Mini-Goals - Finally Fit in a restaurant booth!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 09:45 AM
For the last 2 years anytime that I went out to dinner with my parents, they always wanted to sit in a booth. That is fine except I didn't quite squeeze in. I would sit there with the table jammed into my tummy with my boobs hanging on top of the table and never be able to lean forward. I asked my parents to please sit at a table when we went out for dinner and they (being in their late 70's early 80's) would forget (and I understand that) and I would sigh when I walked into the restaurant to meet them and there they would be...... in a booth. WELL after loosing 15lbs (only with way more to come) I meet them at O*****k last night and they were in a booth and I held my breath... could I?? Fit??? I DID and I even had space to spare. That is such a wonderful and happy goal to meet. It took away the pain and anger that I got when I had to meet my parents for dinner - not knowing if I could be comfortable sitting with them or not and now I don't have to anticipate being uncomfortable anymore (EVER AGAIN!!)

Even the smallest goals make such a difference in your life and mindset.

Thank you for "listening" and I hope you all have at least alittle happy goal like I just had fulfilled!

Great day to you all :)

Silverfire
02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Congrats!!! That is a great feeling!!! I hate booths :)

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Thank you :) I forgot how just the little things like this booth thing could change your feelings and put a smile on your face and help your mindset :)

and BOOTHS argh... I only liked the ones where the table did actually slide back and forth. When I used to go to places with my thinner friends. I would sometimes move the table closer to them so that they would know how I felt being crammed in. They got it ! LOLOLOL

Radiojane
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
I identify with this so much - even though at my highest I'd rather squeeze into a pinchy booth than break a chair at a table. Congratulations!!!!! It's an awesome feeling!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Thank you Radiojane!

Chairs.. sometimes.. I broke a chair at my friends house this summer (it was old slingback chair.. but I was SOOOOOO embarrased!) At Disney W a few years ago.. I had to ask the server to please bring over a chair that did not have arms as I knew that the chair would come up with me when I stood. All my friends were supportive and understood, but at that time, that moved me into a big deep depression. This goal with the booth helped cover that pain up alittle :))) and your kind words

elvislover324
02-07-2013, 01:01 PM
You have no idea how much I understand how you feel. I posted a few months ago when I could finally sit like a normal person in a booth, I had tears in my eyes when I did it.

If you never went through this, you have no idea the anxiety and embarrassment that the person feels. I never want to go back to living like that.

And now...I am getting braver on trying to fit into things, whether it's seats/booths, clothes, everything! And slowly but surely I am getting there.

So happy for you!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mozzy
02-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Super yay!!!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
tearsss You hit my heart with that understanding and to know that I wasn't the only one with that feeling. Thank you Thank you Thank you. and Elvislover324.. you are right. Each day should be a little goal maker of "fitting" into things (like seat belts, plane seats <---this one I hate, and walking thru small doors straight on instead of sideways) and clothes (of which I have everything in my closet from 3X to 10's LOL...
I thank you again so much for your response!

Sue

berryblondeboys
02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh I know this!!! I could fit at my top weight, but I wasn't comfortable - same with on planes.

Those little victories are HUGE. Just hold onto them!

elvislover324
02-07-2013, 01:31 PM
The only thing about the plane seats, how the heck do we try?!

I keep saying I wish my airport had a plane seat with a seatbelt so we could test ourselves out. You know how they have the carryon luggage rack that you have to make sure your bag fits in? I want one of those for people! And I can't be the only one who ever thought of that.

I'm not afraid to fly in an airplane, I am afraid of invading someone's space and/or not being able to buckle the seatbelt. I always take the window seat so I don't interfere with anyone. My husband is the best and never minds sitting in the middle nor minds my body touching him (thank God lol) but I would never do that to a stranger.

The struggles we have...thank God we have each other here to vent our fears and sadness to. And.....we have each other to encourage each other and get to our goals. So thankful for my 3FC friends. :)

betsy2013
02-07-2013, 01:35 PM
You've just given me an inspiration. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed when I look at the numbers to reach for mini-goals. But maybe I should set goals of fitting comfortably into a booth (I'm not sure there is such a thing even when one is thin!), not worrying about sitting in chairs with arms, fitting into an airplane seat comfortably (see comment about booths -- if you're over 5 feet tall, there is no comfortable airplane seat), not needing a seat belt extender, being able to garden.....Gee, my list could go on forever!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
LOL I think you are right about that test seat at an Airport. I just thank God that the arm in between people can be raised (in movie theatre's too YEAH) and asking the person next to me if they are ok with it and mostly they are fine and dandy Whew....

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Betsy2013 How right you are! I think that restaurants have a dilema... Wider seats = less people and they sit longer... but more people would want to go (Same for airlines, theaters, (bus seats for 2 really????)) and seeing the fine print to see if equipment - especially exercise - can hold people over 250 lbs. Surprised to see so many of those that don't!

I can't say enough how I feel comforted and inspired by all you brave and courageous people on this forum. I am so glad I found this last week. It has helped me sleep better and has taken away alot of my anxiety!

Tai
02-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Congratulations; it's an exciting NSV!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Another treat.... My belly does not hit the steering wheel anymore while I drive... WOOO HOOOO

mrsmelmitch
02-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Congratulations! I remember being very close to not fitting into most booths right before I started loosing weight. It was an awful feeling. I was always super cramped on airplanes too. Now being half way to goal I almost feel small in both. Keep going! You are in for so many exciting perks of weight loss... I know it's the small changes that have really kept me going.

elvislover324
02-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I can't say enough how I feel comforted and inspired by all you brave and courageous people on this forum. I am so glad I found this last week. It has helped me sleep better and has taken away alot of my anxiety!

This forum has literally changed my life and I post that fact in a lot of threads. I am dead serious about this; these ladies (and a few guys!) have made my weightloss mission that much easier with the help and support I have received here. I hope I am able to pay it forward too. :)

Another treat.... My belly does not hit the steering wheel anymore while I drive... WOOO HOOOO

This happened to me too! And I won't move my seat back yet. I am very conscious of all the open air I have between me and the wheel and I don't want to lose sight of that yet. My husband noticed too but didn't say anything until I asked him about it.

All these little things make the tough times worth it. And you know what? They aren't even really little things!

I am glad you joined here with us wannaskipandlaugh!

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Hugs to you Elvislover324 :))

Misti in Seattle
02-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Ohhhhh I so know how you feel! It was a wonderful day for me, too, when I could fit into the booths! :congrat:

wannaskipandlaugh
02-07-2013, 09:21 PM
You all are so right. Its the little goals and surprises that make it a big thing! :)

Radiojane
02-07-2013, 10:41 PM
I've told this story a million times but my proudest moment was 30 pounds down when I could sit comfortably in a stadium seat that pinched me to tears at my heaviest. I screamed out loud when I realized I had my seat set too far back in my bf's truck. We need these moments. A number on the scale is just digits. That's proof!!!

TheLauren
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
That's an amazing accomplishment!!

bonnie2009
02-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Way to go!!

Natalie42
02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
I've really enjoyed reading this thread. It made me think of theater seats. I can fit, but it is tight until I get settled in. I'm always happy to see the movie, then bummed when I can't sit in them easily. This thread is a great motivator to shoot for the day when I don't have to worry about it.

Fluffypuppy
02-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Congrats on your NSV! That is awesome!

I really enjoyed the 3FC love in I just read in this thread. I heart this forum too! You all are the best!

chubbyface
02-09-2013, 04:00 AM
That's great to hear :)
There were restaurants I would avoid because I could barely breath once in the booth. I also got good at pushing tables back with my legs and crushing people on the other side. A couple months ago I fit into once of those booths I avoided, a small victory. But I don't go to restaurants much anymore, just puts me one day further from my goal.

MsBrightside
02-09-2013, 04:54 AM
I remember this feeling! When I first started and went out to eat at red lobster for the first time in awhile, I could barely squeeze myself into a booth. It was so uncomfortable that we had to move to a table. It was actually one of my lowest points. Then a few months later after losing 50 pounds I fit perfectly with tons of room to spare! It was my very first nsv that made me almost cry! :)

wannaskipandlaugh
02-09-2013, 09:15 AM
I thank you all for sharing your wonderful Mini Win stories. It makes me feel so good to know that even these small wins (yep they are BIG WINS) are the best and remind us that we are accomplishing our goal and now we have control over a new thing (Seats etc) and it does NOT have control over us... Gosh I feel so good. I love you ladies and gentlemen!

syberdee
02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Congratulations...What an amazing journey for you. Truly inspirational..