Metabolic Research Center - Starting Friday....

View Full Version : Starting Friday....

MsHunny
02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Dun-Dun-Dunnnnn...

I'm super excited to finally start my journey; but, at the same time, there is this twinge of nervousness trailing behind me. I went into the center to sign up yesterday and the ladies were all so excited. I was excited! I've looked at the pictures on the wall and the website. I've read the testimonials and success stories. I just really want this to finally be IT! I think I'm gonna need all the support this site has to offer and I'm willing to share my experience as I go through it. I love seeing all of the positiveness on here. It just makes me even more excited to start.

Ladies, if there is any advice that you can offer, please do. I have about 55 pounds that I wish to lose. I want to look as fabulous as I'm finally starting to feel about myself!

Work In Progress
02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
:welcome: MsHunny!

I look forward to sharing our journey together. This site has some wonderful suggestions, information, recipes and terrific support. My advice would be to read, ask questions, try it and if something doesn't work for you change it up....also, drink plenty of water!

MsHunny
02-13-2013, 04:45 PM
:welcome: MsHunny!

I look forward to sharing our journey together. This site has some wonderful suggestions, information, recipes and terrific support. My advice would be to read, ask questions, try it and if something doesn't work for you change it up....also, drink plenty of water!
Thank you so much for the welcome Work in Progress! I love the name, because aren't we all?!?! I'm definitely going to spend some time reading through all the threads to get helpful tidbits of info. I will definitely holler if help is needed! :-)

MrsRiker
02-13-2013, 10:46 PM
My advice is to Stick To Your Plan. I see a lot of posts that go "I'm so discouraged, I'm not losing. I stick to plan 100%. Except I don't drink my water. Why isn't this working? I do everything right. Except I eat some nuts/crackers/whatever when I'm really hungry. I'm not losing as fast as they said I would and I follow the plan to a T. Except I have a cheat meal every weekend."

You've invested a lot of money into MRC. So it's time to make the commitment and invest in yourself by doing it the right way. It will work, there are enough of us on here to prove that. You can do it!

Work In Progress
02-14-2013, 02:05 PM
My advice is to Stick To Your Plan. I see a lot of posts that go "I'm so discouraged, I'm not losing. I stick to plan 100%. Except I don't drink my water. Why isn't this working? I do everything right. Except I eat some nuts/crackers/whatever when I'm really hungry. I'm not losing as fast as they said I would and I follow the plan to a T. Except I have a cheat meal every weekend."

You've invested a lot of money into MRC. So it's time to make the commitment and invest in yourself by doing it the right way. It will work, there are enough of us on here to prove that. You can do it!

I just wanted to say I love this. Hard, cold reality is that being fat is easy and I can make all kind of excuses/exceptions why I should cheat or not work on this 100% but when it comes down to the bone, it's all on me. Plain and simple.

Work In Progress
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
How are you doing today for your start date, MsHunny?

MsHunny
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
How are you doing today for your start date, MsHunny?

I actually did my load days on Sat & Sun. It was kind of hard to force the fatty foods. I'm on day 2 of the actual program and I feel fine. I'm trying to make sure I stick to the program, but I'm not really in love with all the drink mixes and the veggie scoop. I also am feeling full before I consume all of the required drinks. Tough problem to have, huh? Lol! Any suggestions?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

MsHunny
02-19-2013, 02:35 PM

Thank you MrsRiker! I've been thinking about the same thing. I plan to stick to it...definitely! I want change and this is how I intend to get it.

MrsRiker
02-19-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm not really in love with all the drink mixes and the veggie scoop. I also am feeling full before I consume all of the required drinks. Tough problem to have, huh? Lol! Any suggestions?

I used to have the same problem with not feeling hungry, but I really do lose more when I eat what I should. I used to get out of my routine on the weekends-- I wasn't eating anything off plan, just not getting everything in. Then I never had a loss come Monday. When I say 'no excuses' it's because Ive been there and know there's never a good one!

Do you have the super fruit and veggie or just the super veggie? Both are definitely an acquired taste, but I now find myself craving them occasionally. And when I'm REALLY not hungry, I can chug some super veggie instead of eating a salad with dinner.

MsHunny
02-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsHunny

I'm not really in love with all the drink mixes and the veggie scoop. I also am feeling full before I consume all of the required drinks. Tough problem to have, huh? Lol! Any suggestions?

I used to have the same problem with not feeling hungry, but I really do lose more when I eat what I should. I used to get out of my routine on the weekends-- I wasn't eating anything off plan, just not getting everything in. Then I never had a loss come Monday. When I say 'no excuses' it's because Ive been there and know there's never a good one!

Do you have the super fruit and veggie or just the super veggie? Both are definitely an acquired taste, but I now find myself craving them occasionally. And when I'm REALLY not hungry, I can chug some super veggie instead of eating a salad with dinner.

I have the fruit & veggie. I'm learning to just chug down the drinks so that it's not really about taste. I'll be getting them in. None of them are great. I guess that's why it's easier to be fat. I'm going to work to make this an enjoyable enough experience. I just really need the extra weight off my frame and knees. I'm looking forward to learning how to eat regularly and maintaining a healthy weight.

Work In Progress
02-19-2013, 11:50 PM
MsHunny, definitely go through the recipe thread (the sticky at the top), there are wonderful recipes in there and ideas plus in the cookbook too. My Mom comes to dinner at least once a week and in the beginning she was sceptical about eating what I eat, now she's always excited at the new recipe I cook. She's even gotten the ingredients (spices, etc) and a few recipes to use at her house now also. My Mother is the total opposite of me, she has trouble keeping weight on (thyroid removed due to cancer and hyperthyroidism) so impression of dieting was starving, now she understands that while it may be considered a "diet" it's more about eating healthy and a life style change. She was also surpised at the amount of food I get to eat, it doesn't sound like a lot but as you know, it really is a bunch of food!

I didn't try the veggie drinks, just the HNS's and like you they definitely filled me up in the beginning but now I'm used to them and my meals.

dkdaisybutters
02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
How does the veggie and fruit thing work, does your center make you put it in your plan or it is just your choice? I asked once and they said that if I could eat the veggies that it is better than getting that but i didnt know if I should buy some, if anything for convenience?

MrsRiker
02-21-2013, 05:24 AM
How does the veggie and fruit thing work, does your center make you put it in your plan or it is just your choice?

one scoop allowed daily "for health benefits" or two scoops replaces a veggie serving. So, you do need to put it on your food diary. Two scoops is 60-70 calories ( depending on which one you use). I think it would be a problem if you were using it for EVERY veggie, I use it at dinner 2 or 3 times a weeks because I'm just not very hungry by then.

MsHunny
02-21-2013, 01:54 PM
How does the veggie and fruit thing work, does your center make you put it in your plan or it is just your choice? I asked once and they said that if I could eat the veggies that it is better than getting that but i didnt know if I should buy some, if anything for convenience?

It's included in my plan. I have to have 1 scoop per day, as it contains about 9 servings of fruits and vegetables. I'm so not in love with it. I actually just got off the phone with my center and they were giving me suggestions on what to do to make it taste better.

firegirl441
02-27-2013, 12:22 AM
The center here doesn't have the fruit/veggie stuff you all are talking about. I love the new Blue Raspberry liquid drink mix they just got in. One day I mixed it with some cold water and squirted some real lemon juice in it. Boy was that great! I will definitely do that again. I drink the orange and pomegranate drinks hot like tea. I really enjoy these before going to bed.

dkdaisybutters
02-27-2013, 09:39 PM
It's included in my plan. I have to have 1 scoop per day, as it contains about 9 servings of fruits and vegetables. I'm so not in love with it. I actually just got off the phone with my center and they were giving me suggestions on what to do to make it taste better.

I bought the fruit and veggie one, what are some of the suggestions they gave you for the taste...it isn't horrible but it could be better

MsHunny
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
I bought the fruit and veggie one, what are some of the suggestions they gave you for the taste...it isn't horrible but it could be better

One of the counselors actually suggested mixing it with one of the syrup drinks. She told me to use the kiwi-melon one and put it in the blender with your water and it makes almost kind of a smoothie. I'm also not too fond of the kiwi-melon either. The solution that I came up with for myself was to just allow it to be one of the first things I have in the morning. I just chug it down and know that anything else I put into my mouth after that will taste much better. I'm looking forward to the day that I no longer need their drink mixes.

MsHunny
02-28-2013, 02:07 PM
The center here doesn't have the fruit/veggie stuff you all are talking about. I love the new Blue Raspberry liquid drink mix they just got in. One day I mixed it with some cold water and squirted some real lemon juice in it. Boy was that great! I will definitely do that again. I drink the orange and pomegranate drinks hot like tea. I really enjoy these before going to bed.

I'm okay with the grape and pink lemonade so far. I don't care for kiwi-melon or mixed berry (tastes medicinal). Maybe I'll be able to trade the duplicates that I have for something else. The cappuccino and double chocolate pudding are also tolerable. There's a bit of an after taste with both and neither taste exactly like the real thing.

MsHunny
03-13-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm on day 24, but I hit a snag last week and spent the entire week paying for it. It didn't help that my son also had a birthday last week. My body is already having a hard time adjusting. I'm back on track, as of Tuesday, but I really want to work out. I've been advised that, if I choose to do so, I have to add another protein drink before I work out and I can only do a little bit, maybe 3 times a week. Thing is, I'm so over all of the MRC products (UGH!!!) and the supplements. I'm taking 10 additional pills a day, on top of my medical regimen. It really has me questioning this program. I think I just want to eat better and work out. That's basically the lesson I've learned. They already called and tried to offer me another round, but I don't think this program is for me. I'm more interested in a reduced calorie intake program and a workout plan. I thought this would be it for me, but it's more torture than anything. My meals are becoming more blah and I'm literally sick of the products. 16 more days and I'm done. On to something else after that. Maybe the menu programs will be better...

dkdaisybutters
03-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't think you should give up that easily but that is just my opinion. You have been losing weight good so far. You got off track and put your body out of fat burning mode so it will need to adjust accordingly. The products you get used to honestly, I find that the longer I do the program the more I actually want to drink some different ones now that I used to not like. After the program, I may even try to look for products that are similar or keep buying some of them. As far as the pills, you don't have to take any except for the multivitamins and oils. I never took any pills in the beginning and the only reason I do now is by choice. They shouldn't push you to take pills that you don't want to and if you voice that to them then they should understand. I was told that we could work out 5 times a week no more than an hour long. They suggested a protein drink if I started to work out more than about 3x a week but didn't tell me I HAD to. Maybe our centers are different but I would certainly check more into that. They even have a different menu for those who work out more than the 5x a week I believe. As far as meals go there are plenty of ways to mix things up such as the apple celery salad out of the cookbook instead of plain old vegis. I never used to try any recipes because I thought they were all gross after I made one that sucked but mixing things up does help! Or try putting franks sauce on chicken or a new seasoning you have never tried. It is a lifestyle change, they aren't doing it to make you miserable. I actually eat for energy now instead of just eating out of boredom or stress. I know myself probably couldn't have stuck to a calorie in calorie out menu when losing all the weight but you might be different. I would have ate badly on a calorie based menu and never would have learned the importance of eating healthy foods. This program works if you give it a chance; I know from experience. Good luck on your weight loss journey whatever you decide and keep us updated how you are doing!

Work In Progress
03-13-2013, 11:57 PM
MsHunny, I'm sad to hear that you are not feeling satisfied with the program because of the products. My advice would be to talk to your center and tell them how unhappy you are taking all the products, it's what I did. I started on everything and reduced it down to the things I feel that work for me. The way I see it is that this is my program, I have invested the money so my thinking is they work for me. If I'm unhappy with something you can bet I'm telling them and together we come up with something that does work. I hope you reconsider, whatever the outcome I hope the absolute best for you! :hug:

rn5192008
03-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Ms. Hunny,
I know how you are feeling I just finished the program u are on. It is very hard and not realistic.
Hold out and finish this program, then go to the regular program it is much better. With the regular program you will learn to eat better, have more food choices and you will be able to exercise. Also mix the and fruit and veggie with grape drink it hides the flavor better.

dkdaisybutters
03-14-2013, 08:45 AM
My bad, I misunderstood that you were on a different menu type thing, sorry about that.

MsHunny
03-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks so much for all of the feedback and encouragement, Ladies! I really appreciate it.

Yes, dkdaisybutters, I'm very restricted right now. I'm seriously just looking forward to this portion being over. I'm not giving up on losing weight, not even giving up on MRC. I just don't think I can mentally handle another round or two of what I'm doing now.

Work In Progress, I'm definitely going to speak with them about all the extras. When I signed up, they were pushed on me. It was said that, since I'm on this program, all of those extras were required. My initial thought was, "If they're required, why are they not included in the big chunk of change I just paid for the program?" But I wanted to do everything I "needed" to do in order for the program to be most effective for me. I'll be done with them before this round is up, and I definitely don't intend to invest in more.

rn5192008, I'm definitely looking forward to that part. I'm not hungry on this part, but I'm extremely bored. I knew I would be restricted, but I've seen similar programs allow some other foods. I've tried phentermine before and had good results with an 1100 calorie per day diet and exercise. I just didn't want to do phentermine again.

Overall, this program is teaching me portion control. I just feel there should be some leeway in any program that allows a real snack and not always something that tastes like every bit of flavor has been removed from it. I should be able to include it in my count or something. I miss things like cheese and some bread every once in a while. I love bread, but I realize that I didn't eat it that much. But I miss it now. I've learned to listen to my body when it says I'm full. It hasn't been a waste of money, but I'm not as happy that I chose this program anymore.

Thanks for allowing me to rant. And thanks, again, for your words of encouragement.

g8rgrljen78
03-14-2013, 07:13 PM
You can do it MsHunny! I have a feeling we are on the same plan...lol. THough I start it tomorrow (2 days eating lots of good stuff first). There are other plans but other aspects are different so remember that. Also, if you have never read or heard about weight loss apocalypse I highly recommend it. Robin Woodall is the author and she has tons of you tube videos and facebook groups. I am ready to get this 28 days over with and work on maintaining! Good luck!

arcunningham
03-14-2013, 08:01 PM
:dust:

I will give you some will power dust because that is what this diet is for sure! The best advice is to make the promise to yourself that you are going to do the very best you can and if you break the promise, the only person you let down is yourself.
It is very hard to force yourself to do it, but if you DO IT, IT WORKS. :book2:

I was guilty of boring myself to death on eating the same thing over and over and I'm currently seeking advise on new meal ideas so I will not do that again. Change it up.

Best of Luck!

MsHunny
03-14-2013, 10:53 PM
g8rgrljen78 - Yes! We are! I took the 40 day. I'm gonna make the best of the time that I have left on this part, but each day I get a little happier that I'm closer to the end of it. I know that it doesn't mean I'll jump right back into other foods, but at least there will be a little more variety. I'll look into Robin Woodall and see how that works for me.

arcunningham - Thanks for the dust! I definitely need it! I'm going to do this...I paid for it. I just know not to do it again! LOL!

I'm so thankful for this site! I'd be sitting somewhere eating my feelings if I couldn't look forward to positive feedback from you Ladies! Thank you so much!

MsHunny
03-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Well...went in for a weigh-in today. They keep weighing me at 217, but my weigh-in at home, this morning, before all the drinks and supplements, said 214.8. That puts me down at about 12 pounds and I've lost 14 inches in 27 days. I also voiced how I felt about the program I was on and all the extras and restrictions. After I told my story of feeling defeated by a plan that leaves no room for error and the errors that I'm bound to make having some sort of a life, the counselor explained how she understood my pain. She said she has experienced the same thing because it's not real life eating. She also allowed me to switch to Meta-Slim. I have to wait for 3 days, but I'm excited to see how this feels. The first things I noticed were cheese, bread, and exercise! I instantly felt less stressed. I'll keep you guys updated as I go through this process. I'm looking forward to more weight and inches coming off.

Thanks for your support!

g8rgrljen78
03-17-2013, 02:01 PM
I was wondering if they let people switch...today is day one after two goody days. I will see how it goes....glad you were able to find something better for you!

MsHunny, did you have to pay any more $ to change? Since we did the one that was most expensive curious....today is not going well at all. Severe headache....ughhh.

MsHunny
03-18-2013, 11:20 PM
I was wondering if they let people switch...today is day one after two goody days. I will see how it goes....glad you were able to find something better for you!

MsHunny, did you have to pay any more $ to change? Since we did the one that was most expensive curious....today is not going well at all. Severe headache....ughhh.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It does take a few days to adjust. My center didn't charge me. I think it just depends on the center. They're all independent. I will have to pay when my old plan is scheduled to expire. I'll just have to renew my current program. I hope this helps. Like the other ladies told me, just talk to your counselors. That's what they're there for. It was a great help to me.