Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Swollen Feet

I'm currently rebooting IP with alternatives and have noticed that my feet are swollen. I haven't increased my salt as far as I know, I use it on my veggies, salad and evening meal in order to ensure I get what is required.

I'm also drinking as much water as I normally did as well as taking vitamins.
My feet do not necessarily look swollen but my shoes feel small and my thighs feel big.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any reason for it?
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/195.2/170

Height: 5'11

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice. But maybe you should call your dr? Do you have heart problems? Not trying to scare you, but my best friend has a bad heart and that's what she experiences all the time. Sometimes her feet are so swollen that her toes don't touch the floor.

Good luck.
lookinfor170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I had those problems (and many more), but before going on any diet. In my case it was my heart not working properly anymore. I found in the end that the main problem was endocrine disruption. Sluggish thyroid, burnt out adrenals (I was under a lot of stress at the time) and low estrogen. I am not sure whether estrogen went down because of my thyroid and adrenal glands. But I am mentioning estrogen (and progesterone) because when I started an IP-like diet (hald IP, half alternatives), I lost weight fast and started to have TOM irregularities and other hormone-related effects. I think that IP can mess up your hormones depending on your state of health/age. This may indirectly affect heart function or it may affect aldosterone production, which is, I believe, dependent on your sex hormone balance. Aldosterone can also affect water retention. In any case, go to your doctor.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #4  

Hi thanks for the input. No heart issues here and I usually have low blood pressure so extra salt wouldn't really affect me and the temperature is definitely not on the hot side as I know warmer climates can cause swelling as well. I'll keep an eye on it....
Old 02-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Are you rebooting with the same products you used the first time? Could they possibly have more sodium in them? Are you using the same vitamins or could the potassium you are using be "off"?

Are you wearing different clothes (skinny pants, boots) that might be contributing?

Past that, I agree with the other posters, keep an eye on it and visit the doctor if it doesn't resolve.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Are you rebooting with the same products you used the first time? Could they possibly have more sodium in them? Are you using the same vitamins or could the potassium you are using be "off"?

Are you wearing different clothes (skinny pants, boots) that might be contributing?

Past that, I agree with the other posters, keep an eye on it and visit the doctor if it doesn't resolve.
I'm rebooting with the same food and vitamins. I'm going to start cutting down my salt as perhaps I've been too generous with it