bear to throw. glad i didn't! :D

Xaria
03-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Congrats Cherry!!!

207.5 this morning. I am officially in a strange new world, as I haven't been this weight in ten years. At least. The lowest I got was 207.6 for a second two years ago.

I'm super excited!

bethFromDayton
03-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Lots of people posting this morning. We all need to hurry and get to ONEderland before cherry and thnknthn2 fly out of the next decade!

I was 209.8 this morning--nice to see that "0" as the middle number! I have a big event this weekend and I wanted to be at 210 (down 20 lbs) before it--and I've made it!!!

Xaria, SweetAsCanBe, and side_salad--awesome to get down to weights not seen in years. We all can do this!

Angihas2
03-18-2013, 09:15 AM
218.4 this morning with TOM in full force. I'm kind if excited. I didn't have any of my normal salty sweet cravings. I did crave protein, so I factored in some extra protein servings. Here's the results: very mild bloat, no cramping, no acne, no backache and no wild mood swings. My weight swung up a single pound then right back down. Maybe pms and its associated problems can be diet controlled

lunarsongbird
03-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Ang, I always notice that my diet and PMS symptoms are correlated. I'm pleased that you are settling into the two-teens well. :)

Sweetascanbe, Welcome, welcome!

Lishar, How long was your last plateau? I'm glad to see that you are moving again.

side salad, How exciting! I wish I had a secret stash of clothes in my closet. Hardly anything I own fits anymore. I know that's a nice problem to have, but I feel frumpy.

Xaria, I like your Avatar picture. New territory! Very exciting!! What happened in your life that made you turn around two years ago?

beth, It's interesting how people seem to move at the same time. It reminds me of shells coming to the shore on a wave for some reason.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpDgQjQMAM_zpsd8e669f4.jpg

I wish that I could be arriving in new territory, but most of my weight gain took place in my not so distant past. I made the above picture for a doctor before I moved to Colorado. I felt like I was barely functioning in life. I was giving myself a "D." I was emotional. VERY emotional. And ever since I had been diagnosed with an ovarian tumor- I'd been gaining about 30 pounds a year without any change in diet or exercise.

I'm in such a better place now. I guess that is uncharted territory. I feel like I have good energy and I've moved past my emotional outbursts. For my weight, I think uncharted territory will be around 175- this is a weight my body is very comfortable at maintaining.

Hm...this seems like an interesting thread topic. Posting new thread now!

SarahFairhope
03-18-2013, 10:53 AM

YES!!!

I was away for a bit and am VERY excited to see your news, Cherry. :)

elvislover324
03-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm a crankypants about my weightloss again this week. Only down 2 more pounds. I was on a good run with losses over 3lbs for a few weeks and then bam, hit a wall.:tantrum:

Leslie Sansone is going to be my new buddy this week, her walk videos do more for me than my treadmill so maybe she can kick my butt into higher losses.:kickbutt:

I was so hoping to be in the 2-oh something range this week. Every single time I am on the brink of a new decade, my body holds me back a few ounces.:no: It's at the point that I expect it now and just laugh, there is nothing I can do about it!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!:flow2:

bethFromDayton
03-19-2013, 10:21 AM
I didn't get to stay at 209.x--I'm 210 even this morning (up a whole .2, which is nothing.

I was really cranky yesterday--not my usual mood--and was all out of sorts--and TOM started this morning. DUH--that explains it. I've never paid attention to what TOM does to my weight, but clearly TOM is now messing with my mood. (That was true years ago, but I evened out. Now I'm peri-menopausal and have absolutely no idea what to expect.)

I tried to book a massage for this evening, but she was booked :-(. She's checking if one of her colleagues has an opening--a nice relaxing massage could do wonders for my food (and sore neck--and sore shoulders--heck, even my hands feel sore--and a bit puffy) (DUH--water retention. TOM. Can we say I'm unusually oblivious?)

Last night I took in a pair of jeans by putting darts in the back. They're still too big, but they aren't sliding off of me. I'm trying to postpone replacing all my pants for at least a little while longer!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!:carrot:

SarahFairhope
03-19-2013, 11:19 AM
beth- Hang in there, it'll be back! I always under estimate the impact of TOM. Im seriously considering going back on Mirena just to avoid this song and dance.

elvis, Im crankypants too. Lets collective shake it off! HaRUMPH! :D

211.5 this morning. Thats .4 away from my pre-TOM weight, which is a few days from being out of here. I'm excited to see some SERIOUS scale drop next Monday. ( DO YOU HEAR THAT SCALE?!!) :P

elvislover324
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Oh Beth, a massage sounds wonderful right now!! Hope they can fit you in!!

LOL, Sarah---does shaking off your crankypants burn enough calories to bring you, Beth and me into the 2-ohs!!??

Angihas2
03-19-2013, 01:46 PM
218.8 this morning. Up .4 but still TOM'ing away, so not worried. I do know I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday. I just wanted COFFEE. LOTS and LOTS of COFFEE. So, I drank it. Today, I feel like a wrung out piece of shoe leather. Still stressing over the j-o-b situation, for both the male type and I, but trying not to let it become like this huge emotion and overwhelm me, which I would then relieve with who knows what. Meditation and walking is helping to keep it in check. I'm also rewatching some documentaries that help keep me motivated in my desire to feed my family and myself healthy, nourishing, chemical and additive free foods.

I heard someone say, "Obesity is a signal that the life is out of balance", and that rings true. Humans are evolved to be hunter/gatherers. We're made to move, to store fat during times of plenty and expend it during times of famine. Our relatively newness to this agricultural revolution has made the hunter/gatherer need for survival to become a drive to a store where our mastadons are sliced and packaged under cellophane and our roots and berries are all nicely packaged for us. This is a new thing for our species. In 2010 when I had a several acre garden, I lost easily and ate better than I have since my grandmother worked us like slaves on her farm during our summer breaks. Of course, we thought it was all fun, but now I realise it was WORK! But when we had that garden, we hoed and planted, bent and squatted, we moved, naturally, easily, I slept better, the kids definitely did and I lost without 'watching what I ate'. It was only natural to eat what we'd harvested that day, to can and store the excess. I should get another garden! (Also, the baby has awoken so the nice, well thought out thing in my head is now discombulated)

bethFromDayton
03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Oh Beth, a massage sounds wonderful right now!! Hope they can fit you in!!

They couldn't. I am bummed. I would really like a massage tonight. DH is wonderful in so many ways, but back rubs aren't one of them.

I'm not too bummed about not staying in the 209s--I usually bop around within .4 for a little while before settling at the lower number.

I keep telling myself I've been doing really well. I've been at this for 10 weeks (as of yesterday). I've lost 20 lbs. My jeans went from snug to way too loose to "I can take them off without unbuttoning". I have a list of advantages of losing weight that I read every morning, and even with just a 20 lb weight loss and the walking I've been doing, I've made some progress on many of them. I have more energy, it's easier to get down on the floor, my blood sugar has gone down. That's a lot of progress in 2.5 months. (Psyching myself up here. Giving myself credit.) As much as I'd love for it to happen faster, 2 lbs/week is all I can realistically hope for--I don't think I could cut my calories by another 500/day.

This week, with the prep for my Big Event (which is Friday-Sunday) and then the Event itself, staying even this week is all I can hope for. I will have a weekend full of temptations to withstand. (At least I planned everything that's being served so I know what I should be eating--and there are lots of healthy choices in there along with the 70+ dozen cookies.

We're all doing great!:bravo:

SarahFairhope
03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
elvis - I sure do hope so! ;)
Angi - HI!!!! I think I missed you popping on during my little break (my mom was in town/had medical drama, blah blah). But yay!! SO glad to see you over here. And I am sooo with you on weight/life balance relationship. At least for me, that triple true. I've got ADHD and can "medicate" it with food. And when things and buzzing in my head and out of control, not making time for myself, well -- that waist line expands. And I love the idea on the documentaries. I've started editing my media to positive stuff like Ted Talks. Love those! I do add in some Walking Dead, cause, well, girls got to have her Zombie show. Balance is so hard even under the best of circumstances, but with job/move stuff in the air and little ones -- so much harder.
beth- I think I may have to try and book a massage now. I havent had one is SO LONG. Enjoy your event this weekend :D Hopefully the scale will bring you some surprises? Fingers crossed!
Lunar - Been thinking about you today, hope you get some hopeful news and so much deserved stress relief. :)

211.0 this morning. Scale bounced around 210.9/8 for a sec. 210.something!! Come to meeeee!

NightowlAnnie
03-20-2013, 06:41 PM
This is my very first post in this group. I'm so excited to be here! I honestly haven't been in the two-teens since I was in eighth grade.

Congratulations!! This IS a big deal!!!!!!:carrot:

SarahFairhope
03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
I guess my scale was listening! 210.0! TOM water weight coming off? Yahoo! :D

Brandibooxoxo
03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm Officially in the two teens! 219.2! Yay! Hopefully this # will keep going down!

bethFromDayton
03-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi all! Welcome Brandiboo! Yeah, Sarah, on the movement!

I was 209 even this morning. As we were at the event hotel, setting things up for the weekend, DD came up to me and said, "you look thinner"--yay, it's noticeable--and she knows how hard I've been working on it.

I'm glad I know how to sew--I haven't had time to shop for new jeans--and I've taken 3 pairs in at the waist. (And we all know how hard it is to shop for jeans!)

BFF mentioned to DH that his dieting his easier than mine. It is, since I do all the planning and cooking :-). He's making healthier choices at lunch, though. He's lost about 12 lbs. He only has another 20 or so to lose to be at his 'fighting weight', so he doesn't have that long of a path in front of him. One of my goals is to weigh less than he does!

Take care, all!

lunarsongbird
03-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Well, I'm going to a wedding this evening. I SO enjoyed the number I saw on the scale this morning- 214.2. So I wonder how that will influence my eating/drinking decisions tonight.

Elladorine
03-22-2013, 03:28 PM
I weighed in at an even 215 Wednesday night. We almost logged it as 215.25 but then I realized I'd forgotten to empty all of the change out of my pocket! :lol: I try not to focus on the fractions of a pound regardless. :p

My waist measurement hasn't changed in a while (45"), but I only measure at the crease across my belly button, mainly because it's the only spot I feel I can measure consistently over and over. :lol: But I've noticed in the past week or so that my jeans are fitting better, and the upper half of my tummy (a major problem area for me) appears to be getting smaller. :)

I'm really not used to being able to notice changes, at least not so quickly. I think I still carry the mindset of 40 pounds not making a notable difference, like when I was losing weight a few years back. :dizzy: I also feel like the shape of my face is emerging more and more, giving me the very first glimpse of what I'm actually supposed to look like. It's kind of an odd sensation to see a different face staring back at me, one with a defined jawline rather than a soft, round one that just sort of disappears into a full neck.

