Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 2/11/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 2/11/2013

lisa32989
02-11-2013, 06:59 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Trina M
02-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Good morning everyone. I am looking forward to the weekend already but that's because my son comes home Friday!! Haven't seen him since January 3rd. He is going to university 7 hours away from home.

Had a busy day yesterday mudding and taping 2 bedrooms and am a bit sore. Not use to manual labour lol.

Have a great Monday

1LittleStar
02-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Pretty uneventful weel planned here. Car got stuck in the driveway this morning, so had to take the truck. Love winter! Makes me look forward to my trip south in March even more. lol

bubbleblower
02-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Mornin' everyone! I'm just catching up on last night's posts ...
Originally Posted by IP43
NEWPLAN -- Skip the IP cruise and go hang with Bubbleblower! I like sleeping in too, so you can keep your diving routine, and I'll take over for the SIL! I'll even do IP cooking for you and DH! I'd stick away from my banana zuchinni muffins or any kind of chip -- I don't really have those down pat yet

Hey, we could do an IP retreat here! Hmmmm, yummy snacks ready and waiting after the dives .... Sounds good!!

Originally Posted by Shedit
Semi retirement, vacation...diving location, whatever you call it I want way MORE of it in my life! Congrats for staying OP!

Yes Bubble is my new IDOL!

LOL! Yeah, life it good. Even better now that I'm getting back to a healthy weight. I'm going to be a lot more comfortable in a swim suit today than I was a few months ago. I also suspect I won't be quite as worn out as I was previously after the dives. I think my body has finally gotten used to the idea that it has to burn fat primarily for energy. That said, I'm sitting here drinking my IP cappuccino and I have an EAS shake and IP peanut crunch bar in my bag for after each dive. They get put in the cooler as soon as I get on the boat. I'm shooting macro today, so I'm hoping for some cool little critters for pics. (That means I'll probably get sharks and mantas. :lol: )

See y'all later on ... Have a good day!!

IPRound2
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
What a wierd morning. I woke up incredibly guilty this morning jumped on the scale (Even though i try not to be a daily weigher sometimes i just can't help it) and was up a pound from Saturday. I was mentally kicking myself, saying its my own darn fault as I made the choice to pig out all weekend. And then really started thinking - I was 100%OP all weekend. I had dreamt that I pigged out. I hope that the increase in a pound is because my hubby made dinner last night and used more real salt on the meat than I ever would have. I have an early weigh in tomorrow as I will be travelling all week- hopefully I can flush all that salt today. Crazy how real that dream seemed and how guilty I felt this morning.

IP43
02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
:swim:Sounds like a great day Bubble -- I'll wait for ya by the beach:beach:

ok... I'm just dreaming. Another snow day here due to ice rain. My THOUGHTS will be with you at the beach-- especially when the kids start getting ancy....

bttrhalf
02-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Had my weigh in on Friday....and i am now officially in the 130's...139.6 only 4lbs to go till goal.
I was trying clothes on from the skinny box this weekend and I can finally fit into a dress that i have had put away for along time because I couldn't fit into it.
and I have no more clothes to go thru in the skinny box. :carrot::carrot:

bttrhalf
02-11-2013, 09:16 AM
this is the dress that I can finally fit into.:D

scorbett1103
02-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Had my weigh in on Friday....and i am now officially in the 130's...139.6 only 4lbs to go till goal.
I was trying clothes on from the skinny box this weekend and I can finally fit into a dress that i have had put away for along time because I couldn't fit into it.

Congratulations!!! Very cute dress too :)

Bubbleblower, just tell me when I should buy my plane ticket. Hubby can handle the kids without me for a little while, right???? :)

Rough night last night - hubby got the house returned mostly to normal after the Little Boy Tsunami, but wasn't able to get much more shoveling done. I got home after work and was feeling a little energized, so I headed out to dig out the car (we are supposed to get freezing rain today, which would mean the snow around my car would have become a block of ice). What I didn't realize was that I was out there for TWO HOURS. The activity seems to have triggered a bad bout of charlie horse cramps in both of my legs, they woke me out of a sound sleep and hurt really bad. Body is very sore today, so I'm taking some Ibuprofen, drinking tons of water, and taking it easy. But my car is no longer a giant snow mound!

IP43
02-11-2013, 09:32 AM
NICE! Now you get to go SHOPPIN' soon!

