South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thrilling Thursday - Beach Chat 2/14

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

I'd send you each one of those cute little valentine's if we were together. My kids had a kick doing theirs last night .

We had a BEAUTIFUL snow last night...big fluffy flakes, and honestly a bit dangerous driving it was so thick for a while. GOR-GEOUS!! I expect it to melt today since we'll be in the 40's.

I thought I'd humor you with yesterday's events...I was called in to work early (not starting til 2, went in at 11) because a sweet, crazy, gorgeous kitten I neutered 2 days before was rapidly declining. What the heck?! (a neuter takes like...2 minutes...) The owner initially called and said he was meowing loudly, eyes red, and acting weird. Then they called back and said he could barely walk, so they rushed him in. I was lost...the cat was blind, barely could control his rear legs, and wasn't interactive. I felt miserable, even though 2 days later, it was unlikely I did something. So, I gave him a dose of a medicine, that when it kicked in, he rapidly improved (which I don't get). YEAH!! What a relief!! Then, the owners called at 4 and asked, that their roommate left out a brownie that the cat nibbled on...could that be it? So, I had my technician call them back and asked if it was a "recreational brownie".....and sure enough, my kitten was TRIPPIN on WEED!!! Do you believe it?!? I did give them a lecture that they almost killed their cat, he was one step from a coma.

Anyway, always some kind of excitement. Hopefully, nothing that exciting today that destroys my nerves until I learn the truth .

Hope y'all have a great valentine's day!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-14-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chatter for 2/14

Happy Valentine's Day!

It looks like we'll have some sunshine to make this day extra special, too!
My plan is to run down to WholeFoods to browse around and swing by Total Wine to restock while I'm in the area, then spend the rest of the afternoon with Mom.

Right now another cup of coffee sounds like an excellent idea.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  

Good morning, Tammy! I'm so relieved that the kitten is OK, but my goodness, how scary! I hope you don't have any more experiences like that!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Linda!! Mmmm, can you pick me up some wine?

I did tell the local emergency vet about my kitten. She said I wouldn't believe how many dogs she's seen high on pot since we live in a college town. Really, people?!?!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Recreational brownie!" Oh the memories that brings back. I'm sure glad the wee kitty is OK now.

Happy Valentine's Day to Tammy and Linda and to the sleepyheads yet to check in. It'll be a pretty normal day here although I will wear a red sweater. Donna comes to clean this morning and I sure hope she shows up early. She's been coming late which means she is doing the kitchen when I'm feeling like making lunch. I shouldn't complain as I am lucky to have her.

The Pampered Chef party last night was fun and I met lots of new women in the area - all in their forties except for two sightly younger ones whom I knew when they were kids. I don't know why I was surprised - I moved here in1985! It's actually kind of neat to know four generations of the same family. I did buy a few things including a new stir fry skillet. They sure do have good quality stuff and I guess it's worth the money.

7:30 and I realize it's trash day so I'm outta here to lug it out there. See ya!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Tammy, so glad the kitty will be out. I remember Mick, got into my wine. I had a rack where the bottles laid on their side. Well I put an open bottle in it once. Mick kept licking the floor by it. I kept thinking he is a weird dog (he likes to lick his bed) Then it dawned on me, the bottle wasn't sealed properly and was dripping slowly onto the floor. Luckily he didn't develop a drinking problem lol

Cottage enjoy your time with your mom sending hugs your way

Ruth glad you had fun at the party

Working 3-11 which is more like 1-1 when you add the commute to it. I was such a fun date last night! Got to Joe's right before he left to go back to the office. Went to grab my slippers from his bedroom. Made the mistake of sitting on the bed. That was all the invitation I needed to grab a blanket and curl up in a ball. He came to check on me because I was taking way to long and laughed. He did make me a hot cold/flu Alker Selter thing which wasn't bad. He went back to work and I napped. I got dinner started before he came home. After I went right back to my nap. I had planned on getting up to go to the movies but was way too sleepy. I guess my body is trying to tell me something lol.

Hope I can stay awake for work later

Have a great Valentine's Day
Old 02-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I've been reading, just not posting, since the past days have been the same - exercise, errands, work.

Today starts the same with yoga and another grocery store run for ingredients I couldn't find yesterday. Then I get my hair cut and colored. And I'm baking cookies and making a meal for my neighbors, delivered tonight, for them to have at the hospital tomorrow. (Did I tell you that their 18-year old daughter has a rare form of cancer and is doing chemo?)

Fortunately DH and I are in sync that we don't need to celebrate Valentine's Day when society tells us too We'll treat ourselves to a meal out on another. less crowded day, at an interesting restaurant I read about.

Have a great day.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Happy Valentine's Day and Good Morning ladies!

OMG, TwynnB, poor little kitty! Stupid owners. I swear people need an IQ test before they're allowed to have pets I'm so jealous of your snow! I'm in NE Ohio, and it's just...brownish green and mucky. Of course, I'd be happy if it snowed daily from December 1 to March 1, so I might be a little hard to please winter wise.

Karen- That's very kind of you to take a meal over. That poor family- especially the daughter! I will definitely keep them in my thoughts/prayers.

Nothing really on the agenda for me today. I've got my meals planned out, sans yucky salad, so I'm feeling much better about today. While not super strictly on plan (or it might be, I don't remember the fat content exactly), I found a tasty fake meat product at the grocery store yesterday.

Someone on another thread recommended Yves vegetarian deli slices, and I happened to see a shelf of them at the store. Fake bologna tastes remarkably like real bologna. Except with way less fat, and 14 grams of protein per 4 thin slices. This is a big deal to me, because growing up I had a bologna sandwich every single day at school (willingly) and I missed the taste of it!

Getting ready to go mix up my chia seeds! I added 2 tablespoons of seeds to about 6 ounces of water, let it gel, and added it to my yogurt yesterday morning. Holy bulk batman! It tripled the size of the yogurt, and made it tastier to boot. Plus it's healthy and stuff, which I suppose is important

Hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy day of the loves to all!

DW and I exchanged gifts last night as she had to be at work by 6a. Despite that, she took out the garbage and did the dishes -swoon- Dinner out tonight!

I was woken up 2 hours earlier than expected by the Couch guy who was in front of the building. And who can't help us - the couch is just uncomfortable. I am sensing a fight a brewing!

Twynn - we had the same big, fluffy snow. It was so pretty. But it's gone now.

to everyone else who is here and to come! Enjoy the day!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #10  

Just back from the grocery, where I picked up a couple of those Sumo Mandarins that Lexiss was raving about yesterday. Two for $5, , but they are worth every penny and I'm going back to get more.
That was my Valentine's treat.

Karen, I'm very sorry about your neighbor's daughter and sending healing prayers for her.

Cyndi, that's a shame about your arm and I hope it's not giving you too much pain and heals quickly!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

Not much on my agenda tonight other than packing to leave for my parents early tomorrow morning.

Trying to get everything caught up at work so I am ready for next week. I managed to get everything I needed done this week.

Cyndi sorry your arm is bothering you hopefully it will feel better soon.

Jennifer I am trying to get over this cold as well so I don't give to my parents almost there.

Karen sorry to hear about your neighbor's daughter praying the chemo works for her.

Glad to hear everyone seems to be enjoying their day. I bought each of the kids a $1 box of chocolate (they had like 3 chocolates- whitman's) in each box. That way they just had a treat and are not over doing. Hubby and me are being good and did not get anything, I much rather fit into my pants more comfortable than have chocolate candy.

Have a great evening and weekend if I don't get a chance to stop in until Tuesday.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

13 hour work day, on my feet all day and ON all day. So glad it is over and that it was a success. No rest for us, testimony on our bill starts tomorrow morning I, on the other hand, am working half a day tomorrow and giving my arm some much needed rest. It's actually much better today but I'd like to continue that progress. A tear will heal as long as it's partial.

Having some tea, a little dark chocolate, then early to bed for me
Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Happy Valentines Day, ladies!!! A friend of mine in Texas sent me a message this morning asking me to be her Valentine and then sent me random pictures from pinterest about how being single on Valentines is better than being w/ a psycho, LOL Then right after I got to work my bestfriend's middle son walked in w/ an arrangement of tulips for me and asked me to be his Valentine. It was too sweet but he turned bright red when the whole room said "awwwwwwwwwww."

I bought my shift each a $1 box of Russell Stovers, an arrangement of heart lollipops, some giant smarties, and some conversation hearts. They're like big kids (heck, only 2 of us are out of our 20s, LOL) so they loved it.

Twynn - OMG, I did not see the pot brownie coming. My mind was just going to regular brownies, LOL Glad you got it all worked out, though, and that the kitten is going to be okay.

Cottage - We got some sunshine today for the first time in probably 3 or 4 days. I bought new tennis shoes the other day and haven't even been able to wear them outside b/c I don't want to get them muddy right away, LOL

Ruth - Naughty naughty!!! Everybody is always shocked when I admit to them that I have never once smoked pot. I've been around people that have smoked it and 100% support legalization, but I've never smoked it myself. And, in my line of work, I don't anticipate ever getting to try it, LOL

jekel - LOL at you drunken doggie. My princess will occasionally lick the comforter she's laying on or the floor for no particular reason. She'll also lick her biscuits (she only eats homemade ones from the bakery) and treats so nobody will take them from her, LOL

WaistingTime - You and the hubby are smart cookies. My nephew took his girlfriend out last night to avoid the crowds as well. I usually spend Valentine's Day having dinner w/ a good friend of mine (female) but this year I'm working, so we're missing our date.

penmage - Not sure if I've met you yet...but welcome.

jenne - Good luck w/ your couch fight!!! LOL

Pearlrose - I also told everybody that I appreciated the thought but wouldn't be accepting chocolate for myself and, if I received them, would be passing them along to someone else. So my mom brought me Tic-Tacs that are pink, LOL

Woot woot, I did it, I did personals!!! Hope you ladies are having a Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Closed Thread