Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready to Try again... #334

2cute2Bfat
05-13-2003, 05:43 PM
WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

2cute2Bfat
05-13-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi guys.... No time to post. Just figured someone would have started a new thread by now... so I did it again. I don't want to monopolize that job... so please feel free to jump right in and do it any time we have 28 or more posts. ;)

I came in to remind all of you fellow American Idol fans that Oprah is about American Idol today. I am going to go watch it. I just LOVE that show ... not as much as Tina loves Tony but I love it a LOT. :lol:

I probably won't be back until tonight. After Oprah I have errands to run and then tonight I sit my big butt in front of that TV from 7-8 pm. :o LOL

peekabooangel
05-13-2003, 06:09 PM
2 cute: I was gonna start a new one, then everytime I thought of it someone would post, then I got busy and well you know the story....LOL sorry......

But: I am posting now so I will now when more people post...lol

QueenB
05-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Well, I had an epiphany of sorts today as well. I was thinking about how each person's eating choices and lifestyle needs to be ajusted to their needs and not necessarily the needs and guidelines of others. For example, yes....I know it is a good idea to not eat after 8:00pm. I know calories not worked off will sit and turn to fat. Not eating after 8:00 is a great idea when I'm working and I have to get up the next day. However, when I'm not working, I like to stay up late...sometimes till 2:00 or 3:00am. If I cut myself off at 8:00, I'm getting hungry late in the night and if I start eating, then I feel bad because I've went past the "8:00 rule" and that leads to more eating, and then I just say, "Well crap....I'll just go ahead and blow it." So, my epiphany is: Design the program that best meets your needs. Just because something works really well for others, doesn't necessarily mean it will work well for you. So, on the days that I'm off, I'm going to allow myself to eat later in the evening, but no later that 12:00. Usually, when I'm up late, I exercise anyways....so it usually all balances out.

I have found when I try to cusomize my eating program based on what another person has done or is doing, it doesn't always work. As long as you stay within eating guidelines, you drink you water and exercise, I feel a little juggling (time-wise) will not hurt you, but will help you in the long run.

It's not perfect, but it has helped me. :smug:

I'll be back later....kids are hollering for dinner. What's a Mom to do? :lol:

kidmeister
05-13-2003, 07:14 PM
:cry: Now is when I need you all more than ever. My family is falling apart! Not my immediate family, but my Dad, Brother, and Grandparents. You see, my Mom left my Dad 2 yrs ago and that was a big shock and a big hurdle, but we got through it well now she is getting the divorce and it is getting nasty. :mad: Well my brother was the one thing that I could count on to hold what little bit of family we had left together. Well I tried to sell him a car and it turned out he wasnt interested and then he changed his mind and I said just forget it, it was too much hassle and now he is mad at me. My Dad hasnt called me in a couple of months, I just feel like since my Mom divorced him that the rest of them divorced me because I still talk to my mom and dont want to hear them put her down, but what they dont know is that I tell her the same thing, I dont want to hear bad things about them. :mad: We Just had a huge fight, (my brother and I) And now I feel like everyone is really going to blame me. I am just very sad,:( , frustrated,:mad: and dont know what to do. Please help.

bobsgal
05-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Deon - sorry you are having family problems. I'm really not of much help since my parents are still married and I haven't had to go through a divorce. All I can do is offer to listen. Feel free to come here and vent about all your frustrations. We will listen and offer any advice that we can. Maybe just being able to talk about with someone who isn't biased will be a help to you.
Tina- I like your epiphany as well. How true! What works for some doesn't work for all. Do what works for you.
I decided to call out of work tonight. I'm just feeling a little tired so I want a night to relax with the family since I don't have off again until Saturday and that is only because I have a wedding to go to. Well I'm going to veg on the couch before getting the kids in the tub. I think I might haveto take a bubble bath myself tonight. Sounds good to me.
Steph

katrinabgood
05-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Deon, I can only speak from my own experience with my family of mixed nuts about what has worked for me. It took a long time, but I have finally realized that my 3 brothers, my sister and I are all grown up now. What they do, unless it has a direct bearing on my family, (dh and kids) is their own business. I will not get in between any one that is fighting, and I will not take sides, it isn't worth it. As for my parents, I love them, but they don't come first...my husband and kids are my #1 priority. A lot of tears and a whole lot of guilt brought me to this point, I'm on good terms with all but one, and I just don't have much to do with him. If I see him, I'm civil...but it's like we're acquaintances...If I dwell on it, it makes me sad that my brother and I have come to this, but he's made his choices...my sister, on the other hand, HATES him, and just keeps that hate alive and it's making her miserable. I try to convince her to just let go of all those negative feelings, but...that's a whole other story.

Another thing I've observed, but have never experienced firsthand...NEVER borrow money or buy/sell something, like a car, from a relative! At least not mine!

Sorry, that's the best I can do...I hope it all works out for you.

Tina...you smart cookie! Don't you love when the light bulb comes on and...VOILA! YOU GET IT! I have to fiddle around with my meals too, working nights. I try not to eat too much before bed, in the morning...breakfast is mid-late afternoon...etc whatever works, right?

I was going to share my own epiphany with you, (must be something in the air!) but I have to scurry off to the gym. I'll tell you when I get back!

loranden
05-13-2003, 07:49 PM
Good evening, my beautiful friends!

Today was spent redecorating (yes again:D )--I decided since I had so much open space in the bedroom to move the computer and its desk in here, along with the smaller TV (it has the cooler remote ;) ). It actually looks a lot better!

The chair I had in the bedroom got moved to the living room, being it is blue, it matches the blue flowers on the sofa cover as well as the blue lamp (I love blue!) The bedroom is blue, pink and white with light furniture, the living room blue and ivory with darker furniture. I am rather pleased with myself :yes: (Just think of all the exercise I got too :cp: )! Plus the maintenance man is coming with new blinds for the living room tomorrow.

The winds have finally died down to 15-25 miles an hour--still breezy, but not as bad as it was over the weekend and yesterday. :no: The rain is gone too--going to be NICE tomorrow! :cb:

Tina-Two words about adjusting our plans to our individual needs RIGHT ON! :cp: Every person is different; I tried the "nothing after 8:00PM" rule and I ended up either waking up ravenous in the middle of the night, or nauseated the next day. So I do have a little snack, whether it be fruit, a Snackwell cookie or two, a boiled egg, or my bowl of Special K Red Berries. They kill the hunger without giving me heartburn!:o

Deon-Sounds like you are going through a terrible time. We are here for you at any time. Hang in there :grouphug:

Sandy--LOVE those rules from the Male Side!:lol: Typical guys :D

For the rest of you, glad to see your posts, especially you 2Cute--you always crack me up at one time or another!:lol:

BarbPA
05-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!!
Stopping by to see how everyone is doing!! I had a pretty good day --- got out of work at a decent time, exercised while watching the Oprah show which I recorded, had a nice healthy dinner -- even ate at the kitchen table, watched American Idol and now I am winding down and about ready to hit the hay!!!

Sandy - I got a good laugh at the list of rules. It's sad how many are true! ;)

Tracy - Congrats on another good day! Did you get a scale? I am finally glad to have a good one. I bought the digital Tanita - it weighs to the .2 of a pound. The old dial scale was so hard for me to read correctly! I try to weigh myself only once a week but sometimes I can't help but hop on in the morning just to see....:^:

Michelle - I am going to have to try the Philly Swirls next time I buy my after dinner treats. Right now I have the Acme low-fat creamsicles in the freezer --- Yummy! I imagine the Philly Swirls may be a local thing - not sure. Sounds like you still aren't feeling great --- maybe some chix noodle soup? Hang in there!

2cute - I watched the Oprah show today as I walked on the treadmill. It was fun to see the behind the scenes stuff -- those kids sure do work hard. What did you think of the show tonight? They were all great! I have been leaning towards Ruben all along, but really liked Clay tonight. Next week should be good - I'll be gone so I'll be setting the VCR.

Tina - By golly - you've got it!!!! You've got to figure out what works for you and stick with it! That is what has really got me going with my change of lifestyle --- I am no longer listening to what everyone else does and says -- I am gathering as much information as I can and finding my own way. You are really getting back on track!!! Way to go!!! :D

Deon ---- {{{{HUGS}}}} I am so sorry you are having a hard time with your family! I don't know what to say, but it looks like you've gotten some other supportive suggestions!!! I'll be thinking about you and hoping things are looking up!

Steph --- oh - a bubble bath sounds so good!!! I hope you had a a relaxing evening.

Kat --- I'm glad to hear you are heading to the gym again tonight...but I can't wait to hear your epiphany!

Lori --- my, my you've been a busy little girl today!!! It's so much fun to rearrange and decorate things --- they feel new all over again.

Well, gals - I think I am going to head off to bed. Sweet Dreams to all! Talk to you tomorrow!
Barb
:flow2:

katrinabgood
05-13-2003, 10:55 PM
I was outside, doing some gardening today. I have a large flower bed in front of the house, about 4-5 feet deep and maybe 12 feet wide. There are some shrubs and some perennials there, but I leave room up front to plant annuals each spring...begonias or marigolds or petunias. With all the rain and snow we've had, there are LOTS of weeds going strong already, not to mention all the maple "whirlybird" seeds ALL over the place. I stood out there today, totally overwhelmed, not having a clue where to start and thinking, "I will NEVER get through all this, there's just TOO MUCH to do!" Then I thought of my friend, Flylady, who preaches, "You can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes!" As overwhelming as any task can be, whatever you can accomplish in 15 minutes, WILL make a difference. After the time is up, you decide...maybe you'll say, "That's it! I'm done!" and it's OK ~or~ you may think, "Well, that wasn't too bad, maybe I can do just a little more!" (Generally, you'll want to do a little more because you are so pleased with the results that you got in only 15 minutes!

You following me so far? :no: Hang in there...

Okay, so there I was, down in the dirt. I figured that I would just concentrate on one small area at a time...maybe a foot square. Well, how hard is it to pick a few weeds out of such a small area? :shrug: No problem! I had my bucket with me, in which to toss the weeds, and my little claw to turn the dirt over after I cleared it...As I'm moving through the bed in this way, (cheerfully because it's not hard to work such a small area)...I HAD AN EPIPHANY! :chin: I realized that the huge flower bed is like the amount of weight that I want to lose. Sometimes it is just utterly OVERWHELMING to think in terms of how much need to be done...I could stand there and moan about how hard it's going to be, or how long it's going to take, or how it'll just come back anyway...~OR~ I can gather my tools, concentrate on just getting started, and take one little step at a time... I also realized that it's okay to make mistakes! As I tossed out something that I planted last year that didn't make it through the winter, it occured to me that...well, if the low fat thing doesn't work well for me, maybe the low carb thing wlll! (so far so good!) I will throw away the perfectionist attitude! So what if I don't lose 10 lbs the first week? Am I moving in the right direction? :yes: Am I doing what needs to be done to get the job done? :yes: Then that's all I need to know. The rest will follow.

So I will "water my garden" and "feed it well" and I will be patient...

So there's my epiphany...anyone else?

2cute2Bfat
05-14-2003, 12:24 AM
WOW !!! All of these great words of wisdom coming out of everyone.
And what do I write ...... "mosey on over and pull up a stump and spit " :o ... :lol:
It is a wonder you guys let me hang out in here. LOL

Deon... my heart goes out to you. I hate conflict among family and friends.
And I used to always try and solve everyones problems and point out all of the different view points to make others understand what the others felt. BUT... I finally learned... it is their life and their decisions and I don't need to add my 2cents anymore.
I have always played the role of "savior" and "peace maker".
Well ... in doing that... I was losing myself and my own peace.
I now "force myself" to stay out of it. I still "want" to save everyone... but I no longer do it. If they want to hang themselves... I let them.
And there is NO WAY I get in the middle of divorcing couples... be it family, friends or posters. I know it is HARD on you... especially being your parents. But they are grown adults... and so are your siblings. Make the decisions that are right for YOU and YOUR family and if others don't agree.... that is okay too. I like the motto....
"I am not doing this to hurt you... I am doing this to help me."
{{{ HUGS }}}

Barb... I enjoyed Oprah but not like I do the REAL SHOW.
Weren't they GOOD tonight. :D All three should stay but I know they can't. Reuben's last song was so good. But I thought Clay was definitely the best overall tonight. It is going to be soooo hard to watch tomorrow night. :( I love all three.

Lori... I have been rearranging all day too.
I bought a new curio cabinet (Mothers Day gift) to put some of the glassware and keepsakes that were my parents. They delivered it today and I can't find a home for it. :rolleyes:
I have tried several locations and it just doesn't fit in. Grrr
It matches my new bedroom furniture more than my living room furniture... but I don't have room in my bedroom for it.
My taste in furniture is changing somewhat.
I think the problem is... the new cabinet I bought is beautiful... and my old living room furniture IS NOT. :eek: LOL
I guess I will just have to buy ALL NEW FURNITURE. :lol:
Just kidding... my husband would KILL ME first. LOL

Okay ladies... I am gone for the night.
I have TON or work to do. I have emptied ALL of my cabinets and shelves rearranging and now I need to go put them all back together again. It will probably take me two days to get it all put together again.
The funny/sad thing is.... Everything is going right back where it started. :yikes:
I ended up only moving one love seat. Geezzzz I waste a LOT of time with indecisions.

PheonixRising
05-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Well, I'm really proud of myself. I did a really good job shopping and my daughter and I had fun.:p We did eat at McDonald's and I had a cheeseburger and fries with a real pop. (I normally only drink Diet Pepsi, problem is I hate Diet Coke and won't drink it.) It was only a small pop though. It was a lot less than I would normally have eaten, but I was satisfied so I didn't go grocery shopping feeling deprived and hungry.:cool:

We started in the produce section and loaded up on yummy vegis of all sort. Then we hit the meat department, and since I didn't have my hubby with me I didn't buy any red meat. We got a few canned goods (I always build a bit of back up fruit and tomatoes for when I'm out of fresh) So we had a pretty good shopping trip. Here's one piece of advice I try to follow when shopping that is to shop mostly the perimeter. That is where the produce, fresh meat, dairy and bread departments are. The food in the middle of the store is generally more processed so you want to avoid the center as much as possible.

