Ideal Protein Diet - Starting over tomorrow...

View Full Version : Starting over tomorrow...

ksgarza
02-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Due to a million reasons (excuses) I've been off program since the week before Christmas and have been putting off getting back on for long enough! Tomorrow is the day.

I've done pretty well at keeping the weight gain to a minimum, only about 4 lbs., but I'm not getting any closer to my goal by doing this.

I read this blog on a regular basis, but I don't post very often. You all are so inspirational, so I just figured that by writing it down, I would do it!

Looking forward to getting back on my journey! :)

KitKat169
02-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Good decision. While you're writing, you should start writing down the reasons you want to do this. How does the extra weight make you feel? If you start struggling and consider going off track again, read what you wrote to motivate you to stay the course.

IP43
02-10-2013, 09:57 PM
You did well to basically maintain, so that tells you once the weight is off you can keep it off. I did your same thing, but put 20 (eek!) back on. It is a struggle to restart but we're here for you. I seem to be restarting regularly (not sure why I'm struggling so much) but like you, willing to give it a go. Let's "get 'er dun!"

Dinie89
02-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Good decision. While you're writing, you should start writing down the reasons you want to do this. How does the extra weight make you feel? If you start struggling and consider going off track again, read what you wrote to motivate you to stay the course.

This is very true -- my coach has me asking myself similar things to this and to bring my reasons to WI this week really opens your eyes!

JenRem
02-11-2013, 01:01 AM
I just got back on the wagon on Jan 16th. So, you can do it too. Just remember the first few day/week are the hardest. Hang in there and don't give in - no matter what! After that things are much smoother. So, just tell yourself to get thru that first week. We are all behind you :) Jen

chubbiegurl
02-11-2013, 01:03 AM
I did not take such a long break but have eaten poorly this last week, I don't know if it was my aunts surgery or just fearing hitting goal. Who cares those are all excuses I am making. I still exercised everyday but today I just want a break. So I am right there with u, tomorrow back to eating healthy.

sanibelover
02-11-2013, 08:49 AM
I am back on as of this morning. Took a long break and gained. I am so not cured - never will be. I have started working out and won't give that up because I feel so much better, but I am getting back to IP basics. Never give up!!!!

IPRound2
02-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Best of luck, you can do this. Awesome job not gaining as much as you could have. Remember the first week will be tough but after that you know you can get to your goal. Don't be discouraged if your first WI isn't what you expect, I always gave up because it wasn't as high as I know it could have been but it sounds like you probably ate healthier while in hiatus than you did before you started IP.

coloradogirl
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Welcome back! I also went off program the week before christmas, and have been since! Today I have start again. However, this time I am using alternatives and not using a coach! I know you can get to your goal!! Congratulations on only gaining back 4 lbs... you are awesome!! :)

IP43
02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
So ladies --- "tomorrow" is now TODAY -- How did it go??? :)

ksgarza
02-11-2013, 10:23 PM
My day went pretty well....I am feeling it a little, but not nearly as bad as the first time around. Maybe it's just because I knew what to expect.

I sooo appreciate all the encouraging words! :-)

JohnP
02-12-2013, 12:12 AM
4lbs "regain"? It's most likely water, primarily.

Sounds like you did a great job maintaining which for most people is at least as difficult as losing the fat in the first place.

IP43
02-12-2013, 12:20 AM
HA! There you are John! I was lookin' for you when people had "exercise" questions but someone else posted some great links so we didn't need ya afterall. Glad to see your smile (and some warm fuzzies too!)