South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tuesday Beach Chat 2/5

Good snowy morning. Fortunately just light snow. Which is good as I have the range today. Luckily the range is in doors, but will drive with another officer. He returned to work yesterday after almost a two year absence due to colon cancer.

A piece of cake here a cookie there showed up on the scale this morning. No worries as the evil treats are gone and I am still focused. We are going to dinner Friday, but the restaurant has many OP choices so no worries.

Time to walk to the platform. Have a great day.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 93.2kg - 91.5kg - 65kg

Height: 163cm

Good morning everyone. No snow here but windy and cloudy. I am definitly ready for winter to be over and spring to arrive.
I am happy today as after 3 weeks of stalling my weight seems to slowly be dropping again. That is good and will hopefully mean that I can lose the 3kg till the end of the month.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, have some coffee, I am

Jennifer, I just peeked at your profile...i love the pic there It is just what I need to prepare myself for my not-so-great weigh-in this morning.

Nina, I am sick of winter! it is 0 F here this morning. But congrats on your stall moving, down!

Up earlier as my husband's car finally died and I have to take him to work...one hour there, one hour back..ugh. Then figure out what we're going to do. Oh, it's just money

have a great day! (it's my Friday!!)

Last edited by VermontMom; 02-05-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No fresh snow here, just the leftovers from the night before. Regardless, I've had enough of winter and am eager for spring.

We made the difficult decision yesterday to keep Mom in the nursing home, as it would be very hard to care for her at home. We really like where she is now, the nurses are in love with her, and she has a private room. Dad feels good about the decision and it's a huge weight off his shoulders. Mom is comfortable there, too, although she still asks when she's going home.

Today is my long day, ending with violin lessons this evening, so I won't be getting home til late. Thank goodness Mom will have lots of visitors today and I'll be able to get up there tomorrow. They also do TheraPaws, and Mom really enjoyed that yesterday.

OK, I'd better cobble some lunch together and get ready for my day.

Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I woke up earlier than I had to with my annual cold. I can't really complain, as sick as everyone around me has been I just have a baby cold. It's an annoyance but nothing more. So glad I made chili yesterday. I'll add extra hot sauce, that should clear things up fast

Jennifer - No snow here, just very cold. My brother and SIL are near the lake effect area though, lots up there! Hope your commute is relaxing. Do you read on the way in? I miss mass transit, I got so much reading done.

Holly - I hate February, it seems to last forever! Do you have snow up your way? We don't have any so I can't even snow shoe. Blah. Good luck with the car

Nina - I love it when a stall ends!

Today I've got my first deep tissue massage. I really hope it helps with this back/leg thing I've had going on. I think I'll make it a desk work day and try to get rid of this cold. I'm sure I got it from the children, they do love to share, but providers will not be happy if I bring new germs into their programs. I've got 4 days at the statehouse this month. Three will just be lobbying and one is an event. I'm looking forward to lots of good conversations. I'm past the point where I'd like to earn a living that way but it will be fin to spend a few days at it.

Okay, more coffee before anything else. Happy Tuesday

ETA - Cottage Sounds like you are finding the supports you need. Thinking of you

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-05-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks. I'm working on that coffee that Holly just handed me .

Jekel - congrats to the man joining you today, what a victory. I need to pitch the rest of DH's birthday cake!! (in the garbage, preferably ).

Nina - congrats on the scale. WOO HOO!!!

Holly - It's only money...LOL! At least you have some good bonding time with the hubbie, right?!?

Cottage - sounds like a good decision for your family, albeit a tough one. Sounds like a great place...especially the Therapaws .

Cyndi - you're lucky if you're only getting a mild cold! Fill up on those antioxidants!

I have a long day of work, with a quick meeting before hand. Woo Hoo.

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Busy, busy Beachers. I woke wondering what the light was outdoors. I'm almost always up way before dawn but I guess I was catching up from a bad night on Sunday. Looks like everyone has the day cranked up before me.

Not feeling chatty this morning as my neighbour Liz has to make a that FInal Decision about her wee dog this morning. She is coming down for coffee by 8 to discuss it. So hard but time for her to be unselfish.

Later today, probably after a sad trip to the vet, I am going to a quilting bee - not my usual group but another bunch of fun ladies. At least I know them all and will know who the person subject of the gossip. We are actually going to be hand quilting a big quilt - the old-fashioned way!

Back later if I have any news.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

One of our cars died too yesterday. In the parking lot at the grocery story after my workout and shopping. The good news is that it was the best possible location for it to crap out on me - the store closest to home and therefore rescue by DH. The bad news is we had to have it towed and haven't heard back from the garage yet.

