Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 2/18/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-18-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #2  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, everyone! Yesterday and today turned chilly so we're sitting out the diving for a couple of days and doing chores instead. We have to go into town to pick up a screen for one of our windows (perfect weather for leaving the windows open!), go to the bank, and hit a few stores. Also, my BIL and SIL want to play tourist and visit some arts and crafts shops, so we'll hit them along the way.

I sneaked a peak at the scale this morning and had to do a double-take at the 138.5 that was staring back at me. I'm not counting it until tomorrow since that's my official WI day. Hope it holds!!

Last week we introduced my BIL and SIL to some of our underwater friends at the Stingray Sandbar. Amazing how much fun you can have in 3 feet of water!!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Wow, bubbleblower, those pictures are so cool!

I woke up again feeling the effects of the cold that won't go away. My 3 year old son gave me his cold and I just can't seem to shake it. Hoping that it goes away in the next couple of days, it has really wiped me out.

Other than that, back to the normal Monday routine (boo!).

Have a good one, all!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/189/150

Height: 5"4

Down another 5 lbs finally not fluctuating out of ONDERLAND!! Ahhh my closet is now my favorite place!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #5  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday everyone. It's Family Day in ontario so I'm off work today. Bubble lower those pics are amazing. I love going snorkelling....its one of my favourite things to do when we're away.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Monday! The weekend ended up being a lot busier than I expected, got called in to sing with the team at church Sunday, so that turned into an all-morning affair. By the time I finished running errands yesterday it was almost 4pm. But we ended the night by going over to my BIL/SIL's house for dinner and let the kids play (aka wreak havoc!). Then it was a cousins semi-sleepover, we tucked all the kids into my SIL's bed, put on a movie, and the adults watched Walking Dead All in all a good night. Everyone ate pasta and popcorn, I had a yummy asian stir fry and some pudding I'm feeling a little sick this morning and the scale is definitely showing it, but I'm still well under my goal weight and I also think TOM may be creeping up on me. So no worries, especially when one of my errands yesterday was to buy new jeans - my size 12's were not fitting me anymore, and had to be replaced with SIZE 8's!!!

Bubbleblower, those pictures are amazing!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Bubbleblower- Those pics are so cool!

star19600 hope you feel better soon.

sc1661 congrats on another great WI!

Scorbett- WOW from a size 12 straight to a size 8. You rock!

Yesterday was a nice day. Went to have coffee with a friend in the afternoon. We used to always go out to lunch and chat, but since starting IP I always say lets go out for coffee. It's nice to go to Starbucks or Panera with a hot coffee or tea and chat in those comfy chairs they have.

I also went to see Silver Linings Playbook with my sister and niece last night and was really dissapointed. They changed so much of it from the book, that it is really not the same story at all. I need to stop reading books before seeing the movie, because it can be really dissapointing when they make changes for the movie.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Bubble blower those are awesome pictures!

Today I have apparently come down with a cold. What cold meds can be used and still stay op?

This is day 5 for me and thankfully with the exception of this cold I haven't had a lot of the symptoms that most seem to experience. I am finding the plan very easy to follow and quickly finding out which products I like/hate.

The mini peppers stuffed with turkey/vegs were amazing, will definitely be doing those a lot. The baked baby bok choy not so much, it became very tough and stringy.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/156.2/135

Height: 5'4

Good morning,
Starting today with alternative products. Did IP last spring but quit before goal and have gained most of what I lost back. But I know it works and hope I can get to goal this time then the hard part of maintenance will start. Anyways looking forward to being a part of this online community!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Oh and congrats Scorbett! Size 8 is wonderful.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #11  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone! Great pictures Bubbleblower.
Great wi Sc1661. At work this am & hopefully get some errands done when I get out. Does anyone know where in Market Basket I can find jicama figured I would try it this week.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Default 1st weigh in

Im going for my first weigh-in today - wish me luck! I'm so happy I found this website. Every time my resolve started to weaken, I'd sit right down here and read about everyone's successes. "outgrowing" your size 12s and replacing with size 8? What could be more inspiring than that! The meal and recipe ideas are also a great way to distract from the "kids food" in my pantry. Thanks everyone, even if you don't know I'm here, you are helping me through this every day.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Bubble blower those are awesome pictures!

Today I have apparently come down with a cold. What cold meds can be used and still stay op?

This is day 5 for me and thankfully with the exception of this cold I haven't had a lot of the symptoms that most seem to experience. I am finding the plan very easy to follow and quickly finding out which products I like/hate.

The mini peppers stuffed with turkey/vegs were amazing, will definitely be doing those a lot. The baked baby bok choy not so much, it became very tough and stringy.

Have a great day everyone!
We can use any OTC remedy that doesn't contain sugar - look for the diabetic safe versions, and if you can't find them ask the pharmacist to help. My husband is a Type 1 diabetic so we've always had to use the sugar free versions of liquid medications. I believe the gelcap forms of the meds are also ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring chic View Post
Good morning,
Starting today with alternative products. Did IP last spring but quit before goal and have gained most of what I lost back. But I know it works and hope I can get to goal this time then the hard part of maintenance will start. Anyways looking forward to being a part of this online community!
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Good Morning everyone! Great pictures Bubbleblower.
Great wi Sc1661. At work this am & hopefully get some errands done when I get out. Does anyone know where in Market Basket I can find jicama figured I would try it this week.
At my Market Basket, they are in the same aisle with the Asian veggies (bok choi, snow peas, fresh ginger, etc). I've noticed now that some weeks they have jicama, other weeks not - this may be off-season for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1661cl View Post
Down another 5 lbs finally not fluctuating out of ONDERLAND!! Ahhh my closet is now my favorite place!
Awesome!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 227/189/150

Height: 5"4

NSV
My boos look at me this morning and said " wow don't you look skinny"
Yep it was awesome!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #15  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Thank you Scorbett I will keep an eye out for it. I shop at the NB MB & figured maybe there was a rush on it. =) Congratulations on size 8 jeans woo hoo...
Closed Thread