A1Texan
02-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I know that this isn't the case for all coaches but here's my story. I haven't seen my coach since January 11th. At that time I told her I would be going to Vegas but planned to stay OP. We didn't set a future appointment. Four weeks later with no communication from her office, I sent a text last Friday stating that I have been 100% OP since I started with her and have lost 24lbs. I expected at least a "Congrats". But no word at all. Since I have been considering going it alone without a coach and with alternatives, this just sealed the deal. Another clinic into this only for the money.

She Off soapbox..LOL Thanks for everyone's support through this journey!

scorbett1103
02-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I know that this isn't the case for all coaches but here's my story. I haven't seen my coach since January 11th. At that time I told her I would be going to Vegas but planned to stay OP. We didn't set a future appointment. Four weeks later with no communication from her office, I sent a text last Friday stating that I have been 100% OP since I started with her and have lost 24lbs. I expected at least a "Congrats". But no word at all. Since I have been considering going it alone without a coach and with alternatives, this just sealed the deal. Another clinic into this only for the money.

So sorry to hear that - but you are doing a fantastic job, and we are all here to be your "coaches" when you need it! I went "rogue" 18 weeks ago and the folks here have been invaluable in that journey! Good luck!

maryann21
02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Bttrhalf that is great!!!!

Ojenchilada
02-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Sitting in dr office now for annual physical. Weight: 200. Height: 5'4.5"

I think they just subtracted a pound and added an inch, but I will take it! :)

A1Texan
02-11-2013, 10:39 AM
So sorry to hear that - but you are doing a fantastic job, and we are all here to be your "coaches" when you need it! I went "rogue" 18 weeks ago and the folks here have been invaluable in that journey! Good luck!
Thanks Scrobett..! I really enjoy coming here. In fact it was my coach that suggested that I visit this site on my very first day. Funny how things have turned. :)

lookinfor170
02-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks Scrobett..! I really enjoy coming here. In fact it was my coach that suggested that I visit this site on my very first day. Funny how things have turned. :)

That IS funny, because my coach was like 3FC is BAD, BAD, BAD! Don't go there! :)

I KNOW it's because of the alternatives info on this site. She doesn't want anything interrupting her cash flow. ;)

1LittleStar
02-11-2013, 10:50 AM
LOL! Yeah, life it good. Even better now that I'm getting back to a healthy weight. I'm going to be a lot more comfortable in a swim suit today than I was a few months ago. I also suspect I won't be quite as worn out as I was previously after the dives. I think my body has finally gotten used to the idea that it has to burn fat primarily for energy. That said, I'm sitting here drinking my IP cappuccino and I have an EAS shake and IP peanut crunch bar in my bag for after each dive. They get put in the cooler as soon as I get on the boat. I'm shooting macro today, so I'm hoping for some cool little critters for pics. (That means I'll probably get sharks and mantas. :lol: )

Can't wait to see your pics!!

What a wierd morning. I woke up incredibly guilty this morning jumped on the scale (Even though i try not to be a daily weigher sometimes i just can't help it) and was up a pound from Saturday. I was mentally kicking myself, saying its my own darn fault as I made the choice to pig out all weekend. And then really started thinking - I was 100%OP all weekend. I had dreamt that I pigged out. I hope that the increase in a pound is because my hubby made dinner last night and used more real salt on the meat than I ever would have. I have an early weigh in tomorrow as I will be travelling all week- hopefully I can flush all that salt today. Crazy how real that dream seemed and how guilty I felt this morning.

That is wild! Sometimes dreams are very real. I'm sure that pound will be gone in no time.

Love the skinny box! Enjoy. Very nice dress.

Rough night last night - hubby got the house returned mostly to normal after the Little Boy Tsunami, but wasn't able to get much more shoveling done. I got home after work and was feeling a little energized, so I headed out to dig out the car (we are supposed to get freezing rain today, which would mean the snow around my car would have become a block of ice). What I didn't realize was that I was out there for TWO HOURS. The activity seems to have triggered a bad bout of charlie horse cramps in both of my legs, they woke me out of a sound sleep and hurt really bad. Body is very sore today, so I'm taking some Ibuprofen, drinking tons of water, and taking it easy. But my car is no longer a giant snow mound!

Two hours is a lot of shovelling! Hope you feel better soon.

Wow, how unsupportive. I agree, alternatives is probably a good idea, you're on your own already anyway!

Sitting in dr office now for annual physical. Weight: 200. Height: 5'4.5"

I think they just subtracted a pound and added an inch, but I will take it! :)

That made me laugh. I would take it too! :D

Cheekyskeeter
02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Happy Monday everyone! So thought I'd share my NSV from this weekend. I have an identical twin sister who for years now has always been much lighter then me (by just under 40 lbs). Well I went to visit on the weekend and she took me to try on a bunch of clothes that she thought I could use (I don't want to buy much right now while I'm transitioning). I haven't been able to fit in any of her clothes for years now BUT....I brought home a whole bag of stuff and happy to say that 95% of them fit me right now and the other 5% will fit me really soon! It was very exciting. I'm actually wearing a pair of my skinny jeans I bought and a cute black fitted sweater she gave me and if I must say so myself I look pretty dang good! I even paired it with my high heeled boots although....maybe not the best day to do that as it's pretty icy and slippery out there lol.

A1Texan
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Happy Monday everyone! So thought I'd share my NSV from this weekend. I have an identical twin sister who for years now has always been much lighter then me (by just under 40 lbs). Well I went to visit on the weekend and she took me to try on a bunch of clothes that she thought I could use (I don't want to buy much right now while I'm transitioning). I haven't been able to fit in any of her clothes for years now BUT....I brought home a whole bag of stuff and happy to say that 95% of them fit me right now and the other 5% will fit me really soon! It was very exciting. I'm actually wearing a pair of my skinny jeans I bought and a cute black fitted sweater she gave me and if I must say so myself I look pretty dang good! I even paired it with my high heeled boots although....maybe not the best day to do that as it's pretty icy and slippery out there lol.
That is a great NSV. Having all new cloths and didn't have to pay for them...I say "Thanks Sis". Your next visit you'll have to take her cloths you can't wear anymore because you will have passed her :)

I'm about to have to make a trip to Goodwill for some new shirts. A co-worker said I'm starting to look like a homeless guys with baggy shirts :)

RareBird
02-11-2013, 12:01 PM

How funny! I think we've all had pig out dreams, with the resulting guilt... but mine didn't cause a weight gain!

As you mentioned "real salt", I wondered about the differences between "real salt" and sea salt, so did some research and read that the only difference was that sea salt had a purer taste because chemicals weren't used in the manufacturing process. Is that really the case, or does it somehow result in less water retention?

Suchawittygal
02-11-2013, 12:07 PM

OMG! Texan, I did the EXACT same thing on Friday! I hadn't seen my coach for four weeks (as of last Friday) and sent her a text to tell her I had been 100% OP and am down 31 lbs and only 15 lbs to goal...AND I wanted to set up a weigh-in for next Friday...I haven't heard one peep from her.

I guess what I need is the sheet they give you when you go into Phase 2, maintenance? do they give you something? That's when I'm going to need the help the most.

NinjaNurse
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Hey all!! It was a interesting w/e. Had a 'campout' at work, which was surprisingly fun. Everyone was in good spirits at least until morning. I got to go home at 10am ish to no power. We ended up at my Aunt & Uncles where we cooked on a wood stove. (They had a generator)
We got power yesterday and are now home. I stayed OP the entire time, and considering we got free food all day/night in the cafeteria, it was TOUGH. (Had a fantastic egg white, mushroom, and spinach omelet!)
I also have started to 'go rogue' this week and am loving some of the new food packets from Proti-diet, Syntax, and Health Wise, something like that. Even got to have Hot Choco when everyone else did!! (Although my family was driving me nuts asking me about what I could eat and not eat.)
I felt renewed after such a good w/e, despite the weather and staying at work 16hrs, but woke up to BACK SPASMS!!
Now I am out today and figuring out how to nip this in the bud asap.
Amazing how quickly this becomes a way of life and not just a 'diet'. Considering how may emotional issues I have associated with food, if I can do this, anyone can!!
Sorry, on a caffeine/choco drink high.

Gonna really try
02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
down 5 pounds and 7 inches. have today off so gonna do prep for the week, kale chips, some broccoli and rotini salad, beef and broccoli/pepper stir "fry", stuff like that.

gotta get some cleaning done and shoveling too. prep is much more fun.

thanks.

say, anyone know if Pollack fish is ok? was at the store and got what I thought were two bags of tilapia but realize now one is Pollack.

leannekarella
02-11-2013, 12:23 PM
It sounds like everyone is doing so well!

