Ideal Protein Diet - rotini

View Full Version : rotini

marnie
02-16-2013, 01:54 PM
i was told rotini is restricted then yesterday i was told its not.. the way she calculated, it was 12 cargs then subtracted the fiber which is 5 i think and said its non-restricted. can somone calarify that for me thank you

leannekarella
02-16-2013, 02:09 PM
i was told rotini is restricted then yesterday i was told its not.. the way she calculated, it was 12 cargs then subtracted the fiber which is 5 i think and said its non-restricted. can somone calarify that for me thank you

Under 9 net carbs (carbs minus fiber) is non-restricted.
Rotini is not restricted.

PacNW IP
02-16-2013, 10:32 PM
How do you cook the rotini? My packet doesn't have any instructions and I don't see a preparation method on the IdealProtein website.

leannekarella
02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
How do you cook the rotini? My packet doesn't have any instructions and I don't see a preparation method on the IdealProtein website.

I just boiled it like noodles for about 5-7 min. They never get really soft. Very al dente (sp?) no matter how long you cook them.

galpal445
02-17-2013, 10:52 AM
The rotini needs to be boiled in liquid for 10-12 minutes. I usually use chicken broth to help up the flavor a little bit.

lisa32989
02-17-2013, 10:57 AM

Marni
Plainprotein.com has all the product labels online, which makes it easy for any of us to view nutritional info.

You have been given correct info here...nonrestricted. Enjoy!

LexiChanel1
02-19-2013, 10:14 AM
yuck, i paid 27.00 and its tastes HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

PacNW IP
02-19-2013, 11:27 AM
I made it for lunch this weekend, and it was really good. I think by itself it wouldn't be so great. The texture is different from normal pasta. I sauteed up some bell peppers, mushrooms and cabbage, threw the cooked pasta in with some seasonings and a little drizzle of olive oil. I think the crunch of the veggies offsets the texture of the pasta. I had the Tomato Basil flavor rotini.

jeffiner
02-19-2013, 11:31 AM
I made it for lunch this weekend, and it was really good. I think by itself it wouldn't be so great. The texture is different from normal pasta. I sauteed up some bell peppers, mushrooms and cabbage, threw the cooked pasta in with some seasonings and a little drizzle of olive oil. I think the crunch of the veggies offsets the texture of the pasta. I had the Tomato Basil flavor rotini.

I agree...i also sauté up some veggies..zucchini, broccoli, mushroom peppers etc..mix it all up add some salt and its great!

LexiChanel1
02-19-2013, 12:58 PM
great ideas thanks

leannekarella
02-19-2013, 01:47 PM
I just got one pack of the tomato basil rotini (a new product) from my coach. Didn't really care for the plain one, but thought I'd try. I ate it with WF garlic/herb sauce, which was gross, so that might have been part of the problem.

I'm thinking turkey or tuna salad with this pack...and I'm definitely going to saute up some veggies and throw them in. Great suggestion!