Well, so it went really well. When I got home I was really tired, what with the two hours of driving and listening to the constant chatter of a four year old :dizzy: and my hubby wanted to know what was for dinner. :shrug: I wasn't sure what I wanted to make, so as I was unpacking he saw some roasted turkey I got in the meat dept. and had the deli slice and he decided sandwiches sounded good. (At least it wasn't that hard.) I chopped up a bunch of vegis so we had turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread with sprouts, tomatos, and onions, tomato soup, and red pepper sticks. He complained about all the vegis, but I was proud of myself.:smug: I love vegis. ( I used to be a vegetarian) My daughter was a kick too, she was eating the vegis up almost as soon as I could cut them. :lol: She can be a real inspiration. She loves apples, so I got a big bag of apples and that and some yogurt was what she wanted as a snack on the way home. So I had a bottle of water and an apple too. I was shocked that I felt so full after just one apple too.

So overall, I'm happy about the trip. There was the McDonald's thing, but I can live with that!!! I could have done so much worse. The whole trip was a step in the right direction.:D So I still don't have time for individual replies right now, but I promise I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. Tomorrow night is chat too, isn't it? See you ladies later.

kidmeister
05-14-2003, 04:14 AM
Thank you all for all your support. I really needed that. :) I am doing better now, my brother and I will get through this, we talked and I think we are good for now. He is the only one in that side of the family that has even tried to keep the family together and stay in contact with me and we are real close so it hurts alot when we are not talking or getting along. As far as my parents, I think 2cute said it, "they are adults". Well I just wish they would act like it. I try to stay out of it but they just seem to always drag me into it. My Mom seems to think she has to keep me informed of the whole divorce and every move she is making and I could care less, I dont want to know anything about it. and then my Dad well he does the same thing, thinks he has to tell me every move she is making and how mad he is and how she is just screwing him over and I really dont want to hear that either. But how do you tell your parents to shut up and leave me out of it? I tried that with my mom once and boy was it a mistake, I didnt hear from her for a couple of months and if I did it was just very cold. And my Dad I tried to tell him I didnt want to talk about it and he got all defensive and said I was just taking her side. See what I mean I wish they would act like adults!! And then my grandparents, his parents, he is an only child btw, and they have always loved my mom and treated her with nothing but respect and now all of a sudden they hate her and my grandma can be a very mean woman and all she does is tell me how she is sooo wrong, and my grandpa, well call me petty but I am afraid he will cut me out of the will, he has never liked anyone but the only way he shows he cares for his family is by including you in the will so it is very bad if he cuts you out, and he has the deed to our house, which is promised to us and I am afraid of being put out of a house, and cant afford rent at this time, since we havent had to pay rent in 10 yrs. So do you all see my dilemma?? I am very screwed up and so is my family. I think you are all right though I just need to concentrate on my family and we are doing well right now and I want it to stay that way, so I wont let this get in the way of my happiness.

Once again thank you all for listening, I really just needed to vent, and boy did I.:yes:

Grannie39074
05-14-2003, 08:19 AM
See all of you at chat tonight 7:00 central

Terri in MO
05-14-2003, 08:49 AM
I used to post over on the WW100 thread - well have for almost three years - and its dying out. I used to post with Thin and J-Ann. I have to admit, I've been lurking for awhile because you gals seem to have such a good group going. I miss the really active days that we used to have so I guess I figure I need to find a new home. Its lonely over there!!

I'm doing WW too but I go only every other week. I'm also trying to boost my exercise level because that is the main driver for me to actually lose the fat. This over 40 body is holding on to it much too well!

I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with individual replies all the time but I hope you don't mind if I join in for some comraderie, laughs and support.

Take care!

BarbPA
05-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Rise and Shine!
:flow1:

Good morning all! I hope everyone woke up on the right side of the bed this morning! Today is off to a good start for me -- mostly because I am working from home and get to skip the commute today! Yea! I've already cleaned one bathroom, picked up a little, showered and after I post here I'll start on my work. I'm having lunch today with a couple girlfriends which is always fun! I've never been to the restaurant we are going to, but one of my friends faxed me the menu --- this way I can decide on something healthy before I even get there! :cbg:

Kat --- Thanks for sharing - you are right! I love that everyone shares their breakthroughs -- that way we can all learn and grow together. Not only did I gain alot of insight from your thoughts, but now I may not be as leary about getting out into my flower beds!!! :lol:

2Cute --- wellllll, of course you have to have new furniture to go with the new cabinet --- men just don't understand! ;)

Amanda --- Bravo girl!! Good job on the shopping trip!!! I love the "perimeter" shopping -- I never thought about it, but it's so true!

Deon ---- I'm glad to hear that you and your brother have talked. You sure have quite a family dilemma on your hands --- of course you don't need me to point that out! Hang in there!

Mary --- I'll try to be at chat tonight! American Idol is on at 8:30ET, so I might only be there a short time. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Terri ---- WELCOME!!!! Great to have you!!! This is such a great place!!! :spin:

Well, it's time for me to start working. I'll check in with everyone later!
Love,
Barb
:wave:

BarbPA
05-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Is everybody still asleep? :)

I am getting ready to go meet my friends for lunch --- Guess what??? I am wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in about 2 years! :D That should be motivation to have a healthy lunch!!!

