View Poll Results: Which is worse, being old or fat?
Old, at least there is a possibility of losing fat. 3 23.08%
Fat, at least there is no reason to feel compelled to do something about old. 4 30.77%
I love both. Now that I'm old who cares if I'm fat, I look like a cow anyway. 1 7.69%
I hate both equally. Oprah says that 50 is the new thirty. I'm throwing away my prime. 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 04:46 AM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default Cow's with insomnia

DD's knee has been bad all winter. No one has drained it. I am awake because I had a dream that we should get it drained, regardless of what her doctor says.
Am I getting strange or what?

Wabby, families. What are you going to do? Of course my family is a horror, still has the power to knock me over with the hurtful things that are said. When does this end? I know people who have cut their families off....but I can't figure out how to do that. I think you're right..ship them off to Arizona, talk to them once a week on the phone.

i've been two handed typing but that is bad, so i've stopped.

i ate
brk: mozzerella stick 2
Lnch: gagfast 4
din: chicken caesar salad at applebees 17

i have organized my vitamins into one of those pill things for one month. i think it will help with compliance.

i'm going to go shift the wash. since i'm up i may as well do something.
L

Last edited by Lush; 05-13-2003 at 04:54 AM.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:22 AM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey lushbag----i am ALWAYS waking up in the middle of the night-----sarry your shoulder is still bothering you---gotta go make ds's lunch--talk later------------- i just ate some smoked salmon from the market---YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Old 05-13-2003, 03:10 PM   #3  

I'm an insomniac too. All the most creative ppl are, you know.

So far today-

Cream of wheat w/ skim milk 4pts.
banana 2 pts.
LC pizza again 7 pts.
2 Wendy's side salads, 1 pkt. of low fat ranch dressing 2pts.

only 10 pts. left for today. oh dear.

Did I tell you that DS had borrowed DH's truck, his truck he loves, and DS wrecked it? DS is ok, the truck is not. DH is doing soooo well, he didn't even lose his cool. He must be growing up.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Yikes, sorry to hear about the truck accident, Wab. I have found that when a loved one totals your vehicle, even though you'd like to strangle them, this is mitigated with the relief that they are all right. Of course with a husband doing it, like in my case, you can give him a hard time about it forever, which is helpful. In the case of a kid, I don't know about ribbing him. I totalled my parents' car when I was 16 and I have to say I was pretty traumatized -- I didn't think they'd ever let me drive again. Then they had the temerity to suggest I take a driving course, which pi**ed me off so much I got over it.

I have reached a new low, frustration-wise. Not worth recounting, but after DH and DD set off for the guitar-lesson-journey this afternoon, I popped open a beer and sat down in front of the computer. This is not like me -- I love to have a beer, but never by myself and rarely during the day. However, I feel much less like throwing things now and I think I will actually get up and make dinner and do useful stuff. Apparently when you have enough seething going on, it burns off the alcohol quickly.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 05-13-2003 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #5  

Gosh, Kiwi, I'd never drink a beer alone. I prefer Mike's hard lemonade. I'm sorry you're seething. I've been doing way too much of that myself.

The truck accident was just one of those things - someone pulled out in front of DS, and he swerved to the left, the person in the lane to the left of him hit the driver's door of the truck. The fault is to be determined. He's just sore all over, but he was very lucky to have been in a big truck instead of a little car.

It is such a beautiful day out, it's making me crazy to be at work today.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:39 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
I prefer Mike's hard lemonade.
OO, Me too! Let's go out and get some!

Well, I got the dinner started -- I bought some turkey drumsticks a while back and every time I open up the freezer, I wonder what on earth I'm going to do with them. When I bought them, I have to admit I was having a hallucination about bbq'd turkey legs like they sell at Disneyworld. (This is a hallucination because we don't ever bbq, except on the sailboat or if we have a party and I can convince DH to drag out and clean the stupid thing )

So I finally thawed them and I decided to marinate them in ranch dressing and then roll 'em in crumbs and bake them. Hope they are edible.

And I scooped the cat litter, emptied the trash and shifted the laundry. And ate a peanut butter cookie.

Now I'm back. What'd I miss?

