Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun Feb 16-17, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #2  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy weekend everyone! Monday is a holiday here so I'm looking forward to a long weekend.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! All week I've been battling a cold, so I've been going to sleep early. And now today when I can sleep in I'm up early too!

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #4  

NINJANURSE your response from yesterday's daily chat - you know how I feel about some of the replies to people who have struggled enough or are too new that have fallen off plan or cheated. Some of the replies from people who have never cheated or struggled enough to cheat do come across as condescending and smug. It's a turn off. Maybe the person(s) writing did not mean to come across that way, but we all know tone is not reflected on the internet. We are all the same in that we got the way we are (were) and now here for the same basic reason. To lose weight and get healthy. To get support from people who know what it's like and not lectures. (Just saw the Price of Cheating thread bumped again.) How many people come on here stay OP and just leave or don't post?? (I know of one person, they didn't leave because they cheated.) I know if I were TRULY struggling with what to do on my trip (instead of trying to figure it out rationally in my head) and all I got was the we are 100% and the price of cheating thrown in my face, I'd be afraid to post or leave too.

Well Said!!!! Ninja we just took another step toward sista hood!!! Love, love love, the response!
Im Irish, I take klonepan when I fly too, even for my flights to Ct./Mass.

Excited for my WI on Sunday to see how much closer I have moved to that 1!!! Nervous too since I will be eating out for lunch, dinner and breakfast tomorrow. Going to meet several ipeeps in person so there should be a TON of support. Think we will really motivate each other as well. Not worried that there will be non IP food! hahaha
Have a wonderful weekend all!!!!

Last edited by maezy1; 02-16-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Mazey1 you are going to be at ONEderland soon!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a lovely day planned with my husband, what is more romantic then a Die Hard movie and Brazilian steakhouse I said we booked it like we were senior citizens as we bought movie tickets for 12:30 in the afternoon and have reservations for dinner at 4:00. But I hate the crowds and that way we get the fun day but so much less hassle. Hope everyone is going to have a fun long weekend.

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 02-16-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I have a lovely day planned with my husband, what is more romantic then a Die Hard movie and Brazilian steakhouse I said we booked it like we were senior citizens as we bought movie tickets for 12:30 in the afternoon and have reservations for dinner at 4:00. But I hate the crowds and that way we get the fun day but so much less hassle. Hope everyone is going to have a fun long weekend.
You left time for the true romance later!

Congrats again on Onderland. You deserve that and so much more!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-16-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You left time for the true romance later!

Congrats again on Onderland. You deserve that and so much more!
Lisa we all deserve to be healthy happy and as you said pain free and able to live our life as we want We are all going to do this together.
Ugg..I am sappy today, must be the romance in the air. I am usually much more sarcastic and funny in real life but I can not seem to translate that to the written word (not like IP43 can that's for sure, she has me lol alot)
Old 02-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #8  

I wasn't around for a lot of the conversation yesterday. I saw it on my phone but it isn't the best format to formulate a well-thought-out response.

My reasons for 100% are completely selfish and have to do with my health and well being. Mostly because I am sick and tired of literally being sick, tired and in pain. There is little room for deviation when the alternative is so dire. If you haven't experienced morbid obesity, skip this post. It probably doesn't pertain to you.

I started IP completely demoralized. I lurked on the 100% thread for my first month on IP, not feeling like I could truly join in until I proved to myself that I could actually stick to this plan for at least 30 days.

Here is my story:

Ten years ago, I was very successful on Atkins. In 1.5 years I lost 100 lbs, going from 275 to 175. After the success, I started dating again, after a messy divorce and a 5 year hiatus from romantic relationships (talk about hurt!)

Granted, it is hard to be on a severely carb-restricted diet and date, which means lots of restaurants and drinks (at least it did for me), so after a while of maintaining while trying to remain on the plan, I made the decision to "maintain for a while" before losing the last 25-30 lbs.

Ten years later, here I am on IP, with a starting weight of 260.
As much success as had on Atkins, I've NEVER felt as successful as I have on IP. Atkins is pretty forgiving of small transgressions and it is MUCH higher fat (actually, if you read about the higher fat content of it and plans such as Paleo/Primal, you'll find the right fats are actually very healthy!)

It took me 8 months to "wrap my head around" IP before I started, mostly because of the high content of processed food and because of my belief (with research to back it up) that soy is not good for us. I chose to start the plan, knowing the use of the highly processed foods would be temporary...a means to an end.

