Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #1  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Default DVD workouts: short and low-impact

The 30DS and my knees are not getting along. I'm not sure which movement(s) are causing the pain, but after 5 days, I feel it in my knees most of the time and even had to cut short a walk due to knee pain.

So, I'm now looking for something to replace 30DS. I'd prefer a short workout (upto 30 minutes) that is low impact. I don't know if it's my age or my weight or if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't keep hurting myself.

I know longer workouts have lots of advantages, but at this point, getting up 45 minutes earlier to workout and cool down is all I'm going to manage.

It'd be nice to have a couple of options to swap off between so I don't get too bored with one.

So, if you have any suggestions for at-home short DVDs/on-line that are low impact, please share!
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #2  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Take a look at the Prevention DVDs. I like to go to Collage Video because you can view a short clip of the workout before you buy.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #3  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

It killed my knees too. I've done Walk Away the Pounds because it's very low impact and on many of the DVD's you can choose between 15-60 minutes. I'd try it first to see if it's enough as it's much more mellow than 30DS.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote