Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/7/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

ROFL Lisa you will appreciate this

So I was definitely dealing with a little "C" issue - had some Smooth Move tea yesterday morning and it definitely did it's job.....all afternoon and straight up until bedtime

Well after that grand resolution to my problem, I figured I'd step on the scale this morning to see how much of an effect it had.....and lo and behold.....159.2 lbs!!!!

I am not going to call it done since I am sure the scale will fluctuate between now and my next Wednesday WI, but man that was a nice number to wake up to!!!! But I feel pretty confident that I can start planning my first Phase 2 day one week from today
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #3  

Congratulations scorbett!!!! What a feeling to get to where you want to be. I would have done I happy Dance.

I have my WI today and am looking forward to see how many inches I've lost.
I will post results tonite. Hope everyone has a great op day.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

So I was definitely dealing with a little "C" issue - had some Smooth Move tea yesterday morning and it definitely did it's job.....all afternoon and straight up until bedtime

Well after that grand resolution to my problem, I figured I'd step on the scale this morning to see how much of an effect it had.....and lo and behold.....159.2 lbs!!!!

I am not going to call it done since I am sure the scale will fluctuate between now and my next Wednesday WI, but man that was a nice number to wake up to!!!! But I feel pretty confident that I can start planning my first Phase 2 day one week from today
Woo Hoo!! Amazing what a little tea can do .

I teach clinicals for UMass Dartmouthbut only once a year now. My schedule is crazy for the first 6 weeks of the semester and then I move into a much better schedule. I underestimated how tired I would get watching over 6 senior nursing students!!

I too have been lurking a lot lately and haven't really posted. I feel like every time I sign on there are a million new threads and I tend to just visit the same ones again and again (daily and 100%). A ton of congrats to send for great weeks and people getting so close to goal. I hope when I get close there are a few of us to figure it out together.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Woo Hoo!! Amazing what a little tea can do .

I teach clinicals for UMass Dartmouthbut only once a year now. My schedule is crazy for the first 6 weeks of the semester and then I move into a much better schedule. I underestimated how tired I would get watching over 6 senior nursing students!!

I too have been lurking a lot lately and haven't really posted. I feel like every time I sign on there are a million new threads and I tend to just visit the same ones again and again (daily and 100%). A ton of congrats to send for great weeks and people getting so close to goal. I hope when I get close there are a few of us to figure it out together.
Nice - I have been seeing the BCC and Salve kids around St Lukes but haven't seen a UMD group yet. We generally get the BCC folks on my floor, sometimes they're great, other times you kinda roll your eyes Hope the 6 weeks goes quickly for you!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Definitely a nice number to wake up to, Scorbett! I'll be doing a happy dance myself when I lose my next half a pound as I haven't been below 140 in about 20 years! I haven't even been in my current range for almost that long, but there's going to be something particularly sweet about seeing 'one-thirty-something' on the scale.

My coach gave me the Phase 2 sheet so I can start getting ready. I feel pretty confident about it, but I've still got lots of questions about Phases 3 and 4.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #7  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Another great morning started off with a 6.5-mile jaunt! I miss being more active on the boards but le sigh...life is just super busy these days! And agree about too many threads to keep up with!

Quote:

Yeah, I never sweat those little fluctuations much...I always joked with hubby I was "1 good flush away" from a big number (we really sweet talk eachother...or as IP43s hubby would say "sweat talk"). Busymom had "c" issues her last few weeks before goal and had "the flush heard round the world" for her final WI (like 5-7 lb). That teas works! Dealing with some issues myself, but no teas while preggers, will grab some psyllium husk caps perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Definitely a nice number to wake up to, Scorbett! I'll be doing a happy dance myself when I lose my next half a pound as I haven't been below 140 in about 20 years! I haven't even been in my current range for almost that long, but there's going to be something particularly sweet about seeing 'one-thirty-something' on the scale.

My coach gave me the Phase 2 sheet so I can start getting ready. I feel pretty confident about it, but I've still got lots of questions about Phases 3 and 4.
phase 2 is a piece of cake, super easy - but honestly, Phase 3 was a little tricky...everyone gets turned around it seems. I went nutzo on my planning then (and have the recipe thread to prove it) to make sure I stuck to guidelines. Be warned though, I jumped the gun and started running/high intensity in P2 and felt pretty crappy (stalled out too)...recommend, like my coach told me!!!, to wait until P3 for that.

Last edited by LizRR; 02-07-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #8  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I always joked with hubby I was "1 good flush away" from a big number (we really sweet talk eachother...or as IP43s hubby would say "sweat talk"). Busymom had "c" issues her last few weeks before goal and had "the flush heard round the world" for her final WI (like 5-7 lb). That teas works! Dealing with some issues myself, but no teas while preggers, will grab some psyllium husk caps perhaps.

phase 2 is a piece of cake, super easy - but honestly, Phase 3 was a little tricky...everyone gets turned around it seems. I went nutzo on my planning then (and have the recipe thread to prove it) to make sure I stuck to guidelines. Be warned though, I jumped the gun and started running/high intensity in P2 and felt pretty crappy (stalled out too)...recommend, like my coach told me!!!, to wait until P3 for that.
LOL! Yeah, I'm about ready for a big flush. Might be time to try out some of the tea since everyone seems to get good results with it. Up until the last week or so I've stayed fairly regular.

Thanks for the advice re: P2. I'll be diving pretty frequently over the next couple of weeks so I'll be adding packets or food one way or the other, whether I move to P2 or stick to P1 for the whole time I'm away. I'll try to keep the exertion level as low as I can. (The toughest part, honestly, is hauling 20+ pounds of camera gear to and from the boat!)

I'll be relying on all the recipes you and others have posted on 3fc ... Thanks for all of those!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #9  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone. Scorbet great wi I'm going to have to give that tea a try. Gonna be a busy weekend with the storm coming. I work for a Pd so no calling in for me. I hope we don't get all that snow where I live. I hate shoveling.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #10  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

HEY THAT'S GREAT, SCORBETT WHO KNOWS, IT MAY EVEN BE MORE BY NEXT WED!!

I weighed in this morning! Down 1.8!! I reached my mini goal of 165!! Next mini goal is 162...that will make 25lbs even! An halfway to my ultimate goal! LOVE IP!!! (Of course, my bff is doing a low carb diet on her own and has lost almost as much as me without the space bag food)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #11  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I was just reviewing my post and I can't believe how much it helps to have my progress right there in my signature. I've felt a few times that I had been stalled but looking at the weekly info, I can see that there was actually no stall at all!! I've been consistantly losing! It's funny how my mind works against me!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

LOL @ the Flush Heard Round the World And if you're having some issues, it's gross but try some prune juice that has been warmed up in the microwave. We use it at the hospital often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Good morning everyone. Scorbet great wi I'm going to have to give that tea a try. Gonna be a busy weekend with the storm coming. I work for a Pd so no calling in for me. I hope we don't get all that snow where I live. I hate shoveling.
Same here - we're in the area of MA that could just get a snow/rain mix but you never can tell with these storms. I work at the hospital so no call outs for me either I might be strapping on the snowshoes, but I'll be at work all weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post

I weighed in this morning! Down 1.8!! I reached my mini goal of 165!! Next mini goal is 162...that will make 25lbs even! An halfway to my ultimate goal! LOVE IP!!! (Of course, my bff is doing a low carb diet on her own and has lost almost as much as me without the space bag food)
Nice job!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

The smoothe move tea worked a little too well for me last time too. I had visions of that bathroom scene in the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Do you know if the effects would be a little milder if you steep it a little less? I usually steep for the full 15 minutes, but after the last one I'm afraid to use it again unless I can spend the day at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post

Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Scorbett - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you

Chugging along on P1 still. My goal weight is slowly but surely getting closer Need to get through my vacation OP, that's my only thought right now though

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
The smoothe move tea worked a little too well for me last time too. I had visions of that bathroom scene in the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Do you know if the effects would be a little milder if you steep it a little less? I usually steep for the full 15 minutes, but after the last one I'm afraid to use it again unless I can spend the day at home.

I'm sure less steeping time would mean a lesser effect - it's just tough because there's no way to really measure the strength. Definitely worth trying next time you need it though, it can't hurt!
Closed Thread