Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #1  

Default Anyone Following The Glycemic Load Diet?

I've probably tried every diet under the sun. It finally dawned on me that I just can't count calories anymore - it's insane and never kept me thin for long, because I couldn't make it a lifestyle.

I feel best on a lower carb/lower glycemic way of eating. I bought two books by Dr. Rob Thompson on glycemic load. I lost 3.5 lbs. this week just eating foods that have a low glycemic load, eating to satisfaction (not stuffing myself), without counting anything.

I feel great and it's a real freedom not adding up numbers all day. I'm in menopause and have tried every diet under the sun these last few years. I feel I've finally found something I can stick with.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!
coffeebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Hi coffee, Sounds great! Like you, I am a woman of a "certain age". I have been on some kind of diet since puberty. Right now I'm still weighing, measuring, and counting. I guess I'm afraid I'll lose control....but at some point I would like to let go of all that. In another post, you mentioned CAD. That was the only diet I ever lost weight on without counting. I might do that one again , but low glycemic sounds like a better approach....we'll see.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #3  

Hi Coffee, I know this thread is old, but am wondering how you are doing on your the Low GL diet, and if you reached your goals. I am just starting the diet next week....slowly. So yeah, I was just curious.

Meli
melithecat is offline   Reply With Quote