:carrot: :grouphug:

New Pages!

Tejas
02-16-2013, 07:24 PM
yoo hoo!

:wave:

ontarget
02-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi there. We've been away all day at a local tournament. Now we're in for the evening. We're going back in the morning.

nancy237
02-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Had a nice day with my grandson. He spent the night and we
woke up to a beautiful snow, then he fixed pancakes, eggs & bacon.
We went out to our lake to enjoy the snow and let the dog run some & then came back & watched a movie..

Just being lazy tonight..

I will try to post a picture of the snow out my kitchen window this morning.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/tarheel237/9873f22e-0144-46b0-ab99-f941a3c2f916.jpg

Tejas
02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Whoa! Look at that snow!

sloanie
02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Nancy, what a beautiful view! Glad you are getting to spend time with your grandson :)

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages ;)

Sandra, enjoy your tournament :cp:

Went to dinner at Carrabbas with DH tonight. Planned before we went and stayed within my points! :T

Have a great night, chickies!

Tejas
02-17-2013, 10:25 AM
I am contemplating going vegetarian. Whew, glad that's over. :) I would miss bar-b-que.

Did you know that vegetarians live longer? There are old studies about Seventh Day Adventists living much longer than the rest of us...no meat, no alcohol..and the results have been replicated again and again.

I was vegetarian for a few years in my younger life, but not while living in Texas. I just hate factory farming/fishing.

nancy237
02-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I am contemplating going vegetarian. Whew, glad that's over. :)

haha...that is about how long my new plans last ...

Tejas
02-17-2013, 04:18 PM
nancy, I knew you would understand.

I really was going to make an eggplant casserole for dinner. But, I had invited my niece and her husband and today she told me she wants to eat paleo for a while. So, OK, it's broiled salmon, kale with bacon, and salad. At least I can get wild caught frozen salmon

ontarget
02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Nancy, what a beautiful photo! Makes me want some snow. Glad your grandson was there to enjoy it with you.

Sloan, :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rhonda, I understand, too. :lol:

There were over 80 folks competing at the tournament. That was a great turn out. Indoor State is next weekend.

Tejas
02-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Sandra, glad you had a good tournament.

Our dinner was delicious. I don't think I've ever eaten kale before and I really liked it.

ontarget
02-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Our Thanksgiving company brought a kale dish. It was tasty, too.

I'm tired this morning, but I'm a happy chickie. I am in a size smaller jeans. Good way to start a week.

beach bum
02-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I'm back sorry for being MIA again,it just that I doing so much that I don't have time to post. My friend Rita warned me not to burn out.

ONE MORE POUND TO GO TO REACH MY FIRST GOAL

Survived the second snow storm,go the powder stuff and it blew all over the place with all the gust of winds we have up here.

NANCY-Beautiful photo of the snow in the back yard, if you don't have to go out in it. We were lucky this time around it was fluffy and the gust of wind we had blew some away.

SANDRA-Hope you enjoyed the tournament, is that the archery you are talking about.

RHONDA-Than ks for the new pages,Ugh !! I was going for the veggie type of diet also,but I just can give up protein that why I on the low carb diet instead.

Have to get my stuff ready for I have to go and get my taxes done with H R Block this morning,so have a great day.

nancy237
02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Rhonda..I love salmon, the dinner sounds great..

Sandra..smaller jean size is a perfect way to start a week !!! Way to go !!!

Mary ann.. good luck with the taxes..that will feel good to have them done.
I am waiting til March this year..

Didn't end up seeing Safe Haven last week, so we are going today..

I gained a few pounds last week, so I need to decide what to do this week.
I may do 2 shakes & a low carb healthy dinner.

ontarget
02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Maryann, we're having high winds now, too, but they are warm. It's 70ish right now. Yes, it was an archery tournament.

Nancy, I wish I weighed what you weigh. (sigh)

nancy237
02-19-2013, 12:19 AM
My son's dog just had a seizure. For a few minutes I thought she was dying..
It was scary , but after a few minutes she acted like nothing was wrong.
My brother is a vet and said that it can be an isolated event or it can
continue to happen...
She is getting to sleep in my bed tonight..

nancy237
02-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Sandra..my weight tracker is lying right now...

ontarget
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Nancy, that's scary about the dog. I hope that was an isolated event.

I'm making chicken/dressing for lunch.

Tejas
02-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Yes, very worrying about the dog!

My legs are so sore from yesterday's workout!! ouch ouch ouch

nancy237
02-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Riley (the dog) is fine today. I took her by my vet today and he feels like it is fine to just watch for another, if that happens we will track them and start looking at the cause and meds for it...
The vet is an old friend and I told him that if I messed up keeping the
granddog I might not be allowed to keep the grandkids one day...:D

I went to a gardening club meeting today that our arboretum hosts.
A lady gave a fascinating presentation about her food plants, and how she
uses & puts away the harvest. She uses the dehydrator and prefers it for
many fruits & veggies..She said dehydrated figs are amazing..

I have always loved growing things, and some day would like space & time to
do much more of it..

ontarget
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Nancy, the meeting sounds interesting. I'm glad you got to go.

It's raining! We need this so much. On another topic, I scratched my right eye Monday and it's still sore. I accidentally got some facial scrub in it. Not good timing but I guess there isn't any good timing for this, is there?

Tejas
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Dehydrated figs ARE amazing...drying fruits concentrates the sugar though.

Sandra, I do hope your eye gets better soon.

beach bum
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new, I went out with my Wed friends for brunch,and just finished straighten out my upstairs closet. OH!! all the junk you can collect in 3 years. I found some nice stuff that I going to donate to our church's fair this summer.

This afternoon I'm going to be lazy and read the end of my book and than go to an new book my friend gave me to read. My sister is coming home from Fla today. She started off yesterday and stopped in the Carolina's and now on to NY. Her husband stays until April but he's not doing to well so he decided to come home with her instead.

One of my neighbors today went away to Fla for a month as said good bye to me yesterday. I am a little afraid of my whole building being empty except for me for that amount of time. But low and behold TG my other neighbor that's a summer resident come in last night for the week now that schools has there winter break.So I don't feel alone anymore. I feel comfortable again.

NANCY-I was very surprised that I didn't have to pay this year in fact I'm getting a refund :yikes: hope that HR Block didn't make a mistake.

SANDRA-The winds finally subsided, and the suns out,but its not warm enough to go walking along the beach,can't wait for SPRING.

RHONDA-Don't over due your work out as you don't want to undo you bad leg.

Have to go,have a great day

ontarget
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Thank you, Rhonda. My eye is a little better. I won't be able to use it as an excuse if I don't shoot well this weekend. :lol:

Maryann, I'm glad you're not alone. That's good you have a neighbor nearby.

nancy237
02-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Sandra..glad your eye feels better..that can be really painful..

Maryann..I don't like that isolated feeling either, glad the other neighbor arrived when they did . It sounds like you have a good community there..That is what I want when I move..I could be dead for a month and my neighbors wouldn't know..

I went to eat with a friend tonight.

Feeling very fat & yucky tonight...I know I need to go strict low carb again because I am gaining ...

Tejas
02-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Excuse me Nancy!! WE would know :lol:

ontarget
02-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Nancy, yes, we would. And I'm feeling fat now, too. I had cheese crackers for bfast. I feel bloated.

I'm at high school right now. Students are watching a video.

Vickie
02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Good Afternoon Chicks! I've been busy and had a small tumble off the wagon. Back on now though. Hope all are well.

We saw Zero Dark Thirty yesterday. I brought a bar and a bottle of water with me. Jim ate popcorn. Harumph!

ontarget
02-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Kudos, Vickie! I am impressed.

Tejas
02-22-2013, 12:33 AM
I did snatches, clean and jerks at the gym with a 45 pound sand bag! :dance:

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/tips/olympic-weightlifting-master-snatch-and-clean-and-jerk-our-step-step-guide

nancy237
02-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Excuse me Nancy!! WE would know :lol:

Nancy, yes, we would. .

Thanks guys...I didn't mean that to sound so negative..
I have so many amazing friends & family that keep close tabs !!!
But where I live the houses are far apart & more isolated, so I don't see
neighbors often..

Tejas
02-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Nancy :hug:

Tejas
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
I've started the day right---oatmeal made with FF milk, walnuts, apple, and various seeds. Let's see if I can stay right!

beach bum
02-22-2013, 01:48 PM

Nothing new,went with my friend to the Crab Apple for lunch and tomorrow before the snow comes, I will be out with my friend Alice for brunch.

Was on the phone for over a hour to make a application to a new health care company as Leo's ex employer has changed our Health care provider to a new one. WoW!!!! All the questions they ask and after of them didn't make sense. They are going to send me a kit and all what I told them and the new plan in writing. The new provider will start April 1st.

SANDRA-Thanks,Even though I go out all day along on different days with my friends or church functions I don't like to be in a empty building in the evening. I'm a people person and it seem to lonely,without them.

NANCY=I really don't know too many people in the other buildings some are way in Fla for the winter and others are new in the complex. I happy that I have outside activities to go to.Leo and I decided when we mo ve up here that we would live in a attached townhouse. Less work on the grounds & togetherness etc. but it has its disadvantages too.Don't want to bust your bubble,but about 2 years ago a owner of one of the units fell on the grounds and no one notice that she fell even though she screamed for help. So its not that safe living in a complex.

Have to go,have a great day

ontarget
02-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Nancy, we knew what you meant. We just wanted to tell you that we care about you.

Rhonda, sounds like you got off to a good start today. I hope the rest of your day went well. We had lunch at Cotton Patch.

Vickie, Sloan, and Maryann, :wave:

We are leaving tomorrow and will be home Sunday evening. I'm not going to be online while we're gone, so I'll see ya'll Sunday night. Have a good weekend.

Tejas
02-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Have fun, Sandra.

The rest of the day went OK. I had fried catfish, but only half a piece with lemon and also had some good veggies.

Tonight I'm just having Uncle Sam cereal.

Maryann, I can't say a thing about health care insurance here in the US--it is ridiculously complicated.

nancy237
02-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Yesterday I met my son near the mountains to have dinner and return his dog,
then I came to see my friend that lives a few hours from me. Ended up spending last night & tonight and will go home in the morning.

I have so much fun visiting her. Today we shopped and found amazing sales.
I got about 10 tops that I love, for cheap !! Trying on clothes made me realize
how I have gained...

Starting tomorrow I am going to try to have a shake for breakfast, salad for lunch and low carb meal for dinner..

pam920
02-23-2013, 10:24 AM
morning chicks. I haven't posted in ages. Seems like everyone is busy with one thing or another.

My DH is back in KY. My sis was here for a week. She ran 1/2 marathon in Daytona Beach. It was 37 degrees. Coldest day this year here in FL. I was freezing. My poor doggie. I had the lady I bought her from keep her while we were gone to Daytona. She came back totally stressed. I am beginning to think this lady is a glorified puppy mill. She never took my baby to vet before I got her. I took her back to vet and had them do blood work and her liver counts are really high. I take her Monday for xray and bile acid test. I think she may be a sick little girl. She seems to be much better now, but I was really worried for a few days. She wouldn't eat and vet said to give her chicken and rice and she loves it, but now it's time to get back to her regular food. She is not happy about that. I mixed the chicken and rice in with her kibbles and she got most of it out and left the kibbles all over the floor, lol. Little stinker.

I made an omelet today and am going to try to eat more healthy. I went shopping yesterday and stocked up on fresh veggies and fish.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Maryann, you are getting socked with snow again. Stay safe.

Vickie
02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Had another tumble off the wagon. Not sure what's wrong with me but it needs to be over. It's hasn't been full scale every meal all day long but it has been not the way I should be eating. Today should be better.

sloanie
02-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Vickie: :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3: We don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

beach bum
02-23-2013, 04:01 PM

Another day of nothing new, was going out to Walmart after my main meal but I got tired and don't want to go out until I go to the 4 o'clock Mass.We are expecting a mixture of snow and rain and I'm afraid overnight the snow will turn to ice and I DON"T drive on icy roads. So I'm going to Mass to night instead.

Tomorrow around 3 PM the ice should melt for Mary and I to go out to the movies to see Identity Thief its seems to be a movie with lots of LAUGHS.

Well I Hit my first goal of 150 this morning and now I will change my weight loss info to read 140 for my final goal.

RHONDA-I so glad I have insure cover with Leo company otherwise the individual insure coverage is very very expensive for what they give you.

PAM-I'm not sure,as they say the snow is going to slushy with the rain mixture,but during the night it was freeze and I won't drive on icy roads.

Have to go have a great afternoon and evening

nancy237
02-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Maryann..great job on the weightloss !! Remind me of how you are
eating ?? Maybe I need to do what you are doing..

I got home today about 1pm..have been doing some house work and took a nap because I didn't sleep much last night. I had taken a sudefed during the day and those things keep me wide awake all night usually.

Headed out to return some redbox movies that we watched last night at my friends. We watched Paperboy with Matthew McConoughney...but he was
McConNaughty in this movie..Can't recommend it as it was pretty dark &
intense..

Vickie..If its just a meal here or there mess up I would say you aren't totally
off the wagon, just hanging off the side a bit :D...Better weather will help us
get focused !!!

Tejas
02-23-2013, 11:38 PM
My niece and I have decided to try the green coffee beans...I'll let you know what I think.

I went to the gym today and did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 4 different weight lifting exercises. I am beginning to feel like I can get back into my old routine before the foot surgery, and that is something I really need to do. I can't believe it is still a problem after almost 8 months. :(

Vickie
02-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi Chicks! I might have the flu.......

ontarget
02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Hello, everyone. We're back home. Sounds like you've all been busy.

Glad to see so many of you posting here. Congratulations to all who are needing congratulations. ;) ;) ;) to all of us who need ;) ;) ;). And, Vickie, I hope you don't have the flu; but if you do, please get well quickly.

We had a great trip this weekend, did well, and saw a lot of friends. We brought home trophies and a new state record. Tomorrow I'm rebooting WW and will start training for Indoor Nationals.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Tejas
02-24-2013, 11:59 PM
We went to Red Lobster for the Lobster Fest..'nuf said :lol:

Vicki--hope you don't have the 'flu. Whatever it is, feel better soon.

nancy237
02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Watching the oscars..

Sandra :carrot::carrot: good job ...

Vickie .. Can you get some Tamiflu ??? Feel better !!

beach bum
02-25-2013, 03:09 PM

Woke up to some snow again,but by the time I got home from shopping the snow was melted.

Nothing new,my Mondays I don't do to much as I always thought like the song rainy days and Mondays get me n down. I'm NOT down I'm just lazy on Mondays after the weekend.

NANCY-My diet is low carbing with Monday- Wed -Friday only using Atkins shakes [160 calorie per shake with 2 carbs] that I drink 3 x's a day. I doing this first for fasting & than to bring my A1C down. Doctor did not recommend this but going along with this anyway. The protein that has 15 mg keeps me from being hungry.

Have a great day

Tejas
02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
That sounds like a good approach maryann, and obviously it is working for you. What made you choose the Atkins shakes over others?

So far today I've had 1040 calories, and 96 grams of carbs. We have had our big meal of the day, and I think I'll just have a protein shake later in the evening.

I went to the gym today and did a lot of core and balance exercises. You'd be amazed at how much our balance goes, and how quickly. Just stand around on one leg for a few minutes every day, and it will help.

Tejas
02-25-2013, 11:58 PM
I added a few more calories and carbs by having 4 oz wine, 1 oz of cheese, and a small apple. But, overall not bad for the day.

nancy237
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
It is a very cold and rainy day here. I have lots of Speech reading to do , so I may pretend to be sick today and stay in bed ;)

My outdoor tasks are all waiting on better weather..

I have decided to do a protein shake for breakfast and then a salad & low carb meal every day.
Silly me was OCDing on which meal to do the salad and which for the low carb entree.

It just occured to me that I can fix a salad at night and have some for dinner & lunch the next day too, and keep a few core/low carb things on hand to go with it.. That makes both meals more interesting with some salad & something else.

Last night I picked up a spinach salad at Panera Bread and had enough
left over for lunch today..

I finally found a handbag I love that is large enough for me without looking like its huge. The brand is Sak. Its light creme colored leather that I hope doesn't stain easily. Perhaps I should treat it with something??

Tejas
02-26-2013, 02:26 PM
It's a little chilly here today too. But, not anything like what others are getting....Vickie is getting sleet I hear. I'm going to have a lazy day also--went to tap practice earlier and that will be it mostly. I'm going to do a set of abdominal exercises later in the day.

So far today, I've had Uncie Sam cereal with banana and almond milk; almonds, walnuts, and a pear; and, a protein shake with almond milk, egg whites, and berries.

I have salad fixins' in the fridge for later. I'm off to the store soon because DH is making chili for us to take to his daughter's house tomorrow. That is going to be delicious.

I'm on the third day of the green coffee beans and I think I notice a slight decrease in my appetite. Otherwise, there is no noticeable effect one way or the other.

I hope you all have a good day, staying warm and doing what you want to do!

sloanie
02-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Getting colder here in Middle Tennessee, too! We are supposed to have snow on Friday. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I am still counting points and had hit a little plateau, but I think I am on my way down again. So far, I have been surprised at how I have been able to stay on track. Hope it continues.

Have a great night and stay warm, y'all!

Tejas
02-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Good luck, Sloan. I've had a few good days! :lol: I hope the snow is not too much.

My calorie count and carb count for today is a lot like yesterday's. I ate much the same foods.

I didn't do any exercises but decided I'd go to the gym tomorrow. My body is so sore from yesterday's workout and today's tap class. :(

nancy237
02-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Good job chickies !!

I thought I was being good but my scales are not reflecting that...
Pulled out my South Beach books because I feel like I am following that ,
but I will review it to see if I am having things not allowed..

Vickie
02-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm headed out to errands and a Dr. appointment today even though I still don't feel great. Turns out it wasn't the flu, but side effect to a new medicine I'd started taking. I stopped the medicine on Monday, but it's has torn up my stomach and aggravated my hiatal hernia. I should be better in a couple of days. I'm just eating bland small meals; something I should be doing anyway. Not sure I want to take a replacement medicine, but I may have too.

I have so much to catch up with each of you. I'll try to as soon as I can.

Tejas
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
I had 2 scrambled, fresh free-range eggs at 7:30 this morning, with one slice of Ezekial toast and a bit of Benecol spread. Three hours later I had 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 6 blackberries and 1/2 oz each of almonds and walnuts.

I'll have a protein shake with berries or banana for lunch, and chili for dinner. I hope that my DIL has not prepared a desert because I will be sorely tempted! :lol:

Good luck with the meds, Vickie.

Nancy, review is always good! How do you live without fruit, or do you eat it?

Now, off to the gym. I'm going to do those ab exercises and swim.

ontarget
02-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Vickie, I'm glad you didn't have the flu, but am sorry about your reaction to your new meds. I need to be eating bland foods, too, but won't be doing anything differently till after this coming weekend.

Sounds like ya'll are making healthy choices. I'm in a whirlwind right now readying for Indoor Nationals. I'll join you come Monday.

nancy237
02-27-2013, 08:19 PM
It's been such a beautiful day here finally !!!
I cleaned my garage and pool & blew leaves..

I ate flounder stuffed with crabmeat , green beans & an apple for dinner.

Rhonda, I think the phase 2 of South Beach allows most fruit. I have been
doing my own version of low carb, but thought I would see how close it was to
South Beach...I have been doing berries, apples and tangerines
when I am not doing strict low carb.

I think I may just focus this spring on fresh & healthy eating as well as
my exercise. I may cancel the gym membership that I never use and try to
get outdoors for walks & kayaking this spring,summer & fall.

ps. Just took off my weight tracker to see if not focusing on my weight helps..

Tejas
02-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Sandra, good luck with your shooting--you'll get back on track when this is over.

Nancy, it sounds like you had a productive day, and good eating.

I stuck to my plan. I haven't been swimming in months and I don't know why I don't go more often. I really enjoy it. It's not quite as good as a massage but it's close....smoothes out a lot of kinks.

There was no desert tonight, thank goodness. I had a glass of wine and ate some fritos, so I had a few more carbs and calories than I needed. But, overall, I did well today.

ontarget
02-28-2013, 12:27 AM
Rhonda, that sounds good. Wish I had some Fritos.

Nancy, stuffed flounder sounds delicious.

We had pita sandwiches for dinner. They were all right. We had fresh avocado in them along with fried chicken tenders.

Tejas
02-28-2013, 09:29 PM
We need new pages tomorrow.

I was less careful with my diet today, but that's all right. I'll be back more strictly tomorrow. I've been totally good since Sunday :)

ontarget
02-28-2013, 11:14 PM
(I have been totally bad.) Just let me get by this tournament this weekend, then I'll do better. Rhonda, you're doing well. I'm proud of you (as always).