I'm in a slight freak-out because this is going to be such a busy week with my volunteer commitments. For me, staying at home (I work from home) is so much easier to stay 100% OP, but I do have a plan. I've got a little thermal lunch bag I will keep with me at all times with my IP foods/drinks and veggies.

I'm skipping the volunteer dinner on Wednesday, and just showing up for the event after, because I can't sit and watch everyone else eat "bad" food from a really good restaurant. But this coming Sunday is a luncheon (which I organized, so I cannot skip it) and I think I'll be bringing my food then, too, and just try not to think about everyone wondering why I have that little purple bag I keep dipping into!:s:

Wish me luck!

lisa32989
02-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Hey, we could do an IP retreat here! Hmmmm, yummy snacks ready and waiting after the dives .... Sounds good!!
3FC IP retreat in the tropics? Don't tempt me!

Wow! Ignored = gone.
I'd do the same thing. As you can see, many others are able to continue sans-coach with the help of this forum. You will do it too!

ladylunk
02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Just catching up with all the weekend chats haven't been on for a bit except to fill out my 50 day challenge form. Had a rough weekend emotionally, but managed to stay OP. Actually it wasn't even a struggle....Who would have thought...

Attempted the cauliflower mash last night with a roasted chicken dinner. They turned out like baby food and were really gross. I love roasted cauliflower so was very disappointed that I had these beautifully roasted florets and turned them into nastiness. Of course I was cooking for someone other than my husband who is also on IP and I would have to say altogether the worst dinner I have cooked since starting. I really like the idea of the purees, but for me I feel like it all blends down to such a small amount and I usually feel like I am shorting myself on the enjoyment of eating my veggies. I usually like the full 4 cups. Although with the rough weekend I must say there was a couple times I struggled with veggies and added spinach to my drink which worked amazing. Well must run and clean up someone is popping by soon. Have a great week.

lookinfor170
02-11-2013, 01:16 PM
How funny! I think we've all had pig out dreams, with the resulting guilt... but mine didn't cause a weight gain!

As you mentioned "real salt", I wondered about the differences between "real salt" and sea salt, so did some research and read that the only difference was that sea salt had a purer taste because chemicals weren't used in the manufacturing process. Is that really the case, or does it somehow result in less water retention?

GREAT question! I hope someone knows the answer to this salt question because I'd love to know too. The sea salt/regular salt thing confuses me.

tam67green
02-11-2013, 01:19 PM
That IS funny, because my coach was like 3FC is BAD, BAD, BAD! Don't go there! :)

I KNOW it's because of the alternatives info on this site. She doesn't want anything interrupting her cash flow. ;)

That's amazing! Did she give you any rationale aside from "you will reduce my profit margin"? That's pretty transparent! :rolleyes:

I have not told my coach about 3FC and I don't plan to. It's funny, but I have complained about my coach and clinic more than once--I am made to feel like an unruly, willful child when I don't lose enough or admit to having a bite of something off program (i.e., Christmas and New Years). I think that's ridiculous because I'm an adult and I made conscious decisions, knowing the possible consequences. At my appointment last week, she had a flier for me to take home with new contact information for the clinic, and it said something along the lines of "remember that we are here to help you. We know that everyone has bumps along the way to their goal, and we are here to help you, not judge you." Thought that was interesting! I never said anything, but I wonder if someone else has told them that their approach was very negative.

IP43
02-11-2013, 01:52 PM

Okay -- now I have a visual of you in camo gear (and a smile).... Going "rogue" sounds very .... Rambo .... of you Scorbett

IP43
02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
OMG! Texan, I did the EXACT same thing on Friday! I hadn't seen my coach for four weeks (as of last Friday) and sent her a text to tell her I had been 100% OP and am down 31 lbs and only 15 lbs to goal...AND I wanted to set up a weigh-in for next Friday...I haven't heard one peep from her.

I guess what I need is the sheet they give you when you go into Phase 2, maintenance? do they give you something? That's when I'm going to need the help the most.

Every sheet you need is posted in the first two threads at the top of the page -- the "stickies" that everyone keeps referring to. Every phase, all the info,all you need - plus you got us :hug:

leannekarella
02-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Attempted the cauliflower mash last night with a roasted chicken dinner. They turned out like baby food and were really gross. I love roasted cauliflower so was very disappointed that I had these beautifully roasted florets and turned them into nastiness.

My nephew, a body builder promised me I'd come to love mashed cauliflower more than mashed potatoes. I do love cauliflower roasted, steamed, and I use it for every rice dish now... But I didn't like it mashed. So I'm with you there!

Alliegirl17
02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey All!!
I just started back OP after taking a few months off for the holidays ... I shouldn't have, but I did :( Oh well ... I am back and that is all that matters!!

Does anyone know if Sugar-free Jello is ok? There isn't any sugar, carbs, fat. Is that ok to eat?

Suchawittygal
02-11-2013, 02:24 PM

Okay..I think I just go "dropped" by my coach. She sent me back the following message (just FYI, I see this "coach" through my General Practitioner's office, so Holly is one of the LPA's there):
"Hi Cheryl! That's wonderful news! Holly wanted me to let you know that she would like you to follow up with her instead at a regular visit."

So, I sent this back: "Okay, are you still my coach though? So I need to make an appointment and pay an insurance copay to see someone IP related?"

I've heard nothing back. :?:

Ojenchilada
02-11-2013, 02:32 PM
As mentioned earlier, I had my annual physical today. I have been inputting my food on myfitness pal and noticed that most days, I hit between 730-800 calories per day. I worried that that might shut down my metabolism (making it even slower than it already is), so I consulted with my doctor about it.

Good news -- He totally endorses this plan! In med school, he spent years in a research facility researching obesity, body composition, and weight loss. He said that this program will not negatively impact metabolism and that I shouldn't worry at all as long as I am really following it.

So I know y'all are already true believers, but I admit I had my doubts. It feels good to get a second opinion that helps allay my fears. :D

He also said that they would be able to tell in my blood and urine tests if I am not getting all necessary nutrition. And also that based upon my body composition, my basal metabolic rate is likely about 1100 calories. No wonder I gain weight eating like a "normal" person. Boo.

A1Texan
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Okay..I think I just go "dropped" by my coach. She sent me back the following message (just FYI, I see this "coach" through my General Practitioner's office, so Holly is one of the LPA's there):
"Hi Cheryl! That's wonderful news! Holly wanted me to let you know that she would like you to follow up with her instead at a regular visit."

So, I sent this back: "Okay, are you still my coach though? So I need to make an appointment and pay an insurance copay to see someone IP related?"

We are here for you WittyGal. Pull that bandaid off and go for it :) I talked about it with my GP and he said I have all the tools to do this without an IP Coach. I just scheduled an appointment with him 4 months from now for blood work. He's good with it, I'm good with it, Lisa's good with it, Scorbett is good with it....I say it's a go..>LOL

fam4me
02-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Have a sick son home with me today. Hope the poor thing feels better soon ! Had my WI today, after missing last week and was down 4#'s. Soooo close to loosing 100 pounds! I remember how excited I was to get to onederland.....never really thought I'd get to 100 lost but it is in sight. Gotta love IP!

Ojenchilada
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Have a sick son home with me today. Hope the poor thing feels better soon ! Had my WI today, after missing last week and was down 4#'s. Soooo close to loosing 100 pounds! I remember how excited I was to get to onederland.....never really thought I'd get to 100 lost but it is in sight. Gotta love IP!

That's so amazing! I always love seeing your before and after photos. You were always beautiful, but your transformation (from good old fashioned hard work) is really an inspiration.

IP43
02-11-2013, 02:47 PM

WOW! You do not even look like the same person. SUPER BIG CONGRATS!!
Today is the hundredth day of school - not that you care BUT every year when your son points out it's the 100th day, you can have your own mini-celebration of your own 100 success at this time of year!! What a great Valentine's gift to YOU, because you're worth it!:val1:

:congrat::congrat::cheer2::cheer3::congrat:

Suchawittygal
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
We are here for you WittyGal. Pull that bandaid off and go for it :) I talked about it with my GP and he said I have all the tools to do this without an IP Coach. I just scheduled an appointment with him 4 months from now for blood work. He's good with it, I'm good with it, Lisa's good with it, Scorbett is good with it....I say it's a go..>LOL

Thanks Texan! I've ripped the bandaid off and am MOVIN' ON...OP! Who needs a damn coach when I've got all you professionals!! I'm runnin' for the finish line now. :D

A1Texan
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks Texan! I've ripped the bandaid off and am MOVIN' ON...OP! Who needs a damn coach when I've got all you professionals!! I'm runnin' for the finish line now. :D
That a girl...Going Rogue :s:

bubbleblower
02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
:swim:Sounds like a great day Bubble -- I'll wait for ya by the beach:beach:

Bubbleblower, just tell me when I should buy my plane ticket. Hubby can handle the kids without me for a little while, right???? :)

3FC IP retreat in the tropics? Don't tempt me!

Uh, oh ... I better get ready for lots of company!! Honestly, wish you all could join me down here instead of dealing with shoveling out from the storm! The sky is blue, there's a calm breeze, and the water and air temps both are around 80 degrees. What's also nice is that there's a lot of IP friendly food options for dinners - but you'll have to bring along your own packets!

Of course, I sealed my fate when I put the macro lens on the camera. We got to hang around with a few Caribbean reef sharks and nurse sharks for most of the second dive. With the wrong lens on the camera, I could just watch them instead of taking lots of photos.

Nice! Happened for me yesterday. It was cool to see a number less than 140 since it has been years and years since that's happened for me. Enjoy hunting through that skinny box for all kinds of great finds!

Wow. Guess I'm lucky in a way. I can't say I really rely on my coach for a whole lot of coaching. I basically get weighed and measured and order food every couple of weeks. Since I'm out of town a lot, there really was no way to be on a week to week schedule, so I guess it was pretty apparent from the start that I was self reliant. I do mix in some alternatives here and there to keep things interesting (and less expensive!) but still use a lot of the IP products.

mrskuby
02-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Wow!!! You are such an inspiration! Great work!!!:D

onmyway1014
02-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Just home from my weigh in and I'm down 7.4 lbs!

I thought something was wrong with my home scale as it was showing me down a lb each morning when I got on it - but apparently I had a visit from the whoosh fairy and my scale is really working.

We had a snow day again here too and I have to say being stuck with 3 ansy kids and Hubby for 4 days straight is getting stressful. the freezing rain has finally topped and I got the 2 youngest boys to go out and play in the snow. Some peace at last!

Ojenchilada
02-11-2013, 04:17 PM

I thought something was wrong with my home scale as it was showing me down a lb each morning when I got on it - but apparently I had a visit from the whoosh fairy and my scale is really working.

We had a snow day again here too and I have to say being stuck with 3 ansy kids and Hubby for 4 days straight is getting stressful. the freezing rain has finally topped and I got the 2 youngest boys to go out and play in the snow. Some peace at last!

Holy moly! And just like that, you're more than halfway to goal! :carrot::carrot:

IP43
02-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey All!!
I just started back OP after taking a few months off for the holidays ... I shouldn't have, but I did :( Oh well ... I am back and that is all that matters!!

Does anyone know if Sugar-free Jello is ok? There isn't any sugar, carbs, fat. Is that ok to eat?

I'm eating it as I type! There are some that are sweetened with Splenda, which is better than the Aspartame version. Stick away from Aspartame if possible, is the general consensus I believe.

Personally, I can't justify $4 an IP pack, when I can get 8 cups for 79cents or whatever.... I'm sure the IP pack is better with the collogen, yadda yadda yadda, but I just want a sweet treat once in awhile, without resorting to a "restricted" so on occasion, I'll be one o' the kids sittin' up in the Jello Tree
(I may just have dated myself to all the Cosby fans out there)

JenRem
02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
this is the dress that I can finally fit into.:D

Yeah! Adorable dress. Have fun going through the skinny box. Congrats!

How fun and exciting! Glad you had a good day with your twin and are super happy with yourself and your body as well! Congrats!

down 5 pounds and 7 inches. have today off so gonna do prep for the week, kale chips, some broccoli and rotini salad, beef and broccoli/pepper stir "fry", stuff like that.

gotta get some cleaning done and shoveling too. prep is much more fun.

thanks.

say, anyone know if Pollack fish is ok? was at the store and got what I thought were two bags of tilapia but realize now one is Pollack.

I don't know about the fish, sorry. Just wanted to say - Keep up the good job! You are doing great by prepping for your week. Prepping/planning to be OP is really what makes the difference. Great mindset!

Hey All!!

I'm not sure about the sugar-free Jello. Maybe someone else will jump in and answer. I do believe that it has to be 0/0/0, which means no fat, no carbs, and no calories. Also, IP is Aspartame-free (also called Nutra-Sweet).

I just wanted to say Welcome Back! And you're absolutely right - you are here NOW and that's what matters. I'm proud of you for getting back on the wagon! You can do it!

As mentioned earlier, I had my annual physical today. I have been inputting my food on myfitness pal and noticed that most days, I hit between 730-800 calories per day. I worried that that might shut down my metabolism (making it even slower than it already is), so I consulted with my doctor about it.

Good news -- He totally endorses this plan! In med school, he spent years in a research facility researching obesity, body composition, and weight loss. He said that this program will not negatively impact metabolism and that I shouldn't worry at all as long as I am really following it.

So I know y'all are already true believers, but I admit I had my doubts. It feels good to get a second opinion that helps allay my fears. :D

He also said that they would be able to tell in my blood and urine tests if I am not getting all necessary nutrition. And also that based upon my body composition, my basal metabolic rate is likely about 1100 calories. No wonder I gain weight eating like a "normal" person. Boo.

Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate hearing your Dr's. viewpoint. Would you mind giving us a post regarding your results (blood and urine tests) when you get them? Mostly, I'm just curious if they come back normal and this again supports IP's weight loss program/process. Thanks, again!

WOW! Congrats! Almost 100 lbs lost. What a testimony. So very proud of you. I agree, you do look like a completely different person. And I love that color on you, the sweater in your current photo. :carrot:

Uh, oh ... I better get ready for lots of company!! Honestly, wish you all could join me down here instead of dealing with shoveling out from the storm! The sky is blue, there's a calm breeze, and the water and air temps both are around 80 degrees. What's also nice is that there's a lot of IP friendly food options for dinners - but you'll have to bring along your own packets!

BubbleBlower - What Island are you on in the Caribbean? I have only dove Grand Cayman and absolutely loved it. Growing up diving in the Pacific NW, I love anyplace I can dive and not even have to wear a shortie! Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Enjoy the down time! And the way your bathing suit fits :)

Bless the whoosh fairy! Congrats!

M35A2
02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
BubbleBlower - What Island are you on in the Caribbean? I have only dove Grand Cayman and absolutely loved it. Growing up diving in the Pacific NW, I love anyplace I can dive and not even have to wear a shortie! Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Enjoy the down time!

I grew up diving the FL Keys (my checkout was at John Pennecamp Key Largo) and then my parents dragged me (kicking and screaming) to ID when I was in high school. I dove some in the Sound while stationed at Ft Lewis and a couple of times in Lake Coeur d'Alene but pretty much gave it up as I hated wearing wet suits.

Suzali
02-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone. Had my weigh in a day early this week. Hit the 150's and "normal" BMI! Even though I don't post much, I'm on this site daily (sometimes more than 2-3 times a day) and the inspiration I get is amazing. I honestly thought I'd only be doing this for 8 weeks now I'm thinking about lowering my goal weight to my college ( pre kids, pre 40's weight).

onmyway1014
02-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Can anyone point me on the right direction to put words/#s near my avatar?

Last week someone posted very helpful info on an easy way to update the ticker weight which I am thankful for. I can't believe the ridiculous way I was doing it before I saw that post!

I also tend to forget to save my ticker after I edit/view it and then wonder why it isn't up to date. I Learn something new everyday!

Suzali
02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Can anyone point me on the right direction to put words/#s near my avatar?

Last week someone posted very helpful info on an easy way to update the ticker weight which I am thankful for. I can't believe the ridiculous way I was doing it before I saw that post!

I also tend to forget to save my ticker after I edit/view it and then wonder why it isn't up to date. I Learn something new everyday!

Go to User CP then "edit profile" then look under "additional information". ;)

onmyway1014
02-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Thank you Suzali for the quick answer. :)

bubbleblower
02-11-2013, 07:25 PM
BubbleBlower - What Island are you on in the Caribbean? I have only dove Grand Cayman and absolutely loved it. Growing up diving in the Pacific NW, I love anyplace I can dive and not even have to wear a shortie! Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Enjoy the down time! And the way your bathing suit fits :)

I grew up diving the FL Keys (my checkout was at John Pennecamp Key Largo) and then my parents dragged me (kicking and screaming) to ID when I was in high school. I dove some in the Sound while stationed at Ft Lewis and a couple of times in Lake Coeur d'Alene but pretty much gave it up as I hated wearing wet suits.

I'm out on East End on Grand Cayman (far, far away from Seven Mile Beach and the cruise ships - well, as far away as you can get on an island that's only 21 miles from end to end! ;) ). I'm in a 3 mil wetsuit, but I get cold easily and each dive is about an hour long. I hate diving in anything thicker, than that, though. I also dive a lot in FL, including the Keys, but have spent the last 25 or so years going all around the world to dive (Papua New Guinea, Palau, Indonesia, Hawaii, Red Sea, and all over the Caribbean, etc.). These days Cayman is a non-stop 3-hour flight for us, so we get here as often as we can.

fam4me
02-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support and nice comments. You are truly all wonderful!

Glover girl
02-11-2013, 08:12 PM

Wow, congratulations! You are an inspiration. :carrot:

Glover girl
02-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey All!!

I found a nice alternative on the netrition site. It's called "better bowls", it has Splenda, fiber and vitamin C!
Wow, eye opening about all the different clinics out there. I had to pay $349 up front, it's a life time membership, no coaching fees. I get daily video coaching and they recommend this site as a great resource.
Congrats to all the wonderful success going on. Tonight I had some wf chocolate syrup on my meat as I thought it was barbecue sauce.😁i don't recommend it.

scorbett1103
02-11-2013, 08:39 PM

Everything is in the Newbie thread - that's how I'm doing it!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4189216-post2.html

Pollack is fine, it's just another white fish like cod or haddock. Every once in a while my market sells it super cheap so I buy a bunch!

It's fine as long as you find the ones that don't have any aspartame. There are a few that use Splenda instead. Also, make sure if you have it, you count it as one of your daily "extras".

That a girl...Going Rogue :s:

hehe...we are the Rogue's Gallery :)

Woo hoo!! Great whoosh!

We are probably in the same weather band - the freezing rain started here right around 11am, while my SIL and I were trying to restock our supplies after the ridiculous amount of snow. I just got my car dug out, and have to actually make a break in the snow wall from the plows so I can get my car in and out!

lisa32989
02-11-2013, 08:40 PM

7.4! Fantastic!

I'm not sure about the sugar-free Jello. Maybe someone else will jump in and answer. I do believe that it has to be 0/0/0, which means no fat, no carbs, and no calories. Also, IP is Aspartame-free (also called Nutra-sweet)

0/0/0 is no fat/carbs/SUGAR (not necessarily calorie-free)

bubbleblower
02-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Tonight I had some wf chocolate syrup on my meat as I thought it was barbecue sauce.😁i don't recommend it.

LOL! Been there, done that! I've also plopped a dollop of the BBQ sauce on my WLS Creamy Cheesecake, thinking it was the chocolate sauce. I don't recommend that either! :barf:

bubbleblower
02-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Hi everyone. Had my weigh in a day early this week. Hit the 150's and "normal" BMI! Even though I don't post much, I'm on this site daily (sometimes more than 2-3 times a day) and the inspiration I get is amazing. I honestly thought I'd only be doing this for 8 weeks now I'm thinking about lowering my goal weight to my college ( pre kids, pre 40's weight).

I know I'm missing some folks, but lots of great losses this week!!! Congrats, everyone!

Chloe222
02-11-2013, 09:38 PM

If you wanted to, you could buy your own body composition scale. I bought an Omron 514 for approx $70. Seems to be pretty accurate, compared it to a better one my personal trainer has. I use it for the fun of watching the %fat, muscle, etc change. Even if it's not perfectly accurate (and maybe it is - the reviews of this model were good), it does provide a good view of the trend.

Great job! Onderland is around the corner!

We're all here for you. I had a coach once too and the resources here are far better.

IP43
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Hmmm... I may have to rethink my end goal and move to 150 so I can be "normal" for a change! LOL The BMI may be the only normal thing about me :)

Glover girl
02-11-2013, 10:10 PM
LOL! Been there, done that! I've also plopped a dollop of the BBQ sauce on my WLS Creamy Cheesecake, thinking it was the chocolate sauce. I don't recommend that either! :barf:

That sounds pretty bad :)

JudithL
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM

Same thing here - I last saw my coach on about December 10th and we never set a future appointment because she was going on a 2 week cruise and we said we'd set an appointment when she got back. I never heard from her again, and have since started using alternatives, which are cheaper anyway and no office visit after work (when I really just want to go home.)

I've been OP and doing great without her coaching, and saving money too! My weight loss graph (I use a free App called Weightrecord on my ipad) actually has a steeper slope while using alternatives than it had when strictly on IP.