Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 277/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default 127 lbs to lose.

Hey everyone,

I just joined this site yesterday to aid me in my weight loss. Having some sort of support during this makes all the difference in the world. I have 127 lbs to lose and wonder how long it may take to get there. I was thinking about 14-15 months? I've decided to join an all girls gym named Victory Lady and visit at least 6 days a week. What a comfortable setting to work out at...it's awesome to see that I'm not alone in this 1,000 mile journey I've decided to embark on.

I guess the point in this post is to introduce myself, let you guys know you're not alone, and I'm here to support you. Also...I'm just trying to get some advice on how to lose this weight quickly in a healthy manner, hear any stories of your own in doing this, etc.

Thanks for reading my post
geewhizimtheshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome, this board is ridiculously supportive and filled with people who will have great advice on how to stay on track. I think your goal seems very doable, but don't get discouraged when there are a weeks where you're losing less than 2 pounds.

I'm not sure what your nutritional and exercise plan is, but a lot of people here use the "My Fitness Pro" or "Lose it" apps and/or website to track what they are eating.

If you're looking for motivation I'd join one (or more) of the challenges. A Valentines to April Fools Day one just started today.

Good luck!
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #3  

Welcome!!!

This board is the best place you could have come across, it's so supportive and helpful. You will do great hanging around here, reading and posting, reading and posting.

Try not to concentrate too much on the time it will take you. We are all so different as far as time and pounds, there really is no way to know. Mini goals are great (and there is a board for them too!) so the 127lbs and 14-15 months aren't so much of a focus.

This time for me, weightloss has been so different than any other time. And I sincerely think it's because of this site keeping me in line and on plan. I love these people!!

Good luck and post often!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #4  

Hi all, I joined yesterday too! I have a long way to go too,, ( dr's office weigh in was 250!! yikes! i'm 5ft 1 in , so I'm in it for the long hall too...
seabreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #5  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Is that you in your Avatar?

This is a thread where we discussed some of the things we are doing for weight loss- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ight-loss.html

I'm having a lot of luck with limiting carbs and processed foods. Almost 20 pounds down since January 3rd!
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #6  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Welcome! I also agree that your goal is reasonable. Well I pretty much agree with everything charliee said lol!

Good luck!!!
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/274/190

Height: 5' 10"

I join last week so I'm new to this too I have about 100 lbs to lose and want to wish you best of luck. I think this forum is great.
KittieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! This board is great; you'll find plenty of support, motivation, and inspiration within.

I'm currently on a journey to lose 142 lbs. It hasn't been super-quick for me, but I also don't have the most typical weight loss timeline.

I was 277 lbs right before I got pregnant with my daughter in September of 2011. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes very early, and therefore was forced to completely change my eating habits. I weighed 269 on the day I gave birth, so even though I wasn't really dieting during my pregnancy, I was still losing fat as I "gained" a baby. I took a bit of a break from healthy eating right after she was born (since I could actually eat carbs again), but started using my fitness pal on September 1st. Since then, I've lost another 50 lbs. I'm hoping to be at goal (another 60 lbs) by the end of this year.

Anyway, I think that losing 127 lbs in 14-15 months is doable, but try not to get hung up on a specific timeframe. As others have mentioned, mini-goals are a huge motivator for those of us who feel like it is a never ending journey.

Working out often will be key, so kudos to you for already joining a gym (especially one that makes you feel comfortable)! I recently joined a gym myself, and my weight loss has been greatly enhanced. Since early January, I've also cut out sweets and make a very conscious effort to spend my calories (I eat 1200/day and log my food using the My Fitness Pal app) on the "right" kind of food: veggies, fruits, lean meats, whole grains, very little dairy.

Also, I usually take a free day each week so I don't totally burn out on dieting. The interesting thing is that I used to take free days that were totally ridiculous -- pretty much a "how much bad crap can I stuff myself with, since this is my only chance" sort of thing. At this point, my free days are really more of a free meal. I still work out, log my food throughout the day, and eat all of my fruits and veggies, but will maybe go out for dinner or have a glass of wine and dessert.

Yikes, I'm long-winded. Anyway, welcome! We're glad to have you!
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #9  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

Welcome to you all!

I'd say my #1 tip is to log the calories of everything you eat. There's something mentally powerful about seeing exactly what you're eating.

Just remember, the primary contributor to losing weight is to restrict calories. Exercising is great for health, but it's diet that actually makes the majority of weight come off.

Regarding time, it really is different for everyone. I've seen many people here drop 100 lbs in a year, and many who take multiple years. Just concentrate on losing 5 or 10 lbs at a time. Pretty soon, a year will be gone and you'll be surprised where the time went.

Last edited by Vex; 02-15-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I'm new also "about a week" on the site. Five weeks into my total life style makeover. I adore these people here they are AMAZING! I'm calorie counting so I use the lose it app on my phone "very easy and convenient". Welcome to the tribe
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #11  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinforme View Post
I'm new also "about a week" on the site. Five weeks into my total life style makeover. I adore these people here they are AMAZING! I'm calorie counting so I use the lose it app on my phone "very easy and convenient". Welcome to the tribe
Oooh...What else does your total life style makeover entail?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I've cut out soda completely "hardest part " no junk food excluding the occasional chocolate. I walk briskly for ten minutes at least six to twelve times a day "depending on free time" I got off my butt and started playing with my son alot more. I was very non active before. I have a cheat day on calories when I need one but maintain healthier eating and only once a week. My intake is around 1300 never more than the 1600 I was allowed by lose it. I've forgiven myself, started to value myself and tell myself that its okay to do something for me and I'm learning to love myself even if I screw up. Tomorrow is a new day no more beating myself up. It's a long slow road but I will succeed failure isn't an option.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote