Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 2/18/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 2/18/2013

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 07:03 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

bubbleblower
02-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning, everyone! Yesterday and today turned chilly so we're sitting out the diving for a couple of days and doing chores instead. We have to go into town to pick up a screen for one of our windows (perfect weather for leaving the windows open!), go to the bank, and hit a few stores. Also, my BIL and SIL want to play tourist and visit some arts and crafts shops, so we'll hit them along the way.

I sneaked a peak at the scale this morning and had to do a double-take at the 138.5 that was staring back at me. I'm not counting it until tomorrow since that's my official WI day. Hope it holds!!

Last week we introduced my BIL and SIL to some of our underwater friends at the Stingray Sandbar. Amazing how much fun you can have in 3 feet of water!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/eerickso/stingray-8_zps7aad023c.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/eerickso/stingray-58_zpsf3193ac8.jpg

star19600
02-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Wow, bubbleblower, those pictures are so cool!

I woke up again feeling the effects of the cold that won't go away. My 3 year old son gave me his cold and I just can't seem to shake it. Hoping that it goes away in the next couple of days, it has really wiped me out.

Other than that, back to the normal Monday routine (boo!).

Have a good one, all!

sc1661cl
02-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Down another 5 lbs finally not fluctuating out of ONDERLAND!! Ahhh my closet is now my favorite place!

Cheekyskeeter
02-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Happy Monday everyone. It's Family Day in ontario so I'm off work today. Bubble lower those pics are amazing. I love going snorkelling....its one of my favourite things to do when we're away.

scorbett1103
02-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Happy Monday! The weekend ended up being a lot busier than I expected, got called in to sing with the team at church Sunday, so that turned into an all-morning affair. By the time I finished running errands yesterday it was almost 4pm. But we ended the night by going over to my BIL/SIL's house for dinner and let the kids play (aka wreak havoc!). Then it was a cousins semi-sleepover, we tucked all the kids into my SIL's bed, put on a movie, and the adults watched Walking Dead :) All in all a good night. Everyone ate pasta and popcorn, I had a yummy asian stir fry and some pudding :) I'm feeling a little sick this morning and the scale is definitely showing it, but I'm still well under my goal weight and I also think TOM may be creeping up on me. So no worries, especially when one of my errands yesterday was to buy new jeans - my size 12's were not fitting me anymore, and had to be replaced with SIZE 8's!!!

Bubbleblower, those pictures are amazing!!!

ragdoll74
02-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Bubbleblower- Those pics are so cool!

star19600 hope you feel better soon.

sc1661 congrats on another great WI!

Scorbett- WOW from a size 12 straight to a size 8. You rock!

Yesterday was a nice day. Went to have coffee with a friend in the afternoon. We used to always go out to lunch and chat, but since starting IP I always say lets go out for coffee. It's nice to go to Starbucks or Panera with a hot coffee or tea and chat in those comfy chairs they have.

I also went to see Silver Linings Playbook with my sister and niece last night and was really dissapointed. They changed so much of it from the book, that it is really not the same story at all. I need to stop reading books before seeing the movie, because it can be really dissapointing when they make changes for the movie.

Mother of the Groom
02-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Bubble blower those are awesome pictures!

Today I have apparently come down with a cold. What cold meds can be used and still stay op?

This is day 5 for me and thankfully with the exception of this cold I haven't had a lot of the symptoms that most seem to experience. I am finding the plan very easy to follow and quickly finding out which products I like/hate.

The mini peppers stuffed with turkey/vegs were amazing, will definitely be doing those a lot. The baked baby bok choy not so much, it became very tough and stringy.

Have a great day everyone!

Spring chic
02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Good morning,
Starting today with alternative products. Did IP last spring but quit before goal and have gained most of what I lost back. But I know it works and hope I can get to goal this time then the hard part of maintenance will start. Anyways looking forward to being a part of this online community!

Mother of the Groom
02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Oh and congrats Scorbett! Size 8 is wonderful.

Sammie12
02-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Good Morning everyone! Great pictures Bubbleblower.
Great wi Sc1661. At work this am & hopefully get some errands done when I get out. Does anyone know where in Market Basket I can find jicama figured I would try it this week.

meinvt
02-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Im going for my first weigh-in today - wish me luck! I'm so happy I found this website. Every time my resolve started to weaken, I'd sit right down here and read about everyone's successes. "outgrowing" your size 12s and replacing with size 8? What could be more inspiring than that! The meal and recipe ideas are also a great way to distract from the "kids food" in my pantry. Thanks everyone, even if you don't know I'm here, you are helping me through this every day.:wave:

scorbett1103
02-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Bubble blower those are awesome pictures!

Today I have apparently come down with a cold. What cold meds can be used and still stay op?

This is day 5 for me and thankfully with the exception of this cold I haven't had a lot of the symptoms that most seem to experience. I am finding the plan very easy to follow and quickly finding out which products I like/hate.

The mini peppers stuffed with turkey/vegs were amazing, will definitely be doing those a lot. The baked baby bok choy not so much, it became very tough and stringy.

Have a great day everyone!

We can use any OTC remedy that doesn't contain sugar - look for the diabetic safe versions, and if you can't find them ask the pharmacist to help. My husband is a Type 1 diabetic so we've always had to use the sugar free versions of liquid medications. I believe the gelcap forms of the meds are also ok.

Good morning,
Starting today with alternative products. Did IP last spring but quit before goal and have gained most of what I lost back. But I know it works and hope I can get to goal this time then the hard part of maintenance will start. Anyways looking forward to being a part of this online community!

Good luck!

Great wi Sc1661. At work this am & hopefully get some errands done when I get out. Does anyone know where in Market Basket I can find jicama figured I would try it this week.

