100 lb. Club - Just one day

View Full Version : Just one day

healthyginger
02-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Please God, just give me day of abstainence-healthy food choices- calorie counts, I've been floundering up and down since Christmas. Long story, but after 6 mo of doing well and loosing 57 pds I got off track, regained 5 pds and can't seem to get going again. Yes, I avoided being here-I wanted to be back loosing before I came back-silly me- I need you to get back loosing again. I have to go to bank today to straighten some stuff out and I want to make a comittment right now that that is all I will do in town- no fast food or bakery stop offs .

Roo2
02-04-2013, 12:12 PM
:hug: Oh I feel for you right through my IPad . Just wish I could reach out to comfort you and give you support. I too remember trying to start and it was definitely hard...what I did is take it hour by hour then it moved on to meal by meal.
Try and find something that distracts you and replace that with food.
A new hobby or something that you can do that will even keep you away from food.
When I started on IP I would go upstairs away from the food and bring my drink or food with me to prevent temptation...later it became easier and I now I can bake a cake and frost it with out even being tempted. I was told it takes 30days to form a new habit..I think that's what I have done.
You can do this ...it just takes being able to tell yourself No ! Not forever just for now.
Good Luck and thank you for sharing your heart filled post it really touched my soul.:hug:
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Syckgirlsfv
02-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I just started a puzzle last night...a 3 foot panoramic view of the Vegas strip. I wasn't even aware that I sat there for almost 4 hours, never mind thinking about being hungry! Haven't done a puzzle in probably 20 years...I forgot how much I love them!

lunarsongbird
02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
http://urbansavior.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/One-day.jpg

Are you back from the bank yet?

healthyginger
02-04-2013, 03:01 PM
So far so good, ontarget with lunch . Bank is this afternoon . I'm hangimg out online tillthen . I'm using my nook. Impossible to use it & eat while curled on side on living roomcouch. Had my morning & noon supplements and am listening to asubliminal weightloss cd.

lunarsongbird
02-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Excellent, Excellent. What program are you following?

healthyginger
02-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I count calories-1,500 . 80-90 % Healthy stuff with 10-20% Fun or snack food. Also 3 days a week I do a DVD exercise for sitting arthritis. Now I'm out the door to the bank.Also have 5 mini meals 3 hrs apart. 8 large glasses water and a slew of supplements.

lunarsongbird
02-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Just checking in. How did your outing go?

healthyginger
02-05-2013, 11:55 AM
My outing went great. Tempting as the bakery was I made it home and through the night on plan. Thanks for the help. I just sgned up for a few challenges to help me keep going.