Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile little nsv

so after a cheat day and weight on the scale going back up cuz of water-retention and whatnot, i was trying to find some ways of cheering myself, and i decided to try on some "too small" clothes that i have.

As many of you know, i live in Japan, and it's near impossible to find clothes here as a foreign white chick, never mind as a chubby foreign white chick, haha... so two years ago, when i first joined this site, i lost about 20lbs and i went back home (to Canada) for he holidays. i believe i was around 170lbs at the time, and i bought these jeans in prevision of my continuing weightloss. they were too tight in the store, but i was doing so well, i thought "they'll fit perfect soon", and they gave me a great as$ they were a size 32 (what does that mean really??) but sized as 11's in the shop, and i bought an identical pair in size 9 because you know, i was doing so well and it's impossible to buy pants here!! well, needless to say, i never even wore them at all. when i came back to japan, i kept on losing for a bit, and then life stuff happened and i started ballooning back up in february, and by june i was back where i'd started...

well anyhow, pulled those jeans out last night, the bigger ones, size 11, tried them on and they FIT! granted, they are pretty tight and give me a tiny muffin-top, but they are definitely wearable and should look perfect 3lbs-ish from now!!

I'm very excited about this... i haven't worn jeans in a couple of months cuz my last pair was really old and too big so i chucked 'em, and as i said, can't buy pants here so....
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/135/135

That's awesome! I'm looking forward to fitting back into my smaller jeans as well. I just had to wear a 'retired' pair earlier to do some errands. Hopefully no one noticed the tear on the inside of my thigh...

That seems to happen to all of my jeans after a while -_-

I think slipping into a smaller pair of jeans is probably one of the most rewarding feelings after working your butt off, literally! Congrats again!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super yay!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Congrats!!! That is an awesome NSV!!!

I wish I had brought some smaller jeans with me, I previously had but never ended up fitting into them.

BTW 32 is the size in inches. I wear a size 16 or I can squeeze into 34s, though the 34s are fitting much nicer now.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 89kg/86.4/70

Height: 5'4

Congrats for clothes fitting. I live in Japan too so I feel your pain. And I live in the inaka so it's hard for me too (and I got big fit).

Have you checked a store called Gal Fit? It's a trendy clothes shop, but sometimes they have a bigger size section. I can't remember the name of it, but I always see them next to each other. I got pants there and you actually weigh less than me. Although if you have any type of curve back there, then it might not fit :O Also my department store and mall have an 大きい section, but they always look like old lady clothes.

Now only if my feet would shrink...
kml0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #6  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Congrats!! I kind of regret getting rid of ALL of the smaller clothes that used to fit me. I don't have anything to try on. Maybe I will have to go buy something a couple of sizes smaller to share in this awesome feeling you must have

Last edited by Silverfire; 02-11-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #7  

thanks guys!

kalaya: i get the tear inside of the thigh too... in fact, that's one of the reason i threw my old pair away

changergirl: thanks for telling me about the 32 thing! now if i could only understand european sizing... lol.

kml0722: oh, whereabouts in japan? cool! i dunno those stores... when i lived in Shizuoka, there was a "big size" store in AEON at the mall in my town and i would sometimes buy clothes there... but yeah, i'm pretty curvy so stuff rarely fit right. I've just discovered that it's better for me to buy things at H&M here, but still not pants, unless they're sweat pants... i've recently bought a bunch of "jeggins" at Uniqlo though and i'm in love with them. i bought like 5 colors. lol. but i got XL and they're like snug... i've also recently found two webshops on rakuten that sell "cute" japanese plus sized clothes. they're called "jungle jalopy" and "gold japan" (if you search on rakuten they should pop-up) and i bought my winter jacket on there and i'm pretty pleased with it as it was cheap and it's warm and trendy!

silverfire: yeah! you should have something to strive for, eheh i got rid of a lot of "too small" stuff when i moved last year... simply for the reason that i'd held on to it so long, it wasn't in style anymore... haha. but one or 2 pieces are good incentive!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #8  

Kawaii, I am in Seoul Korea and I have the same problem. I'm hoping after losing some weight I can at least venture to H&M, and Uniqulo. Maybe Forever 21, but thats a rarity. I'm about 20 pounds more than you, which isn't much in pants.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #9  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Congrats! I'm jealous...you're 2 inches shorter than me, so in a few pounds you can probably shop normally in the Japanese stores...All of the clothes fit me at this point, but my arms and legs are too long TT^TT While things fit perfectly fine everywhere else, everything's an inch or two short on my wrists and ankles. My JTE makes fun of me sometimes because my pants are always short.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #10  

goldengirl: ooh, what are you doing there! one day i'm gonna get my butt over there for some intense este-shopping and prettyboy-oogling!! lol.

hotaru: i'm still more than a few pounds away from j-shops hun... i've occasionally found tops that fit, but that's only when they're meant to be super enormously oversized on a j-girl at least i don't usually have the arm problem though... although i've bought some plus-sized long sleeves shirts before that ended up looking more 3/4 than anything...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/143/130

Height: 5'4

Yay!!! That is the best!

I had a similar experience with a pencil skirt recently. It's so nice to see physical progress! Going down sizes is way more powerful to me than measurements or weight, really. Keep it up!
Lauracore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 11"

Yeah! Way to go!!! I love the skinny(er) jeans victories - it is SO empowering (muffin tops and all!)
Ready2Lose2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #13  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Way to go
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #14  

Kauwaii my husband in in the US Army and were stationed here. Are you American? Where in Japan are.you located? We are in Seoul.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauracore View Post
Yay!!! That is the best!

I had a similar experience with a pencil skirt recently. It's so nice to see physical progress! Going down sizes is way more powerful to me than measurements or weight, really. Keep it up!
Im finsihing up my teaching license and hoping to slim down and get a job by fall. I would.love to have the shape for a pencil skirt. Theyre so classy!