Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #1  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Default I hate being out of shape..

I enjoy exercising but I despise how worn out I feel after 5 seconds... I just want to be healthy and in shape so I can enjoy hula hooping, jogging and dancing again
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I hear ya. I hate getting winded going up the stairs! I used to go out and do fun things, now I just avoid them because I am too out of shape to actually enjoy them. I have just started to exercise, voluntarily, for the first time ever. Damn, it's hard. It's even harder to stay motivated to do it!

I want to go for bike rides! Swimming! summer fun.

We will get there!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Squeeee! I love your Hobbiton to Mt. Doom challenge. Is it an official challenge somewhere? I want to join...if not- you must make one!

I've been consistently exercising for a month now and the first 15 minutes still feel terrible.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #4  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

a good friend of mine had a heart attack at 27. She says that most of it was stressed induced (terrible marriage, divorce, new baby) but that also the extra 50-60 lbs she was toting around with her at the time didn't help the situation much (obviously). LONG STORY SHORT, she recently went to her cardiologist and he told her that her heart, although not aching from the divorce anymore, was not in the best shape. He recommended that she "train" for a triathlon and try out a 5k program. So she did. 2 weeks later she texts me (she is a poet and a generally hilarious person), "the body truly is a beautiful and amazingly adaptive thing. I have been on this program, thought for the first few days I would never get good at it. Boom. I feel like a new woman." HAHA she cracks me up. But its soooo true! Just keep working towards your goal and you will attain it. the challenge is what encourages your body to be better. We are all biologically inclined to be healthy, productive things.

My two cents
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #5  

I can't believe when I started exercising that I was bragging to my doctor and my nutritionist that I was up to doing 10 minutes a day on my treadmill. Like bragging "yay me!" and patting myself on the back. But you know what, it was literally a HUGE accomplishment for me.

I would walk up my street 3 house lengths (maybe 1/4th of a mile?) and then walk back and be winded, all in 8 minutes.

Slowly but surely, my endurance increased, my stamina increased, my urge to walk more steps on my pedometer increased.

Now, 6 months later, I can walk my hilly 1 mile block twice before coming back home and not be exhausted, hurt, or out of breath. I no longer get scared that I might run into someone who hears me breathe like I just ran from the pack of cows at the farm up the street. I am not sweating like I just took a shower.

If I can do this, anyone can. I am amazed at how quickly my body forgave me and let me make it strong and powerful again. And by doing that, it took away the pain in my knees I had for years and the pain in my back even longer. I was always afraid to exercise because it did hurt. But I think my body just wanted the weight off and couldn't carry it anymore. I wish I knew this 10 years ago.

You can do this, I am sure of it. Just start slow and easy. I promise you, your body will let you know it's limits and you'll know when to do more or less.

Good luck!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #6  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

I so know how you feel. I was trying to squats during a commercial, just one, and my thighs were already burning before it was even half way over. It was sad. I want to be able to play with my kid and not get winded after 5 min. I would really like to chase him and not just pretend like I am.
But it takes baby steps; right?
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #7  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I wonder how long it takes before I will find my exercise routine to not be enough of a workout. I seriously watch the clock the whole time! I can use my elliptical for an hour but go up the stairs and get tired. Seriously must still be out of shape, maybe I need to buy a stair master, to master the art of climbing stairs.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I was shocked at how out of shape I was when I finally decided to exercise. I'm still easily winded but it's getting better. One baby step at a time!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #9  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

lunarsongbirdhttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...lk-mordor.html

I hate being out of shape on campus.. I secretly try to find close parking spaces, not so I won't have to walk.. but because if I don't, I look like I am about to die when I get into my class... I sneak onto the elevator just to go up one floor and I get embarrassed if anyone sees me do it. I really hate being this out of shape.. I used to jog, hike, go dancing at clubs... now I don't do much of any of that. I am however, registered for 2 5k's this year, one is the color run and the other is mud run.. Mud run scares me because I am afraid I will be the only big girl in it.. I don't care if I come in last, I just want to finish. I also got my fitness hoop... pulled a muscle my first day. lol
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #10  

We live in an urban enviorment, and there are tons of hills! Well outside our apartments there are stairs up a hill I call suicide hill. only it's suicide for me. My husband runs up them, and I need to break halfway through. I really want to be able to make it up there with no problem.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2

Avezy44 just dont give up, do little everyday and before you know it you will be exercising for longer...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote