Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #1  
Chris C.

S/C/G: 212/193/140

Height: 5'5

Default Any recipes for a picky eater?

I have lost about 20 pounds so far just by cutting down my food portions and whatnot but now I'm stuck because there's nothing I can eat.

I like most fruits, dairy products, eggs, breads, and nuts. I eat most meats other than fish and steak. But other than that, there are no foods I like.
The only vegetables I eat are corn, green peas, and potatoes and they don't really count.
I don't like dressings and other than ketchup and barbecue sauce, condiments are out.
I've tried other foods but I just don't like them, either the texture or the taste and I don't know what to do anymore.

I really want to lose weight but this keeps getting in my way and nobody seems to know how to help me.
So any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Ilovemorgy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #2  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I have managed to lose my weight on pretty much chicken breast. I hate fish and red meats just take to long to digest. I make my breast different everyday like fajita, blackened chicken, creole chicken, basil pesto chicken, taco seasoned chicken, chicken soup, southwestern chicken with black beans and corn. I boil it, bake it, grill it, broil it or sometimes sauté it in coconut oil. No matter how picky u are there are ideas to sustain. I used to dislike veggies but tried the frozen mixed varieties and love them now, especial the basil medley and olive oil ones. Maybe u have to just suck it up and eat veggies and things u don't like. How about beans do u like those? I make Peruvian, pinto and black or lentils. Or have u tried quinoa, I make it like I make my Mexican rice with tomato sauce, it's a great rice sub.
Oh try and stay away from starchy veggies like potatoes, carrots and corn. We made cauliflour mashed potatoes the other day, not bad. Today I am
Making a cauliflour pizza crust. Where there is a will there is a way!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #3  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

What you are eating right now doesn't sound too bad, as long as you watch your portion sizes. And 20 lbs is a great start!!

However, I think that most successful dieters include a fair amount of vegetables - they are one of the most low cal foods out there, so they are helpful to feel full on fewer calories plus have lots of good nutrition.

Have you tried roasting any veggies? It brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables and even people who don't like veggies often find them tasty. Cauliflower is pretty mild in flavor, or roasted green beans might be another one to try.

You can use a little bit of olive oil, and some salt and pepper and give it a shot!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/140 ish

Height: 5'7

Default 'potato' chips

I get that you don't like condiments - do you like 'ethnic' food - italian, mexican, etc... I have some good recipes (IMO) for that stuff.

With regard to vegetables, if you have a food dehydrator (or an oven that gets down to the 140-170 degree range), you can slice zucchini really really (1/8") thin, toss with some oil and salt, and make 'zucchini chips' that pass for potato chips next to a sandwich.

Joseph's flatbread is my go to for sandwiches, at 100 calories a sheet, half a sheet makes a good 'wrap', and their pita breads (50 calories per whole circle) make a decent hamburger bun.
SCStxRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #5  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

No tips just support, reading your post I was thinking I could have wrote the exact thing
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Height: 5'7

I find it helps to hide vegetables! I chop carrots, onions and celery very finely and add them to spaghetti bolognese, cottage pie, and all sorts of soups. you can also add grated zucchini/courgette to lots of dishes without really altering the flavour or texture.

My problem is i don't really like salad, crispy lettuce is fine but i don't like those salad greens with stalks!
Nzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:13 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemorgy94 View Post
I have lost about 20 pounds so far just by cutting down my food portions and whatnot but now I'm stuck because there's nothing I can eat.

I like most fruits, dairy products, eggs, breads, and nuts. I eat most meats other than fish and steak. But other than that, there are no foods I like.
The only vegetables I eat are corn, green peas, and potatoes and they don't really count.
I don't like dressings and other than ketchup and barbecue sauce, condiments are out.
I've tried other foods but I just don't like them, either the texture or the taste and I don't know what to do anymore.

I really want to lose weight but this keeps getting in my way and nobody seems to know how to help me.
So any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Be creative with your meals. You don't have to subsist on celery sticks and boiled chicken to lose weight. Invest in a subscription to a light cooking magazine or purchase a few new cookbooks focused on healthy fare to get inspired. Sometimes, pickiness stems from just not knowing the possibilities for meals.

Explore creative ways to fit in healthy, low-calorie foods. Instead of salad, perhaps you get a serving of vegetables in a breakfast smoothie made with frozen berries, milk, low-fat yogurt, protein powder and spinach. If you miss chicken nuggets and french fries, make baked versions at home. A perfectly acceptable weight-loss menu might include a cup of a fortified, low-sugar breakfast cereal with low-fat milk; a sandwich made with turkey breast on whole-wheat bread with a side of carrot sticks, apple or grapes for lunch; and rotisserie chicken breast with a whole-grain roll and sliced cucumbers at dinner. Keep your portion sizes in line with your calorie needs for weight loss.
Dreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #8  

Try Creamy Mushrooms Avocado Pasta
You will like!)
booo57 is offline   Reply With Quote