Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #1  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Default Finally Fit in a restaurant booth!

For the last 2 years anytime that I went out to dinner with my parents, they always wanted to sit in a booth. That is fine except I didn't quite squeeze in. I would sit there with the table jammed into my tummy with my boobs hanging on top of the table and never be able to lean forward. I asked my parents to please sit at a table when we went out for dinner and they (being in their late 70's early 80's) would forget (and I understand that) and I would sigh when I walked into the restaurant to meet them and there they would be...... in a booth. WELL after loosing 15lbs (only with way more to come) I meet them at O*****k last night and they were in a booth and I held my breath... could I?? Fit??? I DID and I even had space to spare. That is such a wonderful and happy goal to meet. It took away the pain and anger that I got when I had to meet my parents for dinner - not knowing if I could be comfortable sitting with them or not and now I don't have to anticipate being uncomfortable anymore (EVER AGAIN!!)

Even the smallest goals make such a difference in your life and mindset.

Thank you for "listening" and I hope you all have at least alittle happy goal like I just had fulfilled!

Great day to you all
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Congrats!!! That is a great feeling!!! I hate booths
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

Thank you I forgot how just the little things like this booth thing could change your feelings and put a smile on your face and help your mindset

and BOOTHS argh... I only liked the ones where the table did actually slide back and forth. When I used to go to places with my thinner friends. I would sometimes move the table closer to them so that they would know how I felt being crammed in. They got it ! LOLOLOL
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #4  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I identify with this so much - even though at my highest I'd rather squeeze into a pinchy booth than break a chair at a table. Congratulations!!!!! It's an awesome feeling!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #5  
Sue finding inner song

Thank you Radiojane!

Chairs.. sometimes.. I broke a chair at my friends house this summer (it was old slingback chair.. but I was SOOOOOO embarrased!) At Disney W a few years ago.. I had to ask the server to please bring over a chair that did not have arms as I knew that the chair would come up with me when I stood. All my friends were supportive and understood, but at that time, that moved me into a big deep depression. This goal with the booth helped cover that pain up alittle )) and your kind words
Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #6  

You have no idea how much I understand how you feel. I posted a few months ago when I could finally sit like a normal person in a booth, I had tears in my eyes when I did it.

If you never went through this, you have no idea the anxiety and embarrassment that the person feels. I never want to go back to living like that.

And now...I am getting braver on trying to fit into things, whether it's seats/booths, clothes, everything! And slowly but surely I am getting there.

So happy for you!!!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super yay!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #8  
Sue finding inner song

tearsss You hit my heart with that understanding and to know that I wasn't the only one with that feeling. Thank you Thank you Thank you. and Elvislover324.. you are right. Each day should be a little goal maker of "fitting" into things (like seat belts, plane seats <---this one I hate, and walking thru small doors straight on instead of sideways) and clothes (of which I have everything in my closet from 3X to 10's LOL...
I thank you again so much for your response!

Sue
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Oh I know this!!! I could fit at my top weight, but I wasn't comfortable - same with on planes.

Those little victories are HUGE. Just hold onto them!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #10  

The only thing about the plane seats, how the heck do we try?!

I keep saying I wish my airport had a plane seat with a seatbelt so we could test ourselves out. You know how they have the carryon luggage rack that you have to make sure your bag fits in? I want one of those for people! And I can't be the only one who ever thought of that.

I'm not afraid to fly in an airplane, I am afraid of invading someone's space and/or not being able to buckle the seatbelt. I always take the window seat so I don't interfere with anyone. My husband is the best and never minds sitting in the middle nor minds my body touching him (thank God lol) but I would never do that to a stranger.

The struggles we have...thank God we have each other here to vent our fears and sadness to. And.....we have each other to encourage each other and get to our goals. So thankful for my 3FC friends.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

You've just given me an inspiration. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed when I look at the numbers to reach for mini-goals. But maybe I should set goals of fitting comfortably into a booth (I'm not sure there is such a thing even when one is thin!), not worrying about sitting in chairs with arms, fitting into an airplane seat comfortably (see comment about booths -- if you're over 5 feet tall, there is no comfortable airplane seat), not needing a seat belt extender, being able to garden.....Gee, my list could go on forever!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #12  
Sue finding inner song

LOL I think you are right about that test seat at an Airport. I just thank God that the arm in between people can be raised (in movie theatre's too YEAH) and asking the person next to me if they are ok with it and mostly they are fine and dandy Whew....
Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #13  
Sue finding inner song

Betsy2013 How right you are! I think that restaurants have a dilema... Wider seats = less people and they sit longer... but more people would want to go (Same for airlines, theaters, (bus seats for 2 really????)) and seeing the fine print to see if equipment - especially exercise - can hold people over 250 lbs. Surprised to see so many of those that don't!

I can't say enough how I feel comforted and inspired by all you brave and courageous people on this forum. I am so glad I found this last week. It has helped me sleep better and has taken away alot of my anxiety!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #14  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations; it's an exciting NSV!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #15  
Sue finding inner song

Another treat.... My belly does not hit the steering wheel anymore while I drive... WOOO HOOOO