Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 2/22/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 2/22/2013

lisa32989
02-22-2013, 07:48 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

A1Texan
02-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Happy Friday everyone. Another successful WI today. Down another pound. That damn "Onederland" is a hard one to get to but one more week I should be there.

M35A2
02-22-2013, 09:25 AM
No official WI today as my coach is on an IP "retreat" in New Orleans this week but unofficially I'm down 3 for the week and 16 for my 1st month! If I can keep this rate up for 2 more weeks I'll be in Onederland myself (or dang close). It just seems pretty amazing to be 1/3 of the way there in just 28 days.

ragdoll74
02-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Texan congrats on the 1 lb. Next stop, Onderland.

Good morning all! I took the entire day off today because my son has an orthodontist appointment in the afternoon. I originally planned to work in the morning but with all the talk of the winter storm hitting overnight I decided to take the whole day. I'm going to take advantage of my snow day by cleaning the house, and will get a beef stew started in the crock pot.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!

scorbett1103
02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Happy Friday everyone. Another successful WI today. Down another pound. That damn "Onederland" is a hard one to get to but one more week I should be there.

No official WI today as my coach is on an IP "retreat" in New Orleans this week but unofficially I'm down 3 for the week and 16 for my 1st month! If I can keep this rate up for 2 more weeks I'll be in Onederland myself (or dang close). It just seems pretty amazing to be 1/3 of the way there in just 28 days.

Nice job!

Today is going to be a resting day for me - that crosstraining class I took yesterday really kicked my butt! Going to do some quilting while I'm at MIL's taking care of hubby's grandfather, then off to my regular shift at the hospital. If I feel awake enough I may do my yoga DVD when I get home tonight, but I've worked pretty hard this week so I may just take the R&R day :) Now that I'm in P3 I definitely feel both a desire and a bit of pressure to exercise often - I love the way I feel but I also don't want to lose any ground and I'd like to see things tighten up a bit over the next few months. P1 was so easy in terms of not watching the scale like a hawk!!! Trying not to let it stress me out though, I know what good THAT does :)

Cheekyskeeter
02-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I had a great WI yesterday....I am just shy of losing 18 lbs in 6 weeks and it feels great!!!

Great WIs A1Texan and M35A2!

Enjoy your day off ragdoll!

Scorbett you're doing great! I can't wait to phase off and get to start working out again. I have promised myself (and my twin sister) that I will do some races with her this summer so I'm hoping to be able to start running again soon.

I had planned on getting a lot done this weekend around the house and at the barn (I have two horses) but my DH last night went outside to put something in the recycling and slipped on the ice (he was wearing his slippers). He ended up ripping an entire nail off of one of his toes. What a mess and I bet it hurt like heck. He was supposed to be working nights for the next 7 nights but he can't put a shoe (or boot) on his foot so he's going to be home for a bit anyhow....he's a police officer so he can't really do that in his birkenstocks. I'm happy to have him home as I wasn't looking forward to my bland cooking for the next week so hopefully he will spend his time making yummy OP dinners (he's very supportive of my diet and eats the same as me pretty much) but I was also looking forward to having some free 'me' time.

IPdivajen
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Morning all! Happy Friday! So relieved it's here.

And I'm also relieved that the scale is moving again. My coach and I decided to shake up what I was having and drop down to .5 restricteds every day to see if that helps and, well, so far so good! Very happy to be a loser again!

Tonight I plan on hitting the gym with DH once more and then enjoying a relaxing weekend. I'm a wee bit stressed as I have to go for my very first mammogram this afternoon (my doctor found clusters of small cyst like lumps in both breasts at my physical yesterday - gulp) but I'm just going to tell myself that it's nothing and better to be safe than sorry. So I'll take any spare good vibes anyone might have lying around!!

Congrats on the losses and huge onederland thoughts for those so close.

ginettepv
02-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Happy Friday,

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is cold here and announcing more snow. Can't wait for spring and summer.

Next weigh in is on Monday. Having had no cake for my birthday, my mother-in-law's, my daughter's and grandson's birthday all in same week, I feel very proud.

Made it to onderland this week so very proud of myself.

Here's hoping my 4th weigh in will be good.;)

Charbarot
02-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone. Getting ready for my initial visit. Very excited. I laid in bed last night recalling all of the beautiful clothes I haven't been able to wear because I've put on weight. Last year was a horrible year for me...surgery, losing my younger sister unexpectedly. Had a very hard time coping and found solace in eating. But I can't blame my weight totally on that. Need to make changes in my life...today will be the start <3

Cheekyskeeter
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM

And I'm also relieved that the scale is moving again. My coach and I decided to shake up what I was having and drop down to .5 restricteds every day to see if that helps and, well, so far so good! Very happy to be a loser again!

Tonight I plan on hitting the gym with DH once more and then enjoying a relaxing weekend. I'm a wee bit stressed as I have to go for my very first mammogram this afternoon (my doctor found clusters of small cyst like lumps in both breasts at my physical yesterday - gulp) but I'm just going to tell myself that it's nothing and better to be safe than sorry. So I'll take any spare good vibes anyone might have lying around!!