At my Market Basket, they are in the same aisle with the Asian veggies (bok choi, snow peas, fresh ginger, etc). I've noticed now that some weeks they have jicama, other weeks not - this may be off-season for it.

Down another 5 lbs finally not fluctuating out of ONDERLAND!! Ahhh my closet is now my favorite place!

Awesome!!!

sc1661cl
02-18-2013, 09:07 AM
NSV
My boos look at me this morning and said " wow don't you look skinny"
Yep it was awesome!

Sammie12
02-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Thank you Scorbett I will keep an eye out for it. I shop at the NB MB & figured maybe there was a rush on it. =) Congratulations on size 8 jeans woo hoo...

scorbett1103
02-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Thank you Scorbett I will keep an eye out for it. I shop at the NB MB & figured maybe there was a rush on it. =) Congratulations on size 8 jeans woo hoo...

Are you local? That's my MB!!! There are a couple of us IPers in this area on the forum!

mrskuby
02-18-2013, 09:15 AM

At the Market Basket I go to, jicamas are located in a basket near the hot peppers and Asian foods, tofu, etc.

Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 lbs from yesterday! I know it's just water weight...TOM is looming! It's amazing how much water I can retain in a day! Not worried about it though as I was 100% OP all weekend so it cant possibly be fat.

I tried rutabaga fries last night. They were okay, I prolly won't be doing them too often since I really don't care much for the turnip flavor. I doubt that taste will ever be changing for me. It's funny because I tried some pieces raw and they didn't have any turnip flavor but once they were cooked they did...

My eggplant "bacon" came out good! It's a bit too salty so I'll change up the seasonings next time but I can't wait to try it crumbled on my salad. It is def something that I will be doing again!

Now that I think about it, maybe it was the salty eggplant that hepled me retain all this water? Gonna drink lots of water so we'll see how quickly it'll be flushed out!

Have a great day!!!:D

Mother of the Groom
02-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Yeah! Good job! :carrot:

bttrhalf
02-18-2013, 09:43 AM
At the Market Basket I go to, jicamas are located in a basket near the hot peppers and Asian foods, tofu, etc.

Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 lbs from yesterday! I know it's just water weight...TOM is looming! It's amazing how much water I can retain in a day! Not worried about it though as I was 100% OP all weekend so it cant possibly be fat.

I tried rutabaga fries last night. They were okay, I prolly won't be doing them too often since I really don't care much for the turnip flavor. I doubt that taste will ever be changing for me. It's funny because I tried some pieces raw and they didn't have any turnip flavor but once they were cooked they did...

My eggplant "bacon" came out good! It's a bit too salty so I'll change up the seasonings next time but I can't wait to try it crumbled on my salad. It is def something that I will be doing again!

Now that I think about it, maybe it was the salty eggplant that hepled me retain all this water? Gonna drink lots of water so we'll see how quickly it'll be flushed out!

Have a great day!!!:D

OK, what is Eggplant Bacon... i haven't heard of this one can you give me the recipe. :D

TwoTots
02-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Good afternoon all. I hit my first goal of minus 10%, 200lbs. Feels good. My folks are visiting and my husband's parents are coming over for dinner. I am making their favorite; lasagna, roasted potatoes, salad and coleslaw, icecream dessert and Irish coffees. I myself will have the salad with meat and a pudding dessert. Flexing my willpower muscle!! Have a good day.

Dinie89
02-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Sooo - may be tmi but I took the smooth move tea last night as per package said - still nothing-- I did add milk and stevia to mask flavor should I not have?? Should I have another cup today since it didn't work last night?

AmyRH
02-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Been on IP since late last May. Lost a lot quickly but cheated on vacation in August (gulp) and have had a tough time getting back on track. Weeks are great but weekends are tough. Looking for motivation and camaraderie on this exciting journey.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps2/slider-lifter2/lb/184/135/157/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

IP43
02-18-2013, 10:17 AM
NSV
My boos look at me this morning and said " wow don't you look skinny"
Yep it was awesome!
OMG- My BRAIN read your post as my "booBs" and I had to shake my head and re-read. That made me laugh and was a fun "visual" for a second:D

Good morning,
Starting today with alternative products. ...Anyways looking forward to being a part of this online community!

And also to AmyRH :wel3fc:

Good afternoon all. I hit my first goal of minus 10%, 200lbs...

SOOooo close to Onederland! That's exciting!! I made lasagne for the boys last night - used the unsauced meat for my big mac in a bowl. We all won on that meal ;)

ragdoll74
02-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Good afternoon all. I hit my first goal of minus 10%, 200lbs. Feels good. My folks are visiting and my husband's parents are coming over for dinner. I am making their favorite; lasagna, roasted potatoes, salad and coleslaw, icecream dessert and Irish coffees. I myself will have the salad with meat and a pudding dessert. Flexing my willpower muscle!! Have a good day.

Congrats on your first goal. You are so close to Onederland!

Sooo - may be tmi but I took the smooth move tea last night as per package said - still nothing-- I did add milk and stevia to mask flavor should I not have?? Should I have another cup today since it didn't work last night?

I'd hold off until this evening. It doesn't usually kick into gear for me for around 12-15 hours. The first 2 times I used it, it was a very mild effect. The third time was way too strong.

Did you steep it for 15 minutes? If you don't steep it long enough, it doesnt work that well.

Been on IP since late last May. Lost a lot quickly but cheated on vacation in August (gulp) and have had a tough time getting back on track. Weeks are great but weekends are tough. Looking for motivation and camaraderie on this exciting journey.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps2/slider-lifter2/lb/184/135/157/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

You can do this! Just take it one temptation at a time and tell yourself not right now. On the weekends you might want to avoid any situations that you typically give in to, until you get a handle on this again.

scorbett1103
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
So I decided to go ahead and start Phase 3 today! It's a couple of days early (I would have started Wed morning) but I feel ready, mentally and physically. Plus I'm REALLY ready to start ramping up the exercise, and really needed to wait till P3 to do that. So away we go!!!

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Bubbleblower: Awesome pics! We're not going on our previously planned trip but I'm showing these pics to DH. Maybe we can sneak a weekend...
And one more thing, dear. GO WITH THE WEIGHT THE SCALE TOLD YOU! You deserve it! Dr Tran's book talks about being gentle with ourselves and sometimes I think we can be awfully harsh to "us", ya know?

one of my errands yesterday was to buy new jeans - my size 12's were not fitting me anymore, and had to be replaced with SIZE 8's!!!
Be sure to tell the newbies what size you STARTED in!
Congrats on single digit sizes :flame:

Good afternoon all. I hit my first goal of minus 10%, 200lbs. Feels good. Flexing my willpower muscle!! Have a good day.
I absolutely MUST break everything into mini goals.
Congrats! One more lb to ONDERLAND (or .1 to 199.9, still onderland!)
Isn't planning great? It really helps that willpower muscle work!

Scorbett is one of our SM experts.
I can't do SM tea...yuck to the taste! I use extra vitamin c (really! double-up and see what happens!) and Magnesium Citrate. Those are becoming my go-tos the nite before weigh-in just to make sure all is "clean". LOL I'm gonna start registering whether my WI was "clean" or not. I'll know what it means :)
Today's wasn't "clean"...I'll probably "go" later. Somehow my schedule got upset after our Ft Lauderdale trip and hasn't settled back to am. I'll get out the Vit C and Mag Cit and all will be well by next WI

BTW...I was down 2 :)

jeffiner
02-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Wow everyone is doing so well. This week I can just feel the weight coming off..last week I felt so bloated..probably from being sick but now Im feeling skinnier each day! Im in my jeans I havnt worn since 2010... And they are feeling loose!
For you newbies..stick with it! It really does work

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 10:48 AM
ssfit:
Yesterday you wrote: "PLEASE GIVE ME THE SWIFT KICK THAT I NEED!!!!

I keep putting off starting "until tomorrow." And tomorrow isn't ever coming. Each morning I start out strong...completely OP. Usually I'm still very compliant for lunch. Then...for some reason, around 2 p.m. I start justifying why I should just have the carb that I want (i've had some stressful days/weeks...always seems to be something). I cave & then I continue to eat until bedtime. I have gained a lot of weight back in a very short period of time. I want to cry. What advice do you have for me? I know I just need to do it...maybe it's just that I know that once I'm in ketosis...there's no going back. According to my coaches...I was their "star client." I was 100% OP for 3 months. I just hate that I've blown it, and I'm embarressed to go see them. I do have my appointment with them on Thursday."

:hug:
If a swift kick would get you to stay OP, I'd be the first in line to help you with the nudge you need!
You're already kicking yourself so it isn't what you need.

I can SO RELATE to everything you have written.

Ten years ago I did Atkins and lost 100 lbs. I took a bit of a break and NEVER could get back on. So many starts. So many failed attempts. So many feelings of complete and utter demoralization. I understand the feelings of wanting to cry (of actually crying) and of embarrassment. I regained 85 of the 100 lbs over 10 years. The attempts at re-starting kept me from gaining more.

I'm gonna suggest something totally different. I'm gonna suggest giving yourself a break. Finding ways to love yourself into it. Set a new start date for IP (at least a week away). Do the pre-planning and the psyching yourself up you need to do to get in the "no matter what" frame of mind. In the meantime, I'm not suggesting going hog-wild, but put the packets away until your new start date. Move away from the feelings of failure and build a system of success (you could certainly still eat low carb!)

Get Dr. Trans newest book and read it between now and your new start date. Pay particular attention to the section on loving ourselves well. Make a Plan A and Plan B for Day 1. Know what is in store on Day 1. Know what you will face.

You've done it before and I have full confidence you can do it again. I really think you just need a "regroup" strategy.

My regroup strategy took 8 months. I found out about IP 8 months before I started. When I decided to start, I set a start date for AFTER I was returning from a month-long vacation. I SO wanted to succeed that I just created the environment where cheats weren't an option.

You can do it! Step back, take a deep breath, set a strategy, and then restart without stress.

scorbett1103
02-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Be sure to tell the newbies what size you STARTED in!
Congrats on single digit sizes :flame:

Good point - When I started IP on July 27th, I was starting to get tight in a size 18. I thought it would be a miracle to get back into the size 12's I had from before the kids were born - and apparently I blew right past that into a size 8! I can also buy most tops in a medium. The program works! 5 full sizes and 70lbs in 7 months is proof enough for me!

MyTime50
02-18-2013, 11:24 AM

Dinie89,
Have another cup tonight. Steep the tea for 10 minutes. That should make it strong enough to get you "moving"! I don't ever use milk, but sometimes I will mix it with my choc. drink at night. There are different flavors of Smooth Move tea. I like the peppermint one the best.
I hope this helps.

Easystreet3
02-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi All, I started Ideal Protein 2 weeks ago today. The first week I lost 10 pounds and was very happy. This week seems to be going a bit slower. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow. According to my home scale I have lost about 3 pounds this week. I have not cheated at all and I figured it would slow down alot, but I was hoping for at least 4 pounds. Trying hard to say encouraged.:halffull:

Danif
02-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi All, I started Ideal Protein 2 weeks ago today. The first week I lost 10 pounds and was very happy. This week seems to be going a bit slower. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow. According to my home scale I have lost about 3 pounds this week. I have not cheated at all and I figured it would slow down alot, but I was hoping for at least 4 pounds. Trying hard to say encouraged.:halffull:

That's great! Your body just lost 10 pounds last week..it is adjusting...3 pounds is awsome. You have lost 13 pounds in two weeks..that would take the average dieter over a month. Be proud of yourself!!

Danif
02-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Good point - When I started IP on July 27th, I was starting to get tight in a size 18. I thought it would be a miracle to get back into the size 12's I had from before the kids were born - and apparently I blew right past that into a size 8! I can also buy most tops in a medium. The program works! 5 full sizes and 70lbs in 7 months is proof enough for me!

Thats Awsome!! I see you are in Ma. We just moved from there to Utah of all places! I used to go to the center in North Reading. Where do you go?

Msbehaving
02-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi all. I've been a yo-yo dieter for 40 years and feel that I am running out of runway if you know what I mean. My top weight was about 340 in 2010. I started a year long program at work in 2011 and lost 70 pounds.

In 2012 I maintained until I blew my knee out, then lack of exercise with discouragement I gained over 25 back. That freaked me out so I started looking into alternatives like lap band because I need knee replacement surgery now and want to be able to get through it. I am putting surgery off until I lose some weight, but it affects my daily activity level.

After discussion with my doctor she recommended that I try IP, so here I am. In week 3 now. Reading for ideas and education to be successful at this. Lots of support from DH, family and at work. Lost 11.2 week 1 and 4.2 week 2. That is encouraging!

ragdoll74
02-18-2013, 11:57 AM
That's great! Your body just lost 10 pounds last week..it is adjusting...3 pounds is awsome. You have lost 13 pounds in two weeks..that would take the average dieter over a month. Be proud of yourself!!

Ditto.

mrskuby
02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
OK, what is Eggplant Bacon... i haven't heard of this one can you give me the recipe. :D

Eggplant bacon:
1 large eggplant, or, 3-4 Japanese eggplants
1 T sea salt
1 T WF syrup
2 T olive oil
2 T tamari
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 t chili powder
1 t paprika
1 t cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne

Thinly slice eggplant on a mandoline (or, using a horizontal peeler, see below) and cut into strips. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Place eggplant in marinade and let sit for a few hours, or even better, overnight.

Place eggplant strips on a teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate a for two hours at 105 degrees. Remove eggplant strips from teflex and place on mesh screen. Dehydrate till crispy.

It's really good! I munched on a bunch straight out of the dehydrator! I am going to try it with lettuce and tomatoes and WF mayo for a "BLT"!!

Great job on the weight loss and the planning! :carrot:

So I decided to go ahead and start Phase 3 today! It's a couple of days early (I would have started Wed morning) but I feel ready, mentally and physically. Plus I'm REALLY ready to start ramping up the exercise, and really needed to wait till P3 to do that. So away we go!!!

Congrats to you on reaching your goal!!!:D

Scorbett is one of our SM experts.
I can't do SM tea...yuck to the taste! I use extra vitamin c (really! double-up and see what happens!) and Magnesium Citrate. Those are becoming my go-tos the nite before weigh-in just to make sure all is "clean". LOL I'm gonna start registering whether my WI was "clean" or not. I'll know what it means :)
Today's wasn't "clean"...I'll probably "go" later. Somehow my schedule got upset after our Ft Lauderdale trip and hasn't settled back to am. I'll get out the Vit C and Mag Cit and all will be well by next WI

Look for the different flavors...there is a choc flavored one that is way better than the regular flavor!

I gotta chuckle at your "clean" WI's! :p

Really? 3 lbs is awesome!! You're really gonna make youself crazy if you don't acknowledge every single loss!! Sometimes it will be more, sometimes less...but always know that you are moving in the right direction!

Hi all. I've been a yo-yo dieter for 40 years and feel that I am running out of runway if you know what I mean. My top weight was about 340 in 2010. I started a year long program at work in 2011 and lost 70 pounds.

In 2012 I maintained until I blew my knee out, then lack of exercise with discouragement I gained over 25 back. That freaked me out so I started looking into alternatives like lap band because I need knee replacement surgery now and want to be able to get through it. I am putting surgery off until I lose some weight, but it affects my daily activity level.

After discussion with my doctor she recommended that I try IP, so here I am. In week 3 now. Reading for ideas and education to be successful at this. Lots of support from DH, family and at work. Lost 11.2 week 1 and 4.2 week 2. That is encouraging!

You'll do great! You aren't sposed to be active on this plan until after you lose the weight so it's a perfect fit for your situation! Goos luck!!:D

IP43
02-18-2013, 12:05 PM

I just wish I could make all newbies sign a "disclaimer" that says "Your first week or two will be awesome and amazing and fantastic BUT you will slow down to a pound or two a week like the rest of us" DON'T be discouraged. Put 3 pounds of butter in your hands and "imagine" one on each butt cheek and one on your belly and THEN tell me you're sad that's gone! LOL

3 pounds is GREAT. 10 pounds is NOT going to happen again. It was a nice kick start, but it would NOT be a healthy thing to keep up. It took you more than 2 weeks to put 13 pounds ON your body. Celebrate the loss. You're doing great!:carrot:

Easystreet3
02-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the encouragement! I am going to stick with it because I can see that it works by all of the posts on here! Thank you!

scorbett1103
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM

That is completely normal. You had a huge loss your first week, your body has to adjust to the weight loss. This is going to happen periodically throughout your journey. You will have higher weeks and lower weeks (just look at my signature and all of my highs and lows!). You should average somewhere around 2-3lbs per week.

Thats Awsome!! I see you are in Ma. We just moved from there to Utah of all places! I used to go to the center in North Reading. Where do you go?

I'm in New Bedford - my family transplanted here from Colorado in the mid 80's!

pinky1978
02-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi there--is there anyone from New Orleans or the surrounding area on this forum? My mom is interested in possibly starting IP and is looking for a recommendation for a clinic and/or coach. Thanks in advance!!

BellaRose
02-18-2013, 01:40 PM
I just signed up for a 15K in December - something to look forward to! It has been over 7 years (and many pounds) since my last 15K race, so I'm both nervous and excited.

I'm also gearing up for a vacation/cruise which I leave for at the end of this week. I am taking drink mixes and I will be able to get salad/spinach, chicken and salmon (and possibly other steamed veggies) during dinner. The buffet will also have some cut raw veggies I can eat, along with boiled eggs.

crazynette826
02-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Bubbleblower those pics are amazing!! So pretty!

Congrats on all the great losses and NSV!!

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 02:29 PM
I just signed up for a 15K in December - something to look forward to! It has been over 7 years (and many pounds) since my last 15K race, so I'm both nervous and excited.

I'm also gearing up for a vacation/cruise which I leave for at the end of this week. I am taking drink mixes and I will be able to get salad/spinach, chicken and salmon (and possibly other steamed veggies) during dinner. The buffet will also have some cut raw veggies I can eat, along with boiled eggs.
Now, THAT, my friends, is some vacation planning!
Woo hoo!!!

Hi there--is there anyone from New Orleans or the surrounding area on this forum? My mom is interested in possibly starting IP and is looking for a recommendation for a clinic and/or coach. Thanks in advance!!
Yup. I've emailed her so she can get in touch with you.

pinky1978
02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Yup. I've emailed her so she can get in touch with you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!

M35A2
02-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Major lack of energy today. Not sure if it's the diet or the MS. Probably need a nap or to just go to bed. Why not? It's 2pm already.

Msbehaving
02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Yum. I have the day off today, so I was surfing for recipes to spiff up the soup packets that I have been bringing to work for lunch. Just made the IP mushroom soup mix with 1 cup sauteed celery and 1 cup sauteed mushrooms, along with galic and sage.

My goal is to make things so yummy that I would eat them off plan. Get rid of that feeling that I am giving something up - like flavor and texture. I like and know how to cook, so need a new stash of go-to recipes and to retrain my brain when it is thinking of things to make.

Msbehaving
02-18-2013, 03:08 PM
I am also cleaning my pantry out and getting rid of more things that I would be the only one to eat. Want to make room to get my IP and WF items on a shelf of their own and easy to see and pick from.

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Yum. I have the day off today, so I was surfing for recipes to spiff up the soup packets that I have been bringing to work for lunch. Just made the IP mushroom soup mix with1 cup sauteed celery and 1 cup sauteed mushrooms, along with galic and sage.

My goal is to make things so yummy that I would eat them off plan. Get rid of that feeling that I am giving something up - like flavor and texture. I like and know how to cook, so need a new stash of go-to recipes and to retrain my brain when it is thinking of things to make.
That's an awesome goal! I think veggie purees REALLY spiff up the soups. I'm unsure if I could eat one plain.
I love the muffins I've been making (packet/1c. zucc/1 egg white/baking powder)

Such a good idea to be planning ahead for what to do when no longer on-plan. I think that is why I chose not to get started with the bars. I didn't want the sweet cravings all the time. I've purposely chosen as many savory options as I could, from the get-go.

Ojenchilada
02-18-2013, 03:12 PM
ssfit:
Yesterday you wrote: "PLEASE GIVE ME THE SWIFT KICK THAT I NEED!!!!

:hug:
If a swift kick would get you to stay OP, I'd be the first in line to help you with the nudge you need!
You're already kicking yourself so it isn't what you need.

I can SO RELATE to everything you have written.

Ten years ago I did Atkins and lost 100 lbs. I took a bit of a break and NEVER could get back on. So many starts. So many failed attempts. So many feelings of complete and utter demoralization. I understand the feelings of wanting to cry (of actually crying) and of embarrassment. I regained 85 of the 100 lbs over 10 years. The attempts at re-starting kept me from gaining more.

I'm gonna suggest something totally different. I'm gonna suggest giving yourself a break. Finding ways to love yourself into it. Set a new start date for IP (at least a week away). Do the pre-planning and the psyching yourself up you need to do to get in the "no matter what" frame of mind. In the meantime, I'm not suggesting going hog-wild, but put the packets away until your new start date. Move away from the feelings of failure and build a system of success (you could certainly still eat low carb!)

Get Dr. Trans newest book and read it between now and your new start date. Pay particular attention to the section on loving ourselves well. Make a Plan A and Plan B for Day 1. Know what is in store on Day 1. Know what you will face.

You've done it before and I have full confidence you can do it again. I really think you just need a "regroup" strategy.

My regroup strategy took 8 months. I found out about IP 8 months before I started. When I decided to start, I set a start date for AFTER I was returning from a month-long vacation. I SO wanted to succeed that I just created the environment where cheats weren't an option.

You can do it! Step back, take a deep breath, set a strategy, and then restart without stress.

I love this response and couldn't agree more. I couldn't quit smoking until I was kinder with myself and set a plan for success. It's really all about changing your mind, not forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do.

Dinie89,
Have another cup tonight. Steep the tea for 10 minutes. That should make it strong enough to get you "moving"! I don't ever use milk, but sometimes I will mix it with my choc. drink at night. There are different flavors of Smooth Move tea. I like the peppermint one the best.
I hope this helps.

I steep mine for 15 minutes with a bag of peppermint tea and a plate on top of the cup.

Major lack of energy today. Not sure if it's the diet or the MS. Probably need a nap or to just go to bed. Why not? It's 2pm already.

I am feeling like a 2 pm nap too!

Just had a new IP drink with lunch, and it tasted good but wasn't filling at all. Kind of wonder what the point is! It's the blueberry-cranberry-pomegranate drink. Think I'll go back to RTDs or the berry yogurt drink for lunch.

This morning makes the third day in a row I have been in onederland with a repeat of yesterday's 198. My scale is usually 2 lbs lighter than my official WIs (which happen on Thursday with my clothes on). I feel so motivated to be OP to not have to slide the 200-lb slider over on Thursday! :D

ragdoll74
02-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Yum. I have the day off today, so I was surfing for recipes to spiff up the soup packets that I have been bringing to work for lunch. Just made the IP mushroom soup mix with 1 cup sauteed celery and 1 cup sauteed mushrooms, along with galic and sage.

You're tastes will change the longer you do this. I don't ever feel deprived anymore. I actually love all the foods I am allowed to eat, and often wish I could eat more than the 4 cups of veggies a day.

It does help in the beginning to try out the different recipes to keep from getting bored.

DJ72
02-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Ahhh. Monday and I am working graveyards tonight and tomorrow. Packing up my food for the next two days as I live an hour from where I work and will just stay in at my Moms. Called her to make sure she stocked up on lettuce for me. Lol. I find nights easy OP... even though my coworkers order out I like my foods I take! Happy Monday everybody!

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Just had a new IP drink with lunch, and it tasted good but wasn't filling at all. Kind of wonder what the point is! It's the blueberry-cranberry-pomegranate drink. Think I'll go back to RTDs or the berry yogurt drink for lunch.

This morning makes the third day in a row I have been in onederland with a repeat of yesterday's 198. My scale is usually 2 lbs lighter than my official WIs (which happen on Thursday with my clothes on). I feel so motivated to be OP to not have to slide the 200-lb slider over on Thursday! :D
The BluCranPom is a collagen packet, an incomplete protein.
It is meant as a supplement, not a meal replacement.
Same with the raspberry jello.
Have it as a 4th packet. It won't really affect your weight loss (great on extra-hungry days)
There's a whole thread about the collagen packets not too far back.

GO WITH THE HOME SCALE! Welcome to Onderland!

My wii fit weights 1 lb lighter than the clinic scale (and its a bit less consistent) but it helps me track better. My clinic scale is digital. No slider so I don't get THAT motivation :)

Msbehaving
02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
I would like to get a WII fit when I get down to 250. I think that is the upper weight limit to use the thing you stand on? A non- food reward. And a fun way to get more activity.

Must be having an energy surge today because I am also sorting out each day's packets clipped together and dated, in order in a basket so they are easy to grab.

Ojenchilada
02-18-2013, 03:35 PM
I would like to get a WII fit when I get down to 250. I think that is the upper weight limit to use the thing you stand on? A non- food reward. And a fun way to get more activity.

Must be having an energy surge today because I am also sorting out each day's packets clipped together and dated, in order in a basket so they are easy to grab.

I have been trying to think of a good goal to buy a Wii Fit. Lisa just makes it sound so awesome, doesn't she? We are in the early stages of adopting (hopefully 2) children, so I am thinking I will wait for them to help me go get it. So maybe I will aim for getting it to reward reaching my 155 goal. I have to admit, that still seems so far away!

RoslynsMom
02-18-2013, 03:44 PM
We love our wii fit. Totally rocks. Even our 4 yr old loves it.

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 03:50 PM

I just looked it up. It looks like the upper limit is 330 for the balance board.

I watched ebay for a while and got a great deal on my wii system and wii fit.

I used to sort my packets and put them in seven ziplocks labeled for the days of the week. It really helped for the first 6-8 weeks OP.

I have been trying to think of a good goal to buy a Wii Fit. Lisa just makes it sound so awesome, doesn't she? We are in the early stages of adopting (hopefully 2) children, so I am thinking I will wait for them to help me go get it. So maybe I will aim for getting it to reward reaching my 155 goal. I have to admit, that still seems so far away!
I got my wii fit for 50% to goal mini reward. That way I could start USING IT! I do yoga and other gentle exercises.

M35A2
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM

I like the Blueberry Cran Granata in the evening because it's not so thick as some of the other ones. Fast and easy to get down in the evening right before bed.

mrskuby
02-18-2013, 04:12 PM

Wow, adopting 2 children! And if you're going to have them help you get the Wii then I assume they aren't babies? That is such a wonderful thing! I hope it all works out for you!:hug:

SylviesGirl
02-18-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm on day 6 and things have smoothed out and I am groovin'! Thanks to all who patiently answered my questions and offered support. :smug:

I learned a valuable lesson this morning, I need to always have cucumbers on hand. My morning took an unexpected turn and suddenly I had no time to prepare anything else. I drank my drink while I ran my errands, and snatched up a big bag of cukes on the way home. For some reason, I am really into cucumbers with sea salt and apple cider vinegar right now. Yummy!

Bubbleblower -- Thanks for the beautiful pics to start us out! Wow.

Lisa -- What a wonderful "talking to" you gave. Just perfect. I think the being kind to yourself stuff is really hard. I have been beating myself up for years and years, it will take quite some time to break that habit, but you are so right on how important it is. I think something Scorbett said over the weekend really clarified it for me and gave me a good way of looking at it: think of this diet as a pregnancy. It is temporary. It is a special time. You make adjustments and sacrifices. Your improved health and lifestyle are the baby you are feeding and growing and developing. That is a very hands on example for me. I had super-human discipline when I was pregnant . . . because it was for somebody I (already) loved, my son. I will draw from this a lot -- and not just dietwise. Thanks ladies! :grouphug:

That said, I have a pile of produce to process . . . so later, ladies!

Ojenchilada
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Wow, adopting 2 children! And if you're going to have them help you get the Wii then I assume they aren't babies? That is such a wonderful thing! I hope it all works out for you!:hug:

Thanks! We have been married for 13 years with no kids, so we need to adopt older kids to catch up with our friends! ;) we start training first week of march, then do home study, and then start the process to get matched with kids who would like to be a part of our family. It is really exciting.

Msbehaving
02-18-2013, 04:41 PM
D

For me, some of the fruit drinks don't satisfy me in the morning.

crazynette826
02-18-2013, 05:49 PM
I love the bluberry cranberry pomegranate drink warm at night. So yummy! I also like the jello mixed with 8-10 oz. warm water, and drink right away, rather than like jello. It's delicious!! I was told to have both of these at least a couple of times a week to help with loose skin.

bubbleblower
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments on the photos, everyone! It's one of my favorite things to do here - both the snorkel at the Stingray Sandbar and taking photos to share. (And diving, of course!)

And one more thing, dear. GO WITH THE WEIGHT THE SCALE TOLD YOU! You deserve it! Dr Tran's book talks about being gentle with ourselves and sometimes I think we can be awfully harsh to "us", ya know?

Thanks for that, Lisa. I really am strict with myself and it probably is time to start recognizing some of what I've accomplished and appreciating myself for it. I still hope I wake up tomorrow at the same weight, but even if there's a little blip I know it'll only be temporary. :) We were looking at photos on the TV last night and my BIL did a double-take and made me go back to one of my heavier photos from last fall. He kept looking back and forth between me and the TV with his mouth open. My inclination was to immediately delete the photo, but I think I need the reminder.

Congrats, everyone, on the day's victories (big congrats to Scorbett on the size 8s! that's awesome!!). Keep it up, all!!

Desafinado
02-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Man, these few days of TOM I have been headache-y and ravenously hungry. I have managed to stay on plan and everything but boy, I just want to lay down and sleep until it's over.

Mother of the Groom
02-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie (day 5) and I'm confused, I thought we couldn't have worcestershire sauce due to the sugar in it? I also looked at my soy sauce and it has sugar in it, won't using these kick us out of ketosis? The sheet also says no red wine vinegar yet this is in some recipes for phase 1?
Totally confused

ultramommynine
02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I have a question about ground beef... I made a taco salad in a bowl for dinner but we only had 80/20 ground beef. I browned it then ran it under hot water for a few minutes. I'm trying to decide how to put this in my fitness pal. When I measured the meat before cooking it was 13 ounces. After browning and rinsing it was 6ish. I know that no matter what that my calories are gonna be a little higher today but I wanted it and it kept me from eating something way off plan :)

Thoughts?

JustSue
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM

Congratulations! I have not hit my 10% yet, but hope to do so this week. Good luck with your supper! :)

JustSue
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
I love this response and couldn't agree more. I couldn't quit smoking until I was kinder with myself and set a plan for success. It's really all about changing your mind, not forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do.

I steep mine for 15 minutes with a bag of peppermint tea and a plate on top of the cup.

I am feeling like a 2 pm nap too!

Isn't being in onderland wonderful??:dizzy: I had weighed over 200 lbs for so long that I did not know if I ever would get there again.

lisa32989
02-18-2013, 08:36 PM
I have a question about ground beef... I made a taco salad in a bowl for dinner but we only had 80/20 ground beef. I browned it then ran it under hot water for a few minutes. I'm trying to decide how to put this in my fitness pal. When I measured the meat before cooking it was 13 ounces. After browning and rinsing it was 6ish. I know that no matter what that my calories are gonna be a little higher today but I wanted it and it kept me from eating something way off plan :)

Well, I've seen some people comment that it can be 6-8 oz meat - measured raw. I would have used half the meat. And I understand about keeping from eating something way off plan.

ladylunk
02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Commenting about the meat question with a question of my own. I am pretty sure the consensus on here is to weigh meat raw. First question about that is my coach told my friend to weigh after cooked because of all the water in raw meat. Comments?

Now I do weigh out some raw, but doing stew type dishes or roasts for a family many times I weigh cooked as impossible to weigh first. Comments or experience on this? There is no way I am going to hack off a chunk of pork tenderloin and hope it's the right weight and wreck the roasting of the whole piece......

nineonline
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
What a couple of weeks it's been. I started IP for my fourth time in about 3 years on Jan 28th 2013. After a much needed cleanse and adjustment in diet habits I felt amazing and was going strong in my first two weeks. I didn't see much of a loss on the scale but my body felt so great I didn't care!

Last weekends gigantic snow storm had me shovelling for days and I was happy to be getting some sweat happening as I don't incorporate regular exercise into my weight loss efforts.

I went out the same weekend and got completely bombed on vodka sodas - never been so sick in my life :S drinking is something I might do a couple times a year - the next day saw me eating a couple slices of little ceasers pizza to get something with density in my gut : / I fluffed it off and carried on last week, was feeling good but so so hungry so I relied alot on some soft boiled eggs if I found myself not being able to manage a couple nights this week.

THIS weekend is an entirely different story that I'm going to try not to sweat over ... This weekend I completely went off the deep end :S totally on purpose - I gave into my hormones and that little voice in my head telling me how empty my insides feel and the callings of cravings for anything other than what I've had for the past 3 weeks. Sick of the same veg, restricted snacks just not cutting it, my TOTM just days away and possibly the worst out of all of these - way too much time on my hands. Single, no kids, friends all have kids, husbands etc. not much family, just me and my cat and an aversion to actually spending time with people as they always manage to make everything revolve around food.

I McAte my way, on Saturday and tonight, on chicken and fries with diet soda for dinner =( and an ice cream tonight. On the bright side? I will take on this week with a climbing out of the hole attitude.

After my first two weeks my coach wasn't entirely impressed with my small loss - he suggested/recommended using a fat burner - green coffee bean, raspberry ketone etc - Anyone ever used one in combination with ideal protein? or at all? results?

