30-Somethings - 150's Anyone?

View Full Version : 150's Anyone?

Peaches55
02-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Spent the last couple of months in the 160's and am elated to be in the 150's but can't wait for them to be gone too :-)

Anyone else out there battling the 150's?

Kiz
02-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Congrats on getting into the 150's! I love jumping down a category as such, it's only one pound, but mentally it's so much more from **0 to **9:D

I have been stuck at 152 for AGES... would like to get to the 140's already!!! :)

I am away for the next 10 days, but will check in when I get back and see how you are going!

Thousandsunny
02-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi! I have been stuck in the 150s forever myself. Bouncing from 154 to 158 and back. I think I need to ramp up my exercise because I don't get to the gym nearly as much as I should and I rely too heavily on diet alone. Hoping to kick the 150s soon! :carrot:

CleverName
02-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Hi everyone! I've been bouncing around 157-159 for the past month. I know that if I cut the sweets, I'd be losing. I need motivation, I haven't found it yet.
I would also like to start exercising- I know I'd feel better.

sdejager
02-10-2013, 01:57 AM
I am right there with you! Been stuck between 150 -151 for over a week. At this point i will be thrilled to lose 1 or 2 pounds just to see the 140's!! Makes me wonder if my body just plain likes this weight best :(

BeachBreeze2010
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm here! I'm here! YAY! 159.0 this morning. I've been sick for a few weeks and haven't been able to exercise so my weight loss has slowed down, but I am thankful to see this pound gone! I predict that this decade will be slower than the last (about 5 weeks), but that's okay. I almost feel like I'm at a maintenance weight but "fine-tuning" more than on an all-out weight loss mode. I'm a size 10 and feel good. I think it will take some discipline to keep up my calorie level the further I get. I do want to get at least to 145, so complacency will be an enemy.

Shrinkberry
02-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Well after 3 days in the 150s, I guess I have officially graduated from the 160s thread. My goal was to be in the 150s by Valentine's Day and I made it with a few days to spare. :D

My next goal is to hit 149 by the end of March. I've been pretty much on plan and working out at least 5-6 days a week since August, and diet fatigue is setting in. I'm a little tired of constantly thinking about weight loss. Hopefully my last 20 lbs won't give me too much trouble.

BeachBreeze2010
02-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Hey shrinkberry! Congrats! I have to think each "decade" means slower losses, but I'll still cross my fingers for one every 6 weeks.

158 today!! I'm officially the smallest I've been in 10 years. Very weird feeling. It's a good thing, but I don't feel as small as I did the last time I was here. Our perceptions are always a bit odd, I guess. Oh well, I'm looking forward to more results and getting through these 150s and feeling what it felt like to be in the 140s. Wow! That's a little mind blowing for me.

Shrinkberry
02-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Hey shrinkberry! Congrats! I have to think each "decade" means slower losses, but I'll still cross my fingers for one every 6 weeks.

158 today!! I'm officially the smallest I've been in 10 years. Very weird feeling. It's a good thing, but I don't feel as small as I did the last time I was here. Our perceptions are always a bit odd, I guess. Oh well, I'm looking forward to more results and getting through these 150s and feeling what it felt like to be in the 140s. Wow! That's a little mind blowing for me.

Yay, that must be an awesome feeling after 10 years.

But, I know what you mean about body perceptions. I personally still feel overweight, even though I am consistently wearing size 8 or loose size 10 pants. When I was in the 160s, I thought I would feel better in the 150s but that hasn't been the case. After only 4 days, I'm already dreaming about hitting the 140s. I suppose I need to take a moment to sit back and think about how far I've come.

BeachBreeze2010
02-17-2013, 08:55 PM
TOM came and brought 159 with him. Okay, dude - You've overstayed your welcome. Feel free to leave now!!

Shrinkberry
02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
TOM came and brought 159 with him. Okay, dude - You've overstayed your welcome. Feel free to leave now!!

I'm in the exact same spot and sadly won't meet my monthly weight loss goal as a result. First month since I started losing weight that I didn't lose 10lbs. My goal this month was only 6lbs and I still won't make it. I'm back on the wagon with a consistent diet and workout schedule after a week of feeling blah about weight loss. TOM go away.

Shrinkberry
02-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Got a funny compliment from my co-worker yesterday. She has been calling me "skinny girl" since I weighed about 180lbs (yes, it was annoying and slightly embarrassing since I was anything but skinny at that weight). Anyway, yesterday she stopped me and said "Wow. Now you're actually skinny. You could totally stop here and look great". Definitely not stopping at 158, but it is nice to get compliments when I'm feeling the TOM blahs.

BeachBreeze2010
02-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Got a funny compliment from my co-worker yesterday. She has been calling me "skinny girl" since I weighed about 180lbs (yes, it was annoying and slightly embarrassing since I was anything but skinny at that weight). Anyway, yesterday she stopped me and said "Wow. Now you're actually skinny. You could totally stop here and look great". Definitely not stopping at 158, but it is nice to get compliments when I'm feeling the TOM blahs.

That is nice! I am always a little awkward with weight compliments, too. TOM left a week ago and took his extra pounds with him and I dropped 3 in 3 days, now stall again. I swear my body loses weight but the scale just won't show it for a while. I'm hanging out at 155. I think being closer to 150 than 160 will be kind of weird. I still can't fathom the 140s right now, but once that happens, maybe I will be able to?

Shrinkberry
03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
That is nice! I am always a little awkward with weight compliments, too. TOM left a week ago and took his extra pounds with him and I dropped 3 in 3 days, now stall again. I swear my body loses weight but the scale just won't show it for a while. I'm hanging out at 155. I think being closer to 150 than 160 will be kind of weird. I still can't fathom the 140s right now, but once that happens, maybe I will be able to?

A little whoosh down to 156.8 this week. I have the same loss then stall pattern post-TOM, but sometimes the whoosh comes right before TOM. It's very weird and annoyingly inconsistent.

I also can't fathom the 140s right now either, even though I spent most of my 20s there. But, I'm definitely looking forward to it, especially since I feel like my size will be stable enough to buy some new clothes for the spring/summer. It will be my reward for staying on track through March and hopefully getting to 149 by the beginning of April.

dancerindenver
03-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi all - I finally get to join you guys today!!! Finally at 159 - woot!

Shrinkberry - congrats on your whoosh!

Beachbreeze - nice job on the 10yr low!

BeachBreeze2010
03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Yay Dancerindenver!!! So glad to see you here!

Shrink - I was in the 120s in high school and then gained very quickly - in just one year - when I was about 23 and stayed that way until last year at 32. (I'm almost 34 now) So, I don't have a clear idea of what each decade is. It's a very weird feeling. Right now I swear I look in the mirror and think I look the same as I did at my highest. I keep waiting for the magic to happen that will make me 22 again, but it hasn't happened yet. It's kind of an odd adjustment that the best I get is a 34 year old body at a lower weight with stretch marks and loose skin. I guess there was an irrational expectation that I could still "get my old body back." But, I'm making peace with it. And, I'm hoping that losing more will help.

Shrinkberry
03-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Yay Dancerindenver!!! So glad to see you here!

Shrink - I was in the 120s in high school and then gained very quickly - in just one year - when I was about 23 and stayed that way until last year at 32. (I'm almost 34 now) So, I don't have a clear idea of what each decade is. It's a very weird feeling. Right now I swear I look in the mirror and think I look the same as I did at my highest. I keep waiting for the magic to happen that will make me 22 again, but it hasn't happened yet. It's kind of an odd adjustment that the best I get is a 34 year old body at a lower weight with stretch marks and loose skin. I guess there was an irrational expectation that I could still "get my old body back." But, I'm making peace with it. And, I'm hoping that losing more will help.

I know what you mean about the weight loss-brain game. But for me at least, the curiosity and desire to see what the next decade brings keeps me motivated to continue. For you, I'm certain the magic will happen soon, even if you don't quite get to that perfect 120lb body you remember. Looking and feeling good about your 34-year old self should be the ultimate goal anyway.

CleverName
03-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey ladies
I've been hanging around 155.6 for the past few days, I'm dying to get into the 140's! I'm not quite sure why, but the 140's seem major. Maybe because I never got back there after baby #2.

Shrinkberry
03-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey ladies
I've been hanging around 155.6 for the past few days, I'm dying to get into the 140's! I'm not quite sure why, but the 140's seem major. Maybe because I never got back there after baby #2.

I think this is the main theme of the 150s thread. On the brink of "normal" weight is super exciting.

Shrinkberry
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't have any weight-related updates, but I went on a date on Friday. I definitely put socializing on the back burner when I gained weight and was even avoiding hanging out with my good friends. Yay for feeling better about myself and life getting back to normal.

dancerindenver
03-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Shrinkberry - how was the date? Curious to hear. Good for you for getting out there!

I'm down a pound to 158 today. Sloooowwwly chipping away at the 150s....

Shrinkberry
03-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Shrinkberry - how was the date? Curious to hear. Good for you for getting out there!

I'm down a pound to 158 today. Sloooowwwly chipping away at the 150s....

The date was good. Just a couple of drinks at a bar, so it was pretty low key. At first, I wasn't sure if it was a date or if it was two acquaintances hanging out, but I realized quickly that I was definitely on a date. And yes, I am a complete dunce when it comes to dating. How does a girl not realize a guy is asking her out? I have no idea. Anyway, we've shared a few texts since Friday and may do something again soon.

ETA: Congrats on the pound. I've been eating at maintenance lately and am sitting at 156/157. On Sunday, I decided to get back into gear, recommit to my plan, and get into the 140s in April. I want to be wearing tank tops by summer, darn it.

dancerindenver
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Shrinkberry - keep us posted on new developments! I'm getting back into dating after ending a 10 yr relationship and it's sooo weird. Have a date on Fri - will fill you guys in after ;)

Down another pound today to 157 - not sure why exactly but I'll happily take it!

Shrinkberry
03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Shrinkberry - keep us posted on new developments! I'm getting back into dating after ending a 10 yr relationship and it's sooo weird. Have a date on Fri - will fill you guys in after ;)

Down another pound today to 157 - not sure why exactly but I'll happily take it!

I will. And I'm excited for you. I totally get that dating is hard after a 10 year relationship. It's been about 4 years for me, although I've been single during that time. Getting back out there after a long intermission is a challenge. And I kinda feel like the 30-something guys have mastered the "pretend to be interested until I get some action" thing. I have such a hard time figuring out who is being genuine and who is being a player. I tend to assume the latter until I have evidence to the contrary, but it is hard to get to know someone with your guard up like that. I guess that is the never-ending challenge with dating.

Kiz
03-15-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm bouncing all round the 150's at the moment, from 152-159...it's annoying! I would rather be bouncing around the 140's!! :)

Anyway, dating, exciting!! ;) I think most people are a bit rubbish at dating... unless they are a player so I wouldn't worry about it!

I think to assume the best of people until they prove otherwise is much better. I mean either way you are using assumptions to create a fictitious scenario based on very incomplete information... so why not make it a good fictious scenario? :D (I can't spell today sorry)

Shrinkberry
03-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm bouncing all round the 150's at the moment, from 152-159...it's annoying! I would rather be bouncing around the 140's!! :)

Anyway, dating, exciting!! ;) I think most people are a bit rubbish at dating... unless they are a player so I wouldn't worry about it!

I think to assume the best of people until they prove otherwise is much better. I mean either way you are using assumptions to create a fictitious scenario based on very incomplete information... so why not make it a good fictious scenario? :D (I can't spell today sorry)

Welcome Kiz! I have to say I love that I hear an accent when I read your post.

Anyhow, you're probably right about everyone being bad at dating. Makes me feel a little bit better.

Shrinkberry
03-18-2013, 12:46 PM
At 155.2-155.4 for the past 4 days or so. I think I might jinx myself if I call it the halfway mark, but I'm going to say it anyway. Halfway to 149.:carrot: My goal is to move through the second half of this decade a bit faster than the first half.

DinD - How was the date?

dancerindenver
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Congrats on hitting the halfway point, shrinkberry! Date got cancelled but I have a different one tonight - no idea if we will click or not. Have you been out with your date again?

dancerindenver
03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Down to 156 this morning so getting close to the halfway point!!! And went on a date last night with a great guy - life is pretty decent right now... how are you guys doing?

dancerindenver
03-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Mini whoosh - down to 155 this morning :)

CleverName
03-23-2013, 03:31 PM
At 155.2-155.4 for the past 4 days or so. I think I might jinx myself if I call it the halfway mark, but I'm going to say it anyway. Halfway to 149.:carrot: My goal is to move through the second half of this decade a bit faster than the first half.

Me too, exactly. I'm at 155.2-.4 the past little while. I was really happy to see 155 again this morning, although it might have been a bit lower if the baby had nursed more before I weighed for the day. :)

Shrinkberry
03-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Down to 156 this morning so getting close to the halfway point!!! And went on a date last night with a great guy - life is pretty decent right now... how are you guys doing?

Excellent. Glad to hear it.

I feel the same about life being pretty decent. I had an awesome workout weekend, which hasn't happened in about a month. Decent, sorta hilly 5 mile run on Friday, long ride on the spin bike on Saturday and a 7 mile run outside on Sunday. On Sunday, the sun was out and it was a little warmer than normal (ie in the high 40s!...there's still snow on the ground here in New England). Lots of runners/walkers/bikers out on my running path, which made for good people-watching.

And I weighed in a 151.2 this morning, which I think is a water weight whoosh b/c of the running. I will likely creep back up to around 153 during the week after I rehydrate. But, I'll take any progress at this point.

dancerindenver
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Wow, shrinkberry - when you whoosh, you don't mess around! ;) Nice job!

Shrinkberry
03-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Haha, I'm sure it is water weight. Last week, I had a not-so-great-week diet-wise. Work stress-induced cravings for jelly beans and ice cream. Anyhow, I've returned to my low-carb eating plan, which contributed to the water-weight whoosh. Back to low carb until my May vacation, at least. Now, if I could only learn how to manage stress without resorting to sugar.....ugh. Definitely the biggest diet obstacle for me.

Shrinkberry
03-26-2013, 10:27 AM
DinD - I knew my water weight whoosh wouldn't last. Back up to 152.8. Oh well.

dancerindenver
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
That number looks great from my vantage point at 155! :)

Shrinkberry
03-26-2013, 03:22 PM
That number looks great from my vantage point at 155! :)

You'll be there in no time.:)

dancerindenver
03-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Down to 154 today - how's everyone else doing? Maybe you're all hanging out in the 140s - if so congrats and hope to catch up soon ;)

Shrinkberry
03-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Down to 154 today - how's everyone else doing? Maybe you're all hanging out in the 140s - if so congrats and hope to catch up soon ;)

Nope, not in the 140s, but down to 151.8 for a few days in a row.

Well it is the last day of March and looking back, and I have lost 5 lbs this month. Pretty good considering that I had a couple of stints off plan diet-wise.

And today marks exactly 7 months since I started losing weight, and getting below 152 means that I have lost 70lbs in that time. I think I need to pause for a moment and pat myself on the back. 12lbs to goal.

Happy Easter to those who are celebrating.

dancerindenver
04-01-2013, 05:20 PM
SB - wow, that's seriously impressive! You are a weight-loss rockstar, making that much progress in 7 months. Way to go!

Shrinkberry
04-02-2013, 09:44 AM
SB - wow, that's seriously impressive! You are a weight-loss rockstar, making that much progress in 7 months. Way to go!

Thanks! I'm not sure it makes me a rockstar - just seriously impatient. One of the benefits of being single is that there is no one to complain about the food in the house or that dinner is a lean meat and veggie....again. But I have to admit that I have been neglecting my friends a bit in the past 6-months in favor of healthy eating and extra gym time. But everyone sort of hibernates in the wintertime anyway so in retrospect I'm glad I just buckled down and focused on getting healthy.

Shrinkberry
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Wonder how BeachBreeze is doing? Haven't seen much of her recently.

Shrinkberry
04-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Had a mini-whoosh earlier in the week to 149 and have been maintaining at 149 for a few days, despite TOM starting. Not sure I'm out of the 150s for good, but I'm getting close. :D

dancerindenver
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Shrinkberry - that's awesome, congrats! woohoo!

jenniferever
04-05-2013, 01:34 PM
I wish! 150 is my goal....

Shrinkberry
04-05-2013, 04:34 PM
I wish! 150 is my goal....

Welcome Jennifer. I weighed 222 last August and am 150 now. Commitment, dedication, and a little (ok a lot) of sweat and you'll get there. Just stick with it.

Shrinkberry
04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Shrinkberry - that's awesome, congrats! woohoo!

Thanks DinD.

Funny story. I went to the ob/gyn yesterday and we were chatting about weight loss. Then she put me in position for my exam and once she looked at the loose skin on my upper thighs, she stopped, peeked out from under the lap paper, and asked me again how much weight I had lost. I definitely carry weight in my thighs, and as a result, I have a lot of loose skin on my upper thighs. If it is noticeable enough for my ob/gyn to make a comment, then what do guys think :?: Pretty sure I will be self-conscious about that skin forever.

dancerindenver
04-05-2013, 06:17 PM
I have a feeling you just need a little more time - you lost your weight so quickly, it may take your body a little more time to adjust!

Shrinkberry
04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
I have a feeling you just need a little more time - you lost your weight so quickly, it may take your body a little more time to adjust!

Nah, the skin isn't going anywhere fast. It stuck around after I lost weight in my early 20s and I spent quite a bit of time cycling and running. My quads were (and still are) pretty muscular but the skin toward the top never tightened up. But really it looks fine even when wearing shorts. In certain positions with no clothes on is a different story. I'm just being self-conscious. In the grand scheme of things it is not that big of a deal.

dancerindenver
04-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Good perspective, Shrink - a little loose skin here and there seems pretty minor. I think I will end up with some on my tummy when I lose the next 10 or so but I'm okay with it.
Are you still cruising along in the 140s?

dancerindenver
04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
153 today!

Shrinkberry
04-14-2013, 05:18 PM
153 today!

Yay!

Hit 149 for a few days and backpedaled a bit to 150/151. Worked last weekend and a few late nights last week to meet a project deadline and it messed up my workout schedule. Work stress is the worst. But I went on a nice 45 mile bike ride today and rode about 25 miles on Saturday. Back on track.

CleverName
04-16-2013, 01:47 PM
I gained about 4 pounds at Easter, back up to 159. DH and I started a eating clean type diet, and I've lost 5.6 pounds in one week! 158.8 to 153.2, and I weighed in at 153.2 again this morning, so I'm feeling great. :D
I need to keep up the momentum and start consistently losing 1-2 lbs a week. I'm MOH in my friend's wedding mid-June, and I want to be at least 142 for that.
I'm starting to get excited about this whole weight loss thing... Who knew, if I actually try, I can do it!

dancerindenver
04-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Nice going, clever!

Shrinkberry
04-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Nice going, clever!

152! YAY DinD

CleverName
04-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Nice going, clever!

Thank you Dancer! I weighed in at 152.0 today. :D

CleverName
04-30-2013, 01:51 AM
150.4 this morning! Almost there!

CleverName
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I think I'm officially out of the 150's!

Crow
05-16-2013, 04:36 AM
159 today, glad to be here!