Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5'5

Default Feeling like a failure after Valentine's Day

I'm really mad at myself... I lost control with all the Valentine's Day chocolate and went on a bit of a binge... I'm such a chocolate addict... I knew I should have asked my boyfriend to please not buy me any chocolate this year but I just couldn't say no. I ate about half a bag of hershey kisses... and half the box of chocolate turtles. I also got candy from my mom... Those Lindor truffles... OMG how could I resist... I ate the entire bag in 2 days... I'm disgusted really.

I ended up giving the other half of chocolate that I didn't eat to my brothers because I knew I'd probably end up finishing everything on my own if it was in site. Now all of the chocolate's gone which is good because I can't eat anymore of it but I'm really disappointed in myself that I lost control like that... Thankfully V-day is not for another year now!

On a better note my boyfriend asked me if I was losing weight because he noticed that I looked slimmer especially in my face... That was really nice to hear!

I think I only gained about 1 lb after the chocolate binge because I only ate about 200 calories over my daily limit of calories & I did work out for an hour afterwards but I still am disappointed that I couldn't keep control.

Last edited by mellyymel; 02-16-2013 at 12:34 PM.
mellyymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I would try not to beat yourself up too much. I think the solution is always about baby steps in this case, and you need to recognize that yes, you went over your calories by 200, but it wasn't 2000 calories.

Now, next time you get food gifts -- because invariably someone will give you food gifts -- you need to think about how you're going to handle them.

This is an area that is hard for me too and sometimes I throw it away, give it away, or if it is truly something that I want/can't get again, I will eat it and accept that I have eaten to much.

But having a strategy ahead of time will help you.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #3  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

You managed to stay around your calorie limit, so u probably didn't even gain that pound, probably just your body holding water after eating poorly. Always remember it takes around 3500 cals to make a pound. I ate about 3 Hershey's kisses, 2 snack packs of m&ms and like 4 hazelnut chocolates. I couldn't resist either but manger to control myself some what considering the amount of candy my daughter brought home from school. Don't feel so bad, just try to avoid the temptation next time. We r all are going to make mistakes the important thing is not letting them stop you from continuing.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #4  
Keeping Steady

S/C/G: 231/169/169 lb (104/77/77 kg)

Height: 6' 0" (1.82 m)

I would like to point out that in a sense, you did keep control. Yes, you ate a whole bunch of candy, but you didn't deny it, and you integrated those 200 calories into your daily count. That's the key. Life happens. And you deal with it. And you did.
ControlW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #5  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Hi Mellymel, Don't get so upset about 200 cals extra.... after all it was a special day and a bit of a let up in being very restricted isn't a bad thing anyway.
When talking about binges mine usually go up nearly 400 sometimes and as long as I get back to my proper count a.s.a.p. there's usually no damage done.

Keep up the good work...
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #6  

You may be disappointed in yourself but today is a new day and that's in your past!!!

You did so great getting rid of the rest of the chocolates, logging in here to talk about it and move on from it, plus the awesome NSV of your sweet boyfriend's comments!!!

Slip-ups like that happen to all of us in one way or another, we have all been there/done that. Using the support of this forum and learning how to deal with these temptations in the future is half the battle so I say, YAY YOU!!!

You are so much more than that chocolate or those few extra calories. No need to be so hard on yourself, you moved on from it.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote