Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #1  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Boot brands that fit over fat calves...

So, I've always wanted to wear nice tall boots, but never have been able to find a brand that fit over fat calves. Anybody found any out there? I'd like to buy myself a pair as a WL goal prize.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #2  
under construction

Height: 5'6

yes i buy my boots at avenue or sometimes i just buy the ones that zip and leave em a little unzipped at the top my legs have been to thick for standerd boots even before i got heavy and thats what ive always done to get around the chunky legs issue ...... alot of other girls do it too most of the time the boots zip on the inner part of your leg so its not very noticable anyway
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/240/150

Height: 5'8"

Yes, i agree The Avenue really has the best around for us thick calved girls.. And they are not outrageously expensive ( not that cheap either) They are really good looking and comfortable to boot ( punny aren't I? )

Only problem is if you have small feet ( like under size 9-) you will probably have to buy on-line as the stores tend to only stock larger sizes! Also note that if you sign up for emails- they are always having sales.

Last edited by cadiza; 02-05-2013 at 05:10 PM.
cadiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #4  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I've had good luck with the Fitzwell brand - I got them from 6pm.com. I'm not sure if other online sites are comparable, but 6pm lets you tailor your boot search for calf width, which was really awesome and helpful. There was no anxiety about whether or not they'd fit when they arrived.

I would suggest waiting until you hit goal to order, unless you already know what your calf measurement is at that weight. You might surprise yourself. I'd wanted boots for years and finally bought them last winter... but now they're too big. I mean, I can still wear them - and what a 'problem' to have, right? - but I'm a bit sad nonetheless!

Last edited by Desiderata; 02-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #5  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I've had luck with avenue and lane bryant. If I go with torrid boots, they fit around the calves, but they tend to run big...
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I looked at Avenue earlier this season and found that all of their wide calf boots were also wide width in the foot.

I'm still looking but at this point, I guess I will just wait until next year and perhaps have more options. I found a lot of boots that are labelled wide calf that are a only little wider than average, and still not quite wide enough. But perhaps by next year, they will be.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

www.roamans.com I've bought two pair of boots from here. My calves are large, and they fit well. They're always having sales as well if you sign up for their email alerts.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #8  
Put good in, get good out

S/C/G: 290/283/200

Height: 5'10"

I always thought my legs were took thick for cute tall boots, but for Christmas my sister found the cutest pair of boots for me and they are THE best. She got them from Bakers (bakersshoes.com). They have an elastic panel in the back and can go over the knee (but I fold them down).

I see cute shoes in your future!
Airycuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #9  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

someday i will buy a pair of really cute tall black boots with heels to go with my black miniskirt and wear it out somewhere with DH
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #10  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Oh thank you all!
Even thin my calves are too big for regular sized boots. I think these suggestions will lead me to a pair I can love! So grateful for you ladies!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #11  

This thread inspired me to try on boots today when I was at Macy's.

Tried on an 8 1/2M and was psyched they fit, non-wide up to my calf whoo hooo. With my coupon and the markdowns for end of season, I paid $13 and change for them. Was so happy to skip out of there with my box of new boots.

Just tried them on at home...in the store, I only tried on the right one (the display). The left one only zips half way up, ooops!!! It's going to be another month or so (I hope!) for these to fit right. Who knew your legs are 2 different sizes?

I agree with the above post that it's so hard to get wide calf boots but keep the foot regular. I don't have wide feet, just wide calves!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #12  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Penningtons is a Canadian chain with great wide width boots. Someone told me they're shipping to the states now.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #13  

Www.simplybe.com has some really great boots and sizing options.

The only thing I don't like is it takes about 2 weeks for the boots to ship. Otherwise, I love them
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

jessicalondon.com
I got some boots for myself from here for Christmas and I love them ! they have a zipper and a lace up so the calf size is totally adjustable. my calfs are like 15 inches an they fit loose with them laced up tight. they could fit 20+ inch calfs easy.

http://m.jessicalondon.com/clothing/...roductTypeId=1

these in black, specifically !

the ONLY downside is that the material is pretty thin. Which means you need to wear leggings / tights or very well fitting skinny jeans, regular jeans won't really fold into these like some boots - you'll see it all bulky.

Last edited by Alyj89; 02-08-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote