Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 09:29 AM   #1  

Cool

It's just one of those days. I'm trying to read read read and inspire myself to be upbeat, positive and stay on program. I guess I need to start those Tibetan chants, huh?

I'm fortunate enough to have my husband doing this with me, and I'm fortunate enough to have a husband who is very supportive and helpful and reads me very well so he knows when it's a bad day and I need a little extra umph. He just called from work to suggest that we make something simple for dinner, watch a movie and relax tonight. Just what I needed - a little touch therapy.

I get down about how much more he has lost than I have. I know - I know - I know that men are going to lose faster than women typically. I also know that he's doing this program 'harder' than I am, so to speak. I keep telling myself that as soon as I get to a weight that I haven't been at in a while, it'll be better for me. As for now, I've weighed this in the last few months or so, so it doesn't really feel like an accomplishment yet sometimes.

Maybe I'll throw on something cozy, put something upbeat on the CD player and quilt my day away. Now that sounds like a plan!

Thanks for letting me whine!
Old 03-08-2001, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Pharmgirl,

Sounds like you were able to talk yourself out of your funk. I hope you had a nice, relaxing evening last night. How nice that your husband is doing the program with you and is so supportive. It always helps when someone is around to read our signals and know we need some extra motivation.

Here's to a great day!

Carla
Old 03-08-2001, 07:06 PM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hang in there, gal. Tomorrow is a whole new day with a whole new outlook. You can do it!
~~~Sil
Old 03-09-2001, 07:45 AM   #4  

Default Thanks, y'all

After all was said and done, I was not only able to stay well within my points range, but I actually also enjoyed a piece of Dove chocolate and a Smart Ones dessert after dinner while doing so!

I stepped on the scale this morning because I can't stand to not have a sneak preview, and I'm down another two pounds, I think. Ahhh. That was enough to motivate me right to the fridge for another bottle of water.

Today will be better. Today will be better. Today will be better.
Closed Thread