Weight Loss Support - Not losing weight! Frustrated & lost!

Annna83
02-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi guys..
I'm new here & I'm struggling with my weight loss..!

My current weight is 140 lbs
Height: 5'4
Starting weight: 150 lbs

I started dieting & exercising back in November 2012:
1000 to 1200 cal diet plan & some days I eat only around 800 to 600 cal..
+
60 minutes of daily workout (walking, tae-bo, dancing)

Up to date, I only managed to drop 10 lbs and that's really frustrating..!
I feel like I'm starving & exhausting myself with no luck of getting to my goal weight..!

I was told that I'm not eating enough & my body might be going through a starvation mode..
Although I don't believe so, I tried eating more & keeping my calorie intake between 1300-1200 cal..

I use a calorie log on my iPhone & I'm very obsessed with calculating every bite that goes into my mouth (I weigh/measure my food)..

I even tried eliminating carbs & just stick to protein, fruits & veggies but nothing has changed!

It takes me a really long time to drop a pound & sometimes I gain few!!! I'm sure you all know how frustrating that is..!

I'm feeling hopeless & depressed .. Losing weight is all I think about these days..

Any thoughts? :(

JossFit
02-07-2013, 05:07 AM
You shot yourself in the foot by starting out with your calories so low, and did yourself even more on an injustice by dropping them to 800-900!

You need to figure out how many calories you REALLY need by figuring out your Basal Metabolic rate and Total Daily Energy Expenditure (BMR/TDEE) and eat slightly under that to create a deficit.

Starvation mode is a misnomer, but you have experienced metabolic adaptation due to so few calories consumed. You lost 10 pounds but by doing it so quickly you left yourself no room to move and adjust! Get your calories BACK UP (depending on how active you are I'd suggest at least 1600 to start) and have some patience.

Psychic
02-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Bump your calories up to 1500 a day. You should NEVER go below 1000. Make sure that you are drinking a lot of water as well.

Also, 140 may just be the natural weight for your body, depending on your body frame type. I'm the same height as you, but I have a large frame and my "healthy weight" lies between 135-150 lb.

Annna83
02-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Thank you guys for your input..
I'm just wondering did anybody lose weight when they start eating more?

I'm terrified to do this..This is so hard for me emotionally because it took me serious effort to stop eating the food I love & I feel all my sacrifices are for nothing..
And although I'm very disappointed & unmotivated, giving up isn't an option..
I'm going to do whatever it takes to get to my goal weight!
I'm stick & tired of waiting, I've lost 30 years of my life overweight!

lunarsongbird
02-07-2013, 07:48 PM
How much weight are you wanting to lose?

What type of foods do you love? And why are you sacrificing them?

I have continued to lose weight after upping calories. I've also been watching some people on the 100 lb daily thread that have upped calories and continued to lose. One of the problems with restricting your calories so much is that once you hit goal weight- that type of diet is impossible to maintain (not necessarily that caloric intake, because you can up that....but cutting out foods you loved). You need to find a weight loss program that works more like a lifestyle change, which is why I ask why you are cutting your favorite foods.

I've cut some of my "favorite" foods, such as coke and McDonalds because they are detrimental to my health, not my weight loss, necessarily.

ETA: Also, as psychic mentioned- It looks like you are in a normal BMI for your height.

Mozzy
02-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!

Annna83
02-07-2013, 08:42 PM
How much weight are you wanting to lose?

What type of foods do you love? And why are you sacrificing them?

I have continued to lose weight after upping calories. I've also been watching some people on the 100 lb daily thread that have upped calories and continued to lose. One of the problems with restricting your calories so much is that once you hit goal weight- that type of diet is impossible to maintain (not necessarily that caloric intake, because you can up that....but cutting out foods you loved). You need to find a weight loss program that works more like a lifestyle change, which is why I ask why you are cutting your favorite foods.

I've cut some of my "favorite" foods, such as coke and McDonalds because they are detrimental to my health, not my weight loss, necessarily.

ETA: Also, as psychic mentioned- It looks like you are in a normal BMI for your height.

Thank you so much for replying..

My goal weight would be 110 lbs

I'm a very picky eater & I'm guessing that's why it was always hard for me to lose weight before..
I love fast food, chocolates, ice creams, desserts, pizza, noodles..etc
I used to eat out almost everyday but I give that up & the last time I had a fast food meal was two months ago..
I don't want to give up these things forever, I want to be able to eat a doughnut or a cheeseburger from time to time..

I hate fruits & veggies.. I hate chicken & fish .. I can't eat eggs & I hate dairy(cheese, milk..etc)
But I force myself to eat just to get the energy for my workout..
That's why I'm struggling to reach my daily calorie limit..

I love exercising & I actually enjoy it.. That what is keeping me going!

HungryHungryHippo
02-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Damn, Anna--you don't have a lot to lose, but you've got a hard row to hoe, because all of the foods you dislike are the typical weight-loss ones! Learning to cook them in a tasty way might help. For example: Dice a butternut squash, shake it in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and Old Bay, and bake it for 45 minutes. Voila--better than French fries!! Take some red onions, cut them in eighths, leaving the ends intact to keep them from separating, shake them in 1-2 T of olive oil, plus McCormick's black pepper Grill Mates. Bake for about 35 minutes--better than onion rings!

HungryHungryHippo
02-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Oh, there's also a low-calorie ice cream I've read about here, called Arctic Zero, that only has 150 calories per pint. May not be the best nutritional bang for the buck, but if that's what you crave, could be a good option.

mrsmelmitch
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Thank you so much for replying..

My goal weight would be 110 lbs

I just looked at my Weight Watcher's healthy weight range chart and for a person who is 5'-4" a healthy weight is between 117 lbs to 146 lbs. You are already in the healthy weight range so I think your goal of 110 lbs might be unrealistic. My suggestion would be to stop focusing on the scale and start focusing more on getting toned and loosing inches through weight training. Your body will look better and because muscle burns more calories so you'll be able to eat more.

Good luck!

chubbiegurl
02-08-2013, 12:17 AM
I began finding my calories suffering recently not on purpose I just wasn't hungry. I have been safely eating more calories even having things I deprived myself of and as a result I lost my last 4 lbs. Like suggested already find ways to make the foods u don't like edible and why do u want to be 110 sounds like that will be dificult to maintain, toning might be all u need at this point, maybe 5 more lbs. best of luck

Annna83
02-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Damn, Anna--you don't have a lot to lose, but you've got a hard row to hoe, because all of the foods you dislike are the typical weight-loss ones! Learning to cook them in a tasty way might help. For example: Dice a butternut squash, shake it in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and Old Bay, and bake it for 45 minutes. Voila--better than French fries!! Take some red onions, cut them in eighths, leaving the ends intact to keep them from separating, shake them in 1-2 T of olive oil, plus McCormick's black pepper Grill Mates. Bake for about 35 minutes--better than onion rings!

Thank you HungryHungryHippo !
Those are very simple & easy! Definitely worth the try! Thank you!

Annna83
02-08-2013, 03:16 AM
I just looked at my Weight Watcher's healthy weight range chart and for a person who is 5'-4" a healthy weight is between 117 lbs to 146 lbs. You are already in the healthy weight range so I think your goal of 110 lbs might be unrealistic. My suggestion would be to stop focusing on the scale and start focusing more on getting toned and loosing inches through weight training. Your body will look better and because muscle burns more calories so you'll be able to eat more.

Good luck!

To be honest my goal to lose weight isn't because I want to be healthy..lol
I just want to look good in my swim suit for once in my life!

I'm trying not to focus on the scale but at the same time I'm not noticing any changes in my body (I take photos every two weeks & compare)

Annna83
02-08-2013, 03:23 AM
I began finding my calories suffering recently not on purpose I just wasn't hungry. I have been safely eating more calories even having things I deprived myself of and as a result I lost my last 4 lbs. Like suggested already find ways to make the foods u don't like edible and why do u want to be 110 sounds like that will be dificult to maintain, toning might be all u need at this point, maybe 5 more lbs. best of luck

Exactly! I don't feel hungry!
My body right now doesn't look good..I look & feel very fat!
That's why I think I need serious weight loss! Up to at least 15 lbs of fat!

I'm going to push myself & eat more..this seems the right thing to do right now!

Thank you!

Heather
02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Given that you are within your goal range and want to look better in a swimsuit, I recommend 2 things:

1) learn more about weight training. Many many women find that they can tone their bodies and build a little muscle and look MUCH better
2) check out our featherweights forum. You will find lots of women dealing with similar issues.

gymrat05
02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Everyone else has made some really good points, so I won't rehash them. What I will say is if you're worried about increasing your calories and gaining weight to do it gradually. You won't gain weight eating 1200 calories. It's just not possible. What I would suggest is increasing your calories by 10% every week (or two weeks even). So if you're averaging 900 calories, add 10% to that (so 990, call it 1000) and eat that for a week. The next week eat 1100. Then next eat 1210ish. You need to get to at least 1200. The less weight you have to lose the more calories you need. Your body is healthy. You want to lose weight for vanity reasons (totally not judging. My body is healthy at 155 and I wanna be 135-140). But my point is at this weight your body doesn't want to lose. If you convince you're body you're going to keep starving it down to nothing it's going to keep holding onto everything you eat.

Focus on getting your calories up and incorporate good, healthy fats to do so. Limit your processed foods and do strength training if you're not already. I honestly think 110 is really low for you to aim for. Maybe try aiming for 120-125 and then see how it goes from there.

Also, why can't you have a little treat once in a while? You have the calories. If buying a McDonald's ice cream cone a couple of nights a week (its' about 130 calories I believe) will keep you sane and from feeling deprived, go for it. Work it into your calories. Just don't keep it in the house. If you'e going to indulge a little make sure you actually have to go out to have the treat so that once it's gone there's no leftovers. Pick one new, healthy meal with different vegetables in it to try every week. If you don't like chicken what about cooking it in a slow cooker so it shreds and then mixing it in with some rice? There are toooooons of blogs out there with fantastic recipes for the pickiest of eaters. Find healthy versions of meals you *do* like.

Good luck!

April Snow
02-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Given that you are within your goal range and want to look better in a swimsuit, I recommend 2 things:

1) learn more about weight training. Many many women find that they can tone their bodies and build a little muscle and look MUCH better
2) check out our featherweights forum. You will find lots of women dealing with similar issues.

this, plus I think you also need to adjust your expectations. You've lost 10 lbs in 3 months. At an already healthy weight, that is not an unreasonable pace. It takes a lot longer for the weight to come off when you are not that heavy, at least for a lot of people.

Annna83
02-09-2013, 03:17 AM

I will. Thank you so much for your response ! :)

Annna83
02-09-2013, 03:31 AM
Everyone else has made some really good points, so I won't rehash them. What I will say is if you're worried about increasing your calories and gaining weight to do it gradually. You won't gain weight eating 1200 calories. It's just not possible. What I would suggest is increasing your calories by 10% every week (or two weeks even). So if you're averaging 900 calories, add 10% to that (so 990, call it 1000) and eat that for a week. The next week eat 1100. Then next eat 1210ish. You need to get to at least 1200. The less weight you have to lose the more calories you need. Your body is healthy. You want to lose weight for vanity reasons (totally not judging. My body is healthy at 155 and I wanna be 135-140). But my point is at this weight your body doesn't want to lose. If you convince you're body you're going to keep starving it down to nothing it's going to keep holding onto everything you eat.

Focus on getting your calories up and incorporate good, healthy fats to do so. Limit your processed foods and do strength training if you're not already. I honestly think 110 is really low for you to aim for. Maybe try aiming for 120-125 and then see how it goes from there.

Also, why can't you have a little treat once in a while? You have the calories. If buying a McDonald's ice cream cone a couple of nights a week (its' about 130 calories I believe) will keep you sane and from feeling deprived, go for it. Work it into your calories. Just don't keep it in the house. If you'e going to indulge a little make sure you actually have to go out to have the treat so that once it's gone there's no leftovers. Pick one new, healthy meal with different vegetables in it to try every week. If you don't like chicken what about cooking it in a slow cooker so it shreds and then mixing it in with some rice? There are toooooons of blogs out there with fantastic recipes for the pickiest of eaters. Find healthy versions of meals you *do* like.

Good luck!

Thanks gymrat05 !

Last night I managed to eat up to 1200 calorie and I felt great. I felt alive again..hahahahah (See Attached)
I haven't eaten this much since a long time and I hope I can do it for long and eventually see some results.

Thank you again for your great advice! :)

Annna83
02-09-2013, 03:41 AM
this, plus I think you also need to adjust your expectations. You've lost 10 lbs in 3 months. At an already healthy weight, that is not an unreasonable pace. It takes a lot longer for the weight to come off when you are not that heavy, at least for a lot of people.

The reason why my expectations were so high is because I started dieting & exercising with my youngest brother who is way much heavier than me..
He is dropping weight like crazy and comparing our results made feel so disappointed and unmotivated.

I'm much more relived when I read that a lot of people are struggling to drop the last 10 or 20 pounds. It's not easy when you are in a healthy weight range.

Thanks April Snow! :)

eliza422
02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
The reason why my expectations were so high is because I started dieting & exercising with my youngest brother who is way much heavier than me..
He is dropping weight like crazy and comparing our results made feel so disappointed and unmotivated.

It's never a good idea to compare yourself to a man/boy - they are so different from women biologically! Hormonal issues will drive you nuts during a weight loss effort.

Just my 2 cents!

April Snow
02-11-2013, 03:41 PM
You could also try comparing percentages rather than pounds, like they do on The Biggest Loser.

If you started at 150, and lost 10 lbs so far, that's 6.67% of your total body weight. At my starting weight of 257 I need to lose over 17 lbs to match that, almost double!

(plus, as Eliza points out, men generally lose more quickly than women because they have less fat, less hormonal changes, etc.).

PatLib
02-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Tae Bo can build muscle so maybe that's it. I really think you should measure yourself (like your waist, arms, etc.) and see if you are dropping inches. I have plateaued at 180 but I still dropped a pants size. Weight is important but not the only measurement of how successful you are. Also if you are feeling starving you may not be eating enough and your metabolism is going into starvation mode so its not working in your favor.

Annna83
02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
It's never a good idea to compare yourself to a man/boy - they are so different from women biologically! Hormonal issues will drive you nuts during a weight loss effort.

Just my 2 cents!

Yup! :\

Annna83
02-12-2013, 12:52 AM
You could also try comparing percentages rather than pounds, like they do on The Biggest Loser.

If you started at 150, and lost 10 lbs so far, that's 6.67% of your total body weight. At my starting weight of 257 I need to lose over 17 lbs to match that, almost double!

(plus, as Eliza points out, men generally lose more quickly than women because they have less fat, less hormonal changes, etc.).

Wow! It's amazing when you compare it that way!

Annna83
02-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Tae Bo can build muscle so maybe that's it. I really think you should measure yourself (like your waist, arms, etc.) and see if you are dropping inches. I have plateaued at 180 but I still dropped a pants size. Weight is important but not the only measurement of how successful you are. Also if you are feeling starving you may not be eating enough and your metabolism is going into starvation mode so its not working in your favor.

Yes Tae Bo build muscle specially in my arms!
I took before & after photo, and although I lost 10 lbs, I didn't notice a big difference in my before & after photos.
I have taken my measurement (Feb 01) because I'm starting a new exercise routine and will see how things go..

I also increased my calorie intake up to 1200 calories a day..
I gained two lbs in the last 4 days..It's sad and really frustrating but from what I read it might be a water weight or something..

Anyway.. I won't give up..
even If I'm losing a pound a month, it's a progress, much better than nothing and of course better than eating garbage and sitting all day!
I will never go back to my old life style.. It sucked, and It made me hate myself..
Exercising gave me strength and confidence..and I won't stop..:carrot:

nataliegm
02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Muscle weighs more than fat so that could by why. Lean muscle is what you want to look at working on since you're already at a good weight. I agree with the people saying 1500 to 1600 calories. I would say focus on where you're getting those calories right now. Protein protein protein. But don't cut your carbs completely out, they help you feel happy and satisfied. Maybe since you're wanting to look great in swimwear you ought to think about something like crossfit, p90x, or something along those lines since they are more about sculpting than losing. Good luck to you and congrats on 10 you've already lost.

mkroyer
02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
theres literally no way you are building any muscle eating so few calories... sorry.. thats not what happening.... even upping your cals to 1200... no muscle gains.. upping them to 1600, stil prob no muscle gain.

if you want to eat 1200/day to lose thats fine, or even 1000.. but you cant be exercising an hour a day and eat so little..... as Joss pointed out, youre shooting yourself in the foot....

Its a viscious cycle many women get caught in, unfortunately. If eating 1500 a day causes weight loss, than eating 1200 must cause 2X the weight loss! and if i exercise even MORE and drop my calories even MORE, then my results will be through the roof!!

Doesnt work that way... there is a point of diminishing returns here you are doing more harm (in terms of fat loss success) than good. Intense exercise coupled with low cal diet is a recipe for quick and severe metabolic adaptation. if you want to work out an hour a day, fine, but you have to EAT to compensate or it .... i am not saying "eat back your exercise cals" but i am saying you need a higher overall caloric average to facilitte recovery and repair..... by not eating enough and exercising too much, youre already experiencing the effects of how your body will react... no fat loss

novangel
02-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I started around 155 and it has taken me a year to lose 12p but I appear as though I have lost at least 20. My size loss was major. The less you have to lose the harder. I have no idea why it's taking me so long but I guess I have a lot of patience. As long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction...

I also think 110p is a bit low but everyone is different. If I get below 135p I feel sick and light-headed all the time. Definitely need to up your calories!!

Annna83
02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Muscle weighs more than fat so that could by why. Lean muscle is what you want to look at working on since you're already at a good weight. I agree with the people saying 1500 to 1600 calories. I would say focus on where you're getting those calories right now. Protein protein protein. But don't cut your carbs completely out, they help you feel happy and satisfied. Maybe since you're wanting to look great in swimwear you ought to think about something like crossfit, p90x, or something along those lines since they are more about sculpting than losing. Good luck to you and congrats on 10 you've already lost.

Thanks nataliegm :)

Annna83
02-13-2013, 12:19 AM
theres literally no way you are building any muscle eating so few calories... sorry.. thats not what happening.... even upping your cals to 1200... no muscle gains.. upping them to 1600, stil prob no muscle gain.

if you want to eat 1200/day to lose thats fine, or even 1000.. but you cant be exercising an hour a day and eat so little..... as Joss pointed out, youre shooting yourself in the foot....

Its a viscious cycle many women get caught in, unfortunately. If eating 1500 a day causes weight loss, than eating 1200 must cause 2X the weight loss! and if i exercise even MORE and drop my calories even MORE, then my results will be through the roof!!

Doesnt work that way... there is a point of diminishing returns here you are doing more harm (in terms of fat loss success) than good. Intense exercise coupled with low cal diet is a recipe for quick and severe metabolic adaptation. if you want to work out an hour a day, fine, but you have to EAT to compensate or it .... i am not saying "eat back your exercise cals" but i am saying you need a higher overall caloric average to facilitte recovery and repair..... by not eating enough and exercising too much, youre already experiencing the effects of how your body will react... no fat loss

I don't believe I'm building muscles either..
the only area I'm super satisfied with is my arms and shoulders (they look fantastic, very toned and beautiful)

I have seen a lot of women at the gym getting crazy skinny doing what I do..
Eating too little and spending an hour or two at the gym..
I guess, bodies are different..What works for others, don't work for me..

I increased my calories up to 1200-1300..(since Friday this week)
In the first two days, I gained two lbs
Today, I'm two lbs down again..
Hopefully I lose two more lbs by the end of Feb !

I'm trying to eat more gradually .. and I can't believe how hard this is..
Healthy food is very low in calories!

Anyway, now I know for sure that eating too little and exercising more doesn't work in my favor.. I will not do that again, that's for sure!

Thanks!

Annna83
02-13-2013, 12:26 AM
I started around 155 and it has taken me a year to lose 12p but I appear as though I have lost at least 20. My size loss was major. The less you have to lose the harder. I have no idea why it's taking me so long but I guess I have a lot of patience. As long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction...

I also think 110p is a bit low but everyone is different. If I get below 135p I feel sick and light-headed all the time. Definitely need to up your calories!!

How much do you eat? & what's your workout like?

I don't mind waiting & working twice as hard to get what I want..
I'm only frustrated because I felt there's something wrong with my body..
But now I know for sure eating too little was a big mistake..
It didn't make me lose weight faster and It isolated me and made me depressed..

JossFit
02-13-2013, 05:29 AM

This. All of it. :)

JossFit
02-13-2013, 05:34 AM
I have seen a lot of women at the gym getting crazy skinny doing what I do..
Eating too little and spending an hour or two at the gym..