Last night I paged through the day planner that I've been using as a food journal. Mine has perforated corners that can be torn out when the week is done. Since I've been so consistently averaging a one pound per week loss for over a year now, I felt brave enough to write in my goal weights in the little corners for each week. I can look at a glance and predict what I might weigh each week on through August. I'm going to try not to be too set on the numbers, but being out of the 200's in mid-July would be absolutely amazing; that's about where I'll no longer be obese, just overweight! And if I don't make it? No big deal, I'm going to keep making good choices every day. And besides, those numbers are getting torn out each week anyway. ;)

I had to abandon my weekly weigh-in lilyslim chart, as they limit the data to 52 points:

http://swtc.lilyslim.com/KXnabaw.png

I'm still so proud of watching the line go down, down, down. :carrot: And since I want to keep extending one from March of last year, I thought I'd try something a little different, a monthly weigh-in chart:

http://swtc.lilyslim.com/w7Yhaaw.png

And a new ticker to go with it:

http://swlm.lilyslim.com/TyFVm7.png

I'll still be weighing in weekly of course and charting at home, but with these I'll still be able to show off my trend from my March reboot as well as focus on 100 pounds before considering if my ultimate goal of 150 will be right for me. It's awesome to see that I'm already over halfway there. :D

lunarsongbird
03-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Ella, I seriously love reading your posts. They are so crazy inspirational.
Mad Skillz. You haz them.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JIQCq8dc9rY/RuE5trN2dcI/AAAAAAAABZE/9DsgiBoTK2c/s400/mad-skillz2.jpg

ladyfyre
03-23-2013, 12:29 AM
I weighed in this morning at 212.2, the lowest I have been in about 10 years. I am so close, but so far away. I desperately want to be in onederland by May 1st as I will be going to a writer's conference with friends I haven't seen since last year. It will make the week so much more comfortable if I can lose the weight.

lunarsongbird
03-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Hooray Hooray Hooray! ladyfyre- 212 is a fabulous number!

immaculate
03-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I weighed in at 218 exact this morning. I haven't lost much in the past week but I'm very happy that I haven't gone back over 220 at all!

lunarsongbird
03-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I was at 214.8 this morning, which is INCREDIBLE considering I went to a wedding last night and INDULGED to the max and I danced, danced, danced! A very happy way to start the weekend.

I think there is a good possibility I will hit my 30 pounds next Saturday (212). That will be fun.

Angihas2
03-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Happy Sunday!!! I've been afk, busily looking for work. Still. Fighting with the male type. Still. To the point I gave him 30 days notice to move. (The law said I had yo do it this way). Contacted an old boss and we spoke about me returning there. Its a live in management position at a hotel here in town with a 2 story home and all utilities paid plus a small salary. I can still find something during the day, but I won't have to worry about monthly living expenses. I'm having a really hard time contemplating making a move that seems to be a step back, when I want to be moving forward. There's a huge part of me that feels, betrayed by society, for lack of a better phrase. We've all seen these commercials that show how much more people with a hs diploma, associates, bachelors degrees etc make. Well. I did all that and frankly, I made more before my college degrees than I do now. And its pissing me off, to be frank about it. I'm struggling to not go stuff my face with $ menu craptastic food.

Still weighing in at 218. I've done 4-750+ puzzles in 2 days to keep me from driving anywhere to get crap food. Anyway. Just a vent. And I'm on my phone so I can't go back and edit this rambling stuff.

And no. I don't blame anyone, I live in a small town and have kids who require daycare while I work, so my working hours are limited, I know I could work 12 he shifts overnight but that leaves me paying someone to sleep at my house and daycare during the day. And I love being a mom and can't comprehend paying someone to raise them

bethFromDayton
03-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Survived the weekend (it was amazing, exhausting, exhilarating, and exhausting). Eating so not OP. However, I'm starting up again--and I'll weigh in tomorrow, for better or worse!

SarahFairhope
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Oh Angi. Im so sorry. :( I get the whole, "betrayed by society" thing. And have had lengthy conversations about it with friends. The message I (we?) got as kids was, "GO TO COLLEGE! If you get a degree, you'll be able to support yourself and a family. And you will work at a job you'll love!" Well, not so much - and I think doubly so if you've got a liberal arts degree. :(

Beth - That sounds exhausting and LOVELY!! Hope all the busy helps balance that scale a little more in your favor. :D

bethFromDayton
03-25-2013, 10:52 AM
I weighed at 211.0 this morning--considering how I ate this weekend, that's not bad at all. (The non-stop moving probably helped, too)

I had a "2 hour late report" to work today due to the snow, so now I'm going to get out of here!

elvislover324
03-25-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm getting close enough to scream for onederland!! Down 3.6lbs at my weigh-in today. Went from 210.2 to 206.6. I hope I am not on the brink of 199.9 for 3 weeks more! That's how the scale usually goes for me...

Angihas2
03-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Holy crap Elvis!! You flew through this decade set!! Congratulations

elvislover324
03-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Ty angihas2!!! I went from banging down the door at 210.2 to almost the halfway point of the 2-oh's. Leslie Sansone and her walking videos kicked my butt over the edge last week!

