100 lb. Club - a brief intermission

View Full Version : a brief intermission

April Snow
02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
So this weekend, I made a choice to go off plan. It was in a controlled way, and not as a binge or with a lot of extra calories. Some of what I had were actually a couple of lean cuisines I still had in the freezer! lol! I did also have some Thai food I had been craving too and got it out of my system.

It is mostly an attempt to re-boot and restart my plan. I'm not sure why I stalled for 2 weeks. I did this plan for 6 months the last time and never had a stall. But it was playing games with my head and I wasn't willing to take the chance of really going off plan completely. This felt like something I was in control of instead of the other way around.

I had no idea if this is going to work the way I hope it does, which is to re-start my low carb plan again tomorrow and see if I can get things running correctly again. And of course, I am showing a gain on the scale today, although I know it's primarily regained water weight. But if this goes the way I hope/think it should, I should show a small net loss a week from now, and then continue with my normal weight loss pattern.

If that doesn't happen, then I'll have to accept that the pattern I had with this plan the first time isn't going to be repeated and figure out how I want to deal with that, but this seemed like a reasonable test before I accept that as a fact.

April Snow
02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
A couple of additional points to me, or really reminders for myself.

First, the fact that I am posting here about it is part of feeling like I can and am in control. This is an experiment, not permission to keep going.

Also, I enjoyed most but not all of what I ate (and yes, I did stop eating anything that I wasn't enjoying). So while a lot of less healthy foods may always taste good to me, not all of them do, and I can 1) eliminate them from any craving and 2) have hope that eventually, the list of less healthy foods I no longer enjoy will continue to grow.

And I also don't feel that great - blah, bloated, heartburn. I said when I first re-started that I was amazed at how quickly I started to feel a physical difference. I may be willing to eat some of these foods again in the future, but I need to remember this is the price I will pay. But the upside is that I look forward to feeling better in a few days of being on plan again - and a good reminder of why the scale isn't the only reason I'm doing it.

Mozzy
02-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Good luck!!!

April Snow
02-18-2013, 11:01 AM
definitely back on track today. And I "cheated" last night, meaning I couldn't face one final off-plan meal! lol! I had planned something that I had initially thought sounded good but in the end, decided to just go with one of my common on plan meals.

Total gain was about 3 lbs, so hopefully, that will come off quickly and take a friend or two along and I'll be back on my usual pattern.

But in any case, the mental break has done me good. I had been feeling kind of discouraged but now I'm happily and enthusiastically back on plan and looking forward to feeling good, the way I do when I eat this way.