I know it's hard but try to not stress about it! I went through that a year and a half ago with one large cyst in my left breast. I went through all the tests and thankfully it turned up as benign. Think positive thoughts and be happy your doctor found it so you can get it checked out. :hug: Sending you positive thoughts!

evepet
02-22-2013, 10:58 AM

Your post got me wondering how a significant weight loss affects the density, etc., of breast tissue. Apparently finding benign differences on mammograms after a significant weight loss is fairly common. There are some posters discussing this very topic at the obesityhelp.com forum below. The posts are from 2008, but I would imagine the same situation exists today. I've been wondering about this myself, as I go for a mammogram this Tuesday.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/3513340/Mammogram-after-weight-loss-changes-in-breast-tissue/
Try not to worry too much. :hug:

SylviesGirl
02-22-2013, 11:00 AM
IPdivajen -- Sending calming vibes . . . you will be just fine . . . I had the same situation a couple of years back (except only on one side), it was nothing. Focus on how good it will feel to get your good news, keep busy, and soon you will be smiling big smiles of relief. :hug:

ginettepv
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
wishing you the best of luck. I too went several years ago. Turned out to be benign. I now talk about my lumps and bumps episode with laughter. Sending good vibes

IPdivajen
02-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Your post got me wondering how a significant weight loss affects the density, etc., of breast tissue. Apparently finding benign differences on mammograms after a significant weight loss is fairly common. There are some posters discussing this very topic at the obesityhelp.com forum below. The posts are from 2008, but I would imagine the same situation exists today. I've been wondering about this myself, as I go for a mammogram this Tuesday.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/3513340/Mammogram-after-weight-loss-changes-in-breast-tissue/
Try not to worry too much. :hug:

Will be interesting to see what happens for sure! I've always joked that if I needed to go for a mammogram it would be no big deal as my boobs are currently so deflated after the weight loss that they're pancakes anyway! hehe. And in the grand scheme of things I'm not too concerned as benign breast cysts are insanely common but it's that what if factor as you approach the actual test, you know?

I actually work in a cancer hospital and women's cancers are in my portfolio so this is an interesting look at the other side. I'm a fundraiser and have actually been involved in raising the funds used to buy the very machines I'll be screened on this afternoon! An up close and personal look that I would have happily avoided but it sure does give me extra perspective on the value of what I do!

Thanks, all. I'm sure all will be just fine. :)

jlnelson
02-22-2013, 11:10 AM
This might be a silly question: Is it possible to drink too much water on this diet? I drink probably 4-5 litres a day (somewhere between 120-150 oz). I find now that if I don't drink a ton of water all day, I am insanely thirsty. Just want to make sure I am not flushing out good vitamins and things in my body.

ultramommynine
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM

That is awesome! Hope this week is smooth sailing for you! I can't wait to see that "1" on the scale. It's funny. Sometimes when I'm telling my sister what I weigh I'll say "150" instead of "250" on accident. She always corrects me lol.

Wow 16 pounds! What an awesome loss!

Texan congrats on the 1 lb. Next stop, Onderland.

Good morning all! I took the entire day off today because my son has an orthodontist appointment in the afternoon. I originally planned to work in the morning but with all the talk of the winter storm hitting overnight I decided to take the whole day. I'm going to take advantage of my snow day by cleaning the house, and will get a beef stew started in the crock pot.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!

Mmm beef stew sounds delicious! What cut of meat do you use and how many cooked ounces do you allow yourself? And how much of the cooked liquid?

Nice job!

Today is going to be a resting day for me - that crosstraining class I took yesterday really kicked my butt! Going to do some quilting while I'm at MIL's taking care of hubby's grandfather, then off to my regular shift at the hospital. If I feel awake enough I may do my yoga DVD when I get home to
night, but I've worked pretty hard this week so I may just take the R&R day :) Now that I'm in P3 I definitely feel both a desire and a bit of pressure to exercise often - I love the way I feel but I also don't want to lose any ground and I'd like to see things tighten up a bit over the next few months. P1 was so easy in terms of not watching the scale like a hawk!!! Trying not to let it stress me out though, I know what good THAT does :)

I like quilting too! It's a great way to keep my mind and hands occupied and stop me from thinking about food all the time. I've decided to give in to my compulsive daily weighing until I start to stress about it. I welcome daily even weekly fluctuations as long as I'm down for the month!

Happy Friday,

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is cold here and announcing more snow. Can't wait for spring and summer.

Next weigh in is on Monday. Having had no cake for my birthday, my mother-in-law's, my daughter's and grandson's birthday all in same week, I feel very proud.

Congrats on getting to onederland! My birthday is coming up to and I have vowed to stay on plan. No cake, no, alcohol! I think I'll treat myself to a nice steak and maybe some mio water blended with ice!

This might be a silly question: Is it possible to drink too much water on this diet? I drink probably 4-5 litres a day (somewhere between 120-150 oz). I find now that if I don't drink a ton of water all day, I am insanely thirsty. Just want to make sure I am not flushing out good vitamins and things in my body.
I've been crazy thirsty lately too. I think it's a side effect of ketosis. I still need to get a better vitamin supplement so hopefully I don't keel over from lack of nutrients before I get them!

I'm down a pound today to 242! Came in second this week at my work weigh in with a loss of 8.2 pounds. The only person who beat me had a horrible cold all last week. We'll see what my loss looks like next week. I'm sure it will level out but I'm excited to get further into my first month of IP and work the program. I'm giving it at least a year so only 55 ish weeks to go! Hope everyone is having an awesome morning!

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 11:53 AM

Congrats! Agree that onederland is elusive--but we'll get there!

Wonder if they will be announcing this rumored unlimited spinach change to Phase 1.

Happy Friday everyone! I had a great WI yesterday....I am just shy of losing 18 lbs in 6 weeks and it feels great!!!

Congrats. And yikes for your husband!

Trying not to let it stress me out though, I know what good THAT does :)

No stress! You've done great. Find that zen place that we're all hoping for, so you can show us the way when we get where you are!

My coach and I decided to shake up what I was having and drop down to .5 restricteds every day to see if that helps and, well, so far so good! Very happy to be a loser again!

