Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #1  

Default Pregnant and want to continue with WW

I am pregnant and prior to getting pregnant I had started back with WW (only about 3 weeks prior). Anyway, once I got pregnant I was told to stop trying to diet and doing WW. I then began to gain a lot of weight because I was really not eating right. Now I'm trying to limit that. My OB told me if I was really concerned to keep my calorie level at 2000/day and a book I have says 70 gms. of fat. I don't have a level for fiber. By calculations I figure I should have 40 points a day. Does this sound right? What are the other pregnant WWs doing?
Old 05-13-2003, 01:20 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

W/W no longer has a program for prenancy like they have before. I close friend of mine a few years back got pregnant and took her information to her OB/GYN who said to add 6-9 points a day to be used for complex carbs, proteins and dairy. Basically close to what the lactating/nursing mothers do.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:50 AM   #3  

Prettynpink,

I am glad you asked this question. I am doing WW right now and trying to get pregnant. When I talked to my leader about it, he said the same thing. As soon as I know I am pregnant, I tell him and then I am off the program. My doctor wants me to stay on WW while I am pregnant because she doesn't want me gaining all the weight back I have lost. But when I told her WW won't let me stay on program, she told me to eat the same things I am eating now and add 200 calories of protein.

Again, I hope to get pregnant soon (trying for 6 months), but I am very worried about gaining all the weight back, so I really want to stay on program.

Kel, thanks for the advice on the points.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:58 AM   #4  

Birdie, if you took a note from your doctor, they would probably let you stay OP.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #5  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

I'm also pregnant (just found out last week). I think I am going to tell my leader tomorrow. I don't see the NP till July 30th for my first OB appointment, so I think my leader will let me continue meetings till then. I will let you know.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:32 PM   #6  

I had just started back at WW when I got preg with dd. I had lost 60+ and had gained back 15. I made the mistake of going totally off program, and as a result have had to work to relose the weight. DD is 9 months, and I now have the original 15 to lose...so I would highly recommend being consciencious of what you are eating while pregnant!
As far as I know, there is NO way you can continue to weigh in while pregnant, according to WW regulations.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #7  

Ive known many women on WW. just as with counting calories.. pregnacy and nursing has you add 500 calories.. thats roughly about 10ww points which is what they were advised to add.
Closed Thread