I hope you're all having a good day so far!

Barb
:cb:

katrinabgood
05-14-2003, 02:27 PM
THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS TO SUCCESS.

There's a price to pay if you want to make things better, and a price to pay for just leaving things as they are.

Whatever you want in life, you must give up something to get it.

The greater the value, the greater the sacrifice required of you.

Nothing worthwhile ever comes easily.

Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.

Use your imagination more than your memory to achieve success.

There is no success at bargain basement prices.

The highway to success is a toll road.

Everything has a price.

Author: Unknown

robntracy
05-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Good afternoon ladies!! It is another beautiful day here in SC. Of course every day is beautiful when I treat myself right. I went to the gym again last night and I am feeling it today. I am going back again tonight. Gotta get what I can out of my free pass.

I bought a scale last night too. It is a good one so now I have a starting weight down at the bottom of my post. Actually it is 12 pounds lighter than I weighed 2 weeks ago at the mall, but I will call it my starting weight. I am going to weigh in every Wednesday from now on. You will be seeing less and less of me :lol:

Barb- Hey girl!! I bet it feels good to work from home. I wish I could find a job that allows me to work from home.

determined to succeed- I am sorry. When I hit reply it doesnt show your name. I wanted to say WELCOME :)

Mary- Hello :wave:

Deon- I hope that things work out for you. It is hard being in the middle of family feuds. Sometimes the best thing to say is to say nothing at all.

Amanda- Congrats on the successful shopping trip!! It sounds like you bought some really healthy stuff. Good for you :cp: I think I do better when I go shopping without hubby too. They mean well but..........

2Cute- Are you still rearranging things?? I am a very indecisive persons. I usually get others to make my decisions for me :?: One of these days, I would love to pull up a stump and spit with you :p

kat- I loved your gardening story. You made a great discovery and it was also quite witty. You are on a roll with the gym girl!! Keep it up!

Lori- It feels good to have things organized doesnt it? I know I want things just right when I go to bed at night so I sleep better. You never did tell us about your movie. At least I dont think you do. Spill it :s:

Tina- I see that you had a "moment". I love when it just clicks for me about things. Those "moments" are what help us to succeed. You are doing great!!

Sandy- That was not a post!! Get back in here and talk to us a bit :)

Ok I am off to straighten up the house and vacuum the pool.

Tracy
324/324/150

QueenB
05-14-2003, 02:44 PM
whether to even post this or not, but I'm going to do my best. First of all...TOM is heading in, so in in the throws of "eating the doors off the hinges" and crying hysterically at the same time. You'll have to excuse the proceeding........

Disclaimer: What you are about to read are the ramblings of an insane woman, who is in the early stages of PMS. Please take any and all she says with a grain of salt, as she should be back to normal in a couple of days.

See? I still have a sense of humor. :dizzy:

First of all, let me say I am happy that my TOM is on the way. No, I've not gone completely insane....just that, if I get it over with now, it will be gone by the time I leave next Saturday to go to the Charlotte race. Secondly, eating has been terrible the last couple of days. As I was sitting here reading all the posts, I was over 1/2 way finished with a bag of yogurt raisins. :o

Kat: Your epiphany was so helpful to me. I could almost see you standing there, with tools in hand, ready to dig in the dirt....but wondering where in the world to start. :?: My problem is, I'm halfway done with the flowerbed and apparently I'm happy with that, because I'm not making any progress with the rest of it.

This is the moment that made me cry though. This is the moment that I got a knot in my throat, my stomach starting hurting and I practically laid my head down on the keyboard and started sobbing. It was when I read the affirmation at the bottom of Terri's post.
Do you want it bad enough? If you really want it, you will find the time to plan, find the energy to exercise, and the commitment to stay the course.
For some reason, it felt like I just got punched in the stomach. The words.....Do you want it bad enough? Yes, I do want it. I really really do. :yes: I want it bad enough, that I closed up that bag of raisins (that I had fully intended on finishing) and put them away. Now the only thing beside me is my bottle of water. Well, that and my picture of 2cute. She is looking at me now, telling me that I can do this. No, I'm not hearing voices....:lol: I just know her and I know if she was here, that's what she'd be saying.

Sometimes I give into this "stinkin thinkin" and wonder if certain people were right? :?: Then I try to move away from that and tell myself that no, :no: they're not. I am trying to have to presence of mind right now to know that these feelings will go away and that I will get back on the intended path. I need to go to a WW meeting so bad, and I absolutely hate that they are only available here on Mondays & Tuesdays. The problem is, they only have them late in the evenings. The one on Mondays is at 6:00 and the one on Tuesdays is at 6:30. By the time I get home from work and get settled in, I don't want to turn back around and head back into town, so that's one of the reasons that I quit going.

A part of me is also saying....(and I know this is crazy) but I'm being honest with you guys, "Well Tina, you know....you're going to Charlotte next weekend and you're going to want to eat out, so why don't you just re-join after you get back?" :devil: But all that's going to do is give me a free ticket to eat until basically the 1st of June and I do not want that!

