Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Default What the heck ?

This has been going on for about 10 days now...
I'm eating between 1300 and 1400 calories...around 30 to 40 net carbs,very clean, 64 oz of liquids, I do 15 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of lifting 6 times per week.
I'm not as regular as I was eating alot of grains, but I'm looking better, feeling better, and fitting into smaller clothes...there's only one thing, I have gained weight. Every day I get on the scale and it ranges from 182 to 183...Fluid retention ? Constipation ? Are my fat cells in a state of rebellion ? What gives ?
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

How long have you been lifting? When you start to lift, your muscles hold on to water. When I began exercising, my weight loss came to a dead stop on the scale for close to a month.

Measure your inches, watch your clothes etc, it will come down.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #3  

Hi Radiojane, Nice to hear from you ! I started exercising on Jan 27. It will be 3 weeks on Sunday...moderate weight...upper body one day and lower the next. You seem to have experienced what I am now going through. Very interesting !
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

marigrace -

I'm in the same place. I started my low carb plan on 1/6, lost 15 lbs in the first 4 weeks and then crashed to a screeching halt with no movement in almost 2 weeks. Finally down .8 since Wednesday. I did the same plan 18 months ago and never experienced a stall like this at all, even including when I started incorporating exercise. So even though I did start doing some more activity this past week, I never anticipated this stall. And I'm not even doing weight work - just Walk Away the Pounds at home, and haven't even gotten to the point of using weights for any of the upper body movement.

But like you, I'm fitting into small clothing without a scale change, so I'm trying to focus on that. Not 100% successfully though, it's still so frustrating to see nothing on the scale.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #5  

Yep...That scale thing certainly is frustrating....but we can't let it derail our progress....guess I'm not alone. Thanks !
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #6  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I had that stall (up and down the same lb for almost 2 weeks). But it will not last... It won't. That scale will move DOWN. I had lost a total of 2 inches during that time and finally the scale caught up. Frustration burns calories too I am thinking! Keep it up and you will be rewarded in more ways than a number on a scale.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #7  

Thanks wana !
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #8  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

S/C/G: 290/248/130-ish

Height: 5'5"

I've bounced the same 4 lbs around for the last 2 months. This is after losing a solid 2-3 lbs a week consistantly for about 5 months. I'm aggravated beyond belief. I've started counting carbs along with my calories. Im usually between 1200-1500 on calories a day and according to Lose It, I am allowed 1700. I am clueless to the carb counting though. Today I had about 130g of carbs. IDK if that is good or bad.
ShrinkingPrettyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

I am so glad this thread exists!!

Ever since the start of February I have been bouncing between 144lbs and 150lbs. I workout at least 30 minutes a day... which I did actually start doing every day since the start of February.

I broke my diet around a week or two into February for a weekend but went straight back to the diet but my weight shot up from 144 to 150lbs that weekend... and last week it FINALLY started to come off... but then after Saturday: back up to 148 (then today 146).

I'm now about 1lb heavier than at the start of February... I've re-evaluated my diet again and again and I'm sure I'm doing everything right... no missed carbs, fat or sodium...

I'm trying a few days off exercise to see if that works... I read something about leptin levels and your body going into starvation mode... so I'm having a rest and making sure I eat enough...
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #10  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

i am having the exact same thing! I want to cry when i get on the scale and it hasnt moved or its gone up!
You are not alone, but remeber muscle weighs more than fat, you are probably gaining muscle and losing fat so i suggest measure yourself, dont just weigh in.
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #11  

I was on the verge of giving up low carb and going back to weight watchers after almost three weeks of gain/stall, BUT I'm finally down again...2 lbs less....AND finally out of the 180's.....whew , what a relief !
Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #12  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

Yep....I'm up 3 pounds today. I am sooooo confused! How does this happen when I haven't eaten over my calorie budget? I'm starting to think that maybe I am eating too little, but I don't know enough about the the whole BMR and deficit relationship to determine that and every time I try to research it, the information varies so much that I don't know what to take from it.

Anyone have any pointers? I use the Lose It website and my daily budget is 1680. I eat anywhere from 1200-1500 on most days. Maybe 3 days a month I eat almost all of my calories. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #13  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Are you adding your exercise calories on to what you're eating? I have a base rate of 1500 calories a day. So when burn 300 exercising, I eat 1800 in a day. I'm still at a deficit, but I'm fueling my body.

How do you feel in general? Are you tired, lethargic, cranky? Then you're probably not eating enough. A good rule of thumb is to play around and eat as much as you can while still losing, but this takes trial and error.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #14  
ShrinkingPrettyGirl

Yeah, idk.... I will admit that I haven't been exercising like I need to, but I am doing the same thing that I was doing a year ago when I was losing 2-3 lbs a week, except I was exercising a bit more.

I just think that there are a whole lot of factors playing into all of this and, alone, they don't amount to a hill of beans, but maybe collectively, they are hurting me.... I got a new job working second shift, so I sleep later, sit on my butt literally for 8 hours and then come home and go to bed.

I just feel at my size, that I should be losing weight from diet alone without even putting exercise into the equation. I do exercise, but not a lot. Maybe 3 times a week on the elliptical for about 20 mins. It's just disheartening. I set out to lose 100lbs this year, 8lbs a month, and I haven't even lost 8 lbs this year.

On a side note, I have decided that I need to find some affordable health insurance and see about my health. Surely there isn't anything wrong, but what if there is something like an unknown thyroid problem or something? See how I obsess and worry.... lol
Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 377/257/220

I would go to the pharmacy and buy a pack of Ketostix and check if your out of Ketosis. You may have busted on sugar somewhere which is very easy and you liver is no longer producing Ketobodies to help burn fat. That is the best way to check I have found. They are basically stick indicators you pee on and see what color they change. It takes about 3-5 days to get your body back into that fat burning mode if your got out of it. So even though you are not eating much carbs now it takes a bit for it to work, again to tell is to get the Ketostix.
bbmains is offline   Reply With Quote