Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun Febrary 9-10, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #2  

Default From yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoVo808 View Post
It's the TOM and all I want is red velvet cheesecake, McDonald's french fries, and a big fat juicy burger.

But then I take a look at myself in the mirror and say, "You are almost there, don't give up now."
If any of us think we will arrive to a place where we can have red velvet, McDs, and big juicy burgers, time to re-evaluate healthy food or we'll end up right back in P1! Remember the lifestyle change and reframe the thoughts to healthier choices

Congrats on not giving in! Hard to do when the hormones start talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Congrats on all your nsv's and pounds lost!!!!
My WI was Wednesday and I lost 3.8 pounds.
I have had tonsillitis since Wednesday.....been drinking lots of shakes and eating soups....haven't really had the appetite for veggies or much protein until today. I did have a half a can of chicken noodle soup (9g carbs)-I hope I didn't mess up my ketosis too much. I guess I will see if I did any damage at my next weigh in.
Everyone in the snow storm-please be safe. It was 73 today in Louisiana. We don't really get much of a winter:-(
Try cooking up some veggies and purée them and add to your soups. Spinach in your shakes in the blender.

Also, instead of nasty canned chicken noodle, use chicken broth with the pre-cooked chicken & some steamed shredded veggies. On-plan and wayyy healthier (have you READ the ingredients in that can?!?)
When I'm not sick (or just staring to come down with something) I make a pot of chicken broth from leftover chicken carcasses I saved in the freezer. When you're already sick and feeling nasty, this is just too much work. I sometimes have DH stop for a rotisserie chicken & some frozen veggies & I pull the meat off the bone, make my broth, throw the meat & veggies back in & viola, soup!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-09-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #3  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Default Good weekend everyone :)

Two questions:

Do you have difficulty sleeping? I usually go to bed late in the evening and am awake for a few hours during the night!!! When I finally fall asleep I have a good sleep again for a few hours and I'm awake anytime between 6:00 or 7:00 AM. Is it IP or is it something personal I'm going through

Also, do you use the Ideal Protein Multi-Vita, Potassium-Calcium and Cal-Mag or can these be purchased elsewhere at a lesser cost?

I know some of you have the answers to these questions and I look forward to your responses....thank you.

Last edited by PepperTown; 02-09-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Two questions:

Do you have difficulty sleeping? I usually go to bed late in the evening and am awake for a few hours during the night!!! When I finally fall asleep I have a good sleep again for a few hours and I'm awake anytime between 6:00 or 7:00 AM. Is it IP or is it something personal I'm going through

Also, do you use the Ideal Protein Multi-Vita, Potassium-Calcium and Cal-Mag or can these be purchased elsewhere at a lesser cost?

I know some of you have the answers to these questions and I look forward to your responses....thank you.
Pepper
Being on this plan can put quite a bit of stress on the adrenal system which can in turn throw off or unbalance cortisol (I suggest reading more if you want to learn more). It can also be hard on the thyroid and other systems. Some of us are more sensitive to it than others. I had my sleeping straightened out but my weekend trip to Ft Lauderdale has me all discombobulated again. I went to bed really early (8 pm) with a migraine but now I'm up and have been since 2:30.
I have an appt next week with a naropathic physician to help me get some of this straightened back out but I know as long as I'm on the plan, I'll probably have issues off & on.

Scorbett did a lot of research re: vitamins. I'll let her remind us.

Personally, I'm concerned about all the calcium. There is lots of research about not supplementing with so much. If I recall, the big one she found was the bio availability of the potassium supplement. I've actually done a lot of reading about various forms of magnesium so won't be using the IP anymore to reduce the calcium supplementation.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #5  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #6  

Rainbow the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the food pic was GROSS! except for that red onion hangin from the burger. May have to get an onion this weekend!
Guess that means progress!
up very early this morning thanks to the dogs! guess it just gives me more time to do things today!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Rainbow the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the food pic was GROSS! except for that red onion hangin from the burger. May have to get an onion this weekend!
Guess that means progress!
up very early this morning thanks to the dogs! guess it just gives me more time to do things today!
sorry, didn't mean to gross you out. those are ip recipes....cheesecake nibbles, rutabaga fries and an ip hamburger bun....

i was trying to let the other poster know that she CAN have the foods she desires, she just has to get creative to have them.

guess i missed the point! sorry
Old 02-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #8  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
sorry, didn't mean to gross you out. those are ip recipes....cheesecake nibbles, rutabaga fries and an ip hamburger bun....

i was trying to let the other poster know that she CAN have the foods she desires, she just has to get creative to have them.

I don't think Maezy meant it like THAT silly!! We know that you posted pics of IP substitutes! . I think when you first look at the pics they look like the real thing (I had to look twice then read the caption myself) lol! Always great to know there are indeed substitutes available!

Getting ready to go out and battle the storm! Hoping Hubby has better luck with the snowblower (seemed too heavy for the blades to spin last night-hoping the temps went down and it's FLUFFY out there)! Think we're around two feet so far! Ugh! At least we still have power! Woot woot!!!

I get really confused whether or not I should be taking in an additional packet when I'm doing all this shoveling. Don't want my losses to stall!! Any suggestions appreciated!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #9  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Rainbow those cheesecake nibbles look great!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Those look delicious Rainbow! OOH, and what about big mac in a bowl???? Another great way to satisfy a burger craving!

Last edited by sahmmommy2; 02-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Well, just about 3 feet of snow here, had to shovel out the doorway so the dog could get out to pee this morning. My DH is skiing in VT this weekend and I have back problems so I won't be doing much shoveling...the drifts are up to 4 feet on my back deck, up to my chest in some places!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #12  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh Rainbow, you always find a way to brighten up my morning!

Have a great one IPeeps, put 8.5-miles under my belt this morning and feel great, enjoying my morning decaf before The Dictator awakens (my 2.5yo son). I have everyone in the storms path in my thoughts, a lot of my closest friends are up in Boston and definitely thinking of y'all!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #13  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Rainbow those cheesecake nibbles look great!
Those cheesecake nibbles ARE great! I've made them before, and would like to make them again, but I'm out of chocolate soy puffs for the time being. I DO have lemon soy puffs, however. Hmmm......

I'm fighting a cold and we have a busy weekend ahead. My son has a karate demo this morning at a local school, then my mother in law is coming for the day and spending the night. We were planning to go to the Air and Space Museum Annex down in Virginia during the day tomorrow, but that depends on when my mother in law leaves. I'm lucky, I have a great mother in law and I really enjoy having her around. My son think Grandma hung the moon, of course!

I was just thinking the other day how accustomed I've come to eating this way. Sure, some days I really crave the "old" stuff, but at sometimes at weigh in I'm amazed that I've lost again when I'm just eating the way that I've become accustomed to eating. I'm hopeful that I will stay in this mind set when I finally hit maintenance.

Have a great weekend, everyone. To our New England friends...stay safe and warm!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #14  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Well, just about 3 feet of snow here, had to shovel out the doorway so the dog could get out to pee this morning. My DH is skiing in VT this weekend and I have back problems so I won't be doing much shoveling...the drifts are up to 4 feet on my back deck, up to my chest in some places!
Yeah, a lot of my friends keep posting pics from Killington, my old mountain, so much snow, take care of your back!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #15  

Quote:

Yes, I think you took it wrong as well. Its all good
And, if you can come up with a gluten-free, soy-free P1-friendly red velvet recipe I'll love you more than I already do!

Closed Thread