Old 02-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #1  

Default Belly Fat Cure Questions

I am trying to find the perfect balance in low carb dieting and have become interested in BFC. I was on South Beach, but without structure I over did it with carbs. I think I need ways of limiting them better. Also, limiting sugar would be a good idea for me. Additionally, I have a diabetic friend with some health issues that I hope will be motivated to try it (but not counting on it).
Here are my questions:

Which book? I am interested in the fast track book, but would like some feedback.

The BFC website: is it worth it to join? Are there other websites or blogs that are free and cover the BFC diet?

What are some of the obstacles you have faced while on the diet?

How do track your sugar and carbs? Computer, smartphone, spreadsheet, diary?

I know there is a thread on this diet from last year, but my internet is slow.
Thanks for the answers.

Tracy
1961tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi Tracy

I did the fast track program last spring and lost weight on it...I am going to start it again soon.

I think the problem I had on it is transitioning from fast track to doing it the regular way. I don't like counting carbs or sugar grams so I had problems doing that....the plus was that I felt better on this than I did on Atkins Induction.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 PM   #3  

I have a huge carb problem. Nothing seems to work cause' I loves the fries ...
marcwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #4  

Default Bfc?

Is there any recent forums on the BFC? Seems like there is no one on this eating plan here or anywhere else.
pskube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/203/145

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies,
i'm on day 6 doing the fast track and have (as of today) lost 5 lbs. The scale seems to be moving when it never did and Im ecstatic.
My aunt lost about 10 dress sizes following the fast track but mind you she continued with the original 2 week program for about 2 months. Now shes a snug size 4 but shes never been a size 6 in her life and that's a milestone. Shes in the maintenance phase now..

My only problem is the breakfast. I am not an egg eater. I like things in moderation so when I start this I'll do ok but then I'll want variation in eating.
Currently Im boiling eggs for breakfast with a cup of decaf tea, for lunch I have a salad with broiled or baked chicken, and for dinner its either steamed veggies or another salad.
I see a huge difference already in what my stomach was and is now!
Love it! Post any questions and I'll be happy to answer!!
maanubilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133/132/120

Height: 5'2''

i have just started the belly fat cure....rather than do the menus exactly I am sticking to 15/6 sugar carb rule. Do you think that is ok?
danic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #7  

danic,

Just staying true to that number of grams of carbs and sugar per meal worked for many others in the past. You have to see if it works for you.

Regular BFC is the easier of the 2 plans. It all depends on how carb and grain tolerant you are.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/183/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile I've been on belly fat cure fast track 2 weeks - Down 10 lbs!

My husband and I have been on the Belly Fat Cure Diet Fast Track for about 2 weeks and I've lost 10. He's lost 8. Of course he has much less to lose. We plan to continue on the BFCD Fast Track since we really have had no problem staying on the diet, especially if we are prepared with snacks when we are out of the house. I probably do not drink enough water so I hope to increase that and start exercising this week as I know weight loss should slow down to no more than about 2 pounds a week after the first 2 weeks. We learned about this diet from our neighbors who did it and both lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. So far we have no complaints. Of course I'd love more fruit, but I do love the dark chocolate and hot tea at night

Check out Pinterest for lots of Belly Fat Cure Recipes! Facebook too!
h82bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #9  
www.getslimquick.net

Curious to hear how things have gone with the BFC.. ??
BriB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #10  

Bringing this thread back to life.....doing fast track this week. So far so good...hoping to lose ten lbs by valentines day.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

What is the BFC and how do you do it?
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #12  

BFC was created by Jorge Cruise. He has some books out on it....basically it is all about limiting sugar. its a low carb plan. I used to do atkins but found it to be a bit too extreme and made me feel sickly during induction. This is a way to eat low carb without ketosis and it works well for me. I am not sure why more people aren't doing it.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Can someone explain Fast Track?

I am really not following a plan now but have NO sugar (except for some Splenda in an almost-daily coffee) and no grains (except for an occasional snack of pretzels still I eat them all). It's meat protein; vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, salad (with blue cheese dressing); eggs; cheese; an occasional snack of sunflower seeds or peanuts (which are not low carb but just getting rid of them); and a ton of water.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #14  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I have not tried the fast track diet by Jorge Cruise, but I did do the Belly Fat Cure diet two years ago for about three months and lost 26 pounds.

I missed eating fruit, and once in awhile, I would sneak in a piece or two of apple, grape, orange, blueberries, or strawberries by counting the grams out so that I didn't go over the sugar aspect of it. I have a scale at home, and used Fit Day to adjust the gram amounts til I found out how much I could eat without going over the 5 grams of sugar per meal (for three meals a day, not to go over 15 grams per day). I also missed sweet potatoes and did the same thing, lol. Still, I lost 26 pounds and it wasn't that hard in terms of I was never hungry and felt decent on it- I still got to eat my chips with a sandwich at lunch (my biggest weakness is chips or Frito's Corn Chips!).

I found that a lot of my recipes don't really fit with this diet, unfortunately, for one reason or another. For me, it's a bit restrictive, but not as bad as Atkins, thank goodness!

Also, my cholesterol went up while I was on this diet, but my sugars were excellent. However, I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea back in September, and I heard from my nurse PC that it can affect cholesterol, high blood pressure, and other medical issues. So, I can't truly say that it was caused by this diet, but I do urge you to check your cholesterol before starting this diet, and having it checked again after two to three months, just to make sure it doesn't go up (the bad cholesterol). I also do recall on his forum, several people complained about their cholesterol going up when they were on this diet. Again, I cannot say for sure it was this diet that caused mine to do so, so please just be careful.

A lot of these low carb diets cut out a lot of good nutrition that fruits and veggies provide. I find that when I do try to lose weight, the more fruit and veggies I eat, the better I feel. I can't take in huge amounts of protein myself- that's why Atkins didn't work for me- it made me sick to my stomach, and I literally could not look at any meat protein for days until my body got back to normal. My doctor forbid me for going on it, saying it was too much (the protein) on my kidney, and he was concerned that it could cause problems, especially since my Mom died from kidney cancer. I tried Atkins three times, had the same sick feeling each time, and went to the doctor the last time, to see if there was something wrong. So, if you have a history of kidney problems in your family, please please ask your doctor if it is ok to go on a low carb diet. I've had the advice of several doctors as well as nurse PC's tell me that while it works wonders for some, for others it is dangerous. Find out before you do any low carb diet if it will be ok for YOU.

That said, I have several friends that have lost a lot of weight on low carb diets. I think it is wonderful! They look and feel the best they ever had in their life. It truly does wonders for some people, and that's awesome! But, as I always say, one size DOES NOT fit all! What works for one person could be toxic to another.

Last edited by Steelslady; 02-11-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote