100 lb. Club - Welcome Mat: Herbal Tea and Chit Chat

lunarsongbird
02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Fireplace-Tea-Books-300x199.jpg

The fireplace is crackling and the tea kettle is warm. Pull up a seat and curl up with an afghan. Open your mind and heart- your amongst friends. What's on your mind? Let's catch up.

"There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound." ~Diana Cortes

lunarsongbird
02-19-2013, 08:03 PM
As ladies come and go through different decades- it has occurred to me that I will really miss the daily happenings in everyone's lives. Maybe we can try out a daily chat thread to build a nice sense of community? What do you think?

I can start. :)
I'm wicked excited for my birthday on Friday! I have decided to go into the center on my birthday for a motivation class and to weigh-in with the consultant I like since I took the day off. I'm having lunch with my DH and in-laws and then DH and I are going to Boulder to tour the Celestial Seasonings plan. Anyone like their tea?

We'll have a totally indulgent dinner on Friday night and then maybe I can do some meal replacements that weekend to balance things out. After my birthday, my consultant wants to put me on a meta-protein plan, which I'm pretty excited about. It's basically meat and veggies, I think...which I prefer. I want to tear it up in March and April!

I'm glad to be changing my plan up a bit, because I feel like I get relatively comfortable after every 20 pound weight loss. Oh- I also weighed in today and found out that I have lost 16 inches this month (for a total of 27), which is great, because I'm having a sluggish February (I'm only down like...4 pounds. :: shrugs ::).

In addition- I'm geeking out and doing the "Walk to Mordor" challenge.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/265829-challenge-nerds-walk-mordor-4.html
I think it's really fun and I like finding pictures to imagine where I might be in the challenge. Anyone want to join?

What is upcoming in your weeks?

Thinforme
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
I love this idea, plus I adore tea but have given it up so I can still have coffee. I'm being driven crazy trying to get my kids insurance and schooling set after moving to South Carolina. We've turned the corner there though so hopefully it won't be so frustrating. I'm super excited because I'm going to be heading to Florida to visit my boyfriend who I haven't seen in two months "long distance relationships are hard" so all in all life is beautiful. Wonderful kids, great friends and family and this wonderful place :) Congrats on all your success that is so amazing and happy early birthday. I hope it's a perfect rocking day.

charliee
02-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Happy early birthday LunarSongBird, sounds like you have a fun day planned. :) Also 16 inches down?!!! Awesome sauce!

I'm starting to fixate on the time (at least 4 months) that it's going to take me to get to onederland. I'd like to find other things to occupy my time to keep me from becoming too obsessive. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm totally game. Is anyone reading or watching anything they want to recommend?

Pink Hurricane
02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Happy early Birthday Lunar!!! Woohoo! Sounds like you are going to have quite a fun weekend! I love this idea, and I love tea and fires so I'm already on the bandwagon. :lol:

Tonight I've just been thinking about ways for me to stick to my plan through and through and how I should go about figuring out a good exercise plan for me. I want to do a full round of P90X but I need something else for the meantime that fits into my schedule better, that's my challenge right now!

Daimere
02-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Hey there! I'm back on plan and feeling great about it. For me having an off week, it's taught me that planning each day as a good day and still tracking is far better than throwing caution to the wind (my 7th day was a no track day and the scale reflected it). It has also taught me that accidents happens and it's not the end of the world (I have a bad habit of obsessing over having the perfect lifestyle when I do this). Plus waking up with an unhappy stomach was not nice!

I'm going to start a weekly bellydance class for 6 weeks. I'm so excited! I hope it will help my contact skills (that are none right now) since it will involving balancing! I'm hoping to practice bellydance or do a barre workout daily. Today's exercise might involve my fans cause if I can get good at fans combine it with fans, I'd be so slick.

lunarsongbird
02-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi ladies! I'm off to the gym, but I'll check in later. I don't know why my body seems to be needy more sleep lately. -_-

Thinforme- How long have you been in SC again? And when is your trip to Florida? How long have you been with your beau?

charliee- I've been very distracted my the "Real/Whole Foods Movement"
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/
I haven't been involved in the forum yet, but I am currently reading Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Plack.
On an unrelated noted- I'm also reading all the books that won "Books for a Better Life" Award (by the National MS Foundation). Currently I'm reading Messages from an Unknown Chinese Mother.
http://www.bookreporter.com/features/awards/books-for-a-better-life-awards-2011

Pink Hurricane- I havent done P90X. Why doesn't it fit in schedules nicely?

Daimere- Belly dancing sounds SOOOOO fun!! I wish they offered it at my gym!

Daimere
02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Belly dancing sounds SOOOOO fun!! I wish they offered it at my gym!

I'm taking it at two different dance studios. I also have a few dvds. I'd totally recommended Jenna's Basics and Beyond, Autumn Ward's Beautiful Technique and Tribal Basics vol 1.

Thinforme
02-20-2013, 10:52 AM
We've been in South Carolina about three months or so. Hopefully I am going within the next month "buying a new car first" and we have been together four years and a half years.

April Snow
02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
hey everyone!

I like the idea of a general chat thread where we don't keep coming and going as we move through the decades (and in my case, hopefully going from the 240s to the 230s at my next weigh in!!)

I am also going to use this opportunity to make a confession and apology in advance. I am AWFUL at trying to do personals (individual comments to everyone on a thread). It stresses me out, and it's actually caused me to not post in the past. I do comment on plenty of specific things that people post, and I may end up sometimes commenting specifically to everyone esp. when there are only a few people posting on a thread. I just get too stressed out if I feel like I have to make a constant effort to go back and catch up and post a personal to everyone who has posted. It makes me feel bad but I have to also be selfish and not allow 3fc to become a source of stress for me rather than support.

So apologies in advance and please, please don't feel offended if I don't reference you by name all the time. I read all the posts and think positive thoughts for everyone and hope we all have wonderful success.

Pink Hurricane
02-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Lunar each of the workouts are about an hour to hour and a half long, so while pulling extra long work days right now and coming home to make dinner for my husband and spend time with him, I only have about 30-45 minutes to work with, if I'm not already super tired. That's why I am trying to get myself awake earlier in the day to go ahead and workout before work so I don't have anything standing in my way! I am going to let this week finish off all crazy, and still manage to do a bit of strength training and cardio (going for a run this afternoon!) but next week I think since I will be back on my normal schedule, I will be able to fit in P90X a lot better. I will just have to restart this round since the past few weeks have been nuts!

Iheartsushi418
02-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Hello, hope it's ok if I jump in here!

Pink, have you considered finding some great crock pot recipes, or trying once a week cooking? When I was working, I had an hour and a half commute everyday and worked 10 hours a day. I found the once a week method very easy to follow. You can find plenty of information on the internet but the basic premise is:
You do all your prepping and planning one day a week (usually a Saturday for me). I would plan out a meal for every day of the week, do all the prep work ahead of time and freeze in ziploc containers. I would also double a lot of the stuff I made and freeze the extra. Lasagna, for example, is just as easy to make two and freeze one. Even though I'm a SAHM now, I still do this. It saves me so much time.

Tziri
02-20-2013, 02:40 PM
I really want to try P90X once I get to my goal. I've read that it's supposed to help a lot with strength training. I need to work on my muscles and I do not remember much about weight training. I don't know anyone that has done it for more than a week though. I do have a friend who finished her first month of insanity. Her reps for all the exercise increased quite a bit and she lost a lot of inches.

lunarsongbird
02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
My boss is in a really foul mood today, which really impacts the energy of the office. We are in a small office...Probably 29'x14' so it's hard not to avoid the negativity. I'm just trying to plug away at my work. :: shrugs ::

Every month in the office they bring in this big sheet cake to celebrate the monthly anniversaries and birthdays. And as you can imagine, there were a ton of people that said, "It's for YOUR birthday! You HAVE to eat it! It's only ONE day." But I didn't want to eat that cake- well...maybe I did...until I looked at the ingredients. Shudder. Partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, bleached flour, high fructose corn syrup. No thanks.... So I put some low fat cottage cheese on the midly obnoxious "Happy Birthday" plate instead. Don't get me wrong- I will indulge for my birthday, but not on chemicals. :nono:

April, no worries about personals. I don't think a lot of people do them. It's quite a bit of work, really. I think you can build a community without them. And I too send positive vibes to everyone....even our lurkers that I know are reading.
(Sometimes I secretly hope someone someday will come out of the woodwork and say, "Lunar- I've been watching your journey for months now and your positivity encouraged me to reach my goals!" Is that weird?)
I also miss people when they are gone...and I totally notice- and I wonder about how they are doing.

Pink Hurricane- Have you looked into t-tapp? It could really work for you right now. http://www.t-tapp.com/

Sushi, I love me some sushi.
http://lavonardo.net/wp/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lol-sushi.jpg

I don't know if P90x and Insanity will ever be my thing...it seems like torture. Ha.

Roo2
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Ladies -great idea:carrot:
Happy early birthday Lunar enjoy your special day:)

Damiere - enjoy your belly dancing class,I took belly dancing classes years ago and enjoyed it :carrot:
Thin forme are you loving living in the Carolina's? My mom lived in North Carolina for years before moving in with us...it is soo beautiful and the people are so nice and friendly.

April Snow I thought I was the only one with this problem LOL

Pink Hurricane you are so inspiring with your exercise routine

Iheartsushi I love my Crockpot and also too make double batches and freeze them such a great timesaver.

Tziri I need to work on muscle strengthening too !I thought about P90x too but I get bored easy with Videos and it might be a waste of money if I don't use it enough

A little about me I'm from Illinois,I'm a wife,mom and caregiver for my mom when not working as a RN and I work nights, I have 3 dogs and 2 of them are in training to be therapy dogs.:)

elvislover324
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi Everyone!! *waves to you all*

I am here lurking on your post, I didn't know where to start! I kept typing and deleting, typing and deleting.

I find it hard to do personals too to everyone, esp. once I go into advanced mode and can't scroll up.

Good for you, lunarsongbird, for skipping the cake. The days of anyone guilting me into food (or anything really) are so over! I kinda told my mother-in-law off this week as she p*ssed me off with her guilt-trip and I assume she's very angry as she never replied to me (and I do NOT care). I asked my husband if she called him yet and she hasn't. (She's sneaky like that and will cry to him that I was mean to her. Get OVER it. I have no time for guilt!) Sorry to go O/T there lol.

I started a thread earlier today and I am a little cranky (all as of this afternoon). So out of character for me and I don't like to be like this! I think I might go take my cutie Elvis for a walk to pound some pavement. He's the cutest doggy and I just hug him when I want to feel better and that wiggety-waggy tail warms my heart.

What are the big birthday plans, Lunar??

Tziri
02-20-2013, 04:07 PM
I thought about P90x too but I get bored easy with Videos and it might be a waste of money if I don't use it enough

Me too! I probably won't end up investing in it, but I still think about it. I don't think I would actually follow through with it in the long term though and it would be an expensive shelf decoration.
I'm hoping I will find a gym buddy by that time who can help me through some muscle strengthening exercises (probably a long shot).

I'm so jealous that you're training therapy dogs! That is such a great way to spend time.

lunarsongbird
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm taking Friday off for my birthday! Woohoo!! I decided that I'm actually going to weigh-in on my birthday and take a class on motivation at the center. We are then heading over to my in-laws to have lunch at MoZaic.
http://www.opentable.com/img/restimages/69955.jpg
Although to be honest, I'm not too excited about their menu (except for the bacon dusted onion rings!!). I hope they have some specials.
http://innatpalmerdivide.com/docs/Lunch_Menu.pdf

We are then going to Boulder to the Celestial Seasoning Tea tour:
http://danielcmpanther.edublogs.org/files/2011/11/tea-1lhqlx6.jpg
That should be great fun!

And then DH is taking me to a surprise dinner location to meet a couple friends (who I actually originally met online). Very fun!

FickleHearts
02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Happy early b-day Lunar!

Mine is next month and they're already talking about cake up here LOL. And I am planning on a big giant piece let me tell you. The local lady that bakes cakes makes the absolute best buttercream frosting on the planet. It's a once a year thing so I'm not going to feel guilty about it and I doubt I do anything else special food wise so going to indulge.

I hope..... So far cheating has been met with a good dose of preemptive guilt to stop me from doing it. :dizzy:

I live in a pretty small town. We have a gym but its downtown with open windows and I'm just not comfortable enough yet to work out with the entire town watching. They do Zumba every Tues and Wed. night and one day I'll be brave enough to join. So I'm going to start walking now that it is warmer and not so dark after work. Hubby wants to get a weight bench so that sounds fun too.

On the plus side, beach has been gorgeous lately! Thinking about dragging my doggies down this weekend for a good walk and shell search.

Thinforme
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Roo2 Yes we are in the upstate of SC only about eighty miles from NC. It is beautiful. I've been through Illinois you all have alot of corn lol. The people were really nice "even if they all thought I sounded odd lol"

April Snow
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Lunar - that menu looks yum! If there isn't a daily special that appeals, feel free to have the Crab Cake Po' Boy for me! :lol:

elvislover324
02-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Sounds like so much fun, Lunarsongbird!!! (except for the in-law lunch lol)

Bacon Dusted Onion Rings....hello heaven!

The Celestial Seasoning tour sounds awesome, do you get free samples of tea?

charliee
02-20-2013, 06:45 PM
charliee- I've been very distracted my the "Real/Whole Foods Movement"
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/
I haven't been involved in the forum yet, but I am currently reading Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Plack.
On an unrelated noted- I'm also reading all the books that won "Books for a Better Life" Award (by the National MS Foundation). Currently I'm reading Messages from an Unknown Chinese Mother.
http://www.bookreporter.com/features/awards/books-for-a-better-life-awards-2011

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought "Real Food What to Eat and Why", and on a recommendation from a friend "Soulless" by Gail Carriger (for the nerd in me).

These should get me through at least a week or two. :)

lunarsongbird
02-20-2013, 09:50 PM
:: sigh :: The snow is just dumping here. I'm a little bitter that my boss didn't give me the opportunity to leave a bit early. The roads are allegedly AWFUL and the police are closing some roads down. Boo.

I'll check back in once I get home. (And by a little bitter...I mean...a TON bitter).

Daimere
02-20-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm excited. It seems that most of what I "gained" was water weight. Already lost "5 pounds" since my highest weight on my bad week. I tried my ATS "online class" yesterday and it was fun. I learned more moves. Gonna try it again in the morning.

Be safe lunar!

Pink Hurricane
02-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Tziri~ That's a big reason why I want to complete a round, I need strength training in my life!!! Haha, and my husband ordered Insanity for us, we are going to start it when he gets back on day shift, so that shall be quite interesting. I'm by no means in great shape, but the good thing about P90X is you can modify all of the moves, usually a person in the video is doing the modified version. I do love it!

Sushi~ My husband just bought us a slow cooker and I didn't even thinking about how I could meal plan and freeze that kind of stuff! I will certainly have to start doing that and getting some good recipe ideas, that would help a TON for nights that he has to go to work! And welcome to the thread!

Lunar~ Sorry your boss was being a jerk and I hope you have made it home safely from all of the snow! Ttapp looks really cool, I will have to give that a shot! Sometimes yes, P90X can be torture, mainly the Ab Ripper and Plyometrics. LOL and the place y'all will be going for lunch looks beautiful, and taking a tea tour would be awesome! I wonder what your DH has in store for you!

Roo~ Well thank you, that's always good to hear! And nice to meet you! A wife, mom, caregiver, and a nurse that works night shift? Dadgum you kick booty! Also what breed are your dogs? That's really cool you are training them to be therapy dogs!

Elvislover~ Glad to see you here! I'm sorry it's been a kind of yuck day for you, I know some days are tough because so much is going on and it just gets to be too much. But regardless it's good to see you here! Going for that walk is a good plan (if you already did it then awesome!) so you just take in some deep breaths and just keep swimming! :D

FickleHearts~ Welcome to the thread! I know what you mean about having people watch you while you work out, that is something that has always bothered me for some reason. A walk on the beach with your doggies sounds amazing! I haven't tried Zumba with a class, but I have one DVD that is fun!

Daimere~ Even if it was just water weight I'd still be excited and pat yourself on the back for losing the extra bit! :carrot: What is ATS?

Today was another great day OP and I went for a jog/run with the children I nanny this afternoon, I put the youngest in the stroller and the others ran on the track with me. The oldest one was super fast, so it was a challenge to keep up with him (he got so far ahead, we run at the park where there is a 1/3 mile lap and a good view of the whole area). I am going to wake up early tomorrow morning and do Kenpo from P90X. I need the burn and then tomorrow night I am going to do upper and lower body strength moves. I figured for now I will use P90X as an option so I can keep variety in my exercise. Definitely going to have to check out the Ttapp though!

lunarsongbird
02-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Gah. It took me two hours to get home.....something that usually takes 20 minutes- and is only 7 miles away. I saw two fire trucks needing to put on chains, 70-100 cars outside of my neighborhood stuck on the road, a semi truck rolling backwards on the interstate, many many cars facing the wrong way, pick up trucks trying to spin their tires enough to gain traction.

Sooo...stressful. I'm having a gin and tonic.

Daimere
02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Even if it was just water weight I'd still be excited and pat yourself on the back for losing the extra bit! What is ATS?
ATS is american tribal style bellydance. It's performed in a group and really simple to be honest. There are many different styles of bellydance and ATS is one of them. I want to get a foundation in ATS so then I can dance in tribal fusion. But having a strong Egyptian/cabaret style will help also.

There is all sorts of drama happening at work. I was slightly off plan this morning since I got some hot chocolate from an envelope. But it's still within my WW points limit. Yay.

Kat117
02-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Lunar, thank you for this! I love this idea.

Yet another great way for us to support one another.

I won't rub in the Florida weather - but let's just say I am going to plant a bunch of flower seeds and bulbs tonight when I get home from work.

I have recommitted to losing this weight and am on day 1 of the second half of my journey. 77 more pounds to lose. Thank goodness for Ideal Protein.

How is everyone's morning so far?

Iheartsushi418
02-21-2013, 09:45 AM
[B]
Sushi~ My husband just bought us a slow cooker and I didn't even thinking about how I could meal plan and freeze that kind of stuff! I will certainly have to start doing that and getting some good recipe ideas, that would help a TON for nights that he has to go to work! And welcome to the thread!

My favorite thing to do is cook a whole chicken in the crock pot. It is so moist and tender. We have "baked" chicken for dinner, then I shred the leftovers for fajitas, wraps, salads, etc. Let me know if I can help. A lot of recipes for crock pots out there use cream based soups, so you might have to dig a little for healthier recipes or try some things on your own. Anything you can bake in the oven can go in a crock pot, and it saves money too because you can use "cheaper" cuts of meat and they come out juicy and flavorful! You'll love it!

FickleHearts
02-21-2013, 09:56 AM

I won't rub in the Florida weather - but let's just say I am going to plant a bunch of flower seeds and bulbs tonight when I get home from work.

It's been great so far hasn't it? I'm in the panhandle, so it's been a bit colder this week. No winter all winter and then a cold spell in Feb, just in time for spring break!! We planted roses last week so good luck! I really want to do some blackberries, but going to wait until we move to the new house.

Daimere - belly dancing sounds like it would be so much fun. Once more, hating my small town LOL

Iheartsushi - I love my crockpot. I use it several times a week. I'm doing a low carb diet and have found it makes great pot roasts and pulled pork. I cook whole chickens in it too!

Pink - I can see how being a nanny is great exercise LOL. My husband tutors pre-k and kindergarten in the afternoon and is exhausted when he gets home. I am thinking about getting a Kinect for the xbox so I can do zumba with it.

Lunar - sorry about the snow and the mean boss :( As a Floridian, I bet it's really pretty though!

My weight caught up with my old scale on the new one this morning, so I'm happy about that. Mood swings are driving me nutters though... Will be so happy when next week has come and gone!

Iheartsushi418
02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Loooooooooooooove pulled pork in the crock pot. We should do a healthy crock pot recipe thread! Is there anything like that already?

Daimere
02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
FickleHearts-I use dvds and raqsTV predominately. I have a good collection of good bellydance dvds and I've been taking an ATS six week class off raqsTV.

lunarsongbird
02-21-2013, 10:54 AM
After you make your chicken in the crockpot- don't forget to make chicken broth. It has SOOOOO many wonderful health benefits and it's delicious!!
Check it out: http://undergroundwellness.com/top-5-reasons-why-bone-broth-is-the-bomb/

I just put my chicken carcass in the crock pot this morning!!

I googled an ATS video this morning and tried to dance along. It made me giggle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yblzlKKEz_M
What fun exercise, Daimere! I've heard the outfits can be quite pricey.
Do you have any new hooping videos for me to enjoy? You should make one specially dedicated to 3FC. ;)

Kat and Fickle- I think I need to make a vacation out of Florida sooner rather then later. I am dying to go to Disneyworld. I know that might sound silly, but I LOVE disney resorts. Have you been?

Pink, Did you get your P90x in? Are the vitamins still helping? I could have gone to the gym this morning, but I decided to be a grummpypotamus instead. I didn't get any housework done last night because I got home so late.

OOooh...Sushi! Start the crock pot thread!!!

I am feeling better already. Beth has this wonderful game called "What I know today." She says it's very Pollyanma, but just the idea of it made me happy. She thinks about all the things she knows today- all the happy things.

I think this weekend I need to watch that movie. It's so sweet.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--Kq5aCUhGNs/TsMaLOC9pZI/AAAAAAAABb8/K_w-BIROZNo/s1600/pollyanna.jpg

I can't believe how much that thought helped. I'm actually feeling pretty happy now!
A warm and fuzzy clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx7J5Omy408&list=PL55E53C85B72472BA

Daimere
02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
lunarsongbird-Yeah, they do look pricey. But I'm not worried about costumes any time soon. I made a "what the heck do I do with my arms" tutorial for a friend in KS but I haven't made any new ones. I'm trying to do a video freeze so then when I can hopefully be smaller, I can get OMG SHANNON remarks. But that would mean a video freeze tillll June? If it warms up, I'll muster up some hooping video-ing. I haven't really been hooping either unless it's just waist hooping. Although I am willing to do an unlisted video of my bellydancing if I can get any smoothness a going. This is my online ats class: http://www.raqstv.com/bellydance-videos/ats%C2%AE-belly-dance-classes-katrina-skin-deep-dance-fatchancebellydance%C2%AE-sister#axzz2LRPJ5V2n
The last day I've learned a body wave, arabic and a shimmy of some sort. I might do a shimmy mob (if I can get the funds for the $35 registration fee).

elvislover324
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Elvislover~ Glad to see you here! I'm sorry it's been a kind of yuck day for you, I know some days are tough because so much is going on and it just gets to be too much. But regardless it's good to see you here! Going for that walk is a good plan (if you already did it then awesome!) so you just take in some deep breaths and just keep swimming! :D

Thank you Pink Hurricane! I was so cranky yesterday afternoon, I think I am better today lol. But I just worked out so I didn't pick out my outfit for the day so anything is possible. :)

I think it's so sweet you bring the kids to the track to get your exercise in and spend some time outside. Seems that most kids never get any time outside anymore, esp. playing, running, etc. Yay on you!!!

Hope everyone is having a Happy Thursday! I keep thinking it's Friday, don't ya hate that??

FickleHearts
02-21-2013, 12:34 PM
I have/had family that lived in Winter Haven growing up as a kid, it's about an hour from Disney. I've been lots and lots and lots.... Haven't been recently. Am itching to see the new additions they've made! I'm more of a Universal Studios person myself. We were just down there in September for Halloween Horror Nights! That being said, I love Disney too though. Epcot is my all time favorite park.

It's going to be nice when I'm skinny and we go back and I can actually enjoy the rides better!

All this crock pot talk has made me hungry and wishing I'd put on a chicken myself......

FickleHearts
02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Which reminds me......

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/crockpot/crockpot-pulled-pork/

That's the pulled pork recipe I used last time. Did not use the BBQ sauce he suggested however. It turned out fabulous! Would have made great sandwiches if I was eating bread LOL.

Iheartsushi418
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah, we need a crock pot thread! Let me find some of my recipes.

You guys have me so jelly with the belly dancing, (see how I rhymed right there? :) ) It sounds like a blast!

Tziri
02-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Wow that pork looks really good! I love my crock pot.

Pink Hurricane
02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Lunar I was able to get in my P90X workout yesterday, the vitamins definitely do help because by the time I take them I'm all "get up and get to work" so it has helped tremendously! Haha you are allowed to be a grumpypotamus whenever neccessary! :D But hey, tomorrow is your BIRTHDAYYYY!!!!! :woohoo:

Fickle yes, kids are definitely a good workout, especially when they are toddlers and school age! That's awesome your DH tutors kids, that would be a lot of fun! When I was in daycare I would be in the newborn and toddler rooms from morning until afternoon, then go to the afterschool room to help with homework and all that jazz. I love kids though! I've heard Kinect Zumba is fun!

Elvislover you're welcome I hope today has been much better for you! Thanks, I try to keep them healthy too, and I know they look up to me (I've been with this family going on three years, the youngest one was just a few months old when I met them). Plus they love getting out that energy before we go home and have a snack and do homework. It keeps them in a great mood!

Sushi MAKE THE CROCKPOT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: That would be beyond awesome to have!

Daimere
02-21-2013, 10:35 PM
In ky, we are getting pounded with freezing rain! Ughh i want spring

charliee
02-21-2013, 11:11 PM
In ky, we are getting pounded with freezing rain! Ughh i want spring

Me too, I miss sunshine that lasts all day.

Daimere
02-22-2013, 01:29 AM
I want to hoop outside and spin fire! :( :(

Kat117
02-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Morning all! Happy Friday to you.

I took a big chance today on the outfit for work - my boss is the type that thinks his assistant should blend into the background. So today I have on an Indian kurta shirt in sheer white with white embroidery (with a white tank under it) and black cropped leggings. Yes, my 197 pound butt is in leggings... and compared to 280, I feel skinny LOL. I also have these great black beaded mules on.

Without any prompting from me, the boss actually said he liked my outfit. Wow - that is a first.

Iheartsushi418
02-22-2013, 10:29 AM
I want to hoop outside and spin fire! :( :(

This could be my favorite thing I've read today. :carrot:

Iheartsushi418
02-22-2013, 10:31 AM
School is out today and I'm keeping my son's "girlfriend" for a friend of mine. Unfortunately, my son isn't feeling that great and it's rainy here, so she is bored :(. I might have to break out some arty crafty stuff to keep everyone occupied.

April Snow
02-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

Kat, that outfit sounds lovely, I'm sure you look great!!

Tziri
02-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Hello,

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

FickleHearts
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
It's a blah day. I'm in a good mood despite it being a blah day though, so I guess that's a plus?

At least it is Fri. We have tickets to see Jeff Dunham on Sun, but I've decided I really don't want to go as it's in Tallahassee 2 hours away and I've seen all his specials. Trying to convince the hubby to sell, but he wants to go. It's all good either way I guess. It'll be funny I'm sure!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Lunar, hope you have an awesome birthday!

lunarsongbird
02-23-2013, 10:35 AM
So here is a quick recap of the birthday before I head off to the gym. :)
I weighed in yesterday morning and was down a pound. 221 Official WI! 220.4 in the buff. Oh...how close...Can taste it.

First- I learned something yesterday. If you are going to purposefully go off plan....it better be good. I don't know why I didn't voice my opinion (maybe because it wasn't fully formed or I don't like being "pushy"), but lunch was NOT worth the calories. Service and food were totally mediocre. I had two sliders, half a side cesar salad, onion rings (not worth it. LOL), and a few bites of chocolate cake.

We headed off to the Celestial Seasoning tea plant, which was SOOOO neat! The factory was great and before the tour you got to try every single one of Celestial Seasoning's tea!

At dinner, I wore a dress I could never fit into before, which was fun. And I have NEVER worn a pencil skirt before. I felt a bit like a sausage, but I knew I looked pretty. YAY!

Dinner...was...worth...every..single...calorie. YUMMMMMM.
We had the tasting menu, which means you'll get to try like...one scallop, ect.
So....Here is the run-down:
-fresh bacon, cardamom spiced Kurobuta pork belly, Madras curry scented garbanzo bean purée
-seared sea scallops, fresno chili marinated Costa Rican pineapple, sesame soy caramelized eggplant, sake lees vinaigrette, shiso two ways: crisp and fresh
-tuna sashimi and tartare, bigeye tuna, apple-fennel marinated tuna tartare, anise vinaigrette, apple chips
-Spanish octopus farfalle, squid ink-piquillo pepper pasta, Basque chilies, piquillo peppers, crisp preserved lemons, gremolata caper chile emulsion
-artichoke tortelloni, goat cheese and artichoke mousse stuffed pasta, artichoke broth, truffle essence, queso de mano cheese, chervil
-smoked Duroc pork tenderloin, hazelnut creamed spinach, Red D’anjou pears, gorgonzola, vanilla jus

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/Rioja_zps390d1667.png

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/l1_zpsee5894f9.jpg

Damage done?
223.8 this morning, but I'm not quittteeee done yet. A dozen ladies and I are going to the melting pot tonight for chocolate fondue. Yum. Loving life. If every calorie is worth it- and you follow-up with water and exercise. Life is good.

Note to self: Every calorie must be worth it.

Soo....off to the gym and then a mind/body class at Metabolic! Getting right back into it!

ETA: Oh...and yes, we had desert. Duh.
-crispy cashew-pistachio Mille-Feuille, rose and strawberry swirled bavarian, dried strawberries, candied pistachios, crystalized rose petals, strawberry-pernod honey
-chocolate caramel napoleon, layers of chocolate caramel ganache, vanilla Bavarian crème. peanut butter flourless cake, chocolate sorbet, peanut butter caramel
-beignets, sweet goat cheese and black mission fig filled pastries, ruby port wine reduction
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/l5_zpsfe64304d.jpg

Daimere
02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Evidently my family is going to Outback tomorrow. My points roll over on Tuesday. I've been really on track this week and I've already made a plan. I think in total I'll eat 36 points and then eat lower the rest of the night. After eating, we'll go bowling! I'll just use some weekly points. Tonight, we're going to see a movie. I'm bringing a bag filled with air popped popcorn with nutritional yeast on top. Screw rules.

And my husband is going to be involved with a weight loss thingy at work in March. I'm not sure how I feel about this. This means he might be eating my food. And he won't listen to me and says silly things like he'll replace his sweet tea with juice.

sassyangies
02-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi guys.. This looks like a fun group to chat with. Hope you don't mind if I join in. Everyone looks like there having a fun weekend! I work only on Fri Sat and Sun so my weekends are rarely fun, but that's ok we usually do breakfast at my Mom's or my SIL's house on Sat and Sun so that breaks it up a bit. I don't work until 4 so we have the whole day my son and I. I love spending all my time with him, but dang sometimes I need a break..lol..

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

Iheartsushi418
02-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Sassy!

elvislover324
02-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Sassieangies and everyone else!!

Lunar, I drooled at your menu from last night...sounds so delicious!! I laughed at the sausage comment as you crack me up but I am *positive* you looked beautiful. :) Enjoy your night tonight!

Tziri
02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Sounds like you had a great birthday lunar! Everything looks sooo good (especially the desserts).

I LOVE popcorn with nutritional yeast on top. So glad my friend introduced me to that a few years ago.

Daimere
02-24-2013, 04:17 AM
I LOVE popcorn with nutritional yeast on top. So glad my friend introduced me to that a few years ago.
How do you make it stick? It never seems to stick for me.

My husband was like, "too bad you don't have points cause Taco--"
I replied, "No, I have points, I'm saving it for a steak and lobster tomorrow. NOT taco bell. And shut up, trust me I know it's open."

Tziri
02-24-2013, 02:11 PM
How do you make it stick? It never seems to stick for me.

I oil pop mine in the microwave and i just sprinkle it on as soon as it comes out. It sticks alright but I just kind of push the popcorn against the extra yeast in the bottom of the bowl when i'm eating it. (I know, very technical!)

lunarsongbird
02-24-2013, 07:59 PM
What is nutritional yeast? :)

Tziri
02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
It's a deactivated yeast. I think it's mostly used for its flavor (the powder form has become my favorite popcorn topping ever). It has a lot of nutrients/vitamins as well.

lunarsongbird
02-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Morning, Ladies! What's this week looking like for you?
Business as usual for me. This week I get to miss a few hours of work to participate in some American Cancer Society stuff, which is nice. I'm the Road to Recovery Coordinator for the Pikes Peak Region. I'm in charge of pairing up cancer patients that need rides to their treatments with volunteer drivers.

TOM is arriving soon, so I'm feeling a bit tired. I hope I don't let it impact my exercise plans this week. I was at 222 this morning- and how how I would love to be at 200 this Saturday...or :: gasp :: 219! I would just SQUEEEEE! But again....that pesky TOM. At least I'm getting close!!

I'm going to try to get out for a walk this morning, but it looks like it's...12 degrees or something. I'll check in soon!

What things are you looking forward to this week? Any obstacles?

Iheartsushi418
02-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi Lunarsongbird!
Can I just say I smile when I read your posts? You seem like you have great energy and it comes across in your posts. So, thanks for that!

Also, as a person who has had cancer touch my family, thank you for the work you are doing with cancer patients. People don't realize how just a ride to treatment could be a life or death proposition. It seems like such a simple thing, and goes to show how we can take such things for granted very easily.

Anyway, this week I am looking forward to helping my husband in his office today setting up some spreadsheets (yes, I am a nerd who likes spreadsheets). I'm going to be working on some hair bows and bibs/burp cloths for my business after being away from it for a couple of weeks. I really look forward to it....love it, and it helps me keep from snacking and feeling like I NEED TO EAT ALL THE THINGS! Once I get on the creative mode I am FOCUSED!

Obstacles: It is so rainy and dreary here. I'm in South Carolina and I'm spoiled by sunshine, but it seems like I haven't seen the sun for weeks. We got a little sunshine yesterday...but I don't know when we will see it again.

Iheartsushi418
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Tziri,
I looked at your progress pics and you look amazing! Very inspirational!

Kat117
02-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Morning all!

I think my biggest obstacale this week is myself and working at a job that keeps me hyper understimulated. So the brain tends to go off in tangents and I don't get my work done because I don't like it.

Hanging in at 196/197. Looking forward to 195... baby steps - that is what I have to keep reminding myself.

Also, going to the dermatologist about some items and am going to ask him about the loose skin issue. I will share any info I get with you all.

Tziri
02-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks sushi, I really appreciate that!

I don't really have any obstacles this week other than my WI will be a day early (could actually care less about that though). I'm excited for this week because my mom and I are going to go out of town and help a close friend move. We get to keep the kids company while they move into their new home and unpack. Their kids are pretty young and a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to it. It also gives us a chance to unload a bunch of our homemade jams and salsas from last summer since fruit season will be starting up again soon! Must clean out pantry!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

FickleHearts
02-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Any of you into photography? I'm in the market for a new DSLR and having a hard time finding one I'll like for a good price. I can't really go over $800 or the hubby will freak LOL.

Total amateur here!

But other than wracking my brain with camera reviews, getting depressing news about the house we're trying to buy, and totally sabotaging myself on Sat for Zaxby's chicken fingers and fries, am having an okay day. It's a monsoon outside, but could be worse!

Really, got to get over this scale hangup this week! I know better than trusting the scale so close to my TOM. I think a break is warranted. As is one from camera review sites..... I dreamed about ISO' and megapixels last night.

Iheartsushi418
02-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Ficklehearts,
I'm not a pro, but photography is a budding hobby of mine. I was itching for a dslr about a month ago and I've been saving. I have sort of an in-between just to learn settings and play around with in the meantime. But when I was looking hard for one, I was surprised with how many were on Craigslist. Some came as a package with lenses, SD cards, bags and tripods. You might have to expand your search a little to include larger cities, but you might be able to get more for your money that way. A lot of them were barely 2 years old and had been replaced at Christmas, or someone gave up a hobby, etc.

FickleHearts
02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks Sushi. I'll check Craigslist in other towns, so far mine has been found wanting.

I was considering the Nikon D5100 whose successor just came out so it's dropped in price. I don't need anything really fancy, just something to learn on and will take decent pics with the kit lens until I can afford nicer ones. I've got time and am hoping prices drop later in March when some other models come out. It's going to be my reward for sticking with this, cheat meal aside LOL.

Iheartsushi418
02-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Nikon.....drooooool! So jealous! I can't wait until I finally get to lay some money down on a new camera. Although I do like the ones I've been taking with my little crap camera. I've been playing around with post production software too. That's something I could do ALL DAY! Maybe I'll make the camera my reward too :)

Thinforme
02-25-2013, 07:38 PM
My week health wise is looking great, I found some regular foods and snacks that are low calorie that I'm loving. Just recovers discovered greek yogurt so yummy and much more filing than regular light yogurt. Started walking at least an hour a day which I'm feeling wonderful about. Still having problems with my son's school and finding them a doctor so lots of appointments "which helps me eat less actually" but my obstacle really I guess is I'm rather lonely as I don't know anyone in South Carolina and I dont make friends easily.

opheliaphoenix
02-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join in here, as well? I could always go for a nice cup of hot tea! :coffee:

@FickleHearts: I just got a Nikon D5100 as a Valentine's gift from my DH this month! I think he was sick of hearing me fawn over DSLRs as well, haha. I am still playing with it, but I love it so far. It was the one I'd chosen after researching tons of cameras within the same price range, and now that the D5200 came out, it was a little easier to attain. The kit lens is nicer than I expected it to be, so I'm happy about that. Of course, I already have a couple lenses in mind for upgrading - especially for macro - but since they are so expensive...this will definitely have to work for now, lol. (Which is fine right now, because I'm just a hobbyist. I don't really need pro gear.) We ended up getting it all used but like new via Amazon, because our Craigslist and like sites in the area have proven worthless, especially for camera stuff. Which is another reason lenses are on a backburner for the time being, because I will probably only be able to afford those as resales from other people. Anyway, good luck on your search! I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

Tziri
02-25-2013, 08:02 PM
My week health wise is looking great, I found some regular foods and snacks that are low calorie that I'm loving. Just recovers discovered greek yogurt so yummy and much more filing than regular light yogurt. Started walking at least an hour a day which I'm feeling wonderful about. Still having problems with my son's school and finding them a doctor so lots of appointments "which helps me eat less actually" but my obstacle really I guess is I'm rather lonely as I don't know anyone in South Carolina and I dont make friends easily.

Have you tried mixing in some powdered peanut butter into your greek yogurt?? It's supposed to be realllllly good especially for dipping fruit or as a spread. It also has less fat and calories than regular peanut butter.

Iheartsushi418
02-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I guess is I'm rather lonely as I don't know anyone in South Carolina and I dont make friends easily.

:hug: I wish I lived closer...I'm in the Pee Dee (Florence).

Thinforme
02-25-2013, 08:24 PM
I haven't tried that yet but I will most deffiantly have to :) Yea I had no idea what a large state it was until I moved here, you ready for the rain tonight? There saying it could get a bit gusty state wide.

lunarsongbird
02-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Thinforme- Have you looked into Meetup.com?
I started this group locally and have met LOADS of wonderful people. When I moved to Colorado...I didn't know anyone.
Meetup is free for members.

http://www.meetup.com/ladies-of-the-front-range

Tziri- Ummm...peanut butter in greek yogurt?! That sounds TO DIE for. I might even add a little cocoa powder.

Ophelia- You are always welcome!!

Poor DH- He is making a fire in the fireplace and setting the alarms off in the house. So far three of them are going off. :(
I'm going to slip into the bath with some sparkling wine. Huzzah! Also- I just downloaded this book- Healing and Transformation Through Self Guided Imagery. http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Transformation-Through-Imagery-ebook/dp/B004G60B08/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361841713&sr=1-5&keywords=guided+imagery

ETA: I think DH might break all the fire alarms in the house.

opheliaphoenix
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
@Thinforme: I know how you feel about being lonely. My husband is in the military, so we move around more than usual. I ended up making some good friends at our last post, but we moved out to Georgia this fall...and, it's already almost March, and I have yet to meet a soul. He's informed me that this post is nothing like our last one, so I doubt I will make any friends through the military. So, until I find a job and try to meet people that way, I'm feel like I'm out of luck for the most part. (DH is originally from GA, but his family is all up north near TN, so I don't even have that to fall back on.) Of course, It doesn't help that I am painfully shy around new people, so I've mostly just mustered friendly waves to the neighbors and such, lol. I wish you luck finding friends to do things with in real life, but I hope you too find comfort in phone calls to friends & family and forums full of genuinely caring people like this one! :)

ETA: Hey, Lunar! I guess I left this window up for awhile, because I only saw your post after posting this one...haha. I will have to see if there's meetup groups around here. Sounds interesting!

Thinforme
02-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Lunar you my lovely lady are such a great source of knowledge :) I will check into that for sure.

Ophelia, I'm the same very shy in real life and all my people are in Florida. Phone calls help but I miss girls nights and play dates to. Personally this place and you wonderful supportive people are my favorite internet place. Facebook thinks I'm cheating on it lol. Good luck to you hopefully we both meet some great people soon.

Daimere
02-25-2013, 09:41 PM
I had my first bellydance class with a different dance studio. It was fun. Everyone was bigger sizes. No one was starring at me (at the tribal class, this skinny mini kept starring at me) and it was fun. We balanced stuff on our heads. I even got a compliment on my undulation (while balancing stuff). Can you imagine it?

opheliaphoenix
02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Daimere: Belly dancing seems so fun, I would love, love, love to try it someday. However, that fear of being the only big person in the group has always intimidated me too much to get over it and just try. Especially coupled with the idea of baring any kind of midriff eventually. :o It's such a beautiful practice, though. That is amazing you found such a comfortable class! I would be over the moon, haha.

Did you just go straight into dance classes, groups, etc...or, did you try it at home first?

Daimere
02-26-2013, 01:27 AM
opheliaphoenix- It is fun! You definitely should! I've taken 2 live classes now. Tribal class and this one is more american caberet. This class was all big girls but the tribal class had a few bigger ladies. This is a 6 week balancing class. So I'll learn how to dance while balancing stuff on my head. I've tried some Neena and Veena DVDs but I like the class dynamic so much more. If you want some good DVD recomendations, I can give you some! Even the teacher today was like, "bellydance is for everyone!" I saw some really great ATS videos of mostly bigger girls bellydancing.

Brandibooxoxo
02-26-2013, 02:25 AM
thinforme- I lived in upstate sc for 6 months and did not meet a soul now I'm in Myrtle Beach and I have met a good bit of people.

I loved reading about nutritional yeast on popcorn (I love popcorn) and reading about crockpot dinners (wish I could cook them fiance isnt to keen on "healthy eating") so usually we each cook our own thing.

FickleHearts
02-26-2013, 09:19 AM
@Ophelia - that's where I sit. We got our tax refund in and I really want to get into photography as I had a Canon rebel xt a long time ago but wanted something easy to learn on since I never really did with the other. Loaned it to a friend like a moron and she lost it... or pawned it, it's up for debate. I was leaning towards the d3200, but for the same price I could get the d5100 which all the reviews say is a better camera even though it's older and has less pixels. I wish I could afford the d5200, but really, for someone like me, I think the d5100 will be just fine and I don't need a 24 mp camera. Craigslist here stinks too even though everywhere I turn there are tons of photography studios LOL. But I picked out the lenses I want and will drool until next year when I might can afford to get them!

@Thin - I love greek yogurt! Now I'm hungry LOL @Tziri - oh and to combine it with peanut butter? I'm really hungry now. Never thought of that.

Husband is driving me batty with wanting to be on a diet and still thinking he can eat a half a pack of Oreo's and be okay. Today's goal is to find him snack foods that he'll like and some low carb meals that he won't fuss about!

charliee
02-26-2013, 09:39 AM
FickleHearts The d5100, is a great camera, you are going to love the shots you can take with it. I have a Canon 60D, but my brother bought the d5100 and he loves it. The extra lens you should buy (if you don't have one already) is the 50mm. Good lord, that lens makes every shot look professional. You can start with the 1.8, it can look a little cheap, but trust me it takes great photo's (and video) later on you can save up for the 1.4.

If you go to youtube and do a search for 50mm lens you'll see what I'm talking about. Good luck! We may have to start a photography thread and share our pictures :)

FickleHearts
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Charliee - bit the bullet and stopped obsessing over the perfect camera and bought it today. It's got awesome reviews all over the place! The 50mm and the 35mm are the top two lenses on my list, so very happy to hear I made a good choice! Alas, it'll be the kit lens for a bit, but haven't heard too many bad things about it thus far. We're going on vaca in about two weeks, so I'll be able to really test it out hopefully.

Photography thread will be fun LOL, but I need to do some learning first.

Pink Hurricane
02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Ophelia~ Where are you guys stationed? We are stationed in GA as well, my husband is also military, so hello fellow military wife! :D

FickleHearts
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh and have to share....

We've had LOT of rain the last week with flash flooding and stuff, which isn't fun, but much needed. Not the flooding of course, but the rain. This morning I let my dogs outside and went back inside. When I left for work, I let them back in and was met with a CHORUS of alligators doing their croaking and clicking noise. It was close enough to tell me they were in my ditches and there were lots of them. VERY THANKFUL my doggies came back inside!

lunarsongbird
02-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Daimere- I'm totally NOT surprised that you got complimented for your undulation. You're TOTALLY awesome. Duh.

ThinforMe- Thanks for the compliment. :) I'm a researchaholic. The more I know- the more success I can have.

My knees are hurting today. So I'm sipping on a large mug of homemade bone broth and put some magnesium oil and baby's vicks vabor rub on my knees. That seems to have helped quite a bit.

Pink Hurricane
02-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Looks like everyone has been doing pretty good! I will start catching back up!

This weekend I did not track properly and I am dealing with the consequences of too much sodium and not keeping track. I know the water weight will come off in the next couple of days, but it looks like I definitely need to get in some extra exercise!

Also it is supposed to be TOM for me, that was supposed to start two days ago. I have Mirena, so it's always super light and doesn't last long, but it's always on time. I think some of the water weight could be coming from that too, so hopefully it will show up soon. This is my last few months with the Mirena IUD so it's possible it will make TOM stop for now. I just hope it's not something more serious!

Fickle~ do you live right next to a swamp or bayou? That's crazy you could hear all of that, kind of cool too but I am glad your doggies were safe!

FickleHearts
02-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Pink - I live next to a creek about 3 blocks from the bay. We have lots of gators in our neck of the woods. We used to have a pond across the road that we had to call wildlife control with about twice a year. They loved it and loved to move into it for the fish. It's been filled in by the owner of the property for a few years though. All the rain has the ones in the woods and creeks coming out to the ditches. My inlaws property has a natural moat 2/3rds around it and we always joked about never having to intentionally put them there!

Kat117
02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Boss is being a D-head today. Must be TOM for him hahaha!

opheliaphoenix
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Daimere: I will definitely consider it if I can get over my neurotic shyness, haha. And, I would love some recommendations! I think if I tried it at home first, I would be much more apt to go to a class...which I agree does sound more fun in general. :yes:

Fickle: I'd looked at the 3200 too, but I'm so happy I went with the 5100. The higher megapixels don't mean as much unless you're a professional who intends to blow up photos to gallery size or microcrop, etc. I think you made the right choice; congrats on buying it! Also, I agree with you and charliee on the 50mm...lusting on that one, for sure. :drool: Haha. (P.S. That's so scary about the alligators!! That would creep me out, lol. So happy your doggies came back, too.)
Pink Hurricane: Hi! :wave: Always nice to see others on here, lol. We are stationed down at Benning, what about you guys?

Thinforme
02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Fickle- Being a native Floridian I know how the gators can be in a flood. Glad your doggies are okay. Tough I miss the sound of a gator croaking and the bull frogs and crickets. Lol though I don't miss the mutant mosquitoes.

FickleHearts
02-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Fickle- Being a native Floridian I know how the gators can be in a flood. Glad your doggies are okay. Tough I miss the sound of a gator croaking and the bull frogs and crickets. Lol though I don't miss the mutant mosquitoes.

Oh I dread the summer and the return of said mosquitoes!!! Those and the sand gnats. We've had such a mild winter they will be horrendous! The rain won't help as it doesn't look like we'll get another freeze before spring.

Iheartsushi418
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
OK, southeastern girls, who is sick of rain??? Wish I had four arms to raise at this point. Plus, because we live in BFE in the middle of the country, we are on a septic tank, which means the drains in my house are running slooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww! Hello short showers and no dishwasher or laundry.

Thinforme
02-26-2013, 04:38 PM
<<Sick of the rain! it's making me all moody and blah and TOM is right around the corner so I don't need the help lol though I am thankful because I know some of our lovely northerners are up to their cute tushies in snow.

Fickle-Oh yes the sand gnats are awful, I imagine it will be a bad summer down there if you have been really mild. everyone thinks Floridians are so lucky because it never stays cold long "which I miss lol" but they have no idea what mutant life forms can breed when it never gets cold enough to kill anything.

FickleHearts
02-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Sorry the rain headed up your ways gals! It's been pretty soggy here for almost a week. Sun came out today and I had forgotten how nice sunlight felt hehe. Haven't had issues with the septic tank here so far, but hope things dry out soon Sushi!

Daimere
02-27-2013, 08:07 AM
opheliaphoenix- I have Jenna's Beyond the Basics (http://www.amazon.com/Belly-Dance-Basics-Beyond-Jenna/dp/B000FSL8WQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361919478&sr=8-1&keywords=jenna+beyond+basics), Autumn Ward's Beautiful Technique (http://www.amazon.com/Bellydance-Beautiful-Technique-Beginners-Flawless/dp/B001L9UG6W/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1361919521&sr=1-1&keywords=autumn+ward). These are more caberet style bellydance. If you like American Tribal, FatChance Bellydance Volume 1 (http://www.bellydance.com/FatChanceBellyDance-Tribal-Basics-Vol-1-Dance-Fundamentals--DVD_p_698.html). I'm still searching for a good workout related bellydance video. I have done Neena and Veena's Slim down bellydance for fitness DVD but none of the others (I think those are less bellydance related).

lunarsongbird
02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Is Tiazza Rose any good? My friend wants to do some of her videos with me on Tuesday. I think she talks a little fast:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tiazzawilson

FickleHearts
02-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Well, I've danced around the same 3 lb loss/gain for two weeks now thanks to nature and really, who knows. I've stayed fairly on plan the whole time, aside from my one meal cheat at Zaxby's. But.....All my pants in my closet fit now, some are too loose, and my shirts have stopped being all clingy! I feel like I've made progress despite the scale not moving. I also went home and did 15 min on the elliptical, which yeah, isn't much compared to the 45-60 min I used to do. I feel like I accomplished something hanging in there for 15 since two months ago I couldn't have done 2! Tonight I'm going to push for 20. I forgot how much I LOVED exercising once upon a time. Put me on some music and get to it.....

Hope you all have a great day!

opheliaphoenix
02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Oi, ladies. Feeling like crud today. I just posted this on my weight thread, but I will repost here to save energy, ha. "...I have apparently caught whatever stuffy, congested, drainy, runny sickness my husband has had all week, so I'm just feeling like going back to bed...ugh, lol. About to go get some medicine and drink some Emergen-C to try to curb it off before it develops full-on, and hopefully it won't last as long as his has been going on. Yuck!" Hope you ladies are feeling better today than I am! Also, I'm about to go make some of that Emergen-C we have in the kitchen. Do you guys think that stuff helps or is overhyped? Right now, I'm just assuming vitamins will help more than hurt, so I'll try it anyway.

Daimere: Thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out today. :yes:

Fickle: That's awesome! Definitely an NSV. The scale doesn't always reflect much change, but it sounds like your body is showing you the progress. Great work. :)

FickleHearts
02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Opheilaphoenix - Thank you! I really hope you feel better. I recently got over pneumonia and it was horrible! Don't wish that on anyone. Extra vitamin C can't hurt although I've never used emergen-c. Best thing is rest and fluids :hug:

Angihas2
02-27-2013, 03:44 PM
So...I haven't posted on this thread yet.

Today is day 1 without smoking. I'm going to gnaw the furniture. I'm also juicing/fasting from solids until I can clear my system of some hidden gluten that has me locked up tighter than a ducks butt. Needless to say, the hubs is avoiding me and placating me when we happen to cross paths.

I know the benefits to quitting and to losing weight. It's just gotta get done. But holy bat fire!!

I use to tell people, it was either losing weight OR quitting smoking but I could never do both at once. Well...why not? If I can lose 100+ pounds over and over again, by stars I can stop smoking. And I can get healthy all at once, not over a longer period and time. AND the sooner my lungs are clear, the sooner I can start running. Because I am determined to be running again by my birthday, which is April 1st, to do that, gotta get closer to less than 200 lbs to protect my already many times injured knee, and having clear lungs is just going to be one less thing to battle against while getting back to running.

I'm sorry, I know its alot of run on, babbling stuff. I really want to smoke. And eat a fat *** steak.

charliee
02-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Angihas2 Congrats on quitting smoking!! Even though it's only been 1 day, I still consider it quitting. I've been smoke free for a year now (this time) and while some days it's really hard, I feel comfortable saying that I'll never go back.

opheliaphoenix I'm sorry your'e sick :( Emergen-C has really worked for me in the past. It's not immediate, but I definitely feel like it shortened my suffering. Hope you feel better soon.

The weather is so stinky here right now, it's hard to stay positive, I really want to crawl into bed until spring.

lunarsongbird
02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Ugh. I'm totally exhausted. And dealing with some anxiety today.
I went from a Cancer Society meeting- straight into a Tech Expo Career Fair- straight into a Class Presentation- straight into a Society of Human Resources Management meeting...and now- 9 hours later, I'm finally getting a chance to sit down.

Some people may like this schedule, but it makes me feel worn out. And I still have 2 hours at work where I need to be on my A-game, because my students deserve my very best all the time.

ophelia- YUCK. I had that two weeks ago. I was feeling icky and miserable and DH thought I was just being a drama llama. (which IMO- was totally not the case).
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1007/1330039550_81af683fc0.jpg
I doubt they have these at your local store, but the Kick-Asss Immune helped me a lot: http://www.wishgardenherbs.com/
Native Americans use osha root (also known as bear root) for their respiratory issues.

Ang- How are you feeling? I can't imagine what you are going through. :( Although I've read about the amino acid and phenylalanine in helping while quitting smoking (Notice I didn't say "trying" to to quit smoking. You will rock this. There will be no trying. ;))
http://www.smartbodyz.com/DL-Phenylalanine-DLPA-Side-Effects-Structure-Supplements-Pg2.htm

Daimere
02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Is Tiazza Rose any good? My friend wants to do some of her videos with me on Tuesday. I think she talks a little fast:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tiazzawilson

I personally say no, especially if you have never taken bellydance before/familiar with dance posture. Everything I've seen has pointed out that proper bellydance posture should have hips slightly tucked. She says that pelvis don't have to be tucked. I've tried one of her videos and I'm completely lost on what she's trying to say. Honestly I can't understand her a quarter of the time. I'd say she'd be okay for someone already familiar with bellydance posture and basic moves and just wants a review

lunarsongbird
02-27-2013, 09:08 PM
I want to go home now. :(
http://somefun.net/fun/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Grumpy-cat-I-keep-hitting-the-escape-key-310x205.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/5511_534918539861509_653641803_n.jpg

Brandibooxoxo
02-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Iheartsushi418- YES! THE RAIN NEEDS TO GO AWAY I'M TIRED OF MY DRIVEWAY BEING FLOODED! Sorry for the yelling but I totally agree I've been wanting to run and I cant because every morning its raining ;( boo! I hope for all of us southeasterners that we will begin to get plenty of sunshine!

Angihas2
02-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Day 2: so far, no casualties. The worst is when I wake up. I seriously would rather just stay in bed for 3-7 days and wake up with all those nicotine cravings gone. Unfortunately, the kids pretty much laughed in my face at 0600 this morning, when I mentioned that idea.

This to shall pass and the rewards are so much more significant, long term, than that cigarette is, short term.

lunarsongbird
02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Ang, You're doing great, my friend!!
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/ducahdoo/kycu.jpg

FickleHearts
02-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Managed to do 30 min on the elliptical yesterday and my legs hate me for it LOL. I think I'll go back to 15 until they get less angry and hurtful. Unless a really good song comes out and I just have to continue!

My new walking shoes will be in tomorrow, just in time for it to get cold. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My camera came in today and anxious to get home to start playing with it. Hope my doggies are ready to be models! Weather permitting, we're going to the beach on Sat to really give it a work out and one more week until my Great Smokey Mountain vacation! :dance:

Hope you all have a great day!

Pink Hurricane
02-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Starting 6 Week 6 Pack tomorrow, now that I have done the workout a couple of times I feel confident to go all the way with it. Otherwise my body has been a little out of whack, I don't know if it's because of my birth control or because of my change in diet and eating a lot more fruits and veggies or what, but either way I am going to make a doctor appointment some time this month just to make sure everything is okay. I might be a little paranoid but I would rather be safe than sorry!

How has everyones' week been?

lunarsongbird
03-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Well, here we are. The first day of March. Another new beginning. Perhaps the birds in my neighborhood feel it too. They are out in mass! Hundreds of birds singing, chirping and playing. I just had to shoo a woodpecker away from jackhammering into my gutter. I wonder if they can sense spring is on it's way.

Emily Dickinson (1830–86). Complete Poems. 1924.
Part Two: Nature
LXXXVII

DEAR March, come in!
How glad I am!
I looked for you before.
Put down your hat—
You must have walked—
How out of breath you are!
Dear March, how are you?
And the rest?
Did you leave Nature well?
Oh, March, come right upstairs with me,
I have so much to tell!

I got your letter, and the bird’s;
The maples never knew
That you were coming,—I declare,
How red their faces grew!
But, March, forgive me—
And all those hills
You left for me to hue;
There was no purple suitable,
You took it all with you.

Who knocks? That April!
Lock the door!
I will not be pursued!
He stayed away a year, to call
When I am occupied.
But trifles look so trivial
As soon as you have come,
That blame is just as dear as praise
And praise as mere as blame.

lunarsongbird
03-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't know where this week went. It seemed to fly by, except for apparently the last two work hours of Wednesday when I was miserable- as it's documented here. Lots of exercise, meetings at work, and quite a few walks.

DH has to work most of the weekend. -_- At least I can focus on some housework, I suppose.

What does everyone's weekend look like?

Daimere
03-01-2013, 09:11 AM
I started reading Full-Filled. It was in the bargain bin at walmart. I can see lil bits like Beck so far. Other than that, I think I should take progress pictures (most of mine are in my undies). I don't see a difference in my body but maybe the new pictures will show me progress? Other than that, my shoulder/rotator cuff has been killing me lately. horrible horrible. :( I work this weekend. And I work two 12s this weekend too

lunarsongbird
03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Bummer, Daimere. Hopefully you will get some quality hooping time in this weekend too??

Have you been tracking any inches? You can do that when you take progress pictures today. I was going to take pictures today but I can't find my "weigh in" clothes. I thought I might take them tomorrow. :)

FickleHearts
03-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Despite a sudden cold snap, we're going to the beach tomorrow to test out my camera and enjoy nature for a bit.

I want to take progress pics too just for my own piece of mind, but I have no decent before pic to compare it too. I'm either sitting down behind something or avoiding the camera in some way as I loathe having my picture taken.

It's my b-day month and we're going on vacation in a week..... Really really don't want to go off plan, but it's so hard to eat low carb and travel :( My aunt is letting us use her mountain cabin for free, so it'll be a cheap trip thankfully! Except for gas....... YIKES

Hope you get a good report Pink! And Daimere, I can't tell via looking in the mirror if I've lost anything, but my coworkers and family swear by it. So do my clothes, but my eyes say it is all lies! Hope you can rest your shoulder!

Have an awesome weekend everyone.

charliee
03-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Ficklehearts please share your pics from beach, I'm excited to see them.

Is it possible time can be flying by and standing still at the same time. I feel like Jan/Feb flew by and yet I'm impatient for the summer because I'll be that much closer to my goal.

Daimere
03-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Bummer, Daimere. Hopefully you will get some quality hooping time in this weekend too??

Have you been tracking any inches? You can do that when you take progress pictures today. I was going to take pictures today but I can't find my "weigh in" clothes. I thought I might take them tomorrow.

I doubt it. Also since my shoulder is hurting, I can't really dance how I LOVE to dance with the hoop. I've been spinning on a bike on lunch breaks lately. I've only lost 4 inches around my body this month. I think that's about 6-8 inches over the last two months.

Also over Christmas I got a good amount of scrubs that actually fit. So even if someone at work comments on weight, I have no clue if it's "real weight loss" or just better fitting clothes. The one scrub top I don't wear anymore still doesn't fit well.

And the scale is up from where I didn't sleep much today.

Pink Hurricane
03-02-2013, 02:48 AM
This should be a good weekend but it's going to be a challenge to stay OP. We are celebrating my husband's birthday and going out to eat twice with family so I am going to have to do some preplanning with the menus at those places to see what I can eat without killing my plan and still being able to enjoy myself. I am really looking forward to it though, I got him what I think is an awesome present. :D

Daimere
03-02-2013, 09:04 AM
I took some pictures and comparing to my 2012 pictures, I see no difference. :( I didn't take a January before cause if I intentionally take a before picture, I give up. Happens every time. I don't see a difference at all.

lunarsongbird
03-02-2013, 02:57 PM
I wonder if we would see a difference. I didn't see much of a difference with my progress pictures this month, until my consultant pointed some of the things out:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4652479-post387.html

It turns out that I'm actually getting a butt!
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpdWdj50AM_zpsb4602060.jpg

opheliaphoenix
03-02-2013, 03:02 PM
I think you can definitely see a difference, Lunar! You're doing awesome. You look like you're getting better posture, getting firmer all around, and the booty has been cleared for lift-off! Haha. :cp:

lunarsongbird
03-02-2013, 03:05 PM
I thought the same thing about posture. Isn't that interesting? And my phone only has a 5 second timer, so I didn't have much time to consciously think about my posture. What do you think causes better posture? I'm pleased, because this journey isn't just about weight loss for me- it's also about wellness.

Daimere
03-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Mines in my undies (what's the difference between bikini and underwear? Nothing):
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3fdcd075179fc2d9bc0a54c396c5419c/tumblr_mj1dohKDkT1s3y7puo1_500.jpg

I didn't check how I had my body when I took this picture in 2012 (which I thought was around 260 too).

left 2012, right today

charliee
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Lunar, there is a big difference!! You're going to have to learn to booty pop with that booty (even if it's only in the mirror).

Strengthening your core helps with your posture, as your stomach, side and back muscles get stronger you stand straighter. Nice work girl, you really do look great!

Daimiere, I'm with you, I've dropped 20 pounds and I don't see much of a change in the mirror either. But I'm sure if you could go back take your measurements you'd find that they are smaller today. Your stomach definitely looks smaller to me.

Daimere
03-02-2013, 10:06 PM
I have taken measurements. 2 inches waist, 1.5 inches on my hips and 2 inches on my ribcage.

opheliaphoenix
03-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Oh my god, you guys. Today was my first day of working out again...and, I about died. :tired: How did I let myself get this out of shape!!!? I was only 15 lbs lighter than I am now when I started my weight loss journey last time, and I don't remember getting this winded so quickly. :o I found Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred online for free, and I wanted a set workout, so I figured..."hey, might as well try it." It wasn't even that high impact, just fast-paced, and I was whimpering like a puppy halfway through. Ugh. Can I just fast forward in time to when I have built up my stamina to more than -30%? Hmmm, lol. :chin:

Daimere: Believe it or not, I can actually see the smaller inches. I even confirmed it by holding up a card to line up where your shoulder strap meets down to where it would coincide with your knee, and there's actually a bigger difference than what it may appear to the naked eye, especially in the thigh area! I know, I'm weird...lol. But, it's true. Please don't get discouraged. Every single inch counts, and when they start to add up, you'll be amazed. ;)

Daimere
03-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Believe it or not, I can actually see the smaller inches.

Thank you!

FickleHearts
03-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Daimere and Lunar - I can see differences and great job!!

The beach was an ugly mess this weekend after all the rain and wind we had. Was not our normal emerald green waters and was not worthy of pictures. Love the camera still though! Can't wait till I get to put it to good use on vacation.

I was bad again this weekend. So disheartened about not losing anything, I just said scr*w it on Sat. Enedd up eating nuggets and fries. But that was my only truly bad meal. One meal didn't undo anything I've done, but still..... No loss yet and mother nature is taking her time this month. That does have me concerned :(. And I'm trying so hard not to get depressed and quit permanently. I don't know what else to do to get the scale to move down. I've eaten less, I've eaten more, I've worked out..... So frustrating.

Back to working out this evening despite the lack of progress. I've planned lots of hikes next week to see some great waterfalls, provided they aren't frozen and would like to be able to enjoy them without being so out of breath.

Kat117
03-05-2013, 10:42 AM
morning all. having a rough few days because of being outside in teh cold all day Saturday. It has my fibromyalgia in a massive flare up and I am in pain all over. Hard to be at work and get anything productive done when all you can think about is which parts are hurting. But - it will get better in time.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Pink Hurricane
03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Lunar and Damiere both of you look great and you can really see a difference!!!

Ophelia to answer your question from last time I was on this thread, we are at Ft. Gordon, so you are about a few hours away! Also 30 Day Shred is no joke! I love it though, I start 6 Week 6 Pack officially yesterday and I am thinking about doing 30 Day Shred with it to get my butt into high gear!

Fickle weekends are hard for me too because that is the downtime my husband and I finally have together after we both go through the workweek craziness, so it's super hard to stay OP. This weekend wasn't too bad because we ended up going for a jog together but I still ate more than I should have. But you are right get back on track and you can do it!

Kat I'm sorry to hear about your flare up and the pain you are in, I really hope you start feeling better soon!!! :hug:

As for me this weekend was not as bad off plan like most weekends tend to be for me. My husband and I went for a run and did our grocery shopping and made sure not to buy a lot of junk. We stocked up on some healthy stuff which is always a plus, keeps me going. I did day 2 of the 6 Week 6 Pack this morning and am considering doing 30 Day Shred along with it, whether it'd be every day or every other day, I just need to do it!

Thinforme
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I had a pretty good weekend, To those who have a hard time on weekend "works for me" I save calories all week so that I can splurge. I actually had almost 2500 extra on saturday so I eat what I wanted "including mcdonalds" with my family. So maybe try to save some for extra on the weekend. Alot of appointments for the kids this next two weeks but we are finally making head way :)

Vex
03-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I really can see a difference in both of the pictures posted. I know it's slow going convincing ourselves that we're really losing weight.

A few people here at 3FC have talked about the "paper towel" analogy, and I think it's really true for those of us in the 200s - when you have that full paper towel and start peeling it off one at a time, you really don't notice much difference. Slowly you peel it off one sheet at a time, when suddenly it seems like it's almost gone and you're surprised how fast it took to get that way.

Pink Hurricane
03-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Thinforme that is a great idea about saving calories for the weekend! WAAAAAYYY back in the day when I did Weight Watchers that was something I had looked forward to and worked extra hard during the week for, was to use those extra points for a splurge on the weekend. I always stayed within that budget, but it really helped me. I think I could apply the same concept again to my plan now, I am calorie counting so I think it would work!

lunarsongbird
03-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Daimere, I'm at the gym at my phone... getting a slightly smaller perspective on your pictures ... and HOLY GEEZE, lady!! You might still be the same shape, but you are way smaller. Seriously. Take a look on your phone.

Daimere
03-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Daimere, I'm at the gym at my phone... getting a slightly smaller perspective on your pictures ... and HOLY GEEZE, lady!! You might still be the same shape, but you are way smaller. Seriously. Take a look on your phone.

Even on my cell i don't see the difference. I think i look better on the left (2012) yhan i fo now. Maybe it's a mental block? I don't see it on my clothes and can blame all these other things on looser clothes. Would exercise make that much of a difference?

By the way, 100 pound club is the one place where i feel comfortable and welcomed. I post other places but i feel ignored alot. It was the same a few years ago too. Thanks evetyone for helping this place to be my 3fc home! And i love this chat thread

SarahFairhope
03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Im not sure how I missed this thread, but I'm jumping in! *wave*

Thinforme
03-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Daimere - I feel the same about the other forums, this is deffiantly my "home".

FickleHearts
03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Same here! This is the best forum.

I'm actually considering doing WW's again, as Mon-Fri I can stick to things like glue, but we tend to go out on Sat. and Sun is my stay at home lounge around day. Sat. is my hurdle and I loved the weekly points that helped me splurge that day! I'm not losing a thing now so might not hurt to switch things up a bit.

Three more days and it's vacation time!!! WOOT

charliee
03-06-2013, 09:03 AM
I agree, this is definitely my fave forum. You guys are the best!

opheliaphoenix
03-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome, SarahFairhope! :wave:

And, I agree with all of you...I love this forum, and you guys are awesome. Group hug! :grouphug: Haha.

elvislover324
03-06-2013, 09:10 AM
I can't keep up in all threads that I read and haven't posted here in a while, but I do check in on you all!!

Just saying hi. :)

lunarsongbird
03-06-2013, 09:23 AM
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1342/1430037240_6e94fb40a2.jpg

I too adore this thread. Seriously- 100 pound club makes my life so much more awesome. I'm not kidding. I look forward to it every single day.

Daimere- I think exercise can definitely make a different with inches and body composition. Last month I lost 3 inches of my knees. MY KNEES?! My consultant says that she sees it every single time one of her clients begins exercising. So it can definitely start shifting things around, I think. I attribute exercise to the shaping of my derriere. ;)

So as you know- I made it to the gym again last night. I want to see a really wonderful number on the scale Friday morning (official WI)- so I'm doing everything in my power to make that happen. However, last night I just could NOT decide if I wanted to go to the gym or stay at home and clean. I didn't know what would make me more content at the end of the day. So I posted it out to my FB friends. Unanimous decision- gym.

So I headed out to the gym, but it was almost like the universe was stalling me. At first I forgot my earphones...so I turn back down the street to get them. I forgot my water bottle...back to the house....Oh...Nope. It's in the car. And then down the street I pass a dog wandering around. Oh goodness...Well, I can't let that happen. (I will always try to return a lost dog. I returned my neighbors dog in high school after she got hit by a car. She bit me in the face, because she was scared- and she did end up passing away, but at least my neighbors got to be with her when she passed.) I got out of the car and the dog obviously knew it wasn't supposed to be out- so it started running towards it's house. I followed it slowly until I lost it...

Then I headed to the gym. I did 45 minutes on the arc trainer....and I should probably get myself dressed to head out again.

MadCowOnTheMend
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Hello, I'm new. I just posted my bio. I don't share my real name because I just don't want the drama of my family finding me. :-)

I am hoping to rejoin the YMCA this week and start doing water aerobics. I really love exercise, I just deal with a lot of pain and have not been able to. I'm looking forward to some support and getting to know others who are working on being healthier!!

Thinforme
03-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Welcome madcow, Great for you on becoming healthier :)

FickleHearts
03-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Welcome Madcow!

:welcome:

On a funny note, I just ordered my own b-day cake because the lady was on the phone and I don't trust my husband to do it LOL. Cake you say? Yes, it's my one vice for the day and I love this ladies cakes, they are so awesome! I deserve a break on my b-day and I got it big enough to share with the office. I'm sneaky like that. Have a piece and make sure it gets ate before I go home so there are no left overs.

WOOT

Now to wait the three weeks for my b-day hehe.

Pink Hurricane
03-06-2013, 01:45 PM
I agree this forum is the place that feels like home to me, that people will understand me the most and that I feel like I can also help and give support too! I love that we can keep each other going and help each other stay on track! :kickbutt:

Today things feel so much more different, I got in my morning workout and I have been feeling beyond fantastic all day! This afternoon I am picking up the other two children I nanny and we are going to do a power walk around the track together and then I am going to let them play while doing homework one on one with them. I've noticed they are more relaxed and focused when we do homework at the park versus at home. I think the fresh air makes a difference!

Tonight I am going to spend time with my husband and make us a yummy and healthy dinner before he goes to work. I'm thinking either a good chicken alfredo or wonton tacos (think Applebees here :) ) Since I already took care of my workout, tonight I am going to take that extra time to clean up the house and catch up on some reading and gaming!

Thinforme
03-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Pink hurricane- where can I get the recipe for the wanton tacos? I love tacos but oh my gosh calorie overload!

FickleHearts
03-06-2013, 02:09 PM
What games do you play Pink?

I love rpg's personally, but play lots of shooters with my hubby when we find the time! He's really into Gears of War and is driving me nuts waiting on the new prequel one to come out.

Pink Hurricane
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Thinforme I use a little recipe I sort of came up with on a whim! I make 'mini' wonton tacos. I use my 12-muffin muffin pan, all natural wonton wrappers, lean ground beef, salsa, black olives, green onions, taco seasoning, and a pinch of mexican shredded cheese on each one! I can give you the full recipe if you'd like!

Fickle I LOVEEEE rpgs and shooters! I love the Elder Scrolls series, Oblivion and now Skyrim, also Borderlands, All of the Call of Duty series, Minecraft, Mass Effect, and Halo is pretty awesome. I'm a gamer nerd, have been since I was 4 with my old school Nintendo :D

lunarsongbird
03-06-2013, 09:56 PM
I gave DH Skyrim last Valentine's day, but he hasn't played it. -_- He's obsessed with Star Wars on PC.

Gosh, I'm so tired tonight. I think tonight I will relax and watch some tv.

Thinforme
03-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Pink Hurricane- Those so delicious I'd love the full recipe :)

FickleHearts
03-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Pink - I just finished with Skyrim again for the second time and about the time I finished, Dragonborn came out for the PC. Alas, I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur atm on the PC since the hubby hogged it all last year on the Xbox and promptly lost it so will have to get back to Skyrim when I'm done with it. We both absolutely love Borderlands, Halo, Mass Effect, all of them really. And Dead Space. Total gamer here too!

Lunar - he doesn't know what he is missing! Skyrim is a great game. I had to break myself off MMO's. I got tired of the gamer community in general with them, especially WoW. Will never understand why people have to get so nasty. :( We occasionally play GW's 2 when there isn't anything else out to catch our attention. And Bethesda is releasing a MMO for the Elder Scrolls pretty soon I think. I may check it out.

I had a good night. We went out to eat at a local steak house. Still no joy with my problem, but I figure it happens. Two more days till vacation. Was informed last night there is no internet connection there. Um.... I think I might die from withdrawal.... Cell phone data plan is about to get some use!

charliee
03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Pink Hurricane, can I get that full recipe too? It sounds awesome!

Angihas2
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Pink Hurricane - post that recipe lady, that sounds amazing!! Do you have calorie/nutritional data on those?! Cus I'm thinking, from the sounds, you could have 4-6 of those for a reasonable amount!!

It's a good day. More morning bickering with the male type. Ugh. Things be getting tense, he's wanting counseling, but he doesn't want me to bring up issues a, b, or c. Well...then why the crap should I go?!?! If we're, read him, really wanting to change things and improve out relationship, then ALL of it needs to be in the open. Like my stepmom says, "Sometimes people just need to hear a professional tell them they're acting like a jack ***, hence, counseling". I don't know. I can't see the sense in even making the appointment, sitting there, chit chatting, at our expense and not being totally open about it. I'm not paying dude to have social time, I've got friends who do that for free.

Weather has everyone all stopped and sniffling. That horrible head cold, fuzzy headed, sleep all day thing. Except the baby. He's a tummy sleeper, so as soon as he flops on his tummy his little nose stops up and he sounds like a heffalump.

Hope everyone has an awesome Thursday!!

elvislover324
03-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Thinforme I use a little recipe I sort of came up with on a whim! I make 'mini' wonton tacos. I use my 12-muffin muffin pan, all natural wonton wrappers, lean ground beef, salsa, black olives, green onions, taco seasoning, and a pinch of mexican shredded cheese on each one! I can give you the full recipe if you'd like!

Let's have a 3FC get-together and we can all go to your house for wonton tacos!! Sounds delish! :D

MadCowOnTheMend
03-07-2013, 09:34 AM
those wonton tacos sound amazing!! I can't have gluten, so the wonton wrappers are out. :-(

I'm having a good morning except that the chest pain from my hernia will not stop the last two days. I wonder if the high liquid content of my diet is aggravating it. It hurts. I hate it.

I started my Dr. recommended diet on Monday and I weighted 3 lbs down this morning at 245. That was encouraging. The hope is to lose 15lbs before my surgery which will be anytime 2-6 weeks from now.

I am absolutely HORRIBLE at writing things down and I know that I really need to keep track of what I'm eating. So I have decided to make a food photo journal on my facebook page( I made one for my blog). That way when I take the photos they automatically upload to that album. I'm committing to taking photos of everything I eat. I started yesterday morning and I think it's going to work for me!! I know it's not the same as writing it down, but with 4 kids, working from home and homeschooling, I feel like it's a good compromise.

lunarsongbird
03-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Madcow- Your photo album sounds wonderful!! I'm so glad that you made it to our board. Which surgery are you getting? Are you nervous? You've been thinking about for awhile now... Do you like your doctor? Also- I think it's awesome that you homeschool. Did you also have natural births? (Sorry- I'm ridiculously nosey. Please feel free to ignore all inappropriate questions.)

Ang, that's funny about counseling and not being able to bring up certain issues. I would definitely go to the therapist. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up bringing up those issues himself. Aww...You have yourself a baby heffalump.
http://itrainthereforeieat.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/heffalump.jpg

Fickle, I agree with the gaming community. I just don't get it... I could be waiting 40 minutes for a boss to spawn that I need for a quest and some d-bag comes up and kills him just because he can? I can't stand that type of behavior. I used to play a lot of WoW. I don't really miss it.

So I have my official WI and I would like to officially be in the Two-Teens. I didn't really eat much yesterday so I was surprised to see the number on the scale today, because it was a bit higher then usual. I think I might have had TONS of sodium yesterday. In fact- I should start pounding the water now.

Also- I found this AWESOME program in Colorado that gives me free money to lose weight in Colorado!! I'm hoping I can get some 3FC members to join a team challenge, we'll see.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/277139-excited-out-my-mind-awesome-colorado.html

Thinforme
03-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Mad Cow- do you have a android or I phone? There are a few awesome app's that count calories and nutrition. I like lose it but there is also my fitness pa l. they make logging so easy and I know loseit is fun and very easy to use.

MadCowOnTheMend
03-07-2013, 10:26 AM
lunarsongbird- I am having RNY bypass and repair of my hernia at the same time. The hernia is horrible and acts up any time my stomach is empty. So it's a lot when I'm on this diet and actually explains so much about my eating history. The pain is like a heart attack and lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours. I have had 14 hours of pit without an epidural in one of my births. I would do THAT again over this pain. No joke.
I planned natural births and homebirths. WOrked my rear off and ended up with c-sections. I am actually a birth professional and have a fantastic rate of helping others have natural birth (my c-section rate for them is .04%). I have a spinal issue that really did impact my births, although each one was planned to be a VBAC. I'm at peace with my experience and happy that I can encourage others with it. :-)

Thinforme- I do have an iPhone. Maybe I should consider the app when I get in a better routine. For now, the photos are less work with my crazy lifestyle and it's about all I can actually do successfully. And the photos being posted on my FB page five me extra support from people who "like" them or comment. It's very encouraging. You can find me on FB if you just search for Mad Cow On The Mend. It's a page, not a personal profile, so anyone can see it.

Oh,

SarahFairhope
03-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Fickle - Vacation?! Alright, Im jealous. FUN! And I always make my own birthday plans. All that stuff means too much to me to let my husband do it.
ophelia - Hi, thanks! :D
lunar - Oh man, I sooo have a tough time keeping those kind of things from interfering in my workout plans. GOOD for you for making it happen even when the universe is throwing distractions at ya.
MadCow - HI! Looks like you might be my twin ;)
Pink - Oh, morning workouts are the best. Its great to know that you got it in - nice job!
Angi - I've got domestic drama with my manfolk too, so I can feel ya on that one. :hug: For me, its just me being in a crappy (but temporary) spot and getting cranky with not getting help from him. He thinks he is being super supportive, which he is, just not in the flavor that actually HELPS me. Meh. I'm in counseling myself - mostly just learning to manage my ADHD, and I find it really helpful when there is manfolk drama to help get perspective alone. I agree with you, I cannot IMAGINE going to a counselor with the idea that "we absolutely will not discuss A, B & C. Seems silly for sure. Maybe you can backdoor it? Like, go in with him to a cognitive behavior therapist and stick to action items that aren't working for you. If they are connected to A, B & C - the therapist will key right in on that and say, "okay, whats going on with that?" Then leave it to husband to decide how he is going to manage resolving action item without bringing up A, B & C? And awww... heffalump.

I'm dealing with a fair amount of stress. We are preparing to move in 4 months, 3,200 miles to Seattle. *le sigh* I have been seeing a nutritionalist who is treating my "maybe" PCOS with a eating plan geared to very stable blood sugar. I think it has helped me get over my one month weight loss stall and it has certainly helped me avoid crabbiness in between meals. Those Diva Sni.ckers commercials? Totally me. So far I've lost 42lbs with diet alone. I KNOW I need to incorporate some exercise, just can't quite get my head in the game with all this other moving drama swirling around.

lunarsongbird
03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Sarah, OOoooh....Seattle. I've always LOVED the Pacific Northwest. I'm going to be in seattle in June. Looks like I'll be missing you. Otherwise I would have suggested lunch! DH's Aunt lives in Seattle. Does your PCOS eating plan have you cutting out gluten and such?

Madcow, I'm just fascinated with birth. To the nth degree, really- I've combined the reading lists of all the doula certifying agencies- sorted them by how often the book is repeated- and those are the books that I have been reading first. Just finished Spiritual Midwifery. I'm on this wellness journey to heal as much as I can before having children.

Both of my parents have ulcerative colitis and neither have colons anymore. Just imagine what my gut flora will be like?! And I do NOT want to give that flora to my children. Also- I would really like to have home births and have already made contact with a midwife.

On another note- I'm trying to figure out if my abuela kitty has missing teeth. She won't really let me have a good look. She has gotten sick every day that I have had her. I don't know what cat food she was on before, so it could be change of cat food. It could be stress. Gosh, it could be SOOOO many things. What if she has kidney or liver failure? Or just IBD? Wouldn't that be ironic.. woman with IBD adopts cat with IBD. We're going to take her to the vet soon. I hate feeling anxious.

MadCowOnTheMend
03-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Sarah- My husband always talks about how wonderful Seattle is. He would move there in a second. The cold terrifies me. I'm a warm weather girl and I'm pretty sure our brood of children would revolt. But it always looks so lovely in photos and movies. I do love rain. I'm sure the move will be intense, but I bet you'll love it. And yes, you look like my closest twin!!

lunarsongbird- Yeah!! Being educated is absolutely the best way to give birth!! It's fantastic that you are preparing so well. First time parents are often so shocked by all of the information they need. No matter what the outcome of a birth is, having the information to make informed decisions, confidently, can change everything. Keep it up!

Daimere
03-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Ugh! I went to get gas plus some quick healthy food at kroger and locked myself (sans phone) out of my car. Had to ask the lady beside me to use her phone (which was in spanish and a blackberry that I had no clue how to operate). Wait for my husband to come, call AAA, wait for AAA, and then he hat trouble getting it unlocked. UGH. I'm hardly going to get sleep now. :(

lunarsongbird
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Oh no, Damiere! UGH! Did you lock yourself out in front of the pump? I did that one time. I felt awful. What a pain.

Why no sleep? :(

I'm at work. It's only 1:31 here and I'm feeling great. I don't know why my mood is so wonderful today, but I need to figure it out so that I can replicate it!

SarahFairhope
03-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Lunar - No one in our home has an food intolerances at all, so it isn't a concern for us. The PCOS diet actually just follows the standard dietary recommendations for everyone, it is just more mindful of the combinations. Healthy Carb (12g) + Fiber (2g+) + Protein (~6g) at every snack/meal and eat every 3hrs. The idea is to ensure that the body always has a slower processing carb on board. Im really digging it. And if you want to meet up for lunch, I'll give you a heads up when Im in Denver. ;) One of my BFFs lives in Boulder, so CO trips for me arent too uncommon. :D

Damiere - UGH!! Lame sauce :(

I'm actually VERY excited about living in Seattle. The stress just comes in the fact that we moved from UT to NH Feb 2012. Back to back moves are just rough and I'm a little cranky we even came here to NH. But, trying to just shake it off and focus on getting us in a good routine here for now, and prepping ourselves to hopefully find our permanent home. On top with trying to really focus on savings to ensure we have a nice healthy $ buffer.

Apparently the stress is getting to my husband as well. He had his yearly exam today and his BP came back 160/120. Hopefully tonight we can get some talks in on a game plan to get him in on this healthy eating plan. He likes to hid little unhealthy processed salty crap snacks. And that just has to go.

Daimere
03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Oh no, Damiere! UGH! Did you lock yourself out in front of the pump? I did that one time. I felt awful. What a pain.

Why no sleep?

I work nights. So obviously if I'm posting at 2pm, I am way over past my bedtime. At the very most, I should be in bed by noon. That's when I went to get gas and locked myself out. I had to use a lady's cell phone, wait for my husband, and once the AAA came, a cop came around. I was wondering if they called the cops on us. I told the lady at the pump that I locked myself out and AAA would take an hour (was 35 minutes) to come. :(

lunarsongbird
03-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Oh no... :( I didn't realize you work nights. That's hard. I'm sorry you didn't get any sleep today. What do you do?

Daimere
03-08-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm a CNA. I'm actually feeling spry today but I did get me a starbucks energy drink (a rare treat now). But I have a feeling tonight is going to blow hardcore. blahhhh. And I wanted to finish making tassels for my crocheted bellydance belt on the hall and I don't see that happening at all. And the person I'm working with is not ideal.

forreal
03-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Angihas2 - my SO and I are having "issues" too - talked about going to counseling together but he's the same -- certain issues are taboo -- well it's the taboo issues that are the problem! If we can't talk about them, then there's no sense in going to counseling. I went to a few sessions alone, but when it started to change my outlook on certain things, SO became defensive and raised a stink about me going to counseling, so I stopped going because of the heat it caused. Stupid of me. SO is very good at laying guilt trips on me. Wish I could get on Dr. Phil and have Dr. Phil knock some sense into me. There are days I just want to throw down the reins and give up. I wish I could make SO disappear in thin air. (Don't worry - just an idle thought!)

You ladies are right about this being a great forum - I check out a lot of forums and keep coming back to this one. There's one thread on a different forum where I post, but this forum as a general rule is the best.

All the friction on the homefront is not helping in the eating department - have to get my head screwed back on!

Hope everyone has a good day!

MaryGee

lunarsongbird
03-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Well- today is Official WI day. I really want to officially be in the 2Teens, as last time I hit them, they next day I hit TOM and gained like...4 pounds of water weight. I've been thinking quite a bit about failure lately. I wonder if I'm being too nonchalant about it. It hasn't occurred to me that I will fail in this weight loss journey.

I just see myself eating healthy nourishing food for the rest of my life- so that I can be a role model for my children. I envision myself running 5ks monthly and hiking the incline. I want to play tag with my children and hike with our dog in the mountains. I want to be "crunchy" and make our own granola.

I don't want to go back to my unhealthy lifestyle. This morning I bolted up in bed at 7 AM, because I was so refreshed that certainly I slept into the extreme and was actually supposed to be at work. That is AWESOME. I have lost large amounts of weight in the past, but never healed some of my biochemical imbalances, because I was still eating processed foods and many many chemicals. I don't want to have a food engineer creating my food anymore. I can feel that I'm becoming more balanced- and I have no desire to go back...The only things I miss I can make myself- I can make some awesome candy in my own kitchen.

Is anyone else not afraid of failure? Am I taking this too lightly? Am I a weirdo? LOL. :lol: Well, yes- I am definitely a weirdo, but am I being weird about the final goal?

ETA: Oh- this also reminds me of my quote of the week:
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." ~Henry David Thoreau

lunarsongbird
03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
forreal, when was the last time you went to counseling? DH also has issues he wants to keep off the table, which is totally ridiculous (like talking about sex or religion). At least he knows it's wrong and needs to work on them. We haven't been addressing them yet, because well- I haven't had the need to yet (I think my hormones are still a bit wacky).

Are you married? Is SO supportive of your weight loss goals?

Thinforme
03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Lunar- I can't say I'm not a little afraid of failure but I believe your mindset matters. I don't say"if" I lose weight I always say "when" because I will lose weight it might always be that I'm mindful of it. Even when I reach maintenance I will still be doing the things I do now. Healthy eating and exercise it might be on a different level but it is forever. So I know what you mean. That is why my signature is "failure isn't an option" it is only failure if you don't get right back on the"lifestyle change" horse.

FickleHearts
03-08-2013, 10:38 AM
My husband just flat out refuses counseling as he believes it will solve nothing, not that we have reached that point yet. I mean sometimes I want to push him off the pier in shark infested waters, but really, all in all, I resist the urge quite well these days!!! :cool: I think that entitles me to a cookie.

Or maybe the Black Forest Cake an evil co-worker brought in today. It looks so good....

About to probably take a flying hamster death dive off plan for the next 6 days, so best to ignore her sugar trap of sweet goodness.

In all seriousness, I am sorry to hear you guys are having issues and hope things work out between you and your SO's. I like the idea of tricking them into going, something I'd definitely have to do with mine. He thinks shrinks are quacks, all of them, despite the fact he married someone who majored in psychology. (Non-practicing of course and will never be licensed to give advice to anyone until she can be satisfied with her own life which means never.)

At the moment he has injured his knee and thinks that means we won't be hiking on vacation. He fails to realize it only means "he" won't be hiking on vacation LOL. Am I bad wife abandoning my husband while he's inured in a fancy schmancy house with a flat screen and an xbox for a few hours a day??? He thinks so and pouted all day about it yesterday when I said I still planned on doing some sight seeing.

He's lost 31 lbs since mid Jan. barely trying. I have little sympathy for him. LOL He joked this morning that he'll be at my current weight before I even get into the 190's at this rate. I almost smothered him with my pillow, but realized I'd miss his annoying smelly breath tomorrow..... and his ability to drive 9 hours straight.

Failure bugs the crap out of me. I've tried this journey so much and have stalled on it quite a bit, I think this time I'm just fed up with quitting. I might derail a few days like the impending trip, but I plan on getting right back into the swing of things the moment we get back, right back on that hamster wheel so to speak. I want to do the hiking to help balance the food issue. To be honest, dieting has really shrunk my appetite and I don't even really want the bad stuff anymore. Three months ago, I'd have already consumed a piece of cake and would be sitting here debating another. Now? It looks amazingly good, but I have no actual desire to munch on it. My plans for bad eating mostly involve fast food and country cooking.

I also notice that after I binge a bit, I tend to lose??? That makes no sense, but I'll take what I can get. Sides, I've been nearly perfect for two weeks and nary a drop on the scale. Finally went back to 240 yesterday and today, but blah. I need to make an appt with my OBY-GYN when I get back as things are kinda weird. Friends say it's the WL and the stress I've been under, but neither of those have been intense enough to cause problems in my opinion.

I wish I could trade hormones with the hubby for a few months......

forreal
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Lunar - it has been a while since I went to counseling - SO opposes it and I don't want to argue about it anymore. I even tried to find on-line counseling, but after looking into it, it didn't seem like it would work out. I tried to find a chat room or something where I could get some input or feedback, but when I go into a chat room they just seem to move too fast for me and I can't keep up with any discussion going on. Now I try to read as much as I can and I keep a journal -- I write things down and then I cross it all out so no-one can read it. It seems to help to write things down.

I was feeling really blue earlier today, but feel a lot better now. Thankfully I'm not a negative person. So even when I get upset with SO I get over it and can move on. :p

Daimere
03-09-2013, 04:27 AM
So at work i've been using humanavitality at times with weight loss and goals. There's a check up in april. I need to lose 5 lbs by 4.17 to get the checkup to meet my hv weight loss goal. I really hope i can get to that goal by then.

charliee
03-09-2013, 09:31 AM
So at work i've been using humanavitality at times with weight loss and goals. There's a check up in april. I need to lose 5 lbs by 4.17 to get the checkup to meet my hv weight loss goal. I really hope i can get to that goal by then.

That looks pretty awesome, I wish my insurance company offered something similar. Is is something you are doing on your own? Or is it being offered to you through work?

Daimere
03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
That looks pretty awesome, I wish my insurance company offered something similar. Is is something you are doing on your own? Or is it being offered to you through work?

With our insurance, we can opt into a program called humana vitality. You earn points for losing weight, etc. It's not mandatory or anything. I keep trying to encourage people to check it out. There is even a 5% food card at walmarts. I don't agree with all the point earnings (like donating blood is not going to make me healthier. It may make OTHERS healthier but not me plus points for flu shots). I feel like it's easier to earn points at Sparkpeople than with vitality. But if I earn enough points, I will be eligible to get real life rewards like a heart rate monitor or stuff like that. Now that the vitality website connects to my fitbit, it makes earning some points easier. Either way, I made a goal in February to be 234 by 5/04. But it has to be verified by a vitality check up. Either I'd have to schedule it on my own or take up the work one. I signed up and I just hope that I will weigh under 234 on their scales in un-ideal circumstances by that day! That way I can just get it done and no procrastinating.

I'm trying to do the living lean program that it comes with in parts of the vitality program. And it's 400 vitality points! Just annoying self-coaching and stuff. I even signed up for a health coach. I just started it this week. We are in the "getting to know you process."

Daimere
03-11-2013, 05:40 AM
I bought my ticket to Kinetic fire this week. I'm so excited. I really want to be skinnier/fitter/etc by the time this rolls around in May. Hopefully I will be 229 by Kinetic fire. I will try bring healthy stuff to eat at Kinetc but surely I'll burn it all off with all the walking/activity/etc. It will be really interesting what the scale says before Kinetc and after Kinetic. Although if I'm 229 by Kinetc, I should be 226 by PlayThink, If I do go to 4-H camp, I may be up a few pounds with no way to control my food. But hey "freeee week."

Pink Hurricane
03-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Okay ladies sorry I went missing for a few days, things have been a little hectic but good!

First things first, my Won Ton Tacos recipe!
(The recipe I am posting calls for 12, you can double the recipe for 24)

12 wonton wrappers (I like Nasoya brand, all natural)
1/2 lb lean ground beef (I usually cut my 1lb package in half and freeze the other part)
1 sleeve of low sodium taco seasoning (or you can make your own which I like to do!)
1/4 cup of salsa, store bought or homemade
1/2 cup of shredded mexican cheese
1/2 can of sliced black olives
1-2 medium green onions, chopped

Brown ground beef in skillet, add a little water and mix in taco seasoning. Place each won ton wrapper in muffin trays (I use a regular 12 tray muffin pan). Spoon in 1-2tbsp ground beef, the add 1-2 tsp of salsa, black olives, green onions, and pinch of cheese. Do the same for each wonton wrapper, add a little extra cheese if you prefer. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes or until wontons are golden and cheese is melted.
You can also add the black olives and green onions after baking if you prefer them to be more chilled instead of baked with the rest of them!

Makes 12 servings, nutrition per serving: Calories- 76 Carbs-7g Fat-3g
Protein- 6g Sodium- 312mg

Thinforme
03-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I can't wait to make those :)

lunarsongbird
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Daimere, how much did you weight at the last Kinetic?

Mondays are might short days, so I'm so pleased to get out of the office today!
Oh- DH and I had a wonderful conversation on Saturday night about how scared I am about sharing my finances with him and how I feel like a big f'up...almost all the time.

He pointed out that instead of emotional eat...I emotionally watch tv- and he is completely right. I didn't even realize it. It was SOOO eye opening for me!

MadCowOnTheMend
03-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Hey everyone. My surgery is scheduled for a week from today and I think I'm prepared (and have my family of 6 prepared!).

I'm on a mostly liquid diet until Saturday and then it's clear liquids for 2 days before surgery.
I went to my neurologist this morning and he agreed that I could go ahead and try going off of my cymbalta (for chronic pain) since I have to be off of it for a few days with surgery. It makes me so sleepy and mentally cloudy. I'm really hoping that I may not have to go back to it!

Anyway, DH is out of town so I can feed the kids easily :-) I'm much more likely to "cheat" when I'm eating with him.

Daimere
03-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Daimere, how much did you weight at the last Kinetic?

I didn't go to Kinetic last year. So this is an incredible oppurtunity. But the same people will be there. I probably weighed about 240-260 between Playthink and Flow Camp. This is the lowest weight I've been for years! I just hope I look smaller! I want people to see me and be like, "She looks familar but I can't place her" or "WOW YOU LOOK AMAZING." That is what i'm imagining to keep me going.

I emotionally watch tv
I think I do that too. :/

Good luck MadCow! I really hope everything works out well for you! *hug*

lunarsongbird
03-13-2013, 11:38 AM
This morning I couldn't find my gym shoes. For a brief moment I thought, "well...hm...maybe this is the universe telling me I should just take it easy this morning!" But then I thought..."Get back upstairs and find your flipping shoes." So I did.

Did I tell you all that I'm walking a St. Patrick's day 5K this Saturday? So I want to get into the gym to see how fast I could walk. I even put on some bagpipe music.....

And....

It felt like torture. I'm TERRIBLE at the treadmill. I am so awkward. I feel like there is so many things for me to think about it...not falling off, my pace, my stride...
http://rlv.zcache.ca/treadmill_cartoon_postcards-r2abcdcc379d64aaba7609f20990976af_vgbaq_8byvr_216. jpg

I ended up walking as fast as I do outside up a hill. -_- I guess indoor treadmills aren't for me.

What are you ladies up to??

Thinforme
03-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Good luck Mad Cow, I just got back from taking the kiddos to the dentist and regretting indulging in their Mcdonald treat for being good. I picked one of the healthier choices you can find "I say that lightly nothing there is actually healthy" I still have plenty of calories for dinner but I feel like a bloated whale. Ehh disgusting feeling :/ hope you all are having a great day.

Daimere
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm sore from my bellydance shimmy mob practice! It's hard. And I got a really easy new bellydance dvd called piece of cake with tutorials. :)

I reached my 10% goal.

WAY TO GO LUNAR on those shoes! Weeeee

Thinforme, I had a latte and a salad from Mcdonalds yesterday! It's okay. Hopefully you made good decisions at McDonalds

PS I really want to keep a random chat thread active! Cause I rarely go into the other random threads.

Pink Hurricane
03-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Hey everyone! So far this week has been pretty successful, I am hoping to pull off a decent loss this week. I know I have to be back in the 230s by now, so we shall see come weigh in day!

Mantra right now is 'mind over matter.' That mantra is doing wonders for me right now! Also I am looking into some of my favorite recipes that I like to make and seeing what tweaks I can do to them to make them healthier and lower in calories. I think that can be done with almost any dish!

Giving 6 Week 6 Pack a break and doing 30 Day Shred and running as main exercises right now. I also have a side strength plan that will take about 20-30 minutes three days a week on top of the other things and hopefully that will help with the inches!

Daimere
03-14-2013, 01:05 AM
You can do this Pink! I keep thinking I should try the shred but I'm worried about my knees. And I can't go from on the ground to standing during hard exercise

lunarsongbird
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
MadCow- How is your heart? (My MIL asks me this all the time if she feels I might be emotional about something.) I just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling as the surgery date gets closer. How long is recovery? Do you have to stay in the hospital long?

Daimere- bellydance mob? Reeeally? Sounds fun! I'm intrigued!
Do you have bad knees? My knees track wrong so they hurt often.

I'm still disappointed about my excessive gain this week. I know I had an offprogram weekend, but not a gain 6 pounds weekend.

Daimere
03-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Daimere- bellydance mob? Reeeally? Sounds fun! I'm intrigued!
Do you have bad knees? My knees track wrong so they hurt often.

It's a flash mob with bellydance that is supposed to bring awareness/funds for violence against women and children. We'll have a performance in May. The choreography practice was SO fun the other day. http://shimmymob.com/ There's dance moves for beginners and intermediate dancers.

Yeah, I have two bad knees. At 300, my knees used to give out regularly. When I get to 260, they always hurt. Of course how they feel change within the week. Right now one of them feels like it's loose in the back. Other times it just hurts. Or feels okay. Some days it comes and goes but it feels better now then it did in December!

Pink Hurricane
03-16-2013, 02:29 AM
I have been sooooo sore from 30 Day Shred the past couple of days. I think I need to have some protein immediately following that workout to help keep the soreness at bay. Because of that, I have walked the past couple of days and am planning on doing an easy run tomorrow with my husband. We are going out of town Sunday morning and coming back later on Monday, it's going to be a lot of fun and we are both looking forward to having a little getaway together. I am going to stay OP and I don't think we will have time to exercise, but since we are helping family move, that should be a decent workout! :D

FickleHearts
03-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Well, back from vaca and.....

I was so very bad. The day before leaving I finally shed the water weight, got down to 238 and then when I got back I was at 240, which was way less than I thought considering exactly how bad I was LOL. Getting back on track has been h*** however, and I'm currently hanging at 240. Today doing a clean restart completely. So far so good...... I'm a little bummed about going off plan, but it happens, it was my choice, and honestly, I had a great time in NC so it was worth it. Next obstacle is my b-day party next week and the b-day cake I just had to order. Ahh, how I love regret.... But I kinda like buttercream frosting a bit more hehe.

March is never a good month for me!!! If anything however, the pics of me I took while gone just add to my overall motivation to get back on track. I think they'll make great before photos of me and the hubby :)

Daimere
03-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Welcome back Fickle! You can do this! Don't give up now!

Daimere
03-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Can I have a moment where I can just be screw this dieting thing? Maybe I just want to eat my pain away. I dunno. I feel like crap and I am in so much pain. :(

On the good hand, hair cut today!

lunarsongbird
03-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Well....today is the day. Today day is the day that I need face one of my biggest failures. I need to discuss my finances with my DH and strangers. -_- We are going to a couple banks this morning. Thankfully I woke up early enough to go to the gym to get rid of at least a little bit of my anxiety?

FickleHearts
03-20-2013, 08:42 AM
WOOT!

Down to 237. Well, 236.6 one time, 237.2 another, and 237.5 the third..... Stupid scale. I'll just settle for 237 although the 236 looked mighty good!

I am definitely not giving up Daimere. I just have to get use to the occasional derailment and not let mistakes get me down :)

But, morning everyone! You guys have been quiet lately. Hope all is well!!!!

FickleHearts
03-20-2013, 08:50 AM
I'm sorry you are in pain Daimere. :( I hope you feel better, but I don't think eating it away will help in the long run. :hug: Enjoy the hair cut!

Good luck Lunar! I HATE discussing my finances with banks. I always feel like such a failure and those stupid looks people give you, which are mostly just in my head, make it worse. I hope you and your DH can work things out with them. Consolidation is sometimes a great option.

On that note, I just hate dealing with banks period. Our home loan finally went through and in one month I'll be a first time homeowner, but the process of getting there was horrid. I'm still expecting them to ask for my first born.....

Daimere
03-20-2013, 08:58 AM
I sure did eat more than I should have. I feel a little bit better. At least it was all healthy food? I could have overdosed on nutella. I probably had 13 points over. I even googled foods that help with cramps and that was apart of it.

FickleHearts
03-20-2013, 09:09 AM
I could eat my weight in nutella too, so I understand that!

merilung
03-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Well....today is the day. Today day is the day that I need face one of my biggest failures. I need to discuss my finances with my DH and strangers. -_- We are going to a couple banks this morning. Thankfully I woke up early enough to go to the gym to get rid of at least a little bit of my anxiety?

:hug: It will feel so much beter to have this off your shoulders, lunar! So many people are in the same boat or have been there before (me included!) and what's important is that you're facing it and fixing it! Good luck today sweetie!

lunarsongbird
03-23-2013, 08:30 PM
I wanted to share some interesting news. I've been on a bit of a roll this week- have been feeling really good and the numbers on the scale have been wonderful. So as you can imagine- I was a bit nervous about going to a wedding last night....and officially weighing-in this morning. -_-

Oh- I indulged at the wedding. Appetizers (shredded pork egg roll, chicken salad in phylo cups), Drinks (cocktail, beer, champagne, gin and tonic), dinner and cake. Yup....I indulged.

Just a month ago if I did that- I would have easily jumped up over 3 pounds on the scale (some of it bloat- some of it real.)

But this morning? Only up .6 pounds! SERIOUSLY?!?!
AWESOME!!

My consultant says that it's because my metabolism has jumped up and is in a really good place. I'M SO HAPPY.

I'm pleased because this is something I worried about with maintenance (and weight loss), because I would think, "Great...I'm not even going to be able to 'cheat' one day, because it will start dragging me backwards. I will lose weeks..."

But no...That is not the case forever. HUZZAH!

Thought you would like the encouragement too!

Thinforme
03-23-2013, 09:32 PM
That's awesome Lunar! I worried about the same thing weather I would be able to splurge without undoing everything some day :]

lunarsongbird
03-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Hey All,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a nice Healthy life Summit going on this week. It's an online conference that is free. I've listen to two of the sessions and enjoyed them quite a bit.

http://villagegreennetwork.com/healthy-life-summit-schedule/

opheliaphoenix
03-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone, just popping back into this thread...it's been awhile since I've posted here, so it will take me a bit to catch up on everything since my last post, but I wanted to say hi! :wave:

I will also pass around some of this Neverending Tea to make up for it!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/98eccc12164ee25b0f34b8b35b6fb575/tumblr_mgr57iOTAf1r3a6jho1_500.gif

:cheers:

Daimere
03-25-2013, 04:45 AM
I've had a not so good week. I'm hoping that it will prove to be a better week this week.

lunarsongbird
03-26-2013, 01:24 PM
This is an icky post. So I'm just going to hide it here.
DH and I got denied for our loan because my credit is so awful at the moment. :: sigh :: I was very emotional about and DH made it worse. DH is not emotional at all...ever.

So tomorrow- we need to meet with his father, because his parents agreed to give us a loan. And do you wonder where DH inherited his lack of emotional gene? I feel like it's going to be two against one- picking on me for something I already hate myself for.

This should be great. I'm really looking forward to it. -_-
I'm already nauseated. Ugh.

opheliaphoenix
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Daimere: I hope you have a better week this week! :hug:

Lunar: I don't have much advice to give, but I'm sending a big hug to you, as well. :hug: I know how difficult it can be to be open to others from the outside about private, embarrassing matters, especially when it's with more intimidating loved ones like in-laws. Just remember that they're not just your DH's family anymore...they're yours too. I'm not sure what your relationship is with them, but your position with their son makes you their daughter by extension, and I hope they don't make you feel too uncomfortable tomorrow. Just take everything with a grain of salt and remind yourself that every comment is coming from a place of love and concern for your guys' wellbeing. Good luck! If they've already agreed to help you guys out, it is clear that they care about you...the hardest part should be over, since you're not having to approach them to ask without knowing what they'll say. Make sure to bring a cup of your Tension Tamer Tea and remember to breathe. We're all rooting for you!

Thinforme
03-26-2013, 05:12 PM
That sucks Lunar, I have crap credit to don't feel so bad alot of us do. Hopefully it's not as bad as your expecting. Good luck.

MadCowOnTheMend
03-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Lunar- That stinks so bad!!! I was so relieved when we bought our home on just my husband's credit. I'm sure that I would have been in the exact same position, but with no family to help us out.

Daimere- Go do something fun and unexpected!!! It's your week. Don't LET it be bad!!

I'm 8 days out from surgery and starting to feel like a human being again. Was able to eat some soup today for the first time. Recovery has been crappy, but I haven't had a single pain like I was living with from that awful herniation!!

I picked up a resistance band today and did a few sets of simple exercises with my legs and arms. I can't do anything with abs until the drain is removed from my side and that heals. But I'm trying to build up some muscle, even if it's just tiny baby steps.

And hey, I've been here long enough for a ticker!!! I'm legit!!

lunarsongbird
03-26-2013, 06:43 PM
MadCow- I've been thinking about you often!! Are you still really sore? Was recovery crappier then expected?

You are TOTALLY legit. ;)
When can you get on the scale?

Do you have any hunger sensations at this point yet?

MadCowOnTheMend
03-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Recovery has sucked (just posted a blog about it if you want to read it. It's short).

I did get on the scale this morning. 8 days, 16lbs down from the day after surgery (having been pumped full of fluids and such).

I will lose fast. I know that. I've always been able to lose weight fast. Four years ago I won a local Biggest Loser contest against 28 other contestants. I lost 46lbs in 9 weeks. BUT, I've never been able to maintain it. That is why I think the surgery will help me. I eat CRAZY healthy. My issue is and always has been, quantity.

Thinforme
03-26-2013, 07:32 PM
I hope your feeling better soon madcow.

Tziri
03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Haven't posted in here for forever!
Hope your recovery starts going more smoothly madcow!

lunarsongbird
03-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Just checking in. Feeling emotionally drained. 2 days away from TOM. Slept terribly- I'm sure that will reflect on the scale. My outing out was pretty lame last night, which will be good for the scale. I barely ate anything. But then came home and cried lots when DH forced me to talk instead of just crawling into bed.

I felt like I was doing so good emotionally last week and now I'm feel like I'm on the edge of slipping into a deep depression I have never experienced before. I should look into psychologists on my healthcare plan.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this day emotionally. I don't know how I ended up so emotionally broken. (I didn't ask for help financially because I truly honestly believe(d) that I didn't deserve help. I still feel that way. Which is why it's hard for me to even pick up the phone and schedule an appointment for myself. I'm not sure DH understands or even believes how true these feelings feel to me.) I've never had good luck with psychologists.

How am I going to get through this conversation? How am I going to face his parents again? I feel so much shame.

I take solace in the fact that I can crawl back here when I'm done. Thanks for being here.

merilung
03-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Just checking in. Feeling emotionally drained. 2 days away from TOM. Slept terribly- I'm sure that will reflect on the scale. My outing out was pretty lame last night, which will be good for the scale. I barely ate anything. But then came home and cried lots when DH forced me to talk instead of just crawling into bed.

I felt like I was doing so good emotionally last week and now I'm feel like I'm on the edge of slipping into a deep depression I have never experienced before. I should look into psychologists on my healthcare plan.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this day emotionally. I don't know how I ended up so emotionally broken. (I didn't ask for help financially because I truly honestly believe(d) that I didn't deserve help. I still feel that way. Which is why it's hard for me to even pick up the phone and schedule an appointment for myself. I'm not sure DH understands or even believes how true these feelings feel to me.) I've never had good luck with psychologists.

How am I going to get through this conversation? How am I going to face his parents again? I feel so much shame.

I take solace in the fact that I can crawl back here when I'm done. Thanks for being here.

:hug: - big hugs for you, sweetie! Asking in-laws for favors is never any fun (I totally know first hand, trust me) but it always helped me to remember that I'm an adult and no matter what they think of me, the favor that I'm asking for, or anything else, I'm still a grown woman who deserves and expects their respect. I hope your meeting with them isn't as bad as you're fearing it will be, but if it is, try and remember that they're NOT a mirror reflecting your true self back at you - they have a distorted view of you and the situation that incorporates their own personality, experiences, and biases. Take any of the criticism that can help you learn and grow and leave the rest on the table.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't think financial woes are a mark of shame. SO many of us have been in the same situation. There's a LOT of pressure in our society to spend more than we earn, to compete with the neighbors, to have the latest and greatest of everything. We have a society that basically judges human worth in material possessions and how wealthy we are or can appear. It's pretty damn hard to compete with a lifetime of conditioning, especially when you're already struggling with depression/low feelings of self-worth. Not to mention that so few of us are ever taught to be financially savvy - I don't know about the rest of you, but we had ZERO education on managing personal finances in my school district!

I also know some folks have no choice but to accept massive debt (my husband and I have made 11k a year before, so I totally understand being financially strapped and taking on debt to tread water) and I certainly don't think that doing what you felt you HAD to do to survive is a shameful thing.

Bad credit is SO stressful, but you're facing it and ready to fix it, and it does get better. Two years ago our credit was so bad that not only could we not get a loan for ANYTHING, we couldn't get a checking account. Bottom of the barrel, horrible credit. My credit still isn't super awesome, but it's steadily been improving ever since I committed to paying my debts on time. My husband's credit is good enough now to get a decent sized (for us) loan.

Financial woes (like weight woes!) aren't a mark of low moral integrity - you're not less of a person than someone who has never had a low credit score. You 100% deserve the respect of everyone who is supposed to be helping you out.

Thinforme
03-27-2013, 10:59 AM
:hug: Lunar I agree with everything Merilung said, Your a wonderful spirit and person. These things happen. I hope today treats you kindly.

Roo2
03-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Morning Ladies:hug:

MadCow:hug: hope you are feeling better now:hug:was rough ride for awhile:hug:give yourself some TLC:hug:

Lunar :hug: hope things get better for you, but I would not feel any shame seeking professional guidance, it takes courage to admit you need help..and maturity to follow thru with steps necessary to heal and regain your footing.

When we step in Dog poop wipe your shoe off .,,don't bend down to take a whiff
:D

Keep moving forward , no one passes thru the world unscathed!

We all make mistakes but let's not be like pigs and wallow in them!

Learn to forgive yourself, if you ever expect others to do the same.

Once you ask forgiveness and say your sorry...don't keep saying it .it loses it's meaning ...just go on with your life and do better in the future:hug:

I have made plenty of mistakes in my life ...if I tried to drag the sack of them around with me !! I would need a Crane!

We learn in life by the mistakes we make ....if we pay attention and acknowledge and plan on not repeating it.

Have a great days Ladies , as we all strive for our goal.:carrot:

opheliaphoenix
05-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I was wondering whatever happened to this thread...hope you don't mind if I dug it out of the archive, lol. How are you all doing?

charliee
05-30-2013, 08:26 PM
I was thinking about this thread too. :)

Ophelia (I hope this doesn't offend) but has anyone told you that you look like the girl in the Wendy's commercials. Maybe it's just me, but every time I see your picture I think about how familiar you look to me and then one day I looked up and saw the commercial and was like "Whoa, Wendy looks like Ophelia" LOL.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiBWXiNRjb8mGHRvL_KUsecJHVjWEKK qL1su25PFEsKOoelfe_UQ

opheliaphoenix
06-04-2013, 09:04 AM
charliee: Haha, yes! Ever since those new commercials came out, I've actually been getting it a lot. Especially since we make similar facial expressions when we talk, as well. But, no offense taken! I take it as a compliment, because I think she's really cute. Now, I just need to work on not being the fat version of her, and I'll be good...lol. ;)

charliee
06-08-2013, 11:20 AM
LOL, Ophelia she is supercute, and so are you. I just know some people don't like to be compared to others.

I'm thinking you should contact her and team up for a twins movie, maybe a Sweet Valley High with red heads, or remake of the Parent Trap. This could be a whole new career for you. LOL!

Lunar!! I saw you posted in another thread and I wanted to shout out to you, but didn't want to derail the poster's topic.

Where have you been? I've been missing your pics. I remember reading you were pretty busy as of late, but I hope things are well.

Pink Hurricane
06-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Yay I'm glad this thread is back! I've missed y'all!!!

And I definitely agree the girl from the Wendy's commercial looks like Ophelia!

lunarsongbird
06-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Hello loves!!
Tonight I'm going to a pinctionary and accessories party!! You wear as many ridiculous accessories as possible. Fun, right?

I haven't eaten much which is fine, because I plan on doing a little indulging this eve.

:: snuggles ::
I'm so angry Elvis left... Now don't you leave me. :: side eye ::
And if you decide to go...connect with me somewhere. Even if it's from a super secret fake facebook account.

opheliaphoenix
06-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Glad to see you back, Lunar! :wave: