Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face Risperdal causing increase in weight and in hunger :(

Hi,

I haven't posted here for awhile but I have always found these forums to be pretty supportive.

Recently I was voluntarily hospitalized for my Bipolar and they changed me from Wellbutrin and Abilify to Klonopin and Risperdal. The Risperdal helps me with my thinking and mood a lot, I feel more stable and less manic but I also feel more hungry and have gained about fifteen pounds! I try to do my best but it is so hard when I get these late night hunger cravings, well middle of the night has been a struggle for a me for awhile but it has gotten worse with the Risperdal.

I am switching outpatient psychiatrists because I had some issues with the one I was seeing. He didn't even notice I was manic and was disrespectful to me in my opinion. I don't want to badmouth anyone but I need some help with getting me more on track so I'm not eating the cabinets bare and still feel somewhat stable so I don't end up inpatient again.

I am not sure what to do, I am due for a med check next month which will hopefully be with a different provider. Until then though, I don't want to gain anymore weight. I have enough medical issues from the weight and am trying to make healthier choices. I am also a stress/emotional eater and have binged at times.

I'd really like to gain some sanity with the food, I have enough issues with it but the med is just making it worse although it helps me in other ways, catch twentytwo!

Thanks for reading, all input and support welcomed.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Ooops!! Sorry I Posted Twice!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote