Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 06:55 PM   #1  
future strong chick

Default Body Gem Metabolic testing

hello! I was wondreing if anyone has had any experience with this. It is a little device you breath into for about 10 minutes and tells you what your resting metabolic rate (RMR) is. I had it done at a Ballys, I figured for 40 bucks why not, I made the guy promise he wouldn't try to sell me anything afterwards! I belong to another gym, so I think he didnt like me too much

So, has anyone else had this done and found it to be a fairly accurate way of measuting metabolism? According to this device, I burn 1880 calories a day just siting around. This is pretty close to what fitday and caloriesperhour.com say for my height and weight.

Thanks!

verna
Old 05-16-2003, 12:10 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I know a couple gals at the Ladies who Lift forum who've had the Body Gem test...

IMO, the jury's still out on this one. If it DOES work, it would be a very useful tool!
Closed Thread