Very interesting. I only started eating restricteds last week (coach wouldn't sell them to me for the first 3 weeks and then I forgot for a couple of weeks), and although I enjoy them--I feel like they're making me hungrier. However -- I have noticed that the chocolate chip cookie gets things moving better for me than Smooth Moves tea. If I don't see a bigger loss next week, I might cut back again on the restricteds.

scorbett1103
02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Happy Friday,

Way to go!!!

Sending lots of positive vibes your way :)

If you were guzzling down a gallon of water in one sitting, I'd say yes. But my guess is you're sipping throughout the day, so no you don't have to worry about it. You are not flushing vitamins out of your system by drinking lots of water - aside from the amazing timing that would take, not all vitamins are water soluble so they don't get "flushed" by water intake :)

LizRR
02-22-2013, 11:59 AM
scorbett1103 I never gained in Phase 3 and attributed that to my exercise regimen (although I didn't lose in Phase 2 and think it was for the same reason). It definitely keeps me stable in Phase 4, but my hunger does get revved up. You forget in Phase 1 what 'real' hunger (when you are not in ketosis) is like, made me so thankful I never cheated during that time.

IPdivajen Sending you big hugs from Texas!

jlnelson I would drink about 120-150 oz throughout the course of the day in Phase 1 and think it was a big contributor to my success. Kept me from shoving snacks instead and curbed hunger/thirst cravings. Make sure to use sea salt and keep up on your potassium supplements.

ultramommynine No reason to deprive yourself of cake on IP. You can bake one up using the pudding or drink mixes. A few recipe links:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/236058-recipe-pudding-cake.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259151-molten-lava-cake-recipe-help.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/252836-chocolate-cake-mug.html

ragdoll74
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Charbarot- I can relate to your post. I lost my dad suddenly about 7 years ago and I got really depressed. I dealt with it by eating and gaining about 90 lbs in 5 years. I couldn't stick with any diet for very long until starting IP. It's helped me to be able to see food for what it is, instead of something that would fix my emotional issues.

IPdivajen- hoping everything will be ok with your mammogram.

ultramommynine- I am using the stew meat that is already cut up this time. Normally I buy a roast and cut it up, but was feeling lazy this week. I add 4 cups of veggies for every 1 lb of meat. When it's done cooking, I pour the liquid into a container, then separate the meat and veggies into however many servings the beef yielded and then add the liquid back (i.e. 1 lb of meat, plus 4 cups of veggies is 2 equal servings.) I used 2 lbs of beef today, so I will have 4 equal servings. I eat one, save one for the next day and split up the rest for the family.

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Ragdoll -- I have no idea how I have only now looked at your before-and-after pics (That's basically all I did for the first couple of weeks on this forum), but wowza! What an amazing transformation. You were definitely beautiful before, but your physique is entirely different and I wouldn't guess that you could have ended up as small as you have. You give me hope!

ultramommynine
02-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Charbarot- I can relate to your post. I lost my dad suddenly about 7 years ago and I got really depressed. I dealt with it by eating and gaining about 90 lbs in 5 years. I couldn't stick with any diet for very long until starting IP. It's helped me to be able to see food for what it is, instead of something that would fix my emotional issues.

IPdivajen- hoping everything will be ok with your mammogram.

ultramommynine- I am using the stew meat that is already cut up this time. Normally I buy a roast and cut it up, but was feeling lazy this week. I add 4 cups of veggies for every 1 lb of meat. When it's done cooking, I pour the liquid into a container, then separate the meat and veggies into however many servings the beef yielded and then add the liquid back (i.e. 1 lb of meat, plus 4 cups of veggies is 2 equal servings.) I used 2 lbs of beef today, so I will have 4 equal servings. I eat one, save one for the next day and split up the rest for the family.

Thanks! Stew is definitely on my dinner list for next week!

SDChickie
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Hey all. Haven't stopped in for awhile... have been traveling a bit. Did my first ever Spartan Race (5.2 miles with 15+ obstacles) in Arizona on Feb 10th, followed by my first ever 5K race in Indiana on Feb 16th. I had to transition to Phase 3, then carb load for a couple of days for the Spartan as it required some glycogen stores. However, I still managed to lose a couple of pounds that week... definitely burned it all off with the running and the burpees and the wall climbs and the barbed wire crawls, etc. Ha! I went back to Phase 1 within an hour of the finish... a 5K can be pretty easily done without extra carbs, so I've been 100% OP since Feb 10th. My WI this morning showed a 3.8 pound loss over last week. I'll take it!

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hiya. Have a fantastic day!

ragdoll74
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Ragdoll -- I have no idea how I have only now looked at your before-and-after pics (That's basically all I did for the first couple of weeks on this forum), but wowza! What an amazing transformation. You were definitely beautiful before, but your physique is entirely different and I wouldn't guess that you could have ended up as small as you have. You give me hope!

Thank you!

I hated looking at pictures of myself before and didn't own a full length mirror until about 3 months ago. I still don't like looking at my before pics, and don't want to have to see it everytime I post, so I keep the comparison pics in my profile.

I hope you know that you are also inspiring people with your wonderful progress so far. 20 lbs in 6 weeks is amazing!

ultramommynine
02-22-2013, 12:33 PM

I know! The before and afters are so inspiring! I take screen shots of inspirational posts and photos that I have saved in an album so if I ever get discouraged I've got a load of evidence that this plan works at my fingertips :)

ultramommynine
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
scorbett1103 I never gained in Phase 3 and attributed that to my exercise regimen (although I didn't lose in Phase 2 and think it was for the same reason). It definitely keeps me stable in Phase 4, but my hunger does get revved up. You forget in Phase 1 what 'real' hunger (when you are not in ketosis) is like, made me so thankful I never cheated during that time.

IPdivajen Sending you big hugs from Texas!

jlnelson I would drink about 120-150 oz throughout the course of the day in Phase 1 and think it was a big contributor to my success. Kept me from shoving snacks instead and curbed hunger/thirst cravings. Make sure to use sea salt and keep up on your potassium supplements.

ultramommynine No reason to deprive yourself of cake on IP. You can bake one up using the pudding or drink mixes. A few recipe links:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/236058-recipe-pudding-cake.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259151-molten-lava-cake-recipe-help.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/252836-chocolate-cake-mug.html

I'll have to order some pudding mix and try again. I tried with drink mix and it was like a condensed brick of chocolate flavored fine curd cottage cheese. Or maybe making it in the oven would be better. I would have rather had protein hot chocolate than that protein cake brick sponge thing! Lol

IPdivajen
02-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Very interesting. I only started eating restricteds last week (coach wouldn't sell them to me for the first 3 weeks and then I forgot for a couple of weeks), and although I enjoy them--I feel like they're making me hungrier. However -- I have noticed that the chocolate chip cookie gets things moving better for me than Smooth Moves tea. If I don't see a bigger loss next week, I might cut back again on the restricteds.

A few things on this...I've been on four packets since I started but now that I'm back at my lowest point ever and very close to goal my coach decided to drop me down to 3.5 packets overall as I no longer 'need' the same amount of protein per day. We decided that I needed to halve my restricted as it was higher carb and my low losses lately likely meant that I was skimming too close to the line where ketosis is concerned.

And the cookie is yummy but I'd just pay attention to the carb count of 23. It's the highest carb product IP makes so I'd just caution you to not have one daily. Having said that, one restricted a day is a bona fide and important element of IP and I kinda lose my mind when I hear of coaches telling people not to have them for the first few weeks or not at all.

Tziri
02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey Everyone!
I'm so jealous of all the quilters! I love homemade quilts and always wanted to learn how to make them (or get my mom to learn how haha!). I'm so awful at sewing though. Oh well, I'll probably just stick to knitting and crocheting.

Grats to all the losses. I have my WI today and I'm hoping for a good week.

leannekarella
02-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Good morning everyone. Getting ready for my initial visit. Very excited. I laid in bed last night recalling all of the beautiful clothes I haven't been able to wear because I've put on weight. Last year was a horrible year for me...surgery, losing my younger sister unexpectedly. Had a very hard time coping and found solace in eating. But I can't blame my weight totally on that. Need to make changes in my life...today will be the start <3

Welcome! Sorry for your loss. This is the beginning of a new phase for you though. :hug:

mrskuby
02-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Hey all. Haven't stopped in for awhile... have been traveling a bit. Did my first ever Spartan Race (5.2 miles with 15+ obstacles) in Arizona on Feb 10th, followed by my first ever 5K race in Indiana on Feb 16th. I had to transition to Phase 3, then carb load for a couple of days for the Spartan as it required some glycogen stores. However, I still managed to lose a couple of pounds that week... definitely burned it all off with the running and the burpees and the wall climbs and the barbed wire crawls, etc. Ha! I went back to Phase 1 within an hour of the finish... a 5K can be pretty easily done without extra carbs, so I've been 100% OP since Feb 10th. My WI this morning showed a 3.8 pound loss over last week. I'll take it!

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hiya. Have a fantastic day!

You did the Spartan?? That's awesome! I am doing Tough Mudder this summer! What did you do to train for the race? I am concerned about waiting too long before getting back to the gym (bootcamp classes) and not being prepared for the race...I know that I can't do the bootcamp classes on P1 I get very lightheaded doing anything physical right now...including bringing in wood for the fire...I'd love to hear how you prepared and how hard/easy the race itself was for you!

Suchawittygal
02-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Well, my first week using Alternatives and I came in 0.2 lbs down. I guess this COULD be attibuted to the fact that I spent 3 days snowboarding this past week. Maybe that extra activity could have had something to do with my lower loss this week. I know my body is SORE.

At least I'm going in the right direction. I'm gonna keep on keepin' on. :)

scorbett1103
02-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Well, my first week using Alternatives and I came in 0.2 lbs down. I guess this COULD be attibuted to the fact that I spent 3 days snowboarding this past week. Maybe that extra activity could have had something to do with my lower loss this week. I know my body is SORE.

At least I'm going in the right direction. I'm gonna keep on keepin' on. :)

LOL yeah - sore muscles means muscle repair, which means water retention. Also if you build those muscles up, they weigh more than fat - so you're probably dealing with a little of both :) I'm a bit envious of the snowboarding though - the one and only time I tried, I face planted all the way down the mountain :/

Suchawittygal
02-22-2013, 01:24 PM
LOL yeah - sore muscles means muscle repair, which means water retention. Also if you build those muscles up, they weigh more than fat - so you're probably dealing with a little of both :) I'm a bit envious of the snowboarding though - the one and only time I tried, I face planted all the way down the mountain :/

I did not know that Scorbett...that makes a lot of sense and makes me feel better.

You should really give boarding another try...My first day was a DISASTER, but my second day, it just "clicked" and I'm doin' jumps, riding rails and black diamonds now :-) of course I faceplanted last week and chipped my tooth...LOL

ladylunk
02-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm down a pound today to 242! Came in second this week at my work weigh in with a loss of 8.2 pounds. The only person who beat me had a horrible cold all last week. We'll see what my loss looks like next week. I'm sure it will level out but I'm excited to get further into my first month of IP and work the program. I'm giving it at least a year so only 55 ish weeks to go! Hope everyone is having an awesome morning!

Hi. Congrats on an awesome first week. You did very well! It's hard to believe someone at work beat you with numbers like that! Good luck with the cake making. I have failed at it too. I always lick the spatula love the taste and then cook it (one I actually cooked in a pan with coconut oil like a pancake). Don't liked the cooked product much at all.

And the cookie is yummy but I'd just pay attention to the carb count of 23. It's the highest carb product IP makes so I'd just caution you to not have one daily. Having said that, one restricted a day is a bona fide and important element of IP and I kinda lose my mind when I hear of coaches telling people not to have them for the first few weeks or not at all.

I bought the cookies once and was quickly tired of the dryness and lack chocolate chips. I happened to glance at the carb count and was surprised how high it was. To Ojenchilada maybe it's the sugar alchols that are helping with the "movement".

Also to IPdivajen positive thoughts your way on your test.

I was thinking about why I may have lost some lean mass at weigh in this week. I talked about it on another thread where it was explained everything other than fat was lean mass. It was just that my coach was concerned about it and didn't want it to keep happening. So I am thinking maybe it was the two times I scraped up massive amounts of ice and shoveled snow from my driveway. I didn't have extra packs that day...Maybe I should have?

amberjules
02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!

I had a NSV today. I was grabbing my coffee in the kitchen at work and a colleague commented about how great I looked and how much weight I lost. Apparently others have discussed it as well, because, and I quote her, "Have you seen how much weight Amber has lost?"

Totally made my day. I felt so happy, but then interestingly, I thought, why I am so happy that other people noticed? I'm very secure with myself, over weight or not. Somebody help analyze this please.

scorbett1103
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
I was thinking about why I may have lost some lean mass at weigh in this week. I talked about it on another thread where it was explained everything other than fat was lean mass. It was just that my coach was concerned about it and didn't want it to keep happening. So I am thinking maybe it was the two times I scraped up massive amounts of ice and shoveled snow from my driveway. I didn't have extra packs that day...Maybe I should have?

Your coach may be concerned because they misunderstand that lean mass and muscle aren't the same thing - not many coaches are trained in medical or fitness/weight loss outside of the IP training, so it's a common mistake. But yes, you could have tapped into some of your stores if you did strenuous exercise without compensating with a packet. Nothing to stress about - now you know for next time! But it's easy to forget that "exercise" can be found in many places outside the gym - we don't think of chores as exercise, but they sure can be!

Happy Friday Everyone!

I had a NSV today. I was grabbing my coffee in the kitchen at work and a colleague commented about how great I looked and how much weight I lost. Apparently others have discussed it as well, because, and I quote her, "Have you seen how much weight Amber has lost?"

Totally made my day. I felt so happy, but then interestingly, I thought, why I am so happy that other people noticed? I'm very secure with myself, over weight or not. Somebody help analyze this please.

Interesting question. Would you feel happy if someone acknowledged your achievement in another area? For example, if you worked hard on a project at work, and someone recognized that, would you feel the same way? I don't think it's a sign of insecurity or anything similar - as much as it's just plain nice when people notice the results of something you've worked to achieve :) Enjoy it!

lisa32989
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Dr Tran Tein is at that weekend event, as is my coach (she also has something next week so I have a sub coach for 2 weeks)
I believe Wuv will be there too.

I'm off today due to another school snow day from yesterday's sleet storm. At first I was questioning it but St Louis does a CRAPPY job with road cleaning & this wasn't just snow, it was hours of sleet. Hubby has about an 8 mile commute and he was trying to merge this am. To avoid an accident, he was forced into an unplowed lane and his little car just wouldn't go! The tow damaged the car so now we have a tow AND a future repair bill :mad: Now I'm glad I'm safe at home, nursing my sore back with stretching and ice packs and enjoying the fire in the fireplace.

I've been SUPER lazy...didn't even take a shower yesterday, although I did get to the store before the storm and made some chili. I bought a different tomato chili mix than usual (what was on sale) and BOY! is it hot! :flame: Today I'll be re-doing the chili to tone down the heat. DH is NOT a spice boy. I won't ever be buying THAT again! I'm hoping the garden I'm planning this year will yield enough tomatoes for canning, but even if it doesn't, I'll buy from the farmer's market this summer so I can just have my own canned tomatoes, rather than have to purchase.

Nolawhodatchick
02-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Posted this on maintainers, but cross-posting, hoping to get some input before tonight. scorbett, lisa??? :) It's a P4 ?, but I know some of you have been studying up for P4 :)

Can anyone advise me on dinner out tonight? I'm 4 days into maintenance and DH wants to go for Mexican. So used to doing fajita meat (beef, chicken or shrimp) and peppers, lettuce from prior phases. Now P4 rules. Thinking still I can do chicken or shrimp meat, but what else? Thinking maybe 2 small (5 inch) flour tortillas, OR rice with saffron would be ok. OR could I do some other traditional fajita dressings instead of the flour tortillas or rice, i.e. could I do the grilled peppers, lettuce, or maybe onions, tomatoes/pico? Sour cream and guac. are traditional sides, but I'm thinking too much fat for dinner, yes? So far in P4, I'm keeping dinners to lean meat and carbs (not too many) and reserving fat for bkfst, lunch. Think I'm doing something right: -1.2lbs from P3 entry weight, glycogen restores seem back, & have so much more energy than ever had on P1&2. Still unsure for tonight as I haven't eaten dinner out yet for maintenance, don't know the rules as well. Thanks for any input!!!

ragdoll74
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I did not know that Scorbett...that makes a lot of sense and makes me feel better.

You should really give boarding another try...My first day was a DISASTER, but my second day, it just "clicked" and I'm doin' jumps, riding rails and black diamonds now :-) of course I faceplanted last week and chipped my tooth...LOL

I bet your body fat % went down even though the weight loss was minimal.

I'm off today due to another school snow day from yesterday's sleet storm. At first I was questioning it but St Louis does a CRAPPY job with road cleaning & this wasn't just snow, it was hours of sleet. Hubby has about an 8 mile commute and he was trying to merge this am. To avoid an accident, he was forced into an unplowed lane and his little car just wouldn't go! The tow damaged the car so now we have a tow AND a future repair bill :mad: Now I'm glad I'm safe at home, nursing my sore back with stretching and ice packs and enjoying the fire in the fireplace.

uggggg I hope the repair cost will be minimal. Sounds like you are making the best of it with the back pain.

ginettepv
02-22-2013, 02:19 PM
A few things on this...I've been on four packets since I started but now that I'm back at my lowest point ever and very close to goal my coach decided to drop me down to 3.5 packets overall as I no longer 'need' the same amount of protein per day. We decided that I needed to halve my restricted as it was higher carb and my low losses lately likely meant that I was skimming too close to the line where ketosis is concerned.

Hi,

not sure how to use original post, but I am very interested in the fact you have used 4 packs since the beginning. How was your weight loss? I too would like to use four packs to continue my weight lifting. I have been with a personal trainer for almost two years and do not want to lose the momentum as it makes me feel soo good. I do not obviously have the endurance to even last a half hour. My coach told me to stop all cardio and only do the training as weight lifting is very good. He also trains with the same trainer and knows how he is. My trainer has adjusted the lbs for me to compensate and make sure I still do my workouts. He fully understands the IP and works around my limitations. My coach has suggested I eat lean meat before a workout to help.

Any suggestions? 4 packs?, lean meat? - I must admit even in my fourth week I am also always hungry?

I appreciate your answers.

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 02:44 PM
The cookie actually has 14 net carbs, because there are 9 grams of fiber. That's the highest fiber thing I eat these days. Who knew veggies had so little fiber? But I still am only having a cookie once per week, a bar once or twice, rounding out with peanut puffs, southwest cheese curls, and salt and vinegar crisps.

I find I have felt hungrier the last 2 weeks -- and also felt hungrier if I had an EAS Advantedge shake in place of my RTDs. Still a work in progress on where this hunger is coming from. I am not typically a hungry person.

crazynette826
02-22-2013, 02:48 PM
The new strawberry banan RTD is delicious!!! One of my new favorites!

Congrats on all the losses!! And welcome to all the new people!!

NinjaNurse
02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
A1Texan GL to onderland!! You can do it!!

Charbarot (((Hugs))) I lost my Mom 2yrs ago this March.

IPDIVAJEN (((Hugs))) as well and healthy boobie vibes to you!! I loved your flat as a pancake comment. Mine are deflated too. AND I am due for a mammogram.

M35A2 Very exciting for your coach. I'd love to meet Dr. Tien and tell him a thing or two about some of the coaches hawking his product.;):D:devil: Supposedly, a few of my coaches have met him, you'd never be able to tell.
Ojenchilada I have been feeling more hungry lately too and don't really know why. I can usually take 30mins eating my restrict and now I just want to gobble it down. I am in love with that damm Choco chip cookie now after the previous thread. Heated with a little WF choco and/or caramel sauce. OMG. DELISH!!!

One more night to work and off the w/e. The kitty saga continues and we are going to look at a cat tomorrow. If this falls though, no more looking until after Ireland. But so far so good. Also looking forward to starting another crochet project.
I think my wgt loss will be better this week. I have been peeing a lot which is something I hadn't been doing for the last couple of weeks despite my H2O intake. I KNOW I will need to drink Smooth Move every other day until I get regular.
I have already decided to take ALL the packs needed for my trip and which ones I am bringing and doing the best I can. I KNOW what to do and NOT do and am going to try not to stress about it anymore.
Off to get ready!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Y'all!!! Channeling my Sistas in the South!!!:dizzy:;)

Cheekyskeeter
02-22-2013, 03:04 PM
I too have been feeling the hunger a bit more this week. Not sure why....I haven't changed anything and still losing so just trying not to think about it. My clinic hadn't received their food shipment in yet so all I bought yesterday was the vanilla squares (quite like them!). I'm going to do my best over the next week to try and use up the many many items in my cupboard that I have bought and didn't like. I'm hoping my tastes have changed a bit and if not I'll try and use them in recipes. I will have to search out what I can do with the chili

M35A2
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
The kitty saga continues and we are going to look at a cat tomorrow. If this falls though, no more looking until after Ireland.

I am SO looking forward to our trip in Aug. Unfortunately it isn't until Aug. I'd really like to see everything blooming at Muckross House but guess we'll need to save that for another visit.

I will have to search out what I can do with the chili

We just took a bunch of hamburger and used it for seasoning. Made the hamburger less bland and the chili taste better.

My2loseW8
02-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi everyone-
I have been searching on the forums about gaining during TOM. I typically either do not lose any or very very little. Today is my weigh day and I am up 3.4! I know it has to be water weight- I have been OP. It is gross, but my breath tells me I am still in Ketosis. It has never gone up this much on IP, but could be I just never hit it during this exact time. I am just wondering if others experience this much gain? Even being OP.
OR could this be contributing: Last week I was on oral sterroids for this unexplained SI joint inflammation (still lost weight- off them now). Last night I forgot to take my anti-inflammatory meds. Could that add to it? (sore today). Sorry so many questions!
Thank you!
~My

ginettepv
02-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Steroids will do it every time. That is what got me where I am today. Had to take my steroids for my asthma and gained 5-10, sometimes 20 lbs depending how long I was on them. I would bet that is it.

scorbett1103
02-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone-
I have been searching on the forums about gaining during TOM. I typically either do not lose any or very very little. Today is my weigh day and I am up 3.4! I know it has to be water weight- I have been OP. It is gross, but my breath tells me I am still in Ketosis. It has never gone up this much on IP, but could be I just never hit it during this exact time. I am just wondering if others experience this much gain? Even being OP.
OR could this be contributing: Last week I was on oral sterroids for this unexplained SI joint inflammation (still lost weight- off them now). Last night I forgot to take my anti-inflammatory meds. Could that add to it? (sore today). Sorry so many questions!
Thank you!
~My

Yes to all of the above.
TOM causes water weight bloat
Sterioids cause temporary gain
Inflammation causes water weight gain.

Sounds like it was a perfect storm - but the good news is you know it isn't fat and once all of this clears up you should Whoosh like a pro :)

LosingLawyer
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully the repair bill will be minimal. Thankfully your hubby is okay.

I find I have felt hungrier the last 2 weeks -- and also felt hungrier if I had an EAS Advantedge shake in place of my RTDs. Still a work in progress on where this hunger is coming from. I am not typically a hungry person.

During the first 6 months or so I would have occasional hungry spells (which usually meant a whoosh was coming). Recently (the past couple of months) I was hungry all the time, which I think was the effect of too much exercise and not enough food. I've modified the plan now to resolve that. I was on 4 packets since the beginning, but when I was truly hungry (especially on weightlifting days), I was never shy about having an extra hard boiled egg or some extra protein to quell the hunger.

Ojenchilada
02-22-2013, 04:01 PM
During the first 6 months or so I would have occasional hungry spells (which usually meant a whoosh was coming).

:crossed::crossed::crossed:

Charbarot
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM
First, let me start by saying thank you to all for your very kind words and words of encouragement. I almost died when I weighed in at 189.2 today. I didn't realize I'd gained so much. But today is a new day and the start of a new life. So excited about this diet. Can't wait to post a 'ticker'. Have to run. Have a basketball playoff games to go to. I'll be back later. Have a wonderful night all:wave:

SDChickie
02-22-2013, 04:14 PM
You did the Spartan?? That's awesome! I am doing Tough Mudder this summer! What did you do to train for the race? I am concerned about waiting too long before getting back to the gym (bootcamp classes) and not being prepared for the race...I know that I can't do the bootcamp classes on P1 I get very lightheaded doing anything physical right now...including bringing in wood for the fire...I'd love to hear how you prepared and how hard/easy the race itself was for you!

I actually didn't do a whole lot, as I didn't decide until just a few weeks before that I was going to run it. Initially, I was just going to watch and volunteer, just to get a feel for them. I had already been running 1-3 mile stretches and then just added in some light strength training... resistance bands and some machine and free weights for arms/chest... and, of course, added burpees in 30 rep increments (since 30 burpees are the penalty for failing a Spartan Race obstacle). I took my time on the race and only failed 3 obstacles--the rope climb, the traverse wall, and the monkey bars--all of which involved upper body strength that I just don't have yet, as well as grip strength that I need to work on. Didn't do NEARLY as many burpees as I'd expected to have to to do! I successfully completed the other 12+ obstacles and LOVED every minute of it. Which is why I'm not waiting until October, which is the first one I'd originally signed up for. Instead, I'm busting our budget (Hello, IP costs AND travelling costs?! Hubby is in shock!) and signing up for Spartans all around the country. I'm getting my trifecta this year. :)

If you are on facebook, check out the Spartan Chicked group. The chicks are an AMAZING resource for all sorts of support!

And feel free to PM me. I'm now a Spartan addict, so I'll be glad to answer any questions you have! :D

My2loseW8
02-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Thank you for the responses scorbett1103 and ginettepv- I do appreciate it. I was trying not to freak out :) I lost this three last week, so it was pretty sucky today! Stupit sucky perfect storm! LOL But I am hoping for the woosh fairy!!!:crossed:
Charbarot- again welcome and that is just the begining number! You can do it!
IPDivajen- :hug: I am with NinjaNurse on the healthy boobie vibe!
~My

De11s
02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
WI was Wed night, down another .6 always hoping for more but we will see how things go, thinking it may be TOM creeping up on me. Big Girls night party on Sun for the Emmy,s red carpet paparazzi and all, I will be drinking sparkling water with lemon and very careful about food praying there are some good options, ok just checked out the menu..not looking good I will be eating before I go and taking a handy IP packet for later. Still will have a wonderful 100% OP evening. :hat:

NinjaNurse
02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I am SO looking forward to our trip in Aug. Unfortunately it isn't until Aug. I'd really like to see everything blooming at Muckross House but guess we'll need to save that for another visit.

Have you ever been before??? If you have any ???? let me know!! You can PM me. Ask Chloe222, I am a closeted travel agent.:dizzy:;)

During the first 6 months or so I would have occasional hungry spells (which usually meant a whoosh was coming). Recently (the past couple of months) I was hungry all the time, which I think was the effect of too much exercise and not enough food. I've modified the plan now to resolve that. I was on 4 packets since the beginning, but when I was truly hungry (especially on weightlifting days), I was never shy about having an extra hard boiled egg or some extra protein to quell the hunger.

From your post to my scale. It's been a crappy (or not depending on how you look at it) couple of weeks!!

Easystreet3
02-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Can someone please tell me....is rhubarb allowed in Phase 1? I asked my coach and she said no, but then I saw it on the unrestricted veggie list?:?:

LizJazz
02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Advice please: this is my eating schedule. Do you think I am going too long between supper and breakfast?
7am-packet
11am-veg and packet
2pm-bar
5pm-meat and veg

lisa32989
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Advice please: this is my eating schedule. Do you think I am going too long between supper and breakfast?
7am-packet
11am-veg and packet
2pm-bar
5pm-meat and veg
More importantly, is this schedule working for you?

Can someone please tell me....is rhubarb allowed in Phase 1? I asked my coach and she said no, but then I saw it on the unrestricted veggie list?:?:
Wow. Yes. It is allowed.
Take your P1 sheet to your coach and ask if maybe she heard you asking a different question.

LizJazz
02-22-2013, 06:17 PM
I jut wanted to make sure my body wasn't going into starvation mode overnight. I have been reading the old threads because I may switch to alternatives for a while-they said on there that you should be having my snack later on in the night.

lisa32989
02-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I jut wanted to make sure my body wasn't going into starvation mode overnight. I have been reading the old threads because I may switch to alternatives for a while-they said on there that you should be having my snack later on in the night.
21 lbs in 5 weeks! It looks like it is working!
Week 4 or 5 tends to be a smaller loss...I hope your coach mentioned it.
The body is readjusting!

Tziri
02-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Well I just went to my WI and my coach said they haven't heard anything about Spinach being unlimited. She said they were told that if you are just throwing a little bit in a mixed salad then you do not have to count it. They hadn't received any updated sheet or anything either. So, I'm going to keep counting my 1 1/2c spinach in my latte towards veggies.

LizJazz
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
My coach is really no help. I learn more from you lovely ladies (and men) here. Thanks!!!

ladylunk
02-22-2013, 06:52 PM
TZIRI - Thanks for checking. I guess it's a good thing I didn't add spinach just because I could to my afternoon choclate drink. Will have to wait and see what others say after asking their coaches. I won't see mine until next Thursday. I was kind of hoping it would be a freebie.

M35A2
02-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Have you ever been before??? If you have any ???? let me know!! You can PM me. Ask Chloe222, I am a closeted travel agent.

This is our 2nd trip (9/2010 first trip). We're taking my brother and his family with us this time so get to play tour director for them.

bubbleblower
02-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Busy day here today so this is the first time I'm checking in. Had my IP Cappuccino and headed off into town for some shopping with the family. Had a nice lunch of romaine w/grilled mahi (brought my own dressing) while everyone else munched on sandwiches and fries. My lunch suited me just fine. Had my normal snack bar when we got back, and then just visited with friends and worked on putting my photos together for a brief slide show. Now we're off to dinner (I'm thinking of a burger sans roll, with a side salad. All in all, not a bad day, IP wise (or otherwise!).

Back to the land of the cold soon!! Brrrrrrr!!!

ginettepv
02-22-2013, 09:14 PM
:?::?:arthritis question:

Has anyone's arthritis flared up since on IP. I am finding my joints (especially my hands and shoulders) are really aching even with my anti-inflammatory pills? suggestions?:?::?:

scorbett1103
02-22-2013, 09:16 PM
:?::?:arthritis question:

Has anyone's arthritis flared up since on IP. I am finding my joints (especially my hands and shoulders) are really aching even with my anti-inflammatory pills? suggestions?:?::?:

That's strange because IP is usually pretty anti-inflammatory. Have you ever experienced issues with soy or whey/milk products? Maybe an allergy to a particular sweetener?

ginettepv
02-22-2013, 09:40 PM
That's strange because IP is usually pretty anti-inflammatory. Have you ever experienced issues with soy or whey/milk products? Maybe an allergy to a particular sweetener?

no not usually, but my hands have been soo achy this week, just wondering since it's my fourth week?

IP43
02-22-2013, 11:53 PM
My mom is a walking barometer -- can predict the weather by her aches and pains -- and she's noticing lots these days but it's been a really "odd" winter here for weather, so perhaps you're experiencing a similar thing and are affected by temperature or air pressure changes?? She's not on IP but feelin' the weather these days, so hers wouldn't be diet related.

mompattie
02-22-2013, 11:55 PM
I hear us lucky folks in Saskatchewan are getting a warm BC something or an other. What do they call that, a warm front? Geez. LOL! Anyways, temps next week in single digits. Minus but single!!! Ill take it!

LizRR
02-23-2013, 12:30 AM

Well - at least one of y'all can read the sheet! Rhubarb is such a treat!

7am-packet
11am-veg and packet
2pm-bar
5pm-meat and veg

This was my exact eating schedule throughout Phase 1 shifted by 1 hour (8am/12pm/4pm/7pm), the "starvation mode" theory is a mixture of the old dieting theories from programs different than IP.

JenRem
02-23-2013, 12:57 AM

Hope all goes well. I try to live by "don't worry until there is something to worry about". Please, let us know when you know. :hug:

CONGRATS on ONDERLAND :carrot: WTG!

Last year was a horrible year for me...surgery, losing my younger sister unexpectedly. Had a very hard time coping and found solace in eating. But I can't blame my weight totally on that. Need to make changes in my life...today will be the start <3

So sorry for your loss. :hug:
Also, don't stress about your beginning number. It is what it is! The important thing is you have a plan. This should now be your focus. And in a week you will have your first WI and the excitement that comes with seeing the scale move in the downward direction!

Big Girls night party on Sun for the Emmy,s red carpet paparazzi and all, I will be drinking sparkling water with lemon and very careful about food praying there are some good options, ok just checked out the menu..not looking good I will be eating before I go and taking a handy IP packet for later. Still will have a wonderful 100% OP evening. :hat:

Yes, enjoy the party and spend it having fun and visiting with friends - not eating unhealthy food. You will do great and will be surprised at the end of the night, when you really enjoyed yourself and didn't have food be the reason. Make sure to take some fresh veggies that you can have and snack on!

Back to the land of the cold soon!! Brrrrrrr!!!

It's always a bummer when a really good vacation is ending. Back to reality :( Thanks for sharing your dive stories and letting us live a little vicariously through you these past two weeks!

I hope to be going back to Grand Cayman April 2014 for 2 weeks! Jen