Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready to Try Again... # 333

2cute2Bfat
05-12-2003, 12:51 PM
WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

PheonixRising
05-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Hello Ladies, I'm sorry I didn't get to post this yesterday like I promised, but here it is at last. My hubby took me to the hotsprings last night for mother's day. (There are some in Wyoming that are free and we went there.) Anyway, I typed this long post yesterday and then my cat unplugged my computer before I could submit it. :lol: :shrug: Hope you all had a Happy Mother's Day

:chef: Carrot Cake

1 C. Applesauce
C. Granulated sugar + C. Brown sugar (Or 1 C. Brown sugar)
1 C. Water
4 C. Unbleached flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
tsp. Allspice
3 C. Grated raw carrots
C. Raisins
Optional: 1 C. Chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x 13 pan with cooking spray and lightly flour. Blend applesauce and sugar, add water and beat. Sift the flour with remaining ingredients except for carrots, raisins, and nuts. (I dont usually sift these together, but it does make a finer texture.) Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix. Add carrots, raisins and nuts and mix well. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

If you don't add nuts this has no fat in it. I generally add more carrots and you could probably cut the sugar some more too. I usually make a cream cheese icing for this, but I don't really have a recipe for that. I just us fat free cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Just keep adding sugar until you get a good texture and taste. :T My hubby loves this cake. (He didn't know carrot cake had carrots in it until I made this. :lol: )

I start school today. I have all my notes here to do individual replies, but I just don't have time right now. I will get back to you tonight ladies. Until then, stay out of trouble. :lol: I was getting ready to post this and 2Cute started a new thread. Glad I caughte it when I did.

:df:

2cute2Bfat
05-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Howdy pardners!!! Glad you mozied over to the new thread to shoot the breeze. Pull up a stump and sit a spell. Bring on the new posts. LOL

Okay.. enough hick talk. LOL
I don't know what got into me. ???? LOL

I really don't have time to post. I am jealous that tracey is going to meet Tina. :mad:
But... I am meeting 3 ladies from another group I post in. :p
I like them... but I LOVE you guys here. YOU are my family... they are just fellow posters who happen to be visiting relatives in a near by town. I am looking forward to it.... but I wish it were my friends here too.

I HAVE to lose this weight so I can plan a weekend fun filled get together for all of us. NEXT SPRING ladies... start saving your money.... I am going to plan it once I lose some more weight.

katrinabgood
05-12-2003, 01:22 PM
You just name the time and place...I'll be there!

And if it's next Spring, I intend to be at goal! Anyone else?

loranden
05-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Arrrrgh....I didn't even want to MOVE this morning! We still have wind advisories, and it is only 49 degrees and raining to boot. Evidently, Mother Nature forgot it was MAY :lol:

Well, I was supposed to have a dentist appointment tomorrow :faint: , but I got sort of a 'reprieve' when the appointment got changed to the 28th! Whew! I know it is only for cleaning and checkup, but I HATE going to the dentist for anything, and by the time my teeth hurt, it's too late (I've lost a few back teeth that way)! I am going to have an eye exam Wednesday, though; Sears Optical is having a buy one pair get one pair free sale on glasses, and my insurance covers up to $125 a year on glasses or contacts. Since I am in DIRE need of glasses, I'm getting new ones this year. My contacts should be good for another year anyway.

Tina: Your furbaby is have furbabies!:) Awww...I love baby kittens! I guess that will make you a Grand-meowmie!:lol:

Glad to see everyone (almost everyone anyway-seems there are a few MIA yet) here and doing well and hope your Mother's Day was special.

peekabooangel
05-12-2003, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I would love to be somewhere next spring!!!

Anyway wanted to post a funny I just heard on the radio.

Nascar is the topic:
The lady DJ on the country music station I listen to was just saying that she loves Nascar and during race season she even flys a Nascar Flag outside of her home along with Old Glory. Anyway the other morning she woke up and looked outside and saw all these tiny little checkered flags poked in the front lawn, she said there must have been 100 of them. So she thought it was really funny and started calling her neighbors to find out who was the culprit. Well anyway finally someone said they didnt know but knew that she must have a get this....."BOOGGIDY WEED" problem.....LOL..... I know Tina will know what that means and for everyone who does not watch Nascar, one of the comintators "Waltrip" always says as the race begins "BOOGIDY BOOGIDY BOOGIDY" Okay, the spelling might be wrong, but I never claimed to be perfect...LOL:) .

TTYL

katrinabgood
05-12-2003, 02:09 PM
This is "borrowed" from ediets...good message for today, I thought..

Don't you just love Monday's?!
I do, and I don't! They are my busiest day of the week
and also the hardest to get going. So, what's a warrior to do...dig in, work smart and get your tasks done.

Monday sets the tone for the entire week.

If you are sluggish and don't accomplish all that you want to do, then the rest of the week is spent in catch up mode.
If you charge yourself up onto high gear and get everything done that needs tending to today, the rest of the week seems to soar by in a positive way.

Make sure to get your exercise in today. I just joined a new gym and can't wait to get there for my work out.

Make sure to drink plenty of water, helping to flush out any toxins or excesses from the weekend!

Make sure to stay positive today, despite whatever is going on around you. Realize that how you approach the situation
directly affects the outcome.

Make sure you take a few minutes out to say your affirmations and reaffirm just where you are headed on this journey. Know that if you don't know where you are going, you will never get there!

Make sure to do something for someone else today. Do a favor, run an errand, give up a parking spot...just something for the benefit of someone else. It will make your heart soar!

I think that is enough for one day!

Me too!

Hey! Wanna hear something UNBELIEVABLE? My sister had the most amazing Mother's Day ever!! She came in the house from her son's track meet to hear the phone ringing...the call was to inform her that she was the Grand Prize Winner in a raffle that she had sold tickets for! (she...ahem...forgot to sell one to her sister!) The 'Sisters of Mercy' will be sending her a check for $37,000.00!!!! I'm in shock, so I can imagine how she feels! She wants to open up accounts for the two boy's college tuitions. Isn't that awesome??? So, there's some motivation to get out there, buy those lotto tickets, raffle tickets, whatever...SOMEONE has to win, right?

Have a great Monday, all!

Duckie25
05-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Morning ladys, I see you've had another busy weekend post wise, and everyone seemed to have a great Mothers Day. I don't have much time to post just had to tell you what the scale said this morning, I lost 2lbs last week.. Tina I totally understand what you Hubby said about being satisfied, I can do so good for a couple of weeks and then not try, but am able to maintain, it didn't take a day to put this weight on so as long as the #s keep on dropping and not rising, I'm okay with losing slow. Don't get me wrong I'd love to wake up tomorrow weighing 140lbs, but it's not going to happen.

Well that's all I have to say for now, check in later.

Jehari
05-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey there everyone!!
I got a hug in the parking lot from my neighbor for mothers day. LOL :lol: :lol: Now let me explain that. My husband isn't able to phone out very often, so by word of mouth he sent a "Happy Mothers Day Message" and a hug until it eventually ended up as a text message on my neighbors phone. I was in the parking lot and she came running up to me and gave me a hug. She said "That was from your husband and he says Happy Mothers Day". Strange as it sounds, I was really touched by that because it took so much effort to get that message to me.
(For those of you who don't know it, my DH is on his way to Baghdad.)

2Cute: I will probably be in Boise until August sometime. Just depends on when my surgery is scheduled and how well it goes.
I will keep you guys updated on how everything is going if you want.

Hello to everyone!! I just can't keep up with these threads!! They just fly by so fast!!

I'll talk at everyone later,
Jen
:wave:

BarbPA
05-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Hi Gals!!!
As promised, I am popping in for a quick lunchtime hello!

HELLO!! :wave:

I just had a salad and piece of grilled chix. It was yummy.

I caught up on all the posts, but don't have time right now to respond --- this "to do" list on my desk keeps growing. I need to dig into work!!!

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll see you later tonight!
Barb
:)

QueenB
05-12-2003, 05:17 PM
I just lost half a post because I accidently hit by stupid "back" button. Ok, where was I? Oh yeah....

I wore a nightgown to work today. Anyways....we thought it was really cool.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ooooh, that's right. You didn't actually hear the story, I just typed it and lost it! Ok, I don't think I told you guys yesterday, but I did the same thing I did last Sunday. I went in and worked 3-11 and then came home, grabbed a few Zzzzz's and then went back in this morning from 7-3 and I'm exhausted. :faint: Ok, back to the nightgown. :lol: Me and my friend were "doing the double" as we called it together, so we decided today would be "slob day" and we could make it an ultra casual day. So, I have a long sleeved t-shirt type gown that comes down about to my knees, (it has teddy bears on it and it says "Beary Sweet) and I wore it, a pair of extra comfy gray workout pants and walked around in my socks all day. It was great! :cb:

Amanda: Glad you had a nice day at the hotsprings....nice of your dh to take you there. Thanks for the carrot cake recipe, it sounds really good. Good luck at school! :crossed:

2cute: Your "hick talk" cracked me up! :lol: Of course, the reason I was really laughing is when you said, Pull up a stump and sit a spell. I read it as...."Pull up a stump and spit a spell." :lol: I thought you really were off your rocker. Also, don't be jealous because me and Tracy are getting to meet. I've already done some "figgering" (that's my hick talk) and I'm only about 15 hours away from you and I am ALWAYS up for a good road trip and am due for some vacation! Are you game?

Kat: I'll take that challenge. I plan to be at goal too by next spring....My goal is to be in "onderland". Anyone else care to take this challenge? P.S. Thanks for the message for today...VERY good. Also congrats to your sister for winning the $$$. That's awesome!

Lori: You crack me up! Tina: Your furbaby is have furbabies! Awww...I love baby kittens! I guess that will make you a Grand-meowmie! I have a seal point himalayan and she is my baby...her name is Emily and she is 2 1/2 years old. She has always been an inside cat, but we made the mistake of letting her go out just a little and before we knew it, BOOM! Knocked up. :lol: We're not terribly upset about it though. The dad is a chocolate persian and he is adorable so I bet the babies will be just 2cute. :D

Sandy: That was the coolest story! I would absolutely die if I got up and my yard was full of checkered flags! :yikes: Of course, my only problem would be...how could I mow around all those suckers?! :lol: I have a flag hanging outside my front door too....I'll give you one guess what it has on it. ;)

Duckie: Hey there sweetie! SOOO good to see you. I sincerely hope you had a nice Mother's Day. Also, congrats on the 2.8 lb. loss! Way to go girl! :dancer:

Jen: The story about your dh sending you a "hug" was absolutely precious. I know it just had to fill your heart with pride, and I suspect...a little sadness. So glad that he thought of you in that special way.

Barb: Boy, do I know what it's like when that "to do" list keeps growing. I feel like I'm always running...but always running behind! :eek: Thank goodness I've got four days off coming up. That will give me just enough time to get the house in order before my boys mess it up again. :p

Alright ladies, a big :grouphug: to the rest of you, but I'm gonna have to get this big tail off the computer for now....that meatloaf is not gonna cook itself! Have a lovely night and I'll try to pop in later on. Take care!

loranden
05-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Kevin Urrutia, my manager at All Star Management, emailed me earlier today about a film to be shot in Atlanta called "Sorrow is My Sister," and he wants me to be included in the film!! YAY! He emailed me the screenplay, as well as the synopsis (synopsis also available on the All-Star Management site under Future Projects (http://all-startalent.com/future.htm) ):cp:

Sandy-Nice to see you back! I would crack up laughing if I saw all those "Boogity Weeds" in my yard:lol: !

Tina--Those are going to definitely be some beautiful kittens. My Tigger is indoor/outdoor, but he is neutered. Noah goes out sometimes, but he doesn't go far, since I raised him as a housecat from the age of six months. Nice play on 2Cute's name also :D !

Still dreary here; likely now to see no sun until Wednesday; which will be great because the maintenance man is putting new blinds in my front window :cb: !

MichelleK
05-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Good evening Ladies!

This is going to be a quickie...at least I think it is! I went to work today and called the doctor and they said if I could come then they would take me so I left the office and went right there. She did a throat culture for strep and said I was full of snot everywhere, my ears, my nose and my right lung! My throat was all pussy too..I know too much information! She gave me an antibiotic and my zyrtec prescription and nasonase nose spray for my allergies. I got the antibiotic filled and took that right away but my throat and ears are still hurting. John stayed home and took Andrew to the Dr. and he has an ear infection again and fluid in his lungs. They think he may have asthma. He has to go back thursday. THey gave him an antibiotic and an inhaler. I just got the mask thingy at wal-mart pharmacy for him tonight. It was $48.84 and my insurance won't pay anything for it. CVS would have charged me $62 something and they didn't have it in stock.

Anyways...I went to WI (not Wisconsin) tonight and I lost...drum roll plllleeeeaaase!! 9.2 lbs. Thats 14.6 in two weeks...Watch out Tina...I am going to catch up to you girl!! I am aiming to be in wonderland by next spring to for our spring fling! If you make it for somewhere I can drive and kid friendly I will be there! I can't get on a plane...never could and now its even worse!!

OK I gotta get the boy his medicine and changed up and get my hiney to bed. JOhn is already there...he was up late last night with Andrew so I could sleep 'cause I was so sick yesterday. BTW...he brought me home a little miniature pink rose bush for Mother's Day. I was so surprised!! We are going to plant it outside!

OK I babbled enough!! TTFN Michelle

BarbPA
05-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Good Evening Gals!
Let's see.....
Exercise = done
Dinner = done
Hubby = gone
Finally finding a few minutes to catch up on the message board and reply to all!

I came home from work tonight and did a Billy Blanks "Crunch" tape. It was a lot of arms and toning. I felt the burn. The tape also had an aerobic workout --- I did a few minutes of it and got frustrated because I couldn't get the steps figured out so I hopped on the treadmill instead. I use to love doing aerobics, but it takes me awhile to find my coordination and follow the steps.

Jeff is stuck in NYC city working for the night, so it's just me and the three dogs. They are laying around chewing on bones and after I finish up here we are all going to bed. :yawn:

Michelle --- WOW!!! 9.2 pounds!!! What a week you had. I hope you are still eating enough to get all you vitamins, etc. I sure hope you and Andrew get to feeling better soon. I recently started on Zyrtec and Flonase for my allergies and they have improved greatly. That was sweet of your hubby to bring you the pink rose bush. It's great to have a good man around the house! :D

Kat --- Your Mother's Day message was so touching. Thanks for sharing. Good for your sister --- what a great win!!! I can't imagine --- I think the most I ever won in a raffle was $100 --- of course I was about 14 at the time and it felt like a million! :lol:

Tracy ---- Sounds like you had a fun Saturday night! Karaoke --- good for you! I have never gotten up the courage to try it, but enjoy watching. So, did you make it to the gym today with your friend??? How'd it go??? I use to go to a Gold's and just ignored the buff people. For the most part there were a lot of average people. I use to try to go in off hours. Now there is a gym really close to home that I've been thinking about checking out, but for now I am doing pretty good at home so I might wait a while and save the money. :^:

Tina --- You hubby sure sounds like one of the good guys!!! I can't complain on this end --- Jeff is a "keeper" and is very supportive! :) I'm still trying to picture you working in your nightgown --- where do you work? At least you were able to be comfy --- and you deserve, you've been putting in a lot of hours!! American Idol?? Me too!!! I guess it's time for Kimberly to go the week, but you never know.

Mary --- Good job on the Exercising!!! :cb: I hope that your sister's surgery went well today.

Steph ---- I'm impressed with your choices at the Outback!!! It would have been hard for me to pass on a good steak, but I am getting better and better! Keep up the good work!
:cp:

Lori --- I'm glad to hear you were able to keep you feet on the ground during the horrible weather you have been getting. Can I have your autograph now before you become a famous actress? :o

2cute --- I loved what you said about getting excited about life!! That is so true!! We need to enjoy what we have and enjoy everyday of our life --- fat or skinny! Life is 2 short and you just never know what you'll be dealt! Someone just told me today "you are always in a good mood these days"! I guess my moods have changed now that I am taking care of myself. I need to try to remember to stay positive in good times and bad. Next Spring --- let's do it!!! Name the place and I'm there! :high:

Aradia --- Great to see you!! Congrats on the clothes fitting! What a great feeling ---- next week on vacation I'll be wearing shorts that I haven't worn in 2 years! It felt like having all new clothes again! :)

Lynne --- I'm happy to hear that you had a nice mother's day with your son and new baby girl!!!:cloud9:

Deon --- Camping? That sounds like fun - getting away from the 'real world' and hanging out in the middle of nowhere! Glad you had a good time! :snail:

Amanda ---- The Carrot Cake sounds YUMMY!!! :chef: I'm sure I'll be trying it soon. Do you think I can substitute Splenda for the sugar and save some calories???

Duckie --- Congrats on the 2 pounds last week!!!!:joker:

Jen --- I was so touched by the message that your husband send to you!! Thank you for sharing with us. :love:

Sandy ---- {{{HUGS}}} I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Although happy to hear that it sounds like you all had a very nice Spaghetti dinner last night. Hang in there! :goodvibes

Phew --- I think that was everyone!!! I hope I didn't miss anyone. Well, the dogs seem to want to go out now and I want to curl up in my comfy bed!!! Have a great night!

Sweet Dreams!
Barb
:chicken:

Grannie39074
05-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Sister is fine. I exercised again today twice and bought a set of WATP tapes.

robntracy
05-12-2003, 11:50 PM
Hello gals!

I did it! I went to the gym tonight with my friend. We went at 7:30 and there were only about 12 people there and that was including us. That must be a good time to go. I had a good workout. Went 30 minutes on the treadmill at about 3 miles per hour. Did 10 minutes on the exercise bike and did some upper body work. I feel so good!!! We are supposed to go again tomorrow at the same time.

Michelle- I forgot to tell you but my son is also 2. He will be 3 September 18th so he is a week younger than Andrew.

Barb- I love karaoke. I would stay and sing all night if I could. Closest thing to American Idol that I will ever get.

To everyone else hi and big hugs!! Oh yeah I almost forgot. I weighed at the mall last week and then I weighed tonight at the gym so if the scales are accurate I have lost about 6 pounds in the last week!!! I am on my way!!

Tracy

Tracy

SaraJoy
05-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Today I was in a contemplative mood as I sat in the shopping center. I was people watching and sipping a cup of coffee when I was suddenly reminded, in an epiphany sort of way, of one of the truths of my new lifestyle.

Food doesn't control me.

It doesn't hold power over me anymore. Instead, I hold the power. I enjoy eating still and I can treat myself occasionally but the majority of what I eat now keeps me true to myself.

This re-discovery of the truth that helped me half my body weight renewed my spirit a bit. It's funny... while I was losing weight, I had an incredible will--an iron will--and I rarely strayed in any real way from my eating plan. When I reached the maintance stage however, I let myself indulge a bit in foods previously forbidden and I began having some issues with binging. (Nothing certifiable, but an issue with me nevertheless.)

As many of you will probably be able to relate to, during a binge my entire frame of mind changed and I felt like the food was entirely in control. I told myself my eating was out my hands. My mind was consumed with thoughts of food.

See? In those moments, I forgot my ephipany. I truly am in control.

Later, walking through the mall, I passed a package of candies (these little, juicy sorbee pigs... kinda ironic) that are particularly tempting to me and for a moment, I looked at them wistfully... then I reminded myself--those foods have no control over me-- and I walked away without a backward glance.

Those foods have no control over me. They will not dominate my thoughts.

That's what I discovered last year and I re-discovered today.

Congrats to all you losers this week, by the way! Spring 2004, at our reunion... or just union I guess... we're all gonna be a bunch of skinnies! :lol:

Ten-four chickies!

2cute2Bfat
05-13-2003, 12:09 AM
One more post before getting off here.
I am a little ... NO ..... A LOT depressed lately. :(
I am OVERWHELMED with clutter all around my house.
Moving home so much of my parents belongings and no where to go with it all. There are many family heirlooms and keepsakes and I have NO WHERE TO PUT IT ALL. My house now looks like a storage building instead of a home. :^:

Plus.. being gone so much my house has gone to pots.
Plus... two of my kids are having some personal problems and that is KILLING ME !!!! I hurt sooooooooo bad for them. :cry:
Plus... wanting this damn fat off of me...
Plus... my husband is causing me stress...
Plus... need I go on.???? :rolleyes:

Lori... I too have a dentist appointment on the 28th. Between the both of us surely we can remind each other. Congrats on the new role.

Michelle... 9.2 lbs :eek: How did you manage that???
Way to go !!!!!

Barb... I liked what you said... "Being in a good mood since taking care of myself". I liked that you did not say since losing weight.
Taking care of yourself !!!! I am proud of you.

Tina... come on girl... if you have something to say... Just SPIT IT OUT !!! :lol:
Tina... do you have vacation time in the fall???

Jen... What a sweet story about your hubby getting that hug to you. :love:
You said you probably will stay state side until Aug.... when does hubby come back?

Duckie... WAY TO GO losing another 2lbs. :cp:

Amanda ... I LOVE CARROT CAKE. That and cheese cake are my two favorites. :T
Otherwise I prefer pies and cobblers. :chef:

Kat.. I have you down for next years Spring Fling. :yes:

Yes... I have us ALL down for a Spring Fling next year. :D
I would love to plan it for here so I can reserve us rooms and dinners and entertainment and .... well you name it and I will get it. :hat:
OR ..."surprise" you with a good old fashion OKLAHOMA WELCOME !!!!! Yee hah !!!!! :D

If we each put 1 dollar away for each pound we lose from now until then we could easily have some spending money. $$$$ You really need to hide it away though so you don't spend it. We spent more than a dollar or two a week on junk food and POP.
If you just put 2 dollars away just for the sake of saving money to spend then you would have $100 !!!! A get together is a worthy goal. :yes:

Okay ladies... I am going to go find me a vase or a glass jar or a "spittoon" to stash my money away in right now. :lol:
I am going to lose 100 lbs and save $2 a week to give me a grand total of $200 for our Spring Fling !!!!!
This is the first time I have smiled all day. :D :D :D

Ooppss... several posted while writing this... I have to go back and read.

2cute2Bfat
05-13-2003, 12:26 AM
Mary...I am happy for your sister. I am more happy for your commitment to exercise. I am so PROUD of you !!!!

Tracy... exercise and losing 6lbs :eek: who could ask for more??
I have NEVER sang kareoke... nor will I ever. LOL .. I am a TERRIBLE singer. :o But I LOVE to sing. LOL . I also LOVE American Idol. I hate for any of them to lose now. :(

Sara... I love it when you share your ephipanies with us.
It shows us what we have to look forward to. Bless you. :love:

SaraJoy
05-13-2003, 12:36 AM
2Cute: That money jar is a great idea! Rewarding yourself throughout weight loss, for reaching certain goals, is an amazing motivater! (I should have done that money jar thing.... except I had to buy four new (small) wardrobes throughout my weight loss and that took a (very welcome) chunk outta my finances!)

Btw, thanks for asking about the book. At times, I feel like I've abandoned writing it... and then something inspires me (like today) and I add a little bit more to it. So... who knows? Maybe it will get written... and maybe it won't! :lol:

AND... I just wanted to tell you that I'm so happy you weathered that storm okay. It must have been shocking to hear it was headed straight for you!

Lori: You must be SO excited about the film! Do you play a particular character? Is it a paid role? Tell me! I'm trying to live vicariously through you! :lol:

Gotta get myself ta bed!

2cute2Bfat
05-13-2003, 03:14 AM
Sara... you made my point for me about hiding the money from yourself too.
There is always a reason to use that money. Kids, food, skinny clothes.
BUT... you would have found the money elsewhere anyways.
HIDE that money jar and DO NOT BREAK DOWN and use a penny of it for anything!!!!! Don't even promise yourself you will put it back later. I am talking a dollar here. It won't be missed and even if it is.... YOU EARNED IT.

COMMITMENT to yourself. COMMITMENT to NOT spend that money.
Come **** or high water.... that money is NOT to be spent. :drill:

(Okay... I know you can do what you want... I am just hyped about us losing and meeting each other. ) Plus... you would have spent it anyways on something else. I just think we DESERVE to do this for ourselves.
Okay..... Off my soapbox. :tape:

kidmeister
05-13-2003, 03:38 AM
Hello! Hello! Just a quick short note. I am doing great. Taking some time to read all these posts, by the time I get done reading I am too tired to post.

I am doing ok on eating, a little struggle here and there, but I am surviving. If I could just get over this stinkin cough I would feel much better. I want to get back to walking. I am feeling so confident and I dont want to lose that, just because of a cold.

Well I am very jealous, I want to go meet Tina. All of you seem to be a closer to each other. I am way out here in Oregon all by my lonesome. Some day I will get the money and the guts, to fly and go visit everyone. I have never been on an airplane. Am very afraid to fly. But when I get skinny, I will buy a ticket and we will have that reunion.

Well must go now, it is way past bed time. I will try to do more catching up tomorrow.

Grannie39074
05-13-2003, 07:58 AM
Good Morning all my lovely chickies

How are you this morning?
I have been saving all my loose change for over a year now. I put it in a can and tuck it away. So maybe I'll use it to meet all of you.

I haven't started my WATP tapes yet.

My legs are sore from the glider.

Great job to all of you that have weight loses. I am still holding but hopefully soon I will start dropping again.

I have so much to do lately at work and at home too.

My sister is still doing good I haven't had a chance to see her yet.
My step-mother has been keeping me posted though.

Today is my 10-7 day. I am getting a new perm on Fri. afternoon after my reference workshop. I have been thinking about having my hair frosted although mother nature is frosting it already.:lol:

Tina: we live so close we should plan on meeting sometime soon. I have every other Sat off.

Well I better run catch you all later:D

bobsgal
05-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey chickies! I didn't get a chance to post at all yesterday, but I had to pop in to let you know that I lost another 5 lbs this week. So that's a total of 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm still going to Curves everyday Mon- Fri. Well, I have a bunch of posts to read so I'll try to reply to everyone later.
Steph

katrinabgood
05-13-2003, 10:21 AM
What's new, pussycats?

I have a few minutes to post, then I have to go vacuum before the window man comes. I know this is going to be another big bucks adventure, but we really need to replace the front window. About 10 years ago, we put in all new windows, except for the picture window...so it's time. Then we need to fix the driveway and the sidewalk...then we need some trees trimmed, then I'd like to put pavers in the back yard, where the dog has worn the grass away to one big rut, by then I'd like some new carpeting, a new mattress...etc, etc, etc........I could go on and on!! I guess I'll settle for a new window and focus on tuition payments instead.

Diet and exercise are still going strong! Last night, I took a Sculpt class, then a Yoga class at the gym. Surprisingly, I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be...must be getting used to all of this. I can't "weight" for tomorrow's WI (not Wisconsin)...I'm trying to stay off the scale til then.

I'll be back to do replies later...Have a good day everyone!

peekabooangel
05-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Morning girls,
I woke up in a much better mood today. Finally we got some good financial news and are back on track, so the pressure is finally off my shoulders. I think I worry about money so much because when I was a kid we had NONE!!!

Michelle: 9.2 lbs........wow, my eyes must have popped out of my head. Good for you:cb: . I hope you are all feeling better too.

Kat: Can't wait to see what the scale grants you.

Steph: way to go on the 5 lbs....:cb: ...lots of good losses in here this week. Good going on the Curves thing too.

Mary: Way to go with the exercise. Don't work to hard on that long shift today.

Deon: I live way up here in New England, so I'm far away from eveyrone too. Well Kat lives in Jersey I think, but thats a ways from me and Duckie and Sara are up in Canada, and although Canada is above Maine, it is also above a lot of other states and geography is not one of my better subjects.

But I would love to meet up with everyone somewhere.

2Cute: hope you are finding homes for all the stuff you are storing at your house. I hope all is going well.

Sara: you always have such inspirational words of wisdom, and they make me stop and think. Thanks

Tracy: glad you found a nice time (7:30) to go to the gym and enjoy it. Congrats on the 6 lbs too.....:cb:

Tina: Jammies to work? I'm so jelous. You would think that bosses would realize if you could dress casual you would get so much more work done. I'd love to go to work in my jeans and tee shirt and sneakers instead of dress pants/skirt/shirt and heels....

Lori: "WOW" a part in a movie? Thats too cool. Is it a big part? Hope your weather is better today, is it still windy? We are having rain now......uggggghhhhhh, makes the days gloomy.

Barb: Boy you had a buys day yesterday. Thanks for your concern and the huggs. Things are better now, and I am almost back to myself.....hope to soon be my happy self again?

Jen: I loved the hug story and how hubby got it to you. What a man, and what a memory to treasure.

Duckie: 2 lbs is wonderful :cp: keep up th good work.

Amanda: Carrot cake!!! That is one of my favorites, I deffinetly kept that recipe. Thanks.

Okay, I think I got everyone? If I missed anyone please forgive me!! I have even been popping back to the thread to make sure I got everyone. If I forgot you......please accept this {hug}.

I'm off to town now to do some much needed shopping that has been put off for a while. Talk to you all later. Have a nice day.

2cute2Bfat
05-13-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi guys....

Deon...I don't know if I am afraid to fly... but ...
I do know that I am afraid of not fitting into the seats. :yikes: LOL
I have flown twice and the first time I loved it because I was in awe of flying through and above the clouds. I remember thinking... "If I die... it was worth it." LOL
The second time I flew... I said..."Nope, it is not worth it anymore." :no: :lol:
Our vacations are limited to where we can drive to and drive home in one week. :rolleyes: That really limits my possibilities. :(
Now you know why I can't do a gathering with everyone until I lose my weight....or at least 100lbs of it. But Oregon sounds like a place I would like to go when I can. :crossed:

Sara... I will keep reminding you about your book because I want to see if there is any mention of a short, fat , gray haired granny who is just 2cute to not mention. :lol:

Kat... your "to do" list for your house sounds like mine. NEVER ENDING !!!! Grrrr
And trust me.... you are going to wish that tuition is your only expense for college. It is only the appetizer. :yes:

Sandy... you are right. We are spread out all over the place.
I bought a placemat at Walmart of the United States and have pins where everyone lives and we are EVERYWHERE. We even have AUSTRALIA again. :D
I miss Malia who was from Hawaii. That is where we should all go... and hunt her down. LOL

Okay... my Tuesday Tip.

There is no time like the present.
Start your weight loss commitment TODAY !!!
Just like Sara always said... "next year at this time you are going to wish you had started TODAY" (sorry if I messed that up Sara)

bobsgal
05-13-2003, 12:29 PM
Well I'm back with my replies as promised.
Lori- Wow that was some strong wind you had. Apart in a movie, very cool!
2Cute- What kind of veggies do you get at Outback? Sorry you are feeling out of sorts and overwhelmed.
Mary- Glad your sister is ok and your son is doing well with the job. Way to go on the exercise.
Aradia- Good job on fitting into the smaller top.
Sandy- The spagetti dinner sounds like it was alot of fun. Glad you are in a better mood. I hear ya on the financial stress.
Tracy- I feel the same way about water. That's cool that you and Tina are going to meet. Good job on going to the gym and on the 6 lbs. My daughter will be 3 on Oct 20.
Amanda- that carrot cake sounds yummy.
Kat- I also intend to be at goal next Spring. Congrats to your sister on her winnings. Wow! You got lots of exercise. I'm sure you will have a great weigh in.
Duckie- Glad to see you posting more. Congrats on the 2 lbs.
Jen- That was a very sweet gesture from your hubby. What kind of surgery are you having again?
Tina- Pjs to work? You lucky girl.
Michelle- Sorry you and Andrew aren't feeling well. 9.2 lbs! Way to go!
Barb- Way to go on getting in some exercise.
Sara- I love your epiphanies. They really get me thinking. You are such an inspiration. I can't wait to be where you are.
Deon- hope you feel better.
Well I think that's everyone.
Steph

