Ideal Protein Diet - hot wings

View Full Version : hot wings

speterson
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I would love some..Im fighting it

benice
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Make your own! Buy Frank's Red Hot and drizzle over a diced up chicken breast. Delicious!

scorbett1103
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Boneless Buffalo Chicken
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks.
2 tsp. minced garlic
Hot sauce: mix together 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce, 1 tbsp. white vinegar, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. celery seed, 1/8 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Olive oil (I use in a Misto sprayer)

Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high, then when pre-heated spray with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken breast chunks and brown on one side, approximately 4 minutes. Flip chicken and brown on other side. Cook until chicken is nearly cooked through, approximately 2 more minutes.

Add buffalo sauce to pan and stir to coat chicken. Cook for 2 additional minutes, stirring several times, allowing the sauce to begin to brown

I made this recipe for the superbowl, it was very good!

onmyway1014
02-13-2013, 09:27 PM
You can also put Franks Extra hot sauce on raw chicken and broil it - I do it with chicken breast tenders and it is quite good. Not the wing sauce though - I think that has butter in it.

SweetShe
02-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Walden Farms Blue Cheese dip is good with buffalo chicken!

Glover girl
02-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Actually, ken's makes a buffalo wing marinade and sauce that qualifies for phase 1

scorbett1103
02-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Actually, ken's makes a buffalo wing marinade and sauce that qualifies for phase 1

If it's this one:
http://www.kensfoods.com/proddetail.php?id=44

it has 1.5g fat per tablespoon, so it doesn't actually meet the 0/0/0 rule. There is vegetable oil in the ingredients.

Calisto
02-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Frank's is GOOOOOD! Love putting it in everything lately, but with chicken... YUM!

I may need to make a hot wing salad!

IP43
02-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Do you guys deliver???

scorbett1103
02-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Do you guys deliver???

Yeah, but my shipping charges are a B^*@)# :)

socalgirl83
02-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Boneless Buffalo Chicken
2 tsp. minced garlic
Hot sauce: mix together 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce, 1 tbsp. white vinegar, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. celery seed, 1/8 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high, then when pre-heated spray with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken breast chunks and brown on one side, approximately 4 minutes. Flip chicken and brown on other side. Cook until chicken is nearly cooked through, approximately 2 more minutes.

Add buffalo sauce to pan and stir to coat chicken. Cook for 2 additional minutes, stirring several times, allowing the sauce to begin to brown

Can we have chicken drumettes and bake them?

speterson
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Boneless Buffalo Chicken
2 tsp. minced garlic

wow thanks

scorbett1103
02-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Can we have chicken drumettes and bake them?

I wouldn't recommend it - we can't eat the skin (due to the fat), plus it would be incredibly difficult to get an accurate measurement of meat to make sure you're eating the correct portion. At least while you're on phase 1, you will be able to stay on plan if you use boneless chicken breast.

mrskuby
02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
FYI...I have a bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce and the label says 0/0/0...I use it once or twice a week. :)

DJ72
02-15-2013, 04:32 PM
DROOL MMMMMMM I am roasting chicken in the oven right now for supper and I am gonna take the breast and slather it in Hot Sauce! (Right after hockey tonight! I have to work the kitchen and cook burgers and fries...sob!)

Msbehaving
02-15-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm planning a buffalo chicken dinner this week. Make broiled chicken strips, adding Franks Hot Sauce to taste. Serve with ice cold crispy celery and WF blue cheese dressing.

lisa32989
02-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Oh! I'm going to a trivia nite tonite. We all know there is WAY too much food at those!
I'm taking a veggie tray but I think I'll take boneless hot wings.
That'll satisfy my urge to eat anything else!

mrskuby
02-16-2013, 11:06 AM
I made buffalo chicken meatballs for a party in January. They were sposed to be for my SIL and I as we were the ones that were dieting but the meatballs wound up being the hit of the party! All this talk about buffalo chicken is making me crave some!!! LOL

lisa32989
02-16-2013, 11:08 AM
I made buffalo chicken meatballs for a party in January. They were sposed to be for my SIL and I as we were the ones that were dieting but the meatballs wound up being the hit of the party! All this talk about buffalo chicken is making me crave some!!! LOL
Oh, even better idea...I'm gonna make them bite-sized so I can eat them with a toothpick, which will be easier at the trivia nite.

These ideas ROCK!
Thanks!

ladylunk
02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Oh, even better idea...I'm gonna make them bite-sized so I can eat them with a toothpick, which will be easier at the trivia nite.

These ideas ROCK!
Thanks!

Yes great ideas! I was wondering what to do with my ground chicken for tonight (usually make asian flavoured patties), but I think I may try some buffalo meatballs. Tried the roasted cauliflower with some franks last night yum! Love cauliflower today will try cauliflower fritters.
Thanks