Does that even sound appealing? "Crazy skinny"?

I guess, bodies are different..What works for others, don't work for me..

You don't see what others are doing, you only catch glimpses of it. You have no idea what these women at your gym eat, how active they are outside of the gym, etc.

I increased my calories up to 1200-1300..(since Friday this week)
In the first two days, I gained two lbs
Today, I'm two lbs down again..
Hopefully I lose two more lbs by the end of Feb !

You didn't gain two pounds - the scale went up two pounds because you had more food/glycogen in your body.

I'm trying to eat more gradually .. and I can't believe how hard this is..
Healthy food is very low in calories!

Avocado, peanut butter, salmon, egg yolks, nuts... all VERY easy ways to get your calories up.

Anyway, now I know for sure that eating too little and exercising more doesn't work in my favor.. I will not do that again, that's for sure!

Thanks!

It doesn't really WORK for anyone, at least not in the long term! :) Keep getting those calories up and I think you'll be surprised at how much you can eat and NOT gain, and continue to lose in fact.

A friend of mine just recently went from eating 1200 or fewer calories per day to literally DOUBLE that - up to 2400 most days, and her weight has stayed the same. She is lifting, feels amazing, looks firmer all over, and is just happier in general.

sacha
02-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Once upon a time, I was 5'5 and 150lbs. I broccoli & ran my way down to 108lbs. I looked skinny, and AWFUL (this was 10 years ago). I picked up a copy of Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, started eating about 2000+ calories a day, and about 2 years and 15lbs more later (123-125lbs), I looked much better!! I looked much better at 125lbs than I did at 108lbs, I looked healthy, fit, and was STILL a size 2.

This is a slow journey!

I'm 136lbs now (I had a baby 14 weeks ago) but now at 136lbs 10 YEARS LATER , I am a size 6 instead of the size 12 that I was the first time I was 136lbs!

Annna83
02-13-2013, 07:45 AM
Does that even sound appealing? "Crazy skinny"?

You don't see what others are doing, you only catch glimpses of it. You have no idea what these women at your gym eat, how active they are outside of the gym, etc.

You didn't gain two pounds - the scale went up two pounds because you had more food/glycogen in your body.

Avocado, peanut butter, salmon, egg yolks, nuts... all VERY easy ways to get your calories up.

It doesn't really WORK for anyone, at least not in the long term! :) Keep getting those calories up and I think you'll be surprised at how much you can eat and NOT gain, and continue to lose in fact.

A friend of mine just recently went from eating 1200 or fewer calories per day to literally DOUBLE that - up to 2400 most days, and her weight has stayed the same. She is lifting, feels amazing, looks firmer all over, and is just happier in general.

I read about that before but I never believed it. I never thought I will reach this stage of eating less , exercising more and not losing weight..
That is a lesson I'll never forget..

Thanks for your tips Joss!

Annna83
02-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Once upon a time, I was 5'5 and 150lbs. I broccoli & ran my way down to 108lbs. I looked skinny, and AWFUL (this was 10 years ago). I picked up a copy of Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, started eating about 2000+ calories a day, and about 2 years and 15lbs more later (123-125lbs), I looked much better!! I looked much better at 125lbs than I did at 108lbs, I looked healthy, fit, and was STILL a size 2.

This is a slow journey!

I'm 136lbs now (I had a baby 14 weeks ago) but now at 136lbs 10 YEARS LATER , I am a size 6 instead of the size 12 that I was the first time I was 136lbs!

Wow! that's really amazing..
What kind of exercises did you do?

sacha
02-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Wow! that's really amazing..
What kind of exercises did you do?
I only did 5 exercises- barbell squat, bench, deadlift, press, and power clean. Starting Strength is a workout where you are lifting 100-200lbs of weight.

Men usually lift too much for their body. Women usually lift way too little. Results require long-term effort and pushing yourself.

marigrace
02-13-2013, 08:16 AM
:hug:Given that you are within your goal range and want to look better in a swimsuit, I recommend 2 things:

Really sound advice !!! You are already in the right goal range.

TripSwitch
02-13-2013, 11:11 AM
I never believed it. I never thought I will reach this stage of eating less , exercising more and not losing weight..

Sometimes finally realizing that what we used to do that always seemed to work for us really wasn't working for us... is exactly what we need...