Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Default How to curb 'instant gratification'/'worry'

I have been working on my journey for over 2 years. Ive lost over 30 lbs which I am very proud of.

I have re-started a month today, going to the gym and picking healthier choices. I have lost 9 lbs -2.25 a week so far and more than a couple inches on my body. I feel great!

Now onto why I made this post.... How do you rid yourself of these negative feelings? No matter how much I lose I dont feel like it's fast enough or good enough. Same for my calories, what I eat, how much I exercise etc.

I'm virtually obsessed and frought with worry, especially if I see no results for a day ir two. The worst part is I know this is all normal and I've gone through it all before but I can't stop the feelings and just relax!

Last edited by schubunny; 02-17-2013 at 09:33 AM.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

It's a chronic dieting mentality, as I call it, I've had to deal with this all too often myself. I would get obsessive and feel like it's not doing well enough even though I would be doing great but it just would not be good enough. Working out once a day wasn't enough so I started going twice a day. It was a bad bad never-ending cycle. I wrote a post about the dieting mentality and I am trying to just live and enjoy life more rather than focus on losing weight. It's not easy but it's helpful.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #3  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Trust the process.

That's what I had to tell myself every day early on in this journey. Heck, I still have to tell myself every day. I've had to learn to avoid spending all my mental energy on the results (or lack thereof), because it's simply exhausting. That mentality has made me give up way too many times in the past. Part of me still wants to throw a tantrum because I only lose one pound a week.

Instead, I focus my energy on making healthy choices every day. Not for the results, but because I need to feel better. Because I want a fuller life. Because I want a longer life. I'm stubbornly sticking to my guns in order to improve myself. There's no quick fix; it's a process that takes a lifetime. Even once we hit goal, we're still a constant work in progress. And time is going to pass anyway. Taking steps in the right direction won't get you there instantaneously, but it will still get you there.

So trust the process.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #4  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Thanks girls, I am trying! It's strange how we people are, that we expect everything to work on our schedule. It's hard sometimes to just accept life isn't like that.

I am stressed because I want to lose one more pound to get -10 for the month. That darn last one is just hanging on for life, hehe.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote