40-Somethings - 40-something St. Patrick's Day challenge

LuvCats
02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Spring is right around the corner. What goal would you like to aim for? We can do this especially with the great support here on the 40's 3FC forum!

(I thought I'd put this up today so we have it to think about as we are ending the V-Day challenge.)

newleaf123
02-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks LuvCats for starting this!!

My goal for St. Patricks Day... Hmmm... I need to think on this some more. I leave on St. Patricks Day for my Patagonia trek -- 84 miles of hiking near the southern tip of Chile. It's supposed to be gorgeous and difficult.

My goal is to work out 5 days a week:
"Advanced Peak Interval" hour-long elliptical routine once a week.
Weight lifting with focus on squats & step climbing with 50pounds 2x per week
25+ min of cardio on weightlifting days

40+ min of cardio 2x more a week

My hope is to be 158 when I step on that plane. So...

Sw 163.1
Cw 163.1
Gw 158.x

Jennifer1966
02-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Yay ! Another challenge! My goal is to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week, and I'd like to be under 185 by St. Paddy's Day!

SW: 191.8
CW: 191.8
GW: <185

natamars
02-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi again!! Only 31 days for this challenge so I'll try to be a bit more realistic:

1) Lose 5 lbs
2) Post my calories and exercise on this thread daily
3) Keep calories in the 1200-1500 range
4) Some type of exercise daily, run 3x/week, increasing distance on "long" run weekly

guacamole
02-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Hello, ladies! One challenge ends, and yet another begins! Just like life! My goal is to track my food, stay within a calorie range of 1200-1400 on weekdays and 1600-1800 on weekends. I would like to keep my carb/white flour/white rice/sugar intake low. I would like to increase my protein intake. I would like to get out and walk/jog if the weather permits at least 3 times per week.

Starting weight
2/14/13 - 154

Current weight
2/14/13 - 154

Goal weight
3/17/13 - 148

Sum38
02-14-2013, 11:57 AM
I will simply do a weight loss challenge.

SW 158.2
GW 153.2 :)

2/17 154.2
2/24
3/3
3/10
3/17

LuvCats
02-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Yay all the goals sound great. We can do this!

Lol realized I didn't post my own goals.

The are:

1) To get back to pre-Vegas weight and/or lose a bit more.
2) Continue exercising regularly (at least 5 days per week).

I'm going to try to do a lot of walking in Vegas but I'm being realistic that I will eat off plan. Luckily drinking won't happen because I think all types of liquor taste disgusting, lol.

2FatCats
02-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm in this time!

One month goals:
1. Continue NRoLS Program (weights 3x a week)
2. Eat on Plan
3. 152 lbs or whatever # makes me under 23% body fat

:goldpot:
02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21
02/28
03/07
03/14
03/17

Sum38
02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
2fatcats Our starting weight is exactly the same :)

Sum38
02-14-2013, 06:07 PM
This challenge will be truly a challenge for me (again). My vacation lifestyle continues :) We are about to go on a ski vacation, destination Whistler BC. This is our 4th time there, and it is our favorite ski resort. -- BUT it is a vacation and we have to eat out all 3 meals per day...plus night life and drinking....

The hotel has a beautiful gym and a fantastic outdoor swimming pool. I have every intention to work out each day and swim for 1 hour (I don't ski; I shattered my ankle 5 years ago after a day of skiing and I can't find a comfortable boot to fit).

So I will do my best!! It will be hard :(

mboo
02-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Would love to do, I'm gonna shoot for 8 pounds and continue exercising 3to 4 days a week Sw 215 Gw 207

2/21 213.6
2/28

curleycarr
02-14-2013, 07:08 PM
St Paddy's day here we gooooo!
Ok so what to put down as my goals...

1. I will go for 8 lbs this time..... its ambitious but I'll aim for it and see where I get to so

CW 186
GW 178

2. Keep running...going to do a 5k on 8th March
3. Drink water...lots of it that is..
4. Start to lift weights....

Really looking forward to working with all you chicas again!!!!

natamars
02-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Thursday: 1440 calories, 25 min stairclimbing

Hung out w/ DH and DS for V-Day and watched some Harry Potter. DS isn't feeling well again..bad cough and generally whiny.

Happy weekend!

newleaf123
02-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 163.3
Gw 158.x

Ugh, moving in the wrong direction! Valentines Day bump, I'm sure. And my plan to lift weights today is foiled. I got a tetanus shot at my physical yesterday, and boy does my arm hurt! The good news is that I was down 43 pounds since my physical a year ago :carrot:

curleycarr
02-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Wow newleaf that is so impressive about the 43 pounds . No worries on the Vday bump, we are on a brand new month challenge now...and we are looking forward.

Natamars Oh I love watching Harry Potter with the kids! Lucky you! Sorry to hear DH is not the Mae West...

mboo...you and me both...we can do this 8lb thing...can't we!

sum...your trip sounds gorgeous...Whistler is one of my favorite places...

2FatCats....I love your leprachaun!

Jennifer......we are going to have those 180's begging for mercy!...don't you think!!

Luvcats...thanks for starting this thread and getting us all on board!

Ar aghaidh linn - that's Irish for OFF WE GOOOO! :luck2you: :luck2you: :luck2you:

Jennifer1966
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Newleaf: 43 pounds is amazing! Patagonia sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sum: You will also have a great time! We have some travelers in this group.

CurleyCarr: we definitely are going to have the 180s at our mercy!

I did we'll today mostly except we did go out for Japenese at work. The yum yum sauce is my downfall! DH decided we'd go to Pittsburgh this weekend, so I'm going to try and walk a ton to balance the food and drink. When I get home, I'm going to have to buckle down to get back on a loss track!

We can all reach our St. Paddy's goals!

Sum38
02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
In Whistler, safe and sound.

I am still super sick. This has no end!!

Stats
SW 158.2
CW 157
GW 153.2

kelijpa
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
NewLeaf great on the loss, your trip sounds awesome, we're trying to plan for Yosemite in Sept. that's what I tell myself when I need a little push "training for Yosemite"

Sum best of luck with your challenge, enjoy the vacation, hope you're feeling better soon!

My St. Pat's goal is:
get in 60 oz. water per day
get in 10K steps most days
weight loss goal~162 lbs.

best of luck to all :sunny:

LuvCats
02-15-2013, 11:31 PM
So far so good here at my folks. Lots of walking and managing to stay eating well (even have turned down cheesecake, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls).

Keep strong ladies! We can do this! :carrot:

Jennifer1966
02-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Good morning everyone! I am back at my pre-conference weight just in time to eat and drink my way through pittsburgh this weekend! No, I'm going to make good choices and DH and I are going to bundle up and walk all over the city!

Sum: I hope you feel better soon!

CW: 190.2

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Sum38
02-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Miss my scale :eek: How sad is that!!??

The hotel scale gave me a reading of 158.2 with my bathingsuit on. I will use that as the baseline for the next 10 days. It probably is right; afterall I traveled all day and each time I gain a little bit of bloat.

Stats
SW 158.2
CW 158.2
GW 153.2

I am thinking about seeing a doctor if I don't get better after today. I have been really sick since Sunday and perhaps this is turning into some bacterial infection...

I will try to swim today. There is a gorgeous outdoor pool and maybe the steam would help me with my lungs. -- If I have the strength I will leisurely swim for one hour. I need to start getting some exercise in, it has been weeks since I did something :mad:

Everyone have a fab day!!!!

Sum38
02-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Jennifer Are you taking a holiday weekend with hubby? Sounds romantic :love:

LuvCats :woohoo: on turning down down cheesecake, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls!! That is some excellent willpower!

kelijpa What do you use for counting your steps?

newleaf123 I hope your Valentine's Day gain is behind you.

natamars You are just so awesome and dedicated! Inspiration for sure!!

curleycarr sssshhhh...don't tell anyone, but I am secrectly hoping to shed 8 pounds as well :D -- We can do it!

Where is Zumba??

:wave: to the ones I missed....

:dust:

curleycarr
02-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Heah great job Jennifer...fantastic ... you are knocking on the door to those 180's...

Sum its horrible being sick isn't it.I think maybe go to the doctor if even for peace of mind. Try to take it easy and don't be hard on yourself.

luvcats... you are on a roll keep going!!

newleaf...happy saturday hope you are doing something lovely for yourself!

I had a rather big night out last night....so I need to be good as gold for the next few days!!!!No comfort eating!!! On the plus side though I've been exercising/ running to beat the band. So maybe it'll all balance up. Will do weigh in tomorrow.

Keep those Irish eyes smiling!!! :D :yes: :yes:

natamars
02-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Friday: 1570 calories, no exercise.

Stuck @ home with a sick kid, but I should have done some strength training.

curley, you'll un-do any damage quickly with that attitude!

sum, that stinks that you're still not feeling well! Hope things turn around for you soon!!

jennifer, have a great w/e!

luv, sounds like a diet minefield over there!! great job resisting.

kelijpa, good to see you again! great goals!

curleycarr
02-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Hi Colleens!

Well not so great news I'm up almost 2lbs........So head down I'm afraid and work it off. I know how it happened I went carb crazy over the last 3 days. It just shows me how quickly it puts the weigh up for me. I have to learn how to say no to second helpings.....

On the good side though, the exercising is really working for me. I have lost inches all over...just got measured on Friday. I bought a smaller pair of jeans yesterday...

Thanks again to all you lovely ladies, you have really helped me develop an attitude adjustment!!!!

natamars
02-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Saturday: 1215 calories, 30 min elliptical.

Made it through a hockey game with nothing to eat or drink..the smell of fried food was tempting! Had hoped to be rewarded with a nice loss, but only down .2 for the challenge..why does it come on so easily and go away so slowly?

curley, I know you're running..do you go every day? Are you doing strength training also?

mboo
02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Just checking in...Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Sum38
02-17-2013, 10:16 AM
I either looked at the scale wrong yesterday or I dropped 4 pounds over night... It is one of those doctor looking scales... Anycase this am it gave me a reading of 154.2... I wonder if the reading was 155.2 yesterday, and I just tricked my brain into thinking it was 158.2...

IF I dropped 4 pounds of airplane bloat overnight...I am giddy!

newleaf123
02-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Will read everyone else later... Just dropping by to say I'm feeling back on track. I had a tetanus booster at the dr on Thursday and it really through me for a loop. Arm hurt terribly so no going to the gym. Then felt terrible Friday night into Saturday afternoon, like the flu was settling in. Today I feel great! Shoveled the driveway, which is always great exercise.

Updating my tickers to show the awful truth, primarily since I like the feeling of moving them down at every possible juncture.

Sum38
02-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Heidi That shot just sucks! I got one a few years back and my arm was sore for a week. -- I am glad you are feeling better today!

newleaf123
02-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Jennifer, Natamars, Guacamole, Sum38, LuvCats, 2FatCats, mboo, CurleyCarr, kelijpa Awesome goals. Let's nail this!

LuvCats lucky you that alcohol tastes gross! That definitely saves calories...

2FatCats how do you measure your lean body weight? Is that through a scale? I wish I had that number easily at hand, but I don't. I was measured last April and plan to measure again this April, though. That will be interesting, for sure!

Sum38 nice to be living the vacation lifestyle!! So an outdoor pool in the winter in Whistler? How does that work? Is it like a big sauna?? And, how are you feeling? Any better? And yeah, a little weird to miss your scale... but I totally understand! Although, given the magical powers of the scale in the hotel room, um... maybe you shouldn't be missing your scale after all! It should be feeling some pangs of jealosy and start treating you better!

mboo Welcome!

Jennifer I hope you are having a nice time in Pittsburgh this weekend. A little snowy and chilly, but at least it makes everything look pretty! Great job getting rid of the conference weight! Hopefully you resisted a Primanti Bros sandwich this weekend ;)

kelijpa Yosemite is so pretty... I haven't been there since 1987 with an old boyfriend... but I remember it was gorgeous! I'm envious of your trip. Maybe we'll have to do that as a family one day.

CurleyCarr Sounds like you had a great weekend! Now go work out!! I hear you on how quickly the weight seems to come piling back on. Frightening. You & me both!

Natamars down 0.2 is still worth celebrating... :hug:

Zumba Happy birthday; I hope your weekend away has been great!

Thanks for all the congrats on the 43 pounds! That's more than I got from the dr, who didn't even mention it. Too funny. I have a great relationship wiht him though, so whatever. Probably he didn't mention it because he never did when it was high either. Not his thing.

Here, attitude adjustment has recurred, now that I'm feeling better. Wearing my smallest pants that fit as a reminder of what this is all about. And I wore a t-shirt yesterday that was too tight when I bought it in August. Looks great now. Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs & a latte. Lunch: Homemade lentil soup and a spinach apple protein shake. Dinner: dunno yet. LOL

ETA: I've got a dinner plan. It's a summer meal in the dead of winter. Some wonderful marinated chicken kebabs (olive oil, white wine, thyme, garlic); spinach, basil, and strawberry salad, and tri-colored quinoa. Followed by a gummy-decorated cake that my DS made with just a tinch -- yes, there's that word again! -- of help from Mom. I wonder if it's a regional colloquialism.

Sweettay72
02-17-2013, 12:32 PM
I just starting on my weight loss journey, so my goal is to get at lease 30 mins 0f exercise a day and start a food log

Jennifer1966
02-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Just a quick check in from my phone, so excuse any typos! DH and I had a great weekend away. We ate and drank way too much, but I'm jumping right back on the wagon! We had a wonderful 4 course Valemtine's dinner last night, which, while definitely not on my weight loss plan, was totally worth it.

Newleaf: I avoided Pimanti's, but that's about all! We stayed at the William Penn and made ourselves too comfortable in their new Speakeasy!

CurleyCarr: congrats on the jeans! Inches are better than pounds!

I'll try to get back on later and read more posts. My phone is awful for message boards!

Trisha003
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Just signed up to 3fc today. Desperately needing motivation. Going to push myself to work out at least 3x a week.

Jennifer1966
02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Welcome Mboo, Sweettay, and Trisha!! This is a great group for motivation!

2FatCats
02-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Newleaf. For LBW I just use the Navy method. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html. I have calipers but my skill with them is questionable so I use the tape measure method. Even if it's off by a few percent - it's consistently off by the same amount. That's good enough for me...going down in bf is what matters! I also put in "pretend measurements" with various weights to see how much difference it makes. Higher weights with same measurements = lean muscle gains/drop in bf.

newleaf123
02-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Newleaf. For LBW I just use the Navy method. http://www.linear-software.com/online.html. I have calipers but my skill with them is questionable so I use the tape measure method. Even if it's off by a few percent - it's consistently off by the same amount. That's good enough for me...going down in bf is what matters! I also put in "pretend measurements" with various weights to see how much difference it makes. Higher weights with same measurements = lean muscle gains/drop in bf.

Wow, I love this! I had never come across this before...

Depending on what my true height is, it calculates me as between 29.9 - 30.2% body fat. It will be really interesting to see how I measure out come April. The same person will be doing the testing as last time, which at least eliminates 1 variable. And my strength and fitness levels will be measured, too. Looking forward to it. Which is really interesting, since I dreaded it when I did it a year ago...

natamars
02-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Sunday: 1330 calories, 5 mi on treadmill(4.25 of them jogging)

Scale is down a bit more. 130's are getting close. I agree that losing weight is mostly diet, but the running really seems to give me a boost.

trisha, welcome! These boards are great. Keep visiting and posting daily.

jennifer, glad you had a great w/e. Hop right back on the wagon..you'll be fine!

Sweettay, great goals! What kind of exercise are you doing? The food log is so important for me..as soon as I get away from it I start to gain...

newleaf, how awesome to look back and realze all you've accomplished in the last year. Amazing!

sum, how bizarre, but great!

mboo, hi! Hope you had a great w/e!

LuvCats
02-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Welcome to those new to 3FC! I've been here nearly a month myself. This is a great place, especially the 40's area. :)

Keep it up ladies! I'm dreading going to Vegas... maybe about 10% of me, lol. Will try to listen to my body but I definitely will be eating way different (can you say dessert??) than I am now.

Time to get on the road back home in an hour or so. Have a great day everyone!

Sum38
02-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Scale held the loss; 154 this am. I hope I am not going to get disappointed when I get home :(

Kids and hubby are heading out to ski and snowboard, I will be hitting the gym. I will do elliptical for 20-30 min, some weights and swim for 45 minutes.

My eating has been quite light, I am easing myself into eating proper meals after a week of mandatory fasting. Today was the first day I had a big breakfast.

We went out for sushi and it was yumm-o!! Just hubby and I. Kids ordered pizza and cruised around the resort a bit and checked out "the local talent" :D We are having a great vacation!

Sending :dust: to all!!

SW 158.2
CW 154
GW153.2

Sum38
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Zumba I want to hear about your weekend girlie!!!!!!!

kelijpa
02-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Sum~I have a LifeFitness activestep pedometer, I got it at CVS years ago, you can download data to your computer, but if you don't keep unloading it, it can get stuck where you can't get download (which is where mine is now), we have program at work where I can log my steps, so I do that until I decide whether to send it back, live with it, or just buy another one. I think Omron makes basically the same thing, it also keeps track of "aerobic steps" if you walk for more than 10 minutes in a row, it keeps track of those separately.

best of luck to all, got back on track yesterday after wings...they were good, but definitely only need to have them once in awhile :D

:sunny:

NewLeaf~I had lentil soup for lunch today, too! I made it a couple days ago and today thinned it out a little and stuck it in the ninja and pureed it a bit, awesome!

natamars~great job with the jogging, I'm a walker, every once in awhile I attempt a jogging program, but haven't been able to get back to it, I lost alot of weight when I was much younger jogging 3 miles a day.

NEMom
02-18-2013, 01:30 PM
I am a few days behind but would like to join in on the challenge.

My goals are to:
Keep my calories between 1200-1400 calories during the week.
Track my food, even on the weekends
Exercise 5 days a week. Alternating between the elliptical and continuing on with the C25K program.
Limiting the liquid donuts

CW 166
GW 160

Sum38
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Nice to see you here NEMom!

guacamole
02-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Hello, everyone! Quick drive-by - busy weekend and the kids are at home for President's Day. My eating since Thursday night has been atrocious, although it's been fun sharing meals with friends and family. I am scared to weigh myself - haven't stepped on the scale since last week. Everyone goes back to school tomorrow, so hopefully, I can do decently for the rest of the day and get back on track for real tomorrow.

Good luck!

natamars
02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Monday: 1205 calories, 30 min HIIT on the treadmill

guac, get back on the wagon, you'll be fine!

NEMom, good to see you! How are you liking C25K? Have you signed up for an actual 5K yet? I started running just a few years ago and signing up for my first 5K was what really kept me going.

kelijpa, I love walking too..I'm a slow jogger but I love the feeling afterward!

sum, WOW on the 154..that almost puts you at goal for the challenge!

luv, hope you had a great day!

guacamole
02-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Finally braved the scale after a long weekend of eating - 155. Ugh! It could be worse, though. Hopefully, some of it is water weight?! I can dream....

Starting weight
2/14/13 - 154

Current weight
2/19/13 - 155

Goal weight
3/17/13 - 148

NEMom
02-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Yeah for your loss Sum!!! Love it when the scale can make you smile two days in a row. Sounds like even not skiing, you are having a good vacations.

Natamars - The C25K is going well. I know in the real world my snails pace and 5 minutes of running at one time is not a huge thing but to me it is huge. As a 28 year smoker this is an accomplishment for me. I am going to do a 5K in June. Thought about doing the Color Run that is coming here in May but did not want to spend $40 to register.

Guac - some of it is probably water weight. You will get there lady. Congrats to you for braving the scale, I have not done that this week yet.

Food was within calorie range yesterday. Did have one liquid donut but it fit within my calories.
I got up and did the last day for week 4 of the C25K program. Man, it is amazing how the last 5 min stint really kicked my butt.
I am in the throws of pre menopause and PMS this week. Not a good combo. This time of the month I have a short fuse and a bad attitude. Need to keep it in check today.

newleaf123
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 163.2
Gw 158.x

Sum38
02-19-2013, 10:10 AM
sw 158.2
cw 154.8
gw 153.2

I just swam laps for half an hour. I am a terrible swimmer; therefore I burn mega calories just to stay afloat :D

Today hubby and kiddies are taking a day off from boarding and skiing. We will have a hike day, more calories to be burned :)

LuvCats
02-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Finally braved the scale after a long weekend of eating -

Lol that is going to be me the first Tuesday of March following Vegas. Keep at it you'll get it going again!

kelijapa: Good job getting back to it after having wings. Sounds like it was good you let yourself have them though.... we have to treat ourselves sometimes.

Good job on the exercise yesterday, natamars. Yesterday was the first time in about a month I didn't exercise. Will be back to it today though. Keep up the good work!

NEMom: WTG to see to it the liquid doughnut was in your calorie count. Keep up the good work on C25K.

Keep it up newleaf!

Woo hoo Sum! Looking good! You just might have to revise your goal. Lol making it "keep losing."

I lost a little... might be 2# but I forgot to weigh before I ate... maybe it makes no difference but it always feels like it does. Puts me to a total of 15# lost. I doubt I'm likely to lose much this next week as I know I will be having cake.... as long as it is no gain I'll be good. Then Vegas. :)

curleycarr
02-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi all you Irish Eyes!!

Well I cannot believe it we all have the flu at home. My eldest came down with it on Thursday last and its been like dominos ever since...my DH is so sick. I got it on Sunday and I don't think I've felt this awful for a very long time. So many of my sons class are out with it too.

I can't really eat anything so yes I must have lost weight although I haven't been near the scales.

Keep going everyone...you are doing great!!!

Sum38
02-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Feel better curley. I just had it last week and it was not fun!!

Jennifer1966
02-19-2013, 04:03 PM
CurleyCarr: I hope you feel better soon!

Sum38: whistler sounds fabulous! Way to go on on the exercise!

LuvCats: have fun in Vegas!

I was back at 190.2 this am, which after being out of town for 5 of the last 7 days was good for me! I think I should make the 180s in the next couple days! Since that was my original V Day goal, I'm going to try super hard to meet my St. Paddy's Day goal before the 17th!!

We can do this!

newleaf123
02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Sweettay and Trisha Welcome! Sounds like you have great goals! Keep us posted...

Jennifer Glad you had a nice weekend in the city! And great job managing your weight through all this travel. WTG!

Natamars You are doing great against your goal; keep up the great work!! Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, it feels pretty great.

LuvCats You've only been here a month? Seems like you're an old-timer... Congratulations on being down 15 pounds; that is AWESOME!!

Sum38 Sounds like you are having such a great vacation!! I'm hopeful that the scale will stick... And I hope you had a great, beautiful hike today.

NEMom Sounds like great goals! You're doing great with the C25k :carrot: Sorry you're not have a good week, hormonewise

Guacamole I hope you are getting back into your normal food routine, now that the long weekend is over. I love having a face to put to your avocados now!

CurleyCarr So sorry to read that everyone has been so sick. Hoping people are better by the time you read this in the AM.

Here, all is well. I had blood work done today as part of my annual physical and I'm looking forward to the results. I had my cholesterol tested back in August and it was excellent. Since then I've added in whole grains and green tea, both of which are supposed to help lower cholesterol, so I'm curious to see if the numbers are even better. Finally exercised today for the first time in awhile. That tetanus booster really through me for a loop. But I feel engaged and back on track.

elaine19
02-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Okay I am in , my goal is 6 lbs by St. Pattys... I am working out 5 days a week, and eating well so I think this goal is obtainable.
SW 200 Feb19/13

Zumbachica
02-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Hello all!! Thank you for starting this challenge, I'm on board again, lets hope this time i can actually accomplish something.........
Too afraid to weigh myself this morning but I guess i'm going to have to in order to make up a new challenge ticker....

My birthday weekend was awesome Sum.....Museum of Modern Art, fantabulous dinner, empire state building at night and some kisses ;) It certainly made up for all the sad depressing birthdays I've had the past few years......

Now it is time to get serious....more than ever since I am auditioning for a new job at a higher end gym and they are all about "image"....going to start cross fit, was supposed to start tonight but I'm not feeling well. I have a huge icky gross cold sore and half my face hurts from it..the pain goes down the side of my face into my neck..unreal!! I need this now like I need a hole in the head. Needless to say I don't feel like eating, but I don't feel like working out either.....and I feel like the elephant man.....

Time to get McSerious for St Patty's.....;)

newleaf123
02-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 162.3
Gw 158.x

natamars
02-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Tuesday: 1405 calories, 25 min stairclimbing, 40 min elliptical

zumba, glad you had such a great w/e! Good to see you. We're making some great progress here..spring is coming.

elaine, sounds like you'll be in onederland any minute! welcome!

newleaf, glad things are going well.

jennifer, that's an excellent weigh-in after being out of town so much

curley, that stinks! We've had a horrible flue season in the States too. Feel better.

luv, you're so funny that you keep forgetting to weigh in! I won't step on the scale if I've had even a sip of water!

sum, glad you're feeling better - 30 min of swimming is impressive!

NEMom, I totally get you on the running..never thought I'd be able to do it either. Soon you'll be doing 10, then 15..I actually think the first 5 minutes of a run is the hardest.

guac, that is awesome that your scale barely moved..you must not have been as bad as you thought!

NEMom
02-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Newleaf - Hope your blood results are as good as you hope they are. I am luck in that I have never had any blood pressure or cholesterol issues. They run in the family but I have missed those issues so far.

Elaine - Welcome and good luck on meeting that 6lb loss goal!

Zumba - Glad you had a good birthday weekend. Sorry about the cole sore, I am sure it does not look as bad as it feels to you. Good luck on trying out for the new job!!!

Natamars - Thank you for the support for running. I am going to keep at it because I know cardio is something that I really need to work on.

Calories were under 1300 yesterday, got up and exercised this morning. Elliptical for 30 min and then some light weight lifting.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sum38
02-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Wow, we are getting busy at this challenge. Sorry if I fail miserably with personals. I am reading everybody's post and rooting each one of you on, even if I don't address each one of you personally. -- Just gets to be a tab bit overwhelming at times. So :grouphug: and :dust: to all!

NEMom Are you ciggy free?

Zumba You are back! I was missing you and wondering how your weekend went. I am glad to hear it was a great one ;)

Heidi That shot really sucks...makes me rethink if I want it again...yep I am a coward :) I am glad you are feeling better.

Jennifer It is just waterweight, I hope scale was below 190 this am.

natamars I am looking at your stats; with jealous eyes :D We are the same height. You just left overweight status behind! :woohoo:

Sum38
02-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I have not logged my food, but I have tried being mindful. We have a suite with a full kitchen, so I cook most of the meals myself.
I think I am PMS:ing and it is making me eat a bit more, and mostly junk. Scale surprisingly is holding steady...I usually gain upto 5 pounds before me period.

My plan is to swim 45 minutes this morning. The rest of the day is open :)

SW 158.2
CW 154.6
GW 153.2

newleaf123
02-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 160.9
Gw 158.x

guacamole
02-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Quick check-in. I've been too chicken to weigh myself. Eating was not on target yesterday. Here's hoping for a better day today.

Jennifer1966
02-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Good morning, ladies! Quick check in to announce I am finally in the 180s!! I am excited to have finally reached my V Day goal (better late than never)!

CW: 188.4

newleaf123
02-21-2013, 08:31 AM
elaine19 Welcome!!

zumba Awesome weekend!! Wow, I'm envious!! Good luck with the new club.

natamars I'm the same with the scale. Weigh in definitely occurs before water!!

neMom looks like you are doing great!!

Ok, be back later. Typing on my phone, yuck.

natamars
02-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Wednesday: 1495 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 4 mi on treadmill, 3 of them jogging at 5.5mph

I am SO happy this morning..139.0 on the scale! Finally reached my V-Day goal challenge, and just thrilled to be under 140.

I've decided to try to run at least 3X/week..once for distance at a slower pace, once with some sprinting, and once working on my 5K time. When I run outside, my pace is anywhere from 10-11 minutes, but I've been doing a 12 min mile on the treadmill. So I bumped it up to 11 min last night and was able to do 3 continuous miles. Im planning to keep bumping it up weekly until I get to a pace to run a sub 30 min 5K, which is one of my goals for 2013.

Jennifer, yay on the 188's!

guac, hope today goes better for you.

newleaf, looking good to hit goal for the challenge.

sum, yes, I'm no longer overweight..too bad it is 2 weeks after my mimi physical at work where I would have gotten an extra $100 in my health spending for having a healthy BMI. I should be able to weigh in next time they come in to prove that I've lost and still get the cash.

NEMom, do you have a specific calorie goal or do you vary it a bit? Have you figured out the relationship between your calories and losses? I'm trying to figure it out myself, and since we're roughly the same size and age I'm looking for help! I'm averaging 1350/day but they vary a lot..anywhere from 1060 to 1795 based on teh spreadsheet I'm keeping(yes, I'm a geek).

newleaf123
02-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Sum38 Sounds like you are doing great on this trip. I always prefer when we rent a house so I have more control over the food, too. At least I know that breakfast each morning is exactly what I want, and maybe a few dinners. Also, I don't log a single morsel of food (on vacation or otherwise) and I've lost 45 pounds that way. It truly is possible not to be a slave to the calorie count and just work on being mindful.

Guac here's hoping for a great day!

Jennifer congratulations on making your Valentines Day goal!! Yes, definitely, better late than never. More on this below...

Natamars great plan with the running; you will nail this! And congrats on making your Valentines Day goal!!

2fatCats thought of you at the store today. Saw bright blue peeps! Lucky for me, seeing those colors makes my stomach turn... Although I know my boys would love it if I brought Peeps home at some point. Maybe I'll get them as a "going away gift" for them when I leave for Patagonia. Yeah, I'll do that; it's a plan! :bunny:

As for me, I'm very close to making my Valentines Day goal, too. And what I think is so great about this is, for all of us, that these goals are meaningful to us. They are in the forefront of our minds. We are mindfully working towards them and happily scratching them off our lists! Time-based deadlines don't really work for me, I just want to keep plodding forward and get there. I'm one pound away from Valentines Day; it's in my sight! :val1::val1:

And, yet another Tuesday has clicked by which means that I tried on my hiking pants again. They are at the point where, if I tried them on in the store and needed them for the next day, I WOULD BUY THEM!!! Sure, they could still be looser, but THEY TOTALLY FIT!!! Reminder of the back-story, I bought them on 1/15, they were too small, but I thought that if I lost 10 pounds they would fit for the trip in 9 weeks. Well, instead of taking 9 weeks and 10 pounds to fit, they took 5 weeks and 7 pounds. Woo hoo!!!

:cp:

sept2012
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
3 weeks... 6 lbs that is my goal for this challenge. I will weigh 266 (god I still can't believe I am back here... I was 260.2 before Oct). Oh well. Need the accoutablility factor. You guys are all such inspirations.

newleaf123
02-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Sept2012 Put the past behind you. The important thing is that you are here now. Keep checking in. Keep posting. You can do this. :hug:

Zumbachica
02-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Hello my friends. I have missed you all!!! I have been so busy with things going on at work that I haven't had time to obsess about my weight. I'm so down for this challenge, i really can't stand how I look or how I feel....I keep talking about it and getting nothing accomplished.......

My goals for this challenge:

More water down every day!!!!!

Low carb..and this time stick to it!!!!

Cross fit two times a week
Zumba
As soon as snow melts start walking on the beach or around the mall (which could be dangerous because I will wind up shopping...)

I don't like what this divorce is doing to me ....mentally and physically. Every day is a struggle to keep my ahead above water and just survive without having a breakdown....I know that the stress is most probably increasing my levels of cortisol and who knows what else..probably adding to the weight gain. March is going to be the month I go for all my checkups and get them all over with...dentist, doctor, obgyn......if I don't have a designated month for all that junk then it won't happen. Plus I should probably get that all done while I still have insurance because after this divorce who knows what i"ll be doing for medical benefits.

Enough of my problems..i need to catch up with all you lovelies...and need to change my ticker to somethiing more St Patricksy.....

;)

NEMom
02-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Sum - Yes I am still ciggy free. Still suing my ecig but that's okay. Its really only been 2 1/2 months (after smoking for 28 years) so I am going to stick with this method til I feel ready to give it up.

Sending you HUGS Zumba. Divorce sucks I know but it sucks less than being in an unhappy, unhealthy relationship.

Natmars-WOOT WOOT, sending you high fives for your loss!! Keep up the good work girl: RE: Calories - According to MFP I need to keep my calories around 1250 per day. They do vary but I try never to go above 1400. I do NOT enter my exercise into MFP so on the days they are slightly higher I try not to freak out too much.

Newleaf - I am so excited your hiking pants fit! YES! YES! YES! They will probably be too big when your ready to wear them to actually hike. What a nice problem to have.

Hang in there Sept. we are all here for you.

Nothing much to report. Food was good calorie wise. Some of my choices could have been better but I stayed within my limit. Completed another day of the C25K program this morning. During the last 5min running stint, breathing was good but my legs were burning. I bump up to 8 min next time and trying really hard not to physic myself out. I can do it.
I will weigh myself tomorrow. I have stayed off the scale all week on purpose. Hoping for a loss.

Have a great day all!!

Zumbachica
02-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Hello my friends. I have missed you all!!! I have been so busy with things going on at work that I haven't had time to obsess about my weight. I'm so down for this challenge, i really can't stand how I look or how I feel....I keep talking about it and getting nothing accomplished.......

My goals for this challenge:

More water down every day!!!!!

Low carb..and this time stick to it!!!!

Cross fit two times a week
Zumba
As soon as snow melts start walking on the beach or around the mall (which could be dangerous because I will wind up shopping...)

I don't like what this divorce is doing to me ....mentally and physically. Every day is a struggle to keep my ahead above water and just survive without having a breakdown....I know that the stress is most probably increasing my levels of cortisol and who knows what else..probably adding to the weight gain. March is going to be the month I go for all my checkups and get them all over with...dentist, doctor, obgyn......if I don't have a designated month for all that junk then it won't happen. Plus I should probably get that all done while I still have insurance because after this divorce who knows what i"ll be doing for medical benefits.

Enough of my problems..i need to catch up with all you lovelies...and need to change my ticker to somethiing more St Patricksy.....

;)

Zumbachica
02-21-2013, 11:12 AM
NEMOM...good for you for keeping away from the smokes....you gave yourself and the people that love you the greatest gift!

NEWLEAF: good for you for getting into those hiking pants..that's the best feeling..I can't wait to get to goal and start shopping in my own closet again!! I miss my clothes!!!!!

NATAMARS!!!! You reached MY GOAL girl...wish I was there with ya' but I'm over seven lbs away from getting out of the 140s..you're leaving me in the dust..but i'm happy for you!!!

SUM: where are you on vacation, it sounds just divine...that is one thing i'll miss about being married, my winter family vacations.....sun and sand...such a welcome break in the winter, huh? Sorry you don't feel well, see that doctor as soon as you get back....

Lots of hugs to everyone else....I'm going to work out now by mopping the kichen floor! ;)

xoxo:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::goldpot::goldpot:: luck2you::patrick:

Sum38
02-21-2013, 11:21 AM
Not losing nor gaining :)

S158.2
C154.4
G153.2

2FatCats
02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
@ Zumba To quote NEMom: Divorce sucks I know but it sucks less than being in in an unhappy, unhealthy relationship. What she said!

@newleaf Peeps are my nemesis!! Next time I, too, will brave that aisle and show them who is in control! And congrats on the pants!! By the time you leave you're going to need a belt!

@Sep2012 My high weight was 258 so I've been there and back. We've all been there and back again it seems.
To quote F. Scott Fitzgerald: "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” Just think of all the things you have learned that don't work! :D

One week check in: Success on all 3 goals!
Burning about 800+ calories each session, lifting more weight and doing more on-the-ground-proper pushups! I even have a baby bicep and tricep now!
2. Eat on Plan
Averaged 1500 calories - my allotment is 1600 so probably need to eat a bit more - just not that hungry.
Slow and steady, LBM: 118.1, up from 117.6; BF down.

Well, lifted weights already today (hubby is working late) and I really wasn't feeling it. I did it, but it's a lot more fun when Hubs is here.:(
Oh crud - forgot to shovel/sweep the mounds of snow off my front porch. If I don't the mail-lady won't deliver (slot in the door style). Gotta go and burn more calories!

02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21 157.4 (25.0%)
02/28
03/07
03/14
03/17

mboo
02-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Did my weekly weigh in was down 1.6 was hoping for 2 but take it
Sw 215
Cw 213.6
Gw 207 this is for this challenge

newleaf123
02-22-2013, 06:50 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 159.5
Gw 158.x

:val1::val1: I MADE MY VALENTINES DAY GOAL :val1: :val1:

Jennifer1966
02-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Congrats, Newleaf!! You will rock Patagonia!

I held steady at 188.4 this morning, so I am truly in the 180s! I am determined to meet my St. Paddy's goal. Less than 4 lbs!

natamars
02-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Thursday: 1120 calories, 35 min stairclimbing, 45 min Zumba class

I've been to the gym the last 6 days in a row so I'm declaring a day off for myself. Still plan to do the stairs at work. I also feel like I may need some extra calories today..think TOM is approaching.

jennifer, you can do it!!

mboo, 1.6 is an excellent loss - enjoy!

2fc, those are some amazing calorie burns! You must be working your butt off!

sum, 1.2 to go and more than 3 weeks left..you will sail right by your goal!

zumba, remember that you are 2 inches taller than I am so your BMI is still lower than mine! But it was good to see 13x.x again. And you and I have almost the exact same number of lbs to get to goal.

sept, I think most of us here have lost and now gained back and wish we could go back in time..it is what it is and we're still here fighting, which is what counts. I had gotten so close to my goal less than 2 years ago and over the holidays I was back up near my top weight(I was too scared to get on the scale until I'd started tracking for 2 weeks again, so I don't know where I started).

NEMom, do your calories feel low to you? I'm averaging 1350 and getting by but am so hungry at night...

newleaf, love your hiking pants try-ons..what a great idea! You're gonna need a belt for those things soon!

TGIF, all!

NEMom
02-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Not a happy camper today. Stepped on the scale expecting a loss and I am faced with a 2 lb gain. Could be water weight because TOM is right around the corner but still feeling very deflated and discouraged.

Natmars - No, I really do not feel like my calories are too low but obviously I am doing something wrong because the scale is not budging. When I lost the majority of my weight and hit my original goal a year a go, I was doing the same thing I am now only I kept my calories between 1300-1400 and I was losing about 5-6 lbs a month. Because I am smaller than when I started I dropped them a little, still exercising 5 times a week and today I sit 10lbs heavier than my lowest. Morale of the story, obviously do not take advice from me because I am not losing my holiday weight gain.

Sum38
02-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Boo...TOM is playing tricks on me. Each month my cycle has gotten shorter but not this month; it is making me wait and I feel nasty PMS symptoms with it. I can't wait to have this era behind me and all the silly hormonal fluctuations that goes with it.

S 158.2
C 155
G 153.2

Today is a swim day. Last time I swam 35 minutes, I am shooting for 40 min today. It will be beautiful because we are getting some heavy snow...swimming in a snow storm sounds perfect to me :)

guacamole
02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Hello all! I have been missing in action due to family events, kids home, sick kid at home....list goes on. I picked myself up from earlier in the week and did well yesterday. However, I still couldn't bring myself to step on the scale this morning. The coming weekend will be a challenge....meals with family and friends. Should be fun, but I usually overdo things. I need to face the music and step on the scale soon. I have been feeling stressed about a few things and am willing myself not to cave into emotional eating. I feel like I have to stay strong and not give other people power over me by turning to unhealthy food.

Good luck today!

2FatCats
02-22-2013, 10:50 AM
@ NEMom Sorry the scale is a fickle friend! Do you track your body measurements? Those can change and the scale won't show it!

natamars
02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
NEMom, I would be PO'ed if I were you! There is NO WAY you should not be losing on that many calories, and you exercise too! I'm hoping you figure something out soon, maybe playing with protein/carbs/fat, but no matter what you should be losing. I'm averaging 1-1.5 lbs/week on 1350 and a lot of exercise.

guac, stay strong. Any way you can find some time to get some extra exercise to help with the stress? Kudos for not turning to food.

sum, I am so impressed by your swimming, and that does sound therapeutic!

Sum38
02-22-2013, 11:06 AM
NEMom I hear you! We just need to remember that it is just waterweight...but it is HARD!

Guacamole I am the same way. I yield easy to temptations :( Stay strong my friend! :hug:

natamars You are so awesome! I draw strength from your dedication!

Jennifer :woohoo: on 180's!

newleaf123 Congrats on making your goal #1!

mboo A loss is a loss and need to celebrate it :) Congrats!

2FatCats What's your ultimate weight goal? I bet you look awesome right now!

Zumba Are you seeing your Valentine's date anytime soon?

I am sure I missed some, so :wave: to the rest!

LuvCats
02-22-2013, 11:46 AM
It gets frustrating when we are doing everything right and stop losing. On the WW boards I've seen people post about what they call the "Wendie plan." I'm presuming it is a non-sanctioned idea but I really don't know too much about it.... In WW you have say 30 points per day to eat and you figure out all the food you eat based on points instead of calories... the idea of the Wendie Plan is to vary the points daily to "fool" your body that it isn't being deprived. So it goes something like (daily) 30, 32, 38, 30, 40, 30, 34. Maybe the general idea could work with calories too? (I haven't tried the Wendie Plan but I'm thinking of trying it when I hit a plateau. Other people have talked about it working great.)

I'm hitting the road again in a few hours. Already planned out my food. Have a ton of things to do before then so guess I'd better get up and get busy (including exercising, lol).

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

2FatCats
02-22-2013, 11:56 AM
@ SUM Ultimate weight goal: It really truly doesn't matter! I am planning to cut down to at least 20% body fat and then start eating a surplus of calories and building more muscle. I will gain a little fat during the muscle building phase so I want to start as low as I can. I expect to take until the end of April/9 weeks. I figure now I am at 118ish lean, if I don't lose any of the muscle in the process, I need to weigh about 148 (118 lean, 30fat) to hit 20%. If a miracle happens and I gain muscle - I could start building at 150. But I would probably just try and drop to a lower starting bf to give me more of a cushion. It may sound like a low number since I am so tall but you have to remember that I am small-boned. My wrist barely measures 6 inches. And for my height- that's like having bird bones. And as an added bonus- no chest. I can't even hide a few pounds there.
At the end of April when I start the heavier hypertrophy phase of lifting (and will need surplus calories) I expect more body composition changes. I am really counting on inches coming off my waist and hips with this weightlifting gig. I want 2 off my waist and 3 off my hips. And please, no more off my chest....

Zumbachica
02-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi everyone.....this morning was the morning of total disgust on the scale.....and I am finally giving myself the kick in the butt that I deserve to get things going in the right direction! I hate how I look and I hate coming to this forum with no progress! The past few months I have gotten rid of friendships that werent good for me....I feel lighter spiritually..now it's time for me to work on myself physically.....Zumba today and I ate low carb....going to get my water down and take my supplements...tonight I meet a friend for dinner......I'm going to make good choices..keep away from the bread basket....in fact I'm going to look up the restaurant online and see if their menu is posted...

curleycarr
02-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi ALL you Irish Eyes!!

Well these ones are smiling on a bit of a dimmer .....whole family now on antibiotics. Doctor said we have some super bug...Got that new job so I had to start it anyway this week....Luckily it wasn't full days or I would have keeled over. Have just slept for 20 hours straight and you know feeling like I'm on the mend...

So now for the scales.....All due to the illness I'm afraid .....it will go back up over the next few days I'm sure...

SW 186
CW 181
GW 178

Well I'm definitely back ....will be reading over the thread to catch up on all you fabulous ladies!!!!

Zumbachica
02-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Oh my gosh curly..hope you're all better soon!

newleaf123
02-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 158.7
Gw 158.x

Zumbachica
02-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Hello all! I have been missing in action due to family events, kids home, sick kid at home....list goes on. I picked myself up from earlier in the week and did well yesterday. However, I still couldn't bring myself to step on the scale this morning. The coming weekend will be a challenge....meals with family and friends. Should be fun, but I usually overdo things. I need to face the music and step on the scale soon. I have been feeling stressed about a few things and am willing myself not to cave into emotional eating. I feel like I have to stay strong and not give other people power over me by turning to unhealthy food.

Good luck today!

We are soul sistahs, I'm going thru same issues... I have to show restraint at restaurants and celebrations....and emotional eating is my problem....need to stop eating my feelings....the fact that you're aware that you're doing it isa big step to healing....

Sum38
02-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Scale won't budge... I guess I should be happy that it is staying steady considering we are vacationing and TOM (which is already late) should get here soon and I feel bloated and yucky.

S 158.2
C 154.5
G 153.2

Sum38
02-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Heidi OMG...you are almost at goal for this challenge :yay:

Curley So sorry!! :( I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Zumba When will you find out if you got the new job?

2FatCats Sounds like a wonderful plan! I am small boned as well, and I could easily go down to 105-110 pounds and not look "bad" or too skinny, so I know how you feel.

LuvCats Wendie plan sounds interesting! -- I am already frustrated because I have stayed the same weight for a week :lol: BUT I feel I need to do something to trick my body.

Hey, I am keeping up with personals :lol3:

Sending :dust: to all!

Jennifer1966
02-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Totally succumbed to TOM eating today. We went to Cleveland and ate at my favorite brunch place, and my resistance was way down. I'm going to have to buckle down the next few days. The only redeeming action was we walked all over, so I'm hoping some of my poached eggs with spinach and Parmesan cream and brûléed steel cut oatmeal with fruit compote (see why it's my fav brunch spot??) was worked off.
I have come to realize that if I really want to lose the weight I'd like to before summer, I'm going to have to control my restaurant eating and cocktails. I'm just not sure best way to achieve while not feeling too "restricted." There has to be some kind of balance that makes this a lifestyle and not a "diet" that once I stop all the weight comes back.
Sorry I'm ranting, but advice is appreciated.

kelijpa
02-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Hello all, stayed the same this week, miss those whooshes...lol

Jennifer, we've been giving ourselves a treat each weekend, something to look forward to, knowing that what we've planned for a treat is ahead (like chinese buffet today...) makes it easier to stick to the plan during the week. I think as I'm getting in the "20 to go range" it's getting harder to lose, I feel strong and am already in the size jeans I was last time I was at my goal, so I must be in better shape than I was then. Anyway, keep looking for something that'll fits into your lifestyle, don't give up, you'll find it.

I saw Sum mentioned the Wendie plan, it reminds me of Chris Powell's carb cycling, he recommends varying high and low carb days, my understanding of the Wendie is varying higher and lower calorie (or points if you're a WW), I believe in changing it up, diet-wise, we kind of do a Wendie plan during the week, just like with the exercise, I think the acronym is FITT, something like that, varying frequency, intensity, time...something else, I'll have to look it up....dang.. :D type maybe...

Anyway, you're supposedly tricking your body into thinking you're not starving it, so it doesn't go into starvation mode instead it's in burning mode, then when you lower the intake, you're using up your stored "stuff".

Hope I made some sense, getting late....best to all :sunny:

curleycarr
02-24-2013, 05:30 AM
Hi ALL you Irish Eyes...

So impressed with everyone!!! Reading back over all the thread and there's been a lot of hard work done. Respect to Zumba, Natamars, Sum, Jennifer, Mboo, Luvcats, 2fatcats, guac, kelijpa and all the challengers.....( sorry can't quite scroll through the whole thread to the those darn spelllings...)

A huge big well done has to go to newleaf....so happy for you that you smashed your way into the 150's... so well deserved toooo!!

I'm on the mend...feeling quite weak though and probably won't be back to exercising for a good few days yet. Thanks a mil for your good wishes!

Its my eldest's birthday today, nine years old, can't quite believe it....We will get out of our PJ's today and celebrate!!!!

Keep going everyone!!! Springtime awaits.......

natamars
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Friday: 1665 calories, 25 min stairclimbing
Saturday: 1585 calories, 45 min elliptical

Started falling back into old habits last night. Ate a satisfying dinner of whole grain English muffin pizza and salad but then started picking..a few jelly beans, an ice cream bar, 2 cookies..etc. Cut myself off finally but I felt like I could have kept going and going...

curley, glad you're on the mend..take it slow going back into it...

kelijpa, yep, it's going to get harder and slower the closer we get..that is amazing you can fit in those jeans..you must have really built some muscle!

Jennifer, for myself I find that I do best when I completely restrict myself. I have a problem with letting one off meal lead me down a bad path. I know this is not a healthy outlook, but it's something I struggle with. Your meal, though, sounds delicious but does not sound unhealthy..you didn't eat junk.

sum, I'm still in shock that anyone can maintain, let alone lose, while on vacation. When do you get back?

newleaf, you rock..nuff said.

zumba, how was your dinner? Hope you're having a good weekend and staying cheerful in this gross gloomy weather we're having...

2fc, wow..you sound so in tune with your body..how awesome!

luv, a lot of people do wendie or calorie cycling..I try to cycle but a lot of it isn't intentional, it's based on how I feel that day. Not sure if it's helped with weight loss since I've never tried eating the same calories or points every day.

Zumbachica
02-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Natamars, I so know going into old habits all to well...I started drinking diet soda again...eewwww...I should know better.....and although I have been keeping away from sugar for the most part I'm still not losing an ounce..probably due to the high amount of carbs in my diet and not enough workouts......this has definitely been lazy mode winter, I am hoping that spring weather wakes up these bones and I get my mojo back.

SUM: staying the same is always better than gaining. YOu asked about the job, well there are two of them. One I have to audition for on March 1...the other I have to make up a whole DVD etc and send in to the company. It is a very presitigious high profile position and If I get it I will be so happy, I also will be under pressure to lose weight and get fit......no small task considering how much I let myself go.

Newleaf: you are almost there girl, all you have to do is get a hair cut or eat some fiber and "go" and you'll be there...LOL.....I admire you so much, wish I could say I had your motivation..but you are inspiring the rest of us.....

Zumbachica
02-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Top O' the Mornin' to You all! Time for my daily whine...i call it that because that is how I feel...or what I feel I do when I come here. No progress to report...just sort of coasting.....I am too afraid to get on the scale....

Friday night I went to dinner with my friend, she was taking me out for my bday but we were really celebrating the fact that she beat cancer. a SECOND TIME..her pet scan came back clear. I managed to eat well, told the waiter no potatoes just extra spinach with my short ribs...but then I had a creme brulee for dessert.....once again I fell off the wagon, my butt has hit the ground so many times falling off that wagon I now wear padded underwear.....it is getting to the point of why do I bother?

I have a pair of jeans that I bought from WHBM , really pretty with rhinestones and embroidery on the pockets....but they are a much larger size than what i'm used to wearing and these are my go to jeans....as much as I love them I can't wait to get rid of them......and start wearing my clothes again..I"m tired of getting dressed by camouflaging stuff.....I just want to pull whatever I want out of my closet and GO!

I need to get a "plan" going....because I am starting to get used to being this weight, I"m starting to accept it..and once I do that then I know it will just get worse.......

So here I am......whining again. No carbs today except for vegetables. Will do my DVD today..thanks for listening ladies.....

newleaf123
02-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 158.1
Gw 158.x

Sum38
02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
TOM is finally here and brought .5 pound with it. BooHoo! What sucks; today is my official weigh-in day :(

SW 158.2
CW 155
GW 153.2

newleaf123
02-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Zumba Keep your head up, that's all I can say. As long as you keep trying, you keep winning. You know this, but it's worth repeating, don't get comfortable. As much as you like those new jeans, work to ditch them!!! Ugh. You can do this. You know it. I know it. :hug: I know the feeling of not making progress, of not having anything "new" to report, being stuck in the same loop of disappointment. But the important thing is to keep coming back, to keep trying. When I finally gave up and stopped trying and stopped coming back to 3FC, I put on 50 pounds. So, just keep trying. Okay?

NEMom Congrats on still being cigarette free; that is awesome!! Glad to hear the C25k is working for you! Try not to let the mini-gain deflate you... but I know the feeling all so well... :hug:

Sum38 Your experience this vacation has been so awesome!! Really, what an achievement, to maintain your weight while away!! You *know* that weigh-in today was just a momentary blip... a sucky one, sure, but just momentary. Next week it will be gone and then some. Don't race to get to the other side on menopause... I lost all my hormones 3 years ago, and the state of the nation ain't so great in that department... And yeah, look at you keeping up with personals!! Sweet!

2fatCats You are doing so well. Keep it up!! Your focus on fat loss is inspiring... I think that once I come back from Patagonia I'll start focusing more on the fat / muscle equation...

mboo Congrats on being down!

Jennifer Congrats on dropping down into the 180s!! And not just barely; you are firmly there. Wahoo! Don't beat yourself up over the Cleveland meal... It's just a meal, right? And a yummy one at that!! I have to say, I almost never go to restaurants anymore because nothing there is healthy. So now I just get a dry salad, with all the high-calorie stuff picked off, and end up very depressed paying $13+ for a crummy salad when I could have had a wonderful one at home for a lot less. Ugh.

natamars I love reading about your exercise every day. Talk about dedication, especially with the stair climbing in the office! I read something in the WSJ on Friday that the "new thing" is to try to race up the stairs in the tallest buildings in the world, most of which are now in Asia. You should set your sights, girl!! I hear you about old habits; I was falling into them last night. Frankly, I was surprised to find the scale down again today.

guac I hope you're having a good, balanced weekend...

luvCats I know it sounds trite, but it's true. "Failing to plan is planning to fail" It's great that you head out the door with your food planned out!

curleyCarr I hope that the bug that raced through your house is stomped out now! Happy Birthday to your 9 year old!! Thanks for your congrats; you make a great cheerleader!!

Kelijpa Nice to see you!

Okay, I'm beginning to feel like a bit of an imposter here. I don't know why the weight all of a sudden is coming off so quickly. It makes me feel like an imposter and it makes me want to go off plan to slow it down. I've done that before. I'm trying very hard not to let it "scare" me and to just go with the flow. As I'm sure I've said umpteen times, I have no hormones so this is no TOM whoosh or anything. Sure, I was really careful with eating last week and probably had more of a calorie deficit than usual (I don't count). But yesterday I didn't feel like my eating was on track (sabotage??) and I was still down this morning. Now my fear is that I'm losing muscle; I haven't lifted weights in 2 weeks, since before that tetanus shot. But really, could I lose that much muscle that quickly? I'm afraid I'm beginning to overthink this, and am working very hard to just go with the flow. Ugh, why are even the "good times" emotionally difficult??

newleaf123
02-24-2013, 12:13 PM
sweettay, Trisha, Elaine hope you are doing well. Chime in with an update when you can.

sept2012 hope all is well with you, and you are finding your mojo!

2FatCats
02-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Newleaf: I overthink stuff, too. Then I overthink if I am overthinking the overthinking! We're just thorough, that's all!:D

My thoughts: Doubtful that you are losing muscle that fast! But - muscles tend to hold onto water, especially when you are lifting weights. If I lift heavier (like yesterday) - I am up a half pound the next day. So ---maybe after not lifting/exercising - your body has decided to let some water go since the muscles don't need it as badly. Fancy way to say...water weight! I read somewhere that if you lose/gain more than half lb in a normal day, chances are it is just water weight fluctuations. Oh - and way to go on the uber-great cholesterol!

newleaf123
02-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Water weight!! I never thought of that!! I typically associate gaining water weight with eating a really salty meal, and then losing the water weight by drinking lots and lots of water to flush it. So this "not lifting" scenario doesn't fit my mental model at all. But I bet you are right!! Awesome!! Thanks!!

Zumbachica
02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
NewLeaf, 2fatcat is right.......lifting does stuff to the water weight composition to your body....has to do with glycolysis or some stuff like that (forgot all that from my AFAA exam).....

I hate to sound like Freud...but there may be some kind of psychological reason for you not embracing your weight loss...I know that I was purposely holding on to my weight because of traumatic events....I hid behind my fat the way I hid behind clothes that were always bigger than I was. I was in my twenties and dressing like I was 75. I'm not saying this is what your problem was, but don't be afraid..celebrate your weight loss, you worked hard for it!!!!

natamars
02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Sunday: 1350 calories(writing this now so I don't eat any more!), 5.6 mi run(go, me!!), .8 mi warmup walk

So, so sick of this weather! Cold, damp, dreary, rain, snow. Ran outside for the first time in weeks..it was cold and damp, but bearable.

newleaf, the water theory makes sense to me, and I've spoken with other people who had the same experience of losing weight when they stopped working out. I doubt you've lost muscle, but I don't think it takes much more than 2 or 3 weeks before that does start to happen.

sum, BOO TOM!

zumba, don't be so hard on yourself, you're still here fighting..look at all the positive choices you did make at dinner. I can't wait to hear about the jobs..so exciting!

newleaf123
02-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 159.4
Gw 158.x

Zumbachica
02-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Nat: definitely was a dreary weekend, but today the sun is shining and the birds are singing.....I'm psyched to put in a good week and soak up some of that vitamin D...good for you for running outside......I wish I had the gusto to do that but I don't......theres a mud run in riverhead in May that I want to do.....but I can't run so that could be a problem...LOL...

Zumbachica
02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Good morning all...it is a new week and a full moon...not sure if that is good or bad but one can only hope.

I feel very motivated today to get with the program. I'm going to cross fit tonight which is supposed to be a killer workout....I"m scared....I hope that I don't make a fool out of myself......its the beginners class...

right now I have to go to my Zumba classes....

Upping the protein and tryng once again to lose the weight the low carb way...no sugar....water water water!!!!!! So tired of feeling sorry for myself....I was starting to believe that for whatever reason it is impossible for me to lose weight.....too old, perimenopausal, hormonally off balanced....cortisol infused.....then my friend Cassie sent me a pic of herself, she is over sixty and has muscles....I can't blame age on how I look, I need to own it...I let myself go.....I let emotions and stress destroy me....but I won't let that happen anymore....

And I have all you chicks to help me get back to where I need to be!!

Have to get ready for my classes....later chicas!! Everyone have a great day.....Lets wear green and have a green beer on St Paddy's day being a little smaller, a lot healthier and happier!!!

LuvCats
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Well yesterday was bad eating wise. Saturday was decent save for the anniversary cake I had (but oh soooo worth it yum!). Had another piece of the German chocolate cake yesterday with breakfast. Last night I gave in to corn dogs but stuck with wheat thins reduced calorie and not fries at least and relatively low cal pudding vs. ice cream. So today back to behaving, lol... It will be interesting to see what the scale says in the morning. I'm hoping for same as last week but if not oh well. Ha ha next Tuesday I'm sure won't be after Vegas.

Come on Zumba, Nat, Newleaf, 2Fatcats, NEMom, Sum, Curley, Keilij, Guac, Jennifer and all the rest of you we can do it!! Think thin!! Lol. Have a great day everyone!!

newleaf123
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Went back to the gym today for the first time in 2 weeks; felt GREAT to be back!! Although, I definitely lost strength in that amount of time. I moved down 5 pounds in the dumb bells that I use. But it's okay. I'm in it for the long haul. Plus, when I go to Patagonia, that will be 14 days of no arm exercises so I'm sure I'll be pretty much starting over when I get back. Hopefully I'll come back with stronger legs, though, and better fitness. 84 miles of hiking in 7 days? I better...

Jennifer1966
02-25-2013, 08:40 PM
DH and I walked the dogs almost 2 miles tonight. Hopefully we wil get back in the habit of doing tis regularly. It felt great to get some exercise.

natamars
02-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Monday: 1465 calories, 35 min stairclimbing

Was feeling really beat last night, so I skipped the gym. Still tired today and my throat is scratchy..hope I'm not coming down with something. And still no sign of TOM, which is weird.

Jennifer, that sounds like fun!

newleaf, great job getting back. I HAVE to start working on my strength training again..I keep putting it off

luv, hope your weigh-in went well. I'm a chicken, I usually avoid the scale for a few days after eating anything off-plan

zumba, it's definitely harder, but we're way too young to give up! I was reading a thread the other day..one of the women on it was 86 and still posting until recently, and maintaining her weight at 130 lbs. A cancer survivor, too. We can do this!

Zumbachica
02-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Natamars: try and nip that cold in the bud before it starts...it may also be an allergy thing, I know my eyes have been scratchy and I'm sneezy....you can't get sick now, Ain't nobody got time for that!!!:p

Jennifer: I wish I had a dog so it would FORCE me to go out and walk them...it is good for the dog and for you!!!!! The fact that you can do it with your husband is just the icing, because conversation makes the walk go faster, eh?

Newleaf: I love hiking and I think what you have planned sounds awesome...congrats for being back at the gym!!!

Luvcats: no way could i ever pass on cake or corn dogs....good for you for indulinging, you had something to celebrate and that is what those foods are for.....now bag on the wagon with you missy!

Zumbachica
02-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Hey all, went to cross fit last night...it was a killer workout . I felt so out of place there with all these muscle girls, and i had on baggy schleppy crunchy pants I wear to go hiking instead of the cute gym clothes I own but refuse to wear now....the instructor helped me so much, especially with pull ups....OMG it was comical!! But i"m going to keep going. I also got a big tub of protienzyne to have as a meal replacement....I asked my body building friend which ones taste the best and she recommended this one and this flavor...it is very low carb and low fat...

All and all i'm really psyched about this, thinking about signing up for a mud race but not sure if I have enough time to train. Also the man friend I have currently (blush^^^) wants to work out with me and do the race with me....I'm a bit intimidated by that but at the same time think it is great to have met someone that has some of the same interests as me and wants to do cool stuff with me, not just sit around and drink.

I dropped a bit in on the scale..finally!!! For a while there I was getting worried that it wasn't physically possible....not a huge swoosh but it will do...I think drinking more water yesterday helped.....I also kept my calories on the low end as well as carbs. Gotta keep going.....")

newleaf123
02-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Sw 163.1
Cw 161.7
Gw 158.x

Water weight?? Or jelly bean weight??? Hmmm, I'm thinking a combination of the 2. Back to work... I guess this is where I prefer to be -- in a position of working my way down. These random fast drops make me giddy and make me feel out of control. Minds are weird things.

NEMom
02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I haven't checked in for a while. No loss on the scale even had a gain due to overeating this weekend.
Hit the reset button this week. I have decided to try some calorie cycling to see if I can jump start my weight loss. Yesterday I did the C25K program and ate about 1250 calories. Today was an easier workout and I my goal is to keep my calories between 800-900 calories. Wish me luck as I have never kept my calories that low before. I have already talked to my DH about dinner do I know I will be eating low cal high protein for dinner tonight.
This may be a stupid question but is drinking sugar free iced tea the same as water? For the past 6 months or so I have switched to drinking iced tea at work in place of my water because I thought I read on hear it was the same?? I wonder if this is true? I get sick of water so decided to force myself to drink water before tea just to see if there is a difference. Opinions????

LuvCats
02-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Nat & Zumba. I agree we have to indulge sometimes. Now I am back on the wagon for today... ha ha tomorrow not so much. Will be immediately when I come back from Vegas though. It's not as bad as I thought... I'm less than a pound up.

NEMom: Personally I'd say keep up with the tea. I think there is a great debate about artificial sweeteners. Many people say they sabotage the weight loss process by making you crave more sweets. Personally I feel they help me. I get to enjoy my diet soda/lemonade plus of course ice cream bars, pudding, etc. that I am choosing to skip. (Granted, I'm assuming you mean sweetened ice tea.) IMO do whatever you feel works for you!

Sum38
02-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Okee we are home, and scale jumped 5 pounds :( I hate TOM and flying, ugh!

2FatCats
02-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Okay ladies:

I started a new thread with measurements...trying to reclaim the Power of The Scale ! In the last three weeks I've lost three pounds BUT: 3/4 inch off each: waist, belly and hips! Take that you selfish lying little scale.

Jennifer1966
02-26-2013, 03:49 PM
CW: 188.2

I'm slowly going down, hoping for a little whoosh in next couple of days as I finish TOM, but I'm not holding my breath. I have to run errands, but I hope to have time for personals later! We have a little less than 3 weeks to reach our goals--together we can do this!!

Sum38
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
For Zumba

This is a flatbelly chili and it is YUMM-O!

Crock Pot Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Turkey Chili
Submitted by: LERBICELLA

Introduction
A sweet little twist on the classic turkey chili...
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 150
Number of Servings: 5

Ingredients

1 Package - 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey (I use Shday Brook Farms, which only comes in 1.23 lb, or about 3 lb pacakges. I use the 1.23 lb package for this recipe)
1 can - Kidney beans (do not drain liquid)
12 oz. - Any tomato sauce (homemade or jar)
1/2 jar - Old El Paso Fresh Mexican Style Smooth Pineapple Chile Salsa
5 oz. - Crushed Pineapple (I use Dole crushed pineapple in juice)
Chili Powder (as much or as little as suits your taste)
My personal add ons; onions and corn.

Directions
- Brown the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- Top with low fat sharp cheddar or fat free sour cream, if it suits you.

Tip: This dish tends to have a little kick to it due to the Pineapple Chile Salsa, so if you prefer something a little less spicy, I recommend skipping the extra chili powder.

Makes approximately 5-6 servings.

Number of Servings: 5

guacamole
02-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Quick check-in - braved the scale after a bad long weekend of eating and I am up to 156. Ugh! When am I going to get serious about my goal? Eating has been so-so today.

Good luck, everyone!

guacamole
02-27-2013, 08:02 AM
This morning I weighed in at 155. I am wrestling with the same pound! Here's Hoping for a good day.

natamars
02-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Tuesday: 1420 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 30 min elliptical

TOM better freaking get here soon because I am EXHAUSTED. It took everything I had to drag my butt to the gym last night, and I barely managed 30 min on the elliptical without falling over. I had been planning to run, but no way was that happening. Hopefully I'll feel up to it tonight, but based on how I feel now, I don't know.

And I am so sick of this winter. This morning it was POURING rain and windy. Awful. Dreary. I don't remember the last time I saw sunlight. I think we had an hour or so of it yesterday, but I was stuck in the office.

I will stop b!tching now and get back to work. Check in w/ all later.

curleycarr
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi ALL you Irish Eyes....

Well last day on the antibiotics, feeling a lot better and things are back on an upward swing... enjoying my new contract and 3 people said the 4 magic words this morning.....Have you lost weight???

Yes indeed I said ....thanks for asking....as I skipped my way through the kids school dropoff!!!

Its all about the food now for me as I won't be exercising until next week...couldn't deal with a relapse...I'd be away with the fairies...and even though this is a St Paddy's Day Challenge they are not known for their kindness....

I feel I might be up weight wise so I'll avoid the scales until Friday methinks....

I so miss my running Natamars.....I've got to get back out there!!!

Keep going everyone!!! :D:D Irish Eyes on the Prize!!!! :cupgold:

NEMom
02-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Well the scale was back down to 166 this morning. I am not jumping up and down because I don't quite understand why it was at 168 last week but at least I am not up again.

I am trying calorie cycling. Yesterday was suppose to be my low day, I was trying to keep them around 800 but ended up at 1010. Tomorrow I will add more protein to see if I can get them any lower on my low days.
Continuing with the C25K program. Ran (really jogged) for 20 minutes straight today, I feel very good about this.

Have a great day all!!!

Sum38
02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Yup that scale in Whistler was off :( I am sad that I gained 2 pounds vacationing, but oh well. It was a vacation and eating was off....

SW 158.2
CW 159.6
GW 153.2

We got about 8 inches of snow last night, so walking won't be happening, but I think I will hop on my elliptical and sweat there for 30-45 min.

2FatCats
02-27-2013, 11:21 AM
@natamars You mentioned being exhausted and not having seen the sunlight in forever...maybe your vitamin D is low? I live about 30 miles from Candian border and my sis lives on LI and up here we have even less sun than you guys! I have bloodwork every other month (thanks AS) so when mine dips, the doc gives me an Rx for it. If it's winter and I'm over-tired and listless/blah...that's my first suspect.

@NEMom Celebrate those 2 pounds!

@curleycarr Glad you feel better and WooHoo on folks noticing! A little validation never hurts, eh?

@Sum Lying selfish scales. Just think - instead of walking you can shovel snow! Way more calories!:D We had snow last night that turned to slush by 0900. What fun that was this am - shoveling/pushing that heavy wet mush. I just tell myself that the heavier the snow, the greater metabolic burn.

@Guac If only wrestling those pounds burned calories. *sigh*
Take that pound to the mat!

Have a Great Day All!

newleaf123
02-27-2013, 05:02 PM
NEMom Good luck with the calorie cyclying. Just promise to listen to your body if you find that your restricted level is too low... As for the diet iced tea? Well, lots of raging debates on that, I'm sure. If you like it and it's not slowing you down, then I don't see a reason to change. So great that you ran for 20 min straight!! :carrot:

Sum38 So sorry that your home scale and vacation scale disagree about the number. But it was still great that you kept weighing on vacation since it held you accountable and gave you directional data. 8" of snow, that's a lot!

2FatCats Love all the measurements! I only measure in 3 spots: waist, belly, hips, and then I only write down a new set of measurements when all 3 have dropped.

Jennifer Glad to read that your numbers are going down.

Guac I hope you're having a great day!

Natamars I hear you; I'm ready for spring already!! Daffodils are starting to poke up from the ground, which is always exhilerating to see.

CurleyCarr Glad to hear you're feeling better!! And it's a great feeling to have people take notice, eh?

Here, I'm doing a little "faking it until I make it". I feel like my interest in weightloss is waning, and I just can't let that be. Today I forced myself out for a walk (that little ticker of exercising 250 times is motivating) and as soon as I stepped outside, I noticed it was raining. Yeah, I could have gone back in and gotten a raincoat, but I felt like if I went back in, it would be too easy to just not go back out. So, I made a mental note that I should plan better for the weather and just went for my 49-min walk (whose counting??) regardless. My new avatar photo is from that walk.

Zumbachica
02-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Hello My Lassies.....what a day! Was swamped with a project that i needed so I could apply for the new job so I was in front of my computer all day.....finally figured it out...what an ordeal...

SUM: thank you for that recipe..I'm going to make it this weekend.

NEWLEAF: If I saw one drop of rain I would have high tailed it back into the house and had coffee ...LOL....good for you girl for taking that walk and you look cute as button in that picture!

Natamars: I hear ya on this weather girl. I take vitamin D but I don't think it works , not when the weather has been this dreary for this long...I wish I owned one of those light boxes but knowing me i"d never take the time to sit in front of it. They had it at BJ's but I was too cheap to buy it.

NEMOM: let me know how that cycling goes, I know people who have had success on that....I like to cycle carbs, but I have friends that cycle calories and it works for them. It only makes sense, keep that body guessing !!

CURLEYCAR; glad you are feeling better...

Zumbachica
02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi All.....

Having a cup of coffee and trying to digest the sushi we had for dinner before I get ready to go to cross fit. I am so sore from doing it the other night, I literally feel like I pulled something in my abdominals....I'm almost afraid to go again tonight...

I had low carbs for most of the day , but the kids wanted sushi tonight and I was too lazy to cook..and they delivered....I'm feeling kind of guilty now, because I wonder what the carb count was on the white rice..and I know the soy sauce is going to bloat me but it's done.....

I have court tomorrow.....I hate every second of it. I just wish my husband would stop being ridiculous and we could end this thing and be on our way.....I have anxiety, but i'm not going to eat my feelings....I coiuld easily do that now....I was driving by Dunkin donuts yesterday and wanted to stop in there for a brownie batter donut so badly.....control, control control. I have to say the protein shake I had for lunch was really good.....it takes like a peanut butter cookie...

Well onward and upward...and hopefully the scale will go downward..trying to psych myself up for this cross fit madness...

kelijpa
02-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Hello all,
Went a little hog wild on the rotisserie chicken we had for dinner, luckily it was a small bird...lol...all day I kept myself in line by thinking the end of the month is tomorrow, so far I'm at a 2 lb. loss, I really weigh in on Fridays, but still like to see from the 1st to the end of the month.

It's getting harder to squeeze these lbs. off. Sounds like alot of us have the same issues, the weather, lack of sun, not being able to get outside as much.
NewLeafgreat pic out in the elements, I didn't go out today, like Zumba, I'm digesting right now, before I hit the treadmill, I was out yesterday though, all bundled up, I get home and peel off the parka and the sweaty clothes underneath, so weird to be cold and sweating at the same time.

Having a good week so far, liquid donuts every other day instead of every day :D little tweaks...lol

Getting in 4 miles just about everyday, so am proud of that.
Sum I think only 2 lbs. while on vacation is great, don't beat yourself up too hard.

Time to renew the NewYear's Resolutions!
best to all :sunny:

Sum38
02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Lots of stress in our lives right now...we are closing on our home next Tuesday and have not find a place to live yet. We put a bid on a house again; expecting there to be another 20 other bids :( So our stuff is going into a storage and we will be living with my inlaws until we'll find a house. -- Luckily my in-laws live in a 8000sq ft home so we won't be crowded. BUT, I started stress eating yesterday :(

S 158.2
C 160
G 153.2

Boo! :(

mboo
02-28-2013, 08:34 AM
So frustrated i am only down .8 was hoping for 2.
Lw 213.6
Cw 212.8

2FatCats
02-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Morning All! We're almost past the halfway point!

Weekly check in: Success on all 3 goals!
Still burning about 800+ calories each session, lifting more weight and doing more on-the-ground-proper pushups!
2. Eat on Plan - 80 days straight on plan!
Bumped my calories up by about 50 a day - up to 1550 now. Adding another 50 this week (few grams more protein).
Slowly but surely!

02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21 157.4 (25.0%)
02/28 155.8 (24.4%)
03/07
03/14
03/17

Jennifer1966
02-28-2013, 11:13 AM
CW: 187.6

18 days left! Even with all of our challenges and obstacles, we can do this. Remember, we are the 40 something St. Paddy's Day Challenge group (at least that is what I tell myself every time I have a setback :) ). Erinn go Brach!

newleaf123
02-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Did a 7-mile hike today in the low 30s, wet snow falling the whole time.

natamars
02-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Wednesday: 1350 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 3 mi on treadmill(1 jogging 2 walking)

Still playing with the same lb..hoping for a whoosh once TOM gets moving

new, I am IMPRESSED!!! Did you enjoy it?

Cheer us on, jen!

2fc, you are an inspiration! rock on!

mboo, that's ok, it's going in the right direction, keep posting!

sum, better to have no house than 2! But living with the in-laws does not sound fun :-(

kelijpa, great job getting in 4 miles a day, wish I were doing as well

zumba, hope things went OK today. I had to go into Manhattan today for a funeral and thought about you when I was stuck in Penn for over an hour after missing my train. Luckily we went for a very yummy and satisfying lunch after the funeral and I was still full. But going into that place hungry is a nightmare! And they were giving away free samples of everything!

guacamole
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in much....I am really struggling with a bad case of the blues. I think it is a combo of a few personal challenges, lack of sunshine, lack of exercise, and eating the wrong kinds of foods. I am tracking my calories which is positive...I have been averaging 1500-1600 when I am aiming for 1200-1300. I stepped on the scale to 157 this morning. I am just so frustrated, but I know I need to step it up if I want to see a change.

Thanks so much to all of you who regularly post. It is so nice to have a place to come to even if only to read about other women with similar struggles.

natamars
02-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Thursday: 1420 calories, 55 min Zumba class

I thought about you ladies when I went to lunch today. I sat at a Mexican restaurant with a bowl of chips right in front of me and did not partake. I ordered a vegetarian burrito with no cheese, sour cream, or guac. It was quite delicious and I don't go out to eat often, so almost anything for me is a treat. I also stuck to water, which was tough because they had all these Mexican sodas that sounded delicious..I love soda but don't drink it often.

guac, I feel your frustration through your post. I've been feeling it too. My calories have crept up and the scale is stuck. Shouldn't we be able to lose on 1500/day? I can't imagine we should be GAINING on that right? That is too depressing to think about.

We have to remember that spring is coming and we'll want to have kept up with this when it's time to take out the spring wardrobe...it will get better.

2FatCats
02-28-2013, 09:54 PM
@New 7 miles??? In the snow??? AMAZING!
Maybe if my car broke down on the side of the road...and my cell phone wasn't working...and I only had a few hours left to collect my $$ millions in lottery winnings.:D

Jennifer1966
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
I think I have had my post-TOM mini whoosh! I'm now just hoping it stays off!

CW: 186.2

Less than 2 pounds from my St. Paddy's Goal, as long as I don't self-sabotage, I will make it!

Guac: I certainly understand your frustration. We could certainly use some sunshine here. I am so sick of the gray; it's depressing.

Newleaf: 7 miles in the snow is impressive. I would probably end up like a character in a Jack London novel.

Nat: Fantastic job at the restaurant! I cannot resist those chips! I have even taken baby carrots to dip in the salsa, but those warm chips are a huge weakness for me.

Sum: You did great on vacation!

Everyone else, Have a fantastic Friday!

newleaf123
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement on my hike yesterday! Going out in the rain/snow mix didn't really appeal to me but I told myself, "When I pull open the tent flap in Patagonia and see crummy weather, curling back up inside the tent with a cup of coffee won't be an option. So get going!!"

Actually, the hike turned out to be perfect because it enabled me to test my layering strategy, making sure that I would stay warm and dry in all conditions. And I did! The only thing I couldn't emulate was the high winds, but 2 of my layers are windstoppers, so I should be okay.

Off to REI today to pick up a few remaining things...

KG123
03-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Daylight Savings next weekend already??!! :fr:
Curse you winter weight! Went to a wedding in New Orleans in October last year at goal weight and it has been aaallll downhill since then!

Have not gotten on scale yet but my goals for March = 10/pounds.

1. Stick to diet regime. It has worked before!
2. Start walking again...why do I live in New England?? I hate winter!
3. Actually try the rowing machine (and the treadmill, and the recumbent bike...there's a literal gym in my own house! And not even in the basement!
4. No binging on weekends!
5. Make a dentist appointment (by writing this I'm hoping to shame mysef into actually doing this!)

Good Luck to everyone! :cool:

curleycarr
03-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Jennifer
Natamars
Newleaf
Sum
Zumba
2fatcats
KG123
Guac

curleycarr
03-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Well ALL those Irish Eyes....are we smiling yet....

Personally I'm in great form. my groggy sick mist has lifted....its a gorgeous day here and I'm back in the game of life!!! I'm in deep meditation (aaah!) as I will be having my sons 9th birthday party in a few hours....18 kids....is a go big or go home type day...no stepping back from this one!!

OK on the weight front ...not soo good...I'm up!!!

186SW
184CW +2
178GW

It just shows me how much the whole exercise thing helps me in losing weight... but I'm starting slowly next week again....which I'm really looking forward to...

So I've been reading ....

Jennifer - You are doing soo well...you own those 180's!!!
Natamars - you are an inspiration with all the consistant exercising you do...keep going!!
Newleaf- lovin the new pics...its as if we are on the hike with you....well not quite ...aah yes if only you could get other people to do your exercise for you...I know not the right attitude!!
Sum...things do sounds a tad stressful for you right now...keep focused as best as you can ...you can do it!!!
Zumba...thinking of you...sending you lots of good thoughts and of course I now want a cup of coffee bad after reading your message...
2fatcats....Respect!!! YOU ARE DOING IT....
KG123....great job on your new goals...all you need is the wind at your back and you'll be off!!
Guac....here comes the sun ...its my daughters favorite song at the mo ...just you wait and seeeee...
kelijpa....hog wild ( rem those 18 19 year olds) will be my two words of the day...I love it....great job on the weight loss!!

I'm signing off now....take good care of yourselves and give yourself a non foodie treat ....remember you deserve it!!!!

newleaf123
03-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi, guys. No personals since I'm on my phone. But checking in. All is well. I'm really amazed by the mental component. I'm the kind of person where I'm all in, or I'm not, and that's what I need to work on. When I set my mind to something, I do it, and have always been successful. Oh, but how to maintain the all in mindset? I can't, and then I stumble. I always need a new challenge or goal.

I bought an AWESOME dress to fly to Patagonia in. It fits perfectly, I'm excited to wear it, and now I'm determined to remain true to my plan until that trip so it fits perfectly when I get on that plane. I guess I just always need something concrete and near term to keep me going, which is precisely what makes maintenance difficult.

I've done these trips before - a trek to Macchu Picchu. A trip to Alaska. Both times I gained weight once I got back. Luckily I have enough data points to know this. So I need to find it within me to not allow this to happen upon my return from this trip. I'll be looking to you guys for support!

natamars
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
I haven't tracked my calories the last 2 days..going to estimate 1600 yesterday and 1400 today. No exercise yesterday, but just got back from 7.2 miles, 6.4 jogging and a .8 mi warmup walk.

I have to get back to journaling tomorrow. It's going to be a crazy day..have a 90 minute drive to a christening and then have to rush back for DS's basketball game in the late afternoon.

newleaf, I am so excited for you! You are going to have such an amazing time.

curley, how did the party go? Did you have it at your house? If so you are a brave woman!

KG, you're back now and that's what counts! The weather will start to change soon, and everything will get better.

Jennifer, YAY on the whoosh! you're doing great.

curleycarr
03-03-2013, 03:09 AM
TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU!!!

I'm back and in one piece....kids party was fairly hog wild!!

Natamars can't do the house thing anymore...I love just walking away at the end no mess no fuss....so it was the movies and food afterwards....12 boys and 6 girls, myself and DH. It's the start of party season in my house, one down two to gooo....

So I'm off out to exercise this morning, I'm going to start with a brisk walk.....my cough is just about gone so I don't want to reignite it with a run....

Happy Sunday everyone from the EMERALD ISLE
.....:luck2you::luck2you::luck2you::luck2you:

natamars
03-03-2013, 08:08 AM
curley, I am SO with you on the party thing. We were actually at a movie party yesterday, and have 2 more in the next week! DS turns 10 on the 15th..he'll be having his party at a mini-golf/go-kart place the first week in April..praying that the weather gets better by then! It's been SO cold and we had snow again last night!

Scale was FINALLY down this morning - Woot! 1.4 to go for the challenge!

kelijpa
03-03-2013, 08:55 AM
We had snow again this morning, in fact still snowing, disheartening, got to get that out of my head.
Took a great hike with the snowshoes yesterday, but was really hoping that was the end, I'll do another one today, maybe this will be it, it's supposed to get into the 40s and stay there this week, so we'll have a bit of a muddy mess, but hopefully will see something other than white stuff.

Had a great weigh-in, killed it at the movies with popcorn and then with dinner last night, but back on track today, getting into Sunday being the get back on track day rather than the continuation of weekend treating.

HOLY COW, St. Pat's is only 2 weeks away!

NewLeaf, I'm with you on the "all-in" mentality, I'm afraid of it going away and the "all-out" taking it's place, especially after I get to goal. That's why I added the Mark Twain quote, "everything in moderation, including moderation" I'm hoping I can remain sensible, I feel so good, I don't want to go back.

LuvCats
03-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Morning all! I'm back! I've gone back over all the posts but am not going to attempt to comment. Just know I celebrated with the good and commiserated with the frustrations. Hang in there! Keep it up! and speaking to myself get back to it!

Vegas was wonderful. I ate and ate and ate some more. We also walked and walked and walked. Yesterday we walked from Treasure Island almost to Caesar's Palace and back (including across the street). Plus walked around other casinos. Lol as DH said we spent far more on food than on gambling. He wasted a total of $66 and I donated to LV a total of $32.

I am back on track this morning (we got home about midnight). I do a candy bar left from Ethel M Chocolates I'm going to eat today but after that no more. Will find out Tuesday how bad a hit this was.

newleaf123
03-03-2013, 02:24 PM
kelijpa Your and my tickers are eerily similar... We are both so close, and in the same mental space. We can do this!!! And the THIS is keeping it off for good... not the reaching of our goal number.

Zumbachica
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi all....I'm pretty frustrated...no swooshes for me. I can't say that I'm taking in a lot of calories, eating junk food or mega amounts of carbs. it's just so hard lately and I'm starting to wonder what I am going to have to do to make this happen.

Friday I went into Manhattan for a dance event and danced my tushie off....I must have burned a ton of calories.....i figured with that and my two nights of cross fit there would be some kind of loss....grrrrrrrrrr.........

I'm thinking about this week and what I can do better..how I can do it better....I"m going to go food shopping now and try and buy the things I need to do the BFC fast track...hopefully I can make some strides this week..I"m so afraid that I may get to the pont of frustration and give up, and once that happens I'll be spiraling out of control and be overweight and unhealthy when I get to my mom's age. The greatest gift we can give ourselves is the gift of taking care of ourselves.

guacamole
03-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Zumba - had to pop in to say that I am right there with you! I feel myself giving up - fingers slipping off the ledge little by little. However, I am trying to remember how awful I felt when I was heavier, and am hoping that fear of getting back to that place will help me turn this around. ((hugs to you!))

newleaf123
03-04-2013, 08:25 AM
zumba & guac I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you... I wish I was one of those people that could write a really upbeat, encouraging, motivational post. But I'm not. What I will say is this, though: what ever you do, don't let go. You have accomplished so much. You know that your health is worth fighting for. You've attained great, healthy weights. Even if it takes fighting tooth and nail, you want to stay there!! Losing more is great, but don't lose sight of how far you've come. I have been where you are. And I did let go of the ledge. And it wasn't pretty. How I wish I had hung on... I hope I have the determination to hold on next time, if I find myself there again. Be my role models, okay?

guacamole
03-04-2013, 12:29 PM
newleaf - thanks for the encouraging words. I did go on a sunny 2 mile hike today through snow and ice on the trail. Felt good to get moving and outdoors again. I have 3 trays of veggies roasting in the oven right now. I'm not giving up...I've come too far to let go now. I've just got to get into a groove again - like the one you seem to be in! :)

natamars
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Sunday: Had lunch out and didn't exercise yesterday. On the plus side I ate very healthy(they had a great cold buffet with roasted vegetables, beans, fruit, etc), then I had a portion of a salmon entree. One small soda, no bread, and we had to run out before dessert. Then I only had 200 calories in the evening. Scale was down slightly.

zumba, I hear you. I wonder if your muscles are retaining water from crossfit.

guac, I know it's been slow, but you are way down since you started posting your weights in 2011. The progress can be seen when you look at the long-term.

I was talking to someone yesterday, another woman in her 40's, who is struggling. She talked about what she eats on a typical day, and it doesn't sound like she should be putting on weight. She's had a ridiculoulsy stressful year so that doesn't help, of course.

Bottom line, this is HARD. I know what will happen to me if I stop tracking(I haven't written my food the last 3 days, back on it today). I'll be up 10 lbs before I know it, nothing will fit, I'll be depressed, and the cycle will start all over again. I am sick of this happening over and over. This is my life. If I want to be slim, it will require constant vigilance(tm Prof Moody).

Jennifer1966
03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Natamars: you are so right on with "if I want to be slim, it will require constant vigilance." I need to remind myself of this constantly.

The scale hasn't moved for a few days, but it's finally sunny today, so I can't be upset! DH and I took the dogs on a 2 mile walk, and I ran a little (about 4 blocks total). It wasn't pretty. I'm fat, severely out of shape, and my form is terrible. I can't imagine how ungainly I must have looked, but I did it! I think I am going to try to increase the running and do an almost interval training thing. I just wish I wasn't afraid of turning an ankle, so I could run in the dark! I'm sure I'll hear from someone who saw me (I live in a small town:) )

Zumbachica
03-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone...just got back from crossfit.....I put in another pretty decent day with eating.....no sugar, low carb..but still nothing...I am starting to think it is a combination of cortisol from the stress in my life and also my body holding on to water from cross fit. I plan on getting a check up this month to see what else could be going on. thyroid problems run on my mom's side of the family so I'm wondering if something is up with that...doesn't hurt to check.

Newleaf thank you for your kind words .....Guac, girl we are in this boat together...we can do this. Something is holding us back..its so hard to understand, isn't it? How can I want something so badly but not be able to make any strides? Lets hang in there and get this show on the road!!!

Jennifer1966
03-05-2013, 06:52 AM
185.2 this morning! Just a few more ounces and I'll be at my St. Paddy's goal (if the scale stays here; it's been going down then right back up!). I am just so tired of not looking how I would like to, not feeling positive about myself, and not being able to just grab cute clothes out of my closet! It is past time for me to lose this excess weight!

natamars
03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Monday: 1520 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 30 min elliptical

I was back to writing everything down today, which felt good...feel more in control. I wanted to run at the gym last nights but there is just something about Mondays..couldn't do it...felt so wiped out, so just did the elliptical. And now the storm they thought was going to miss us could hit us with 6" of snow the next few days, which will throw off everything for me with work/commuting/childcare. AAUUGGHHH!!!

Jennifer, you are SO close! Keep rocking this challenge. Don't worry about how you look when you run..if most of us stopped to think about it we'd never go outside. I am slow and probably have the worst form but it makes me feel good. Intervals are the best way to start..many people on here have used Couch to 5K very successfully.

zumba, it definitely can't hurt to have your thyroid checked. My stairclimbing buddy at work takes medication for it and the condition can make it very hard for her to lose weight...I feel badly because she is working so hard just to maintain. I'm so proud of you for staying the course!

guac, sounds like you had a great day yesterday!

newleaf, you phrased that perfectly..I think all of us here can relate.

luv, welcome back! Glad you had fun and hope the damage wasn't bad, although you may need some more time to flush the water weight out.

kelijpa, I struggle with having an evening off plan and then it turning into a weekend, then a week..great that you got right back on the horse.

LuvCats
03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
The greatest gift we can give ourselves is the gift of taking care of ourselves.

Very wise words. That's why I'm feeling so different this time I think...I know if I don't do this now I never will and I hate the way I feel when I'm so heavy. I can already feel the difference from what I was. Are you trying other things besides the scale? Measurements, clothes, etc.? If not, maybe that would help. I don't think I've ever been as close to goal as you are soI can only imagine how much harder it gets when you are literally within a few pounds. Good plan to go to the doctor and double check thyroid, etc. Keep it up you'll get it! :)

Hang in there Guac! You can do it! WTG walking in the snow! Ha ha wish I could do that! (No snow :( )

Newleaf: I have to argue with you here... lol you apparently are one of those people who can write an inspiring post. Good job staying strong in the fight!

Natamars: Thanks for the welcome back. Surprisingly the scale shows repair rather than damage... wow! As for you, great job eating out Sunday. You have it spot on when you say this is hard...but this is our life. Wow great job with exercise yesterday. Woo hoo on the monitoring! Wish I could take your snow!

Jennifer: I can sure relate to the thought of how it looks when we run. Volunteering yesterday someone came and took the last wheelchair just as 2 other people came needing them. I had to run to emergency to get more (a very long hallway) and did indeed run part of it but was thinking every step how it must look. Oh well burned a few extra calories, lol. Yay on today's loss! You are so close to St. Pats goal!! Keep it up... or should I say down, lol.

So I ate some of my breakfast then realized ooops I forgot again.... stopped eating right there and went and weighed... down 1.2 (but I had gained almost a pound the previous week). I guess the walking in Vegas paid off. There were also a couple days we only ate 2 meals so I'm sure that helped. Now it's time to dig back into more exercise and really stay OP.

newleaf123
03-05-2013, 02:42 PM
guac I'm glad you're getting out there, exercising, roasting veggies. One day after another, that's all we can do, right? Being in my groove always feels so tenuous. It's a daily choice for me; it doesn't really come naturally.

natamars Sounds like you are doing well; glad to hear!!

jennifer sun is a good thing! Good for you, for getting out there and running... I used to run way back in the day (college) but it's definitely a thing of the past for me. You are so close to your St. P goal! You will get back to those cute clothes, I know it.

zumba all this exercise is paying dividends, even if not showing on the scale. Probably a good idea to check in with your dr. I hope there's nothing wrong, but if there is, it'll be good to know.

luvCats thanks for your compliment. Nice to have you back! I can't believe you forget to weigh in the morning... it's such habit for me. Roll out of bed. Pee & pet the cat. Weigh.

All is going well here. I am willing myself not to have any of the "chocolate yogurt" covered raisins that are hiding in the kitchen. Scale is good, 159.0 this AM. Exercise is so-so. Didn't exercise yesterday or today. Nothing new going on, pretty much status quo around here. Other than the rushing around, planning, and preparing for my trip, which is a good problem to have :)

kelijpa
03-05-2013, 06:41 PM
NewLeaf didn't realize how close we are! I think of you as so much more successful because I look at your number being lower, but we are on the same track, mine is just shorter height-wise :D You're an inspiration, hope you know that, it's great to read your posts about eating healthier as well, I'm getting more and more into the whole, healthy foods/grains, just overall eating better and living healthier, enjoy your trip, that's so great you're going to Patagonia, not just wearing it :D

Zumba/Guac whatever you do, do not give up, you guys are an inspiration to me as well, you guys just keep after it, trying to find what will work, not afraid to try something different, not afraid to ask for help, I love reading your posts, keeps me coming back and hoping I'm inspiring someone as well. It's such a hard road, it takes a strong woman to stay on that road.

Jennifer Congrats! you're coming on a nice milestone, 20 lbs. off, you and others will start really noticing a difference, keep pushing, you're doing great! It's hard sometimes to step back and see how far you've come, I look back at last year and how many days/weeks I was the same same same weight and even gained, then got to a point where things changed and it all just started clicking, keep going!

natamars definitely working hard on trying to make sure we (DH and I) get back on the horse after the weekend, this week we're trying to eat moderately and not have that big up and then back down like the big hill on the roller coaster :D it's getting to be a little bit of a challenge because DH is pretty much at a place where he should be maintaining, and I still have about 12/20 to go, luckily we're in a pretty good synch because he's very worried about maintaining, we're really trying to make a new healthy lifestyle. Thanks for the good thoughts.

natamars
03-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Tuesday: 1350 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 30 min treadmill(intervals)

I tried running a 5K at a faster pace last night and just felt wiped out. I swear the treadmill I was on was going at a faster pace than the read..I've noticed differences among them. I also didn't get to the gym until 9:15 last night after running around all day, so that didn't help.

Need to get in some lower calorie days, but have been struggling with that lately.

newleaf123
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
kelijpa wow, thanks! No, I don't think of myself as inspiring... just as yet another woman struggling day to day to maintain and lose weight... And you, my dear, have inspired me, too. Without you, I would never have thought to go hiking on the rail trail in preparation for my trek -- so, there!

natamars I'm amazed that you went to the gym that late! Sure, in my 20s and early 30s I did that. But now?? Wow - talk about dedication!!

Here, I'm on the verge of being able to lower my ticker again. I'm hoping that with some really conscious mindfulness, I'll be in the 157s tomorrow. I had an epiphany last night, thinking about losing a pound a month. I realized that A) that still gets me to my goal and more importantly B) what difference does it make, getting there in 2 months or 12 months? I'm planning on maintaining this loss for the next 50 years, or 600 months. These next few months are just a blip on that timeline... so, relax...

On my way out to shovel snow while it's still light and fluffy; supposed to get up to 40 today, which will make it heavy. The kids got a snow day, which is fun for them; a nice end-of-winter treat! :carrot:

2FatCats
03-06-2013, 11:30 AM
@Newleaf: Interesting you should post that about relaxing over one # a month. I just posted one positive thing to that exact end! I am insanely proud that, for the first time, it doesn't matter how long it takes - this is how it's going to be now and forever more! And even though I am (like you) getting close to 'goal weight', I have felt this way since the restart at 180. There's still work to be done on these bones, though. Not quite ready for a sleeveless summer just yet!!

guacamole
03-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Hello, ladies! Quick post to say that I am making more of an effort to cook healthy foods that tempt me - roasting more veggies, broiling fresh salmon, having a variety of green leafy vegetables on hand, and splurging on blueberries during the off season. So far, it's helping me to stay on track. I think I was starting to get bored with the foods I was eating and started to stray to the unhealthier options at hand. I didn't walk today, but I did shovel snow - that's gotta be some kind of exercise! I need to realize that it is the journey and not the destination. Even if I have a few detours along the way, as long as I get back to the path, I will eventually get there. I am still too chicken to face the scale, because the majority of the week, I haven't been eating well. However, I am still in the fight and trying to make adjustments.

I wish you all a great day!

Jennifer1966
03-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Newleaf and 2Fatcats: I need to get to the point where I am more Zen about the speed of my weight loss like you guys are! I feel that if I don't lose 1.5-2 lbs a week, I'm doing something wrong. Maybe when I get closer to goal I'll be where you are. You both inspire me :)

Guacamole: Great job in the healthy eating. I love blueberries, but they are a tad pricey now! I need to convince myself I'm worth it!!

We had a (completely unnecessary) snow day today, but I'm not complaining;). My DD found out yesterday she won a collegiate fellowship which covers her full tuition (I could not be prouder!!), so we went out for lunch today and hit the Clinique counter after. A fun midweek treat and celebration!

kelijpa
03-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Congrats Jennifer, that's great about your DD.

Guac good job getting back on track, every little bit helps and gets you headed in the right direction.

NewLeaf and 2FatCats it's so funny you guys posted about the same thing DH and I were talking about tonight, like you both say we're in it for the long haul, I was saying that I'm feeling so much better and healthier I'm not worrying about the number on the scale this week, it'll come off...

mboo
03-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Lw 212.8
Cw 210.2
Gw 207
Was much happier with this weigh in!!

natamars
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Wednesday: complete mess. About 2000 calories. 30 min stairclimbing.

I had decided to give myself a night off from the gym because of the storm, but ended up hanging out at home, watching TV and playing chess with the family, and EATING. ugh. Need a very low calorie day today.

mboo, congrats on the weigh-in!

kelijpa, great attitude..I need some of that...

jennifer, CONGRATS to your DD. You must be a proud mama!

guac, what a productive day you had!

2FC, well put!

newleaf, ITA we have to keep looking at the big picture..some days that is so hard though....

mboo
03-07-2013, 10:05 AM
i got my ticker...i got my ticker......

2FatCats
03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Morning Ladies!

Weekly check in: Success on all 3 goals!

I started Phase III of my program and burned 760 the 1st time - less than Phase II but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do the exercises properly. It's still great, though!

2. Eat on Plan - 87 days straight on plan!
Added a few more grams of protein, up to 155 daily now. Sometimes I am just not hungry right before bed but I know I have to drink the protein shake anyway - and so I do.

Zero movement for the last 3 days but that's GREAT - TOM arrived today so I consider that a Major Victory!

02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21 157.4 (25.0%)
02/28 155.8 (24.4%)
03/07 153.8 (23.4%)So close! Shrink hips, shrink!
03/14
03/17

LuvCats
03-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah on the good results on the scale, newleaf! Love the epiphany! I'm with you on that. I think the reason the scale isn't automatic for me is I do it weekly. Daily stresses me out far too much.

It is nice to see others in the same mindset about this journey. Glad yours is helping you feel healthier, kelijpa.

Hang in there natamars. Good job trying the faster pace. Keep at it and one day I'll bet that "faster pace" won't seem so. Back in the saddle now after yesterday (but sometimes we just need a day off).

Ha ha love you saying "there's still work to be done on these bones" 2FatCats. It makes me laugh because yesterday I said something along the line of "going to go sweat these bones off" and laughed at my crazy statement. Nice to know others think similar thoughs. Keep at it! Looking good! Woo hoo on your goal results!! Keep going!

I'd say without a doubt snow shoveling counts as exercise guac! Great job on the healthy foods. Mmmm would love some salmon.

Wonderful news for your daughter, Jennifer. It sounds like you two had fun yesterday.

Great job mboo! Love the new ticker. Very pink and spring-like.

Brrr cold in the house today. Got the fire going now so hopefully I'll be ready to exercise in a couple hours.

Have a great day everyone! Keep on trucking! :)

Zumbachica
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi all....Just caught up with everyone...you ladies are so inspiring!!!

I had a couple of days of bad eating....I had a friend over for lunch and she wound up bringing cookies from the bakery. I know she meant well....but it was like brining a bottle of booze to an alcoholics house.

my ticker isn't moving , its at the same stupid spot. I'm still going to cross fit...it is torture and i'm the biggest weakling out of all the girls in the class. Its embarassing....especially since I"m an instructor and have a fitness certification. These girls are animals, they lift heavy barbells and slam them down like they accomplished something....then give me dirty looks. I'd like to see those skanks do a mean a$$ cha cha or bachata. Their physiques aren't anything to be proud of, they're just wickedly strong. Anyway I'm there for me, not to compete with them but I have to say it isn't a nice environment.

As far as whats going on with my body I have no clue. I know that I am very sore...I'm waking up muscles that have been asleep for a long time..and when I lose some of this body fat maybe I'll lose inches because of the muscle I'm building. We shall see......I'm just going to keep trying, that is all that I can do.

Wish I could reach my st paddy's goal but I don't think that is going to happen.

i'm still here though :) Keeping the carb load really low the next few days to see if that helps.

Everyone have a great day..we're waiting for more snow here.....;)

natamars
03-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Friday: 1055 calories, 35 min elliptical

Proud that I kept my calories low in spite of a stressful day at work. My evening was wonderful though..had my parent-teacher conference and the teacher was gushing over DS, who will be 10 next week. She said it's an honor to be able to teach him. Then his music report card was in the mail, and his band teacher said he is having an excellent year and could be a great trumoet player. So I am a very proud mama today!

It is snowing AGAIN here..schools have a delayed opeing so there's my excuse to work from home.

Weight is down 1.2 for the week..1 lb to go to hit my challange goal.

zumba, your description of your class cracks me up. I am SO impressed that you're doing cross-fit, I would be terrified. I still think your muscles might be retaining water, so you just keep going, girl!

luvcats, how was the rest of your day?

2fc, you are so disciplined and such an inspiration!

mboo, yay on the ticker! They are fun to play with.

TGIF, ladies!

Jennifer1966
03-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Zumba: Your crossfit class sounds..interesting... Great job for sticking to it even with the mean girls. Crossfit is for beasts, so you go!

Natamars: WOOHOO on meeting your challenge goal early!!!

mboo: Nice ticker!

Happy, happy Friday! I'm at 185 this morning, so just a few ounces from this goal and 4 ounces from 20 pounds gone for good! Hoping to see it over the next couple of days! We need to start thinking about our next challenge! These mini goals really help me stay on task and you all are so inspiring!

mboo
03-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone!! You all are awesome!
The sun is shining here today, calling for the fifties this weekend. So ready for this warmer weather.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

newleaf123
03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Wow mboo, that is quite a ticker, congratulations!!

Will catch up later. Just stopping by to say hi. All good here. Ate candy yesterday like the old days. All I can say is,blech. Let that be a lesson to me! Just got done on the elliptical, having a protein frappuccino since I've got a late lunch with a very dear friend planned.

I love the feeling of getting back to business like its no big deal.

Sum38
03-09-2013, 09:05 AM
What a stressful week I have had.

The house we were supposed to get, the landylady jerked us around and was downright unethical biotch. She said we had the house, wanted certified checks and cancelled the appointment 2 h before saying she was busy...next day she sent our realtor a note she went with someone else :(

So my weightloss is impossible since I am a stress eater :(

Living at the in-laws :(

Jennifer1966
03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Sum38: I'm so sorry you had such a stressful week. It's tough finding a house! Hang in there, something better is bound to turn up (you wouldn't want that biotch as a landlady anyway!).

I seem to be on a little 185 plateau, but I think it's probably my own fault. There are currently 7 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in my house, and I eat a few (just a few) everyday! I wish my DH and kids had control issues like mine and the cookies would be gone! (I don't really, hopefully they'll never have weight problems). I downloaded a C25K app on my phone and DH said he'd do it with me (love him) cause he knows I hate to exercise alone. We are starting tomorrow with the time change. I'm both pumped and apprehensive. I have tons of grading to do today. It's hard to believe our 3rd 9 weeks term ended! I am going to drink a ton of water so I don't snack mindlessly as I wade through essays and exams! Have a great weekend everyone!

kelijpa
03-09-2013, 09:29 PM
I had to go back to the beginning and see what I said I was going to do for this challenge, obviously not very good sign.

I have done pretty well, actually was at my weight loss goal last week, hopefully I can get back there this week, the 15th will be my weigh in, I've done good with the water 60 oz. every day and gotten the 10k steps in most days.

Since my birthday I've been trying to do a 3K walk a day, now I've upped it to 4 miles, so proud of that, Zumba even though my scale isn't moving quite like I'd like, my pants are getting looser so hoping that's what you'll see as well. I'm going to look up cross fit, heard someone talking about it at work as well, then a commercial today featured it, I'm really not sure what it is. sounds interesting.

Hard to believe it's going to be St. Pat's next weekend! yeeps!

Jennifer1966
03-10-2013, 08:04 AM
183.5 this morning! If it stays down, I have accomplished this challenge, and I'm down 20 pounds! I'm pretty stoked! Hope everyone has a great day!

natamars
03-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Struggling. Off plan Friday and no exercise. 1245 calories yesterday but no exercise again due to DS's activities. Scale is up. Must do better today.

Jennifer, 20 lbs is a great accomplishment!

kelijpa, those are great goals and congrats for sticking to it.

sum, that stinks! Mean people suck. I hope you find something better very soon.

guacamole
03-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Hello, all! Well, this has not been a productive challenge for me. I am not weighing in today because PMS is raging and I feel bloated and huge. I stepped on the scale Thursday to 158. I am moving in the wrong direction.

This is going to sound snarky, and I don't mean it that way - more of a scientific observation, if you will! I was at an event yesterday where I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a few months. Almost, everyone looked like they had put on weight, particularly around the mid-section, since I last saw them. Both men and women. I think that winter is not kind when it comes to weight. We all go into hibernation/feeding mode. I think people who can maintain or lose over the winter are really ahead of the game. Maybe I am just trying to comfort myself, but in any event, I see that I am not alone in fighting the winter bulk.

newleaf123
03-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi, Ladies.

I am fighting off a lot of self-doubt. I'm hoping by giving voice to it, it helps.

I've lost close to 50 pounds, and I am so afraid of putting it back on. I have this huge trip coming up (hiking 84 miles in 7 days) and I will have 0 control over the food put in front of my for 14 days. It won't be wise to try eating at a deficit, not knowing the intensity of that day's hike ahead. The food will be prepared for me. You eat what you get. The trip is listed as Level 5, on a scale of 1 - 5, with the following description: This is the right trip for energetic people who like to be active and have a spirit of adventure and a positive attitude. To enjoy this trek it is essential to be in shape before you arrive. It is not wise to regard this trek as a means of getting into shape or losing excess weight. Start a program of conditioning well before departure.

It's not the trip so much that has me at a fear of regaining the weight; I'll be with my sister. She eats like a bird. I always lose weight when I'm with her. It's the coming home. I put on weight when I came home from the Machu Picchu trek in 2007. I put on weight when I came home from the Alaska trip in 2010. Its as if all my mental energy goes into preparing for these trips, that when I come back home I can't do it anymore.

So, I'm trying to think about what my plan is once I come home. What my new goals will be, what I'm working towards. The mantra for the last year has been that this would be the year I turned things around. I guess breaking this habit of getting into shape only to ruin it has to be one of the things I turn around, too.

Anyway... just putting it out there... This is in my control. Right??!

2FatCats
03-10-2013, 08:52 PM
@ Heidi

I think you are on the right path - getting a return plan in place before you ever leave. I understand your fears of gaining it all back. Been there, done that. I had no plan in place for maintenance. Reminds me of the cliche' Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail.
Is it the 'big event' that motivates you? Are you driven by the means or the end result? Boy oh boy do I know it can be hard to enjoy the road when you don't know where it's going. If you need a 'goal' is there something else you can commit to? A Zombie race in the summer? Or a canoe trip in the fall? There is one here in Sep that takes 3 days and you paddle for 90+ miles. Maybe something like that?
Don't listen to that 'inner meanie' - you can do this!

natamars
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Sunday: 1115 calories, .8 mi walk, 7.2 mi run(longest yet)

Feeling much better today. Long run yesterday and the way I felt during and after really helped. I had a protein shake with soy powder, almond milk, and fresh fruit about an hour before I ran, and then wasn't hungry for hours afterward, when I was suddenly starved and wanted pasta, which I let myself have.

My final weigh in for this challenge will be on Friday, because that night we're going out for Asian food for DS's 10th birthday, then family over for pizza on Saturday. Even though I don't plan to eat heavily, the salt will add at least a lb. by Sunday.

Went grocery shopping and everything is cooked/prepped for breakfast, lunch, and snacks all week.

new, first of all, your trip sounds amazing. Second of all, maybe you need to have something concrete you're working toward/planning for once you get home..a new fitness goal, a class, anything that will inspire you.

guac, I look around the office and see the same thing. My issue is that back in the day I could put on 10 lbs. or so of "winter weight" and then lose it in the spring..nowadays, losing 10 lbs. takes me over 2 months and requires a huge effort. I have to teach myself it's just not worth relaxing in the winter and gaining it.

Jennifer1966
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
CW: 184

This is my first challenge I've ever completed ahead of time! I think it's my increased exercise level and the support from this group. You ladies all rock!!

natamars
03-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Monday: 1170 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 30 min elliptical

Struggling mentally, but keeping my calories where they need to be and getting my exercise in. Weight is staying the same. Hoping to see a drop by Friday, but it may not be in the cards.

Jennifer, congratulations!! Celebrate the victory. I think the next challenge should be a May Day one..the is just under 7 weeks, so a bit longer, and getting uis close to summer and the beautiful clothes...I'm already thinking about my goals for that one.

Zumbachica
03-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi everybody...I've been out of sorts and not logging in. Nice to catch up with everyone.....I'm still in the same ugly place. Son had bday this past weekend and we had japanese food and cake. I had a stomach virus yesterday but didn't lose an ounce even from that.....I'm starting to think losing weight is impossible. I keep giving myself the Don't give up pep talk but honesty I'm accomplishing nothing. I"m really not eating that badly, but it seems like my metabolism is dead. I feel like a big fat failure. This will be another challenge that I don't even come close.....and I feel like when I come here all I do is whine.

natamars
03-12-2013, 09:08 AM
zumba, don't give up! Did you get in to see the doctor yet to have your hormones checked?

I know it feels impossible sometimes, been going through that myself, but when I gave up I put on weight rapidly..I bet you do too. We can do this thing!!

Zumbachica
03-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi Nat, no I didn't get to the doctor, seems like I"m taking care of everybody except myself..I'm consumed with this divorce crap....its just going to get uglier before it gets better. I need to take the kids to therapy so they can deal with all that is going on...my hormones seem so unimportant in the scheme of things. I'm getting my period on time, but i'm wondering if there is a cortisol thing going on that is making weight loss harder....I always had a tiny waist, but now I"m gaining weight there.....not cool. Maybe I should just accept that i'm older and this is what happens. I don't want to give up but it gets old to keep trying and accomplish nothing, I can;'t even believe that i put this much weight on..I hate it. I keep saying we can do this but how can I keep believing that....I've been singing this tune for months....

newleaf123
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Hi, everyone. I feel like we've lost steam on this challenge; I know I have! Maybe having 2 back-to-back like this was too much :(

Here, I'm doing well. Feeling like I'm more in maintenance mode than losing mode as I get ready for my trip. I'm not doing anything more than walking for exercise; I am so worried about injury before the trip!

But weight is fine, 159 this morning. Food has been fine for the last few days. I keep repeating to myself things like "returning to my old eating style leads to returning to my old body" when I feel like straying.

DH and I watched Fork Over Knives a few nights ago, and now DH is on a health kick, trying to reduce the amount of meat and dairy we eat at home. He has ordered up a bunch of vegan cookbooks for me to try, and even wants me to try making soy yogurt. It's all pretty sweet. If it weren't for the kids, I think we could cut over to a vegetarian lifestyle pretty easily, but it's kind of hard to convince an 11- and 13-year-old... But just having him have more of a health focus is a good thing. Personally, I'm a little leery of replacing dairy with soy, but I'm happy to support him if he wants to make the change.

I guess that's all that's going on here. I just didn't want anyone to worry that my absence has been due to a slow retraction from all my progress this year (my year runs April to April LOL), since I've been voicing my fears and concerns lately. I do feel like I'm on track. The thought of regaining, and then having to re-lose, is helping me do what I need to do.

As for what to do when I come back from my trip -- I think I'm going to commit to 6 weeks of yoga (1x per week) as something new to try. I like the idea of strength and flexibility... This along with the cardio and weights. I'm looking forward to it!

Jennifer1966
03-13-2013, 07:13 AM
I hope everyone is doing well and working through the daily struggles that trying to lose/maintain weight along with the insane craziness of our daily lives bring. I've finally started Couch to 5K, and it's pretty much kicking my behind. I am not an exerciser by nature, but I really want to be healthy and toned in addition to thinner.
Have a happy hump day, Ladies!

Zumbachica
03-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Newleaf have you ever heard of being a "flexitarian"? It is when you aren't a total vegetarian but you lean in that direction on most days. It is definitely a healthier way of eating ...... Try and have a few days out of the week that are "meatless". I know we definitely have too many meat days in our house.....I have a huge vegeterian cookbook, I think I"ll dig that out later and get some ideas........

Zumbachica
03-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning everyone....Another day, same number on the scale....sigh******

I came across a book in BJ's yesterday "The Fast Diet" about intermittent fasting......its a concept that seems to go against everything we've been taught about how not to skip meals and to eat every four hours.....I wish I had bought it but thought to myself "Another diet book....I have a huge collection"....but I came home and did research on it and think it may be an interesting thing to try to wake up my metabolism. I never really did buy into the starvation mode theory, because I could never find any valid scientific evidence to prove such. I'm sure people think this type of eating is unhealthy, but so is being overweight.

guacamole
03-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Zumba - there is a thread on 3fc on intermittent fasting. I have tried it and occasionally use it to shake things up a bit. I can't seem to stick with it long term, but folks into that lifestyle love it! Good luck to you...maybe the spring will help us get our mojo back.

Zumbachica
03-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks Guac! I'm willing to try anything at this point....I was never good with eating at regular times throughout the day, so this may work for me...if I can deal with the hunger.....there are so many di fferent ways to do IF so I'm a bit confused..and i"m hoping I don't faint in cross fit...LOL...I wish I bought that stupid book yesterday....

natamars
03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Tuesday: 1445 calories, 30 min stairclimbing

Rough day yesterday. I had a panic attack on the drive home. I've had some bad periods with them, then had gone about a year with nothing, and now I've had two in the last month. What triggers most of mine is pain - I have something called costochondritis which presents as chest pain. So my mind starts racing, saying is this really that or something worse, then I'm shaking and my palms are sweaty, and my heart is racing..awful. And I was sitting in traffic in the rain with no way to escape. I managed to get through it by talking with my mom and DH on the phone. I had some crackers and jelly beans in the car..carbs and sugar help. But by the time I was done running DS from birthday party to swimming to the library to home I was wiped and went right to bed. I think the attacks are so mentally exhausting that they have that effect.

zumba, I actually try to use IF a bit..for me it means cutting my calories off earlier in the day and trying to delay breakfast longer. There are all sorts of ways you can use it, and there is a good thread to check out as guac mentioned. You just have to find what fits in best with your lifestyle.

jennifer, gl with the running program. For me being able to increase my distance is so empowering. I jogged over 7 miles straight the other day...makes you feel like you can do anything!

new, sounds like you're doing great, and you're very lucky that your DH wants to eat healthy too..wish mine would.

back to work - see everyone later.

natamars
03-14-2013, 05:46 AM
Wednesday: 1220 calories, 40 min stairclimbing, 3.7 miles on treadmill, 3 miles jogging @ 5.7 mph plus warm up and cool-down.

Felt good on the treadmill last night..working toward goal of sub-30 min 5K

Where is everyone? Only 3 more days!!!!

Jennifer1966
03-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Just checking in. I'm still doing well, weighed in at 182 this morning. I'm knocking at the door to the 170s! Hopefully by spring break, which is last week of March. I'm having a happy hour party at my house tomorrow though, so that will surely wreak havoc on the scales!

mboo
03-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Well I'm at 207 this morning which means i made my goal and i have 3 days left
Challenge starting weight 215...cw 207..

Jennifer1966
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
mboo: Congratulations!

Zumbachica
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
I ate really well yesterday and went to cross fit last night. Decided to stop whining and keep trying. I am going to buy the book about the fast diet today.....also going to work with my kettlebells a little bit. Last night in Cross fit we jumped rope, did push ups, sit ups and squats. I couldn't do 100 but I tried my best.

Today is a "fasting day" for me...going to have two small meals..and a protein shake.

Back in the game ladies....so proud of those here that have met their goal or are close. I'm nowhere near it, but hoping to make some strides in the next challenge..now that the days are longer maybe I can get some walking in....I keep thinking about summer and all the cute clothes I have that I want to be able to wear again.....

newleaf123
03-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Jennifer Good for you, starting C25k. I've started that program on a couple of occassions, only to reinforce the fact that I really don't like running. So I am always impressed when others commit to it. Good luck!!

Zumba Flexitarian... no, never heard of it. There's a word for everything, eh? Glad to have a label now... LOL I'm so happy to read that your outlook has improved. Spring being around the corner is a great thing!

natamars That episode sounds pretty scary! I hope you're doing better now...

mboo :bravo: Congratulations!!! :bravo:

Here, I'm very excited about my trip!! I'm hoping to wrap up any loose packing ends today, and I'm hoping to drop into 157 before the challenge is over, which would be great. Then, who knows what will happen weight-wise while I'm away, but I've got a plan to get right back at it when I return.

Well, off to look at the tahini-free hummus recipe I found in one of my new cookbooks; it would be nice to prepare some of that as a treat for DH while I'm gone. My treat for the boys is Peeps. :)

2FatCats
03-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Weekly check in: Success on all 3 goals! Made my bf% yesterday and it stuck today so calling this a challenge met!:woohoo:

Continued with Phase III, adjusted workouts to MWF due to upcoming procedure. Sessions are more intense and DOMS is a killer!

2. Eat on Plan - 94 days straight on plan!

After TOM last week and being sick ---just glad for the .6lb loss that put me at GOAL!!

02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21 157.4 (25.0%)
02/28 155.8 (24.4%)
03/07 153.8 (23.4%)
03/14 153.2 (22.8%) GOAL!
03/17

Jennifer1966
03-14-2013, 03:43 PM
2FatCats: woohoo! Congratulations!

newleaf123
03-14-2013, 04:05 PM
:bravo: 2fatCats :bravo:

Zumbachica
03-14-2013, 09:42 PM
2fatcats...YOU ROCK..way to go on reaching your goal. You are so determiend and doing so well...and inspiration for all of us..:carrot:

Newleaf: Isn't your trip about hiking, etc.? You'll probably lose on this trip than gain..how exciting...and yes, I bought peeps for my sons too....:D

Natamars: I have had anxiety attacks in the past also...I know that they aren't fun at all.....I don't believe in taking drugs for everything but having xanax on hand helps, you just can't drive and take care of your son stoned.....I hope you're feeling better :hug:

Mboo, congrats on meeting goal...

Jennifer: happy hour house party? now that sounds like fun!!!

Zumbachica
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Well i'm proud to say that i put in another good day for the most part. Plans got changed when a handsome man invited me to lunch. I quickly scrapped the shake idea I was planning and had a salad for lunch. Went to bloomies and had to have their frozen yogurt which I determined would act as my dinner. Im trying to stop eating in the evening, no late night snacking for me..and I'm taking in less calories overall. I didn't get a work out in today but will definitely do that tomorrow when I teach aqua zumba and then plan on doing some kettlebell with the new set that I bouight for myself. HOpe I don't break anything in the house swinging those things around..LOL....I bought a dress at Bloomies that is perfect for spring summer but it isn't going to happen unless I lose some weight so there's more incentive for me right there......Also got a great white button down top and a pair of black jeans....Not your Daughter's jeans..bleh..I'm wearing MOM JEANS already....fooey....

I'm so looking forward to being smaller again and I'm starting to really visualize it..have to make it happen.

Zumbachica
03-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Good morning all....I can't believe we are almost at the end of this challenge..I just got started...wait for me y'all..LOL....Seriously though I am another lb. down on the scale this morning so I think this new way of eating that I have tried the past two days is working. This is without reading the Fast Diet book yet....Not much of a loss but it is a start.

Today I have aqua class and I hope to get some more workout in sometime during the day, haven't played with my kettlebells yet. Gearing up for the weekend and hoping to do something that doesn't revolve around food.

Have a great day everyone...Top o' the mornin to you all...

natamars
03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Thursday: 1255 calories, 40 min elliptical

Since I have two meals out in the next two days, I'm ending with today's weight, 137.4. I dropped 4.4 for this challenge - a bit shy of my goal. I started out faster but it has now slowed to a crawl. This week I averaged 1350 calories(day 1 of this week was a splurge, for the last 6 days I've averaged 1240) and exercised daily for the last 5, including a 3 and 7 mile run, and I only lost .4 this week. Looks like getting below 137 will be tough.

zumba, glad to hear you sounding much better. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm interested in hearing about the kettlebells..have been thinking of getting some myself.

2fc, awesome job on the challenge - congrats!

newleaf, so excited for you!

mboo, congrats on making goal - that was an ambitious one too! See you on the next challenge.

jennifer, you're doing fantastic - yay for you!!

I can start the next challenge thread if you guys like - what do you think of May Day? That's 7 weeks out. I've already decided I'm adding strength training goals for the next one and that at this point a pound a week ain't happening!

newleaf123
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Zumba so glad you are feeling a bit more upbeat! You've certainly got a lot of stress on your plate :hug: I hope you have a great weekend!

Natamars nice job on being down 4.4; that is great!! I think sometimes we lose sight of just how well we are doing (more below).

2fatcats Your dedication and consistency are really inspiring; congratulations on making all of your goals; you've got this nailed!

Jennifer How is C25k coming along?

mboo How are you doing? Congratulations on making your goal!

Here is my latest thought (yeah, I posted this on the NSV thread) -- we don't step back and give ourselves the credit we deserve. The downside of this site is that it warps reality. There are lots of people who have lost double, triple, even quadruple what I have lost; it makes my loss feel paltry. There are lots of people who have lost the amount I have lost in a much shorter amount of time; it makes my loss seem painfully slow. These two things add up to a diminished feeling of success, at least for me. When in fact, when I step back outside of myself, outside of this site, I see that I lost 50 pounds in less than a year. Worthy of lots of :carrot::carrot::carrot: and lots of :bravo::bravo::bravo: I'm not looking for external validation to congratulate me; I'm taking a moment to celebrate myself, to see what I have accomplished. It's pretty amazing. And I think that if each one of you steps back outside of yourself, outside of this site, I think you will feel and recognize the same thing. We have all had awesome accomplishments!!

So that's my big picture. Now back to the day-to-day picture. All is well. I am so happy to have dropped down into 157. And this "flexitarian" approach seems to be helping, too. I've got a white bean & kale soup on tap for dinner; I think I'm going to cook up some chicken breasts, too. I'm worried about my sons not getting enough protein.

Sum38
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
I am afraid to step on scale :(

2FatCats
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes! And congrats to EVERYONE! We're all winners!!
@Newleaf Re: enough protein. Have you thought about cooking with protein powder? Whey cooks fine, casein not so much. I also have a vegan brown rice protein to make wraps/bagel/bread out of. I made some pretty tasty muffins yesterday with cinnamon protein powder, coconut flour, oat bran/flour, egg whites, vanilla, chia seeds, unsweetened applesauce, skim milk and a little almond meal. Recipe made 6 big ones, each had 143kCal, 3g fat, 16g carbs (2fiber) and 15g protein. And protein powder pancakes are awesome! I made four huge pumpkin/blueberry ones on Saturday - total for all four was 289 Kcal, 4g fat, 40g carb(5fiber) 28g protein. My husband could barely finish all four - we should have shared the recipe! We actually ate strawberry coconut protein pancakes (50g protein) for dinner last night. I have TONS of recipes...even brownies! And frosting, too! If you add protein powder to Greek yogurt it tastes like pudding. Especially the banana protein! I can send you some links to recipe sites/or more of mine if you are interested.

2FatCats
03-15-2013, 11:06 AM
@ Sum Don't be afraid of that little digital fibber.

Remember Steve Maraboli said:
“Get Off The Scale!

You are beautiful. Your beauty, just like your capacity for life, happiness, and success, is immeasurable. Day after day, countless people across the globe get on a scale in search of validation of beauty and social acceptance.

Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.

It’s true, the scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love. Don’t give the scale more power than it has earned. Take note of the number, then get off the scale and live your life. You are beautiful!”

Zumbachica
03-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Thursday: 1255 calories, 40 min elliptical

Since I have two meals out in the next two days, I'm ending with today's weight, 137.4. I dropped 4.4 for this challenge - a bit shy of my goal. I started out faster but it has now slowed to a crawl. This week I averaged 1350 calories(day 1 of this week was a splurge, for the last 6 days I've averaged 1240) and exercised daily for the last 5, including a 3 and 7 mile run, and I only lost .4 this week. Looks like getting below 137 will be tough.

zumba, glad to hear you sounding much better. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm interested in hearing about the kettlebells..have been thinking of getting some myself.

2fc, awesome job on the challenge - congrats!

newleaf, so excited for you!

mboo, congrats on making goal - that was an ambitious one too! See you on the next challenge.

jennifer, you're doing fantastic - yay for you!!

I can start the next challenge thread if you guys like - what do you think of May Day? That's 7 weeks out. I've already decided I'm adding strength training goals for the next one and that at this point a pound a week ain't happening!

Yes Nat! Start the new thread, I meager to try again!!!! I lost two lbs in two days, I'm on a roll!

kelijpa
03-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Natamars~I'm in for the Mayday challenge, I got close to my weight goal for this one, but more importantly made my water and exercise goals, so I'm counting it as a success.

Zumba~good to "see" you...:D I haven't been on here like I should...I'm ready to step it up and get to my goal.

NewLeaf~have a great trip, thanks for the insight into looking at things a little differently. I really try to stay positive, it is hard sometimes, but it's not healthy to beat yourself up all the time.

Ok, lost one this week, so have to go log it...

Jennifer1966
03-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Count me in for May Day too! I'm not weighing tomorrow though--I drank enough sangria I to float a small ship on then hit the chips and cookies at my happy hour party.

newleaf123
03-16-2013, 09:16 AM
I actually say 156 on the scale this morning!! It wasn't my official first-thing weigh in, though, so I'm not counting it; just hoping to see it again tomorrow AM!

(Ok, yeah, I'm nuts, and weigh multiple times per day. Pretty much every time I change my clothes)

newleaf123
03-16-2013, 09:34 AM
2FatCats I will have to keep all your recipes in mind for when I come back; they sound great! I have never tried cooking with protein powder. I do use a whey powder in smoothies a couple times a week; one son loves them, the other won't come near them.

Zumbachica
03-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi everybody...Yowza, almost another lb down..this fasting this is awesome.....I am eating two meals a day instead of three and not grazing and snacking all day long....it is working and I don't feel weak. I get hungry at night but I don't think it is hunger, just boredom and my body used to snacking at night...I am very careful that when I DO eat that I eat healthy and keep it low carb. If I keep this up I may actually make some progress here.......Didn't even buy the FAST DIET book yet and wondering if I even need it. Today I'm going shopping with a friend to buy a dress that she needs for a shower..kids are with their Dad so I have time on my hands....Hope I can keep from buying a "snack" at the mall, those Auntie Pretzels are always calling my name...LOL....Worse case scenario I will buy coffee from starbucks and keep my hands busy that way......tonight I may go out and if I do I plan on getting vodka with diet coke, I am not sure what the most low calorie thing to do is, does anyone know how many calories in a glass of wine????

newleaf123
03-17-2013, 07:15 AM
:bday2you: CurleyCarr :bday2you:

I weighed in today at 157.5, so I met my goal :carrot:

This will be my last time checking in until after my trip. I'm feeling excited and anxious, all in one. Talk to you at the end of the month!

Jennifer1966
03-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Newleaf: Have a wonderful time!

Zumba: great job with the new eating plan!

Well, I'm up 2 pounds in 2 days, but I still made goal! I think it's probably water (or sangria) with PMS thrown in.
Final weigh in:
SW: 191
CW: 184

Happy St. Patty's Day to you all, and happy birthday CurleyCarr!!

trukmek
03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
WTG on everyone's goals!

Kristy

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

guacamole
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Starting weight
2/14/13 - 154

Current weight
3/17/13 - 154

Goal weight
3/17/13 - 148

Well, I made no progress on this challenge, but at least I ended where I started. I had hoped that this month would be a time of progressive weight loss, but instead I kept bouncing back up and had to spend my time re-losing the same few pounds to get back to my starting weight.

Anyway, congratulations to those of you who reached or surpassed your goals! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

To those of us who didn't accomplish what we set out to do - there's always May Day! Count me in for the next challenge!

LuvCats
03-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Yay to all that made goal. For those not, hey at least you are here trying.

I think overall I did very well. Time to dig in my heels and keep it moving. On to May Day. :)

Zumbachica
03-18-2013, 07:32 AM
I made very little progress in this challenge. I feel like I finally have some fire under my tush and it is time to get the lead out....