I work today. Then will run a few errands.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Slept in now it's time to get ready. I had an uncomfortable day yesterday...Day 3 in my new work shoes and my feet were very tired. I think they're great in general...but perhaps I need to insert the old shoes every other day for awhile.

Linda, I'm glad your mom seems happy where she's at. Working with the therapy dog program for so long I've met so many wonderful caregivers who truly love what they do.

Holly, ouch for an hour drive each direction!

Cyndi, I've been nursing that half cold...feel certain it's never become a full blown deal for all the ginger root I put in my morning smoothie.

everyone else!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - great minds I just pulled ginger out of the freezer for tea. I will spend the day drinking tea with fresh ginger, fresh lemon juice and local honey. It may not be perfectly SBD compliant but agave just won't cut it for this purpose. Ginger is magic. Julie always swore by raw garlic cloves but I need to see people so that won't work.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Karen, sorry to hear about your car!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning busy chatty ladies!

I thought I was finally getting here early enough and you all blew it out of the park already!

Jennifer - glad you are not derailed!
Nina - glad the scale is cooperating!
Holly - that blows drive safely
Cottage - it is hard to make those types of decisions but glad you are happy with the home
Cyndi - jealous of the massage! Enjoy!!! And feel better...
Twynn - have a good day!
Ruth - keeping your friend in my thoughts today.
Karen - sorry about your car
Debbie - I find swapping out every day for a week then every other day helps.

I guess I am the only one that likes winter! I'd rather be cold than sweat. Up early again in anticipation of the maintenance guys appearing. If not, I will either trek to the office or give a call - they came on Thursday when I was sick and not since. On top of which, the issues have been going on since NOVEMBER. Time for a rent concession.

AND

I heard from unemployment and it seems my former employer is not being helpful because the woman from unemployment is on my side AND she discovered on her own that they are committing tax fraud. Former employer is not happy however, I am thrilled!

Happy Tuesday all!

Last edited by jenne1017; 02-05-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #13  

Ok I am ticked..just got back from the grocery store.. NO FROZEN CAULIFLOWER without SUGAR in it... what the heck ??. I looked at the fresh and at $4.50 a sm head it seems hardly worth the effort at that price.( size of a sm grapefruit )). Now I am on a tear to find a store that sells just PLAIN cauliflower frozen without ADDED junk in the package.... I even talked with the store manager .. He was clueless.
I just wish these food companies would stop adding all this extras to regular food.. It took me nearly 10minuts to find canned beans that had just beans and water and salt in it... all the rest had all sorts of ingredients called FIRMING AGENTS.
.... I bought some plain crushed tomatoes to make my own sugar free tomato Sauce for stuff peppers...again every thing had sugar or a cousin of sugar in the ingredient .
No wonder we all have such a time finding decent food any more...
Excuse me for my Rant but that stuff really frustrates me..
Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Back again lol with mixed emotions. Did someone jinx cars this week. Mine died at the train station this morning. The dealership said I needed to get it in by 4 to be seen. Really wasn't a problem because for the first time in my career I did not qualify at the range! Oh how embarrassing not to mention my pride took a beating. I am not a marksman, but always pass with a descent score. Last time I shot was a 290 out of 300. I wanted to cry, but there's no crying at the range. Although some have lol. I have passed countless vending machines, McDonalds, old "friends" but Inam holding strong. Thanks to free coffee at the dealership. I am sure anxiety is going to factor my sleep tonight. Ugh!

Cottage, my grandma used to ask me to take her home when she was in the nursing home. It was so hard, but we knew she was getting the best care and most days she was happy. She loved when Joey and I would visit. He loved going too because the residents fussed over him all the time. Pet therapy was very comforting to her and us too. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Holly and Karen I hope your car issues are minor.

Jenne glad unemployment office is on your side.

CyndiM oh how I would love a massage today. Yes, I read almost daily on the train. So relaxing not sitting in traffic

Debbie I hope your tootsies feel better today

Ruth you truly are a good friend for being there for Liz

Crenita do you have Stop and Shop by you? There brand Nature's Promise line is usually organic and sugar free.

Holly which picture were you referring to?

Tammy I hope work passes quickly
Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

My you ladies are chatty today!!! Yesterday was AWFUL. Migraine hit about 2 hours after I got up. 1 Zomig, 2 Aleve, 3 Tylenol, and 7 hours later it was finally gone. Then I got home from work and my knee was hurting (I dislocated it being a drunken idiot at our shift party on New Years Day) so I came home and took 2 Ibuprofen and a Lortab. I think I had enough meds to take down a bear yesterday, LOL

The good news is that it worked and I feel much better today. Gotta head up to the doctor's office tomorrow and get this knee checked out. I popped it back in place myself but it seems to have popped back out. NOT looking forward to that.

Just flying by to say hi. Hope you ladies are doing well.
Closed Thread