Kiwi
Old 05-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #7  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I don't know nothing about
points but here's what I ate: Six servings of salted almonds, two tiny choco mints and Chinese veggies.Kiwi, check out my color names. HTML is weird.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:47 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

THE RICE CRISPY SQUARES ARE ALL GONE AND I MADE OATMEAL COOKIES THIS AFTERNOON----I AM ON A GIANT ROLL DOWNHILL----I DID GO FOR A WALK YESTERDAY AND TODAY THOUGH---THAT IS NOT AS PAINFUL AS NOT EATING-- i think i will have a cranberry mikes since everyone is drinking this afternoon---------can we meet at the neighbourhood cyberbar??????------------i want some of peachbutt's almonds to go with me drink----member when we had margies in my living room Kiwi and Peachers tried to get us to join the Ladies Temperance Union???????????????????
Old 05-13-2003, 06:14 PM   #9  
The magic shrinking cow

Wabby, what a relief your DS is okay! I don't think I would ever let MY DS drive again!! But I know I have to. Sigh. Why do we have to let them grow up and drive?

I'll boringly recount points later tonight. Right now, I'm having cappuccino (4 points) and watching DS7 vacuum. They start off so cute, don't they?
Old 05-13-2003, 07:05 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry Wabby for missing your story about ds!!!!!!!!!!!! needless to say,i can imagine your relief!!! so far we have only had two 'accidents' by the dd's and both were not too serious,but we always imagine the worst for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad to hear he made out okay------------- xoxoxoxoxo
Old 05-13-2003, 09:11 PM   #11  
Most boring housewife.

oH wABBY A harrowing experience. How did you find out...was it the dreaded phone call?
here 's what i ate:
brk- no time
lunch- couple bites of hoagie meat/ couple chips- 9
din- salad 6
turkey 4
spinach.sauce- 4
later- peanuts 4

grand total 28
I can live with that.

i'm so tired from being awake this morning.
bye
Old 05-13-2003, 09:39 PM   #12  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Wabby, I want to tell you that I remember when dh bought that truck. How scary to let kids drive. I think 35 would be about the right age to start. Why am I letting ds take drivers ed?

What is a point? Do I need to know?

Herbie story: one of his t
enants called at 11 a.m. to say a ceiling tile was hanging down. At 3 p.m. she called EMS and had herself taken to the hospital because it fell and hit her on the head knocking her down. He is battling having his insurance cancelled. I have referred him to a private investigator.

House story: Loan won't be approve
d unless inspector verifies the rating of insulation. Inspector won't verify the rating of insulation. "If I can't see it, I don't verify it," he says. Peaches pulling hair out but that's ok because hair looks so bad.

Geographical sites are also colors
Old 05-14-2003, 02:16 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Even I, the mild-mannered Sugar who hasn't had a drink in about 100 years, would drink a Mike's Hard Lemonade! Yum!!

I'm having sort of a life crisis that I couldn't possible go into here, but it's getting better and sorting itself out. If it weren't for this d*amned insomnia, I'd be perfect

Yesterday I ate: some sort of granola, a few tortellinis, a teeny tiny piece of chocolate that I didn't even enjoy, low-fat colelslaw, mashed potatoes and a banana. It all looks so strange when you put it down in writing.

So glad to know that ds is ok, Wabby! Kids are allowed to drive at 18 here so I've got a few more years.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:25 AM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

I kind of like the color of Alabama, Peaches. And America is not a bad color either. Although you'd think it would be more patriotic.

What kind of moron does Herbie have for a tenant anyways? Was she sitting under the loose tile to keep an eye on it? Sheesh...

I have too much of a headache to think about points. I will tell you that the turkey legs, while sort of tasty, were tough and stringy and there was a lot less meat on them than you would have thought. And a bag of frozen corn does not last that long, even if it is unopened. blah.

I really don't want to drive to NC next weekend. But especially I don't want to pack for the trip. I think I'll leave on Sunday, so I can sit in a motel room all alone on Sunday night and watch the final episode of The Bachelor.

You know what's really good? Tortilla chips with grated cheddar cheese and drops of ranch dressing, all melted together in the microwave. 299 points.

Hi Sugar. Hope you get some sleep. I need sleep right now. Goodnight.

Kiwi
Old 05-14-2003, 08:07 AM   #15  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Use low fat dressing or would that ruin the taste? I want to know what's up with Sugar. I need to hear about somebody else's life.

The moron isn't a moron. She's more like a person who makes sure people see her in a store as she slides and falls on a wet spot.

I ate a ton a tortilla chips and salsa last night. Not getting on the scales this morning.

Also, complain complain, trying to be honest and good I told my landlord I'd probably move in June but things aren't going smoothly. Now, I have her realtor calling me trying to get permission to come in. She hasn't got me on the phone yet. I tried to return her call a few times, got busy signals and gave up.

Sugar, you only ate things the color of Lush's house.

G'bye. Love you all. Moo.
Closed Thread