South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Marvelous Monday Beach Chat for 02/18/13

Good morning, ladies!!! I hope everybody else had a great weekend. Unfortunately we started the weekend off w/ the loss of an officer to post-surgery complications (not job-related).

Friday I ended up getting tattooed as planned. I am absolutely IN LOVE w/ my sugar skull tattoo!!! I also got the star on my wrist covered up w/ a lotus flower. I like it, too, but the sugar skull is just SO awesome. I've already gotten a ton of compliments on it. Trust me, the picture DOES NOT do it justice!!!

Saturday I headed over to Phenix City, AL to attend a Roller Derby bout. That was fun, except for the part where the step UP wasn't marked and I faceplanted, breaking every single nail on my right hand and (I'm pretty sure) breaking a couple of toes.

Sunday I went for a walk w/ a friend (yes w/ broken toes, LOL) and then relaxed around the house most of the day. Took my nephew and his girlfriend to see Identity Thief and now here I sit on MY Sunday (your Monday since it's after midnight, LOL) just killing time.

So who all has to work on President's Day??? *raises hand*
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #2  

Oooh...sorry for the continuously huge pictures, guys!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Natasha and bleachers still sleeping. I am on my way in to work. Sorry to hear about your officer. Please watch where you are walking! The tattoo looks great!

Nothing new here just cold, bitter cold. I did get selected to get my CDL (commercial driver's license) just call me Ralph Cramden! We take our road test on a city bus. This should be interesting lol

Have a great day, oh how I don't want to get out of my car brrrrr
Old 02-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Natasha, they did a great job on your tatoo. Hope your toes and hand feel better soon, and that the job search gets some leads.

Jennifer - WOO HOO, don't you want to drive a city bus....NOT!! I bet those people are horribly underpaid.

I'm off to meet a friend for breakfast (last one for a while), I haven't even had coffee yet, b/c then I tend to drink to much coffee and act like a freak . Then off to work, then I'm hoping a workout. Normal day for me!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another Monday and another long week. I'm saving my holiday for a couple of weeks. Tomorrow will be half WFH, so a more leisurely start, but today I'm driving to the other side of the state (just 90 minutes or so) so no time to mess around.

Happy Monday Chicks
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to know you two ladies are up and at it making the world safe for democracy. Yes, it's a long weekend here too - Family Day in Ontario. We sure do need a long weekend here in cold February. Apparently Ottawa was just packed yesterday with the folks and kids enjoying Winterlude. Did you know Ottawa has the longest skating rink in the world? When I lived in Ottawa, we used it a lot. I'm afraid my skating days are over now with bum knees and a broken toe that is slowly turning back to normal.

I really kept my nose to the grindstone yesterday and have nearly finished a bunch of horrible accounting tasks. I've been feeling a bit "flat" lately and had a strict talk with myself about procrastinating. I even did the financial report for this afternoon's Mill Board meeting. We will be setting up the season's events for the Mill - days for grinding demos, a Mad Hatter tea party, bake and book sale, fish fries, ice cream parties and traveling exhibits in the Hall. The Syrup Festival in April starts us off into a busy year that won't end until the Thanksgiving Festival in October.

Just checked my calendar for THIS week and it's pretty packed so I'd better have another coffee, put on my Big Girl panties and get with it! I have an ever-growing list of niggles to clear up.

Enjoy your Family Day or President's Day!

at Cyndi and Tammy!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Natasha! Great tattoo...sorry about the extremity issue.

I'm down to the wire here...a very busy day at work so I'm heading in early. Getting packed and organized for my trip over the hill either tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Linda, I was thinking of you and your family while I was sipping coffee. Take care...you are juggling so much right now.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

You guys are always so chipper and chatty. I wish I was like that

I have been doing good on the diet. I had a few emotional days and feel of the wagon but followed up by a few days of phase 1 to get back on track.

I am down a little over 20 lbs but have not really told anyone I am dieting b/c personally I look at this as a way for my whole family to eat healthy! I was very pleased when my husband liked the loaded cauliflower! Most people have not even noticed my loss which is fine by me but my mom said she could tell I had lost some (think my daughter who knows may have told her) then asked us to pizza for supper...haha

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I've been busy so far: gym, groceries, cleaning (to get ready for hosting book club tomorrow). It's dark and rainy now so I might get lazy and curl up with a book this afternoon.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #10  

Good afternoon, ladies...just checking in from work. Man, this was a bad weekend around here apparently. One of my friend's ex-wife (and the mother of his child) was found unresponsive and cyanotic (blue) in her home Saturday morning. They worked her all the way to the hospital but she was already gone. Another one of my friends miscarried...it was her and her husband's first and they were due in July. So sad.

jekel - Yanno what's awesome??? AFTER I faceplanted they decided to go mark the ledge w/ bright orange neon tape. They said "oh that happens ALL the time." Really??? And you couldn't have thought to mark it BEFOREHAND??? I finally got the left knee healed from New Years and now the right knee is banged up, LOL Good luck w/ your CDL test!!! That's stressful enough as it is, but in NYC??? EEK!!!

Twynn - Thanks!!! Hope you enjoyed breakfast w/ your friend!!!

Cyndi - Hope your day wasn't too hectic!!!

Ruth - Sounds like a hectic day for you, too...hope it wasn't too bad!!!

Lexxiss - Thanks!!! I giggled at "extremity issue" for some reason. Fingers are feeling better but the bottom of my foot where the middle toe and the toe next to my pinky connect is super sore. Nothing a doctor can do for broken toes, though, except tape them together and I can do that myself and save the $$$, LOL And it sounds like your day is hectic, too!!! Geez, ladies!!!

paydaymom - I'm only chipper b/c it was about 1 in the morning when I posted. Trust me, if it was 10 AM I would be much less talkative, LOL Congratulations on the 20 lbs, that's awesome!!!

WaistingTime - Curling up w/ a good book sounds fantastic. I need to start taking the time out to read more and, instead, I keep spending it on the internet. That's a ME issue, not a TIME issue, though, LOL Hope you enjoyed your day!!!
Closed Thread