I hate to say it, but I'm floundering guys.....I need just a little bit of help today. :(

peekabooangel
05-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Good Afternoon all,
At work again today, very busy but thought I would pop in and say hello and catch up. I hate to get to far behind.

Tracy: Glad you found a scale, don't get to obsessive like me, I'm on them all the time....I can't be trusted with a set of scales in my sights.

Kat: That was food for thought line by line

Barb: I'm awake, can't you see me? I'm here.....Good job on the jeans.

Terri: Hi to you, this is a nice group.

Mary: I will try to be in chat tonight.

Deon: Family issues? I could give you a big sob story on this, my family has got to be one of the most disfunctional ones ever. But, like I think Kat said.....my first priority now is (my dh and kids) my siblings are all grown, well one is only 13, but anyway the others are all grown and have lives of their own. I do not agree with their lifestyles, but I am civil to them when I see them. My brother has issues with my Dad as do I, but I got sick of being the middle man and trying to make everything okay all around. Now, I just do what is good for me and mine!!! We all grow up and there is a time that you have to accept that your childhood was not the best, but if you did not like it (DO NOT PUT YOUR KIDS THROUGH THE SAME THING). That is the speech I have to give my brother over and over.
It is probably different being an adult and having parents divorce, mine did it when I was 3, then my dad divorced my step mom when I was 10, then well there have been a string since. Once I was old enough I just let it end. It's hard being in the middle, and one day I finally told my dad that and told him not to put me there anymore, it had nothing to do with me and I am not gonna take on the frustration of his adult life. Okay I will shut up now, cause I will get going and going. But I did want to give you a big {{{{HUG}}}} and let you know I understand and will listen.

Okay girls gotta run,

katrinabgood
05-14-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm a little ashamed of this one...

I was thinking about what Sara had said in the last thread. About making your kitchen "cheat free." So, I was going through the pantry looking to remove anything that might be tempting to me. Since I have been "low carbing," however, I have been staying away from all my usual cheats...and I mean it when I say the craving is just not there...(yet, anyway, I should be PMSing in about a week! ) Anyway...

I realized that the goodies that were there are still there from at least a week or two ago when I started to really buckle down and avoid carbs. There is a bag of chocolate chip cookies STILL there for at least two weeks!! (Absolutely unheard of a short time ago!) That's because the other members of this family can eat a few and forget about them and not eat two while they are getting the glass of milk to go with the four that they will have for their snack! Not to mention going back for a few more to go with the milk that is left in the glass! :yes: :rolleyes: And the sleeve of Ritz crackers that I opened for my nephew over a week ago is still there! And the box of Triscuits~which I love~are still unopened! The loaf of bread is lasting forever and the potatoes are sprouting buds! Geez...I was eating a LOT! I haven't had to go food shopping yet this week, because...and I am really embarassed to admit this, but I will anyway...the food is lasting longer since I am not eating so much of it! :cbg:

What an eye opener. :yikes:

The other night I was at the gym, in a class where they want you to to watch your form in the mirror, to make sure it's correct. I hate mirrors and avoid them at all costs! But I looked. :eek: Those rolls around my midsection were a total wake up call...as I looked at them...and I really had to MAKE MYSELF LOOK and not turn away, i realized that those rolls are all the cookies and ice cream and goodies that I've packed away and not burned off! I pictured myself sitting in front of the computer with an empty box of Triscuits or a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies and wondering where they all went...:shrug: I pictured myself sitting down to eat dinner with the family after having consumed a meal's worth of food just tasting and nibbling. I thought of how I would eat when we went out...eating the entire portion and then getting dessert, even though I was too stuffed to even enjoy it.

These are not flattering images. But they are ones that I MUST examine over and over to reinforce what eating this way has done to my body and to my self esteem. :faint: I have often thought, when in the throes of a binge, "what if someone ever saw me eating like this?" (because of course, most of this kind of eating is done in secret!) I would be mortified if someone ever saw me behaving in such a gluttonous manner. Of course, you can take one look at me and know that i did not get to be this size by eating salad 24/7!

Anyway...those are my rambling thoughts today. I should be journalling them instead of boring you all to tears, but it feels good to share with people who understand. Thanks for "listening!"

I hope you are all having a good day!

QueenB
05-14-2003, 06:15 PM
You are not boring us.....you are inspiring us.... :goodvibes

Thank you. :grouphug:

thinthinker
05-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi Everybody! :wave: Boy, I feel as if the days are just flying by. I make an attempt to catch up and then before I know it, I'm waaaay behind again. :(

Honey's 50th Birthday was Monday. He took yesterday off and we, #1 son and I took him on a mystery trip (complete with blindfold! ). We went downtown to the Hockeytown Cafe for lunch and then the Detroit Science Center has a Titanic exibit. Honey is really facinated with the Titanic. Watches all the documentaries, etc. Actually, so is #1 son. So that's where we went next. The exhibit was really well done. They also had the planetarium set up with a presentation on the night sky, the night the Titanic went down. Their Imax theatre had a movie about one of the salvage operations and then the exhibit was full of some of the artifacts. It was really quite nice.

For dinner on the way home, we went to an all you can eat stir fry place. We really like this place for something different. You know me and my jobs, we do just far too many steakhouses to make them a treat anymore! :rolleyes:

Amanda: Thanks for the great Carrot Cake recipe. It is my #1 son's favorite cake. I will be trying that one real soon.

2cute: I heard a speach by Susie Orman the financial woman some time ago, that a really good way to put away a few extra bucks was to never pay for anything with other than paper money. Then collect all the change and have a jar (or whatever) to put it in. Don't touch it until the jar is full and then you will have a significant amount of money to actually do something with, and you'll never even miss it like you would putting away a portion of a paycheck or whatever. The premise is that you will never miss the quarter here and the dime there. Well, I've been doing that since I heard her little speach. I do follow the premise pretty closely. Even if my bill comes to $10.02, I always use $11.00 to pay for it and stow the 98 cents in change. I usually only go about 6 months or so before emptying my jar, but I'm always able to pay for a complete weekend away somewhere fun. So, I'm thinking that maybe that will be my reunion jar now and I'll try not to touch it for the next year. That way I'll be able to afford wherever we decide to meet up without draining the family budget.

Katrina: WOW, your sister is one lucky woman! I could spend those winnings in a heartbeat. I'm glad she's more sensible and wants to save for the boy's educations! :o I loved your gardening analogy. Boy that was a great picture you painted. And so true. I'm copying it and printing it, for myself and one copy to take to my WW leader. I'm sure she will love it too.

Lori: A movie part. How cool for you!!! * I would say that you got your exercise in for the day with all that furniture moving.

Sandy: I'm glad your financial situation is finally on the upswing.

Duckie: Another 2 pounds! Good Girl!!!

Lucky: Honey, where are you? Is that new job keeping you too busy for your old friends?

Jen: What a sweet story about your Mother's Day message from your hubby! I'm glad it made it to you safe and sound. * Glad to hear that you have found a flight back here to the USofA. Are you going to stay stateside until your husband is due back from Bagdad, or just for the surgery and recoup time? Keep up posted. I love it that you're back with us. [[[hugs]]]

Barb: Are you done playing bachelorette yet?

Michelle: WOW! 9.2!!! You are definitely on a roll! Good for you! I hope Andrew is feeling better by now.

Mary: Glad your sister is doing well. * Sounds like everything is pretty much running smoothly again in the sunny south.

Tracy: WOW! 6 pounds for you! There have sure been some great losses here this past week!! Good going on the gym. Maybe you've found a new place for some motivation, especially if you had fun.

Sara: I'm glad that you were able to reaffirm your control over food, instead of it's control over you. That is very powerful.

Tina: I loved your message from Mother's Day. Your hubby is dead on! I know exactly what you're talking about. I too am complacent. I see 340 as a whole lot better than 375. I'm just happy to be able to 'maintain' until the 'losing' mode kicks in again. * I love it that you went to work in your jammies. Since I do all my paperwork at home, I get to work in my jammies sometimes too. I just don't think that when I'm a 'showgirl' that would be terribly appropriate! :lol: Especially since I don't wear any jammies! :o * Those kittens are going to be just adorable! But I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't have let your little girl out 'cattin around'! :D Buh Dum Bum!!! * You are so right that you have to customize your program to fit your lifestyle. If you don't, you will always feel guilty and lose interest. The 8:00 rule is great for people that are not night owls like us. I personally prefer to skip breakfast, do something more brunchish, and then do a mid afternoon snack and then dinner about 7:00. My DH doesn't usually get home until 6:30, so any other timeframe just doesn't work for us.

Deon: Never been on a plane, eh? It really is incredible. The view is breathtaking. * As far as family goes, I'm really sorry to hear you are so distraught. It must be so terrible to be caught in the middle. I'm afraid I don't have first hand experience with a divorce situation, but I have to tell you that I have sat down with my parents as well as my IL's and had heart to hearts about what I will and will not put up with. This included how much they could drag me into their problems and how much I would let them in on mine. It was hard at first, both to say those things to them and their reaction. But after some time passed, I found that things went on a more 'normal' swing and I wasn't getting sucked into situations I wanted no part of any more. Sometimes it's worth biting the bullet and airing it all out and then getting on with life, rather than everyone stewing over it for years. Then it just festers and gets worse.

Steph: WOW! 5 pounds down! I'm so proud of you! This is definitely a losing group this week.

Terri: Hey, girl, glad to see you! You are welcome to make this your new home. We love to have people join us. I've checked over there by you in WW100 a couple of times and it sure seems like you were almost the only one holding down the fort! YIKES! Welcome to our little corner. I hope you'll stick around. * I love your signature line, "Do you want it bad enough? If you really want it, you will find the time to plan, find the energy to exercise, and the commitment to stay the course. " How true is that? Gotta make the time. We're worth it.

Well, girls. I'm going to run. I have a meeting with a city councilman this evening in regards to my election, so this should be interesting. :spin:

But before I go, I want to fess up that I did go to WI (not Wisconsin) on Monday. I was UP ^ 2.5 pounds. I actually am not beating myself up too much about it because I wasn't there for two weeks.

But here's the deal. I need to ask you all a favor. I REALLY need to get back into the losing mode. I know everyone wants to be supportive, and you all are. But what I really need from you now is some tough love. When I do poorly, I need you to say things like, what the ****'s your problem, what were you thinking, get your A$$ back on program. Ok??? I'm asking for it. You don't have to be nasty (like somebody else we know), just be genuinely admonishing. Ok???

Thanks, you guys. I'm looking for 50 pounds by Labor Day. I've done it before, it's time to do it again.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it." - Goethe

2cute2Bfat
05-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Hi guys... I have been pretty productive today and that makes me feel good. :D
I have not read any of the posts yet... but I wanted to jump in and tell those of you who do watch TV that on "Star Search" tonight... the cloggers that are competeing are from my hometown. :dancer: I hope I get to see them perform... but if I have to chose between the finals of American Idol or them... I am afraid AI will win. :o LOL
I think Star Search is from 7-8 and Amer Idol 7:30-8:00. I will keep my fingers crossed that I get to see both. :crossed:

I will come back later tonight and catch up on my reading. Sorry I just don't have time now... (hubby is taking me out for Mexican) but I wanted to share about our hometown performers. :smug:

QueenB
05-14-2003, 07:38 PM
But here's the deal. I need to ask you all a favor. I REALLY need to get back into the losing mode. I know everyone wants to be supportive, and you all are. But what I really need from you now is some tough love. When I do poorly, I need you to say things like, what the ****'s your problem, what were you thinking, get your A$$ back on program. Ok??? I'm asking for it. You don't have to be nasty (like somebody else we know), just be genuinely admonishing. Ok???

Now THERE'S the ticket! :bravo:

Thank you Thin.
It is good to have support, but when I came in here mealy mouthing today....I need a good swift kick in the arse. :drill: What say, Thin ....that you and I both figure out what the **** the problem is and get our A$$ back on program together!?

That's an order! :drill:

:lol:

PheonixRising
05-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Just dropping in to say "hi". I'm hoping to get a pic up today, I'm going to try it on this post. Yeah, I succeeded finally, I'm so happy. :lol: I'll drop in for a longer post later today. I'll see you guys in chat.

:df:

katrinabgood
05-14-2003, 07:53 PM
what the ****'s your problem?
what were you thinking?
get your A$$ back on program. Ok???

Okay...one down.

Tina,
ditto!

Love,
:drill:

Terri in MO
05-14-2003, 09:05 PM
But I've got a couple of things to say:

Kat - When I read your post about the sleeves of crackers or cookies snacked on by the computer, I was at work and had just shoved a junior mint into my mouth. Mindless eating because I wasn't hungry. I quickly slammed the drawer.

Tina - When I read that you had seen my ending quote, that made me remember that it was on my signature and that yes, :yes:, yes I too want it bad enough. I made myself do the Tae BO (most of it anyway) and need to scoot quickly so that I can get a dog walk in tonight as well.

I wish I could take credit for those words that are so thought-provoking, almost brutal and so absolutely true, but no. :no: my WW leader said that as her parting shot at the end of the meeting. Nothing left to do but either slink out or hold up the head and say YES!

Kat again - I was slightly startled by your post there but soon caught on once I read backward. :lol:

That was more than two. :o To everyone else, hello and thanks for the welcome. Keep up all your great work, don't ever quit, and have a great evening.

Grannie39074
05-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Welcome Terri
Kaat include me in that scolding.

Hello to all the rest

BarbPA
05-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Hi Gals!
I can't believe it's 10pm. Did you ladies chat tonight?? Sorry I missed you -- the day got a little hectic and I ended up doing all the yard work after my word day ended - otherwise I would have started losing the dogs in the tall grass! My hubby is still 'missing'. He came home last night to sleep for 6 hours and is gone again tonight. So, I basically haven't seen him since Sunday. And, with us leaving for vacation early this Saturday I have a million things to do. I don't know who I feel worse for --- him for having to work such crazy hours ---- or me for getting stuck doing everything while he's gone. Nevertheless, come Saturday we'll be on vacation for 9 days and making up for all the hard work! :cool:

I don't have the energy right now to reply to all --- just want to say HI and send hugs to everyone!!!

I'll see you tomorrow!
Love,
Barb

loranden
05-14-2003, 11:48 PM
STOP! DO NOT POST HERE!

Continue to post at 300+ and Ready to Try Again #335:)