Angihas2
03-26-2013, 10:14 AM
214 this morning! I either completely read the scale wrong yesterday, or my body's finally realized we're not under threat of famine and let go of some stuff. I woke up with my hand on my hip and could feel that bonier curve and got excited over inches being lost, then happy danced my way off the scale. I also had a straight protein day yesterday, was just craving it. Who knows what happened. This happened in January too, big monthly loss then almost nothing in February, but I'm hoping to be under 200 by Memorial Day.

lunarsongbird
03-26-2013, 10:53 AM
I was in this fantasy land this weekend thinking that the weight was just sliding off. I officially WI on Saturday at 215- and then yesterday morning I thought I was at 212.8 (SQUEEEEE)....briefly. Until I realized that my scale was being a bit "off." I brushed off it's little feeties and tried a new surface.... 215. :: shrugs :: Oh well.

This morning I was 213.6.
I will take it!

Ang- how much do you think we can lose by this Saturday?

I'm going to a dishcrawl tonight. I'm going to try to be real hungry for it! http://www.dishcrawl.com/southbay/

Angihas2
03-26-2013, 12:21 PM
My scale missed yours lunar! I'm changing my official WI day to Tuesday's, looking over my spreadsheet started Jan 6, I hold on just a bit on Mondays then whoosh on Tuesday. That and I really wanted to move ticker! I've only ever used one for pregnancy, its kinda cool to see one completed and not have a new baby!! :D and I've got less than 50 lbs to goal. I know its going to slow down the closer I get, but seeing the 4# left yo goal just recranked my motivation to succeed and my determination to not use food as a form of comfort with the stress I'm under.

Angihas2
03-26-2013, 12:23 PM
OK. Dish crawl is a pub crawl minus the booze. I don't know which would be more dangerous to me but it looks fun!

lunarsongbird
03-26-2013, 02:20 PM
I know. It should be really fun. I'm going with a dozen ladies. Hrm. I worked out for about 45 minutes this morning- I was thinking of working out a bit more before and after the event. I know it seems a bit much, but I'm in such an emotional place right now....I need to pad myself from slipping down the emotional slope of eating. Focusing on the activity keeps my focus off the food.

ETA: Also- Did I mention that all the food is selected for you? They are tasting sizes....it should be an adventure in palette and willpower.

bethFromDayton
03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm back to a 210.x this morning, after two days at 211.0, so that's a good thing. I'm retaining a lot of water--my hands are all swollen and my rings are tight. If I can whoosh that away, maybe I'd sink into the 209s?

I still haven't caught up on my sleep from our big weekend--I used to be able to handle small amounts of sleep (6 hours Friday, 4.5 Saturday night), but then, I used to be younger, too. :D

I'm getting myself back OP--I learned a valuable lesson about going off-plan this weekend--it makes it so hard to start up again!

Angihas2
03-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Sooo....I didn't even weigh this morning. Hit the ground running and now 5 hours later, I check in here and realized I didn't weigh. I may not weigh again until the 1st. (Though I like stepping on it before bed to see an end of day weight that's lower than my official morning WI from last week.)

lunarsongbird
03-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Hooray, Ang!
Beth- I hear you on the OP thing.

Well, I survived the Dishcrawl. I respected myself and didn't eat anything I didn't like. Fortunately or unfortunately- there were many things I didn't think were worth the calories.

So I was down to 211.8 this morning.

lunarsongbird
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I can see Friday!!
http://web.gracesgraphics.com/5/541354f071ea7d434b.jpg

Hi Ladies! How are you today?

bethFromDayton
03-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Work is crazy--that's my big issue--and I can see Friday....

I'm at 210.6--I only saw 209 one day--but I want to be back in the 20x range NOW NOW NOW! (okay, tantrum over)

I only have six more days of being able to exercise for a while--I'm having surgery on my toe next Wednesday and will be limited in movement for 6-8 weeks (including no driving).

I'm moving back towards plan--but having eaten at weird times over the weekend, I'm fighting wanting to eat all of the time. Breathe deeply. I have lunch scheduled soon--I eat then. Then a snack at 3:15. Then dinner. There is plenty of food planned for the day. I do not need to eat now--I eat when I'm supposed to. Breathe.

Have a great Thursday, all!

lunarsongbird
03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh la la. You caught a glimpse of the 20Xs? Did it feels amazing? What was it like? LOL.
I'm still hoping to catch that number by Easter. I've got a net and everything. ;)
http://www.monarchlab.org/Lab/Rearing/images/jill-catching_250w.jpg

But we'll see.

How do you feel about not being able to exercise? I know that exercise is not at all required for weight loss, but I have some mental block about it.

Why did you eat at weird times this weekend? Were you just eating when you were hungry? That's what I am trying to do, but I work in a place that gives me the flexibility of usually being able to take a break and eat whenever I need to.

bethFromDayton
03-28-2013, 04:23 PM
We had a weekend long Big Event where my BFF and I were in charge of the food--for 136 people--from Friday at 3:00 until Sunday early afternoon. We had food out almost around the clock (2:00-7:00am was sparse)--the rest of the time there were serious snacks out all the time. We had over 100 dozen baked treats in addition to--well, you probably don't want a full list--it was unbelievable.

BUT, the upshot of it was that I snacked while making trays of cookies, cheese, and veggies (and not so much the veggies). ( don't think I snacked when I made up cracker trays.) We had 3 meals each day. We had--you get the idea. I didn't just eat at 3 set meals and one snack, which is what I've been doing. I do better with set times and quantities--fewer decisions in the moment. (and being faced with LK's Snickerdoodles--that's a killer)

My sleep was totally screwed up (Friday: 2:30 - 8:30, Saturday: 4:00-8:00). It just is a crazy weekend for me. (It was a riot, though--everyone agreed it was one heckuva party!) (I went to sleep at 5:00 pm after we got home on Sunday--and DH was already snoring.) (He chaired the event)

So, I ate off-plan, at weird times, and now I've got to re-set myself to eat on-plan at scheduled times. I can do this--but I'll tell you, if I hadn't had 3FC to come back and report to I think it would have been way harder to start up again. I just knew that all of you would (I hope) notice if I disappeared--so I had to come back! :hug:

I feel disappointed about not exercising--I've been walking 10-20 minutes, 3 times a week day--I'm won't be able to do that at all. I know it's not essential to weight loss, so I'm going to stick with a reasonable caloric intake and hope to lose a pound a week while my activity is limited. For at least the first couple of weeks, though, I'm not supposed to be up and around at all, and then I can go back to work as long as I keep my foot elevated.

You guys will hear from me a lot while I'm home, I'm sure!

immaculate
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Lunar - Glad to hear the dishcrawl went well and your weight has continued to come down!

Beth - Sounds like a crazy weekend! Good for you for getting right back on track! Good luck on your surgery and I hope you recover quickly!

Warning - Might be TMI for some!
It's been a crazy few days for me as well. During my annual physical in January, they found out I had elevated liver enzymes and slight iron-deficiency anemia. My doctor sent me to a gastroenterologist who recommended an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and liver ultrasound. On Sunday, I went on a liquid diet and then a cleanse in preparation for the endoscopy and colonoscopy. I had those two procedures on Monday and the ultrasound yesterday. I'm really glad I got these tests done because they found out I have gastritis and a fatty liver and removed a polyp (benign).

As for my weight, the liquid diet and cleanse made me drop down to 214.6 on Monday. I was back up to 216 by Wednesday but came down to 215.2 today, so I think my system has gone back to normal. Also, now I can officially say that I've met my mini-goal of losing 10% of my weight! And I'm happy to say my next goal is Onderland!

Tziri
03-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone! My scale hit 219.8 this morning so I'm hoping to join you guys! Just want to make sure it sticks.

elvislover324
03-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Welcome tziri!!! Glad to have you here, just don't plan on staying too long. :) Onederland is calling all our names!!

bethFromDayton
03-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome, Tziri! Congratulations on the new decade! You're down 75 pounds--that's amazing!

Angihas2
03-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Still haven't stepped on the scale. Holding out til the 1st, but not weighing is making me way more conscious of every bite. Its also encouraging me to stay on top of my water intake. I've got an interview in an hour and its storming its balls off. Upside, there's no reason to straighten my hair. Downside, it requires a lot of product to keep the frizz under control.

Have a great Friday everyone

lunarsongbird
03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Morning, All!
Tziri- You are ours now. MUWAHAHA! I think I was posting in the last decade and this decade for a sold two weeks before I felt comfortable making the transition. But you are totally and completely welcome here.

It's fun- on the daily weigh-in thread it seems like A LOT of people are reaching their monthly goals. That's fabulous!! I feel bloated. TOM is on my heels. I'm going to really really up my water, maybe even have some detox tea and hit the B-6.

If I step back and observe- it's wonderful how much progress everyone has made since the beginning of the year. It's just remarkable. In fact- I think we need one of those "100 Pound Club Has Lost..." Thread.

Immaculate- I really disliked my colonoscopy prep. In fact- I lost 10 pounds and kept it off. I had a full day of fasting and then my appointment wasn't until 3 PM. TORTURE. Ugh. And that was when I was still afraid of being hungry.

Elvis- I'm still so incredibly inspired by you. I can't believe how fast you are flying through this thread. SO awesome. Has there been a decade that went by particularly slow for you?

Ang- I can't wait to see what your scale says! Also- keep us updated on how the interview goes!

immaculate
03-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Tziri - Welcome and congrats on the loss so far!

Angi - Good luck on your interview!

Lunar - There is definitely been a lot of losses on the boards lately. It's really exciting seeing everyone hitting their goals!

I'm down another pound to 214.2 today. I'm hoping the whoosh fairy stays for awhile.

Tziri
03-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I hit 218.6 this morning so I guess I feel like I can officially be in this thread now!! Gotta go do some yard work. Hope you all have a fabulous day!!

elvislover324
03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Elvis- I'm still so incredibly inspired by you. I can't believe how fast you are flying through this thread. SO awesome. Has there been a decade that went by particularly slow for you?

Hi lunar,

Thank you for your comment. :) I really do feel like I could scream I want to get to 199 so badly.

I looked through my weightloss history and the worst were the 2-teens of this thread (weekly weigh-ins were 218,216,214,212,210 and now finally 206), I was under a lot of stress the past 5-6 weeks or so and the scale definitely punished me for it.

I just went through my weight-loss log and some decades I only spent 2 weeks and other decades I spent 4 weeks. I had some weeks where I was right on the brink of a new decade so it looked like I was in some longer. I actually only spent 1 week in the 290s just the way the numbers worked (I was exactly 300 one week, then 294 the next and then 289 the next!).

sonickel77
03-29-2013, 09:59 PM
203 today.

Tziri
04-01-2013, 12:14 AM
It's the end of the day and I'm exhausted! Hope everyone had a fun Easter!

Elladorine
04-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Thanks Lunar! :hug:

:easter3: everyone!

I indulged a little today; it should balance out from being extra good for the rest of the week. Nothing outlandish; I didn't even have any Easter candy outside of one serving of a sugar-free peanut butter cup. :) Which means I made it through without one single Cadbury egg . . . I'm glad they're only available once a year. :dizzy: I've been totally slacking on the jogging though and need to get my butt moving again.

I'm currently down to 213. I'm feeling pretty good about that. Here's to hoping for 212 on Wednesday! :hat:

bethFromDayton
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi all-

Rough weekend for me--or at least, rough Saturday night party. The rest of the weeked was fine, but that one party was pretty extreme. I brought all the leftovers to work today to tempt my coworkers and get them out of my house!

I'm up to 211.2 today--not sure how that happened--I didn't expect to be down, but up a pound? Sad me. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Hope this is a start to a good week for all!

Angihas2
04-01-2013, 10:10 AM
215 on the dot. 1 lb shy of my goal. I started to get upset, then realized I lost TEN pounds in March. That's a huge accomplishment and to be upset that its not 11 is self defeating and silly. I did hit 214 and had hoped to be lower but my body really starts fighting every 10 lbs the closer I get to 200 and then under. Its better to acknowledge the loss and plunge forward and downward and celebrate what I have accomplished. Happy Monday everyone! I'll do personals and catch ups as soon as I get to a laptop

lunarsongbird
04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
On Saturday, I officially weighed in at 211.5- so I hit my 30 pounds and got a new bracelet. Easter came and went- I didn't do anything too crazy. However- I did have some food when I wasn't hungry. Oh well- today is a new month! HUZZAH! I love new beginnings!

My TOM arrived this morning at 4 AM and woke me up with awful pain. -_- I'm trying a new product this month. Should be interesting: http://www.swaddlebees.com/Products/Pink-Daisy

So the scale was 213.8 this morning. Really? (Although that is still less then what I started last week at. :: shrugs ::

My mom starts chemo today for her non-hodgkins lymphoma. I cut my hair on Saturday to show my support/love:
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpbvNEAZAM_zps7336d66e.jpg

I feel like my life is just one big storm of change.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/php0dFxcKAM_zps1211a760.jpg

Did I mention that I might be starting my Master's degree in a week? Oy vay...

Vanessa M.
04-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Hiiii! I belong here as of this morning! *waves*

elvislover324
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
You look absolutely gorgeous in that picture, Lunar. GORGEOUS!!! Prayers for your mom today, I hope she does ok. It breaks my heart when I hear anyone going through those treatments.

Only down 1.6lbs today. Did anyone hear me scream? These last pounds to onederland are like torture. Can I just go back to bed until the 5lbs are off and I can wake up at 199? Seriously, I'm so frustrated it's not even funny.

Hope you are all having a nice Monday. :)

immaculate
04-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Ella - Congrats on resisting the temptation of Easter candy! I think the only reason I didn't have any is because no one bought any this year!

beth - Good call on bringing your leftovers for your coworkers!

Angi - Ten pounds in a month is amazing!

lunar - Congrats on reaching 30 pounds! I hope TOM gets better for you. I'll be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers. In what subject are you going for your Master's?

Vanessa - Welcome!

elvis - Hoping for a big whoosh for you!

As for me, I got down to 214.2 but came back up the past few days and am at 215.6 as of this morning. The gains coincide with me starting Turbo Jam as well as moving to heavier weights for strength training, so I'm thinking that's the cause. I haven't been over my calories at all.

SarahFairhope
04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I hate to pop on and whine, I really do, but I think itd help me to do it, hope you guys understand...

I think I've lost my weight loss sparkle. Please put out an APB. *sigh* :(

elvislover324
04-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you, immaculate!!!

*waves to Sarah!!!* I'm sure Lunar will be along with some sparkle to sprinkle around here.

Bring earplugs too please, I'm still screaming my head off while having my pity party!

lunarsongbird
04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm sure Lunar will be along with some sparkle to sprinkle around here.

http://media-cache-ec6.pinterest.com/avatars/sparklekandy_1337515862_600.jpg

http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/shiny_cat.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1627784448/h3209D8B1/

http://www.sparkleanspecialtycleaning.com/files/graphics/sparkle_1__1__1_.gif

elvislover324
04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Lunar------seriously, you are AWESOME!:D

lunarsongbird
04-01-2013, 07:24 PM
:D

Thank you!
Although I have to admit- I'm not feeling especially sparkly and I ate way too much at lunch. I blame it on TOM. ;) Haha.

I'm a bit bummed because I wanted to start April off on a really strong foot, but hey- I'm here and that's important!

ETA: I've also decided to move my ONEderland ticker everyday. I think that will be really motivational. I also think I need to take every week at a time. I usually look at the month, but I want to focus in a little more.

Tziri
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Welcome Vanessa!

SarahFairhope
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
I think coming back to posting daily and staying in better touch with decade people really help me stay more on track. Lets do this friends. :D

Lunar - how do you get the images IN the message?? I need to be a cool kid like you... And I really dig your turbo charge april post. I had an ice cream cone for breakfast, and am now ready to effing do this for realz.
Angi - 10LBS!!! Seriously, that is a effing amazing month. It a tough balance to PUSH yourself to do better and APPRECIATE the hard work and great results we do get. Ya did a great job, lady. :)
Vanessa - HI!!
beth - Hang in there, it'll shake right back off. Smart lady to pawn off the leftovers ;D
immaculate- Its nice when you've got a clear idea about what your weight is doing, when you get those mini blips. I hope that muscle is extra hungry ;)
Tziri - HI!!
Ella - FX'd for your weigh-in tomorrow!

lunarsongbird
04-02-2013, 10:26 AM
:: sigh ::

3/30- 211.5
4/1- 213.8
4/2- 215.4

GOODNESS SAKES. I know I started TOM, but geeze. :?:
:: deep breath ::
And WHY oh WHY does the scale have so much power over me emotionally? Why can't I make peace with the scale and trust my body? I am feeling so incredibly conflicted right now. Part of me (the one who posted the OP tracking thread) wants to track every single calorie and wrestle every single ounce of fat to the ground.

But the other part of me wants to work on trusting myself and working on the Intuitive Eating principles, which seem so healthy mentally:
1. Reject the Diet Mentality.
2. Honor Your Hunger.
3. Make Peace with Food.
4. Challenge the Food Police.
5. Respect Your Fullness.
6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor.
7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food.
8. Respect Your Body.
9. Exercise--Feel the Difference.
10. Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition.

This journey has always been about health for me, up until I began nearing ONEderland. And then these little diet thoughts started creeping in, "Do it! Do it! Don't eat that- that food is BAD! Go faster! Power through! Come on! Come on!"
http://h4htracker.com/images/diet_gremlin.jpg

I really really am excited. I am. And I'm proud of how far I have come. I have not only lost 30 pounds, but I haven't consumed any food engineered by man and full of chemicals in over 3 months. So I'm going to try really hard not to let the scale control me.
http://www.projectswole.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/hate-the-scale.jpg

I need to keep my eye on the prize:
http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/90/45/baby,tummy,peaceful,pregnant,sand,silhouette,sun-90451462d458d70645cbff24e99247cd_h.jpg

And develop a healthy relationship with food so that I don't pass on a weird food relationship to my children.

Has anyone else ever felt like they lost their way at all while approaching ONEderland?

immaculate
04-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Well, the scale came back down today to 213.2 so I'm now one pound under my previous low.

I'm a bit worried about these next couple of months. This semester is coming to an end, so I have final projects and exams to worry about. Also, I have an interview for admission to pharmacy school in a few weeks which is making me more and more nervous every day. Then at the end of next month, we're going to California for my sister's graduation.

I'm scared about how I will handle the stress and then our vacation. Both things tended to make me gain in the past. My plan is to be extra diligent about my calories and workouts. I just hope I can make myself stick to it.

immaculate
04-02-2013, 10:33 AM
lunar - I admire you for what you're doing and how far you've come! I don't think intuitive eating would work for me, at least not right now. I've developed such a skewed relationship with food that I think my intuition would tell me to overeat all the time. Maybe as I continue to learn correct portion sizes and get in the habit of listening to myself I can try to move to intuitive eating.

lunarsongbird
04-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Lesseee......Peerrrsssooonnnallllssss......
(Don't google image the word "personals." It's really lame).
(Also- I totally don't get bummed or bent out of shape when people don't do personals. They can be totally overwhelming and very time consuming. No worries.)

Sarah- I imbed pictures using the "Insert Image" button.
http://www.mutinydesign.co.uk/resources/images/using-fck-editor-with-images/insert-image-button-in-fck-editor.png
I will use a direct image link that I found from google. (Now when you click on an image in a google search it will give you the option- "View Original Image"- I do that- and copy and past the link.) Or I will upload a photo into photobucket to get the link. If I need to shrink a photo- I use- http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

I think it's good for you to post daily. I missed you! I liked it when you were active in the last thread and I was sad when you moved on without me- and then when I got here- You disappeared! Ack! And I was sad. Did you gain at all when you were gone? What made you go?

beth- Has that pound dropped off yet? You are such an inspiration to me. You seem to always be around really awesome food- yet you carry on. And you are absolutely rocking. You are my food inspiration.

Ang- Did you find your 214 now? I like when you said, "Its better to acknowledge the loss and plunge forward and downward and celebrate what I have accomplished." I agree! I will cheers to that!
:coffee:

Vanessa- Welcome! How's your water coming today?

Elvis- I appreciate your compliment. :) My mom posted this on her facebook page yesterday:
"Okie Dokie!! Well, I made it through the chemo with no reactions at all. Plus, I only had two people get up and leave who were next to me. NO LIE !
I thought that was a low number!! It was an ADD Day!!
All Damn Day !!!! Had some buds with me, not beer! FRIENDS!! So I have a truck load of more meds to take.
Made it to my Life Group tonight too!! Told me tomorrow it might hit me in the afternoon.
Have to increase my fluids to 2 liters a day for three days!!!!
I overheard the nurses talking,"oh, Martha's getting the big one". I of course say," That invisible wall is NOT HELPFUL!"
LOL. Have full and complete knowledge I will be put in a private room on the 26th. LOL
ONCE AGAIN.. I'm humbled by the sense of caring and prayer's. They work, they really do!!!!"
That includes your prayers. I bet my mom can't even begin to know half of the people who are praying for her.....

which reminds me...How is April doing? She hasn't posted in a couple days.

Immaculate- Look at you ROCKING the scale!! Have you been exploring alternate ways to handle your emotions without food? Maybe some acupuncture, acupressure, or guided meditation? And about vacation- Maybe you might be interested in looking into intuitive eating and honoring your hunger?

Oh- and I'm thinking of doing a straight Masters of Science in Management. I can pick my options then.

lunarsongbird
04-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I definitely don't think I could have moved to intuitive eating (or as my husband like's to call it..."Eating. Deanna, it's so weird that there is a name for that. It's just eating...normal eating. It's what I do everyday."

I couldn't have moved onto it if I didn't cut out all the chemicals from my diet. I believe that the majority if chemicals disrupt our bodies natural rhythm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3TRbkIrow

SarahFairhope
04-02-2013, 10:54 AM
immaculate - the end of semesters are KILLER for my weight issues. Basically, I use food to get me through study session. If you are the same, best advice I can give, is find a reasonable substitute -- tea? really fancy water, high fiber snacks. That sort of thing. GOOD LUCK, its H A R D. And remember that sometimes "just" (and that is SUCH a horrible word) maintaining - is a HUGE win. YOU will get there, sometimes life pops in and the path is just a little longer than expected.

Lunar - I dont know if this is helpful, I hope it is, but its just MY way of thinking about it.

The GOAL at the end of all of this, is to have a relationship with my body that eating and moving are in line with health. I think a BIG part of that, is having a "non-diet" mentality. And those 10 commandments of healthy food relationships are completely reasonable and right.

BUT!!! ((for me)) That is the way I want to live my life after I get my body in a place where the weight I've put on it, is no longer doing active damage. Running the kind of calorie deficit I need to get where I want to be, requires breaking those concepts.

Would *I* get there just using those ideas, no, but I do believe most people would. I have a VERY big exception. I've got ADHD. The executive functioning abilities of my brain are substantially less effective (unless I've got a high level of dopamine) than most people. Learning to tackle that ideal of a healthy, natural eating pattern will be something that will take awhile for me to get, but I believe that I will get there. I can't intuitively do anything, food is no exception. But, I think I learn tool to mimic most of those concepts that will work for me. It is just so secondary to actually being at a healthy weight.

elvislover324
04-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Lunar, God Bless your mom. Seems she is in good spirits. I will continue to pray for her. The power of prayer is amazing, I couldn't have come as far as I have without everyone asking God to help me. I sincerely believe in miracles and it makes me warm to think about them. I hope today is better for her than expected. :hug:

April has been posting here and there but I didn't want to pry on her too much. She's been through a lot the last month, my heart breaks for her. We are here for her and I am sure she knows that.

Did you see my post about Ravenwolf's friend? I called you out in it too. :)

SarahFairhope
04-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Sarah- I think it's good for you to post daily. I missed you! I liked it when you were active in the last thread and I was sad when you moved on without me- and then when I got here- You disappeared! Ack! And I was sad. Did you gain at all when you were gone? What made you go?

Thanks for the imbed lesson! I didnt gain why I was gone. I think when I jumped into this thread, lots of people were right at the 205 range and were leaving. I was just having a tough time "jumping in" and posting everyday. And I'm not sure which came first, but my losses slowed and I just didnt have anything to say? And then some life drama (found masses in my left breast, big fight with the man folk, etc) I had been losing 3lbs/week average and it dropped to about 1.5lbs/week average. I think the slow has to do with several factors.

fattymcfatty
04-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Still...
Kicking myself for indulging over Easter. If I can get to Onderland before my first 5k on the 27th, I'll be happy.

lunarsongbird
04-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Did you see my post about Ravenwolf's friend? I called you out in it too. :)

Ooooh...No, I didn't. Where do I find said post? ;)

And then some life drama (found masses in my left breast, big fight with the man folk, etc) I had been losing 3lbs/week average and it dropped to about 1.5lbs/week average. I think the slow has to do with several factors.

Ick! How is the tata now? Do you have results back from testing? Is man feeling helpless about said lump and lashing out?
But I'd still take a 1.5 pound loss!
I just jumped up 4 pounds in three days! LOL. Haha.

Still...
Kicking myself for indulging over Easter. If I can get to Onderland before my first 5k on the 27th, I'll be happy.
Oooh....201! You'll be there before you know it!

elvislover324
04-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Ooooh...No, I didn't. Where do I find said post? ;)

under weightloss support or click "new posts"

SarahFairhope
04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Ick! How is the tata now? Do you have results back from testing? Is man feeling helpless about said lump and lashing out? But I'd still take a 1.5 pound loss!
I just jumped up 4 pounds in three days! LOL. Haha.

I have an appointment to go over the results of my babopsy (HA!) on the 9th. Manfolk thing is independent of boob. Our major stress is just getting to the west coast and "just" having two kids under 3. I think even two smart people, in a great marriage either one of those two stressors are just a lot to handle. And he just made a really stupid choice of withdrawing from me instead of working with me. Much drama ensued. So, I moved into our guest room and he said he screwed up and was sorry. Will do better, etc. So, things are on the mend, but just lots to work through. We will do it, just trying to find the time and energy to do it all -- and its a lot to do. Plus remember not to shove food in mai face.

lunarsongbird
04-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Mad props to you. If DH and I weren't sharing the same bed- I think I would make myself a bed of cookies.
http://officialpetsociety.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/collaborative-magnificent-cake-bed.png?w=450

SarahFairhope
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Mad props to you. If DH and I weren't sharing the same bed- I think I would make myself a bed of cookies.

Ha! Well, if Im being totally honest, I let him come in with a cuppa tea in the evening and rub my back and fall asleep... but STILL! :)