Well, after 5 months OP, my thyroid became sluggish (one of the side effects in the human body from soy and gluten) so I quit soy. But not IP! I had to make adjustments and find some appropriate alternatives, which sometimes include some real food choices, rather than packets, but I make sure the choices are equivalents (in protein, carb, fat)

After SO.MUCH.SUCCESS in the past with Atkins, I never got to goal, nor did I learn to maintain. I was determined that if I were to embark on the IP plan, I would NOT repeat the past (definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results). I was determined that I'd do what I was told TO GOAL, despite the obstacles, and then follow a maintenance plan.

This was (and still is) so incredibly important to me due to the morbid obesity with which I was living. At 49 years old I was having problems moving. I had difficulty with normal daily tasks and anything even slightly more strenuous caused me back pain for days (it still does...for one day...but I'm working on reversing that, too.)

This is more than cosmetic for me. It is about more than resulting wrinkles and loose skin (no I don't want them but if I get them, it's better than the alternative - living in pain). It is about getting my quality of life back.

That's why I'm 100% and need to spend my time with others who are too! That's why I can't deal with cheats and excuses. Because I can't cheat. I can't allow that notion in my head. I need my health and wellness and vitality WAYYY more than I need a bite of something special, a taste of a fantastic libation, or whatever it is....whether it is a once per year occurrence or a weekly happy hour with co-workers.

Do I know specific plans need to be made for trips away from home? Absolutely! I have done it. But I also know sticking as close as possible to the plan was essential for me. Because my health and well-being is the whole reason I'm on IP. I'm a little over half-way to goal. But goal weight is just the beginning of learning to maintain a healthy lifestyle with less pain and more ease of movement. There are so many things I want to DO but the extreme obesity was holding me back due to chronic pain. No bite is worth giving up the opportunity to be pain-free for me.

I gotta stick with the people who are with me because they will help me succeed. Cheats for me are like termites in a house. You never have just one. And an infestation is what got me back to 260 and in incredible pain.

No one else is living my life. But I know there are others with similar issues. For me it is dire. No option. Freedom or misery. One bite could lead me back to misery. THAT is why I have to be so adamant.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #9  

Monica sounds like a wonderful day! My hubby and I are the same way - early movies! Enjoy!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Excited for my WI on Sunday to see how much closer I have moved to that 1!!! Nervous too since I will be eating out for lunch, dinner and breakfast tomorrow. Going to meet several ipeeps in person so there should be a TON of support. Think we will really motivate each other as well. Not worried that there will be non IP food! hahaha
Have a wonderful weekend all!!!!
Good luck at WI tomorrow. So close to Onederland!!!

Quote:
Sounds like a fun day!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #11  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
I gotta stick with the people who are with me because they will help me succeed. Cheats for me are like termites in a house. You never have just one. And an infestation is what got me back to 260 and in incredible pain.

No one else is living my life. But I know there are others with similar issues. For me it is dire. No option. Freedom or misery. One bite could lead me back to misery. THAT is why I have to be so adamant.

Lisa -- I thank you so much for sharing what you did in today's post. I can almost completely relate. I need to be 100%, too, for the reasons you stated. I read most of yesterday's discussion through the hand over my eyes, because, like you, I really cannot allow the notion to cheat to fester in my head. Another reason I need to be 100% is that I am an extreme "all or nothing" person. If I am going to be successful on this program and in a new lifestyle free of pain, I need to work with my personality as I know it to be. All or nothing. All on program for me.

That said, I am on Day 4 and remain very, very humble in this process. Unlike most others, I have never successfully lost much weight. (First, I discovered hypothyroidism, then years later, Cushings Disease.) I will deal with maintenance when I get there, but for right now, I just need to focus on staying on this wagon fully . . . no toes dragging in the dirt, no hands hanging off the side. On and in the wagon completely, facing forward. For my personality, it will be the only way.

Day 4 for me, feeling a tad bit better, dare I say. The blinding headache is gone. Now I'm having "heat blasts." It's as if my inner furnace turns on for a few minutes, burns hotly, and then I return to normal. Interesting experience. I just try to think of all the cals burning!

Happy weekend to you all . . . one more thing . . . my husband is re-tiling the mudroom this weekend. Please tell me I am not a deadbeat for not helping. I moved the laundry bins out of there, and I was spent.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 378.8/360.4/200

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Today was my official week 1 weigh in and I almost cannot believe my eyes! My starting weight one week ago was 378.8 lbs. I have attempted so many diets in the past that were quickly short lived as my will power gave in when I saw no results on the scale. Today's weigh in is hopefully the beginning of a journey to a healthier, happier me! This morning's weigh in was...(drum role please)...360.4 lbs!!! That's 18.4 lbs folks!!! Off to do my happy dance, have a wonderful morning!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Mazey1: I swear sista if I wake up one day with a Southern accent, I will know something is up!!!

Monicakalsnik
: Sounds like a great day!!! I worked in the movie biz for years and NEVER go anywhere near the movies on a w/e.

lisa32989
: I do think a lot of people here are or were mobidly obese. I am sure most of us have lost and gained wgt over and over again. I know I've had my heart broken and I know that until I started IP, I was tired all the time and was sweating profusely at work just doing normal tasks. I completely understand what you have to do to stay in your groove. But, like I've said on the other board I have been on for years, if you don't like what someone has to say (and in some cases it was the person themselves they had a problem with) just stay away from that post. People are going to cheat, that is a fact, but you don't have to let yourself get caught up in their issues if it is something you are uncomfortable with.

I have to be done with this conversation. Like I said, I have been on another message board for almost 10yrs. People have come and gone, people have had drag out cyberfights and have not been nice to a few people along the way. BUT for the most part, everyone is helpful and a lot of us have met IRL and are now friends. At the end of the day I take what I need from the board, am grateful for the friends I have made, and ignore the posters who I really don't understand or have anything in common with.

I am procrastinating a play date and have to work later. Gotta get moving.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #14  

Quote:
Sounds like a fun date night!!! We're heading to toon town as well for a night of monster trucks with the boys and shopping for me!! Hoteling it, kids excited to waterside!! Gonna try and get a table at The Keg tonight for a yummy steak!! Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223 LBS my goal is 140 LBS

Quote:
I wasn't around for a lot of the conversation yesterday. I saw it on my phone but it isn't the best format to formulate a well-thought-out response.

My reasons for 100% are completely selfish and have to do with my health and well being. Mostly because I am sick and tired of literally being sick, tired and in pain. There is little room for deviation when the alternative is so dire. If you haven't experienced morbid obesity, skip this post. It probably doesn't pertain to you.

I started IP completely demoralized. I lurked on the 100% thread for my first month on IP, not feeling like I could truly join in until I proved to myself that I could actually stick to this plan for at least 30 days.

Here is my story:

Ten years ago, I was very successful on Atkins. In 1.5 years I lost 100 lbs, going from 275 to 175. After the success, I started dating again, after a messy divorce and a 5 year hiatus from romantic relationships (talk about hurt!)

Granted, it is hard to be on a severely carb-restricted diet and date, which means lots of restaurants and drinks (at least it did for me), so after a while of maintaining while trying to remain on the plan, I made the decision to "maintain for a while" before losing the last 25-30 lbs.

Ten years later, here I am on IP, with a starting weight of 260.
As much success as had on Atkins, I've NEVER felt as successful as I have on IP. Atkins is pretty forgiving of small transgressions and it is MUCH higher fat (actually, if you read about the higher fat content of it and plans such as Paleo/Primal, you'll find the right fats are actually very healthy!)

It took me 8 months to "wrap my head around" IP before I started, mostly because of the high content of processed food and because of my belief (with research to back it up) that soy is not good for us. I chose to start the plan, knowing the use of the highly processed foods would be temporary...a means to an end.

Well, after 5 months OP, my thyroid became sluggish (one of the side effects in the human body from soy and gluten) so I quit soy. But not IP! I had to make adjustments and find some appropriate alternatives, which sometimes include some real food choices, rather than packets, but I make sure the choices are equivalents (in protein, carb, fat)

After SO.MUCH.SUCCESS in the past with Atkins, I never got to goal, nor did I learn to maintain. I was determined that if I were to embark on the IP plan, I would NOT repeat the past (definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results). I was determined that I'd do what I was told TO GOAL, despite the obstacles, and then follow a maintenance plan.

This was (and still is) so incredibly important to me due to the morbid obesity with which I was living. At 49 years old I was having problems moving. I had difficulty with normal daily tasks and anything even slightly more strenuous caused me back pain for days (it still does...for one day...but I'm working on reversing that, too.)

This is more than cosmetic for me. It is about more than resulting wrinkles and loose skin (no I don't want them but if I get them, it's better than the alternative - living in pain). It is about getting my quality of life back.

That's why I'm 100% and need to spend my time with others who are too! That's why I can't deal with cheats and excuses. Because I can't cheat. I can't allow that notion in my head. I need my health and wellness and vitality WAYYY more than I need a bite of something special, a taste of a fantastic libation, or whatever it is....whether it is a once per year occurrence or a weekly happy hour with co-workers.

Do I know specific plans need to be made for trips away from home? Absolutely! I have done it. But I also know sticking as close as possible to the plan was essential for me. Because my health and well-being is the whole reason I'm on IP. I'm a little over half-way to goal. But goal weight is just the beginning of learning to maintain a healthy lifestyle with less pain and more ease of movement. There are so many things I want to DO but the extreme obesity was holding me back due to chronic pain. No bite is worth giving up the opportunity to be pain-free for me.

Thank you for sharing!!
Closed Thread