...Onwards and upwards, hope everyone has a great week!
.:9:.

50harvest
02-18-2013, 09:20 PM

I tried Jicama for the first time this weekend! It was delicious raw and fried in a little coconut oil. At my store the jicama has a brand label on it, sort of like a Dole banana label...

1LittleStar
02-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Last week we introduced my BIL and SIL to some of our underwater friends at the Stingray Sandbar. Amazing how much fun you can have in 3 feet of water!!
QUOTE]

Amazing pictures! I think I may have to take up diving. It looks absolutely fabulous!

[QUOTE=sc1661cl;4637007]Down another 5 lbs finally not fluctuating out of ONDERLAND!! Ahhh my closet is now my favorite place!

Congrats on ONEDERLAND!!!!

So no worries, especially when one of my errands yesterday was to buy new jeans - my size 12's were not fitting me anymore, and had to be replaced with SIZE 8's!!!

Congrats on Size 8s!! I'm so happy for you.

Congrats Lisa.

I admire you for doing a 15K. I hope to be able to do a 5K some day, maybe in a year!

The BluCranPom is a collagen packet, an incomplete protein.
It is meant as a supplement, not a meal replacement.
Same with the raspberry jello.
Have it as a 4th packet. It won't really affect your weight loss (great on extra-hungry days)
There's a whole thread about the collagen packets not too far back.

Did not know this. Just tried the BluCranPom and the jello in the last few weeks. Thanks for the info, I will look for that thread.

Thanks! We have been married for 13 years with no kids, so we need to adopt older kids to catch up with our friends! ;) we start training first week of march, then do home study, and then start the process to get matched with kids who would like to be a part of our family. It is really exciting.

Wow, how exciting for you! Congratulations.

IP43
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
After my first two weeks my coach wasn't entirely impressed with my small loss - he suggested/recommended using a fat burner - green coffee bean, raspberry ketone etc - Anyone ever used one in combination with ideal protein? or at all? results?

...Onwards and upwards, hope everyone has a great week!
.:9:.

LOL -- no offence but you can't expect to McEat and then get big losses. Please remember, every time you have a pig out, it's 3-4 days before you get back into fat burning mode so if you're going off plan on the weekend, but Thurs you're back in the zone and back off again Friday. Would your coach be impressed with your loss if s/he knew it was only for 2 days in 14?

Not nagging. Just saying. Try one of the "boosters" if you want but it'll add more money and chemicals to your body. Give it a go, to be 100% from one weigh in to the next though before you do that. See what this diet can do as written.

nineonline
02-18-2013, 09:52 PM
...from one restart to another: LOL and no offense but I never expected to carry on as I have this weekend in the future with the expectation of using a fat burner to excuse my behaviour. My small loss was pre last weekend, which reflects my first two weeks.

Sorry you understood the post some other way ...

I've seen a 20lb weight loss since introduced to IP in 2010 so I'm familiar with what it can do, my post earlier was just a moment to vent with a positive go forward attitude.

An entirely seperate question was about fat burners. If you HAVE tried one I'd love to hear about it - positive or negative reviews - but experienced opinions are of most interest to me.

IP43
02-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Yep- I may be the queen of "restart" but I keep at it. That's why I know what a waste of time it is to cheat LOL... But it looks like you've got the right perspective goin' forward.

I don't know much about the supplements, other than I'm intrigued by them, BUT I remember hearing a discussion that the ones mentione on "Dr. Oz" were the good ones (expensive I'm sure) and that there were many other cheaper versions that were not as effective (maybe the way they were prepared or the concentration - whatever) so google "dr.oz" and you'll see that brand so you can compare it to whatever you buy to see if it's close.

Deb D
02-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Are you local? That's my MB!!! There are a couple of us IPers in this area on the forum!

That's my MB also... I think there are quite a few of us from this area. Nice to know I'm not alone in the NE with all the snow.

Dinie89
02-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Dinie89,
I hope this helps.

Ya- I only found the original one-- i had minor minor movement I was expecting more--I just drank it again - let steep for about 15 mins and just added stevia tonight - thanks for the choc drink idea

LizRR
02-18-2013, 11:01 PM
...from one restart to another: LOL and no offense but I never expected to carry on as I have this weekend in the future with the expectation of using a fat burner to excuse my behaviour. My small loss was pre last weekend, which reflects my first two weeks.

Sorry you understood the post some other way ...

I've seen a 20lb weight loss since introduced to IP in 2010 so I'm familiar with what it can do, my post earlier was just a moment to vent with a positive go forward attitude.

An entirely seperate question was about fat burners. If you HAVE tried one I'd love to hear about it - positive or negative reviews - but experienced opinions are of most interest to me.

You can also check out the "Does It Work" board on 3FC regarding the fat burners.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/

nineonline
02-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Thx LizRR, I've checked it out, so many posts that say the same thing and not too many experience based posts, was hoping to hear from an IP user ... anyhow, it's not really something I jumped at when he mentioned it, just thought I'd ask here to see if a response / experience was hanging around.

More importantly, and I'm sure you've heard this before - THANK YOU for your puree recipes, they sound fantastic, I can't wait to try the rutabaga one! I intend to review all 12 pages of the recipes tomorrow!

nineonline
02-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Are rutabaga and turnip the same thing?

IP43
02-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Are rutabaga and turnip the same thing?

Same family-different size. Like a teacup poodle and a real poodle ;)

Someone told me -- haven't tried it yet -- to microwave the rutabega a wee bit before slicing. It softens the waxy outer layer.

If that messes up anyone's microwave, my apologies in advance. Don't shoot the messenger;)

nineonline
02-19-2013, 12:39 AM
same taste though?