PheonixRising
05-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Hi to everyone,
I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I will post individual replies later today. Right now I checked in because I needed some reaffirmation. I'm getting ready to go to the store (60 miles away) and do my big shopping trip. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. :yes: That my sound dramatic, but yesterday I went to the store just to grab a few things and I was doing great until my hubby showed up with the money.:( He saw that our store had a dozen donuts and he just had to have them. (Our store doesn't usually carry those sorts of things.) I told him he could have them if he kept them hidden from me. Did he do that?:no: I was taking a nap and when I got up there they were on the counter, open so of course I had to have one.:o Now he took them out of the house. I'm going on this shopping trip alone, so it should be easier. My hubby has good intentions, but he also has a really sweet tooth. When I'm trying to eat healthy he still wants to have chips with his sandwich at lunch and dessert a couple of times a day. It makes it really hard. I should be able to just resist, right?:yes: Can I? :no: The donut thing really upset me because I didn't even want them. they were the farthest thing from my mind at the time.

:crossed:So anyway, pray for me to find the strength and motivation to stand up to my hubby. I love him and he gets so hurt when I tell him we can't buy a big box of cookies, or whatever that I usually capitulate. I just can't do that anymore, I'm tired of being this size. I want to have energy again. :hyper:

Okay, enough obsessing on that. I will be strong when I shop today. Just my daughter and I are going, so that will make things easier. See you later. Hope your days are going well.

SaraJoy
05-13-2003, 02:48 PM
I just wanted to pop in here for a second to reply to you. It IS hard to resist food temptations when they are right in your face. For the most part, my house is cheat-food free and I am extremely lucky to have a husband that is 99% okay with it. (1% of the time, I hear something like "Will we ever have cheese in the house again?!" To which I reply, "Probably not. When it's there, I eat too much of it." He makes a pouty face but understands.)

I guess, for me, it's a combination of realizing that I am truly in control of my eating and a bunch of tricks (like keeping the food outta the house) so I don't have to exercise my control everytime I walk through the kitchen.

Hmmm. Have you tried sitting down and having a serious discussion with your hubby about what you need to stay on plan. Put it in terms of your life, your health, your happiness... lay it all out there. If he's got a sweet tooth, have him keep that stuff at his work. If he feels he needs dessert in the evening, have him pop out (without you) to the donut shop. Whatever it takes to make your home the best possible environment for your weight loss.

Well, that's my know-it-all two cents! :lol: If there's one thing I've learned about dieting, it's that everybody is different; the plan I put myself on worked for me but others are successful using their own plan. The trick--whatever diet you're on--is sticking to it, getting back up if you fall down, and realizing that you have the power within yourself to accomplish your weight loss goals!

Wooeeey! I hope no one finds me too preachy... my posts are just as much for my own state of mind as they are for anyone else's. :) In saying things like "Food does not dictate or control my thoughts--I do. I am in complete control of what goes into my mouth", I am mostly empowering myself!

Must clean! :)

peekabooangel
05-13-2003, 03:47 PM
I got this in an email and thought it was cute.

RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE
We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the
rules from the male side. Please note:
# 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up,
put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us
complaining about you leaving it down.

# 2. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

# 3. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

# 4. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it
that way.

# 5. Crying is blackmail.

# 6. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints
do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just
say it! We'll get it for you, but just LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!

# 7. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on the
calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

# 8. Most guys own three pairs of shoes. What makes you think we'd be
any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

# 9. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every
question. Please pick one.

#10 . Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.
That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

# 11. A headache that lasts for seventeen months is a problem. See a doctor.

# 12. Let us know about that funny noise in your car engine as soon as
you hear it.

# 13. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.
# 14. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect
us to act like soap opera guys.

# 15. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We
refuse to answer, but still love you.

# 16. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the
ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

# 17. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during
commercials.

# 18. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do
we.

# 19. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two
months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

# 20. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what Mauve is

# 21. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

# 22. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of
mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

#23. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

# 24. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an
answer you don't want to hear.

# 25. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is
fine. Really, you look fine!!!

# 26. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz
together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

# 27. Football is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

# 28. I AM in shape. ROUND is a shape

Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch
tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.

BarbPA
05-13-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi Chicks! Just popping in for a quick afternoon Hello! :wave:
Having a pretty good day on this end - no complaints! Just ready to head home in about an hour and enjoy my evening of exercise, the dogs and American Idol -- and hoping Jeff gets to come home tonight.

Tracy -- You go girl!! Good job at the gym last night --- and, going back today --- even better!
:strong:

Sara --- Thank you for sharing your ephipany with us!!! You are not preachy at all!!! I love it when you share your revelations!!! I know I have said it before, but you give me so much inspriration!
:)

2cute --- try not to let all of those things get you down at once. I know you have an awful lot to think about, try to tackly one issue at a time. I always think in baby steps than the huge picture!!! I really meant what I said about "taking care of myself". I am not on a diet --- I have changed my lifestyle. For my weight? Yes, but also for a million other reasons. Happiness, Health, wanting to get pregnant, I want to love life!!! :spin: I know I am not going to do all these things overnight. I am taking it one day, one pound, one thing at a time...

Deon - Glad to see you checking in and letting us know you are doing well. I hope you get to feeling better soon so you can get out there walking again! :cool:

Mary --- So happy to hear that your sister is doing well! :D

Steph --- YIPPEE!!!! 5 pounds!!!! :bravo:

Kat --- That "to do" list sounds very familiar! There are always a million things to do around the house! Your gym sounds great -- seems to have a lot of different classses.

Sandy --- Pleased to hear that today sees you in a better mood!!! I know financial issues can be very difficult to deal with.
I hope you continue to have a good day!

Amanda --- By now you have probably already left for you shopping trip!! You can do it. Take a big bottle of water and a healthy snack with you to avoid other munchies. Long car rides can be tough. I commute over an hour to work everyday and I use to always think I needed a soda and candy bar on the way home! What in the world was I thinking. Now I just take some water and sometimes a piece of fruit! Let us know how you did! Good or bad we are here for you!!!!

Also, I know how hard the hubby thing is --- my hubby really needs to lose weight but hasn't gotten the motivation yet. He is still eating at McDonalds and bringing junk home. I found that I have to do what Sara said --- no junk in the house. Then I'll just eat it. The other night he wanted dessert -- the only thing I usually keep is some kind of low-fat/sugarfree popsicles. So I told him if he wanted dessert he would have to get in the car and go buy it. Did he? :no: So, I accomplished two things -- it wasn't in the house for me to eat and he didn't feel like getting in the car, so he didn't eat anything either! Good for both of us! I am also trying to seriously think before I put anything in my mouth --- I ask myself, "do I need this or do I want this". A lot of times I stop myself realizing I was about to do some "mindless eating". If you all are like me you can end up eating something without even realizing what you are doing.

Well, I've been here too long --- I'll check in tonight!
Love,
Barb
;)

robntracy
05-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Another successful day in the making for me. I have plans to go to the gym again tonight too. I guess I will have to sneak out of Lee's baseball game a little early to be able to go to the gym. Maybe he wont mind. I am also going out to Walmart after the gym and buying a bathroom scale. That way I will be able to weigh in every week with everyone else.

Sara- It is so nice to hear from you on here. I want to say congrats on getting to your goal. You have done fabulous and I know you will be able to keep the weight off.

Amanda- It sure is hard when the rest of the family can eat what they want. Keep your chin up, you can do this!!!

Steph- Great to see you my fellow water pal!

2Cute- I think it would be great to have a get together in the fall. I would also like to lose 100 pounds by then and I will.

Sandy- I am glad that your financial situation is looking up. That is one of my many stresses.

Kat- Sculpt AND yoga?? You are on a roll girl!! I like the gym also but I dont know if I am ready for any classes yet.

Mary- Congrats on the exercising lately. Keep it up!! Now go pamper yourself and have your hair done.

Deon- Maybe the fall get together could be in a central location to everybody because we would want you there also.

Barb- I really need to save money instead of going to the gym too but right now I have a 2 week pass so I dont know if I will be joining yet or not.

Michelle- Congrats on 9.2 pounds!!! WOW!!! I wanna be like you when I grow up. Sorry to hear about you and your little buddy being sick :(

Lori- WOW! Our very own movie star! Let us know the details.

Tina- I think you should be able to be comfy at work. I bet you are spoiled now. You are sitting there thinking of buying some new PJ's for work arent you :s:

Jen- What a sweet hubby!!

Duckie- Way to go on the 2 lbs!!! That is a great loss and I would take it any day.

OK now that is everyone that has posted!! Like Tina said, if you were not replyed to...........Come in and POST!!!

Hugs,
Tracy

MichelleK
05-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Good afternoon ladies!!

Just another quickie before I go pick up the boy from daycare. I had a meeting with the social worker today for getting him into a preschool to continue his participation with the teacher that comes to the house once a week to help him develop his speaking. Once he turns 3 in Sept. they won't come to the house anymore.

I got a few errands run today too while I didn't have to drag him in and out of the car all day. I feel guilty on my day off leaving him there but sometimes....a woman's gotta do what a womans gotta do to get the stuff done in a timely fashion!! I picked up a new battery for my nextel phone. Mine isn't holding the charge but till 4 pm! Thats not working for me since I work till 6:30 each night...I also went to the family shoe store and got Andrew a new pair of stride rite sneakers. His were getting worn plus I had a $5 off coupon. While I was there I seen a cute pair of boat shoes for him, they were slate blue, pale green and tan. Really really cute so I had to get them too! Then I stopped at the super market to pick up a few things and I got a salad from the salad bar. Healthy stuff...no potato salad or macaroni salads and stuff like that...I didnt' even use any dressing on it. The beets and artichokes were moist enough. But that didn't last long because I started...yuk never mind...just know it didn't stay in my stomach, and neither did my peanut butter english muffin I had for breakfast this morning! I guess thats a good way to lose weight huh? NOT!

Hey has anyone tried those ice cream thingys on a stick called Philly Swirls? I got a box of them today...they chocolate ones, they have fudgy, banana choclate, strawberry chocolate and something else I can't remember...all in one box...I tried the banana one and the fudgy one...ummmmmummmummm....and only 1 pt. each!

Well I did manage to get the dishes done and I mailed out my mother's mother day presents...I know rotten daughter...mailed them late!

OK Gotta run and get the boy!

Talk at you all later! Michelle

2cute2Bfat
05-13-2003, 04:41 PM
STOP !!!! DO NOT POST HERE.
INSTEAD COME JOIN US IN THE NEXT ONGOING THREAD... # 334